Defenders of Aylanae

Session Log 19

DM:hey
Sef apparently isn’t coming and G is prolly gonna be late, but we can start with Alyssa’s part anyway.
Herlock:gimme 2 minutes
to get ready
DM:yeah that’s fine. heh. I’m not quite ready yet myself anyway. Didn’t expect to start earlier than 730
Tabris:He’s probably just playing Baldur’s Gate
Herlock:i am at the last boss
DM:ok I’m back now.
heh well I guess finish killing him then we’l start.
You should kill him in one hit wih your uber cheesed super character anyway :P
Come on man, he should have been dead 5 minutes ago
Tabris:lol
Herlock:DID IT
hes dead
first try
no deaths
solo
alone
okay
so i am going to see adron?
DM:heh. ah you were going it solo.
Alyssa Toress:yeah
DM:Was wondering what was taking ya so long :P
Alyssa Toress:i even got an achievement
DM:heh really? they got a solo achievement?
Alyssa Toress:yeah
DM:the crown of aged cheese? :P
Alyssa Toress:no
flying solo
DM:They actually got a hardcore mode in the new one?
well the remastered I mean
Alyssa Toress:no hardcore mode
DM:ah
heh well anyway…
Lets get this started…
Alyssa Toress:http://i.imgur.com/ItQOMYF.jpg
DM:lol magic missile?
Tab would be proud.
Finishing him off with magic missiles
Tabris:lol
DM:Did you one shot him with a magic missile?
Alyssa Toress:no
i set off a bunch of skull traps at the start of the fight
so he was already down to near death
i stacked them in front of the stairs he walks down
DM:Ah. I was wondering cause it looked like he just stopped talking, then you MMed him, then he died.
Alyssa Toress:then aggroed him
oh no
he talks a bunch of times
as he gets closer to dead
DM:ah. Yeah I haven’t played the end of BG1 in a super long time
I only beat that game once.
I kinda liked BG2 a lot better.
1 was decent, but it didn’t really have the good story stuff and detail that 2 did
Alyssa Toress:i like 2 better
but this is a competition T
i gotta be all 3
without diyng
DM:There’s a 3rd one?
Alyssa Toress:throne of bhaal
is considered the last in the trilogy
i know its just an expansion to 2
bbut people call it a trilogy anyway
dont ask me why
DM:Ah.
Alriht so anyway.. lets get this game started.. so last we left off Alyssa was going to see Adron while the rest of the group was killing time at night (and possibly exploring old warehouses).
Alyssa gonna just head up there as herself or you gonna use some illusion stuff to try to lose the bards and such that are no doubt watching your ever move from the inn?
Alyssa Toress:i am gonna illusion
to try to hide myself
also i am gonna teleport
to outside
so i am not seeing leaving
or coming
or going
DM:heh okay.
Alyssa Toress:etc..
DM:Yeah betwen teleport and illusion you can lose pretty much all but the most skilled of bards.
Since they’d basically need some kinda magic talent of their own to be able to track you.
Alyssa Toress:yeah
DM:You make your way up to Adron tower (the tower itself no doubt has anti-teleport measures, at least in the sensetive areas, as is pretty common shielding protected things in the empire)
Alyssa Toress:right
DM:You’re sent up to one of the higher floors of the large structure, you can give me a technology check if you want to try to analze the security or you can just proceed in.
Alyssa Toress:i dont think i have technology
yeah its not trained
so i guess i just go see him?
DM:Well I eman I will let you use tech untrained if you’d like, mostly just cause everyone is familiar with it fro the most part. So I mean so long as you’re not actively trying to take shit apart, I will mostly allow untrained checks.
You’d need ranks to build/repair it probably though
The place has some deceptive security placed about. There’s the tell tale signs of Aela disruptors keeping teleportation neutralized, and the transparent glass-like panels that make up the windows are products of enchantment no doubt, with a set of extra security shutters that can be lowered in the event of an attack.
Even the doors themselves seem to have sealable properties, while this place is decorated to appear like an upscale place of business and such (and this floor is more like a penthouse apartment)… there’s a lot of underlying security. Even what looks like an independent air supply.. possibly in case the place has to go into lockdown for long periods.
Alyssa Toress:man i hope i dont get kidnapped
DM:Adron clearly takes his security very seriously… though has also covered most of it up with a bunch of lavish decorations and artwork.
The place also has numerous Aela sensors too, designed to find Imbued apparently.
Alyssa Toress:great
DM:Alyssa makes her way into the main door and into the sitting room of this upper floor penthouse, you’d guess Adron lives in all of this floor. Adron himself waits for you, with a smile on his face.
Senator Adron Kortarian:“So glad you came.”
Alyssa Toress:“good to see you”
Senator Adron Kortarian:“You’re looking beautiful as ever.”
Alyssa Toress:“its hard work being the most beatufiul woman in the world you know”
“theres a lot of maintance to take care of”
Senator Adron Kortarian:“Oh I can imagine… the bards must try to follow you everywhere.”
Alyssa Toress:“i had to change disguises 3 times on the way here”
Senator Adron Kortarian:“Even with the war going on, perhaps the most monumental event since the rising of Aylanae… they’re still interested in every little thing you do.”
Alyssa Toress:“yes its a hassle”
Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well that and your husbands… perceived problems.”
Alyssa Toress:“yes maybe someone will come up with a pill to deal with it”
Tabris:lol
Alyssa Toress:“or some kind of elixer”
DM:hehe…
Calim Gorn:(It’d be nice if I could at least actually bone my sister while my wife is talking smack about me)
Alyssa Toress:(look have her come here okay we can get seperate rooms)

  • Senator Adron Kortarian nods.
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“Some even suspect it’s an Illuvian plot to keep your houses apart. But I suppose it doesn’t matter to me.”
    Alyssa Toress:“oh well it is what it is”
    man i really dont feel well :(
    Calim Gorn:BG withdrawal?
    Alyssa Toress:no
    i have an inflamed nerve in my skull
    occipital neuralga or something
    Calim Gorn:Oh fun
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:Could be Lupus.
    Alyssa Toress:i’ve been taking aleve to deal with it
    nah i had it happen a few times before
    all i can do is take anti inflamitories and ice it
    and it kinda hurts a lot
    DM:well if you’re really not feeling up to it. I guess we can call off the session since we’re missing Sef and G anyway.
    Though hopefulyl we can at least finish this scene anyway.
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    i went and got some ice
    DM:Try giving yourself a brain freeeze? :P
    Alyssa Toress:no
    it helps with inflammation
    DM:Anyway…
    lets try to get the scene done then hopefuylly you wnot’ have anything else to do for a while.
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    i mean you dont have to end the session
    we can wait for garrion to show up
    and do stuff with tab and him
    DM:You make a ltitle small talk for a bit… so fast forwarding a bit into the conversation…
    Alyssa Toress:and i could just watch
    DM:“So I assume the Templar sent you and your group here to learn all you could about my anti-Earth demon operations here in Ronen.”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“So I assume the Templar sent you and your group here to learn all you could about my anti-Earth demon operations here in Ronen.”
    Alyssa Toress:“theres been some concerns yes”
    “earth demons appearing in ronen is cause for alarm”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“Of course… though given the Ronen senate hasn’t been informed, I’m guessing you and Templar feel the same as I do, that this matter should be handled with discretion to avoid causing a panic.”
    Alyssa Toress:“help me out so i can help you out”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“What did you have in mind?”
    Alyssa Toress:“be honest with me about your operations”
    “if i can see theres no cause for alarm i can calm down the templars”
    “otherwise they will send in other teams that arent as discreet as you can imagine”
  • Senator Adron Kortarian nods.
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“I think we both know that alerting all of Ronen to the threat will only result in a bunch of panicked senators who know so little about the topic at hand.”
    Alyssa Toress:“which is why you need to work with me to avoid disaster”
    “but i need to see whats going on”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“But here you are calmyl sitting down with the foremost expert in Earth Demons, relaxing in the structure that researches and manufactures the latest in magitech for this war.”
    “If indeed, the Earth demons were cause for panic? Shouldn’t I be the one most panicked?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i don’t know what your goals are but i intend to see that things are resolved in a manner that suits everyone”
    “cooperate and there is nothing to fear”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well I would think my goals would be plainly obvious throughout all of this. To help the empire defeat it’s Earth Demon enemies… and make a considerable profit while doing so.”
    Alyssa Toress:“just think of this as a weapons inspection to make sure everything is above board”
    “i promise it wont be too painful”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well I’ve already shown everyone the new technologies yesterday. They’ve been quite popular. If you’d like I can introduce you to the man that you ran into in your engagement with the Earth Demons a few days ago.”
    Alyssa Toress:“thats a start”
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“I can confirm that they were my men, working under my orders to neutralize Earth Demons.”
    “And I’ve got further teams studying the creature that they unfortunately had to escape from.”
    Alyssa Toress:“while dont we adjourn for now and my team can be back tomorrow to start the inspection”
    why dont*
    Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well we can certainly adjourn to more pleasant things… as for your team, I think we can keep this whole thing as a much more personal matter…”
    DM:He leans in to kiss you (and likely begin another sex scene)
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:but i am still gonna call in the team tomorrow
    DM:heh okay, so you’re gonna spend the night there.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:k…. alright cool your part is done then… now we can do G and Tab’s part (assuming G shows)
    Senator Adron Kortarian:Alyssa Toress gains a hero point.
    Alyssa Toress:in the morning i will tell the team thats hes not stonewalling us
    err
    he stonewaling us
    i didnt mean to put a not there
    i changed what i was gonna say
    and i guess they can tell me about the warehouse
    Calim Gorn:Heh, well if you’re spending the night with him I’m not sure when we’re gonna have the chance to tell you about it
    Either way we sent word back to the Sunlord with Hachi about the warehouse, so I guess we wait for a response from her
    Like whether she wants us to storm it on our own or she’s gonna send us help or what
    Alyssa Toress:i mean storming it is a bad idea
    if the earth demons get loose
    thats the entire city destroyed
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that would definitely be bad
    Also it’d be more fodder for the Guild of Swords to pull forces out of Yt
    Like holy shit Trisemmon was destroyed by Earth Demons, fuck Yt you guys
    Almost makes me wonder if it’s not worth just turning a blind eye to Adron altogether
    But if he’s fucking us over in Yt through his collaborations with Lastar I don’t know how we do that
    Alyssa Toress:i just wonder what their goal is
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah
    Alyssa Toress:get yt destroyed for…..what reason?
    DM:Also iddi make a slight error (or at least misconception) with what I told you before about Earth Demons. Technicalyl there are Nuumian-based creatures like screamers on other continents, iit’s just there’s no intelligent earth demons on other continents
    Calim Gorn:Claiming all the mines probably
    DM:so that may actually change how you want to approach Adron potetnially having them in captivity.
    Since they could be native to Ronen. I realized I probably was a bit confusing on that little bit of detail when I said there weren’t any earth demons on other continents.
    Calim Gorn:Oh heh, so it may not necessarily be abnormal that he would have a colony of those things in captivity?
    DM:Wel I eman keeping in captivity is unusual, but like he could have found them here. It’s not like they had to come from Tinigath, mostly the empire just exterminates em.
    They’re basically earth insects. Not intelligent or anything. The equivalent of Nuumian ants (well giant ants)
    Calim Gorn:Yeah but he could probably just say that he’s using them for his anti-Nuumian research
    DM:The revelation is encountering intelligent Earth demons basically.
    Yeah.
    Calim Gorn:And it’s not as big of a smoking gun as I thought
    DM:That’s why I figured I’d tell you that. heh. Since it may change what you want to do in action
    I realized I probably had you kinda confused in that area, so wanted to clarify that screw up since it’s not immediately obvious.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Though you guys haven’t acted on it yet anyway, so I mean it’s not a huge deal.
    Calim Gorn:I mean my main goal is basically to keep the Guild of Swords in Yt because I don’t want Laventa to get slaughtered when the Earth Demons overrun everything, so that means that if we can’t find any majorly damning dirt on Adron I’d almost rather just leave him be
    DM:hehe.
    Of course, Geralt with his knowledge mguiht be able ot detect if they’re native Screamers of Yindae or Balaras… Since he has the monster lore, but he’d have to inspect em firsthand.
    So if he is improting them to so to speak he could tell if he could look at them
    Since they do have differing species of screamers on other continents. Though only a monster expert would know that shit
    Calim Gorn:I guess the biggest question is like… so what if he is, like what could he potentially be doing that would be an out and out crime and would be worthy of the Council censuring him
    Like if he’s intentionally summoning intelligent Earth Demons from the depths of Ronen then I can see them being pissed off about that
    DM:Well I mean, if he’s purposely loosing Earth Demons on Yindae that’d be a crime heh.
    Calim Gorn:But if he just has a nest of Screamers in a warehouse I don’t know if they’d care
    DM:Or yeah… like if he found intelligent ones native to Yindae and stirring them up that migth be considered a crime as well.
    Yeah, I mean sceramers are common to dig up during mining operations in all contentents (though way more prevalent in Yindae)
    So I mean it could just be part of him digging his underground stuff, though… it would mean hhe probably dug a lot deeper than just a few surface tunnels
    since you gotat go pretty deep to run into screamers generally
    So it could suggest some kind of deeper structures around Trisemmon than previous believed.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah and the Dragonhome Mountains are pretty close by
    Could be tunnels going over there
    DM:Yeah he could be importing them.
    Calim Gorn:Okay, I mean I guess if I don’t have clear evidence of him doing something explicitly illegal then I dunno if it’s worth reporting to the Sunlord about just yet
    DM:Yeah I’ll let you retcon that if you’d like too
    since I don’t think I made it really clear what the deal was with the screamers.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    I thought that was a lot more major than it is
    DM:Yeah.
    I mean it mioght be moremajor if Geralt finds out they’re imported, then at least you’ve got some proof hes importing them, if they’re domestic it might mean he’s involved in some kind of deep underground operations.
    Or maybe he’s using some kinda tech to attract them of course too.
    Calim Gorn:If they’re imported though is that an actual crime? I guess you could argue that he’s endangering Ronen because what if they get loose from their transport
    DM:Yeah, it’s not really an actual crime, unless it’s proven he’s doing it working with Tinigath and trying to undermine the empire
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I mean this whole thing is a wild goose chase without some kind of incriminating documents or testimony or something, lol
    DM:Directly working with Tinigath is pretty much treason.
    Calim Gorn:Or if we could find the demon summoning machine
    DM:Yeah you could also call in some expert assistance too.
    Geralt knows some druids who are good at sensing earth stuff for instance.. and there’s always some Gorn scientists (or potentially Sayuri)
    Calim Gorn:Heh, yeah if we could ping the area around Trisemmon with seismic sensors that might turn up something maybe
    DM:Assuming you dont’ get anything from Adron, you could always conduct your own investigation in earth demons elsewhere on Balaras.
    Like everything Aylanae related heh, it’s not quite a linear adventure necessarily. Of course you could also continue to have Alyssa try to get info out of Adron
    If you still had Sef you could have also tried to track Angelus too when he went on the move potentially heh.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah I mean I don’t know what else we can do right now, if we try to go into one of his facilities covertly we run the risk of getting captured and then we’re kinda SOL
    DM:But Trisemmons new leash laws make that difficult and forced him back to Aylanae.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Yeah heh, I mean you may want to look for proof elsewhere assuming you don’t want to conduct a cover breakin of somewhere
    You’ve had two earth demon incidents withn a few days of each other.
    So it satnds to reason there may be more…
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah
    DM:Assuming you’ve got nothing else to go on.
    Calim Gorn:Problem is I don’t want the shit going public
    DM:Also calling contacts can always work, though yeah you’d probably want to keep it under wraps so someone you know.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I do like the idea of calling in some Gorn resources to set up seismic sensors
    And have them report their findings back to me
    DM:Ellenya too potentialyl though she is a bit busy on some other project, but she amy be able to spare some as well.
    And of course Geralt knows some druids that have some magic that can do similar stuff
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, I could tell her that we’re trying to catch Adron in the act and nail him
    DM:And there’s always Darien Gorn…
    Calim Gorn:Tell Ellenya that she needs to keep quiet for now and avoid going public so that we can trap Adron and get him where we want him
    And then she could like, lay claim to all his shit since she helped bust him
    DM:heh, well they wouldn’t really necessarily let her just steal his shit, although it will certainly cause his company to lose a lot of business and she could potetnially produce some knock offs of some his tech in the vacuum
    Assuming he’s straight up proven to be a traitor.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    I mean either way it’s good business for her
    DM:Though the treason laws in Ronen aren’t quite like Yt. where they just let you slaughter em and take their shit
    like there has to be a trial and stuff.
    Especially considering Adron is a senator.. so he’s got even more priviledges from that
    The senate will bring up a shit storm if you go after one of thier own without due process.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    That’s another reason I want to gather more evidence
    Reason to Ellenya that if she really wants to nail Adron then the case has to be ironclad
    And that if she goes around crying wolf too soon then it blows everything
    DM:yeah heh.. I mean remember Elleyna cares more about nailing Lastar than Adron of course.
    Calim Gorn:Well if Lastar is linked to Adron then we may find some dirt on him too
    DM:And she is kinda busy right now on some kind of other project of her own…
    Calim Gorn:But only if we’re given time to dig deep enough
    DM:Yeah heh
    Calim Gorn:Mainly I just don’t want her blowing the whistle too early heh
    DM:Yeah heh. I mean that’s the problem since she’s kinda worried about the whole earth demon thing.
    Calim Gorn:Alternatively if I can get Laventa out of Yt then I don’t give a shit what happens to the rest of it lol
    DM:And she’s worried about why Adron isn’t worried… :P
    Since Adron should be target #1.
    Since Adron futuristics is the #1 principle supplies of anti-earthy demon tech.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, well if he’s not worried then she doesn’t need to worry
    DM:Well she does if he’s controlling them and using them to take down the competition
    Calim Gorn:She can just leave the grunt work to us and go on with her special project
    DM:Either that or Adron coudl just be ridiculously overconfident.
    Calim Gorn:I mean this is Adron we’re talking about
    DM:I mean he does seem to show confidence in his technologies… and he did open up a pit of Blightsteel as part of a demonstration.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    So it’s not out of character at all for him to blithely ignore the danger he’s putting himself in
    But yeah I’d definitely like to get an idea of what tunnels might be under Trisemmon and how deep the ygo
    they go*
    Maybe there’s a hidden facility we could investigate
    DM:yeah.
    Calim Gorn:And we can toss a wider net and see if we can predict the next Earth Demon appearance
    DM:right.
    Calim Gorn:So if I can get a network of seismic sensors set up and do some subterranean mapping then that’d be a good start
    DM:I mean right now basically al youv’e got him on is that his agent tried to kill that one girl the Earth demons captured… Though he’ll likely blame that on just an effort to avoid panicking the people of Ronen.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    The girl wasn’t an Imbued so they basically don’t give a shit
    DM:Right. I mean the peopel fo Ronen would be angered at that potentially but like right now, nobody really wants the whole story to get out
    So it’s likely nobody wants to go public with that shit
    Since eremember even the templar don’t want a mass panic
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    DM:And trying to sanction Angelus about that would result most likely in a fine and bringing it before the council which would reveal to the high senator what was going on.
    And he’d be like “Earth Demons? Under my shit! Recall Lastar and protect my ass! And install some sensors under me…. and an island mansion!”
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Don’t want to go that route
    Unless I can get Laventa out of Yt like I said…
    Then hell the rest of ‘em can choke
    DM:Ronen really doens’t have the kind of seismic tech that Yt does, since they weren’t really worried about it.. so like for the most part theyd be almost defenseless from a surprise attack mass earth demons trike.
    So if what hit the wolfheart or Vigilance hit somehwere in Yindae, it’s be total chaos
    Since it’d take em almost completely by surprise no doubt
    Calim Gorn:You mean Balaras lol
    DM:yeah Balaras
    sorry. heh.
    Wrong continent :P
    And that’s where most of the senators are from, so obviuosly if the senate caught wind of that it’d be a huge shitstorm.
    Calim Gorn:All right so… I guess basic plan is to start leveraging some resources and get a seismic net set up, at least a basic one… And I expecially want some mapping of whatever tunnels are under Trisemmon
    Alyssa Toress:great
    Calim Gorn:And then on the side I’m gonna look into how I might get Laventa transferred out of Yt
    Alyssa Toress:do i get to keep cheating on my husband?
    DM:Presumably unless he invests in a maigtech chastity belt.
    Calim Gorn:And I’m gonna have Geralt request help from his druidic contacts
    We’re gonna track this shit down
    And yeah let Alyssa keep trying to get info out of Adron
    DM:Yeah I mean the druids could be sent for. Obviously they need a lotof them over to defend the Hydra, but they’d realize the gravity of the situation probably… given that a panic would result in the war effort taking a huge hit.
    Calim Gorn:Hopefully other than genetic info
    Yeah heh
    I mean we can explain to them that if Ronen goes into a panic over Earth Demons then they lose all the soldiers defending them
    So we need some assistance in getting to the bottom of these strange occurrences
    And avoiding an undue panic
    DM:Yeah. So you’ve got a buch of places to turn to.
    Assuming you wanted to take the investigation that direction.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I think that’s gonna be the best course for now
    Until I can get Laventa out of Yt =P
    DM:Alternately you could just elect to say it’s no big deal and go bafck to the Templar, I mean it’d at least delay Lastar leaving.. at the potential expense of Ronen getting surpise attacked.
    Calim Gorn:And then on the side I can like, send Tharian a letter of concern about how Laventa shouldn’t be in Yt, that the fighting there is too dangerous for her, and that he should send someone like Sorvin instead
    Cuz who cares about Sorvin
    DM:lol… well I mean he’d probably tell you that Sorvin isn’t nearly as good a ighter as Laventa. He’sjust a mundane with a sword… going against earth demons.
    Calim Gorn:Fine send Falsion then =P
    Alyssa Toress:why doesnt calim get transferred to yt
    with laventa
    and they can send someone new to our parrty
    DM:Sorvin is seen a bit of a nut, since he’s a swordsman and a jouster and stuff in times of magitech.
    Calim Gorn:Heh they won’t send me, I’m married to you
    DM:I mean he’s pretty good with a sword… but like it’s still a sword against a giant thing made of stone/metal.
    And yeah Falsion is pretty badass but Tharian likes him a lot :P
    He did send Jaxim too.
    Calim Gorn:Oh he sent Jaxim to Yt? lol wow, wasn’t expecting that
    Guess it makes sense though if he wants Falsion to inherit, haha
    DM:yeah lol.
    Falsion like any imbued has been called into service but obviously, like with Laventa he’s trying to keep him out of fighting as mcuh as possible. thus far.
    So far they’re stationed at protecting Hydra, uphodling their deals with them.
    Of course,r that’s not exactly the safest place to be.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    But yeah those are basically my two plans of action… Start setting up detectors and call for some druids, and then think of ways to get Laventa out of Yt
    DM:heh
    Calim Gorn:Maybe if we end up going to the Hydra Clan in person to request their help then I can visit with Laventa a bit and “catch up”
    DM:yeah heh that’d be a possibility.
    Calim Gorn:But anyway that’s what I got so far heh
    Not sure what G is gonna want to do
    Alyssa Toress:how late is G gonna be
    i’m still here btw
    but i cant really do anything else
    without G
    my pain went down
    so i can still play
    DM:oh cool
    I think G said around 10 maybe.
    So shouldd be here within 20-40 I think
    Apparently it’s some office party… should have told G to bring his GURPS book, nothing kills a party faster than whipping out GURPS :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:being a solo sorcerer in the early parts of baldurs gate 2 is kinda tricky
    magic is illegal in amn
    if you cast spells the police come after you
    Calim Gorn:Fun times
    Alyssa Toress:you can bribe them to buy a license to practice magic
    5000 gold
    Garrion:small group
    Calim Gorn:Hey G
    Yeah Sef bailed
    Garrion:anything special happening?
    Calim Gorn:Not really, was discussing with T what I had in mind for our path forward, and Alyssa is boning Adron some more
    But T was clarifying that us finding that warehouse with the Screamers in it may not necessarily be a huge deal like we thought
    Geralt:ok, so not much IC stuff… we going to try to do anything further tonight?
    Calim Gorn:Since apparently they’re native to all the continents, it’s just not known to find intelligent Earth Demons anywhere other than the continent that Yt is on
    We were talking about having Geralt maybe request some druids from the Hydra Clan to help us track down the Earth Demons we’ve encountered in Ronen, and I was gonna have a seismic sensor net set up
    It’s possible of Adron is behind them appearing that he has some underground facilities somewhere that we could try to find
    But either way we don’t want to move too quickly since if Ronen goes into a panic about Earth Demons it’ll mean the troops get pulled out of Yt and the clans get overrun
    Geralt:yeah, don;t want that
    Calim Gorn:So if Geralt is agreeable to the idea we could have him try to recruit some druids to help search for the Earth Demons in Ronen on the down low
    While Calim gets a seismic sensor network set up
    And Alyssa keeps trying to get info out of Adron
    Geralt:but he keeps giving her somethign else?
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah, so far anyway
    Geralt:good thing she is starile
    sterile
    Calim Gorn:Heh, that’s probably one of the rumors about me
    She just has birth control magic
    Geralt:Complication: Firtle Myrtle
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:hehe.
    Yeah… we can do some more tonight… basically if you didn’t want to check out the warehouse yourself we’ll fast forward to next morning… when Alyssa basiacly comes back to tell you what happened. I dunno if Alyssa wanted to ask Adron anything in the mroning or not.
    Alyssa Toress:look man those birth control potions are very expensive
    Calim Gorn:Like you can’t afford them
    Alyssa Toress:nah i dont really got anything to ask him
    i am gonna setup a meeting for me and calim and geralt with the man in black
    or whatever he was
    DM:Okay he tells you to come back at noon and he can have Angelus available to you that you can question
    So you return back o the inn… and we can handle your conversation with Geralt and Calim IC.
    Calim Gorn:(to Geralt) “We need to handle this carefully… If we blow the whistle too soon then we blow the whole operation, and Ronen ends up in a panic and pulls troops out of Yt, leaving the clans defenseless… We need to dig deeper on this.”
    Geralt:“I agree, I definately don;t want to endanger the ongoing conflict.”
    DM:Assuming Alyssa returns to the inn using her disguises/teleport and such.
    Calim Gorn:“I might be able to get some more seismic sensors set up around the area… We could maybe see the next attack coming. And find out if Adron has any hidden facilities that nobody knows about.”
    “We could go pay a visit to your clan as well and see if they have any druids to spare… We could use their expertise in hunting the Earth Demons. Maybe we can trace them back to their source.”
    Alyssa Toress:hi sorry i was afk
    “i think we should meet with their operative as well”
    Geralt:“That could be a little more problematic. They likely won;t want to leave the conflict to help us on some wild goose chase.”
    Alyssa Toress:“the one from the tunnel”
    “adron said he will let us interview him”
    Calim Gorn:“If we explain the situation to Meerin then I’m sure—ah, Alyssa… You mean Angelus?”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes him”
    (i cant remember any of your fantasy names T)
    (call people bob or jim)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “Heh, I tried talking to him a little at the event the other day… He seems pretty loyal to Adron.”
    DM:heh, well nobody wants to play in any of my non-fantasy settings :P
    Alyssa Toress:“before we leave to go do chase another lead its worth a try”
    Calim Gorn:“Very well… Maybe you can convince him better than I can.”
    Alyssa Toress:“Adron wasn’t hasn’t been willing to reveal much”
    “he knew the templar sent us”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, surprising… I figured between his arrogance and your beauty it would be an easy mission.”
    Alyssa Toress:“hes smarter than he first appears”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    DM:heh… well I eman he is kinda renowned as a genius.
    Perhaps an evil genius…
    That’s for yout o find out.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah yeah
    Calim Gorn:“That’s why we need our case against him to be ironclad… Or we need to do a thorough enough job to conclude that there’s nothing to be concerned about and convince the Templar to call off the hunt.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes well lets try speaking to him and then getting sensor nets and maybe some druids in here”
    “and try to find other faicilities”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“You might want to speak to your cousin as well and make sure she doesn’t let things out of the bag too soon.”
    “She could probably loan us some resources to help as well, if you can convince her.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes she might be willing to”
    “we need to calm her down too”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, definitely.”
    Alyssa Toress:“geralt do you think the clans would loan us at least one druid?”
    G?
    Geralt:“i’ll see what i c an do.”
    DM:I mean given the importance of the situation the clan can definiteyl loan out some druids if you feel it’s necessarly.. of course… every druid they lose is one potentially not on defense.
    Geralt:right, that is my pouint
    Alyssa Toress:honestly defending ronen is a lot more ciritcal to the war effort
    nothing personal to yt
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh, if they lose Ronen’s support then the whole clan is potentially in danger
    Geralt:but do they see it that way, over their homes
    DM:The Ronen senate would certianly think so :)
    Alyssa Toress:but if they destroy the whole aparatus manufacturing magitech weapons and the like
    DM:They’ll be like “well whatever so a few clans get slaughtered… gotta save my own ass”
    Alyssa Toress:more than yt is gonna be screwed
    Calim Gorn:Not only that, I mean the Guild of Swords is the main standing army of the empire right now
    So if they decide to pull the guild out of Yt to defend Ronen you’re kinda fucked
    DM:Well The noble houses have soldiers, the guild of sword sis just the largest standing army (at least of nonimbued)
    The noble houses kinda rely a lot more on imbued without so many individual soldiers. Guild of swords is more of the imperial zerg rushers.
    Where they just got a bunch of magitech soldiers and magitech armor
    Calim Gorn:Well I mean you lose a lot of your numbers
    You’re down to just a handful of Imbued against the whole might of the Earth Demons
    DM:Yeah they’re losing a lot of soldier.s
    So having the guild pull out is bad.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    As long as the guild is still in Yt, they can probably spare a druid or two
    Hydra clan isn’t in the heavy fighting right now anyway
    DM:Yeah I mean, they’d want to spare a druid if you told em what it was for esepcailly.
    Geralt:ok
    DM:since they’re not stupid, they realize shit could get bad if they lose a lot of the Ronen support in the war
    So I mean sparing a few to help with that ain’t outof the question of course the druids loyalty would probably be in underselling the problem if there is one.
    Since thier interets is probably in protecting thier clan, and not Ronen.
    So they’er good for secrecy in not telling the senate, but they’re kinda bad if you need to tell the senate :P
    Calim Gorn:That can be something to keep Ellenya calm too, like don’t worry we got this shit covered, we got a Witcher and some Druids to hunt these assholes down, don’t need to go alerting the whole senate about it
    DM:Yeah I mean Ellenya is mostly worried about her own safety. Earth demons are scary shit and she already got earth rot once.
    Not to mention their potenial for mass terrorism if they start polluting the water supplies with Nuumian (another thing mainland Ronen isn’t equipped to handle)
    Though granted the Earth demons haven’t actually done that anywhere yet… though it’s sorat one of those proposed theorized terrorist tactics they could employ.
    So that’s why Ellenya is notably worried since full scale war is coming, so who knows what atrocities they’re planning onunleashing.
    Calim Gorn:Heh
    DM:So you wnated to fast forward to the sitdown with Angelus?
    Or you got more to plan/discuss IC?
    Geralt:i think that is enough, when will i have a chance to go gather support?
    Calim Gorn:I’m okay with moving on to Angelus
    Figure we can call our Druid in after that
    Might want to trave to Yt to make the request in person
    travel*
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:oaky
    Angelus is waiting for you as Adron promised… and you’re shown into a private conference room… Angelus has replced his usual more military looking gear with a formal expensive business suit.
    There’sa nother man with dark hair to his right… seated beside him
    Alyssa Toress:“greetings angelus thank you for meeting with us”
    “and who is your friend?”
    DM:The other man wears a suit similar to Angelus, though has a bit more of a refined look to it.. like he’s more used to it, where Angelus seems a bit uncomfortable in the formal attire…
    Calim Gorn:Zack? lol
    DM:Anyone wtih knowledge business or insight can make a roll on him.
    Geralt:bob
    Bessar Metochian:“I am Bessar Metochian… another employee under Adron who supervised some of the operations Mr. Osoloran was involved in.”
    Calim Gorn:Probably the company lawyer
    Oh, so Tseng
    DM:From what Calim can get, he might well be some kind of company lawyer or other administrative type.
    Alyssa Toress:“i hope you understand the need for this there is just some concern about earth demons appearing in ronen and we need to do our due diligince on the matter”
    Bessar Metochian:“Of course, Senator Kortarian perfectly understands the need for an investigation, which is why he was hoping we could get this matter cleared up quickly to move onto the more important events of the war.”
    Alyssa Toress:“of course”
    “could you describe the methods and and timing in which you detected the incursions that your team was at?”
    Bessar Metochian:“I can handle this question… Mr. Osoloran is a field operative, and is not privy on all our intelligence gathering methods as I am.”
    “As you know. Adron Futuristics is researching the latest in anti-Earth Demon technologies, as such we were conducting a test of one of our new seismic sensor modules and happened to pick up unusual signatures near Saerlon.”
    “We had thought to only detect screamers, however this was not the case.”
    Alyssa Toress:“could your sensors tell they were not screamers or did you evaluate that when on the scene?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Our sensor data highly suggested the presence of non-standard Earth Demons.”
    Alyssa Toress:“so you decided to dispatch angelus team?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Yes, the prsence of such an unknown potential threat warranted a specialist team.”
    Calim Gorn:“Isn’t it pointless to test your sensors if you know there’s nothing for them to pick up? Are Screamers really a reliable enough presence that you could be assured of finding them?”
    Alyssa Toress:(tab do some questions for a bit i gotta get more ice)
    Calim Gorn:(Heh okay)
    Bessar Metochian:“It is a matter of testing their effective depth through mutliple types of materials.”
    Calim Gorn:“But still, you have to have a signal for them to find in order to perform a successful test.”
    “You have to know there’s something there to know that the sensors are picking it up, yes?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Well not exactly…the sensors detect motion under ground, such as an earth demon burrowing. They’ll detect screamers if they’re sufficiently close by.”
    “Obviously the greater range we can manage, the more useful the sensor. Adron Futuristics always tries to be on the cutting edge.”
    Calim Gorn:“But how would you differentiate this motion from something like, say, the vibrations from a lightning carriage travelling nearby? Or an airship flying low?”
    Alyssa Toress:ask the usgs
    DM:Adron tower by the way is super busy today as well probably filling all the incoming orders for his new tech… a lot probably going to the guild of swords and put directly into the war effort.. likely before a big offensive everyone kows is coming soon…
    Bessar Metochian:“Well by position of course… if it’s on the surface, then it’s probably not an earth demon.”
    Calim Gorn:“The problem with your story the way I see it, is that without a known standard to calibrate your sensors towards, how do you know they’re really that accurate?”
    “How do you know you didn’t just happen to get lucky?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Well then we’re the luckiest people in Ronen, happening to find the first intelligent Earth Demons on record on Balaras.”
    Alyssa Toress:i am just gonna assume they have a way and not ask T to come up with an explanation how seismic sensors work
    Calim Gorn:“Indeed… Quite a coincidence, don’t you think?”
    “It almost sounds too unlikely to believe.”
  • Bessar Metochian gives Calim an odd look.
    Bessar Metochian:“A coincidence that our sensors detected an earth demon and it turned out to be an earth demon? I call that science.”
    Calim Gorn:(Do I get the impression that I’m making this guy nervous like I’m getting at something he’d rather keep hidden?)
    DM:You think he’s mostly just anoyed at you
    For wasting his time… heh.
    Calim Gorn:“I’m just wondering where that Earth Demon came from in the first place… They’re only supposed to be on Yindae after all.”
    DM:Though clearly he does seem to want to get this meeting over with… though he’s pretty stonefaced about it as far as letting oiut any obvious deceptions… then again if you were going to cover up something, you’d probably call in a slick coprorate bullshitter.
    Calim Gorn:“Yet it just happened to be there on Balaras, and just happened to be in the path of your sensor, and you just happened to have a team to dispatch after it.”
    Geralt:so is only the lawyer doing all the talking?
    Bessar Metochian:“That’s a mystery to us as well.. unfortunately our sensors are not quite that precise.”
    (Yeah thus far, cause he’s asking about sensor stuff which a field operative doesn’t know about)
  • Calim Gorn glances at Angelus to see if he might show any reaction
    Alyssa Toress:“can you tell us what the first tunnel was like when you arrived angelus”
  • Angelus Osoloran takes a moment to look towards Bessar and Bessar nods to him then he speaks.
    Angelus Osoloran:"The first tunnel was rather cramped, definitely created by Nuumian magic, our Nuumian sensors could detect it when we got close enough. "
    “After the tunnel there were at least three Earth Demons there.”
  • Angelus Osoloran looks to Bessar who nods again.
    Angelus Osoloran:“And the captive girl.”
    “Defenses on the tunnel were minimal, no wards to try to collapse it, and minimal difficulty getting in.”
    Alyssa Toress:“was the girl restrained in any way by the demons?”
    Angelus Osoloran:“I didn’t see any physical restraints, but escape wouldn’t have been possible.”
    “There’s no way she could have outrun the earth demons before they sealed the tunnel or grabbed her.”
    “And one was standing guard at the entrance.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and what methods did you use to dispose of them?”
    Angelus Osoloran:“The one standing guard had already wounded the sister of an imbued.”
    “I used an Aela burst spear as my primary weapon to vanquish two of the Earth demons.”
    “The third escaped, then I proceeded to detonate a Nuumian cleansing explosive.”
    Alyssa Toress:“were any members of the team injured or contract nuumenian poisoning?”
    Bessar Metochian:“The explosive in question is still in development… though it is designed to detoxify an area of Nuumian. To prevent it from poisoning the people with Earth Rot.”
    Angelus Osoloran:“Due to the small size of the tunnel. I proceeded alone. And I was not infected by Earth Rot.”
    Alyssa Toress:“okay so then you extracted the girl to a hospital?”
  • Angelus Osoloran looks again to Bessar.
  • Calim Gorn smirks
    Bessar Metochian:“The girl was deemed an acceptable loss to avoid causiung mass panic.”
    “Judging by the fact that you haven’t informed the Ronen senate… I assume you’d agree with our attempts to keep the incident quiet.”
    Calim Gorn:“I don’t agree with slaughtering innocent people. But I guess Angelus can just say he was following orders.”
    Alyssa Toress:“so afterwards you returned to the headquarters?”
    Angelus Osoloran:“We returned to base in a covert manner.”
    Alyssa Toress:“okay”
    “did you take any special preperations after the mission?”
    “did you consider it possible that there would be more incidents?”
    Bessar Metochian:“After the mission, Senator Kortarian decided it was prudent to increase our scanning efforts in Balaras. So yes, we did increase our scan range, which led to the second incident.”
    “As I understand your group was present for that one.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes we also detected the activity”
    Calim Gorn:“Where were the scanners you used to pick up this incident located?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Yes, unforunatetly given that the witness survived due to the intervention of Justinia Lastrium… there are forces that know about this incident.. and we had to move faster than ever to keep thiss under wraps.”
    “The exact positions of our sensors and facilities is proprietary information that I don’t deem relevant to this investigation.”
    Geralt:((afk a moment))
    Bessar Metochian:“Needless to say we were able to locate the incursion, as evident by the presence of Angelus and his team.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and you used this second incursion to test new weapons?”
    Bessar Metochian:“We tested expiremental weaponry in both incidents.”
    Alyssa Toress:“was the second incident harder from a combat point of view?”
    Bessar Metochian:“The prototype breaching grenade was used to assist in the rescue of Princess Alyssa when she was trapped by one of the earth demons.”
    “Yes, we suffered significant losses, as I’m sure you witnessed.”
    “And the Earth demon threat was not completely elimianted.”
    Calim Gorn:“Were you testing anything other than weapons?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Well there were a number of devices being tested. I assure you that all of them were being explored for their value in military operations.”
    Calim Gorn:“It seemed as though at least one of those devices didn’t function as anticipated from what we overheard.”
    Bessar Metochian:“Yes, as you may have noticed the breaching grenade was not shown off at our exhibit… after it’s somewhat poor performance we deemed it unready for mass release.”
  • Calim Gorn smirks, “That’s not what I’m referring to.”
    Bessar Metochian:“This is a natural part of the R&D process at Adron Futuristics to ensure we provide our customers with state-of-the-art equipment.”
    “Well perhaps you could be more specific.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps you could. One of Angelus’s men remarked that an experiment was being conducted at the site when we encountered them. Seems odd that you’d call Earth Demon extermination an experiment.”
    Bessar Metochian:“Well as I said before, there was a lot of expiremental technology being utilized, so it’s possile he was simply referring to that.”
    Calim Gorn:“Well then Angelus, perhaps you could answer how the Earth Demons were able to set a trap for you?”
    “That sort of thing usually requires them to know you’re coming, doesn’t it?”
    Angelus Osoloran:“We responded the last time they came near the surface, I believe they were hoping we would do the same a second time.”
    Alyssa Toress:“but there was no survivors from the first attack”
    Angelus Osoloran:“One of the Earth demons did manage to escape in the first battle.”
    “I killed two fo the three that I saw.”
    DM:Angelus shows a bit of anxiety as he’s mentioning that bit and this line of questioning.. you’re not sure if he’s exactly lying or it just makes him nervous.
    Calim Gorn:“So you believe they knowingly set a trap for whomever might come wandering in after just their second surface incursion?”
    “You really think they’re that intelligent?”
    Bessar Metochian:“Truth be told.. this is a lot of speculation by those who are not experts in Earth Demon psychology.”
    Calim Gorn:“I’m not asking you, sir.”
  • Bessar Metochian shakes his head to Angelus as if telling him not to answer.
    Bessar Metochian:“That question would require speculationon the part of someone without the proper expertise.”
    Geralt:((back))
    Calim Gorn:“Angelus is a solider, I think he has plenty of expertise as far as how to fight battles and the tactics used in setting ambushes for the enemy.”
    Bessar Metochian:“Imperial tactics perhaps, but not Earth Demon tactics.”
    “Speculating on what the Earth Demon’s purpose might have been seems to be an unfruitful exercise which will likely only lead to more wild conclusions.”
    Calim Gorn:“Earth demons can sense vibrations from surface creatures, they would have known they were emerging in an uninhabited area.”
    “So why would they feel the need to set a trap?”
  • Calim Gorn ignores the warrior and focuses on Angelus
    Calim Gorn:“What do you think, Angelus?”
    Bessar Metochian:“We don’t know it was a trap… truth be told.”
    Calim Gorn:“Oh, I think Angelus knows.”
    “He said as much.”
    Bessar Metochian:“Well I’ms ure it appeared to be a trap in his opinion.”
    “But opinion and fact are two different things…”
  • Angelus Osoloran remains quiet but is noticeably more uncomfortable.
    Calim Gorn:“Are you really going to let this corporate bullshit-meister tell you what you saw out there, Angelus?”
    Angelus Osoloran:“It looked like a trap to me.”
  • Calim Gorn smiles, “No further questions on my end.”
  • Bessar Metochian looks at Angelus, visibly upset with him.
    Bessar Metochian:“Disregard what he said… I wouldnt want that being taken out of context until we learn the truth of what happened there.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, yes, of course…”
    “We know better than to take the opinion of a lowly soldier at face value after all, right dear?”
  • Calim Gorn gives Angelus a knowing look as he says that
    Bessar Metochian:“I think this meeting is over.”
    Alyssa Toress:“thank you for your time”
  • Bessar Metochian stands up and gestures for Angelus to do the same.
    Bessar Metochian:“Senator Kortarian hopes that you don’t press this matter further in the goal of suppressing undue panic.”
    Calim Gorn:“We’ll be in touch.”
    Bessar Metochian:“Of course.. in the meantime Angelus is needed on duty in case there are further incidents.”
    Calim Gorn:“Of course… Far be it from us to keep the Senator’s premier clean-up man from his duties.”
    DM:Alright so that meeting concludes.. what you want to do now?
    Alyssa Toress:i dunno go to YT?
    DM:As I said earlier the place is very busy and frantic with people apparently working to complete orders and such.
    The airship docks are kinda clogged up wiht a lot of traffic.
    Geralt:how long it take to get to Yt?
    DM:But a lo tof those ships are going to Yt so you could hitch a ride.
    Since they’re a lot carrying military cargo.
    Alyssa Toress:man i need to get a private airship
    DM:Fortaunnteyl you want to fly into a warzone.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah might as well hitch a ride since we need to talk to Meerin
    And I can maybe send a message off while we’re en route to request seismic sensors and some men to deploy them
    DM:Okay you catch a ride on one of the guild of Swords airships going that route… and you want to use their comms on the waay?
    Calim Gorn:Oh, hell no, not their comms
    DM:heh okay.
    Guess you’ll wait till you get to Hydra territory.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    Hopefully Gorn has a secure uplink set up there
    Since there’s a couple family members there and all
    DM:Your accomdations aren’t great, they basicall ypout you up in a barracks with some other soldiers, it was the best thy could manage since it’s basically carrying troops and cargo.
    So it’s not really designed as a passenger ship.
    While there though… Calim does get approached by one of the soldiers… low rank by the look on his insignia…
    Soldier:“Hello Sir… I was wondering if I could have ask a question.”
    DM:He’s pretty young, maybe 20 to 23 or so…
    Calim Gorn:“Hm? Very well… What’s your name, soldier?”
    Soldier:“Sergeant Xenus sir.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“Go ahead, Sergeant.”
  • Calim Gorn wonders what this random soldier wants with him…
    Sergeant Xenus:“Sir, I heard you visited Ealia recently…. and there were some rumors about.. .Earth Demons.”
    “My family lives there, I wanted to know if you knew anything.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Sergeant Xenus:“Some of the bards say you were sent to check it out.”
    DM:Ealia btw was where the ambush happened, the second earth demon incident.
  • Calim Gorn smirks… “You believe everything the bards say?”
    Calim Gorn:“I hear they say a lot of colorful things about me.”
    Sergeant Xenus:“Well.. this story seemed a little more legitmate… they say there was a similar incident in Saerlon… are the Earth demons attacking us in Ronen?”
  • Calim Gorn shakes his head, “No, they aren’t. Don’t worry about your family right now. You need to take care of yourself where you’re going.”
    DM:I’ll give you a deception check on that.
    Calim Gorn:I’ll spend my Luck on this if it’s a shitty result, heh
    Yeah spending Luck
    DM:heh you call upon your reserves of heroism and lie like a champ.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:He seems convinced anyway.
    Okay the rest of the joureny passed without incident…
    Calim Gorn:No that would have been a Hero point =P
    That’s why I used Luck =P
    DM:oh right heh…
    Good point :P
    Okay the rtest of the journey passes by as you arrive in Aontas, Hydra Clan territory. It’s changed since the last you visited… at least since war was declared as you see there’s rapid efforst to construct fortifications and new structures here and there… being an odd mix of technology levels.
    It looks that Meerin decided to give the Templar, House Gorn and the guild of swords a pretty free reign to construct srtuctures and set up facilities.
  • Calim Gorn seems excited as they arrive, as if he’s looking forward to it
  • Geralt diembarks and goes to look for Meerin
    Calim Gorn:“Wow, things have changed a lot since we were last here.”
    DM:You head over to Meerin’s home whcih has appaerntly seen some upgrades… including what you see as a long-ranged Aela communicator… probably so he can handle business in Aylanae from the ground here.. and keep upo with the latest reports… Meerin himself just gets out of the door to his communciations room, hsi face shows a lot of stress to it.. probably from all the demands and events that have been happening.
    Geralt:“Greetings Meerin.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Geralt, you’ve returned!”
    Geralt:“Yes, for a short stay.”
    “Do you have time to meet with us or are you busy?”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“The Guild is going to launch the first counterstrike in a few days after they get in some new weapons. Yes I want to hear what you found out about Adron… he seems to be selling the best in weapons and detection equipment. Though I wanted to hear your take on him before we commit any of our resources to it.”
    Alyssa Toress:i mean honestly his weapons seem good?
    Geralt:“Are these quarters still private enough for our conversations?”, as Geralt looks at all the communication equipment."
    ((remember Geralt is not into all this fancy tech
    Meerin of the Hydra:“To be honest I’m not sure.. I had this installed to make sure I could keep up with what is going on…”
    Geralt:((so he not really trust that someone can’t listen in))
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I can’t afford to be kept in dark in these times.”
    Geralt:Aela hackers
    Meerin of the Hydra:(Yeah Meerin doesn’t really know tech well either, but he’s more adoptive of it.)
    Calim Gorn:“Only the person using the Aela Communicator can be heard on the other end… They don’t pick up background noise.”
    DM:Oh did calim go with him or was it just Geralt?
    I figured Calim was off doing his own thing
    Calim Gorn:I assumed I was there but I dunno if Geralt would want me along or not
    If not then I definitely have something else to do lol
    Geralt:he doesn’t care
    if you wanted to come he wouldn’t care
    DM:heh okay, well I guess Geralt takes all of you along then.
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Best we talk in private anyway…”
    Geralt:“Yes, I agree. This is a sensitive matter we wish to discuss.”
    DM:He mvoes to another room whcih granted isn’t really the greatest for privacy, the clans haven’t really set up the sort of paranoia based securities against spying that most of the other places have.
  • Calim Gorn nods, “As you wish, Chieftain. I can attend to other matters while you speak with Geralt.”
    Geralt:((i think he was refering to away from the gear))
    Meerin of the Hydra:(Yeah it was getting away from the comms)
    Calim Gorn:(Ah okay, never mind that then)
    Meerin of the Hydra:(House Gorn and the Hydra clan are allied so he’s not against you)
    DM:He sits down at a basic wooden table… this room devoid of any magitech.
  • Geralt follows Meerin to the more scure area.
    Geralt:“How did you know we had been to Ronen to see Adon?”, he starts out casually.
    Meerin of the Hydra:“That large contraption in the other room has its uses.”
    “As I said I’ve tried to keep up with what’s going on.”
    Geralt:“Well the equipment was demonstrated and it certainly seemed useful in the controlled arena.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“It was a good idea, to see what kinds of things we could benefit from. President Lastar of the Guild of Swords seems Adron’s contraptions are worth much.”
    Geralt:“How it fares in the field in real situations is unknown.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“But whether they could benefit us I do not know.”
    Calim Gorn:“They appeared effective from the demonstrations I’ve seen.”
    Geralt:“That is partly why we came, the testing of the equipment in the field.”
    “This needs to be kept to the upmost secrecy, just we, Adon, and the templars know about what I’m going to tell you.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I understand. We are your people and we share and protect your secrets.”
    Geralt:“There has been some earth demon activity in Ronen. We were sent there to investigate rumors and it turns out they are true. The question in our minds though is the circumstances surrounding the events.”
    “Both times Adon’s men were involved. They discount it as luck and fortunate circumstances. We wonder though if there is more behind it.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Earth Demons in Ronen? And Adron behind it?”
    Calim Gorn:“We have no proof yet that Adron is directly involved… But yes, we have encountered Earth Demons, and men working for Adron have been battling them.”
    Geralt:“We will soon be returnign to Ronen to lok into this some more but we were hoping to acquire the aid of a druid or two in tracing the earth demon prescence.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“You think they came from Tinigath? Or you believe them to be natives of the continent of Balaras?”
    Geralt:“We are wanting to kep this quiet and not bring any undue attention to the matter for fear that a panick in Ronen would cause disaster for the clans here in Yt.”
    Calim Gorn:“We don’t yet know enough to say for certain. Personally, I believe it’s possible Adron may have devised some sort of machine to summon them from the depths of the Earth… But again, we have no evidence to support that conjecture.”
    “But yes, if word of this gets out in Ronen then they will likely pull the Guild of Swords out of Yt and leave the clans vulnerable, and we do not want that to happen.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Yes I can undestand the need for discretion.”
    Geralt:“Fortunately Adron is also desiring to keep things quiet. I’m sure the fect that we found out is too public for him.”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Meerin of the Hydra:“If they are from Tinigath, then destructon could be their goal.. or to incite the very panic we intend to prevent.”
    Calim Gorn:“Though if they are from Tinigath, that also raises the question of how they got to Baralas.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Of course, if they are native of Balaras, then it is possible they have not been corrupted as the Tinigath Earth Demons have.”
    Calim Gorn:Balaras* yeah
    “Corrupted?”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“The druids do not believe that all Earth Spirits are evil as the empire believes… we have long believed that Earth Spirits rest beneath all the continents.”
    “That they work in concert with humanity… striving for a balance. It is only the spirits of TInigath that are innately hostile, who have been corrupted by their desire for worshippers and hatred of the air.”
    Geralt:“The earth demons we encountered were every bit as viscious. Hachi, fell to one of them and was partially restored, but he will no longer be with us.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps they were only acting in self-defense though…”
    “It is too bad none of us know their language… Hm…”
    Geralt:It is likely. Adron was most likely provokign them to test his gear if we believe correctly.’
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Their language is not known to you… though there are traditions passed among the druids considered unpopular among the rest of the empire.”
    “You have shared a secret with me.. may I trust a secret of my own with you?”
    (He seems to direct that question more towards Calim than Geralt)
    Geralt:“you may.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“I am a man of honor. I will keep whatever secret you entrust to me.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“The Hydra clan has long had a tradition of accepting those of many different beliefs… and we do have among us some who the empire would consider traitors. Old druids who still believe in the old ways and preserve some of the old knowledge of the old rituals to speak to the spirits of the earth.”
    Calim Gorn:(Man I’m gonna get so many new mines for Tharian… j/k)
    Meerin of the Hydra:“If communication is your wish… I know of one that may be able to help… if on the other hand you wish to find them to eradicate them, I can supply you with a druid whose loyalties are not quite as questionable.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm…”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Geralt has spent his life studying the ways of monsters… and I shall trust his judgment on which path is best.. you were there, so you know more than I.”
    Calim Gorn:“If they are not truly hostile towards us and are only being incited by Adron then I would not wish to see them destroyed… For it is not their fault what has happened.”
    “But we may have no choice with the eyes of the Empire on us.”
    Geralt:“I say we try to talk with them first. At least learn of their intentions. If we need to move to erradication then we can go that route later.”
    “Empire aside, it is better to avoid further agressions on another front if possible.”
  • Meerin of the Hydra nods.
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I can get in touch with this druid, but should I send him with you, I require your oaths that you shall do your best to protect him no matter what, unless he outright betrays you. I have given him my word that the Clan shall protect him so long as he takes no direct action against us.”
    Geralt:“We will use the means at our disposal in this investigation.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Geralt:“You have my word. This man will come to o harm by my doing.”
    no
  • Meerin of the Hydra looks to Calim seeming to want him to actively speak the words.
    Calim Gorn:“I shall not betray this man so long as he aids us, by my honor.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I cannot guarantee his help but he will not act against you. He has no love of the empire, but I believe he will help to maintain a peace.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“I understand.”
    “To tell the truth, I have little love for the empire myself, haha.”
  • Calim Gorn cracks a joke to try to lighten the mood
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Some would consider you traitors for even considering this sort of approach. Keep that in mind before you tell anyone what you’re doing.”
    “I shall send out a bird to carry a message to him… hopefulyl we will recieve his response in a day.”
    Calim Gorn:“Very well, we will await word from you.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Until then you can stay here… though the place is a bit more crowded than usual with all the recent activity, not that we are complaning. We are thankful for the assiance House Gorn has provided, as well as the rest of the empire.”
    DM:So you guys gonna stay stationed there?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, might as well
    DM:Calim perhaps sneaks off in the mdidle of the night…
    Calim Gorn:There ain’t no perhaps about that, lol
    DM:The place btw is a lot less peaceful than when you visited befoer, the sounds of airships, structures being constructed with tools magitech and mundane… and even magitech armor walking around, mostly assisting in construction.
  • Calim Gorn goes to find Laventa after the meeting with Meerin
    DM:It’s a totally different town then when you last visited…. there’s even a group of warriors from Makoro, though you’re not sure what thier sttory is.. perhaps a group of samurai that got lost from thier main fleet.
    Yeah heh… Calim goes over to meet with Laventa.. wasn’t sure if there was anything you anted to actively discuss with her or if it’s just a purely social visit.
    Calim Gorn:Pretty much a social visit, checking on her well-being and such
    And maybe making arrangements for a more illicit rendezvous later
    Also doing my best to avoid Jaxim, cuz fuck that guy
    DM:Yeah Jaxim got stationed elsewhere, closer to the front lines.
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
    DM:heh well I figured you were gonna sneak off to have sex somewhere… I just meant like there wasn’t any plans you were discussing :P
    by social visit, I meant sexual lol.
    Calim Gorn:Oh lol
    Yeah I mean it’s been a while, so…
    DM:heh okay.
    I sorta assumed that big.
    Of course.. if Herlock si around he did say Alyssa was gonna try to follow you… so…
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Well if I know she’s following me I ain’t gonna chance her finding out
    DM:Not sure if he’s actually there though
    if he’s not there.. I’ll say Alyssa dropped thee balla t the time too, she fell asleep instead of watching.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Yeah I mean I can always wait until she falls asleep or whatever
    DM:Or she was so enraptured by a beautifuly butterfly her attention shook.
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    Alyssa Toress:nah i aint gonna follow
    i am too tired
    to do that
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:okay heh…Alyss acalls it a night early making it easy for Calim to sneak off.
    Okay… so next day.. if you’re okay with fast forwarding to Meerins next response
    Calim Gorn:Sure
    Meerin of the Hydra:“In the nature of peace he will hear you… he shall be waiting for you to arrive in Elwhenae and shall make contact with you shortly after you get there.”
    “There hould be an airship leaving for there in an hour.”
    Geralt:“Thank you for your trust and assistance.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Make sure he comes home safely… he may be considered an enemy to the empire by many, but he is still Hydra.”
    Calim Gorn:“We will do our best to ensure that he comes to no harm.”
    DM:Unless there’s more to discuss you hop the airship for Elwhenae…
    The trip goes by without incident… as you arrive at a much more basic tribal town, more akin to what you’re used to from Yt…. the airship doesn’t even have a dock to land so you’re forced to hover some time away and lower down via ladders or simply jump if you’ve got a means of flight/hovering.
  • Calim Gorn glides down with his Skystrike Cloak
    DM:It doesn’t take you too long before a younger man approaches you and leads you off into one of the nearby hill-caves… the place is rather well hidden with vegetation and you’d have no idea anyone lives in the cave if he didn’t show it to you.
    Assuming you want to go in there?
    Geralt:yes
    Calim Gorn:I’ll let Geralt take the lead
    DM:The cave is pretty dark though most of you can see pretty easily, the iniial bit seems natyural but as you get deeper inside… the place definiteyl shows signs of being shaped by druidic magic (well Geralt can see that, Calim not so much)
    Geralt:“Hello, I’m Geralt and this is my companion, Calim.”
  • Calim Gorn bows respectfully
    DM:You enter to find an older man, probably about 80-90 years old…. he’s seated on a rouglhy chair shaped rock…
    Geralt:“Greetings.”
    Laaza:“Greetings, I am Laaza. You must be the imbued that Meerin tells me about.”
    Geralt:“Thank you for seeing us.”
    “I am Geralt and this is Calim.”
    Calim Gorn:“Greetings, Laaza.”
    Laaza:“I have heard that you have come to me in the name of peace… I would not have believed it from any of the imperials… but Meerin tells me otherwise.”
    “He had the chance once to turn me in and have me executed, but he chose differently.”
    Geralt:“We are not your typical Imperial. As you can plainly see I am a Witcher.”
    Calim Gorn:“I simply wish to avoid any further conflict if it can be done.”
    Geralt:“We have come to you because we were told you can communicate with the Earth Demons.”
    Laaza:“Yes a hunter of monsters… a killer… and an imbued.”
    “Ha Demons! That what they’re teling you fools?”
    Geralt:"We have discovered some and wish to know their intentions and the reason for their appearance.’
    “It is the common name given to them by everyone, even our own people. No matter what they really are. They can be simple elementals for all I care.”
    Laaza:"The demons are the ones in the flying city of yours… "
    Calim Gorn:“I won’t argue that point.”
    Geralt:“I have not come to recieve a lecture. The fact that we are here before yo and did not just go on the warpath should show you our intentions.”
    ‘This sighting was not in Yt."
    Laaza:“Ah…. so the others have awakened?”
    Geralt:“We believe they may be provoked and want to avoid any undue conflict.”
    “Awakened, already there, pissed off…. this is what we want you to find out byspeaking with them.”
    Calim Gorn:"Yes… We still don’t know if they are from Tinigath or if they were beneath Balaras all along."
    Laaza:“Likely beneath Balaras all along… the Earth Spirits are everywhere.”
    Calim Gorn:“I see… All the more reason to avoid undue conflict.”
    Geralt:“Yes, by why have they come to the surface to reveal themselves? One account actually reported them taking a girl captive, but also caring for her and she was not hurt nor infected. Unfortunately a military group waged war on them and we do not want this to escalate.”
    Laaza:"The old stories, the kind your empire would have you forget, speak of a time when the Earth Spirits worked with the people. "
    “When disaster struck…. the people of Therin sought shelter within the earth.”
    “Such stories have been turned to blasphemy now by that accursed empire.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps with your help we can begin to make them see that the old stories are not the blasphemy they believe them to be.”
    Geralt:“The air and the earth do not mix, much like fore and water. This does not mean that they have to fight though.”
    Laaza:“I thionk those that know the truth seek to suppress it.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps so… I am curious to hear your version of things.”
    Geralt:“Supression of knowledge is often for the gain of those who suppress it.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“It’s certainly true that the Templar only care for those who worship their goddess.”
    “But I care not for the Templar or their goddess. I only want to keep the conflict that ravages over this land from spreading to another.”
    Laaza:“If you seek peace, I can attempt it, but know that I shall not aid in spreading lies of the empire.”
    Calim Gorn:“I would not ask such of you. We only wish to communicate with the earth spirits and find out what has roused them from the depths of Balaras, if that is truly where they come from.”
    “And if the reason for their awakening is the doing of one of our own then we will see it stopped.”
    Laaza:“Very well… I suppose I can make one last journey to Balaras before I die.”
    “Both of you enver forget… as much as you think that empire of yours has made you one with the air… in the end, all humans come to rest in the earth.”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Calim Gorn:“They say we are created from dust, and to dust we shall return.”
    DM:okay so he’ll go with you.. we can FF the trip a bit..
    He’s rather erluctant to get on the airship but eventually witth some convincing he does get on it…. though he clearly hates the thing.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Where did you want to take him in Ronen btw?
    Calim Gorn:Hm
    DM:Could go to Trisemmon (Adron’s City), or to Searlon or Ealia where the other earth demons were… or could try a new spot
    Calim Gorn:Oh yeah btw while we were at the main Hydra city I could have sent the communication out to request those seismic sensors and shit
    DM:okay where did you want to send em?
    Calim Gorn:I want them mainly around Trisemmon, trying to find any underground caverns or activity there
    DM:heh okay. keep in mind the seismic sensors mainly just detect vibrations or motions underground, tehy won’t detect open spaces necessarily.
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
    DM:It’s more like if someone is tunneling, mining, burrowing, etc.
    So sensors to Trisemmon and druid is going where?
    Geralt:our last sighting?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s what I was thinking
    It’s away from civilization and if anybody comes out to say hi it’ll hopefully take a while for Adron’s goons to show up
    DM:okay so going to that forest in Ealia where the last pit was?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    Geralt:yeppers
    DM:The current airship you’re on isn’t going there, but you could use your imperial authority to redirect it, of course dong so could draw attention or you could try to take the slower route of trying to take connecting flights.
    Course that’d probably cost you a half day or day depending…
    Calim Gorn:Will take the slower route, don’t want to draw any attention
    DM:The ship is goinbg to Norst… and you end up having to take the windrider (magitech train) to Ealia from theere. though at least you think you haven’t brought up much attetnion…
    Laaza speaks t you as you’re goiong to start heading into the forest.
    Laaza:“There is one request I have of you…. leave your weapons here in the city.”
    “If your intentions are truly peaceful then you shall not need them.”
  • Calim Gorn raises an eyebrow
    Calim Gorn:“What if the earth spirits’ intentions are not peaceful?”
    “Plus there is the fact that Meerin charged us with protecting your life, and that is difficult to do unarmed.”
    Geralt:“Also there are the others that came here to do battle with the Earth Spirits, If they are present they may wish to silence us.”
    Laaza:“Part of the old rites is putting my faith in the Earth Spriits, calling on the old pacts between man and the earth.”
    “If they wish me dead.. then so be it…”
    “I cannot guarantee your safety either, but it is the risk of peace.”
    “They already do not trust your kind, they can sense the air about you. You must give them reason to trust.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Calim Gorn:“Well, we’ve come this far I suppose.”
    I’ll rent a safe deposit box at a bank and leave my gun and sword in it
    Geralt:i’ll place my swords there too i guess, grudgingly
    Calim Gorn:Pause—>Menu—>Save
    DM:heh oaky.. yeah youcan leave it at an inn room or what not.
    or get a deposit box too
    So I’ll assume you guys stow your gear and proceed out there… it’s some distance so you have to rent a whilrwind wagon (or have a very long walk)
    Geralt:wil get a wagon
    DM:So you make it out into the forest…
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, wagon
    Let the old man complain if he wants
    DM:Returning to about where things happened before..
    Geralt:i do have my potions though
    just weapons left
    DM:Yeah I assumed you were leaving behind weapons only.
    Laaza:“Very well I shall begin one of the old rites.. and we will see if they answer.”
    DM:He grabs his old gnarled staff (though clearly an item of power Geralt thinks, despite its odl appearance)
    And he starts to chant in a language unfamiliar with all of you… it sdounds almost inhuman as he speaks…
    Calim Gorn:(Sounds like what we heard the Earth Demons speaking in?)
    DM:And he pounds his staff against the ground in some kind of rhythmn…
    It could be the same language.. you’re not sure, it’s tough to tell since his voice is a human tongue and their vocies were way different sounding.
    But he could be doing a human interpretation of thier odd language.
  • Calim Gorn waits nervously, glancing around and hoping nobody is watching
    DM:Geralt’s medallion starts to vibrate amongst the present of magic.
    *presence
    For about 15 minutes he does the awwkard looking chant… and pounds his staff.. sweat coming down from his face…. Then finallyyou feel a rumbling in the ground under you…
    Calim Gorn:“I assume that’s them…”
    DM:Emerging from the ground is a stone man with ruby-like eyes…
    A second one emerges behind him…
    Laaza kneels in front of them… speaking something in that strange language…
    Calim Gorn:(Same kind as what we fought before?)
    DM:Yeah they’re the same type
  • Calim Gorn observes, trying not to do anything that might provoke them
    DM:The stone beings seem to eye you..it’s hard to tell with the pupilless eyes though wheere they’re actually looking
    Though one speaks in the rumbling tone to him…
    And Laaza responds… you’re not quite sure how it’s going….the earth demons aren’t giving up any emotions.
    After some talking back and forth Laaza responds to you
    Laaza:“They’re using a dialect I’m not entirely familiar with. still I should be able to convey somethings to them.”
    Calim Gorn:(lol great)
    “What have they said to you so far?”
    Laaza:“They’re just trying to find out who I am… they’re not from Yindae, as they’re not familiar with druids.”
    Geralt:((It takes a very long time to say something in old nuumian… we have just finished saying hello.))
    Calim Gorn:“I see… Then they are from this continent after all.”
    DM:Speaks some more with the earth demons.
    Geralt:“So the stories are correct, but now why have they come to the surface?”
    to Calim
    Calim Gorn:“Hopefully we can find out…”
    Laaza:“They say that ‘one from the surface’ started this… came into their realm and took something…”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Laaza:“I’m not entirely sure what…”
    Calim Gorn:“Can you ask them to explain what was taken?”
    DM:He speaks a bit with them, they have a back and forth for a while…
    Laaza:“There are some difficulties communicating… But it is something very important.”
    Calim Gorn:“I wonder…”
    Laaza:“I believe they’re suggesting that one from the surface broke into their realm by digging, perhaps mining…”
    Calim Gorn:“The thing that was taken, it was originally beneath this continent?”
    DM:He exchanges a bit.
    Laaza:“Yes… they say it was within their land, which I assume to mean this continent.”
    Calim Gorn:(Can I say I have a map with me?)
    (Like of Ronen)
    Geralt:“Was it the girl?”
    DM:Yeah okay I’ll let you do that. it’s pretty reasonable.
  • Calim Gorn pulls out a map and unfolds it on the ground
    Calim Gorn:“We are here.”
  • Calim Gorn points to their current location
    Calim Gorn:“Where was the thing that was taken?”
    Laaza:“They know little of your maps….they are tools for beings of the surface.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I suppose that’s true… I apologize.”
    DM:Hye speaks a bit mrope with them…
    Laaza:“If I undersand correctly, the girl was an attempt to communicate… they wre trying to teach her their language.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, I see… They wanted an emissary to try to establish peaceful communication, so that they could seek out the thing that was taken from them?”
    Laaza:“They intended to deliver a warning to the surface… I believe..”
    Calim Gorn:“Ah, I see…”
    Laaza:“To cease taking whatever it is that’s being taken.”
    Geralt:“Do they know who took it?”
    DM:He speaks with them some.
    Laaza:“I believe what they’re saying translates roughly to ‘of the air’…. so an imbued likely… one of your empire.”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Calim Gorn:“The thing that was taken, is it a single unique object? Or is it something common like gold or jewels?”
    Laaza:“It is something very precious to them… what that mgiht be.. I do not know… they use a word roughly translating to ‘world’… though likely used in some form of metaphor…”
    “The proper name for it I do not recognize…”
    Calim Gorn:“Can they show us what it looks like? Perhaps shaping a bit of the dirt?”
    Laaza:“But it something tehy cherish…”
    DM:He speaks back to them.
    Laaza:“I think they said it has no form… they may be referring to a soul.”
    “Or perhaps their own life force.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    DM:He speaks to them some more…
    Laaza:“Tehy were sleeping and they were attacked suddenly…”
    Geralt:“Riddles and more riddles.”
    Calim Gorn:“Ellenya mentioned something about a golem powered by Nuumian… Maybe they’re referring to Adron using Nuumian magic to power his Magitech.”
    Geralt:“Sounds like the work of Adron’s men.”
    Laaza:“They say they do not wish for there to be… I believe it’s their name for fighting or war….”
  • Calim Gorn nods, “We also do not wish for such.”
    Laaza:“But if the surface dwellers do not stop…. death shall follow.”
    DM:He speaks a bit more to them…
    Calim Gorn:“Have their kind been coming to the surface in response to these incursions into their home? They are not being called forth by magic or some device being used by the surface dwellers?”
    Laaza:“We are not their enemy… death… from the sky…”
    DM:He starts to talk again… give me a perception cehck for Geralt.
    Calim Gorn:Hero Point it if you roll low lol
    Decent
    DM:don’t listen to him, he once hero pointed a sex check.
    :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Geralt’s enhanced hearing can hear the sounds of an airship closing with your position rapidly… it does seem to be slwoing down too… and its travelling pretty low to the ground to try to avoid detection…
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I was afraid of that
    DM:Youv’e got about a round or two before it get there,… it’s moving pretty fast.
    Calim Gorn:Heh damn
    Geralt:“We need to sto now Laaza. Tell them to go. We will contact them later.”
    Calim Gorn:“What is it? Is the response team coming?”
    Geralt:((Do we have any cover in the trees?"
    DM:Yeah there’s some cover, the forest is pretty good.. of course if they’ve got some kind of Aela sensing tech migth be hard to die from that.
    But there’s some good cover from mundane stuff.
    Seems o frantically try to get the message through….
    Do the rest of you want to try to take cover and hide?
    Geralt:If we can get Laaaza withus
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, will grab the old man and drag him towards cover, make diving motions at the Earth Demons or whatever
    DM:Well it’ll probably interrupt him telling them flee heh.
    Iff you just randomly grab him.
    Geralt:will so be it, they get the point
    Calim Gorn:lol hopefully they get the point
    Fly you fools! etc
    DM:heh oaky.. you grab him… I mean he hasn’t really got the chance to respond yet.. this is kinda a pertty isntant reaction.
    So they’d basically just see you say something to him and then grab him and poull him away.
    Calim Gorn:Hm
    Give him a round to respond to them then I guess
    DM:If you wanted him o get his full warning out to them in their tongue ti’ll be tough to grab him suddenyl while that’s happening
    Geralt:well we dive for cover, not really like running away with him
    DM:okay yeah you can take cover yourselves.
    Geralt:with him
    Calim Gorn:“Be quick, Laaza, you must hide. Tell them to flee into the earth.”
    Geralt:grab him, dive for cover, he can still talk from hiding
    DM:ah okay… yeah just saying it’ll interrupt him fro this round as you grab him and dive for cover.
    Calim Gorn:He can hopefully at least start walking for cover or whatever while talking to him
    to them*
    DM:So you’ll basically lose a round there. heh. you coudl start slwoing moving him towards cover as well. Well Geralt is gonna grab him outright and pull him
    Calim Gorn:Heh, need Alyssa to hide us with an illusion or something
    DM:The druids message gets interrupted as you run for cover…. Geralt grabbing the old druid and pulling him into the brush…
    Heh we could wait for Herlock sand stop here
    Getting kinda late anyway.
    Geralt:yeah, 100 already
    Calim Gorn:Geralt could spend a Hero Point for the Fortuitous Terrain thing and have the airship miss us on the initial pass? lol
    Geralt:you really wanting me to spend those HP huh
    DM:Well I’ll let him spend fortituous terrain and say there’s cover really close by.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, it’s what they’re there for
    Geralt:i thought there already was cover nearby
    DM:Well I meant like close enough you coudl just get the guy in without yangking him in there
    Calim Gorn:Just trying to buy us enough time to warn the damn Earth Demons
    It’s gonna be a giant dick move to summon them out here and then get them killed
    DM:I mean there’s cover you can get to in a move action mostly just the matter of getting the druid to cover and getting his message out heh.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh, spend the HP so we can cover and warn in the same round
    Geralt:fine, if it guarantees we have god cover and they miss us on the pass i’ll spend
    DM:well they won’t miss you but you’ll be able to get the message out.
    Mostly it just means you won’t have to interrpt the drui’d’s message
    Calim Gorn:That’s good enough heh
    DM:So you can get the earth demons warned and get him to some bushes
    Calim Gorn:Hopefully we can stealth well enough to stay hidden so long as the Earth Demons are gone
    They won’t be epecting us to be out here
    DM:heh okay. yoiu manage to get the three of you hidden and the earth demons hear the warning, sinking back into the earth, you think they udnerstood…
    And we’ll stop here for now I guess unless you wan tot finish this scene w/o Alyssa.
    Calim Gorn:Nah this is a good spot to stop
View
Session Log 18

Herlock:hi ladies
Geralt:who you calling LADY, what you think just because I’m a lady bug i’m a GIRL!?
Alyssa Toress:i never saw that movie
what movie is it
Geralt:Bug’s Life
Alyssa Toress:okay
i thnk i saw it once like when it came out
on tv
Start at level three, 20 Point Buy. Two Traits. (Rich Parents Not available) No third party books, unless brought up with me. No psionics, nor gunslingers (not my dealio) 4,000 GP + One magical item under 3,000 GP (Can be weapon, armor, or miscellaneous item like bag of holding)
Tabris:Sef says he’ll be here in a few minutes
Alyssa Toress:is 20 point buy a lot i forget
Tabris:20 point is kinda mediocre
32 point is the max
Geralt:no that is standard-high
Alyssa Toress:25 is max
Tabris:Anything less than 32 is garbage lol
Alyssa Toress:32 doesnt exist
Geralt:15 is standard, 20 is standard-high and 25 is high power
Tabris:Oh right, this is PF
Alyssa Toress:yeah
Tabris:Anything less than 25 is garbage then
Alyssa Toress:i think my elf is asian american
Geralt:i alwasy do 20
so guess i like playing with trash ;)
Alyssa Toress:his parents want him to get a good job and a good wife
Tabris:lol
Alyssa Toress:and they are so mad at him for only getting into brown
Geralt:what are you talkign about PF for anyway?
Calim Gorn:He joined a PF game
Because he wasn’t getting his fix
Geralt:lol
Alyssa Toress:8 str, 14 dex, 12 con, 20 int, 7 wis, 12 cha
its on sundays
okay
it doesnt conflict
Geralt:i just can’t believe after so long away from PF and all the alternate systems that i actually remember that crap
Calim Gorn:lol
DM:heh yeah you never forget d20 lol.
That shit is like burned into your brain
So many years of playing it
It’s just a question of which version of d20 you remember lol.
Alyssa Toress:man level 3 thats great
DM:Since I mix up PF/3.5/30 rules.
Alyssa Toress:2nd level spells
i can learn invis and cheese
Geralt:well probaly 3.5/PF the best
i thought cheese was automatic for every character??
Alyssa Toress:nah man it comes extra
Calim Gorn:Never enough cheese
Geralt:all my PF games invariably always had lots of cheese AND wine
:P
DM:heh.. yeah that’s just the way d20 tends to go.
Well I mean RA you kinda gotta expect it, since that game was like… designed to be a killer challenge dugneon
so people gonna bust out the best shit
Serpent’s skull wasn’t really super cheese, that was jut the basic shit really
Geralt:yeah
eventually I’ll have you guys go back to RA and take on Orcus, haha
Calim Gorn:Gonna need to bust out the Pun Pun trick for that
Geralt:the GM will start shooting his NERF gun at you though
lol
working on getting your NPCs on OP… really hope it worth my effort
DM:Well yeah putting NPC bios on OP kinda really depends on the adventure. Like if it’s one of those directed adventures that doesn’t really require any investigation or allow for any plot branches, then probably unneded heh. But if like it’s something where there’s clues we gotta spot then putting the NPCs on there could help a lot.
Big problem with the voice game is you can’t go over any of the logs.
So it’s super easy to miss a detail or something
Geralt:yeah, wish there was a way to transcribe, but no dice.. oh well i like voice and not going away
i can get A LOT more done
and don;t miss stuff as much
just have to excercise your noggins… what would you do at a table game?
Calim Gorn:Take notes lol
Sefiros:yo
Calim Gorn:Hey Sef
Alyssa Toress:hi sef
Geralt:well that what your token notes section for.. or grab a sheet of paper ;)
howdy ho
Alyssa Toress:no thats why i record the entire session and pay someone to transcribe it
manual turk
Calim Gorn:I’ve heard of this thing called paper, supposedly the first roleplayers would use it along with their stone dice and wooden drink cups
Alyssa Toress:di the romans have paper?
Geralt:lol, yeah but before that was stone tablets
Calim Gorn:I think they had like vellum or something
Geralt:that was a pain recording hits on
Alyssa Toress:is hachi still dead
Geralt:he never was dead
yo restored him
Alyssa Toress:i thought he was gonna play a new character or soemthing
DM:Well he was dead for like a minute or so before you ressed him. he was never permadead though.
Yeah he may be getting retired, but not yet anyway.
Alyssa Toress:is hachi still mentally retarded from having his skull crushed
DM:He just has a giant cone on his head for now.
Geralt:and not the dunce cap
DM:heh, well I am stil giving him a few issues from that. basically treated as a new complication that may arise from time to time. He’s not fully recovered yet. So he’s still impaired (-2 to all rolls) for this adventure.
Since it fucked him up pretty good. and he’s got headaches still from that.
Alyssa Toress:hes a football player now
got holes in his brain
hes gonna kill himself and donate his brain to science
try to get football banned
THE COUNCIL COVERED IT UP
make a movie starring will smith
Calim Gorn:lol
Sefiros:-2 to all rolls eh? cant nerf nat 20s….
Alyssa Toress:that sounds like a nat 18
Sefiros:yeah just make me use 2 d10s
thats your best hope :-p
DM:lol.
4d5?
Sefiros:what about 10d2?
i got 10 quarters laying around
DM:that’d probably be damn good lol.
You’d average a 15 with that and have a minimum of a 10
I’d defintiyl be cool with rolling 10d2 for attacks
Alyssa Toress:how about a 10d2 damage dice weapon in pf
DM:20d2 – 10 would be the ultimate bell curve though.
Calim Gorn:Heh, that’s still 10-30
DM:Wait actually it’d have to be -20
Yeah I did the math wrong.
It’s 20d2 – 20
that’d give you 0 – 20 with an extrme bell curve.
The chances of getting a natural 20 would be virtually impossible.
If I wanted to cut him a break, I’d give him 10 fate dice + 10. :P
Anyway… we’re all here so we acn get this started.
Everyone ready?
Sefiros:i reckon
Calim Gorn:I’m ready
Alyssa Toress:yes
i am ready
Calim Gorn:You send T your latest sheet Herlock?
Alyssa Toress:yes
i did
for once
i normally forget
DM:alright sounds good.
Geralt:i’m set
Sefiros:does the impaired status token thing work auto, or i gotta manually slap -2 on everything
well i guess id have to manually -2 on all skills rolls
DM:Alright so last we left off you were at Ellenya Toress’ company E-Tech going to talk to her about her experiences with Senator Adron Kortarian and anything she coudl tell you prior to attending his announceemt.
Alyssa Toress:“hello ellenya lovely to see you”
Geralt:Alyssa and Calim is best with this crap so Geralt letting her do her thing
Calim Gorn:Did we actually get in to see her? Her secretary was giving us the runaround last time
Alyssa Toress:but were related!
DM:Yeah that’s where we stopped.. heh.
Alyssa Toress:okay
so set the scene
theres a secretary
and i am trying to get in
okay
whats the secretaries name
DM:Her secretary was basically giving you the run around, Ellenya has a history of trying to dodge her family, esecially since it’s usually a lecture about how she should get married…
Alyssa Toress:??
DM:Lemme see… I dont’ think I gave her name before actually… since we stopped pretty shortly after she kinda gave you difficutly geting in
Alyssa Toress:okay
lets call her carlie
DM:lol well I can come up with a name.
Calim Gorn:Her personal assistant is Vivian, unless this is some low level employee
Alyssa Toress:“hey carlie look i know its your job to keep people out but i need to see her about important matters of state and personal revenge and i am sure she will be really excited about this and she will get to twist the knife”
DM:yeah this is a low level employee
this is jsut the front desk heh.
It’s not actually Vivian yet.
Alyssa Toress:“so please let me go see her”
Calim Gorn:“Please inform Ms. Toress that we’ve been tasked to visit an event hosted by Senator Adron Kortarian and that we are here to…. shall we say, gauge her interest?”
Secretary:“Well I can let you speak to her assistant Vice President Cadera if it’s important.”
Alyssa Toress:“thank you i would love to speak to her assisant”
DM:I mean you get the feeling this secretary is just some low paid employtee given blanket instructions to turn people away heh. she doesn’t really have the authority ot make huge decisions heh.
Secretary:“I’ll let her know you’re coming… one moment…”
DM:She speaks to a Di crystal avatar (that takes the form of a litle green fairy creature) and tells her to tell Ms. Cadera that you’re coming.
Secretary:“Alright you can proceed upstairs.. she’s on the 8th floor, take a left, and it’s the office at the end.”
Alyssa Toress:“great thank you for your help”

Calim Gorn nods, “Yes, thank you.” Alyssa Toress follows the arrows or whatever DM:You proceed up a magitech elevator (essentially pressurized air used to transport an elevator up and down) Alyssa Toress:why dont they just use cables like a real elevator forget it moving on Calim Gorn:lol DM:You walk into a nice looking office where you encoutner a blond woman who you recognize as Vivian Cadera, Ellenya’s vice president and the person who takes care of a lot of Ellenya’s affairs when she’s off doing “important work” Calim Gorn:Her last name is Cadaria actually, heh Alyssa Toress:“hi vivian nice to meet you i’m alyssa maybe you recognize the family resemblence?” Calim Gorn bows politely Alyssa Toress:“we need to speak to ellenya about fucking over lastar and adron perhaps you could accomidate that?” Calim Gorn:“Hm, I was told the Toress were usually the sublte ones.” Alyssa Toress:“always have more than one tool in your box” Vivian Cadaria nods. Vivian Cadaria:“Of course I recognize you princess Alyssa. Miss Ellenya is around but extremely busy though if you have useful information of that nature she may be interested.” Alyssa Toress:“we’ve been invited to a party with adron and i plan on ruining his life and that of his entire lineage and could use some help from ellenya” “we can disclose some private matters that are incredibly damning to her in person” Vivian Cadaria:“I see. I’ll let Miss Ellenya know you’re here.” Geralt:((hopefully it was ok to spill the beans cause too late now, so much for subtle)) Alyssa Toress:“thank you vivian” i didnt spill the beans Geralt:fuck up Adron, screw up his life, got dirt) DM:well Adron is competition for E-Tech so they’re not exactly on the best terms in that regard, though they are both in the Artificer’s guild. heh. Alyssa Toress:yeah but i didnt give any details Geralt:i mean hopefully this girl doesn’t talk, i care less about telling Ellyena since we need her anyway, carry on Calim Gorn:Vivian is well compensated and has signed multiple NDAs Geralt:that was all OOC DM:Vivian activates a short range communicator built into her desk… and sends up a short message for Ellenya… you can see a projection of Ellenya appears and replies. saying to send you up. Yeah Vivian is pretty trusted at least as far as you know. She’s been with Ellenya for a while. And Ellenya trusts her enough to give her quite a bit of power in the company. Alyssa Toress:okay so we go to meet her DM:You have to proceed back to the elevator where you access the 11th floor, a restricted area apparently as it takes a bit for a Dicrystal security system to verify your entry. Alyssa Toress:great my backup plan was to just teleport Calim Gorn:“Are all your cousins this reclusive?” Alyssa Toress:“no” DM:heh. well most of these places do have Aela disruptors to keep teleporters out, this is some sensetive shit that people m,ay want to steal. Alyssa Toress:my backup plan was to fly to the room and blow open a wall roof DM:Since she’s got some good tech, basically Ellenya is a lot like Tony Stark heh… she’s even got an ironman suit and is known for being able to miniaturize Charge crystals better than anyone else in the empire. So she can power larger devices without requiring crystals the size of a car battery and such like normal Shiadar armor does. Calim Gorn:All about that lattice packing DM:As usual a lot of her competitiors have been working to steal her shit.. in fact the big arguemnt she got in with Lastar was when she was kidnapped and held for ransom, he basically confiscated her armor, and then subsequently “lost it” So was basically beleived to be a scam for people to try to duplicate her designs.. as such she’s pretty protective of her shit in general. Well she wasn’t actually kidnapped she just got beaten in conflict with Lastar’s men, and as per Guild protocol they’re allowed to keep the prisoners for ransom in a conflict and such. So it was a “legal” conflict. A lot of the empire has rules like that to prevent imbued from getting killed. So intra-party fighting is more or less accepted so long as imbued don’t get killed, and there’s no gross disregard for human life. Anyway.. you mkae you way up to Ellenya’s main office… into the top level workshops.. which seem to be secured by metal walls and rather fortified against potetnial attacks. Calim Gorn:“Impressive facilities.” DM:Ellenya’s main office is oddly a bit less pleasant looking than Vivians, though has a lot more tech gadgets about, including one of her famous magitech armored suits there, different from a Shiadar, this is more a wearable armor like an iron man suit. Alyssa Toress:“hello ellenya lovely to see you” DM:Though it seems this place isn’t usedq uite as much for official meetings. Alyssa Toress:red hair? not a real toress Ellenya Toress:“Hello Alyssa. I heard you’ve got information for me about Lastar.” Alyssa Toress:“this is to remain between us okay” Sefiros:the seed is strong DM:There’s some rumors she may dye her hair. Calim Gorn:Strawberry blonde is still blonde Sefiros:or her father could be a ginger none of the starks looked like ned cept arya, they all had red hair like cat might be she takes after pops Alyssa Toress:“lastar is real pals with adron right? and adron has black ops squads using some method to lure earth demons to ronen” Ellenya Toress:“Yes. Yes. Well Adron and Lastar do have- wait… Earth Demons in Ronen?” Alyssa Toress:“yes rather unusual huh” “purposely lured there through some method” Ellenya Toress:“I assume you mean in western Yindae int he ronen controlled areas…” Alyssa Toress:“an imbued that is known to work for adron was at the scene with special ops commandos fighting them, and arrived before the earth demons did” “yes” “they were conducting some kind of experiment we couldnt find out the nature of” Calim Gorn:“No, near Saerlon and Ealia. The heart of Ronen.” DM:Ellenya’s assertion actually isn’t the case, Yindae is the continent with Yt on it and a part of Ronne on the west.. however… the Earth demons you found were on the main Ronen continent… the continent of Balaras. Alyssa Toress:oh sorry fuck i cant know your fucking maps DM:lol well yeah that’s why I pointed it out :P Alyssa Toress:thanks “no not in that part” DM:Since your characters would know that, but I’m aware a lot of the players themselves may not. Alyssa Toress:“the heart of ronen like my husband said” DM:It’s just waht Ellenya would assume Calim Gorn:“We believe we’ve identified the leader of the black ops unit responsible, but we have no hard evidence at the moment.” Ellenya Toress:“Beneath Balaras? That’s impossible… there haven’t ever been any Earth Demon sightings here.” Calim Gorn:“There have now.” Ellenya Toress:“Are you absolutely certain it was Earth demons?” Calim Gorn nods Alyssa Toress:“we saw them, we fought them, and they nearly killed one of band mates” “we also spoke to a suvivor of an attack at a different site” “multiple sites” Ellenya Toress:(one sec brb) Calim Gorn:“We suspect Adron is the one funding this group, but right now we have nothing to link him to them. However, we plan to attend the ceremony he’s about to hold, we might be able to dig something up there.” Alyssa Toress:“the heart of aylayne gave us the name of a possible imbued, we think its the one we saw at the site, and he is known to work for adron” well an imbued we think is him not that he was possibly imbued Ellenya Toress:(back) “And you think Adron is deliberately luring them to Ronen, through some underground passage? Do you have an yidea how?” Alyssa Toress:“no we were sent to investigate the first site but the spec ops team demolished it long before we ever arrived from ayalayne … then when we detected a second attack we went there as quickly as possible and engaged in combat with the earth demons” Calim Gorn:“The soldiers in the black ops unit were overheard saying something about an experiment, that’s all we know.” Alyssa Toress:“their team was already on the scene and preparing to demolish that site too” “we had to pull back before we could investigate further one of our team members was dying” Calim Gorn:“We’ve heard that Adron’s technology was sending out Nuumian enforcing signals at Vigilance, it’s possible they’re using something similar to draw the Earth Demons forth.” Ellenya Toress:“Adron knows the most about earth demons and Nuumian in general than anyone in Ronen… I’ve suspected he’s behind some covert research and who knows what else.” Alyssa Toress:“and with adrons connections to lastar and and with lastar stealing your tech and selling it to daelan this could be very bad” Ellenya Toress:“Lastar is selling my tech to Daelan?!” Alyssa Toress:“thats what is rumored” (i dont remember where i heard that i think tab told me out of game) so i dont know if thats actually true DM:Yeah there’s no evidence of that. lol if they could prove that, that’d be groudns for treason. Alyssa Toress:but i could lie right Calim Gorn:lol Yeah the problem with all this shit is we have no proof of any of it Alyssa Toress:“so yeah we have been invited to some big party at adron futuristics to unveil something new” “and could use any help you can offer to try to nail these guys” Ellenya Toress nods. Ellenya Toress:“Yes he’s going to unviel all his new technology for the war… he’s going to make a huge profit off that now that war was declared.” Ellenya Toress seems almost a bit jealous… Ellenya Toress:“I’ve suspected there’s some conenction between Lastar and Adron, but I’ve never been able to prove it.” Calim Gorn:“It’s strange that he’s bringing forth Earth Demons here in Ronen when he already has a war in Yt to profit from, unless he’s looking for a more ingrained customer base.” “Yt still hasn’t embraced Magitech very heavily, whereas Ronen has.” Ellenya Toress nods. Ellenya Toress:“There woudln’t be any advantage to it. in fact I suspect they might first try to attack Adron’s headquarters….” Sefiros:war is a racket as they say Ellenya Toress:“Earth demons don’t like magitech… and Adron’s home city of Trisemmon is the most advanced in terms of magitech.. it’s closest to Aylanae.” “Unless Adron has some way to control them… or…. he’s working with them…” Calim Gorn:“Perhaps he’s trying to perfect his anti-Earth Demon technolgy for the inevitable attack that he knows is coming.” Alyssa Toress:“if hes just making anti earth demon technology and needed to test it… it wouldnt be a mark against him” “if thats all we find it wont nail him in front of the council” “even if he did lure them to ronen” Ellenya Toress:“He could test that in Yindae.. he wouldn’t have to draw Earth demons here.” Calim Gorn:“Hm…” “There’s got to be something we’re missing…” Alyssa Toress:“maybe he claims it can repel them but can actually do more?” “it repels… or controls them?” “or maybe he isn’t actually up to anything bad” Calim Gorn:“I wonder if any of it has to do with that event in Ssithiyen that no one wants to tell us about.” Ellenya Toress:“Yeah.. then there’s that… Adron was after something special there… but then Lastar’s men took it from him.” “Still couldn’t figure out who hired Lastar to steal that… but it was someone with a lot of money. Either that or it was Lastar’s ambitions… working on his own.” Alyssa Toress:“adron may be a stooge in all this” “he might be working for common good and being used by lastar” Ellenya Toress:“I doubt that.. I think they’re both dirty, but maybe in different ways.” Alyssa Toress:“we dont have enough information” “you may be right but i doubt he wants to see his home destroyed by earth demons” “maybe he is just hopign to profit?” Ellenya Toress:“Yeah… he definiteyl doesn’t want to see his own company get destroyed… then again, he does have some kind of underwater facilities too…” Alyssa Toress:“we need to find out more about his relationship with lastar and see if we can play him against lastar” “drive a wedge between them” Ellenya Toress:“Suppsoedly Lastar and Adron aren’t on good terms save for business dealings.. Lastar is fighting a war and Adron has the latest anti-earth demon hardware.” Alyssa Toress:“he might be willing to cooperate somewhat” Ellenya Toress:“But Lastar’s men did steal from Adron…. the Ssithiyen artifact…” Alyssa Toress:“right” Ellenya Toress:“Though still Adron seems not to show any overt hositlity… of course that’s a lot of business to turn down if he refuses to deal with lastar.” Calim Gorn:“What was that artifact exactly?” Ellenya Toress:“Well I never got a great look at it… Nobody did as far as I know.. it was a glowing sphere that entered one of the Imbued who touched it…” Alyssa Toress:“which?” Ellenya Toress:“Or at least we think he touched itt… it could have just passed through the walls of our base, though there wasn’t an obvious traces of that.” “Taesian Stormblood… he won’t be saying anything about it.” Calim Gorn:“Tch…” DM:Taesian was the guy Sef executed in the council chamberr. Alyssa Toress:“he had a big fight in front of the council before he was killed” Ellenya Toress:“Yeah, suspicious that one of Adron’s employees offed the one guy who interacted with the sphere.” Alyssa Toress:“taesian and sefiros were fighting over arielle apparently?” Ellenya Toress:“Or it was just staged…” “Sefiros seemed to dirctly provoke Taesian from what I heard.” “So it could have been orders from Adron.” Alyssa Toress:“i doubt he would subject himself to mind death on orders” Ellenya Toress:“Though he’d have to know it’d mean mind death.. so its possible he did it because Adron threatened someone he cared about possibly?” Alyssa Toress:this is part of the timeline that doesnt make sense Ellenya Toress:"There was only one person Sefiros cared about.. .a girl called Kayo in Saerlon. " Alyssa Toress:“sounds like we need to track down this kayo” Calim Gorn:“Perhaps so… But if she’s just a girl then I don’t know how much she’ll know…” Ellenya Toress:“Well she moved with him to Trisemmon, and she’s under Adron’s care too… as part of Sef’s employment there.” Alyssa Toress:“we need to follow the leads we have calim” Ellenya Toress:“I doubt she knows anything personally, she’s just a girl, well a product of the same expirement that created Sefiros.” Alyssa Toress:whats trisemmon? DM:Trisemmon is the city where Adron’s HQ is Alyssa Toress:okay DM:it’s where your’e going next to attend his gathering Alyssa Toress:ok DM:It’s the most advanced magitech city short of Aylanae as well Alyssa Toress:ok “so really we have little to go on and need to hope to get lucky and flip adron” Ellenya Toress:“Well since you’re going to be there.. maybe you can try to learn something about his new magitech armor and his airship design he’s likely going to be unvieling…” “It’s been rumored in some circles they might employ Nuumian components…” Alyssa Toress:“i doubt we could break into the labs or his private quarters” “none of us are the stealthy type” Calim Gorn:“Nuumian components?” Ellenya Toress:“And hopefully Adron will show it off.” “That’s just a rumor, but the stuff is top secret, and Adron’s research is kept in a sealed section that nobody is allowed in… I ddi encounter something though that makes me suspect…” “There was a secret facility Adron had in Yindae, where I think he was conducting research on Nuumian or earth demons.” “I went there with Sefiros, who had a msision tehre, not sure what his mission was since I got attacked by some kind of golem in a swamp… the thing exploded and it gave me a case of Earth rot..” “I never got a good look at the thing… but I had a number of theories…” Calim Gorn:“A Nuumian powered golem?” Ellenya Toress:“Well it looked like a golem, we never got the chance to check it out, it exploded.” “It could have just been an earth demon variant we never encountered before… or it might have been the earth demons trying to replicate our magitech. The place as far as I know was under some attack by earth demons from what I heard.” “So it may not have been Adrons creation…” Calim Gorn:“Yeah, I don’t understand the purpose of Nuumian based components in Magitech meant for use by Imbued… Since they would be toxic.” Alyssa Toress:“maybe they arent meant for use by imbued” Ellenya Toress:“He could have a plan to arm the Fallen and teh Earth demons…” Calim Gorn:“That would be insane, why would he do that/” ?* Ellenya Toress:“Well Tinigath, like Yt is rich in gold… and Earth demons are better miners than anything we have.” “Some even believe they acn transmute gold… a near infinite supply of wealth.” Alyssa Toress:“let me tell you about fiat currency my friend” Calim Gorn:lol “That’s still an insane plan… The risks are enormous.” Ellenya Toress:“Adron is a risk taker… I’ll tell you that much.” “He’s not one to play it safe, and he’s highly ambitious.” Alyssa Toress:“wouldnt introducing tons of new gold just devalue the existing supply and cause hyperinflation and ruin the global economy” Calim Gorn:“He just has to sit on it, his personal reserves.” Ellenya Toress:“He’sg ot his calws in everything.. Rapidly grew his company to becomea partner with the Artificer’s guild… and he’s a senator.” Calim Gorn:“So if there’s any truth to any of this, how do we prove it?” Ellenya Toress:“Adron is smart, if he did have ways of producing gold… I’m sure he wouldn’t do it foolishly or play his hand.” “That’s what I’ve been working on.. well that and a few other projects…” Alyssa Toress:“right now we are long on theory and short on facts” Ellenya Toress:“Actually one pressing project that drew mea way from Lastar and Adron for a while.” Calim Gorn:“Oh?” Ellenya Toress:“Don’t you worry about my other projects…” (it seems Ellenya isn’t going to spill any beans on that stuff) “If earth demons are in Ronen… you should let the senate know, we can start getting sensors up and maybe see how many…” Alyssa Toress:“the council knows” Ellenya Toress:“You need to go before the senate and inform them of what’s going on, they can call in a specail investigator.. and maybe he’ll take down Adron and Lastar…” Calim Gorn:“Well, thing is, if this becomes widespread knowledge then there may be a general panic, and then the Senate would pull Lastar’s forces back out of Yt and Yt would be overrun.” Alyssa Toress:“its politics at play” DM:Actually the conuncil doesn’t know yet… just the templar heh. They haven’t told the council cause of the mass panic it’d cause. Alyssa Toress:okay DM:Remember they were worried that Ronen woudl pull their support fo the war and retreat to a defensive position Alyssa Toress:right okay DM:and losing Lastar and his Guild of Swords would be huge, they’re the largest standing army right now. Calim Gorn:“Of course maybe that’s just what Adron wants…” “Give his allies in Tinigath the rest of Yt’s lands and in return he gets their business.” Ellenya Toress:“Enter the emprie into a war they can’t win… yeah.” Alyssa Toress:“i think all we can do is go to the party and meet with the man” Calim Gorn nods… Ellenya Toress:“But we can’t just lie to Ronen, besides I live in Ronen!” Calim Gorn:“It all comes back to lack of proof.” Ellenya Toress:“There could be earth demons right below this building right now, ready to cave it in…” Alyssa Toress:“we have no evidence of anything ellenya” Ellenya Toress:“Well apparently you do have evidence of actual Earth Demons… here in Ronen…. not far from the city of Daosa.. right under us…” “At the very least they can get an investigation and sensors set up.” Alyssa Toress:“let us meet with adron first” Calim Gorn:“If we move too hastily then Adron wins. We need to start taking a risk or two of our own to counter him.” Ellenya Toress:"Alrigtht but if you don’t have anything concrete by then… " “We need to tell the senate and get Ronen rpotected…” “Send me a communcation after you finish with Adron.” Calim Gorn nods Alyssa Toress:“okay” DM:okay if you don’t have anything furtther to ask/say I’ll fast forward. Alyssa Toress:ok Calim Gorn:Yeah I’m good Geralt:god here good DM:You all board an airship and head for Trisemmon, home of Adron Futuristics… as the city comes into view… you see it’s obviously a special place… you can seea great metal tower coming fromt he center of it, reminiscitent partly of Aylanae’s towers… The city itself has numerous lights even from the sky… the most brightly lit city youv’e seen, even brighter than Aylanae at night… Though granted Aylanae probably could be brighter, but there aren’t many people living in it full tie. The airship pulls right up to an airship dock at the top of the tower… You can see numerous other airships are docked there, the massive tower is itself a bustling center… with the Adron Futuristics logo lit up by magitech lighting, flashing with sparks of electricity… Geralt is taken aback by the sight of all the tech DM:Give me a technology roll, expertise politics or experitse business roll. Also exp ronen works Calim Gorn:Crap rolls as usual Don’t guess Sef or G have any of the skills lol DM:heh… Calim can spot a single special airship present that has the Adron futuristics logo on… It seems to be a prototype warship of some kind… you’ve heard of this thing before, it’s called the Infallible… .and is apparently Adron’s personal warship using his latest tech. You don’t know too mcuh about it, but it’s supposed to be a cutting edge warship and a prototype for what’s to be released at this conference. It does have its own docking platform and apparently secure from prying eyes getting too close to it. Calim Gorn:“Ah, that must be the Infallible. Adron’s personal ship.” Calim Gorn points it out to the others Geralt:“Well it certainly looks intimidating.” DM:You’re also met by a single woman in her 30s with long brown hair… She’s wearing a formal suit Woman:“Greetings I am Galatita… a representative of Adron Futuristics here to greet the princess and her husband.” Alyssa Toress:“i’m alyssa and this is my plus one calim” Calim Gorn smirks Calim Gorn:“Yes, a pleasure to meet you.” Galatita:“And welcome to Atama Hachikomaru as well and Geralt of the Hydra clan.” DM:She’s able to pronounce Hachi’s name pretty well which suggests she proably studied on you guys… or perhaps merely knows something of Makoro Geralt:“Glad to be here.” Alyssa Toress:does hachi have his formal cone on Calim Gorn:lol Galatita:“I’m here to tend to your needs should you have any during the conference.” DM:Yeah it’s a ceremonial cone once worn by his father. Geralt:((I can think of one need Geralt has….) Calim Gorn:(That’s what Viniira is for) Galatita:“Any questions you may have… you can direct to me… I’ll show you around the place. I know for some of you this is your first visit to Adron Tower.” Alyssa Toress:“oh i’m sure you will be very helpful” Calim Gorn:“Yes, I”d love a tour if one could be arranged." Geralt:((lol, yeah, but the real Geralt doesn’t let those things stop him)) DM:She starts to lead you into the main plaza area of the landing platform atop the tower, this thing was quite a feat of engineernig…. at the center of the plaza as well there’s a large metal statue of Adron himself. Geralt:“Hmm, self-important.”, Geralt mutters to himself Sefiros:we’re gonna find him dead at his desk with a nodachi sticking out of his back… Calim Gorn:lol Galatita:“Of course, as you can see there’s a plaza here which has restaraunts and shops, it’s a rest stop for travelers. The airship dock itself is modelled after Aylanae’s own docks with some of Senator Kortarian’s own improvements.” Geralt:“I thought it looked familiar.” DM:“Obviously instead of the golem workers we employ actual citizens for the most part.” “Obviously instead of the golem workers we employ actual citizens for the most part.” Galatita:“Obviously instead of the golem workers we employ actual citizens for the most part.” (thre we go) Alyssa Toress:afk a sec DM:As you’re walking about Alyssa does spot some familiar faces as well… Tehre looks to be a delegation from the guild of swords… and likely Lastar himsefl.. though you haven’t seen lastar yet. Calim Gorn:“Are there any areas that are off limits? Such a grand technological marvel, I’d like to see as much as possible.” DM:There’s also music playing.. probably the result of some kind of technological audio device. Galatita:“Well there are of course areas that contain proprietary technologies and research sections that are off-limits.” “Though I’m sure Senator Kortarian will show off his best new technologies here for you at his announcement whcih should be commencing in about 40 minutes.” Calim Gorn nods Galatita:“I’m sure you’re especialyl eager to see all the anti-Earth demon countermeasures on display.” Alyssa Toress:“is there any way to speak to adron?” “i would like to pay my compliments in person” Galatita:“Well of course, I’m sure he can spare some time if you’d like to speak to him now.” Alyssa Toress:“oh no i am sure he is busy right now, after the ceremony for sure” Galatita:“For the princess such accomodations could be made, though he would ask that the meeting be kept short since his unveiling of the latest technology will be coming soon.” Galatita nods. Galatita:“Yes I’m sure Senator Kortarian would love to speak to all of you.” DM:So you want to go on a tour of the areas of the tower you can see? or you justt gonna chill up here and try to mingle with some other imbued? Calim Gorn:Staying up here and mingling works, I was mostly just interested in what ares are restricted so we can point Alyssa’s scrying magic at them later I’ll be looking for Angelus in particular DM:Yeah you could wander around trying to have Hachi sniff him out. Calim Gorn whispers to Hachi, “Anyone here smell familiar to you?” DM:I’ll give hachi a perception check if he’s gonna be sniffing about. There’s lots of scents around Adron tower… plenty of people come and go through this area… but… Hachi does catch whiffs of his scent in areas… it’s hard to track though given the elevators, since you can trace it to an elevator… it also seems he’s been near the platform going towards the Infallible too… So he’s probably around.. though not currently up on the top section… Calim Gorn:(Heh, same smell as the guy we encountered in the cave?) DM:Yeah he recognizes it as that guy. TThat’s largely what I mean by Angelus scent. He’s not sure if it’s him but you’re assuming Calim Gorn:Heh okay DM:He doesn’t actually know what Angelus smells like. Calim Gorn:Well even if it’s not him it’s that guy and he’s been in Adron’s tower DM:But I’m just saying that’s the scent he’s looking for since it’s the one your’e assuming is him. Calim Gorn:So that’s the strongest evidence we have so far that Adron is linked to it DM:Yeah though I mean keep in mind this area is basically an airport… so… I eman airships come and go. So it’s possibel maybe he just visted.. but yeah he’s def been here. Geralt:((This is not the scent you are smelling for….)) Calim Gorn:lol DM:You could try taking the elevator and trying to figure out what floor he’s on… but that’d be kinda difficutly since you’d have to check floor by floor Galatita:“I can take you down to the main exhitbition hall. if you’d like. Though right now they’re still getting everything set up.” Calim Gorn:“A bit of a behind the scenes preview? That might be nice.” Sefiros:“He’s been through here before.” Calim Gorn:(to Alyssa) “What do you think, dear?” Hachikomaru:“But he isn’t around now, he might be, or it may just be a lingering smell.” “Hard to say.” Geralt:((AFK a minute while i get fire going.. getting a bit cool)) Calim Gorn nods to Hachi DM:The magitech armros used for security here btw are the conventional kinds, you don’tsee any sign of Adron’s custom armor that Ellenya mentioned Alyssa Toress:sorry was afk a sec Galatita nods. Alyssa Toress:“sure lets go” Galatita:“Well I’m not supposed to spoil the surprise but you cans ee the basic demonstration area for our current techs, I’m sure some of you may find it quite informative.” DM:She brings you down to the exhibition floor, a multi-roomed area showing various displays of Adron Futuristics tech… tehre’s s ection detailing the city of Trisemmon itself… as well as Adron weapons tech, and their existing sensing technology.. Calim Gorn:(Are there any sections of the Trisemmon display missing? If we find them and put them back will it unlock secret doors? =P) DM:Well you can give me an investigation check… :P Calim Gorn:lol Nope Alyssa Toress:wait hold on DM:heh well only Calim was looking.you wouldn’t even know waht he was looking for. Alyssa Toress:damn i’ll never completely my 1:335 midgar model Calim Gorn:I was just making an FFVII joke anyway =P DM:lol yeah. Alyssa Toress:i know :( DM:The area has another statue of Adron himself as welll in the area where it talskabout the history of the company. Calim Gorn glances over the company history and the other informational displays, taking in what information he can DM:Apparently it was originally called Saerlon Solutions, a small company that was owned by Adron’s father. .afte Adron took over, he moved the company from Saerlon to Trisemmon and renamed the company to Adron Futuristics. Not long after that the project to build up Trisemmon into a city of the future began.. complete with a subway-style transit system called the Underpath. It’ Apaprently all designs that Adron came up wtih…or at least claims he did. Anyone with experritse business or eexpertise ronen can also make a roll. I’ll let Alyssa make an untrained int check on this as well can use 1d20+ intx2 Geralt:(back, done hobbling around)) DM:Alyssa knows that Trismemon is originalyl Farmer’s guild controlled, so Adron must have made some deal with them to do what he did with the city… in fact she did hear some hints that he was buddies with some of the upper echelon of the Farmer’s guild as well. Trisemmon, also includes multipe bridges made of metal going over the river… as well as paved roads, replacing the common cobblestone… it also has the largest number of whirlwind wagons on its roads. Galatita even jokes about people thinking of renaming the city Adron City. Anyway, the demonstration takes up some of your time basically and its getting close to the unveiling.. where everyone is gathering in the main exhibition hall, where they’ve prepared various exhibits, sealed behind heavy metal doors for surprise factor. Adrons new technology, and of course the center of the room has yet another statue of Adron. You can see many important people from the empire gathered here, including President Honorius Lastar, as well as representatives from the Farmer’s guild and Shipwrights guild, and people from House Zanyz and Garaz. Makoro didn’t really bother to come other than Hachi, as it seems they’re more dedicated to fighting things the old way. Calim Gorn:And Yt is busy actually fighting DM:You can also spot the pale form of Mina (sef’s new character) attentding the event as well. Well Geralt is the rep from Yt basically Hydra is the only one that cares much about magitech. Calim Gorn:Do we know who Mina is? lol DM:Alyssa would probably… She’s not important for this bit yet anyway :P So we can ignore her for now. Calim Gorn:lol DM:You could go up to Lastar to talk to him if you’d like.. or one of the other reps or just wait for the actual display. Hachikomaru:she’s come to purchase the new blood dehydrator just add water! the vampires in D had powdered blood i remember Calim Gorn:lol yeah Alyssa Toress:i’ll wait DM:Adron is a bit late for the party.. but about 5 minutes late or so… there’s a burst of sparks and electricity from preplaced devices through one of the doors as a burst of fog comes out of it… as you see Adron making an outrageous entrance, his hand raised to the crowd. Alyssa Toress:hes the bad guy from some anime Calim Gorn:lol yeah looks like it He’s also apparently a professional wrestler with that kind of entrance Senator Adron Kortarian:“Greetings everyone! And welcome to Adron Tower.” “I’m glad to be here wiht you all and I know whatt youv’e come for…” “We have entered into the great war… the most epic test of our great empire.” “For some of you, your very homes are in danger to a threat unlike any we’ve ever faced.” “No longer do we fight humans.. we fight demons of stone and metal.” “But we wil not send our precious soldiers into the field wtihout the best…” “For many, Adron Futuristics is already the most trusted name in weaponry… for others… this is your first. time.” “Lets get to it… first unvieling!” DM:He points towards one of the metallic walls as it lifts to reveal three men standing in some kind of new personal armor… it looks like it has a sealed breathmask on it… Senator Adron Kortarian:“The new Adron Futuristics battle armor! With completely saeled breathing and anti-nuumian plating, it will enable soldiers to be free of the risk of Earth rot.” “The tools of the solider of the future, and fully manueverable… We’vbe had issues with the earth demons using clouds of Nuumian-laden udst, but that is now a thing of the past!” Calim Gorn:(Until a blightsteel spear pierces it lol) Senator Adron Kortarian:“A must have in this war!” “But that is not all!” Senator Adron Kortarian unveils the next barrier Alyssa Toress:why dont they just invest aerial bombs invent they already have airships and i dont think earth demons can fly Calim Gorn:Earth Demons are underground, they need bunker busters Alyssa Toress:its doable DM:He unviels a spherical device. It’s about 3 feet in diameter. Alyssa Toress:its a nuclear bomb he sets it off Senator Adron Kortarian:“This is a deployable sensor device that can be dropped from an airship to take siesmic readings.” “No longer will you have to drop soldiers into possibly enemy territory without seeing if there are threats lurking below.” “Scan areas and retrieve this probe without every coming close to the ghround.” Calim Gorn:(So it’s a probe droid) DM:He points towards the sph4ere which hovers in the air and flies around Alyssa Toress:its usgss sensor also does tsunamis Senator Adron Kortarian:(onme sec hold on) Alyssa Toress:now the earth demons attack the party and i have to find a way to avoid combat Senator Adron Kortarian:(back) DM:He moves to the next display… Senator Adron Kortarian:“For quite a long time.. the druids of Yt have relied on professional monster hunters called Witchers to protect them.. in fact we have one such Witcher with us from the Hydra clan.” Calim Gorn:lol uh oh Senator Adron Kortarian:“They used silver swords specially enchanted to fight Earth demons… ancient weapons with a long tradition… but i think Adron futuristics can do better.” Geralt:((i feel like we are gearing up for a Starship Troopers battle)) DM:heh yeah, well it is wartime :P Geralt:((I mean where they hype up all the shit and then drop you into the slaughter box)) DM:He opens the next display… and inside you can see a variety of melee weapons.. one in particular catches your eye.. it’s the spear the man in black was using that Hachi sniffed out… Calim Gorn:“Hm…” Geralt:“That looks familiar.”, Geralt whispers Calim Gorn nods… Alyssa Toress:intersex showers in starship troopers DM:There’s also several stone statue like dummies,. you presume of earth demons… Senator Adron Kortarian:“The latest in close combat weaponry… a dense penetrating spike at the top designed to punch througgh the thickest earth demon armor… and…” Senator Adron Kortarian motions towards one of his display assistants.. who you recognize to be Angelus Osoloran from the pictures of him… Sef can also confirm it’s the same scent. DM:He proceeds to take the spear and stab it into the earth demon body… releasing a rush of the Aela gas that you saw during the toher fight.. Calim Gorn:(Do the movements look the same as the masked guy?) Senator Adron Kortarian:“An Aela gas discharge…. a posion to their Nuumian-based structure.” DM:Hmm.. do you have that advantage that lets you assess people? Calim Gorn:Heh no I have Military Expertise, that’s about it DM:If not I’ll just callfor a basic awarenessx2 check. oh I’ll let use military expertise Senator Adron Kortarian:“They aren’t the only ones with poisons..” “And of course…” Senator Adron Kortarian presses a button on the wall opening a display of rifles… whcih Adron picks up. Senator Adron Kortarian:“I haven’t left out the soldiers who prefer long range weapnos…” Geralt:nat 20 DM:He fires what seems to be a mopdified spiker rifle at another dummy penetrating it with armor peircing spikes. Yeah his style seems very similar. I mean it’s tough to be perfectly sure since he’s attacking a dummy, but the thrust is similar. Calim Gorn:(But Hachi can confirm the smell is the same) Senator Adron Kortarian:“An improved versionof the spiker rifle, specifically designed to penetrate earth demons hides…” DM:Yeah Hachi can Geralt:“I think that may be our dude. See how he weilds that spear the same.” Calim Gorn nods Calim Gorn:“What do you think, Hachikomaru?” DM:He goes on to demonsrtate a few other technolgoies, including the medcial room of the future and some of ther support… finally ending in his final display…. Senator Adron Kortarian:“And for my final display… I’ll need you to clear away from floor there… yes make room…” DM:His assistants clear away the center of the room where there seems to be some kind of openable floor.. Alyssa Toress:its the robot from robo cop Calim Gorn:lol YOU HAVE FIFTEEN SECONDS TO COMPLY Alyssa Toress:i mean to be fair i think the thing could take an earth demon Geralt:lol Hachikomaru:lol Geralt:so my next character can be Aela Cop DM:The pit starts to open emitting a bluish glow… and revealing a collection of various crudely made blades and axes…. as well as some stony remains.. arnms and body parts… Geralt recognizes it immediately… earth demon remains and blightsteel… enough to significantly expose most of the people in this room to Nuumian poisoning… Hachikomaru nods in the affirmative. Calim Gorn:“What the…” DM:Some in the room also gasp in surprise at least those who recognize what you’re looking at… Geralt:“Holy crap. That is quite a collection of Nuumian.” Assuming my amulet is buzzing too DM:Yeah heh. Calim Gorn:lol ain’t it illegal to possess this stuff? Alyssa Toress:yeah this is my private collection of enriched uranium DM:Well not technically mostly just nobody wants it cause it earth rots you. lol. I mean it is a public health hazard. It’s like toxic waste basically. Alyssa Toress:it should probably be illegal Calim Gorn:(Yeah but like planting it on the tribes is the top blackmail method) DM:It’d be illegal to expose people to it liek this generally lol. Hachikomaru:next character is the Nuumian Avenger Alyssa Toress:my next character is batman not imbued at all just really rich Senator Adron Kortarian:“Congratulations… most of the mundanes in this room will be dead or extremeyl sick sortly…” DM:Ther’es some gasps among the room. Hachikomaru:guess you didnt get the Toxic Avenger reference Senator Adron Kortarian:“Or rather you would be if you weren’t protected by my latest barrier technology.” Alyssa Toress:nope this guy is a real hit at parties Calim Gorn:“Tch…” Calim Gorn glances around, looking for the barrier generator Senator Adron Kortarian:“This pit has in place my latest anti-nuumian barrier… seee around the edges.. there…” Alyssa Toress:now watch me turn it off DM:He points around the pits edges where you can see some kind of device… though it’s hard to tell its emitting anything, at least without an Aela senmse. Calim Gorn:Or watch somebody destroy it as an assassination attempt Geralt:or someone sabotae it Alyssa Toress:that person was sefiros Senator Adron Kortarian:“It can protect entire companies from even Nuumian based blasts, and at full power can even repel earth demons themselves.” Alyssa Toress:nodachi thru the back of its circuits Senator Adron Kortarian:“Acting as a solid barrier for anything Nuumian based.” Calim Gorn:“Crazy bastard. If anything happens to that thing then everyone in this room is dead.” Senator Adron Kortarian smirks. Geralt:“So this is that thing they used in the tunnel.” Senator Adron Kortarian:“I hope you weren’t too alarmed by my little display here.” Calim Gorn:(Heh yeah does it remind us of the barrier generator they used in the tunnel?) Senator Adron Kortarian:“It’s also rather useful to help those contaminatied by Earth Rot… it won’t reverse the effects but it will purge some of the latent Nuumian.” DM:Yeah it very well could be heh. I mean you’re not sure what thee actual emmitter looks liek cause it’s built inot thefloor but.. it very well coudl be. it sounds like it. Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well I suppose you came here to relax and have fun.” Senator Adron Kortarian waves his hand as the pit starts to close again. Senator Adron Kortarian:“But I certainly wouldn’t purchase any technology that the inventor wasn’t willing to trust with his own life… would you?” “Now I’ll have assistants on hand to take orders for my new products.. remember that these are cutting edge and we can only produce so much… so I advise youi place your orders quickly.” Calim Gorn:“Hold on, that’s not everything is it?” DM:it appars the p[resentation ended.. odd he never showed off the new magitech armor or airship design.. The main presentation is done and it seems everyone is taling, Adron’s associates are taking orders as well, going about asking who wants to buy what. Calim Gorn:“This is all fine and good, but I came here to see what House Gorn loves best… Magitech armor.” DM:Does Geralt want to try to lockin any goods for the hydra clan (they have authorized you to buy some stuff if it looks promising) Calim Gorn:“And I’m sure my friends from House Zanyz are wondering where your grand new airship is as well.” DM:Oh you gonna actually yell that out Calim? Calim Gorn:YEah heh DM:Though that you were just talking to your companiones heh. Calim Gorn:Nah I’m calling him out Senator Adron Kortarian:“Ah if it sin’t Calim Gorn…. the husband of the princess. I’m glad you could attend.” Calim Gorn:“Glad to be here, Senator.” Calim Gorn smirks as he bows a little Calim Gorn eyes Angelus for a moment, as if looking for any reaction Senator Adron Kortarian:“Our magitech armor and airship are still in the prototype phase, and we are still addressing various issues which present production difficulties.” “I wanted to have this exhibition as soon as possible in the advent of the war, so I elected not to show you prototype-level technology yet, as all the goods at Adron Futuristics it must live up to my rigid demands of quality.” Calim Gorn:“Surely you could at least give us a preview? Something to whet our appetites and make us open up our pocketbooks for pre-orders?” Senator Adron Kortarian:“Oh rest assured when a demonstration is ready for it to come upon the market…. there will be quite a spectacle for everyone to see. I’m sure you’ll all remember it very well.” Calim Gorn:“Mm, I see… Oh well. I understand where you’re coming from, but it’s always disappointing not having something big and flashy on hand to ogle.” Geralt:on a roll tonight DM:Angeuls btw seems to be eynig you guys.. Though he doesn’t really say much, but he may be a bitnervous. Geralt can sense that Adron is covering up an annoyance at Calim’s outburst, even though he’s trying not to show that. Geralt:was his remark a bit of a warning or honest? i mean like the villianous oh I’ll show yuo my sweeties" DM:Geralt and Alyssa can also detect that Adron is a bit mocking in his tone to Calim as well. Calim Gorn:lol Whatever man, he’s the one without any fancy big ticket items A bunch of masks and infantry weapons, big whoop DM:Clearly trying to show disdain for him, by referring to him as the husband of the princess, as if he doesn’t really respect him. Calim Gorn:Oh and a probe droid Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna try to get up close to adron DM:You don’t think it’s a direct threat to Calim, but he’s clearly trying to insult him. Alyssa Toress:and have a chat Geralt:“HOw do you test the efficiency of your equipment?” Calim Gorn:Hey man, everybody knows that Toress men are emasculated anyway Geralt:“I would hate to get into the field and rely on theory.” Senator Adron Kortarian:“We test them against dummies as well as actual field tests, we are certain each and every peice of our equipment works as designed.” Alyssa Toress:am i able to get up close to him? DM:Well Geralt is talking to him right now Alyssa Toress:ok DM:You can approach though, but it’s tough to say private stuff really. Geralt:“Dummies?” Senator Adron Kortarian:“Yes like the earth demon creation you saw there.. it has the same armor composition as an actual stone-based earth demon type.” Calim Gorn turns his attention to Angelus, keeping an eye on him and watching to see if he leaves Senator Adron Kortarian:“Of course without the possibility of Nuumian poisoning.” DM:Angelus seems to be making his way out of the room the demonstration being over. Senator Adron Kortarian:“And of course, all these weapons have been tested against actual Earth demons during our prototype phase.” Alyssa Toress speaks softly to adron Senator Adron Kortarian:“I’m sure the Hydra clan would love to get their hands on some of these.. of course they are rather pricey. Supply and demand I’m afraid.” Geralt:“But it doesn’t fight back. I find it hard to trust dummy tests. What about these field tests?” Calim Gorn:(Hm, wondering if I should follow Angelus) Alyssa Toress:“you know why i’m here and i know you know can we speak in private later? I’m sure angelus spoke to you” yeah go after him Geralt:“Yes, I’m sure we could find them useful in the battle.” Senator Adron Kortarian looks to Alyssa. Calim Gorn follows after Angelus, keeping his distance and trying not to be obvious about it Senator Adron Kortarian:“I’m sure I can fit you in princess.” Alyssa Toress:“thank you i’m going to go enjoy your free champagne i’ll be around” DM:okay I’ll give Calim a stealth check to try to shadow him Senator Adron Kortarian:“Of course…” Calim Gorn:Whoo nat 29 Nat 20 Senator Adron Kortarian:natural 29? you cheater! Calim Gorn:lol Yeah fat fingered that Senator Adron Kortarian:“And as for field tests Geralt.. I’m sure a person of your great combat experience must know you’re looking at authentic weaponry that’s been tested in great detail.” DM:Geralt can pretty much tell that he’s sort of alluding to his experiences in the tunnels, though not saying it directly. Geralt:ok DM:Calim follows Angelus to one of the elevators… Geralt:“Yes, in fact we should speak a little more about that in private.” DM:You want to try to get onto the elevator with him>? Calim Gorn:Does the elevator have like a floor display on it? On the outside DM:heh nah, it doesn’t have one of those. Geralt:((hey if my star wars one had it yours should too)) Calim Gorn:lol yeah DM:heh. well they don’t really have electronics so to speak. Calim Gorn:Yeah I’ll step onto the elevator with him, like slip through the door at the last second and surprise corner him DM:All their stuff that’s controlled by “computer” is Di crystal controlled and such Geralt:you still have mechanical floor displays, like in the 20s DM:He doesn’t seem to show a ton of emotion as you enter… it’s just you and him in the elevator right now Geralt:and not the 2020s, hehe Calim Gorn:“A bit harder for you to run out of this shaft.” DM:Elevators aren’t really all that commonly used either. They’re mostly used by people that want to appear cutting edge, like these artificer’s guild companies heh. Angelus Osoloran:“Do I have something to fear?” Geralt:ok Calim Gorn shrugs Calim Gorn:“Do you believe that you do?” Angelus Osoloran:“Not particularly.” Calim Gorn:“But there’s still that gnawing unease, yes? That feeling on the edges of your mind that the walls are slowly closing in.” Angelus Osoloran:“Perhaps that’s something you should take up with my SEnator Kortarian.” *my boss, Senator Kortarian Calim Gorn:“Indeed… Perhaps you could help me with that? ‘I was just following orders’ won’t get you too far with the Council, but I’m sure you’d be well rewarded if you gave them the rope to hang Adron with.” Angelus Osoloran:“Didn’t know that what i was doing was a crime.” Alyssa Toress:(i am not sure it actually is either) Calim Gorn:“Then why the secrecy? No need to hide your face if it isn’t a crime, yeah?” Angelus Osoloran:“Maybe I don’t want the fame.” DM:The elevator comes to a stop… And Angelus starts to get out unless youw anna stop him. it looks liek a residential floor. Calim Gorn:“Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be known as the Imbued that brought the Earth Demons to Ronen and got everyone killed either, that’s understandable.” “I just hope your next experiment goes better than the last one, yeah?” Angelus Osoloran walks off quietly… he seems to be heading towards some restricted area… your military expertise identifies it as the barracks for Adron’s special “Security” force… Calim Gorn:“How many died in the last one? Friends of yours?” “Pay must be really good to be able to put up with that many deaths.” “I just hope nobody else you care about gets killed in all of this.” DM:In reality they’re really effectively permanent mercs he’sg ot working for him (basically FF7 SOLDIER) Angelus Osoloran:“It’s war.” Calim Gorn:“War on a front that was never meant to exist.” Alyssa Toress:(calim you make a poor diplomat) DM:He walks off stepping into the resrticted section unless youw anna try to follow him Otherwise I’ll jump back to Alyssa and Geralt. Calim Gorn:(Heh well I was hoping for a Persuasion check or something lol) Alyssa Toress:dont wait just roll it thats what i do DM:Well he doesn’t seem to really be able to be budged just yet… You’re not quuite sure why.. perhaps Adron convinced him he has nothing to fear? Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s why I mentioned hoping the next experiment goes better than the last one lol Since it’s pretty clear something fucked up on that one DM:I mean you get the feeling he’s a pretty loyal company man.. he’s probably gonna want to talk to Adron about it you figure. Calim Gorn:Oh well, I tried DM:Meanwhile back up wtih Alyssa and Geralt…. Hachi has sneaked off while nobody was looking and has made his way to a toilet to drink out of. Calim Gorn:lol DM:Did you two want to try to meet Adron privately together, or you gonna do separate meetings? And if so who wants to go meet him first? you can wait ar ound a bit till he’s free. but he seems willing to meet with you. Calim Gorn:I’ll just let Alyssa do her thing Geralt:i figured we would all do it as a group DM:Well you could wait for Calim to get back. Hachikomaru:lol DM:Or Geralt and Alyssa can go in. Or maybe you want to send Aylssa in alone to seduce him, heh I dunno it’s your plan :P Geralt:if Adron is insinuating a meetin now then Calim is out since he not there, but if he is indicating a later meeting then we all go together Alyssa Toress:i think i should meet him alone Geralt:wasn’t quite sure his tone and implication Alyssa Toress:hes not gonna attack me Geralt:no, but Geralt wants to know what he has to say for himself, not some 3rd hand rendition Alyssa Toress:i’m the face let me do face stuff DM:well I mean he’s around talking to people at the party and such… So it’s posible to meet him as a group there’s no huge time pressing stuff Of course, he may say something in a personal meeting he may not in a group one, and vice versa. Moer deniability speaking face to face potetnially heh. Alyssa Toress:yeah Geralt:we are not having this bebate IC in front of him so let’s move forward IC DM:yeah heh.. I’m assuming you’re off talking whiel your’e watiing around Alyssa Toress:“geralt let me handle him okay” DM:Figuring out what you wanna do, Calim is still away right now Since he followed Angelus but the rest of you are upstairs… well except Hachi who found the toilet presumably. Alyssa Toress:“this is what i do” Geralt:“And why is that? He should speak to all of us.” Alyssa Toress:“i’m good at speaking to people you are good at combat” “we have roles” Geralt:“I’m not going to ruin your meeting but I do want to know what he has to say.” Alyssa Toress:“you dont trust me to tell you?” Geralt:“It’s not that. (You can sense a half truth, I’m sure.) It’s that politicians have a way of altering the details and making side deals to suit their agendas. Nothing personal, just an observation.” Alyssa Toress:“its just… you can be a bit rough of the tongue” “let me work my magic” Geralt:“We warriors are much more simple and don;t have to deal with all those complications.” “I’ll keep my moputh shut. Pretend I’m not there.” Alyssa Toress:“okay fine” DM:yeah you’ll just have Geralt’s cat-like eyes observing the situation in total silence, waiting to pounce…. :P Geralt:lol Calim Gorn:Hard for a girl to get her freak on with an audience man DM:lol… well it’s Geralt you know he’s gonna want to join in on that action. Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:((this would be his stance IC, nothing personal) Alyssa Toress:please i’m married Calim Gorn:Like that’s stopped you Geralt:he doesn’t trust politicians DM:Geralt knows you’re a cheater. Alyssa Toress:technically i am royalty not a politician DM:His medallion detects adultery now, after he upgraded it Alyssa Toress:thats the people from ronen Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:lol or at least the will for it… the Detect Moisture attribute DM:Okay… so tthe two of you meet with Adron. Alyssa Toress:yeah DM:He has a small side office apparently for these private meetings during his exhibitions… the office has a painting on the wall of himself standing in front of his tower, the perspective of the painting is a bit off… probably to show the entirety of Adron Tower and his company. Geralt:royalty, princess, politician… all the same to him DM:Tehre’s also some nice cushioned chairs there and Adron himself greets you Alyssa Toress:“hello love” “i’m going to be honest here, you screwed up” Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well hello. I must say I’m a bit disappointed I didn’t get a private meeting wtiht he princess, but a man must accept some sacrifices.” Geralt walks in and nods a coutious greeting and moves to the back of the room a few paces. Alyssa Toress:“look i know you needed to test the weapons but couldnt you have put more money into your travel budget to go further away from populated areas” Senator Adron Kortarian:“Of course, most of our testing does happen in the native lands of thee Earth demons, this was a bit of an emergency situation.” Alyssa Toress:“i’m a reasonable woman” Senator Adron Kortarian:“In fact, I’d callit more a success than a screw-up.” Alyssa Toress:“how so?” Alyssa Toress sits next to him Senator Adron Kortarian:“We were eliminating a threat to Ronen.” Calim Gorn:(A threat that wasn’t there until he fucked around with it) Senator Adron Kortarian:“My sensors, as you know, are cutting edge… we detected the Earth Demon presences and sought to eliminate them.” Alyssa Toress:“so the earth demons appeared naturally?” “with no input from you or your tech” Senator Adron Kortarian:“My technology may be advanced, but it isn’t designed to get Earth demons across the ocean.” “Of course… a stolen ship taken by the fallen could do that.” “Intent on spreading terrorist groups into Ronen, getting the Guild of Swords to pull out of the war.” Alyssa Toress:“do you have anything more concrete than a possible stolen ship” “because if you did have something that could draw earth demons that would be a powerful weapon if used against daelan for instance” “an ace to reclaim the rebel province” Senator Adron Kortarian:“So your explanation is that I’ve developed a lure that not only draws earth demons to another contnent but also allows them the ability to swim?” “I must say I’m flattered princess.” “You must think quite highly of my skills.” Alyssa Toress:“no its an unlikely explination” Geralt:me at the back of the room… https://67.media.tumblr.com/fb8f845acc5efc22319109ee420f4d60/tumblr_np45g9SZXN1uw8kzyo1_500.gif Calim Gorn:lol DM:lol Alyssa Toress:“just a hope” Calim Gorn:(There is the theory that Earth Demons naturally exist beneath all the continents, they’re just closest to the surface where Yt is) Alyssa Toress:“i’m not narrow minded and see what potential such a tool would have” Calim Gorn:(So his device could have lured up Earth Demons that were already there) Alyssa Toress:“but what if the earth demons are already on every continent and just dormant on most?” DM:Alyssa can sense Adron is being a bit dishonest somewhere… he’s hiding something probably… (also I secretly roll bad for your insight I may lie) Senator Adron Kortarian:“What if?” “You think I’m purposely drawing them to the surface undedr my own continent?” Alyssa Toress:“just like you needed to test the weapons you may have needed to test the lure” “in a controlled manner where your soldiers could deal with it” Geralt:((it would create quite the market for his stuff)) Senator Adron Kortarian:“And the controlled manner you suggest was close to my own headquarters in an area that could get me executed for treason?” “It is true that some of my prototypes were tested…” Alyssa Toress:“the two incursions dont make sense” “why capture the girl?” “they didnt act hostile to her” Senator Adron Kortarian:“We have seen the Earth demons take sacrifices in Yt.. perhaps they feed on the essence of mana based creatures.” “or perhaps they were trying to convert worshippers.” Alyssa Toress:“adron i feel like you arent being honest with me” “if you’ve developed such a tool it could be the most devastating weapon of all time” “and i want to be by your side to unleash it” i’m gonna use my ultimate effort Calim Gorn:lol DM:It’s gonna be tough with Geralt in the room btw.. :P Alyssa Toress:lol okay so persuasion check… 38 DM:heh okay if you want to spend a hero point on that ya can heh. Senator Adron Kortarian looks over to Geralt for a moment before going back to Alysas. Alyssa Toress:“geralt could you excuse us?” Geralt:goitta say please Alyssa Toress:please “please” Calim Gorn:lol Geralt makes the princess beg, oh yeah DM:lol. yeah she totally wants him! Geralt:“Sure, I’ll be outside.” ((btw, totally listening in with my keen hearing)) Geralt walks to the door and exits DM:lol.. you got extended on your hearing? Geralt:yes DM:heh okay Calim Gorn:lol DM:you couldptoentialyl hear then Geralt:Imbued Senses (Aela-Based): Enhanced Senses 6 (Low-light Vision, Accurate Hearing, Extended Hearing, Acute Smell, Extended Smell) Senator Adron Kortarian:“I can’t help but wonder what your motivation is in all this princess.” “Clearly there’s more to you than meets the eye.” Alyssa Toress:“i want to be more than the second daughter that never rules” “married to a husband that cant satisfy me” Geralt:lol, harsh Calim Gorn:It’s not that I can’t per se Alyssa Toress:wont and cant are basically the same DM:that is one of the rumors… :P Geralt:yeah Calim Gorn:lol DM:That or you’re more into dick :P Calim Gorn:I mean Calim doesn’t care about the rumors, they keep people from finding out the truth, lol He even nudges people towards one of the rumors occasionally Geralt:as long as he doesn’t grab Geralt’s ass Calim Gorn:lol Senator Adron Kortarian:“Arielle’s recovery must have been quite a… surprise.” Calim Gorn:Yeah I mean he won’t do anything overt like that…. but like, I’m sure somebody saw him go into that elevator with Angelus Alyssa Toress:“miracilous” DM:Give me a deception cehck, you can basically tell he’s trying to feel you out basically trying to see if you’re a cold hearted bitch. Calim Gorn:And stand close to him whispering about something Alyssa Toress:lol nat 20 Calim Gorn:lol awesome DM:Assuming you want to play it off like your’e just power hungry heh… not sure what you were trying to represent. Alyssa Toress:sure Calim Gorn:Like you know the rumors after this are gonna be “Lord Calim was seen following after Angelus after the demonstration, while Princess Alyssa requested an audience with Senator Kortarian and brought that freak Witcher along” Senator Adron Kortarian:“You are quite the beauty Aylssa. you deserve better than Calim, a man with no ambitions to speak of….” Geralt:lol, she likes to have me watch Alyssa Toress:“he doesnt appreciate me” Geralt:that way at least some man gets to enjoy seeing her naked Calim Gorn:lol Alyssa Toress:“he leaves me feeling cold and lonely” Senator Adron Kortarian:"Yes, that mcuh is certain. It’s shocking really… " “What a terrible life it must be to be stuck wtih him… married but still alone.” Alyssa Toress:“yes” DM:He moves closer to you, apparently tryingtomove in for a subtle kiss, at least assuming you reciprocate. Alyssa Toress:hell yeah Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:how old is this dude? Alyssa Toress:i dunno DM:He’s 36. heh. So like twice her age. Alyssa Toress:see thats young Geralt:could still be your dad though Calim Gorn:This girl is half his age…. Geralt:hehe Calim Gorn:Too old for that book by Nabakov though Senator Adron Kortarian:“You must be searching for a means of escape for your marraige.” Alyssa Toress:“i just want to feel alive” Alyssa Toress kisses him DM:Pretty mcuh at this point he’s moving for a full blown sex scene… probably not knowing (or caring) that Geralt is watching… heh.. so we can fast forward to the others if you’re going along with that Geralt’s hearing will definiteyl pick that stuff up heh. Calim Gorn:lol Alyssa Toress:okay great Calim Gorn:I assume at some point I come back and wonder where the others went DM:Yeah you come back, about halfway through their sex scene heh… I assume you walk aroubnd a bit to find Geralt He’s a pretty distinctive characters o people kinda know where he went. Geralt:well hopefully he doesn’t get some free nookie without giving up some goods DM:Though you mgiht get Hachi instead… though I guess if you found hachi you’d just have to get him to sniff out Geralt. Calim Gorn:lol yeah Either way I’d find him eventually Calim Gorn approaches Geralt, “I take it Alyssa is speaking to Adron in private?” DM:So you find Geralt listening at the door (I assume he’s listening to the whole thing, that white haired pervert that he is..) Geralt things to himself, “See thisis why I screw Viniira and not all of Alenya.” Calim Gorn:lol DM:yeah Geralt is probably standing close by the door with a big bulge in his pants :P Geralt:lol will save? Calim Gorn:Yeah I kinda assumed his hearing was good enough that he wouldn’t have to actively lean against the door DM:lol… yeah I’ll give you a will save if you want to try to ssuppress it. Geralt:right, i’m back far enough to look like I can’t hear to those that don;t know better DM:yeah. I mean you gota be fairly close since the door is reinforced to block sound, but it’s not totally quiet… and with extended hearing you could make out most of it. heh okay, you managed to suppress it for now so you’re not standing there with a big bulge. Calim Gorn:lol “I didn’t have any luck with Angelus… Hopefully she gets better results.” Geralt:so Calim arrives on scene now? DM:Yeah heh. He’s aprpoaching you. Geralt:and i know about their “loose” relationship right? Alyssa Toress:no Geralt:or it hidden enough that i don;t know DM:I don’t think they necessarily told you that… though the Toress women in general have a rep for being slutty, well Alyssa more so than others. :P Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:well i know she is.. i mean with Calim Calim Gorn:You’d know there are a lot of rumors about Calim not bedding Alyssa for one reason or another Geralt:ok DM:yeah I don’t think you’d know their specifics. thoufgh there’s rumors that Calim ain’t doing his husbandly duty. Well mainly that he doesn’t seem interested in her at all Mostly people think he’s just gay. Geralt:so i don;t expect him to take it hard that she is screwing the dude Calim Gorn:You could tell him and gauge the accuracy of the rumors, lol Geralt:“I hope so. She is using her.. uhm, charm to try to extract information.” Calim Gorn smirks DM:well she’s extracting something. Geralt:“What’s the smile for?” Calim Gorn:“Nothing. Let’s wish her success.” Geralt:“Uh, yeah. He better give it up… the informatio that is.” Calim Gorn:“I offered Angelus the opportunity to betray him, but he didn’t take the bait. Seems like he’s a good loyal soldier.” DM:He’s 1st class man! Geralt:“Well he claimed they were already there and they just happened to get lucky in finding them.” “I find that unlikely though.” Calim Gorn:“Yeah, I don’t buy that…” “They say that Earth Demons are deep down beneath all the other continents besides where they emerged in Yt. If they’re at the surface here then something brought them up.” Geralt:“I’m sure he had something to do with it too.” Calim Gorn:“The problem is we don’t have anything to nail him on… Unless he just admits it and expects to go unpunished.” “Angelus said he wasn’t aware he was doing anything illegal.” DM:I mean he could jsut be a soldier wiping out enemies of the empire. Earth Demons are considered the enemy… more now than ever. Granted he was involved in a cover-up.. since he didn’t want Ronen to know of course maybe he was just avoiding the consequences of panic, like you guys are. Geralt:“It possible he didn’t know the extent. The little man often doesn’t. Which is why I don;t like being the little man.” Calim Gorn nods… Geralt:“If we found a device that functons as a lure though….” Calim Gorn:“I did my best to plant the seeds of doubt, but I don’t know whether they’ll take root.” “Yes, that would be a smoking gun, as it were.” “I’m curious about what the development setbacks on his Magitech armor and airship are exactly.” DM:Meanwhile we can skip to the end of Alyssa’s sex scene… assumng you’re not interrupting it which it doesn’t seem you are . Calim Gorn:Nah, can’t interrupt the delicate negotiations Geralt:i’m going to barge in for some DP action Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:no DM:lol. That’d be awesome if he did that Geralt:show the princess a REALLY good time Hachikomaru:rofl Alyssa Toress:please that would really mess up negotiations Hachikomaru:you almost choked me G, damn Geralt:lol DM:lol I was picturing Geralt kicking down the door and immediately dropping his pants. And being like “Lets do this!” Then proceeding to rush in there. Geralt:that would be a epic scene DM:lol. Hachikomaru:hero point territory Alyssa Toress:do i get a hero point DM:Okay.. I’ll give Alysa a straight presence x2 check to see how mucfh of an impression she made (you can add the +5 for your appearance tho) I mgiht give ya a complication Hp if Geralt came runnin in there. lol That’d be funny as hell Calim Gorn:There will be other hero points DM:That’d be like a complciation I’d do if he rolled a natuarl 1 on his will save He couldn’t bear to hear anymore he had to go in! Alyssa Toress:fuck a 3 Geralt:“Yeah baby, give it to me in the back door. I’ve always wanted that but Calim won;t even do that!” Calim Gorn:lol damn, you should have more Presence than that Alyssa Toress:wait x2 DM:yeah it shouldb e presence x2 + 5 Alyssa Toress:hold on Calim Gorn:Yeah heh That’s better DM:heh well you still have the 3 roll :P Alyssa Toress::( DM:But you can use your better bonus Geralt:that would ahve been great, a 1 on the roll Alyssa Toress:26 still Calim Gorn:Hero Point it? lol DM:yeah lol I will sometimes drop acomplication if someoen rolls a natural 1 as an added consequence of ailrue. Alyssa Toress:its a 26 on the 3 tab thats not bad also i am out of hero points Calim Gorn:Yeah it’s decent DM:He seems charmed by the encounter. Aftera ll who wouldn’t want probably the hottest girl in the world at the time… Senator Adron Kortarian:“Maybe you coudl come by and see me tomorrow when I’m less busy..” Alyssa Toress:“why dont i spend the night?” Calim Gorn:lol Senator Adron Kortarian:“Won’t your husband be jealous?” Calim Gorn:Nope Alyssa Toress:“who cares about him” DM:That would make a pretty huge story lol…. since there are bards here reporting on the tech… so the princess fucking around woudl be a pretty big issue :P Calim Gorn:Hmm, wonder if I have enough time to catch a late airship to Yt Alyssa Toress:“but i guess there are the bards here” “they might talk” Senator Adron Kortarian:“Well I don’t care if you don’t care.” Senator Adron Kortarian smirks. Alyssa Toress:“i’ll see you tomorrow” “i dont want a scandal” Geralt:“Well you could ask Geral to be your allibi… for a price, hehe.” DM:You coudl totalyl snub Calim if you want, it’d be an embarassment for him and his house, but fuck him anyway, am I right? :P Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:((Well you could ask Geral to be your allibi… for a price, hehe.)) Alyssa Toress:“i cant afford to anger house gorn” Calim Gorn:It’d kick in my Married to Alyssa Complication! Alyssa Toress:“but make sure you get plenty of rest” Alyssa Toress kisses him Senator Adron Kortarian kisses you back as you part ways. Geralt:so not info, what a slut… man she isn’t a good negotiator at all DM:She got his measurements. That’s good info right? :P Alyssa Toress:look i’ll get it tomorrow okay Senator Adron Kortarian:“Oh and come alone next time.” Calim Gorn:Sometimes negotiations take time Alyssa Toress:“i told him to wait behind but he wouldnt listen” “you know how the clansman are” Senator Adron Kortarian nods. Senator Adron Kortarian:“They’re a persistent and superstitious lot.” Geralt:Alyyssa wants this… https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&q=geralt+pants+bulge&oq=geralt+pants+bulge&gs_l=img.3…970926.973293.0.973418.11.10.0.1.1.0.196.902.3j4.7.0….0…1c.1.64.img..3.2.167…0i24k1.HP5ObAhd05Y#imgrc=fMYkGAjStifnKM%3A Senator Adron Kortarian:“And his clan is the best of them.” Geralt:https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLcrk39UEAA_q0H.jpg:large Calim Gorn:Ew DM:lol. That gonna be Geralt’s new official token image? :P Geralt:lol, hell no DM:Alright so anything else you guys wanted to do here or you gonna let Alyssa continue her thing? You’ve got some more time for investigation. Calim Gorn:Well not sure what we can investigate without breaking into somewhere restricted Geralt:well is she coming… out that is DM:Yeah she’s coming out now. Well you could try to wait around for Angeuls and confront him again. Either or try your hand at infiltrating heh. Alyssa Toress:“hi guys” DM:Or just ask around with various employees try to do some sluething, of course he may hear you’rve been asking around So of course risks with that Alyssa Toress:“things went well we are gonna meet again tomorrow” Geralt:“So I hope your negotiaions were fruitfull?” Alyssa Toress:“i’m gonna go back to the hotel and catch some rest” Geralt:“Yeah, I bet he is looking forward to another chance to bounce his ideas off you.” Calim Gorn:“Were you able to get anything out of him?” Alyssa Toress:“we had a good talk yeah” “i’m hopeful for this investigation” Geralt:all the inuindos adding up, hehe Calim Gorn:lol “It’d be nice if we could go poking through all these restricted areas… I think I found the barracks for that special ops group.” Alyssa Toress:“just dont do anything rash okay” “wait til i meet him again” Geralt:“What would be the result if caught?” Alyssa Toress:“i dont know you’d probably destroy our investigation” Geralt:((ask Alyssa, she knows all about poking around in restricted areas)) Calim Gorn:lol DM:I mean as Imbued they couldn’t kill you Calim Gorn:“Very well, I suppose we can leave it in your hands for now.” DM:at best they could capture you and hold you for ransom from one of your factions Calim Gorn:“I’d rather not get ransomed off or anything else inconvenient.” Geralt:“Well hopefully more her lips than hands. They always more persuasive I’ve found.” DM:Of course it’d totally blow your cover. Calim Gorn smirks Calim Gorn:“Come Geralt, let’s see what sort of accomodations we can secure for ourselves here in lovely Trisemmon.” Geralt:“Sure thing buddy.” DM:heh okay so you’re all gonna get a room there? Alyssa and Calim staying together, or you staying separately? Calim Gorn:We can book the room together For appearances sake Give Geralt and Hachi separate rooms DM:Yeah that’d look really bad if Geralt and Hachi were staying together :P Calim Gorn:Also how long is a round trip flight to Yt and back? You know, for curiosity’s sake Geralt:what about Geralt and Calim DM:To where in Yt? Geralt:hehe Calim Gorn:Hydra Clan territory Geralt:where is Vin btw? DM:I mea it’s kinda hard to find direct flgihts, so there’s a waiting period, aint’ like the airships are always going Calim Gorn:Note to self: get private airship DM:Viniira is right now back with her own people in the Minotaur clan territory, not sure if it’s drawn on there yet but it’s the far west, they’re pretty safe compared to the other clans. Geralt:let’s steal the ulimate battle ship prototype Calim Gorn:lol DM:lol yeah you could try to steal his ship. Of course that shit is probably guarded. And by probably, I mean definiteyl :P Calim Gorn:Yeah don’t think we want to do that right now Let Alyssa’s Presence 9 pussy work its ways first DM:lol Geralt:lol DM:Enhanced presence 9 (limited to: pussy) Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:hehe, i was about to type that.. if i could boost Pres just to my dick DM:Alright so you basically jsut waste time.. fast forwarding… Calim Gorn:But yeah me and Alyssa can share a hotel room and then the next day she can go to her appointment with Adron while we do whatever DM:lol.. yeah if youjust wanted to make really good imrpesions on people you have sex with lol. You could do like limited presence : sex appeal too. Yeah what is Geralt and Calim and Hachi doing while this is going on? Alyssa Toress:go see a movie they have those right DM:heh they’ve got plays. No movies. Geralt:this? i thought i was there for the show… it late now and time to get rooms? DM:They do have audio recordings but no video. Yeah you basically get rooms and wait around was just wondering what you wanted to do the next day. Since Alyssa is gonna go see Adron at night, and you guys are just killing time around trisemmon. Geralt:oh while she renegotiates? Calim Gorn:Yeah guess I could do a play, something haughty and aristocratic And possibly not straight DM:Yeah it’s a classic case of hard-sell vs soft-sell negotiations. Geralt:i’ll insist on going again…. want to hear what he tells her, acting like i have no clue that anything odd happened DM:heh. okay lets do that IC Calim Gorn:lol DM:Geralt remarks “They don’t have porn in this world, THIS IS ALL I HAVE!” Calim Gorn:Haha Alyssa Toress:buy a drawing Geralt:lol Alyssa Toress:“geralt please for the love of all that is holy can you let me fuck adron in peace” “you’ll just mess things up” DM:lol Calim Gorn:lol damn Geralt:“What, is THAT what you were doing in there?” Alyssa Toress:“of course” “so please just let me work my skills okay” Calim Gorn just sits there and watches the argument, not seeming to care Alyssa Toress:“you go have dinner or something with hachi” DM:make sure to get the doggy bag. Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:“Well when do you intend to get some information out of him and not just a stain on your dress.” Alyssa Toress:“soon” “now please let me work” Geralt:“Apparently my being there did not hinder your negotiations yesterday.” DM:Also did you want to send Elleyan a communication btw? She was expecting you to get back to her. Or you want to leave her hanging? Calim Gorn:Oh yeah, guess I could take care of that Alyssa Toress:thanks calim Calim Gorn:As my task for the day while Alyssa is out Alyssa Toress:“just stay here okay” DM:okay. What did you want to tell her? Alyssa Toress leaves towards the meeting Calim Gorn:Give her the rundown of the show and that Adron didn’t unveil his airship or his magitech armor due to “technical difficulties” and that Alyssa is working on prying more information out of him Geralt:“So why is this such a big deal to you. Apparently you aren’t afraid I’ll see your cunt, everyone else has.” DM:poor Geralt. he can’t hear Alyssa’s dirty talk. At Presence +18 it’s pretty damn good too. Calim Gorn:lol “Just leave her be, Geralt. It’s fine.” DM:With Geralt’s enhanced senses he’s probably heard and smelled it too. Calim Gorn:“Our only other viable approach is to break into Adron’s facilities and hope we stumble across the information we’re looking for. That approach obviously doesn’t have high odds of success.” Geralt:“Shit, haughty princesses! Do you reall trust her to be honest with us? Hell she isn’t even honest with you. Sleeping around right in front of you.” Calim Gorn:“I’m not acting surprised about it, am I?” Geralt:“Well no. But still, doesn’t that irritate you that she keeps secrets?” Calim Gorn:“If it works, it works. Who am I to complain.” Calim Gorn laughs Calim Gorn:“Everyone in Rahseld keeps secrets.” “Including myself.” Hachikomaru:The Guild of Secrets Calim Gorn:“As long as she gets us the information we need to satisfy the Templars, I don’t care about the rest.” Geralt:“I don;t understand the ways of your people. We may have some secrets in Yt but we don;t life for them like you both seem to.” **live Calim Gorn:“You don’t have to understand it, or even like it. Just let it work.” Geralt:“For you I will. I don;t appreciate her snubbing us though.” Calim Gorn:“Yes, well, Adron probably isn’t into group sex. At least not with this male to female ratio, I imagine.” Calim Gorn laughs Geralt:“HAHA, yeah I wouldn’t think so… how about you though? Is that why you don;t care? just saying rumors fly.” Calim Gorn smiles, “Not all rumors are true. But they can be convenient.” Geralt:“See more secrets. I sometimes feel like I’m an open book and everyone knows everything about me.” Calim Gorn:“Yes, I understand how you feel… You may find it hard to believe me, but I don’t keep what secrets I keep lightly. If it wasn’t something I felt of vital importance to keep hidden, I wouldn’t hide it.” “I appreciate your honesty and forthrightness. I even envy it a little.” Geralt:“Well let’s go find some entertainment.” Calim Gorn nods Geralt:close scene DM:okay.. so I’ll do Calim’s scene talking to Ellenya first… Calim Gorn:Oh heh you want to play that out? DM:Well I figure just what you’ll say cause she may react differently depending… So I figure probabl ygood to RP that. Alyssa Toress:you think i can go to sleep soon? DM:May be short of course. Calim Gorn:Heh okay DM:Well if you wanted to not do your scene Herlock we could leave that for next time.. and I could maybe do some stuff with Geralt. I had planned for something to happen to him heh. Since he’s going out on the town and such. Alyssa Toress:yeah i need to go ot bed DM:okay… guess we can leave your scene for next time then Alyssa Toress:ok DM:Alright… to Calim and the Ellenya mobile! Calim Gorn:lol DM:Calim calls up Ellenya… it takes him a bit to be transferred over to her. That’s pretty common but he eventualyl gets a direct comm to her. Calim Gorn:Too bad you nerfed teleportation, I’d just call Laventa and tell her I got a hotel room and that Alyssa is indisposed all day, get over here DM:You aren’t speaking over a secure line btw unless you got a di crystal of your own. Calim Gorn:Yeah I don’t have one, at least not that I spent the points on this time around DM:okay. Ellenya Toress:“So what did you find out?” Calim Gorn:“Nothing much, but we’re still investigating. Adron held back his new Magitech armor and airship and wouldn’t say why other than having experienced some setbacks in development.” “We confirmed what we already knew, though we haven’t been able to procure hard evidence yet.” Ellenya Toress:“He held it back? Really… the airship seemed like it functioned fine to me.” Calim Gorn:“Yes, not sure what his game is. It looks like it’s actually docked here at Trisemmon right now, or at least the prototype is.” Ellenya Toress:“Is it time I went and used the proper channels?” Calim Gorn:“Not yet, we haven’t exhausted our alternatives.” Ellenya Toress:“Well time might be running out… we’re kind of sitting on a big prblem here.” “How much time do you need?” Calim Gorn:“Hopefully no more than a week, but that’s worst case.” “I don’t expect it to take that long.” Ellenya Toress:“A week?! That’s a long time…” Calim Gorn:(What was the time between the last two incidents?) DM:Lemme see.. one sec. Was about 3 days. Calim Gorn:Well shit, that’s no help =P DM:You guys responded pretty promptly to Justy’s call. heh. And then after that the Earth Demons struck elsewhere. Calim Gorn:“Like I said, that’s worst case. Have to account for uncertainties in the data.” Ellenya Toress:“If I don’t hear from you in a couple days, I’m going to do what I have to.” Calim Gorn:“Understood…” (Is the Sunlord expecting any kind of report also? If so then I’d send it, with more or less the same coded talk) DM:Yeah she’s expecting some as well. SO you send out the report… Though with her you could elect not to send it yet.. and say you had to maintain radio silence She’s a bit more accomodating… Ellenya is more like “Earth demons are under me!” and kinda freaked out Calim Gorn:lol DM:She’s had earth rot once.. she don’t wanan get it again Geralt:i would opt for that DM:The sunlord is on a flying city. She doens’t care that mcuh She’s laughs at burrowing :P Geralt:we don;t want others to get wind Calim Gorn:Yeah guess I’ll leave her out for now DM:ok yeah she’l understand if you don’t report yet Calim Gorn:If I don’t have a hard deadline to report then I’ll put it off DM:considering your’e in Adron central. Okay meanwhile… as geralt is out wandering the streets… The place is rather foreign to him… perhaps the most foreign of all cities he’s visited, save Aylanae itself… The streets are smooth and paved, as are the side walks… while some buildings are still wooden, many are constructed of stone and metal. Calim Gorn:(Like Earth Demons…) DM:Everything here seems to be adopting a very magitech look… trying to break as muich as possible with the traditional village… Geralt:is this typical of this land or he gone way beyond? DM:This is beyond. Ronen usualyl isn’t this advanced, this is the most advanced city they’ve got, basically thanks to Adron and his upgrades. Granted tehy’ve got a lot of magitech, but it’s still mostly cobblestone roads and such. Geralt:ok DM:This place has fully paved roads that whirlwind wagosn (magitech cars) drive on. And lots of lightning lamsp lighting up everything, including more complex signage lit up by similar lightnign tech Geralt has also noticed his medallion vibrating here and there…. just slightly, almost like a false reading… or a partial one… but it almost always seems to go back to rest in a moment or two… Geralt:so these are not regular or don;t correspond with a certain spot? DM:It doesn’t seem so, it’s just a momentary tremor in it…. kind of odd… it doesn’t seem to repeat.. .at least until. you reach one area.. where the vibration is faint, but seems to be defintieyl there… Calim Gorn:(Am I with him for this or am I off doing something else?) DM:Nah you’re off doing your own thing, techbnicalyl hachi could be there, but I think Sef is afk Geralt was just screwing around with hachi potentially or if Sef isn’t there, Il’l say Hcahi decided to drink out of another toilet. Geralt:not with his cone ok, what is this area where it is steady? DM:It looks liek it’s one of the poorer sections of town… with a mix of run down buildings and somewhat newer construction, though eventhen, the construction is drab and depressing looking, as if they did’t really care to make anything flashy… Geralt:hmm, i will search for the source i guess, out of curiosity DM:okay it’ll take you a bit since your medallion aint’ really the greatest at pinpointing stuff… Geralt:right, would be a tril and error ting DM:I’ll give you an investigation cehck to try to figure out where it’s coming from. can do it untrained if you don’t have it. It’s intelligence. So intx2 if you don’t have investigate Geralt:not too great DM:You have to doa fairly wide circle waiting to see where the medallion stops sensing… however it seems that your wandering around has attracted the attetnion of some street toughs… Geralt:oh boy DM:A group of 6 men, armed with clubs (some of them with nails driven into them) come to confront you… Man:“Hey what you think you’re doing around here?” Geralt:“Hello men. What a wonderful day for a walk, wouldn’t you say?” “I’m admiring your city. Actually I was trying to find something.” Man 2:“Why don’t you try walking a different direction? What you’re looking for isn’t here.” Geralt:“You wouldn’t to know about some sort of power source or magic around here would you?” Man:“The only power source is right here…” Man displays his spiked club. Geralt:“Ohh, that does look pretty powerful. Not quite as much as thse though.”, as he thumbs the weapons on his back. “Look I’m not looking for trouble and I’m sure you don;t want any.” Hachikomaru:im here, was making some hot chocolate Man:“Nice swords… maybe we’ll take em.” Geralt:“I kill monsters for a living, and you my friends are NOT monsters. So I have no beef with you unless you force it.” DM:I’ll give you an intimidation cehck See if you can get em to back down Geralt will wriggle his fingers a bit, bringin up quen preemptively. DM:They stare a bit at the shimmering shield… perhaps rethinking thier 6 vs 1 odds… Man:“We’re going to cut you a break this time… consider yourself lucky.. come on guys… lets go get a drink.” DM:They seem to be backing off assuming you don’t want to press the issue Man:Also was gonna drop Calim and Alyssa some hero points for their scenees and such. DM:Alyssa Toress gains a hero point. , Calim Gorn gains a hero point. Calim Gorn:Whoo Geralt:“Thanks for your hospitality.”, he yells after them. Calim Gorn:Cuckolded Hero Point DM:lol. yeah that could be another rumor going around too… that you like to watch your wife have sex with other men :P Calim Gorn:lol DM:Geralt want to cotniue his investigation or just gonna turn back for now? Geralt:will continue, not gonna let them stop me Calim Gorn:https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/JI6MgeGQfe7BxV1fpL0CBpD2w0=/6×0:895×500/1600×900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorusimage/image/49493993/this-is-fine.0.jpg My reaction to that rumor DM:lol Geralt continues ahead, beliecving the vibrations to be emanating from what seems to be afairly large unlableed building… a warehouse he’d guess.. there’s likely more than one source of it, or a t least a large soruce area… The place is a new construction, probably produced about the time Adron Futuristics took over with its upgrades…. though there’s no lable on the place… Geralt:any guards, locked? DM:There’s no outer guards… though the door to the place is a heavy metal sort… apparentyl difficultto break into and locked… There are some windows on the second story a skilled climber could potentially access… Or you could try ot bust through the main door, they’re not super strong, so anyone of suitable strength fould probably get it down with some difficulty. Geralt will climb to get a look in DM:okay give me an athletics check to climb. Geralt:acro or athlitics? nm, incoming DM:Athletics I believe for climbing. You easily climb up there… manuevring to the window.. the glass is cloudy making it difficult to see inside but it seems the window is able with some manipulation to be pushed open… probably to allow some ventillation. Geralt:will do so and peek in DM:It’s one of the large windows that basically can tilt outwards with a joint in the middel of it. Okay you push the window a bit and look in… the top level seems to be what you’d expect an old warehouse… containing some crates.. and large shelves.. but give me a perception check… Your keen hearing is able to pick up something… it’s distant. beneath the floor somewhere based on your accurate sense… It’s a sound you know well from your monster training, the sound of a screamer… a lesser insect-like earth demon taht travels in colonies… They’er commonly drawn to deep mining operations, but it’s rare to ever find them this close to the surface…. You can give me a monster lore check too To see what else you know Calim Gorn:lol nice DM:http://defenders-of-aylanae.obsidianportal.com/wiki_pages/screamers You know what’s listed there.. plus… Geralt:like i said… Starship Troopers….. DM:You recognize their particular screech here, it’s not the typcial one they do when attacking (the one they’re named for)… this one is rather a screech they only seem to emit when in danger… it’s essentially a cry for help from the rest of the colony. For instance when one is wounded or otherwise in trouble… most ears are unable to tell the difference but for someone of your training you can recognize it as being many callsof disrtess… And there’s no sounds of battle that you can hear, so it’s possible they’er simply hurt or trapped down there… Geralt:ok, so it sounds like it is underground? or in a container? DM:Yea hthey’re underneath the warehouse floor somewhere. Calim Gorn:Adron pulled a Matrix on them, he’s hooked them into a battery farm DM:You don’t think they’re inside this top level Geralt:oh, i’m on the top floor, so not an open warehouse and has actual floors? DM:You also spot 4 guards moving about the top level as well.. apparently patrolling… Nah it’s an actual warehouse, you susepct they’er in some kinda basement This is basically a 2-3 story warehouse high ceiling, and the sound iss coming from beneath the floor at ground level. You’re roughly on the second story. Geralt:got it DM:Though there’s a drop if you go through the window, but you could maybe jump to one of the high shelves. Geralt:there a walkway arounnd the inner perimeter? DM:Where there’s cratses and storage and such There’s no actual large walkway through there are metal beams that run the top of it. you could potentially walk on them with good balance. But no easy to manuever place. beyond the metal supports. Then you could potentially drop down to the top of one of the large crate-bearing shelves. Geralt:hmm, what to do.. would Geralt press on, or go alrt the others…. the guards on ground floor? Calim Gorn:If we get a Templar team down here it could be the evidence we need to prove that Adron is harnessing Nuumian based technology Problem is not alerting Adron Unless Templars got a local branch here DM:Well the Templar do sorta have facilities but no actual mbued.. they’re more just human helpers. They’re not technicalyl templar per se… but they’re believers of Sheyl. Most of the actual badass templar are on Aylanae or going to war heh. Calim Gorn:Heh yeah that’s what I figured DM:Yeah the guards are moving about the ground floor, they don’t look particualrly super alert.. but do have magitech weaponry… Geralt:ok, I’ll back off and go let the others know DM:Some of it looks similar to Adron’s tech.. okay Geralt pulls back.. and alerts the others… So basically be kinda later during the night at this point… whhen you’d go see hachi and Calim. Geralt:in privacy obviously DM:Yeah basically you’d prob meet back at your inn room Geralt:and not in rooms, they may have spies DM:Ah okay Where you want to meet and talk? Geralt:in a park or something where it is open and not conjested any place exist DM:Okay, there’s not really huge parks in this city, it’s pretty urban and congested… but you can find a little park off somewhere… Mostly with just swings and other play areas for children. It’s not being useed right now, cause it’s late at night. Calim Gorn:Would Alyssa be with us at this point or is she still off fucking Adron? lol DM:I’m assumign she’s spending the night with him So she’s still doing that thing heh.. so you guys can act event hough herlock ain’t here. Not sure if Sef is here either heh, I see him only partially lol Calim Gorn:Yeah he was here a minute ago DM:Gotta put a leash on that dog Hachikomaru:im here Calim Gorn:lol Hachikomaru:just tired DM:Well we could stop here if you want it’s getting kinda late anyway and we’ll do this and Alyssa’s seduction attempt next tiem Hachikomaru:can just procced without me, prolly play mina next week anyways DM:And Il’l give Geralt one hero point Geralt gains a hero point. Yeah amybe we’ll say Hachi had some complications with his brain injury. Geralt:there a max to those? DM:And they find him like chasing his tail or something Calim Gorn:Nah no max DM:Nah, no max to hero points. Geralt:ok Calim Gorn:Collect as many as possible Geralt:i have 5 now DM:Tehdcnicalyl you’re suppsoed to reset em to 1 each mission but I kinda prefer to just let em build and not do that. Calim Gorn:lol damn Can I have some? lol DM:I may reset if there’s a long pause, but like.. there’s usually not distinct mission separations in this agme anyway this campaign anyway heh. Hachikomaru:yeah G is a hero point prepper waiting for the hero apocalypse Calim Gorn:lol Geralt:yeppers never know when Geralt going to have to go all Rambo DM:Alright so up to you guys if you wantt to proceed now or wait till next week. guess I’ll say Hachi passed away during the night or something… unless someone wants to shoot him. :P Calim Gorn:lol DM:Calim is the only one with a gun, so you basically have to take him out back and shoot him Geralt:haha, can’t just retire him back home Calim Gorn:He chased a lightning carriage and got dragged out of town Hachikomaru:yeah i was just gonna say he’s in mokoro for a bit till i decide between the two DM:Yeah guess we’ll just say he wasn’t feeling good and left on an airship Hachikomaru:got destimper DM:He’s like fuck this man, my head hurts, I can still feel the place where my brain got crushed Calim Gorn:lol Hachikomaru:well actually i dont think the brain has nerves DM:He’s a super dog, his brain does have nerves. Hachikomaru:thats why theyre able to do brain surgery on awake fucks Calim Gorn:Yeah it doesn’t, you won’t feel injury to the brain itself Hachikomaru:duel between him and krypto? DM:lol yeah. krypto is broken as fuck think he’d probably win Hachikomaru:krypotonite claws, they glow green for a reason Calim Gorn:But yeah I’m thinking we need to get an actual Templar down here for backup unless we can find some kind of documentation that proves that Adron is purposely confining Earth Demons and using them for energy DM:Yeah you could elect to just call back to the sunlord and ask for backup or even take an airship Calim Gorn:Just going in there and wrecking his shit I dunno if that’ll really prove anything since he could make up some story about them happening to attack Hachikomaru:tho i think superman sucks against magic, shezam dude always kicks his ass captain marvel or whatever his name is its like his impervious gets breached by magic or some shit i dunno anyways DM:heh yeah true. Geralt:Didn’t know he was actually magical, just the magic word transformed him DM:So maybe Hachi could take him. Though the superspeed could be nasty. Calim Gorn:Heh could we send a message back to Aylanae with Hachi? Since he’s leaving anyway? Have him report to the Sunlord directly and include this latest thing that Geralt found? Hachikomaru:yeah captain marvel is DM:Yeah you could send him back with a message Calim Gorn:Then he gets his headache and goes back to Makoro DM:guess I’d let you do that Hachikomaru:he’s basically magic power sourced superman he gets his powers from the seals of solomon via some wizard dude Calim Gorn:Yeah I’d say do that then DM:What did hachi want to say specifically? Calim Gorn:That way if she wants to send someone back it just looks like a routine replacement for Hachi Hachikomaru:to the sunlord? or you the group DM:the sunlord Hachikomaru:whatever they want him to i reckon i mean he doesnt know what happened anyways, so theyd have to brief him DM:I’m gonna call on Sef’s complication… Whatever message you sent him with gets translated to “Timmy is trapped down a well” Geralt:via H&V, vol 1… “The letters of the wizard Shazam’s name stand for the elders who grant Captain Marvel his power: the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles, and the speed of Mercury. Captain Marvel is indeed the World’s Mightiest Mortal, a rival to Superman in terms of strength, speed, and durability. Given the magical nature of his powers, the good Captain has even been able to best the Man of Steel on occasion, although the two are otherwise evenly matched.” PL15 Calim Gorn:You can report to her on what we deduced at the event, that Angelus is the masked Imbued who was in the tunnels when we encountered the Earth Demons, and that the spear he was using is the same as one of the weapons Adron demonstrated at the event, and then you can also report that Geralt has made a strange discovery where Earth Demons appear to have been captured and are being kept prisoner in one of Adron’s facilities And Alyssa is plying Adron for more information while we’re wondering if we should bust open the facility and expose the Earth Demon presence Hachikomaru:yeah he usually beats him with the lightning bolt irc DM:heh okay, so I guess you’re just gonna wait to attack the warehouse your found… I guess we’l stop for tonight and let Alyssa dop her thing Calim Gorn:Yeah I mean, if we’re gonna go in hot then I figure it’s best to have Templar blessing, heh Plus doing that may mess up whatever Alyssa is doing DM:lol. Geralt:right, we want to be acting in accord with directives DM:alright we’ll resume this enxt week then Geralt:Black Adam is PL16
View
Session Log 16

Calim Gorn:So on a scale of 1 to “make new characters now” how boned are we tonight?
DM:lol.
well has Sef updated his char yet? lol
Or is he still PL 6?
Calim Gorn:lol beats the fuck out of me
If he hasn’t sent you anything then I’m gonna guess no
DM:lol
Magietch Soldier:Magietch Soldier Attacks! (Ranged, 5, rank 5 Damage)Roll Result: 16 (11) Effect Rank: 5
Garrion:i wouldn’t hold your breath
DM:Magitech Soldier gains a hero point.
Magitech Soldier refreshes Luck points.
Magitech Soldier:Magitech Soldier Attacks! (Close, +5, rank 5 Damage)Roll Result: 14 (9) Effect Rank: 5
Calim Gorn:Well they got one badass amongst them at least
DM:nah I was just testing something
Adjusting macros so NPCs can use hero/luck easier
since before I just had it as PC only
Calim Gorn:Ah, heh
Herlock:if we all die
can i be arielle
DM:heh, well I mean I’ll probably restart you guys as members of the next band. Hopefully you all wont die though…
Herlock:if we all die i am saying we play pathfinder
DM:that’d be a possibility too heh.
Or Savage Worlds. :P
okay that seems to be working okay.
Herlock:can i teleport to home
DM:heh not to home probably… you could try to get to the surface, of course concentrations of Nuumian have been known to be able to thwart teleportaton so it’s not necessarily a given…
Herlock:i’m not good in a fight
DM:Generally it’s tough to teleport ifyou’re blocked off. underground.
Herlock:star trek can do it
Calim Gorn:Heh, we ain’t planning to fight anyway, we’re planning to run the fuck away
Herlock:i cant believe my husband died in the cave in
DM:Well if you want to use star trek just replace “atmospheric ionization” with “enhanced Nuumian levels” :P
Herlock:take a shuttle craft
all should be playing that hit new game … dishonored 2
i’m going to mercy ghost the entire game
Calim Gorn:I’m going total opposite right now
Playing Emily with High Chaos
They will all die
Hey Sef
Sefiros:hey
oh yeah T lemme send you my sheet, dont think i ever did
its in the token but dont think i sent it to you
anyways im ready whenever
Calim Gorn:Same here, ready to go
Sefiros:btw, was fixing my stats on the token, do i use the basic editor or advanced?
needed to update a few values
Calim Gorn:Just basic
Sefiros:alright its fixed
DM:yeah you never sent me the sheet yet heh.
Sefiros:you get it?
im’ed u the link
dont think i can close browser till you DL it, so lemme know
DM:Yeah I got it.
Sefiros:ok
DM:yeah everyone make sure your tokens are in order
before I copy them over
Sefiros:nothing worth looking over,its same as PL6 just updated higher values
nothing new per say
DM:you upgrade the dog form too?
Sefiros:no i actually need to do that, but it shouldnt take just a sec, we can proceed, dont plan on transforming anyways
i can prolly update it in a min, its alot simpler than the human
DM:yeah you don’t have the room down here anyway.
Sefiros:yeah
DM:alright just be awareyou’ll be usnig the old stats for it until you formally update it.
Assuming you use it
Sefiros:yeah thats fine, i’ll prolly update it while we play if we have a slow spot where im not involved heavily
shouldnt take just a sec to do it
its just a brick pretty much
anywats
DM:Also i did update the house rules a bit. The main change being that I changed how NPCs use luck/hero points. I went with a bit more standardized rule.
Sefiros:guess i should have 2 tokens actually
since the token stats are diff
can i slap my own down, or do you need to do it?
I’ll do that
DM:yeah that’d probably be easiest to have two tokens.
Yeah you can put down your own
just make sure to target it correctly
so it’s not in the void
Sefiros:ok I’ll slap one down during a slow spot
no use boggging stuff down right now
need to grab a copy of tokentool, while im at it, aint used it in while, not sure if i have a copy on this rig
anyways proceed
DM:you using herlocks comp?
Sefiros:nah
Calim Gorn:lol don’t think he ever sent it
Sefiros:he aint sent it yet
i just mean i aint used tokentool since i got the laptop
so not sure if i have a copy on here, was DL’ing it right now
faster than digging through folders to see if i even have it on here
anyways let’s go, im ready
DM:Just to get the knowledge stuff out of the way first.. I’m gonna call for a a knowledge (any magic skill) and Geralt can roll his monster lore knowledge as well.
Sefiros:all i got in mokoro, so i dont think that covers this
DM:Alyssa can use her magic skill as well.
And if anyone has knwoldge (religion) you can roll that too.
Herlock:oh sorry i didnt know we started
Geralt:((did you know they making an Assassin’s Creed movie?))
Calim Gorn:Yeah I heard about that, heh
Herlock:it releases in like december
DM:heh. well tehy made two hitman movies so why not.
Herlock:its almost in theaters
michael fassbender
DM:And the warcraft movie too
Herlock:china loved that movie
DM:lol It was basically a shittier version of LotR.
Herlock:did you see my elven magic roll
did it do anything
DM:Yeah I saw it .
Herlock:ok
DM:I’m gonna get to the resultsof your roll heh.
one sec just making last minute preparations heh.
Calim Gorn:I have the “rocks that move are probably Earth Demons” skill
DM:okay.. so… last time we left off…
You were in that tunnel that’s 60 feet down with 4 magitech soldiers with no markings, the tunnel continues at about a 30 degree slope down into the earth… but there’s a shaft that you originalyl had to go down.
You’re around the base of the shaft… when all of a sudden everything starts to rumble and shake..
Geralt:yeah, we retreating back to the hole
Calim Gorn:Pretty sure we saw an Earth Demon grab a dude
Alyssa Toress:yeah
we did
DM:The shaft above rapidly starts to cave in and a stony hand reaches out from the wall grabbing one of the magitech solders and slamming him against the wall.
Alyssa Toress:i am gonna head for the exit
sorry love
Calim Gorn:lol yeah, running like hell
Heh, I can probably outrun you lol
Alyssa Toress:whatever
DM:Gonna do an init roll for everyone after I do the initial attack.
Alyssa Toress:can i spend a hero point ot not be in the hole
Calim Gorn:I knew I should have taken Wall Running
DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) Roll Result: 21 ( natural:17 , Save DC:24 ) Magitech Soldier 4 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
One of the soldiers gets dropped by the intiial attack
Alyssa Toress:(tab of sef how does earth rot work if i am touched am i fucked or do ihave to get really messed up by it for it to take effect)
(is it an on contact poison?)
Calim Gorn:(Depends on the severity of the injury, if you get hit you’ll probably have to make a Fort Save)
(Just touching ‘em I don’t think will do it but if they injure you then yeah you’ll probably get it)
DM:The stony being is partially out of the wall so it will be a bit difficult to hit though attacks will be possible.. I’m rolling init…
Alyssa Toress:so dodge > toughness > if wound > fort
Calim Gorn:Damn I rolled like a 2 for init
Also I don’t see the map or whatever if we’re on one
Alyssa Toress:discrition is the better part of valor so i am going to run away at high speed
back towards the surface
DM:Alyssa is first… she can see stones and dirt starting to collapse behind her as the shaft is collapsing, clearl the work of magic.. her own knowledge of elven magic can tell her that the ability to phase through rock as this creature seems capable of is something known only to Nuumian based magics….
Alyssa Toress:shaft collapse is the number 1 killer among men
Calim Gorn:Are we on a separate battle map? I can’t see the init count or anything
DM:Well the only way out (taht you know of) is in the process of coming down and collapsing…
Oh shit lol
I never made the map visible
Calim Gorn:lol
That’s better
DM:Yeah that would totally help. :P
Alyssa Toress:i dont see me
i cant see me
okay which way is out
top?
Calim Gorn:Yeah, where all those rocks are blocking everything off
DM:To the north. heh If you want to use your darkvision spell I can let you see in the dark, it’s dark save for the soldiers lights they’re carrying.
Alyssa Toress:well i just see black i dont see rocvks
Geralt:so the way out is collapsed now?
Alyssa Toress:i dont think i have dark vision anymore
DM:Behind you is basicalyl all collapsing… It’s in the process, so it’d be highly dangers to try to fly up there (you could of course)
If you got super strength and flight you might be able to supermann your way through.
Before it fully comes down.
Sefiros:alright token is fully done
Alyssa Toress:i dont
Sefiros:you can copy this one back over to the room
Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna attack the rock monster
DM:You could risk a teleportation of course it may not work…
Sefiros:I’ll do up the dog one later
Calim Gorn:Well so much for running
Alyssa Toress:i cant see tab
T didnt ask if we had lights last time
Geralt:calim is beside me
Alyssa Toress:and now suddenly we are supposed to have lights
DM:heh… well you can jsut put up your spell to see in the dark.
Alyssa Toress:i dont have that spell
DM:before you had some light from the shaft itself
Alyssa Toress:it was an old character
DM:but that’s getting blocked off
Calim Gorn:Sounds like it’s time to Power Stunt something, lol
Though I dunno if that’d last the whole encounter
DM:The version I has seems to say you’ve got darkvision on your scrying thing.
Alyssa Toress:i dont even have scrying anymore
DM:Well you could fire random lightning bolts.
that’ll give you light lol at least flashes of it
oh don’t think I have your latest then
Alyssa Toress:okay i’ll fire off fireballs
Calim Gorn:Can he spend a Hero Point to have a light source of some kind with him?
DM:lemme see…
Alyssa Toress:can i spend a hero point for a lamp
yeah i havent sent you my latest
DM:sure.
you can spend a hero point and say you had a lightning lamp on you
Just improvised gear type thing.
Calim Gorn:Yeah see this is why I have Darkvision lol
Alyssa Toress:http://www.filedropper.com/alyssatoressgraduated
Herlock:can you add light to me
okay i did it
so the entire tunnel is collapsed
DM:It’s currently in the process of collapsing.
Lots of stones and dirt starting to fall.
Herlock:can i try a combination of flying and teleporting my way thru it safely
like a goku flash
boom i avoid a rock
keep the teleports short range dont try to go to the entire surface at once
to minimize complications
DM:You could try it. Though I mean you’ve got a lot to dodge and it’s difficult to see all that’s coming up at you since there’s clouds of dirt and such forming up there froma ll the dirt getting disturbed.
Herlock:eh whatever i’ll do it
DM:But you could try to rush up to the top and hope for the best.
Alright. lemme see what your fligght speed is…
Herlock:1
DM:okay and what magic powers you gonna have active right now?
Teleport I assume, plus what else?
Herlock:my toughness, my fort, my ref, my teleport
DM:ok
I’m gonna give you a dodge roll first though, you’ll be treated as vulnerable agaisnt this… since you can’t really see what you’re dodging very well (so use half dodge rounded down)
Sefiros:(dont mean to sidetrek, was just curious, what token size do yall use, 128 vs 256, when selecting the base in token tool)
DM:actually you got 0 dodge apparently..
so that won’t be too mcuh of a factor.
Herlock:my dodge is 0
Sefiros:0?
damn
DM:well just roll a vanilal d20
Sefiros:juggernaut
Calim Gorn:He maxed Toughness, heh
Sefiros:yeah i forgot, 0/16 lol
i didnt even think T would allow a total dump
Herlock:its legal in the rules
Sefiros:since i remember the book even saying it was shady :-p
yeah its just the book was bitching about more than a 50% diff or osme shit one time
so i was surprised T allowed it :-p
DM:Well Imean I’ll allow it, but like I treat that as blatnatly obvious to the monsters who are basically gonna almost always whore anti-dodge shit against you.
Sefiros:actually for PL8
what would that recommended 50% diff it mentions be
Herlock:can we discuss it later
Sefiros:12/4?
4/12?
like that?
Calim Gorn:Yeah probably something like that
Sefiros:yeah i suck with math, anyways
DM:Alyssa tries to get out but is struck by a hail of oncoming stones…
Sefiros:was just curious, since i wanted to know what a “uber shift” by book standards was
Herlock:can i try to toughness through it
DM:Give me a toughness check for Alyssa. and also a straight strength roll (1d20
str) you can use your flight rank in place of str as well there if you’d like.
Herlock:hero point that
Sefiros:what you use anyways? like protection with sustained, ie forcefield?
or are you like the juggernaut or superman skin?
Herlock:great
Calim Gorn:lol wow
DM:heh that well that’ll be a 12.
you also need to make a toughness cehck.
okay I’ll get to what happens to you in a second… since all the PCs see is you flying inot the dust cloud, want to give them a chance to try to escape if they wish as well…
*****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
Calim Gorn:lol
DM:Geralt is up.. he sees Alyssa take off into the dust cloud as the thing starts to collapse and as he examines the creature in the rock Geralt notices it has a pair of ruby-liek eyes… his monster lore odoesn’t recognize ita s a “common” earth demon according ot his lore.
Geralt:ok, so just to make sure i have it straight, the way out (top of screen) is collapsing and the lower path goes deeper?
DM:Though it is almost certainly some form of earth demon…
Calim Gorn:Yeah more or less
DM:Yeah the lower paths lopes downward.
And the area to the north is essentially a shaft that goes up 60 feet, though the shaft is collapsing as the magic that held it in place has been released…
Geralt:well i know i can’t get out that way
DM:It hasn’t fully came down yet, but lots of stones and dirt are falling down to close the hole.
Calim Gorn:And Alyssa is trying to fly up it
Geralt:but i have to climb, my character would know that is fruitless?
i can’t super jump or fly
Calim Gorn:Yeah probably not great odds anyway
DM:Climbing it pretty much wouldn’t work since the thing is collapsing. So you wont’ have much to grab onto.
Since all your hand holds are giving way.
Sefiros:our orders were to specifically not engage werent they? just asking for the record
Calim Gorn:Yes
But when our only exit is collapsed and the only other path has an Earth Demon in front of it…
Sefiros:yeah i hear ya
Geralt:“Our exit is collapsing. Looks like we have only 1 way to go.”
no AoA in this right?
Calim Gorn:Don’t think so
Sefiros:well we could try to clear the rubble, but hard to do with demons trying to kill us
Calim Gorn:But it can try to stop you from passing if it wants
Sefiros:i got a high lifting strength
DM:Yeah. if it’s free it could potenitally move to intercept though. right now it’s pretty distracted killing that other guy.
Calim Gorn:Yeah I can lift too, I got Ogre Gauntlets
Sefiros:well i meant like tons
DM:It’s not fully out of the wall so you could probably get past it.
Sefiros:i think i got like 12 str for lifting
Calim Gorn:But yeah not really able to clear a bunch of rocks when Earth Demons are trying to kill us
DM:just going to double move?
Geralt:ok, well i move past it, we know there are others down here
Sefiros:rank 12 says 100 tons
DM:Yeah the soldiers commander you know is down tehre, remember he was talking to someone, so at least one other is here if not others.
Geralt:other soldiers that is
*****Start of Magitech Soldier 1’s Turn*****
Sefiros:but still hard to do with demons on us
so prolly gonna have to fight em either way it looks like
Calim Gorn:Well you could dig while we try to keep the demons back, lol
DM:huh I see you got 3 strength.
Sefiros:where? its like 5, with power lifting 7
DM:oh way I was still using the old one…
Sefiros:i dunno what you’re looking at
DM:IO didn’t copy your new stat block to your token
Sefiros:i did
oh ok
ok lemme copy it over to this combat one
guess you moved it before it got pasted
DM:Yeah.
Sefiros:i had it pasted in the old one
DM:Copy paste the notes section.
Sefiros:anyways use this one, it has new stats, new pic, new everything
so dont delete it after battle
copy it back over
DM:alright you’ll have to remind me, I usually don’t copy the battle tokesn back.
Sefiros:well i thought you’d copied the one i edited over
Magitech Soldier 1:“It’s the earth demons! They’re trying to bury us!”
Sefiros:but apparently now
i had edited the one in the room
this one doesnt have the updated stats for some reason
anyways I’ll update it
DM:The first soldier backs away drawing out some knid of high-tech looking magitech weapon. anyone trained in technology can make a tech check to ID it.
Magitech Soldier 1:Fort save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 7) Roll Result: 25 ( natural:14 , Save DC:22 ) Stone man 1 -—- Success
Sefiros:alright, its fixed
saved it offline just incase
you forget to copy later
DM:Calim can tell it’s not a standard issue weapon… definitely some peice of custom tech, probably cutting edtge.. from the look of it, it’s simialr to an Aeal cannon, but seems to fire a prolonged white Aela beam.
Calim Gorn:Nice
DM:It’s striking the stone thing, though doesn’t seem to affect the dirt around it… so you think it’s likely something designed to disrupt its Nuumian essence…
*****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
Calim Gorn:Crap, another one
DM:The shaft basically fully seals at this point… and the corridor is filled with a large dust cloud making it difficult to see (those who are able to sense via other means like hearing may be okay, but you’re effectively blind in the cloud this round)
Sefiros:alright i did it myself T, copied over the old one in training room and deleted it
so we’re good
Calim Gorn:“Shit… Alyssa!”
Herlock:find out on the next episode of …. did i make it out
or am i making a new character
*****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
DM:You can’t really see what happened to Alyssa yet, at least until the dust clears, unless youv’e got other senses.
Sefiros:Is it still in the process of collapsing, or is it done?
Calim Gorn:It’s done
DM:Though a lot of other senses may be clouded right now too, since the dirt kinda makes it tough to use the nose to smell and such
It’s done now, so it’s sealed.
Sefiros:Hmm
Magitech Soldier 1:Stone man 1 gains a hero point. , Stone man 2 gains a hero point.
Calim Gorn:lol what the hell
Sefiros:I’ll start trying to dig through the rubble and see if i can “save” her, while the others deal with the mooks ahead.
so spend my action frantically trying to find her
“Princess!”
*****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
DM:okay, the dust is clogging up your nostils making it tough to smell… though I will give you a perceptioon check basically from you feeling around and such.
Hachikomaru:i got decent hearing as well if that may help
DM:You reach outt and feel one of Alyssa’s hands sticking out of the big pile of rock… she’s been buried under there!
And is going to need some definite help to get out.
Calim Gorn:lol
Hachikomaru:can i smell blood any? like she’s been totally pulverized
you’d figure it’d be a blood smelling smoothie
DM:She seems to still be moving though… although she can’t move hardly at all.
Hachikomaru:“Hold on.”
DM:And air is at a premium.. since her head is stuck, but her defense barrier fortunately absorbed the impact probably…
The stone man goes for the soldiers, seemingly ignoring Geralt who is going deeper down… It moves over towards one of the nearest soldiers, as you watch its stony hand reshape itself into a metallic looking blade….
Herlock:bah just let me know
die
Calim Gorn:Stop being an emo kid and get out of there
DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 12) Roll Result: 18 ( natural:14 , Save DC:27 ) Magitech Soldier 2 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
The soldier gets impailed by the metallic spike as the ruby-eyed stone demon lifts him up into the air and using his free hand punches through his jaw and into his skull in a hail of gore.
Calim Gorn:lol, damn
DM:It speaks a single word in an incredibly deep voice… in a language you can’t udnerstand… Geralt’s monster lore would liekly recognize t as something that sounds like Vorr, the langauge of earth demons.
*****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
DM:Remember you’re basically blind in the dirt cloud, basically onyl Geralt saw that
Calim Gorn:“Geralt! Where are you going? Alyssa’s been caught under the collapse!”
DM:Calim did hear some screams though.

  • Calim Gorn goes to help Hachikomaru dig Alyssa out
    Hachikomaru:“Guard the rear, I’ll save her.”
    DM:heh okay… I mean you can’t see a damn thing where she is. so your’e basically feeling around and such
    Remember there’s a huge dust cloud in the corridor right now
    Calim Gorn:Hmm, oh yeah
    All right well if I can’t see anything I guess I’ll just hang back away from where I know the Earth Demon is, how far does the dust cloud extend?
    Like am I out of it right there?
    DM:Nah you’re still in it, you can’t tell exactly how far it goes… though you can try to mvoe south until you’re out of it.
    it’s a little clearer there, though your vision is just heaviyl obscured tehre.
    So it’s like a 5 to seeing shit or using vision for stuff.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, all right well I’ll take up a defensive position there I guess
    DM:okay you go full defense.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 2’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Full Defense yeah
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 3’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:“You bastards, what have you done…”
    DM:The soldier backpedals, a look of horror on his face as he reaches for a grenade and tosses it..
    Calim Gorn:lol he used will to make a dodge?
    DM:The grenade explodes with a rush of air, and momentary burst of white Aela…
    Actually he’s gonna use his hero point on that…
    Stone man 1:Stone man 1 spends a Hero Point for : Reroll
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 13 ( natural:6 , Save DC:16 ) Stone man 1 -
    —— Failure by 1 degrees
    The Aela burst seems to slow him a bit… staggering him a little and the presurrized burst clears a bit of the dust cloud ahead… though Calim nd the others weren’t close enough to really benefit mcuh from that…
    Calim’s vision is abit clearer but it does concentrate the cloud on hachi.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:Alyssa is currently buried with 1 wound from the barrage of rocks, she’s mostly safe but basicalyl currently unable to move since she’s covered by rocks and rubble, also breathing is difficult at best.. though she did at least take a breath before entering the debris.
    So suffocation isn’t an immediate concern, thuogh her air is limited… though her predicament does make spellcasting impossible…
    She does feel someone grabbing her hand though, the only part of her sticking out from underneath the rock… the weight of the rock continues to bear down on her, though her shield remains up at least.. taking most of the curshing weight…
    You can try a strength roll to try to escape, kinda your only real option at the moment given your powers are all spellcasting basically.
    Hachikomaru:ah so she has sustained protection, like a barrier/forcefield? i wasnt sure
    DM:And you can’t reallys peak or move your arms engouh to cast anything
    Hachikomaru:if she goes Ko’ed will that basically kill her under the weight?
    if her barrier collapses?
    DM:She won’t be in good shape…
    Hachikomaru:i wasnt sure if she was just tough like superman so it wouldnt matter
    Calim Gorn:lol damn
    DM:Alyssa struggles in vain.
    You’ll also have to make another toughness echeck against the crushing weight of the rocks.
    Also give yourself one wound from the initial roll as well.
    ALyssa escapes anymore damage.. for now…
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    DM:Give me a perc check for Geralt btw.
    Geralt:ok, do i see the others, i mean with the dust and all?
    Calim Gorn:You might be able to see me maybe
    Hachikomaru:hes got accurate hearing i think
    Geralt:yes i do
    DM:Calim is petty much obscured by the cloud, however your accurate hearing can place Hachi and Calim as well as all the otehrs jsut on the noise they’re making.
    Geralt:extended and accurate
    DM:Geralt can also hear some more footsteps coming towards him down the tunnel as well.. about 100 feet away.
    And it sounds like 5 seperate beings, roughly mansized.
    Geralt:well probably soldiers since making steps
    Hachikomaru:i got extended as well
    tho not enough pts for accurate yet, its on my list tho
    dogs have good ears afterall heh
    Geralt:“Move your asses! We have incoming.”
    Hachikomaru:“We’re backed into a proverbial corner here!”
    Calim Gorn:“We can’t leave Alyssa! She’s buried and can’t get out!”
    Herlock:oh well
    Geralt:What is the stone man doing?
    DM:During his last action he just crushed one of the soldiers skulls after impaling him…
    Geralt:can she TP past the minimal amount of stone?
    Calim Gorn:No
    She can’t spellcast
    Hachikomaru:“Do what you have to do, escape and tell the others, or fight, but I won’t abandon her.”
    Calim Gorn:She’s totally pinned
    DM:The stone being seems unconscerned with Geralt for now
    Going at the soldiers who threw a greande and shot at it.
  • Geralt will delay and wait for the others.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 1’s Turn*****
    DM:The lead soldier aims his rifle… steppnig up a bit boldy.. so as not to have his vision obscured.
    Though he misses the stony being in his panic…. perhaps some of the dust still in his eyes…
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:lol crap
    DM:Another stony being with the same rubylike eyes emerges from the wall… grabbing at the soldier nearest to Calim…
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) Roll Result: 6 ( natural:2 , Save DC:24 ) Magitech Soldier 3 -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    Calim Gorn:lol splat
    DM:It reaches out grabbing him by the throat and shaking him about like a rag doll…. you hear his neck snap as it tosses his lifeless corpse against the wall…
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:The dust cloud is starting to subside but still makes vision very difficult (-5 to anything requiring sight).
    Though Hachi has at least located Alyssa…buried as she is… I assume she’s not making noise to conserve her air but her hand is moving.
    She’s struggling, though against that much rock, you don’t think she has a hell of a lot of a chance of getting out.
    Calim Gorn:Dig, boy! Dig!
    DM:Indeed…. someone is trapped in what could e described as a well-like structure… Hachi’s time has come.
    Calim Gorn:Hahaha
    Hachikomaru:dig dug, feels like that game
    so does it look like itd be easier to dig her out some more first, or just to try and yank her out?
    DM:Hachi could just dig with his claws regularly, and try to clear some of the dirt off her, I’ll also let him use his acid to benefit the digging as well… though that’ll have a possibility of damaging Alyssa…
    Geralt:((on a side note did you guys see that trailer i sent link to? Apparently older one but i had not seen. Was pretty damn good.))
    DM:You could try to yank her out, though it wouldn proably not be a pleasant expeirence for her… you’d probably break her arm or something.. lol.
    Hachikomaru:its like totally pulverized rock/dirt?
    i was thinking it was large boulders the main problem
    DM:There are large rocks in there.
    But there’s a lot of dirt and small stones too
    It’s a mix of stuff.
    Calim Gorn:(Yeah I saw the trailer, pretty interesting)
    DM:And she’s got a lot of dirt on ttop of her.
    Hachikomaru:alright, I’ll spend a HP for extraordinary effort for extra action
    and dig dig dig
    or dig dig yank
    DM:You want to try acid dig her out? Or just regular claws?
    Hachikomaru:hmmm
    thats a tough choice since i dont know how injured she is
    Guess i
    try and use my corrosives to make things go faster
    Calim Gorn:She can take it
    Hachikomaru:time seems to be the biggest issue
    DM:The acid is effective at eating through the dirt…. dissolving a lot of the small stones and loose dirt almost instantly and even eating away the larger rocks… however… Alyssa must make a toughness roll.
    Hachikomaru:I did spend an HP, if you missed that bit
    DM:Since the corrosive energies also affect her too…
    Hachikomaru:for an extra action
    DM:ok
    Hachikomaru:i forget what thats called
    but i know you can gain another turn or standard, i forget
    DM:And give me an athletics check Sef for your digging, I’ll give you a +10 to it cause of the acid.
    It’s another standard.
    And Helrock give me a toughness roll to reisst Sef’s acid./
    Hachikomaru:luckily i have +10 to athletics base
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    Hachikomaru:throw some baking soda on her
    DM:okay it’ll be damage 6 damage so Alyssa will be okay barely.
    Hachi digs her out… gettnig enough of her clear to whee you can pull her out and I’ll say with your bonus action basicalyl you drag her out and put her back on her feet.
    And puts your count at saving people from well-related accidents at 1.
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    Herlock:does sef get a hero point
    Calim Gorn:Is the rest of the shaft still stuffed with debris or has he cleared like a path out?
    Herlock:also god damn i go to attack them and tab is like so much for fleeing
    DM:I’m gonna give him one at the end of the scene probably. heh.
    Herlock:so i try to flee and boom
    i am never listehning to the group again
    DM:He didn’t clear the whole shaft he dug Alyssa out… I meanit’s still blocked but he could try to work at cutting at the ceiling there
    Calim Gorn:lol
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:well i think last session you were the one who said to flee :-p
    Calim Gorn:Yeah we were all gonna flee
    Herlock:that was before the tunnel collapsed
    Calim Gorn:But then collapse happened
    Hachikomaru:haha yeah luckily im good at burying my bones for safekeeping
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 7 ( natural:3 , Save DC:25 ) Magitech Soldier 1 -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    The stone man impales the other soldier brutally with his blade… jabbing it through his mithral battle armor….
    He speaks something else in the deep voice that sounds as though it bears a bit of anger perhaps…
    Hachikomaru:“You had me worried, though it isn’t looking much better.”
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn stays on full defense as he backs up a few steps…
  • Hachikomaru quips to Aylssa as he gets her to her feet.
    DM:You gonna back away into the dust cloud?
    Calim Gorn:lol well where the fuck is it
    I can’t see it on the map
    Will back up to the edge of it then
    DM:That’s the lighter cloud there.
    Like there’s a light cloud and a thicker one the closer you get to the center
    Calim Gorn:“Creature, we are not part of whatever these men have done. We have no quarrel with you today. Allow us to leave and we will not trouble you.”
    Full defense
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 7’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Herlock:full defense
    DM:Alright Alyssa is standing thanks to Hachi getting her out of there and fully able to do stuff with only minor wounds.
    okay.
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    DM:Geralt can hear the footsteps getting closer btw….
    And can see some light sources down the tunnel as well…. it’s 5 more soldiers…
    One of the carries a spear though, and has his face covered.
    Calim Gorn:Oh, it’s that asshole
    Man of Mystery:“It’s good you arrived when you did…. we’re going to need your help if we’re going to get out of here alive.”
    (that was directed at Geralt)
    Geralt:""More soldiers are coming. Get out of there."
    DM:He speaks with an almost emotionless tone, but definiteyl a human one…
    Geralt:“You caused this mess. Give me a good reason why i shouldn’t just let them slaughter you.”
    DM:And it’s Geralt’s turn. Frmo the look of the soldiers they seem to be moving rather rapidly up the sloped passage.
    Man of Mystery:“After they’re done with me. You’re next.”
    Geralt:“Unless we’re not here. What is below, your bomb?”
    let me know when my dialog limit is excveeded
    DM:Alright I’m gonna call for Geralt to take actions, you don’t really have time to have a full conversation unles you want to use your whole action to converse… but these guys are hauling ass.
    Yeah heh… only a coupel lines for now… you can continue on subsequent rounds.
    Geralt:We’ll i’m not engaging. We were instructed not to."
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 8’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:(Yeah that’s why I’m full defensing, heh)
    (Hopefully the Earth Demons recognize we aren’t a threat and just wipe out the other guys and leave)
  • Geralt goes full defense and waits
    DM:The soldier hauls ass.. it’s difficult terrain going towards the hole (since it’s going uphill), so half speed.
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    DM:So does Calim not want to have a weapon drawn or anything? you’re just gonna try to look totally passive?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’m leaving weapons away for now, just full defending and like ready to dodge or leap back if they attack me
    DM:heh okay.
    The stone man eyes you with his ruby eyes… the things seeming to glow momentarily perhaps itts deciding if it wants to attack…
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:where did the soldier haul ass to? towards us, or away down that passage?
    Calim Gorn:They’re coming towards us
    DM:The masked man with the spear runs up the tunnel
    Hachikomaru:i know i dont see it, i was just confused by the way you worded it
    since you mentioned uphill/difficult terrain
    ok i see
    DM:He seems to move much faster than ordinary human… almost clearly an imbued…
    he moves past Gerlat… unelss Geralt wants to try to block him…
    Since he’s got to go right past you, I’ll let Geralt try to intercept him if he’d like.
    Hachikomaru:can geralt or anyone else sense imbued?
    from reg humans
    Calim Gorn:Nope
    DM:Don’t think anyone has sense AEla actually.
    Geralt:not blocking
    Hachikomaru:not sure if i can discern from scent alone, unless aela has a smell
    Geralt:we would just sense ourselves
    Hachikomaru:yeah its on my to do list, but dont have it yet
    DM:Well I mean it does have a scent of sorts in pure form, like form an Aela beam or grenade or what not, but generally you can’t smell an imbued just by that, since they keep the Aela internal.
    Hachikomaru:well it you have accurate you can pin point shit
    DM:Potentially if they’re badly injured you’ll smell it in the blood.
    The man rushes with his spear and attacks the earth demon.
    Hachikomaru:so if you had some kind of accurate aela sense, you could tell if he had it, etc
    Man of Mystery:“Fight you damned cowards. What kind of imbued are you?”
    Hachikomaru:“What kind are you?”
    DM:Yeah an Aela sense detects imbued unless you specifically choose to detect a specialized version of Aela.
    Man of Mystery gains a hero point.
    Hachikomaru:villian point you mean! :-p
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 15) Roll Result: 16 ( natural:3 , Save DC:30 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    He rushes at the stone creature, his spear penetrating into the creature… you can hear the spear hisses with some sort of mechanism as it releases some Aela on impact… apparently some kind of specialized weapon….
    The earth demon that had been delaying near Calim turns towards the new attacker
    As e rushes in trying to whack him with his stony fists….
    Though the spearman dodges with supernatural qucikness ducking under the earth demons’ fists.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 5’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 6’s Turn*****
    DM:His soldiers struggle wtih the tunnel.
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:The dust cloud still obscures Hachi and Alyssa… making it hard for them to see much… though it’s starting to clear…
    As soliders of the empire you’re suppsoed to help an Imbued in need, if indeed that’s what he is. of course you were given orders not to engage…
    Geralt:well we dont know he is embued
    DM:Though certainly tehy wouldn’t want you to stand idly by as earth demons murder a fellow soldier of the empire….
    Well you know he’s definiteyl some knid of supernatural. you’d kinda assuming imbued probably.
    Hachikomaru:“Identify yourself, if you want our help.”
    DM:Since he moves super fast.
    Hachikomaru:“You could be a Daelan rebel for all we know.”
  • Hachikomaru takes a defensive posture.
    Hachikomaru:full defense
    Man of Mystery:“I’m a soldier of Aylanae, now help me you fools.”
    DM:Also give me a perception cehck for Geralt and Hachi as well…
    Hachikomaru:“Undertaking covert operations, that we were unaware of, then.”
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
    DM:The stone demon takes a recovery….
    Geralt:great
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:“An explosion, or more demons are headed this way.”
    Calim Gorn:“You dredge up Earth Demons from the depths of Ronen and then get in trouble and expect us to bail you out? Damned fools. You’re endangering the entire continent! Whatever you’re doing here it’s certainly not on behalf of the empire!”
    Man of Mystery:“You can take me before the council once we get out of here.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hachi, keep digging, clear our exit. As for you, Soldier of Aylanae, I’ll hold you to that.”
    Hachikomaru:“Geralt?” he looks, expecting orders
    “What do you want to do?”
    DM:What’s Calim gonna do?
    Geralt:“We need to get out of here. A rock worm is coming.”
  • Calim Gorn pulls out his pistol and opens fire on the wounded Earth Demon
    Hachikomaru:“I’ll get on it.”
    Tabris:This is energy based damage
    Calim Gorn:Also it has multiattack
    Geralt:“We have no choice but to help this fool. But then he answers.”
    DM:heh wow… well taht’ll get you the full +5.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    11 damage then
    Man of Mystery:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 11) Roll Result: 11 ( natural:1 , Save DC:26 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    DM:Calim staggers the creature again firing a white Alea blast into its stony body as it yells out in pain… its mouth opening to reveal a blueish glow…
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 7’s Turn*****
    Magitech Soldier 7:“A rockworm!?”
  • Magitech Soldier 7 rties to redouble his efforts running.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Herlock:okay
    unlimited blade works on the golem
    or demon
    or hwatever
    thats probably messed up
    DM:that’s a melee attack rightt?
    Herlock:why is it effect rank 7?
    DM:So you’re gonna close with it and attack?
    Herlock:yes
    DM:well you ddi accurate attack 2
    Herlock:oh
    DM:so that reduces damage for a bonus to hit.
    Herlock:is that different from accurate 2
    DM:yeah.
    accurate attack is like reverse power attack
    Herlock:okay
    so it probably misses anyway
    DM:Yeah heh.
    Calim Gorn:The Accurate on your power just gives it plus to hit
    You don’t need to add that in on the roller
    Or if you do it should be like in the attack bonus section and not the Accurate Attack part
    DM:Alyssa comes at him with a conjured sword… though it raises its stony amr and deflects the Aela construct blade.
    Calim Gorn:That’s a separate maneuver
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    Herlock:that looks right maybe?
    Calim Gorn:Heh, Alyssa rushed up at them?
    Herlock:yeah
    i did
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:ok i considered power stunting my digging as a use of burrowing power, rules say Burrowing: Max speed capped at PL/4 (round up).
    DM:Yeah +6 to hit and effet rank 9.
    Hachikomaru:but burrowing reads as
    You can burrow through the ground, leaving a tunnel behind if you choose. You move through soil and sand at a speed rank equal to your Burrowing rank, minus 5.
    so how does that interact?
    Calim Gorn:Just keep using your Str and tossing rocks away, heh
    Hachikomaru:well it may be faster thats why im asking
    DM:You’d still be capped, since it’s a stunt thoguh you count your PL as 2 higher for purposes of detemrining the cap.
    Hachikomaru:i guess im asking when would the cap apply
    before the -5 to determine burrow speed or after
    DM:oh… it’s actually your max rank. before the -5.
    Calim Gorn:lol even at PL 10 he can only get like Burrowing 2 and he’d be moving at Speed -3
    DM:I should probably specify that.
    It is rounded up for the /4 ones too
    Hachikomaru:so i power stunt burrowing, for 9pts
    DM:So he could get burrow 3 wtih a stunt. burrow 2 regularly.
    Hachikomaru:would only be ablle to hit burrow burrowing 4
    then the -5 applies to that
    Calim Gorn:Well that’d be 15 ft per round if you can get it up to 4
    Hachikomaru:yeah just asking when the cap applies before or after the -5 deal
    DM:Well he can’t get it up to 4, he’s capped at 3.
    PL 10 / 4 rounded up
    Calim Gorn:Okay yeah that’s what I thought
    DM:Though it is a sustained thing so… he can potentially keep digging on future rounds and such.
    Hachikomaru:so itd be 3 minus 5?
    Calim Gorn:Yes
  • Geralt will engage
    DM:YYeah so you’d be at rank 2. which is like 7 or something. so to moves digs you 15 feet.
    Okay Geralt moves to attack one of them.
    Hachikomaru:where do you get -2?
    oh you mean total final mod
    DM:Yeah.
    Hachikomaru:sorry
    Calim Gorn:Yes
    Hachikomaru:yeah gotcha
    Calim Gorn:For your speed that you can move with Burrowing
    Hachikomaru:misunderstood
    DM:Geralt strikes one with his blade, cutting into the stony hide…
    Hachikomaru:nah i got it, i thought he was refering to -2 as the penalty, instead of the -5
    he meant final mod’ed speed
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    DM:However… the stony hide resists the blade (impervious toughness)
    Don’t think Geralts sword has any penetrating does it?
    Hachikomaru:-2 is 6’ per action on the ranks/measures
    Garrion:no
    but i do have my oil
    DM:Yeah eh. That’ll defintieyl help
    Calim Gorn:Yeah but if you’re double moving it basically goes up the next step on the chart
    Hachikomaru:so like 12’ i presume on double move then
    DM:I’ll let you do 15 in a double move.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 8’s Turn*****
    Garrion:applying that is a turn?
    Hachikomaru:oh? double move actually gives you a speed bump?
    Calim Gorn:Yes
    DM:I’d say it’s amove action to apply it.
    though youa lready moved this turn
    Hachikomaru:instead of two reg moves at reg rank?
    Calim Gorn:Each step up the chart is twice the speed anyway
    Hachikomaru:i see, never knew that
    Calim Gorn:So double move is the same thing
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:well it goes from 6, to 15
    Calim Gorn:It’s not exactly double at lower values
    Hachikomaru:so it aint a double in that instance
    Calim Gorn:Just go with it lol
    Hachikomaru:alright
    well i was wanting to know incase i use double move in the future heh
    DM:The earth demon concentrates… as the dirt walls animate to the right of Calim and Alyssa… trying to sweep them against the wall….
    Dodge saves by Calim and Alyssa needed.
    Calim Gorn:“Shit!”
    Heh I don’t see Herlock’s mini on the map at all
    DM:oh I made her visible only to herlock
    I’ll make her there again
    okay.. two failures… so you suffer the full rank of the area attack, now you have tomake another dodge resistance check… (it’s a double dodge thign)
    Hachikomaru:yeah i was about to say we cant see her heh
    Herlock:i think i failed
    Calim Gorn:lol awful rolls
    Herlock:i rolled a 5
    DM:you get a second one
    Calim Gorn:Yeah now roll again
    DM:the first was to see if you took half rank.
    This is actualyl to resist what it’s trying to do.
    Basically how any area power works is the first roll is save for half (always dodge), and the second is something else (though in this case it’s double dodge)
    So give me a second one. it’s an afflcition resist so wounds don’t hurt you
    Herlock:[1d20
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    Well if it’s an Affliction I beat rank 9…
    DM:Calim manages to dodge out of the way, fortunately not geting trapped ,.beyond some dirt on his clothes… Alyssa on the other hand….
    Disappears into the wall….
    Herlock:great
    DM:She’s also paralyzed…
    Calim Gorn:Heh damn
    DM:That’s a 3rd degree affliction.. so she’s kinda screwed unless someone saves her.
    Hachikomaru:im gonna break a nail digging people out
    Calim Gorn:“Alyssa!”
    Herlock:okay gonna go work on a new character
    Hachikomaru:so much for the toress heirs
    the queen better start having more daughters
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Well you’re not dead.
    Calim Gorn:Yet
    Hachikomaru:maybe they can cast a spell on verion
    DM:you’re basically out of the combat though until someone saves you. lol.
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:or toni stark is the next queen
    Calim Gorn:Hahaha
    DM:The spearman goes after the one that commanded the earth to bury Alyssa.
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:1 , Save DC:25 ) Stone man 2 -
    —— Failure by 3 degrees
    His high tech spear once again gives a burst of white Aela gas as it impacts… it’s tip also glowing a bit with Aela energy…
    As he badly wounds that earth demon
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 5’s Turn*****
    DM:Soldier 5 moves up.. getting into firing range…
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 6’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:The dust cloud has mostly cleared around Hachi now..
    Calim Gorn:Dig, boy! Find the bone!
    DM:so you’ve got only a -2 penalty minor visibility issues but nothing too major
    Hachikomaru:well i dont know whats happened to Alyssa, so i guess I’ll dig our escape
    otherwise he’d prolly go try and dig her out
    Calim Gorn:Wouldn’t he have seen that?
    DM:Heh okay, you gonna double move dig into the ceiling?
    Hachikomaru:i cant see shit from where im at i think
    just going off smell
    think theres still that dust cloud
    DM:Well you can see now actually it cleared out somewhat
    Hachikomaru:i cant even see my token
    DM:It’s onyl a modrate concealment
    Calim Gorn:He said it’s cleared now
    Hachikomaru:ah well be nice if i could select my token at least heh
    Calim Gorn:So did he see Alyssa get buried?
    Hachikomaru:cant see shit
    DM:oh.. that’s probably cause its dark
    and he just has low light and such
    Hachikomaru:well i seen it before
    DM:So you’re basically totally going by smell now… heh.
    Hachikomaru:it was only a turn or two ago it disappeared
    DM:yeah
    you know what it looks like.
    Gave you a brief flash of vision
    so you could see the terrain
    Hachikomaru:ok well dig away for our escape
    power stunt a burrow
    DM:actually i’ll just give you darkvision equvialent
    Hachikomaru:and dig like crazy
    DM:cause you can smell accurately
    so you’d see where peopel are mostly.
    Hachikomaru:I’ll take the fatigue
    Calim Gorn:lol so would he have smelled Alyssa suddenly get buried in the wall? =P
    DM:okay.
    Hachikomaru:so double move of burrowing, at rank -2
    lemme add fatigue to my token
    DM:Yeah he’d probably figuer out something like that happened heh.
    Hachikomaru:alright
    DM:okay hachi burrows up 15 feet.
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
    DM:It seems its getting a bit easier to dig…. the whole tunnel probably isn’t collapsed… so maybe another 15 feet will lead to open air perhaps…
    Calim Gorn:Shit
    DM:The stone man ignores Geralt seeing as his blade can’t really hurt him (yet anyway, he knows nothin of the oil)
    Calim Gorn:Spear dude hurt you a whole lot worse than I did!
    DM:And decides to pound the guy with the magitech gun. he hates magitech more anyway.
    He comes at Calim with his fist in the shape fo a blade.
    Calim Gorn:Whiff
  • Calim Gorn ducks just in time
    DM:Though Calim manages to evade the attack as the thing comes at him angrily… Calim’s gun shakes a bit in his hand…. almost as if an invisible force is slightly pulling at it, perhaps a minor magnetic effect of being near the wounded Earth demon and his Nuumian…
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    DM:At such close ranges it isn’t significant enoguh to actually give you a shot penalty.
  • Calim Gorn blasts the demon point blank while weaving back and forth to try to avoid its attacks
    Calim Gorn:Gonna use Defensive Attack 3
    And that has multi on it
    DM:heh interesting.. alright thatl’l be +5 damage…
    Calim Gorn:9 damage then
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) Roll Result: 22 ( natural:15 , Save DC:24 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Of course
    DM:The earth demon takes the blow but the big stony keeps coming..
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 7’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:does the +5 dmg bonus from multi count towards piercing impervious?
    Calim Gorn:No
    Hachikomaru:or you use the base rank?
    i see
    Calim Gorn:Base rank only
    DM:One of thes soldiers moves up but can’t get a clear shot.. so he just double moves…
    yeah base rank only.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:She’s out of combat, just skip her
    DM:actualyl wait your thing only has penetrating 4… so that lowers hisimpervious by 4.. actualyl he should stillb e imperviouos to you… I screwed up.
    Hachikomaru:always finds a way to miss the fight :-p
    Calim Gorn:Who are you talking to?
    DM:you. heh.
    Calim Gorn:I’m not using that mode
    I’m using the main mode
    With Variable 2
    And it’s set to energy type attack
    Pure Aela basically
    DM:oh okay… well I eman it’s still targets toughness.
    So I mean it’s actually still impervious to that heh.
    Calim Gorn:Well shit
    DM:We’ll say this attack did no damage, won’t take back your first shot that did the 3 degrees tho
    we’ll say that was a lucky shot to the eye
    Calim Gorn:lol
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:So it’s full Impervious and not just physical attacks
    DM:right.
    Calim Gorn:Great
    DM:It may have bettter resistance vs physical. but.. anything toughness based.
  • Garrion applies oil
    DM:okay move action puts on the oil.
    Garrion:and moves in to help Calim
  • Calim Gorn sees that his gun is ineffective and switches to his sword
    DM:okay you’ll take a 2 penalty to hhit casue you’re doing a charge
    Garrion:actually can’t do that and move
    DM:You could at a -2
    Calim Gorn:Take the -2
    Halp
    Garrion:ok, then will do that
    DM:in M&M you can “charge” at -2 to hit with melee that’s basically a move and attack as one action
    Calim Gorn:I love you Geralt
    Garrion:hey now, not sharing you with Alyssa
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Geralt comes behind it, the Earth demon turns its head towarsd Geralt for a moment, not considering him a legitimate threat… and expecting his blade to bounce off… however it doesnt this time…
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 25 ( natural:18 , Save DC:21 ) Stone man 1 -
    —— Success
    Calim Gorn:Oh come on
    DM:heh herolled a natural 18
    The blade does penetrate the creatures stony hide… but even then it’s rocky body doesn’t hae any of the internal organs you’d expect… what should have pierced its kidney… only penetrates some stone…. releasing some dust that glows a light blue color…
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 8’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    DM:The other one engages the spear man.
    Hachikomaru:what does your oil do G?
    just add penetrating ranks?
    Calim Gorn:Gives his sword Penetrating ranks yeah
    Garrion:yep
    Hachikomaru:how many?
    figured you were strong enough to pierce most anyways
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) Roll Result: 20 ( natural:10 , Save DC:24 ) Man of Mystery -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Garrion:3 or 4 can’t recall and lost the note on the token
    Calim Gorn:Think it was 4
    DM:It staggers the masked soldier a bit… but clearly this soldier is a cut above… (soldier 1st class?) and takes only a glancing blow…
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    DM:The soldier manuvers around the earth demon… stabbing at him with his spear..
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 27 ( natural:17 , Save DC:25 ) Stone man 2 -—- Success
    Though the earth demon somehow manages to soak the blow…
    Calim Gorn:lol, his monsters roll better than his own NPCs
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 5’s Turn*****
    DM:The soliders open fire with thier disruptive rifles…
    Fort save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 26 ( natural:18 , Save DC:21 ) Stone man 2 -—- Success
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 6’s Turn*****
    DM:Two Aela beams firing but not quite damaging it…
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
  • Hachikomaru glances over his shoulder, as the digging has become alot easier, and decides an escape tunnel doesn’t work well if all his bandmates are dead before he gets it dug.
    Hachikomaru:“Where is the princess?”
    Calim Gorn:“Trapped in the wall! Help her!”
  • Hachikomaru says as he throws caution to the wind to engage the demon on Calim.
    DM:You wil lose your power stunt btw if you attack the one on calim sicneyou stunted off your claws I think
    Hachikomaru:i thought it was already over
    DM:So you’ll drop the sustained digging power.
    Hachikomaru:didnt think they lasted but 1 turn
    DM:Actually wait nm
    Yeah you’re right, heh I was thinking of a diff house rule
    Actually wait.. no…. you could keep up a sustained powe a scene
    I was right the first time, heh…
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:You coudl sustain your burrow for a while… It’s just the isntantaneous effect ones that are one-shots.
    Hachikomaru:I’ll go help the others, i can HP a power stunt for our escape
    DM:okay
    Hachikomaru:wont do us any good if everyone is dead
    DM:Okay make your attack on Calims.
    Hachi seems not to trust Geralt’s skills as he joins in on a 3 on1 against the wounded earth demon.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Not trusting his bandmates to take down the outnumbered foe.
    Hachikomaru:well i want to free the princess as well and its in the way
    Calim Gorn:I think she’s on this side
    DM:Well I would let you get by it, since it’s occupied already.
    Hachikomaru:hmm
    DM:Yeah she’s on the left side.
    Hachikomaru:my token is acting weird
    when i do my atk popup
    it still has the old values listed
    DM:well just change em.
    Calim Gorn:It’ll calc it right as long as it’s entered right
    Hachikomaru:even tho it shows the corrrect ones on stat manager
    Calim Gorn:Just ignore the display
    It does that on mine too
    Garrion:user error ;)
    Calim Gorn:Just make sure the damage rank is entered correct on the roller
    And that close or ranged is selected
    And it’ll do the rest
    Hachikomaru:has penetrating 2
    but yeah you were right tab, it did the correct atk bonus tho it displayed wrong
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    Like I said it’s just some weird quirk of the roller
    DM:lets see.. so rank 6 with 2 penetrating… checking…
    Hachikomaru:i built it to pierce 16 impervious, tho i may have did it wrong
    i forget exactly how it works
    Calim Gorn:Penetrating reduces their Impervious Rank, so it’d count as like 14 impervious which means it’d stop anything rank 7 or below instead of rank 8 or below
    So you’d need a little more damage, heh
    DM:The creatures tough stony hide holds off your attack barely…
    Hachikomaru:really? hmm screwed that up then
    i thought it added to your rank
    DM:Yeah. penetrating reduces their impervious rank. So you know he has impervious toughnes of at least 13.
    Hachikomaru:ie my 6 would count as 8
    Calim Gorn:Nope
    DM:Since 11/2 rounded up stops a 6.
    Hachikomaru:so what would i need for piercing 16?
    i’ll fix it later
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Basically up it to Penetrating 4
    Or actually Penetrating 5
    Hachikomaru:damn
    Calim Gorn:Maybe 6
    lol
    Hachikomaru:oh well
    id just added those ranks to dmg instead
    DM:The stone man turns to Geralt, realizing he’s perhaps more of a threat than he thought… .trying to run him through with his balde weapon.
    Hachikomaru:if id known that heh
    since theyre same cost
    DM:Though Geralt rolls to the side agilely…hving the clear edge in speed…
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
  • Garrion parries the attack and sets up a powerful reposte
  • Calim Gorn decides to try his brother’s sword, hoping it has enough of an edge to penetrate
  • Geralt parries the attack and sets up a powerful reposte
    Calim Gorn:I’ve got Penetrating 4 and Rank 6 damage
    On my sword
    Hachikomaru:yeah my rules knowledge is rusty
    i just updated values vaguely when i updated
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 20 ( natural:13 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Hachikomaru:should have paid more attention heh
    Calim Gorn:So if he’s got Impervious 14 then that should become Impervious 10 which would be beaten by my rank 6
    Hachikomaru:yeah i hear ya
    i was thinking it added to your atk
    not subract from their shit
    DM:Calim slashes it with his enchanted blade… cutting into the stony hide… as the earth demon realizes perhaps it should have dealt with Calim first…
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 7’s Turn*****
    Geralt:lol, can’t make up his mind.. what a simpleton
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, if I get out of here alive I’ll have to make sure to leave an offering of thanks at Brother Tyrallin’s grave.”
    DM:Well he is dumb as a stone.
    Hachikomaru:“Keep it busy, I’ll try to dig out the princess…..AGAIN!”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    DM:The soldier arms his weapon… firing…
    Magitech Soldier 7:Fort save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 13 ( natural:5 , Save DC:21 ) Stone man 2 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Geralt:hard headed… head full of rocks…
    DM:And dazes the big stony creatuer with his white energy beam….
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Herlock:i roll to not die
    Hachikomaru:scream or something so maybe i can hear where you’re at lol
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    Herlock:i’m paralyed
    i cant scream
    Calim Gorn:Oh geez, more shit
    Hachikomaru:i thought toress lips couldnt be silenced!
  • Geralt strikes at the creature with a powerful blow
    DM:Well I will let her scream if she wants, since you’re paralyzed by the dirt covering you, not like a ghoul paralysis… though it will use up your air….
    So it’s a gamble… since you’ll suffocate real fast after trying to scream.
    Hachikomaru:maybe i can sniff her out
    Calim Gorn:Yeah should be able to
    Hachikomaru:better save your air
    Herlock:okay
    i wont scream
    Geralt:crap roll
    DM:okay.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 8’s Turn*****
    DM:Geralt swings at it but the creature parris his blow with its stony arm.
    Hachikomaru:all that fancy perfume is strong enough
    Magitech Soldier 8:“Holy shit! We have to get out of here now!”
    Man of Mystery:“Use the disruptor… set it to full power!”
    DM:The soldier seems to start setting up some kind of magitech device…
    it looks like it was a box on his backpack that he laid down, so something rather large…
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    DM:The other stone demon recovers… healing his stagger.
    It speaks something to its other ruby-eyed friend….
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Do I recognize this tech that they’re laying down?
    Man of Mystery:(to another soldier) “Use a breaching grenade to try to dig out the girl!”
  • Man of Mystery points towards the wall around where Allyssa got sucked in.
    DM:Give me a tech roll
    You’re too busy fighting to get a great look really… you can’t be ceratin from your positon here…
    Man of Mystery:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 10 ( natural:2 , Save DC:25 ) Stone man 2 -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    DM:The masked warrior re-staggers the earth demon.. stabbing him again with his high-tech spear.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 5’s Turn*****
    DM:One of the soldiers moves past the commander… holding a grenade.
    Magitech Soldier 5:“Everyone stand clear!”
    Calim Gorn:Well this should be good
    DM:He doesn’t throw it yet heh.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 6’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:“Out of my way.”
    I’ll spend a HP for my burrowing again.
    and get to digging her out
    DM:you going after Alyassa?
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    DM:Okay.. give me a perception cehck to try to find her.
    Hachi tries to track by scent… sniffing in Alyssa’s general direction… and starts clawing at the wall.. the dirt though unlike normal dirt, seems held in place by earth magic… so success isn’t guaranteed (it’s effectively considered a nullify type effect, power vs power)…normally you could use your burrowing rank only, but since you’re using claws to dig I’ll let you use your strength rank instead of your burrwo if you’d like.
    So 1d20+str to try to break through it
    Hachikomaru:str only or do i add my +1 for claws as well?
    DM:Hmm.. I’ll let you add the claw benefit.. seems reasonable.
    It’s a bit of an extrapolation on the rules here, normally you’d have to go rank vs rank on your power.
    Hachikomaru:shit roll
    DM:You got a HP for that?
    Hachikomaru:nah i spent it to power stunt
    DM:ah it looks like you don’t.
    And succeeds.
    Calim Gorn:lol geez
    DM:The dirt holds fast…
    Hachikomaru:you dirty…..dirt
    DM:As Hachi tries to claw away at it, it reforms…
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
    DM:The stone man turns back to Calim…. attacking but this time defensively….
    Calim Gorn:Bah
    Geralt hurt him twice
    DM:He moves with his ack tothe wall.
    Calim Gorn:I only hurt him once
    Heh, well that hits
    DM:Calim attempts to whine at the creature, however it can’t seem to speak his language.
    And attacks him anyway.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:That’s gonna be a 1 degree fail
    Calim Gorn:“Nn!”
    DM:Calim takes 1 wound. dodging aside from the earthen blade and the massive strength behind it.
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn strikes back at the creature
    Calim Gorn:Penetrating 4 on that
    Rank 6 damage
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 13 ( natural:7 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim drives the blade into it… releasing another wave of dust… it has several holes and cracks in its stony form.. but it shows no sign of stopping…
    *****Start of Stony Ooze’s Turn*****
    DM:The big thing that Geraltthought to be a rockworm was infact something else…
    He was correct though that it was large…. very large…
    Calim Gorn:Yeah this probably isn’t good
    DM:A stony ooze, almost like liquid stone flows down the corridor with a loud rumble… like a living avalanche…
    The soldiers device activates as it comes near…. emiting waves of energy and trying to hold the creature back…
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 9 ( natural:1 , Save DC:20 ) Stony Ooze -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    Calim Gorn:lol awesome
    DM:And succeeds in holding it at bay.. for now….
    It seems to generate a field of Aela energy that limits its movement…
    Hachi’s keen scent of smell does detect that the soldier closest to it did soil himself upon seeing the massive thing.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 7’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “Uh… Shit.”
    Magitech Soldier 7:“Holy fuck!”
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 7 ( natural:5 , Save DC:16 ) Magitech Soldier 7 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    DM:The soldier’s morale breaks as he decides to run fro the surface…
    Calim Gorn:lol, and finds that there’s no exit
    DM:He tries to push through his fellow men possibly knocking them over…
    Though foruntately doesn’t endange nay of his allies in his mad dash.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    DM:Alyssa is still trapped…
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:10 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Man, just can’t get that 4 degree fail
    Geralt:all we need is 3
    DM:Geralt hacks into the creature managing to wound it sufficienty to chop off two of its stony fingers on its other hand that doesn’t have the balde.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 8’s Turn*****
    DM:The soldier runs leaving the magitech device behind him.
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    Geralt:“Get Alyssa out so we can blow this joint.”
    DM:The stone demon goes after the imbued warrior figthing defensively though…
    Though his blows are ill-placed…
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    Man of Mystery:“Don’t you flee until you’ve rescued the other imbued. I’ll have no cowards under my command.”
    DM:He stabs at the stone man again…
    Man of Mystery:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 25 ( natural:20 , Save DC:25 ) Stone man 2 -—- Success
    DM:The earth demon unfrouantely maneages to soak the blow, standing strong.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 5’s Turn*****
    Man of Mystery:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 19 ( natural:17 , Save DC:16 ) Magitech Soldier 5 -—- Success
    DM:The soldier with the grenade keeps his cool.
    Magitech Soldier 5:(to Hachi) “Get out of the way!”
  • Magitech Soldier 5 places what looks like some kind of magitech grenade into the dirt of the wall and seemingly sets it to explode.
    DM:As he runs away…
    Moving past hachi… unless hachi wants to try to stop him.
    Though stopping him in the blast radius of his own grenade would be a super dick move.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 6’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:nah
    Magitech Soldier 5:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 5 ( natural:3 , Save DC:16 ) Magitech Soldier 6 -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Total pant-shitting terror
    DM:He turns and runs….
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:If Hachi remains here, he’ll be in the blast radisu of that grenade.. of course….
    if he flees, he’ll be entrusting the magitech to free Alyssa…
    Sef?
    Looks like he’s not here.. I’ll just say he runs clear.
    Hachikomaru:sorry was updating doggy mode while it wasnt my turn
    DM:(urge to re-implment declare system rising…)
    Hachikomaru:I’ll give the device a shot
    Calim Gorn:Heh move back then
    DM:Alright you gonna clear out. you want to try to help Claim or gonna try to dig the main tunnel?
    Hachikomaru:go dig main tunnel, while i have burrow sustained
    DM:okay.. you can move over there I think with your flight.. and start digging at it.
    You’ll only get 7 feet cause you’ve got to move
    But you start digging at it.
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:right
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    DM:Wait should be the earth demons turn
    He got skipped heh.
    Calim Gorn:Damn I was hoping you wouldn’t notice =P
    Hachikomaru:just trying to maximize time, so will dig some while we see what the grenade does
    if it doesnt work, then I’ll go try and dig her out again myself
    Calim Gorn:I’m hoping this guy is hurt bad enough that he sees the merit in running away
    I can’t chase him through rock
    DM:The stone demon attacks Geralt this time.. turning to fight his other foe as he’sg etting double teamed… he does say something in the Vorr language…
    Calim Gorn:That works too
    DM:Well I actually did implement a new house rule where dazed stuff can’t phase through rock, similar to how daze stops teleport and such.
    Figured that’s only fair.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, okay
    DM:Btw I didn’t ask this before but does Geralt have Quen up or not?
    Geralt:yes
    DM:k
    Calim Gorn:lol damn
    That’s gonna hurt
    DM:He attacks Geralt striking true with a powerful blow…
    Geralt:seriously
    Calim Gorn:Hope you got a Hero Point for the Toughness check
    DM:And driving his blade hand into Geralt… yeah give me a toughness check…
    Calim Gorn:Heh well that might only be a 2 degree at least
    DM:2nd degree fail yeah.
    Geralt takes 2 wounds and is dazed for the next round.
  • Calim Gorn aims another blow at the Earth Demon in retaliation
    DM:Now it’s Calims turn… the earth demon is figthing defensively now… its badly injured but you seem determined to finish it off
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 13 ( natural:11 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:lol geez, another 2
    DM:But still the relentless creature stays on its feet
    *****Start of Stony Ooze’s Turn*****
    DM:The ooze pokes at the barrier again…
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:6 , Save DC:20 ) Stony Ooze -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    But still the barrier keeps it at bay…
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 7’s Turn*****
    DM:Sergeant shit-in-pants decides to run as fast as he can.
    Hachikomaru:lol
    DM:He tries to push his way past Calim and the other soldier… though in so doing may knock Calim dangerously off guard…
    Hachikomaru:hope he was wearing his brown pants
    DM:I’ll give Calim a dodge roll to try to avoid him.
    well tehy’re black pants.
    So it conceals it well.
    Calim dodges aside as he runs past.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:The grenade expldoes….
    Calim Gorn:lol of course
    Geralt:except the trail he leaving behind as it flows down his legs
    DM:The thing explodes destroying some of the earthen wall disrupting it with an Aela burst.. but the relentless earth seems to rebind….
    Man of Mystery:“Grenade it again!”
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Come on Geralt, take this bitch down
  • Geralt continues his assault on the earth demon
    Geralt:Regen roll
    d10?
    DM:yep
    Calim Gorn:Oh yeah I forgot my Regen check at end of last round
    DM:need to get your rank or lower.
    Calim Gorn:Nope
    DM:okay what’s Geralt want to do.
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 19 ( natural:19 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Calim Gorn:God damn this thing just won’t die
    DM:Geralt hacks at the stone man again and again.. his blade flashing as bits of rock get knocked off it.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 8’s Turn*****
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 5 ( natural:3 , Save DC:16 ) Magitech Soldier 8 -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    Only one soldier isn’t shitting himself completely.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Magitech Soldier 8:“We have to get out of here now! That barrier won’t hold for long! GO GO GO!!”
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    DM:The earth demon backs off.. double moving backwards…
    Actualy wait nm,. he can’t do that cause of the barrier.
    Actually he’ll just use a power stunt to try to heal himself.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, he can phase through the wall
    Since he’s not dazed
    DM:Nahh he’s dazed. all staggered stuff is dazed
    as part of that
    Calim Gorn:Oh heh
    DM:He healed 2 wounds
    Calim Gorn:Bastard
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    DM:The soldier disengages… moving forward and sticking another grenade charge and blowing it as he moves clear.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:but still the relentless earth magic holds.
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 5’s Turn*****
    DM:Thios is the guy that still has his composure so he’s gonna try chucking another grenade.
    he throws anorther of hsi breaching grendes trying o take down the wall…
    lol..
    Magitech Soldier 5:“SIr it won’t go down!”
    Calim Gorn:Man these grenades suck
    Geralt:looks like Alyyssa destines to stay here
    Man of Mystery:“Don’t leave her behind!”
    *****Start of Magitech Soldier 6’s Turn*****
    Magitech Soldier 6:“Fuck that!”
    Hachikomaru:“Work on the escape tunnel, I’ll try to get her out.”
  • Magitech Soldier 6 fires wildly at the ceiling where Hachi is trying to dig out.
    Hachikomaru:“It’s almost clear.”
    DM:It doens’t really solve much besides waste his charge crystal.
    Geralt:Does this mean Calin is successor if she dies?
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Heh nah
    DM:No, calim is never a successor.
    Calim Gorn:Arielle is still ahead of her anyway
    DM:It goes to Sylara after her, assuming Arielle dies.
  • Hachikomaru dashes back over to where the princess is with one move, and tries to burrow her out with his standard coverted to a move.
    DM:wait actually
    Calim Gorn:lol I thought Linea was ahead of Sylara
    DM:Linea
    yeah
    Sylara’s mother
    Calim Gorn:And after Linea is Ellenya
    Or I guess it’d be Sylara then
    Hachikomaru:power of kek grant me a nat 20! All Hail Kek!
    Magitech Soldier 6:“What the fuck are you doing! The escape tunnel is back here!”
    Calim Gorn:Heh, close
    Geralt:well you got a “20”
  • Hachikomaru wails at the wall again.
    Calim Gorn:Hopefully that digs Alyssa out
    Yes!
    Hachikomaru:PRAISE KEK!
    DM:Hachi finally digs Alyssa free… letting her out of her earthen tomb…
    *****Start of Stone man 1’s Turn*****
  • Hachikomaru yanks her out.
    Hachikomaru:“Time to leave, your grace.”
    Geralt:“Get her out now. We’ll be behind you.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Hachikomaru:can i take another extra effort?
    to go from fatigue to exhausted?
    DM:The earthen creature tries an odd tactic… Geralt sees it detact its other hand…. though then it sinks in what’s going on….
    well that’d totally tank your speed.. including burrow speed.
    Hachikomaru:not now i just mean can you do that
    in general
    Calim Gorn:Yeah you can do it, it’ll just make you slow as fuck
    DM:The detached hand transmutes to metal and then shakes for a moment before exploding!
    Calim Gorn:Oh hell
    DM:Dodge rolls from basically everyone….
    Calim Gorn:Is this another double dodge?
    DM:Alyssa included cause you freed her in time to get her clear of the blast radius…
    no, dodge then toughness.
    Calim Gorn:Do wounds count against the first Dodge?
    DM:Not the first dodge no.
    Calim Gorn:Well this is gonna hurt
    DM:Geralt dodges most of the blast and his quen shield absorbs the rest of it harmlessly.
    Hachikomaru:do i get the +2 evasion bonus on this?
    DM:At half rank the imeprvious negaties any need for the toughness
    yes evasion will help on the dodge roll
    its’ an area attack
    Calim Gorn:Or maybe not
  • Calim Gorn shields himself with his jacket
    DM:Alyssa takes 1 wound… Geralt and Calim emerge unscathed… and hachi….
    Give me a toughness for hachi
    ALl the soldiers get totally shredded… wow.
    Calim Gorn:lol splat
    Does the Earth Demon kill himself?
    Hachikomaru:T loves his exploding enemies
    DM:Nah that was just his hand.
    Calim Gorn:lol geez
    DM:The sharpnel seems to deflect around him.
    Hachikomaru:did you ever play dragonlance? all the various draconians did bad shit when they died, exploded, turned to stone, etc
    DM:Since Hachi succeeded on his dodge, he takes only a 1 degree wound.
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn pounds on the Earth Demon again, trying to slay it with all his might
    Man of Mystery:“We’ve got to withdraw!”
    Hachikomaru:“Such a keen observation!”
    Calim Gorn:After my attack I’ll start moving back
  • Hachikomaru says in a tone Hana might take.
    Man of Mystery:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 13 ( natural:14 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:“Hurry!”
    DM:Calim hacks into the demon again, putting more cracks in it.. it’s a wonder its stills tanding.. holding up by its hatred for the imbued….
    *****Start of Stony Ooze’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Total opposite of what I needed
    Man of Mystery:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 15 ( natural:7 , Save DC:20 ) Stony Ooze -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    DM:The ooze is still held at bay luckily enough…
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:Alyssa can actually act… heh.
    Herlock:i’m gonna leave
    follow calim
    whatever
    i dunno where the exit is
    Man of Mystery:its’ to the north.
    Herlock:okay
    DM:IIt’s currently blocked of course.
    Calim Gorn:I think it’s still gotta get dug a bit
    DM:Yeah Hachi didn’t finish digging it fully.
    Calim Gorn:You might be able to blast through what’s left
    Herlock:okay i am gonna do a fireball into the rubble
    to try to blow it up
    if dynamite can blow up rock so can fireballs okay
    same thing
    rank 8 damage
    DM:Well the Aela fireballs don’t really got much explosive pressure behind em.
    They’re not really great at blasting through things.
    Herlock:FUCK
    HOW ABOUT A LIGHTNING BOLT
    can lightning break rocks
    Geralt:more like incendiary grenade
    Calim Gorn:Or just like, beam o’ war
    Herlock:i dont have a beam o war
    DM:You could try to stunt something.
    big air pressure wave to try to push your way up.
    Herlock:i dont even remember the stunt rules
    i pass
    DM:okay.
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Geralt strikes at the stone man before turning to follow the others….
    Herlock:fucking every game saying explosions have no pressure
    thats what makes an explosion an explosion
    its not the fucking fire that does all the damage
    Calim Gorn:It’s maaaaagic
    Geralt:not NONE, just not like TNT
    DM:Yeah the AEla fireballs are more like just igniting a flammable gas.
    Herlock:bombs in real life arent big balls of fire
    and that doenst create pressure huh
    DM:well not all that much to burst through a ton of stone. heh.
    Herlock:whatever
    my next character is gonna use magitech explosives
    DM:those exist heh.
    Herlock:i’mm gonna be a demo man
    Geralt:fail you bitch
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 1 ( natural:4 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 1 -—- Failure by 5 degrees
    Geralt:BAM!
    Hachikomaru:could move object
    air TK
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    Herlock:i dont have that
    Hachikomaru:sorry scroll lock, shit was on
    Calim Gorn:Power Stunt it
    Hachikomaru:stunt it
    Herlock:and the stunt system i dont know how it works
    DM:Geralt is a man on a mission finally slashing down into the earth demon splitting it down the middle… and causing it to crumble to dust… as the other stone creature gives a loud bellow that echoes down the corridor.
    Hachikomaru:is what i meant
    Herlock:i miss dnd which had proper spells that did stated things with big stat blocks
    Hachikomaru:how many pts do you have in your aela array?
    DM:Yeah an air blast could work at least since he’s almost there anyway.
    Herlock:42
    DM:well Geralt had to attack anyway.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah that would be more than enough
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:not total, the highest cost one right?
    Geralt:i can AArd next time
    Herlock:total
    42 point total
    Hachikomaru:nah the most expensive single power
    what does it cost
    Herlock:24
    Hachikomaru:prolly could power stunt a hell of a air based TK off that
    DM:The stone man tries to go after Hachi… moving at him with a clumsy but determined assault with its fists..
    Calim Gorn:That’s enough for a Rank 12 Move Object heh
    Herlock:if you told me how power stunting works i might do it
    DM:And pounds into Hachi…
    Give me a toughness roll Sef.
    Hachikomaru:im bad at explaining you know me
    Herlock:just have tab take my turn
    and him use my magic
    Calim Gorn:Basically you declare Power Stunt, take the point value of whatever power you’re using to do the stunt, and stat up an alternate power with it
    DM:wow…
    Calim Gorn:Uh damn
    I think Hachi died
    Close
    DM:third degree.
    Hachikomaru:hes worn out from all that digging
    DM:Jesus he’s slow as fuck.. fatigued and staggered.
    lol…
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Tell Mystery Man to carry him
    Hachikomaru:whats the speed penalty?
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    DM:you’re down 2 ranks to your speed
    Geralt:A fireball spell generates a searing explosion of flame that detonates with a low roar and deals 1d6 points of fire damage per caster level (maximum 10d6) to every creature within the area. Unattended objects also take this damage. *The explosion creates almost no pressure.*
    DM:And you can’t double move
    Hachikomaru:so he’s at rank 1
    he has flight 3
    DM:So if your flight speed is a 3 you’re down to 1.
    Yeah, so you can still go 60 as your whole turn
    And your burow speed is down to “Shoulda brought a shovel”
    Hachikomaru:haha
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Herlock:its dumb as fuck in dungeons and dragons too geralt
    DM:The spearmann rushes up grabbing another one of his grenades and tosses it up into the hole Hachi made….
    Hachikomaru:how many wounds T
    dont think you said
    DM:3
    Geralt:lol, well you said you wanted specifically stated descriptions
    DM:It’s was a 3rd degree fail
    Hachikomaru:oh sorry missed the obvious
    yeah
    DM:lol G.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:The grenade manages to explode clearing the rest of the path ahead… I’ll give Calim a technology check as well
    Calim Gorn:Well it is magic, it ignores all the known laws of physics
    Man, rolling total shit on all my tech checks
    Geralt:i liken it to an incendiary grenade, they do not realy create a lot of force, just a lot of fire
    DM:The grenade isn’t standard tehcnology, you can see it seems to have some effect that weakens earth itself, almost like turning it to sand, you’re not sure how ti works, but it’s beyond a conventiional explosion, it’s working on a magical level somehow…
    But he did clear the way up… it’s still a 60 ft cliomb to the surface…
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Man of Mystery:“Go go !”
    DM:oh wait I actually forgot one thing Sef…
    He has fast grab on his fist attack….
    Geralt:oh need to do my regen too
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Geralt:Regen
    Hachikomaru:animal cruelty!
    someone call the humane society
    DM:Sef ghets a strength or dodge resistance roll (his choice)
    NOta ffected by wounds
    and you’re grabbed… your’e immoble and vulnerable.
    It is your turn though
    Geralt:great now we have another to go back and save ;)
    Hachikomaru:i think the correct term is fucked :-p
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah, time to escape grab
    Hachikomaru:Could I power stunt a teleport off my aela flight to bamf?
    nm im exhaisted
    DM:yeah your’e dazed currently.
    can’t teleport…
    Of you’re fully exhausted?
    Yeah you’re fucked lol.
    Hachikomaru:nah i screwed up
    i thought you said i was
    Calim Gorn:Should only be Fatigued
    Hachikomaru:just fatigued
    DM:yeah that’s what I thought okay
    if you were exhauseted thatd have ucked your dodge roll even more lol.
    Hachikomaru:dazed specifically nukes teleports tho right?
    Calim Gorn:Yes
    DM:Yeah.
    Can’t telepot while dazed.
    Hachikomaru:so what are my reg escape options?
    just STR check?
    Calim Gorn:I think you can do Dodge to escape too, I’d have to check though
    DM:You can try to break the grapple.. which is athletics or acrobatics against his strength.
    Calim Gorn:Actually yeah
    DM:course that’d e your whole action
    Calim Gorn:Athletics or Acrobatics
    Hachikomaru:Alright looks like thats my only choice
    DM:you cou ld move up to your normal ground speed 1 rank, which with your speed negators is ground speed -3 ranks which I’m pretty sure it like 1 inch or something :P
    you cuold jsut attack him
    if he dies obviously grapple is broken too.
    Hachikomaru:cant hurt him
    Calim Gorn:Heh, don’t think he can hurt him
    Hachikomaru:tho iguess i can power stunt my claw
    Calim Gorn:Impervious 14 is kinda hard to hurt =P
    Hachikomaru:to do more dmg and dump penetrating
    I’ll do that
    take the penetrating ranks and just put on the dmg
    Calim Gorn:Heh that’s only gonna be good for one attack though and then you will be Exhausted
    Hachikomaru:well maybe i can kill the bastard
    Calim Gorn:lol if you get a miracle
    Geralt:better ask Kek
    Hachikomaru:well whats the alternative?
    Calim Gorn:Escape grapple and then hope we can kill it basically
    Hachikomaru:if i escape, im just standing there
    Calim Gorn:Or that it doesn’t hit you next round and then you can run
    I mean it’s up to you
    If you don’t break grapple though you’re vulnerable and then he can just wail on you with a routine check I think
    DM:not a routine
    but he loses half his dodge.
    So he can fuck you up good.
    Calim Gorn:Like I said up to you
    You can hope he rolls a 1 on his Toughness lol
    Hachikomaru:how injured is this one?
    DM:He’s staggered, in really bad shape.
    Hachikomaru:he’s got all kind of status icons
    Geralt:not as much as the one we were pounding on
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    That one took forever to die
    I think we put 12 or so wounds on it
    Hachikomaru:alright fuck it, I’ll power stunt
    DM:okay you’re going to exhausted…
    what stunt you doing?
    Hachikomaru:just shifting penetrating ranks to dmg
    so i’ll have base dmg to piece his impervious
    DM:okay.
    remember you do get two bonus damage ranks just by stunting.
    Calim Gorn:Think you need at least 8 damage
    Hachikomaru:that above the cap?
    yeah it will be 8 dmg if i stunt it
    DM:yeah.
    Hachikomaru:STR 5, +1 claw, 2 penetrating
    to STR 5, +3 claw
    DM:though since you’re dazed you’ll take a -2 to hit. So it kinda balances out
    Calim Gorn:With the Power Stunt you’ll get another +2 ranks
    So will be Rank 10 effect total
    Hachikomaru:what bonuses do i apply to the base attack roll?
    -2 for dazed?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    It might already account for that, not sure if it does
    Hachikomaru:does it T?
    DM:yeah -2 for that. and make your thing rank 8 (the +2 bonus rankswe gott aadd manually otherwise they’ll hurt your attack roll)
    Calim Gorn:And change effect rank to 10
    DM:nah it doesn’t by default
    it will soon at some point
    Calim Gorn:Oh right
    So yeah rank 8
    DM:just make it 8 so it doesn’t overcap you
    Calim Gorn:And then calc the extra 2 damage separate
    Might as well All Out Attack while you’re at it, lol
    Your Dodge is already shit
    DM:lol.
    why not encourage him to power attack for 5! :)
    Calim Gorn:Because that might miss =P
    DM:okay orll it up.
    Geralt:does AOA allow you to exceed the cap?
    Calim Gorn:He’s working on it, asking me questions lol
    DM:Yes it does.
    Though of course it does make your dodge/aparry undercapped.
    so it’s a tradeoff.
    Geralt:right
    Hachikomaru:5pt pa! lol
    you know i couldnt resist :-p
    Calim Gorn:lol nice
    And an extra 2 damage from the stunt
    So 15 total
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 15) Roll Result: 23 ( natural:16 , Save DC:30 ) Stone man 2 -
    —— Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:lol fuck
    DM:Well he dazed him.. but didn’t kill him…
    Calim Gorn:Yeah see that’s what I was talking about
    DM:Hachi gives it everything he’s got.. but now he’s exhausted…
    And his balls are hanging out ready to get crushed…
    Geralt:and needs Geralt and Calim to save his doggy biscuits
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn rushes forward to save his friend
    Hachikomaru:jeez
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 21 ( natural:16 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 2 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Yeah told you these things have an assload of Toughness lol
    DM:The earth demon shrugs off your blow with only minor damage keeping its grip on Hachi… remember that earth demon was theone that healed itself too
    *****Start of Stony Ooze’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 15 ( natural:7 , Save DC:20 ) Stony Ooze -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Wow you’re getting really lucky.
    The barrier field holds back the massive stony horror…
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:Alysa has a clear path to fly out of there
    Herlock:i’m gonna overclock my lightning bolt and shoot it at the stone man
    so rank 12 damage
    gonna take fatigue or whatever
    DM:It’s gonna have a bunch of coer benfits from Sef.
    cover
    Herlock:hmm
    DM:It’s currently got him grappled and you can bet it’ll use him as a human shield.
    Herlock:how does cover work
    is it like miss chance
    DM:It’s a -5 to hit.
    Herlock:or bonus to ac
    eh i’ll risk it
    Calim Gorn:lol
    And if you miss Hachi gets fried
    DM:For greater cover, lesser cover is -2, but this is greater cause he’s got him manhandled.
    Herlock:he does?
    if i miss does it hit hachi?
    DM:And yeah, you could end up hitting Hachi.
    Herlock:okay i’ll just fly out of hole
    Hachikomaru:unless you power stunt selective
    DM:heh.. okay Herlock flies out of the hole.
    Calim Gorn:Don’t let spear dude escape
    Keep an eye on him
    Herlock:whos spear dude
    DM:Alyssa flies her ass out of there.
    Calim Gorn:Mystery Man
    Herlock:okay
    i’ll take him
    tackle
    Calim Gorn:Wait until we’re out of the hole
    DM:You’re gonna try to tackle him in the hole instead of flying out?
    Herlock:no
    i mean
    if he tries to leave
    i will
    i am gonna be outside
    flying around
    not under ground
    Geralt:can i squeeze in to the west of Hachi?
    Hachikomaru:this thing is like the kaldar of earth demons
    just wont die
    Herlock:i bet earth demons are weaker in the sky
    Calim Gorn:lol I think they’re all like this
    Hachikomaru:well they do got ones that fly
    gargoyles
    i fought some of those with sef
    DM:Hmm I’ll let you try to attack past hachi, however…. it’ll have him as a human shield.
    So oyu’ll take -5 from the cover.
    Hachikomaru:service dog shield
    DM:Since he all out attacked and its’ got him grappled I’m gonna pretty mcuh say it can use him liek a shield easy at this point
    Since hachi is all offense.
    Hachikomaru:im gonna retire and lead blind people around instead after this shit
    assuming i dont end up in the pet cemetary
    Calim Gorn:He can do a charge action to move around
    Geralt:doing the -2 charge thing
    DM:okay.
    *
    *Start of Geralt’s Turn*
    DM:You can do that.
  • Geralt rushes forward to free Hachi
    Hachikomaru:i sure wish id went back to mokoro first and got the tenseiga now
    DM:Keep in mind moving uphill back out you’ll be at half speed again, so may not want to get too deep…
    Calim Gorn:Come on roll that nat 1 Toughness
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 17 ( natural:13 , Save DC:23 ) Stone man 2 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Son of a bitch
    *****Start of Stone man 2’s Turn*****
    DM:Geralt lands another powerful blow with his penetrating blade.. cutting into it with the silver sword.
    The stone man angrily looks to Hachi going in for the kill… It reaches out its hand and tries to crush his skull.
    Calim Gorn:Damn
    Hachikomaru:more animal cruelty
    Calim Gorn:Wow, yeah that’s going to hurt
    Hachikomaru:i think im prolly alpo :-p
    Geralt:good job, now i’m going to get fired if you die on my watch
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:ouch… and that’s a critical too…
    sinmce it’s a natural 19.
    Calim Gorn:Damn…
    Hachikomaru:yeah you’re stingy with your hp
    DM:that’s… bad… really bad.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah and Hachi has no Hero Points left
    Time for a Nat 20
    DM:yeah he better call on his psychic roller
    well remember only a fail by 5 instakills him
    fail by 4 he’d just be dying and bleeding to death.
    Calim Gorn:lol well with 19 damage that’s very possible
    DM:lol yeah.
    Calim Gorn:That’s a DC 34 to totally soak
    If he rolls below a yeah he’s fucked
    DM:He could end up a cautionary tale against all out attack.
    Yeah smoked….
    Herlock:is he dead
    Calim Gorn:Yup
    Geralt:just shy of 5
    Calim Gorn:No that is 5 lol
    Pretty sure
    Geralt:needs 25 for 5?
    Calim Gorn:Nope
    DM:wait. lemme see..
    Hachikomaru:well I’ll see yall next year :-p
    it’ll take me forever to make a char haha
    DM:1-5 is 1, 6-10 is 2, 11-15 is 3, 16-20 i 4, 21-25 is 5.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    He’s smoked
    Geralt:ok
    Calim Gorn:Instadead
    Herlock:rip hachi
    Hachikomaru:yeah no more dodge chars, ive noticed they all die heh
    Geralt:“NOOOOO!!!!!!!”
    DM:In a feat of brutality the thing grabs Hachi by the head and crushes through his skull…
    Calim Gorn:“Hachi!”
    Hachikomaru:toughness whoring ftw
    Herlock:dodge zero toughness 16
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that helped really well against that wall
    Herlock:lol
    hey i am alive
    Geralt:only due to others actions
    Hachikomaru:well i have a sword that resurrects people, but i didnt have a chance to go get it lol
    those sidequests pwnt me
    Herlock:just play hana
    *****Start of Man of Mystery’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Or have T make your new character lol
    He can min/max it to the hilt
    Hachikomaru:nah he’d put in some kind of trojan backdoors
    DM:actually since he’s dead I think he’d revert to his true form….
    Herlock:a one winged angel?
    Calim Gorn:Please don’t fuck us over like that, come on man
    Hachikomaru:dog corpse collapse?
    Calim Gorn:Just let us get out of here and he can plug the hole with his corpse then lol
    DM:Well I’ll give you dodge checks to get clear of the corpse so you don’t get puinned against the wall by it.
    Calim Gorn:Oh for gods sake
    DM:Well Calim is fine actually
    Geralt though….
    Geralt is fine.
    Calim at least has some room over there so he’d just get bounced back to open area.
    Geralt:the ooze gets to dine
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “What the…!”
    DM:Geralt can choose to either flee north or south (you probably want to be on the north side, just sayin)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Unless you want to go on a mad qujest for revenge…
    Geralt:yes, dive north
    Calim Gorn:Nah he’s gonna solo the ooze
    Geralt:lol
    Calim Gorn:And then everything else beneath Ronen
    Geralt:the ooze and the stone man
    DM:Actually Alyssa couldd potentially power stunt a healing with resurrection on it to restore him assuming you got her ass back down there.
    Geralt:i’ll show them who is boss
    DM:Unless Herlock is too busy for the power stunt rules…
    Herlock:i guess i could
    sef do you want to be al;ive
    DM:The dog takes up the corridor… a big dog wtih a giant crushed head…
    Calim Gorn:“Hachi has been slain… There’s nothing we can do for him now. Let’s get out of here!”
    DM:It separates the stone man from you…. saving him, and just giving you a slight last glance of retribution as he looks at Geralt, each angry at the death of their friends at the hand of the other…
    Geralt:“I’ll remember you forever my friend, with my scar.”
    Herlock:ok i am reading these rules
    Man of Mystery:“WE did all we could…”
    Hachikomaru:sorry was getting a drink
    DM:The man of mystery leaps up the well as this glove he’s wearing starts to glow…
  • Calim Gorn glares at Man of Mystery, “You’re going to pay for this.”
    Herlock:ok i can make a rank 8 heal power stunt
  • Calim Gorn chases after him
    Herlock:to try to bring sef back to life
  • Geralt flees up the tunnel….
    DM:Basicalyl at this point Alyssa can opt to go back and heal Hachi… or you can chase down the man of Mystery…
    Herlock:sef which do you want
    DM:Given thet Alyssa is the only one inposition it’s likely if she goes to heal Hachi at this point… the man of mystery will escape….
    Herlock:me try to heal you
    which might fail
    DM:Alyssa will have to make the choice…
    Herlock:or chase him down
    Hachikomaru:up to you
    Calim Gorn:Heh he got greater than Speed 3?
    Herlock:the problme is i need to make a dc 20 check on a skill of 8
    DM:Yeah he was very fast.
    And remember you were in a forest.,
    So pretty easy for him to lose you.
    Calim Gorn:Damn it
    I can still blast him with sniper mode, lol
    Hachikomaru:we can nickname him austin powers
    Herlock:okay i am going to try to heal sef
    DM:Well not in a forest… lol.
    Hachikomaru:the international man of mystery
    Herlock:i am power stunting my big 24 man attack
    into healing
    8 ranks
    Calim Gorn:Sure I can, it’s got Penetrating 4, it’ll go right through the trees
    Herlock:which includes ressecurection
    DM:Okay, basically this will end up as a rank 10 healing effect… I’m assuming you can get it up that high. That’s baically as high as you can get it.
    Herlock:hes been dead less than 8 minutes so i get to make a d20 r oll
    DM:And you need a DC 20 to bring him back.
    So roll is d20 +10 and you need a 20
    Calim Gorn:You’ll get the equivalent of Rank 10 since you’re power stunting, that’s a house rule
    Nice
    DM:okay youl’l be able o bring him back.. however.. lemme roll for the ooze…
    Hachikomaru:I’ll have to prolly have T make mina for me, since i dont know how to make a bunch of her shit in M&M rules, that was my backup plan, or well Sef was originally, but T kind of nixed that :-p and I dont really wanna be a religious fanatic, so the Vampire Princess it is prolly.
    Herlock:sef you arent dead
    Calim Gorn:lol well you’re alive again
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 10) Roll Result: 28 ( natural:20 , Save DC:20 ) Stony Ooze -—- Success
    Calim Gorn:Shit
    That’s bad
    Geralt:lol
    Hachikomaru:all dogs go to heaven…
    DM:I’ll give Alyssa the benefit of the doubt and say she went down there as soon as Hachi went down
    Geralt:yeah he resurected just in time to get oozed
  • Calim Gorn rushes after the masked man in a blind rage, but loses him in the forest I guess
    DM:So hachi is unconscious now…. but alive… unfortunately he’s still gonna be tough to transport…. Alyssa will have to use another power stunt to basically teleport him out of there (you’ve got a clear path so teleport is possible now)
    Calim Gorn:“Bastard! What happened to submitting yourself to the Council you coward?!”
    DM:And you could teleport him with the extr weight out of there so it’d exhause Alyssa but get him out as the ooze is barrelling down on you.
    Herlock:okay i will power stunt a teleport of haci out
    DM:The mystery man btw as Alyssa flies down the shaft does say to her….
    Herlock:and then i am basically unconcious
    Man of Mystery:“I helped save you… you helped save me… I figure we’re even.”
    DM:Well you’ll be exhausted.
    Herlock:this thing has too many status effects
    dnd is a much simpler system
    DM:The stony ooze barrels down the corridor…. moments as Alyssa teleports away and calim and Geralt get up..
    Calim Gorn:It helps if you actually read the rules and figure out what things mean
    DM:Unforunateyl by the time Calim gets up there, he’s gone…
    Herlock:i dont have time for reading
  • Calim Gorn curses angrily
    Hachikomaru:i wouldnt say D&D is simpler, we’re just so much more used to playing it for so many years
    DM:And while Geralt has the skills to track him,he lacks the speed to chase him down.
    Herlock:“hachi is alive but unconcious”
  • Geralt climbs up the tunnel
    Herlock:“i’m tired as fuck and need a nap”
    Geralt:“Where is the mystery man?”
    Hachikomaru:he got ran over by a magitek train chasing squirrels
    Herlock:“gone”
    Calim Gorn:“We need to seal this hole somehow…”
    Geralt:“Alyssa, Hachi…. I thought you were dead?”
    Herlock:“i brought him back to life”
    DM:Yeah… there is the matter of the ooze, the good nes is Geralt doesn’t thinki t can phase through stone like the rockmen could.. the bad news.. it may be able to bubble up that crack if you don’t lsow it down…
    Herlock:“we need to get into the car”
    “we have to retreat”
  • Geralt will try to Aard the stone/earthen walls
    Calim Gorn:“We need to seal this shaft or that creature may rise to the surface.”
    Hachikomaru:my token has so many status effects on it, i look like a nascar vehicle
    DM:heh.. okay, you can use the Aard sign a few time to blow down dirt and seal the hole.
  • Calim Gorn blasts at the hole with his gun as well to try to collapse it
    DM:That should buy you some time to get out of there.
    You amnage to collapse the tunnel as best you can.. The aard is effective at moving a lot of the loose dirt and stones into the hole and plugging it up.
    Herlock:does hachi get a 2 rank promotion for dying in battle
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:a good dog will always die for his master
    a min maxed dog, would whore toughness instead tho
    DM:One day Makoor will name a train station after him.
    Hachikomaru:yeah there ya go
    i named him after that dog actually
    Calim Gorn:Okay so we get back to our car and get the fuck out of here?
    Geralt:((as a side note, if we do cancel this i vote for a Savage camp))
    Calim Gorn:lol why would we cancel
    We survived the encounter
    DM:Yeah Geralt and Calim help Alyssa and Drag Hachi back to the car….
    Calim Gorn:Let’s keep going
    Herlock:yeah who said anything about cancel
    Geralt:you all were talking aobut it earlier if we die
    Herlock:we lived we keep playing
    Hachikomaru:G isnt use to playing a game more than like 3 months :-p
    Herlock:we didnt die
    Geralt:i’m just throwing it out there that i want T to do Savage
    Calim Gorn:Do we get Hero Points for the encounter btw?
    DM:And the realization of waht happened starts to sink in…
    Herlock:T already said he is doing maid rpg next
    DM:Yeah you do.
    lol.
    Geralt:if this one ends
    Calim Gorn:Whoo
    Hachikomaru:i hear they have tight rationing on hero pts in therin
    they reached peak hero point consumption long ago
    shit aint just handed out
    Calim Gorn:“We need to get back to Aylanae… We’ve all been potentially exposed to Nuumian. Especially Hachi.”
    “Plus we need to report the situation to the Sunlord.”
    DM:okay so Hachi you awnted me to keep your battletoken right?
    Herlock:“yes we need to go back”
    Hachikomaru:yeah i got nuumian destimper
    might wanna give me my rabies shots and deworm me too while you’re at it
    Geralt:“We don;t know the how or why, but we do know the sighting is true.”
    Calim Gorn:“Those men mentioned an experiment.”
    Geralt:“Let’s depart as soon as possible”
    Calim Gorn:“Their tech looked like the sort of thing Adron Futuristics might produce, especially that barrier…”
    Geralt:is hachi always going to have that one eye that bulges out a little more from now on?? hehe
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Since that was a particularly brutal encounter I’m gonna call it 2 hero poitns worth.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    DM:And I’m also gonna give Sef another additional one for rescuing someone who fell down a well.
    Geralt:woohoo
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:twice!
    Herlock:do i get one for bringing the dog back to lif
    Hachikomaru:fell down one well, then fell down another
    you need well immunity
    The Sandman would be herlocks nemesis
    DM:Hachikomaru gains a hero point. , Calim Gorn gains a hero point. , Geralt gains a hero point. , Alyssa Toress gains a hero point.
    Hachikomaru gains a hero point. , Calim Gorn gains a hero point. , Geralt gains a hero point. , Alyssa Toress gains a hero point.
    Hachikomaru:if he were in marvel comics
    DM:Hachikomaru gains a hero point.
    Herlock:why marvel
    Hachikomaru:because i dont know any dirt themed dudes in DC
    hmm maybe that batman guy
    who’s mud
    DM:well there’s clayface
    Hachikomaru:i forget his name
    DM:that clay guy.
    Herlock:i’m not in dc either
    Hachikomaru:yeah him
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah Clayface
    DM:He’s sorta liek dirt.
    Geralt:let me pull my DC heros book….
    Calim Gorn:Okay so we hop the next airship back to Aylanae
    Do not pass go, do not collect $200
    DM:It’s a long ride back to Ealia…. as you lick your wounds, fortuantely Geralt and Calim’s regeneration heals them up fairly quickly.. hachi will need some rehab… Alyssa saved his life, but he’s still going to be down for some time and he needs the healing water of Aylanae as quick as you can manage it…
    Calim Gorn:And request an emergency meeting with Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope
    Geralt:clayface is PL11
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, well our wound regeneration still works, that’s a good sign… But we should still get checked out back at Aylanae, and Hachi needs the healing waters for sure.”
    DM:SInce the sharpnel attack only did 1 wound to you guys it probably wasn’t enough for serious Nuumian posioning and nobody got hit super badly by the other blade attack.
    Hachikomaru:gonna have me put to sleep
    DM:So you figure you’ll probably be okay as far as Nuumian poisoning if you get to the healing water anyway… even then the levels are pretty low.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s why I’m saying we take the next airship to Aylanae
    DM:The hardest thing is carrying Hachi back…. since he’s so big and heavy.
    But you can get help carrying him once you get him back to Aylaane. until he’s conscious he can’t actually transform back.
    Hachikomaru:im not sure if he honestly changes forms on death or not to be honest, i didnt get too specific
    since innate would eat up like 900 pts alone
    DM:Well I’m saying he does, since his base form is the dog.
    Hachikomaru:and T told me to ignore it
    i know when sesshomaru gets ko’ed he stays human anyways
    DM:So I’m figuring he reverts. That’s how I’m playing it anyway heh.
    Hachikomaru:but thats just ko’ed
    Geralt:“Call in air support! The C-130 blimp can lay this place to waste.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:lol
    Yeah did you want to tell the people of Ealia anything about what happened?
    Calim Gorn:Nuke the site from orbit, it’s the only way to be sure
    DM:There’s lots of questions given you’re riding into town with a big dog with its skull crushed
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I would warn their local sheriff or whoever actually
    DM:Of course you could just play it off as a monster you killed
    Okay I’ll do that scene real quick…
    Hachikomaru:just taking family pet to the vet
    Calim Gorn:I mean I know the empire wanted this kept hush hush but they might want to know about a giant ooze bursting out of the ground
    Herlock:so we are gonna keep playin right
    its not even 1
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’m good for all night
    DM:You approach the local office of Freeland securities.. the guard force of Ealia…
    I can go longer if you guys are up for it
    Herlock:YEAH
    lets do it
    Hachikomaru:well im gonna go find something to eat, while yall take me to the vet
    Herlock:okay
    Calim Gorn:Actually
    Geralt is group leader
    So I should leave it up to him as far as whether to notify the local authorities or not, heh
    DM:Yeah heh you’ll have to dedcide if you want to notify the authorities. heh.
    Geralt:sorry
    one sec
    no, do not tell, not goig to cause alarm when we don;t have any details
    Herlock:“calim we need to talk later”
    Calim Gorn:(Need to re-impersonate your mini heh)
    “Hm? About?”
    DM:ok.
    Alyssa Toress:“calim we need to talk later”
    “i dunno life and marriage”
    DM:whenever a woman says that, nothing good can come it.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    DM:*come of it
    Alyssa Toress:“i just want to get drunk and have a good cry”
    Calim Gorn:Especially when you’re married to her
    DM:yeah lol.
    Calim Gorn:“I’m sorry, I didn’t realize you were so shaken up…”
    Alyssa Toress:“well first i was under a landslide then inside a wall then putting my friends brain back together”
    “its a rough day”
    Geralt:we will just load up Hachi and get out of town to report ASAP.. they may send us back with further orders but our mission is complete
    DM:Okay you keep it as hushed as possibel you do get some bards approaching you for comment…. since you do draw attetnion witht he giant dog and most of you covered ina buch of dirt.
  • Calim Gorn nods, doing his best to comfort her
    DM:Do you just want to “No comment” them and not really say anything?
    Or are you gonna give them some bullshit story?
    Calim Gorn:“You know how dogs like to chase lightning carriages? Sometimes they catch them.”
    DM:lol.
    Geralt:“Nothing to report.”
    “Oh one thing. I am NOT the big dog.”
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    Geralt setting the record straight
    Bard:(to Calim) “WE heard you flew in from Saerlon…. was this creature a creation Dr. Hisashi Kimura?”
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:“Nah, Hachi is way less insane.”
    Bard:“That’s Hachi?”
    DM:It seems man yof them think he’s some kind of monster, and not an actual imbued…
    Calim Gorn:“Yup. Now move along, nothing to see here. Just taking our dog for a walk.”
    DM:Give me a persuasion check for Calim.
    Calim Gorn:lol 19
    DM:heh wow.. it actually worked.
    Calim Gorn:(once they’re out of earshot) “Man I can’t believe he actually bought that.”
    DM:It seems that Calim came off as pretty believable and perhaps curtails the “Local witcher slays mad dog!” headline that could have been.
    Geralt:“Good job. Now let’s get out of here.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    DM:You get to an airship without reporting back to the guard captain about what’s going on.
    Heading back to Aylanae immediately….
    Calim Gorn:The airship have an Aela Communicator?
    DM:Yeah it does.
    All of them have Aela communicators pretty mcuh, unless it’s sabotaged…
  • Geralt brews another penetration oil on the journey
    Calim Gorn:I’ll take the time to send a quick message to Suzu while we’re en route, let her know that Sayuri got injured and is laid up and could use some company
    Won’t give her any details or anything
    Geralt:but it is not encrypted
    Bard:Alriht lmme make the roll for Geralt’s oil, I found out I’m supposed tomake the construction roll in secret too apparentyl.
    DM:Going to be a 10 for that against a DC of what? I think 14?
    Geralt:
    10 for my druidic
    yep
    DM:k I’ll roll it up.
    Okjay you think you make it successfully.
    Okay Calim leaves a message for Suzu, like most communications it has to be passed on so that just gets relayed all the way to Makoro.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah like I said it’s pretty innocuous, light on details just sorta “I happened to be in the area and heard Sayuri was hurt so paid her a visit, she misses you”
    That sort of thing
    DM:heh okay.
    You arrive in Aylanae without incident fortunately.. and with the help of some magitech armor they offlodad Hachi and get him to the fountains…
    Geralt:just so i have it straight i can make a power called potion belt as an array and have multiple potions, just won;t stack applications?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah you could basically only use one potion power at a time
    Geralt:will i still have to roll if i spend points or it considered automatic and “unlimited”
    DM:Well if you make it an array that you pay full price for, basically you could use one at a time… though if you didn’t take a limited use restriction you could potentially use a lot.
    Nah if you spend points it’s basically a permanent power.
    Geralt:will eventuallyhave a potion belt and a grenade array too
    DM:I mean if you really use a shitload of em then I could use a compilcation and say the belt ran out, but for most practical purposes it’d be unlimited if you pay full price.
    You get to Aylaane and report to the sunlord….
    Well except for hachi who is in the pet hospital.
    Geralt:“Sunlord, reporting as ordered.”
    Alyssa Toress:whats our actual rank btw
    knight defender?
    Geralt:“Sigtings of Earth demon activity has been confirmed.”
    Calim Gorn:Yeah something like that
    DM:The sunlord has her usual stern demeanor… though it seems to break alittle as you announce your results.
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Confirmed? Are you certain? Are you absolutely certain?”
  • Calim Gorn nods
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope gasps….
    Geralt:“Most certain. THough there was another organization involved. I believe led by an Imbued.”
    Calim Gorn:“The Earth Demons seem to have been provoked by soldiers from an unknown guild company. Geralt heard talk of an experiment.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Sheyl help us… if they can strike Ronen….”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes it seems an unknown party was drawing them there on purpose”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“An unknown guild company? What makes you think that?”
    Geralt:“There was not only the typical rock men forms but also a very large ooze form.”
    Calim Gorn:“They had no identifying insignia on their uniforms and would not identify themselves when challenged.”
    Alyssa Toress:“they had an imbued member of their team and a large number of well trained well equipped soldiers with magitech weaponry”
    Calim Gorn:“They also had advanced technology not commonly available.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes including experimental wepaons not commonly seen”
    DM:Well the rock men actualyl weren’t entirely typical the ruby-eyed ones are kinda a new species. They’re not really known in Yt. Though similar rockmen with different features are still known to exist.
    Alyssa Toress:"most of their force perished but their leader escaped "
    DM:But the ruby-eyes are a new touch. And the ooze hasn’t been ecnounter3ed before.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah we’ll give her the rundown on the encounter, how we went down into the hole and got trapped and had to fight our way out etc
    Geralt:well the ruby eyes is a minor deviation, the basic form was what i was going for
    Alyssa Toress:“knight defender hachi had been killed and i chose to bring him back to life rather than pursue the enemy combatant”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope nods.
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“So we’ve got an imbued working with them…. this is no doubt some scheme of Daelans…”
    Calim Gorn:(Is the aela barrier thing a common piece of equipment? And would I know about the similar shit that was supposedly supplied to Vigilance?)
    DM:Give me a tech check.
  • Geralt will describe the guy and his spear in case she knows of him
    Calim Gorn:I’m gonna Hero Point that
    DM:Aela disruptors for use with protecting versus Aela amgic, like teleportation and such.. have been around and are common, but it’s only recently that they’ve been using them as anti-Nuumian devices…. and that’s mostly due to the work of the company Adron Futuristics…
    Calim Gorn:“That barrier they were using… I’m almost certain it’s technology from Adron Futuristics.”
    “Adron Kortarian may be involved in this.”
    Geralt:“We let without the local authorities knowing. The local captain discounted any activity so he will likely not suspect anything. Should we warn them?”
    DM:It’s owned by Senator Adron Kortarian….the one that Sefiros worked for before chopping down Taesian Stormblood in the council meeting… Taesian also suspected Adron of some foul play but conveniently never got to explain it since he was untimely killed.
    Calim Gorn:“He could be purposely stirring up the Earth Demons to field test his new equipment.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“You think Adron is involved in this? What motive would he possibly have?”
    Calim Gorn:(reverse the order of those two, lol)
    “If he can perfect his equipment and bring it to market before anyone else he’ll have a near monopoly, which would be very lucrative.”
    Hachikomaru:Does she also mention Templar Sefiros has gone missing and all they found was a blood smear in the templar base?
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“How srtong is your case against him? Right now he’s one of our best suppliers in cutting edge anti-earth demon technology and the last thing we want to do is get on his bad side as this war is just getting ten times worse than we thought…”
  • Hachikomaru plays ominous music.
    Calim Gorn:“I only have suspicions at the moment, I’m afraid… I’m sure the technology they were using came from him, but we were unable to recover any of it.”
    “But the only reason the war is getting worse is because it’s being deliberately made worse.”
    “There would not be any Earth Demon activity in Ronen if it were not being incited on purpose.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“The question that remains is if these Earth demons are truly native of the contentinent of Balaras or if they travelled through some deep tunnel under the ocean…”
    Calim Gorn:“That I can’t answer, I’m afraid.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Was there any evidence the soldiers wee doing anything other than killing the earth demons?”
    Calim Gorn:“As I said, Geralt heard mention of an experiment.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“It could simply be President Lastar doing his job defending Ronen.”
    Calim Gorn:“I don’t know the particulars of it… But maybe they lured the Earth Demons there on purpose for a test.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“An experiment? What kind of experiment?”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs
    Alyssa Toress:“testing weapons perhaps”
    “or seeing if they could draw them somewhere”
    “for use agianst daeslen?”
    “at both sightings of the demons those soldiers were reported”
    “and there is the matter of the girls”
    Calim Gorn:“And both times they were eager to conceal the evidence.”
    Alyssa Toress:“the earth demons didnt try to kill them”
    “they tried to communicate”
    Geralt:“The first encounter was also very unusual. The earth demons took a local villiage girl hostage but she seemed to be treated to rather fine quarters.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Perhaps they were trying to create sleeper agents?”
    Alyssa Toress:“unknown”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“We know the people of Tinigath worship the Earth Demons, maybe they have advanced magic to brainwash…”
  • Calim Gorn shakes his head, “There was no trace of Nuumian contamination on either of them.”
    Alyssa Toress:“we need to investigate that more but the link to adron and these secret soldiers needs to be looked into”
    “i would suggest an expert in psychology interview the subjects that were taken hostage”
    “i doubt they had anything to do with it but they could get information normal knights wouldnt be able to”
    Geralt:“Is that our next assignment/”
    Alyssa Toress:“in a debriefing”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope nods. to Alyssa.
    Geralt:nm that, was alyssa saying that not the sunlord
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Yes we’ll definitely have to look into the hostage girl and see what was done to her… a thorough investigation… I’ll have to inform the Ronen senate as well, and President Lastar….”
    Calim Gorn:“The girl seemed normal to me, I don’t think she’s a danger…”
    “If anything she needs protection should this black ops unit come looking to tie up loose ends.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“She seemed just a farm girl, if they were going to create a sleeper agent.. it seemed they coudl have picked better.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i doubt shes a danger as well but our quick interrogation could have missed facts that an expert would pickup on”
    “we are largely in the dark and any kind of new information would be useful”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope nods.
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I’ll see how the Ronne senate wants to proceed… in the meantime, I want your group to rest up… when hachi is back on his feet we can give you your next mission.”
    “You did a good job on this first mission…. I had never imagined the rumors were true….”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope shakes her head, still in shock…
    DM:The shock even seems to have broken her usual cold military demeanor.
    Calim Gorn:“I just hope the Earth Demons don’t start actively attacking Ronen… Those damn fools are digging their own graves.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“There’s not even any defenses in Ronen… this is bad… very bad…”
    “If we tell them, the senate will want to likely withdraw the Guild ofSworsd from the war effort to protect the homefront.. it’ll be a devastating blow to our forces in the war in Yt.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Alyssa Toress:“i think a cover story would be best employed and allowed an investigation into adron”
    “accuse them of something else such as war profittering to give an excuse to investigate their actiivities”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I have to tell the senate… if I withheld that information…”
    Calim Gorn:“Yt could be overrun without the support of the Guild of Swords… Countless people would die.”
    “And Yt already thinks of the Empire as only a fair weather ally.”
    Alyssa Toress:“give time to investigate adron”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope nods.
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“It would be a disaster in Yt….”
    Alyssa Toress:“at least delay the report”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Bujt if I knew that Ronen was in danger and told no one…”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope stares off…. clearly in a quandry of morality…
    Alyssa Toress:“if you tell them we might lose the war”
    “if we keep it secret you might lose your career”
    Calim Gorn:“We don’t yet know the scope of the danger. If we can stop whomever is inciting these attacks then more may not come.”
    Alyssa Toress:hp that
    30
    DM:I’ll have Calim do a persuade too
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:"We need more information… I’ll get what Templar I can on it without raising suspicion… we’re at war, so that means primarily low ranked templar…and I’m going to need your group to go back out there as soon as you’re ready.. "
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“There is a test to your theory…”
    “If I tell Adron that we know about the Earth demons, we can see how he reacts… if he is involved as you say he is, then he should be in favor of covering it up.”
    “Since that seems to be what his forces, if they belong to him,… were doing.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps… Though I wonder if he doesn’t already anticipate that sort of thing.”
    “It might be worth gauging his reaction at least.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“At the very least it can buy us time.. he has the most advanced sensing technologies.. so I can ask him to aid in detecting thier numbers before we make a formal announcement…”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:It’ll at least gie me a chance to get a read on him."
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, if he really is involved, we need to prompt him to reveal as such.”
    “If only we could have captured that Imbued…”
    Geralt:“When we return it is likely we will encounter him again.”
    “i’m sure he will be in the middle of any other schenanigans.”
    Calim Gorn:“Indeed…”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Thse are dark rumors indeed… after the fall of Vigilance…. mbued from Dragon Band reported finding some of Adron’s nuumian inhibiting devices changed to inhibit Aela.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“It was an act of sabotage blamed on disloyal tribesman of Yt… or saboteurs from Tinigath or Daelan…”
    Calim Gorn:“Those saboteurs would have to know how to adjust the equipment for that though… I doubt some random realignment of the dials could produce that result.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“But it could have been Adron all along… still we don’t have any hard evidence.”
    Geralt:“We should see to Hachi’s recovery so we can get on the mission as soon as possible.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I agree.”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope nods.
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I’m going to need everyone I can get in the field… and time is of the essence…”
    Hachikomaru:wonder if hes gonna have a giant cone on his head
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:lol.
    I was thinking of giving him a complication where he still has seizures or something
    Calim Gorn:Does the healing water reverse neutering?
    DM:Well if they totally cut off his balls it wouldn’t reverse it.
    lol.
    ALright this is probably a pretty good spot to stop.
    next time we’ll have the retunr of Hachi + cone.
    Hachikomaru:if anything you should cut off his arm
    its rare any char of mine in Ts game has both
    Calim Gorn:If I described the Imbued guy’s powers to the Heart of Aylanae could it narrow down a list of potential Imbued that the guy might be?
    And include approximate age, gender, favors a spear, etc
    Geralt:did we see any powers other than tech and speed?
    Calim Gorn:Might have had wall running the way he went up the shaft
    DM:YOu did see the gauntlet he had glowed, which seemed like it migth be more magical than tech.
    Calim Gorn:That’d be something to include too then, has a magical gauntlet
    DM:I’ll give you an investigation rol if you want to review some imbued files in your offtime.
    Hachikomaru:my chili is burning i think, are we done for the night?
    DM:See if you can turn anything up.
    Yeah we’re done.
    Calim Gorn:Ugh, Investigation…
    Hachikomaru:ok i’ll leave this up, if yall wanna discuss
    gonna go scarf down some chilli dogs first tho
    Calim Gorn:Hero Point!
    Geralt:i’m heading out, see ya later in the week
    Calim Gorn:Because why the fuck not
    lol you gotta be shitting me
    Oh
    I do have Connected
    So could I say I get the info with my Hero Point through my Connected Advantage? heh
    DM:Welli if you’d like I’ll let you say you can get access to files on Adron’s employees with your connected… and someone may or may not turn up there that matches the description.
    It isn’t gonna necessaril be an auto success if the guy is off the books so to speak.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, okay, that works I guess
    DM:But since you suspect Adron. you can get some of his personnel files with your connections
    You both kinda pur over the intel files… and you think youv’e come up with something….
    Hachikomaru:if i make mina, i should give her a di crystal named Igor
    wait, no dracula had that crazy human pet, what was that guys name
    renfield
    Calim Gorn:lol oh yeah, that guy
    DM:Adron doesn’t have any specific spear wielding imbued in his employ… but there is one with an enchnted gauntlet similar to what you saw… and he’s also known to wield an oversized blade that’d be immediately distinctive…. giving reason to perhaps equip him with something else shoudl he go undercover.
    He’s an imbued named Angelus Osoloran… a master of melee combat.
    Hachikomaru:haha yeah the angeal clone
    i remember him
    Calim Gorn:“Heart of Aylanae, what can you tell me about an Imbued named Angelus Osoloran?”
    Hachikomaru:from the antartica expedition
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Heh since G isn’t here anymore I figuer we can wait till next time to get the info so he’s notmsising too mcuh
View
Session Log 15

Herlock:hi
its me
Tabris:Yo
Alyssa Toress:sup
Calim Gorn:Same old same old
Alyssa Toress:i guess i have to end my game now
Calim Gorn:Wouldn’t hurt
Sef said he’d be here in a few minutes
Not sure about G
DM:okay.
I don’t see Sef online.
Send him the IP if you see him. heh.
Calim Gorn:Yeah I called him
DM:oh lol.
Calim Gorn:And I already sent him an offline message with the IP
He thought daylight savings time had already happened and we had another hour to go
Alyssa Toress:i’m using sefs computer to hold papers on top of it
Calim Gorn:lol
Alyssa Toress:i need to be rid of this thing
5 more days til i get a ps4 :D
DM:heh.
Alyssa Toress:i own ps4 games but not a ps4
because i was waiting for the pro
DM:What does the pro have anyway?
Alyssa Toress:twice as fast gpu
4k games
hdr
etc..
DM:ah.
Alyssa Toress:whered sef go
Calim Gorn:Dunno
Alyssa Toress:oh damnit i never saved my character sheet after i updated it
DM:It’s Sef he’s probably having his usual computer issues.
Apparently he had to reinstall or something I have no idea why.
cause he was asking me what version of maptool we use.
Sefiros:im good, stupid updater shit was in the background
nah i just was tidying up desktop other day and moved the folder
Alyssa Toress:oh i had the names bakcwards
DM:lol why bother, herlock is gonna send you his computer pretty soon anyway.
Sefiros:just had forgot where i had moved it to, so was doing search
which is slow as x-mas
thats why dumbass
so i can copy all my shit to the new one
Alyssa Toress:i was gonna try to mail it tomororw
Sefiros:was organizing my cluttered game files and so forth for when it gets here
Alyssa Toress:your getting the slowest cheapest shipping btw
DM:lol.
Sefiros:yeah whatever, cant have it all
Calim Gorn:lol
Sefiros:slowest shipping is better than slowest computer
DM:20 day mule shipping.
Calim Gorn:Shipping by pony express, $2.95
Alyssa Toress:fast shipping was like 300 dollars when i priced it out
Calim Gorn:lol damn
DM:holy shit
Alyssa Toress:cheapest is 30 bucks
DM:yeah lol that’s still quite a bit for shipping
Calim Gorn:Yeah they rape you on the oversized stuff
Alyssa Toress:computers are heavy
Sefiros:where you talking about tidying up or did you mean updating?
your reference about why bother that is
the windows updates shit is automatic, or i aint figured out how to disable em, if thats what ur referign to
since im on windows 10 now
i did install that tho a week or 2 ago
so id be familiar with it, since thats what herlocks rig has on it
Calim Gorn:Yeah I don’t think you can disable them from what I’ve heard
Alyssa Toress:you cant disable it
DM:yeah at most you can set it to defer upgrades where you don’t get em as fast
But you can’t disable it entirely.
Calim Gorn:Microsoft is like “Fuck you we know your computer better than you do, take the update and like it”
Sefiros:well it aint the updating itself is a problem, but say like the shit DL’es
and you just wanna restart before game or something
and forget about it, then you’re stuck waiting 2 hours while it updates after a reboot
DM:Yeah I wish you could choose to install later.
Sefiros:how much did the shit weigh anyways herlock?
i told T itd prolly be expensive as fuck since i imagine it weighs a ton with all that shit you had in it
5 drives or whatever etc
Alyssa Toress:30-40 pounds
estimate
i didnt weight it yet
all i have is a bathroom scale
Sefiros:i remember sending shit to japan was expensive as hell
1 lb was like forty bucks or something back i nthe day
Alyssa Toress:i dont got a drug scale like you
Calim Gorn:Yeah international shipping is a bitch
DM:yeah and the solid iron case too.
Sefiros:might have been even more than that
haha cast iron case?
DM:Yeah gotta protect the shit.
Alyssa Toress:its alumnimum not iron
Sefiros:lead lined case then
Calim Gorn:lol I was gonna say, iron just fucking rusts
Sefiros:to prevent teleporting photons
well nah they weighed it at the post office
i dint weigh the shit myself
thats how they determined price or they did when i sent shit, they slapped it on a scale
DM:Well iron is more hardcore.
Sefiros:and pritned out a sticker
Calim Gorn:Iron is kind of a shitty metal by itself honestly
Alyssa Toress:did you pay the gold price or the iron price
Sefiros:stars dont like it very much
gives em indigestion
iron price definately
DM:well iron is a lot more hardcore than aluminum.
Calim Gorn:lol no it isn’t
Maybe just from pure density’s sake
Alyssa Toress:i have a tungsten computer case
Sefiros:its all about the trace elements!
Calim Gorn:But aluminum resists corrosion a lot better
Also without aluminum you can’t get a thermite reaction
Sefiros:yeah theres reason there aint hardly any iron/steel weapons from even a few hundred years ago
DM:well I don’t think you’d want a thermite reaction happening on your computer.
Sefiros:but we got a pile of bronze ones from 2k etc
Calim Gorn:lol yeah
Pure iron is shit metal
It corrodes like hell
And carbon steel ain’t much better
Sefiros:yeah i got some cast iron frying pans i use
and if i dont keep em oiled or use em often, they rust faster than hell
Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
Sefiros:like if you even leave leftovers i nthe shit over night or something, it’ll rust already
and give your food a metallic taste
which was one weird thing i discovered when i first used em
why my leftovers always taste like blood
Calim Gorn:lol
DM:Well at least you don’t have to worry about anemia.
Sefiros:actually i do, think its genetic’
runs in my family on both sides i think as well
not sure if its genetic, id assume so since its common for us
DM:Well you won’t get it so long as you keep cooking with iron.
Sefiros:tho dont think im depelted at least
took some iron supplements for a while
but they turn your shit black
and the consistency of like roofing tar
DM:okay I didn’t need to know that.
Sefiros:haha
Calim Gorn:Haha
Sefiros:well it just meant i didnt have a defeciency since the excess dont get absorbed
and thats side effect
so dont think i have iron defeciency
or not right now anyways
eat vitamin D like its candy tho
since im a night owl
so G coming tonight?
DM:yeah he just messaged me. so I assume he’s on his way.
Garrion:howdy all
DM:there he is.
Hey G.
Sefiros:aint it odd how herlock once again missed a battle :-p
DM:Alright we got everyone so we can get started.
Sefiros:has he actually fought anything besides the tournament?
DM:Don’t think so lol
Geralt:nope, and only partially then
Sefiros:the princess is gonna get a reputation of being craven
Alyssa Toress:oh come on
i was really tired last week
Sefiros:well we know there wont be any battles at least
since he’s here
Geralt:hehe
Calim Gorn:lol
Sefiros:if he goes AFK get ready to roll initiative!
Calim Gorn:Get G
Hey G*
Geralt:well there can be some but Alyssa just won’t be involved
Sefiros:luckily tab called me
since i had set the clock back already
alright well guess im ready
Calim Gorn:Ready when you guys are
DM:Last session ,you had recieved your first mission to investigate stories of Earth Demon activity in the Ronen city of Saerlon. The earth demons may or may not be a hoax, as there was some unusual parts to the entire thing.
Alyssa Toress:why dont they just make earth demons illegal
DM:On the way there you decided to divert course to answer a distress call from an airship that was hijacked by pirates who were posing as passengers.
Calim Gorn:Yeah that totally works with everything else
DM:Except for Alyssa who decided to sit that combat out aboard the safety of your airship.
Calim Gorn:(That’s why she’s paying for the damages, hehe)
Alyssa Toress::(
DM:Unless thre was more you wnated to do wtih the prisoners you took I’ll just fast forward to your arrival in Saerlon and assume you guys turn em over to the authorities.
Calim Gorn:Yeah just gonna turn ‘em in
DM:Yeah Calim did volunteer House Toress to pay for the damage to the airship carrying you when it was struck by a home-built cannon.
Calim Gorn:It’s only fair, we did divert the ship and get it damaged
Alyssa Toress:can i bill the empire
DM:heh. Well you could try to divert the costs elsewhere though at that point your husband did say House Toress would pay for it, so it mgiht seem like you’re trying to get out of your promises…
Alyssa Toress:what if i just never pay
Calim Gorn:Yeah, those weasely Toress
Alyssa Toress:fine i’ll pay
Calim Gorn:You didn’t need that fancy new dress anyway
DM:You arrive over the large Ronen city of Saerlon, whose size really puts the cities of Makoro to shame, and is even larger than most Rahseldian cities.
Hachikomaru:G is Cobra Commander
we go for quality, not quantity
our old fashioned houses are better vs quakes as well!
Geralt:cobra commander, lol.. not sure that quite my MO
Calim Gorn:lol
Hachikomaru:i meant beiing in command, and the whole viper eyes deal etc
Calim Gorn:Nah he’s with Hydra, we’re searching for Captain America
DM:As you land the Ronen authorities come to take in the prisoners.
Hachikomaru:guess im the gaijin now
Geralt:btw, anything special to his pistol?
we didn’t really get to loting
DM:A middle aged man in a Ronen security uniform with short dark hair comes to talk to you.
Geralt:but i guess looting is pointless in this
Calim Gorn:I think he just had a pair of regular shock pistols
Hachikomaru:yeah you gotta spend points on it anyways
Alyssa Toress:“greetings”
Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
Hachikomaru:like you did with the treasure from the oshiro
DM:They’re pretty high quality, but not really special in the sense of being any different than regular equipment.
Hachikomaru:was gauntlets or something you took wasnt it? what did you stat em out as anyways, just curious
Asteric Halataro:“Greetings. I’m Captain Asteric Halataro, in charge of the security of Saerlon. We can take these prisoners from here.”
DM:He seems to address Alyssa primarily as though she’s in charge….
Calim Gorn:lol
Alyssa Toress:“thank you captain it would be nice to be rid of them”
Geralt:is alyssa with us now?
Calim Gorn:“Yeah, you don’t mind turning the prisoners over, do you Captain Geralt?”
(Yeah she is)
DM:Yeah she’s with you when you land, she was always in the airship with you, she just stayed sidelined for the fight.
Geralt:‘bout time you showed up.. where were you hiding?
DM:Cause you guys could handle a minor band of outlaws and she was busy doing stuff.
Geralt:hehe
Calim Gorn:lol
Geralt:“You may take them Captain.”
Asteric Halataro:"The people of Ronen are thankful for your help. We’ve had a lot of problems with outlaws ever since the war was declared. Security on a lot of places is more lax than normal."
Geralt:“I’m glad we were there to help.”

  • Asteric Halataro gives an odd look for a moment as thuogh perhaps shocked that the princess might not be in charge.
  • Calim Gorn smirks
    Asteric Halataro:“Some excellent work I have to say. Well I don’t want to keep you unless you’ve got any questions.”
    DM:His men start to haul off the prisoners.
    Geralt:“We will be in town for a while, visiting. Can you point us to appropriate quarters?”
    Asteric Halataro:“The Jade Phoenix is the finest inn is Saerlon, I can show you where it is if this si your first trip to Saerlon.”
    Geralt:“Also, have you had any other problems in the area that need our attention?”
    Calim Gorn:(Just say away from Nova Cat Inn)
    Geralt:“Spare no triviality. Anything strike you as odd recently?”
    Asteric Halataro:“Well we did have a report of Earth Demon activity, but we did a thorough examination of the area and found nothing, so my guess it was just a false alarm.”
    Alyssa Toress:insight check on that dude
    Geralt:“Oh, really? Where was this at?”
    Alyssa Toress:do i think hes being truthful or hiding anything
    Asteric Halataro:“In the farms to the south…. Justinia Lastrium was the one that filed the report… said they attacked her sister though the whole thing was puzzling as no Nuumian traces were found.”
    “You can ask her yourself if you’re curious, we’ve also had some increased smuggling at the docks too…. with the lax security more people trying to sned goods to Daelan by ship.”
    Geralt:“I’m sure you did a spendid job Captain. If you don’t mind perhaps we could hear about your investigation. It sounds interesting.”
    Hachikomaru:(whats the nova cat inn tab?)
    Calim Gorn:(lol I was making a Mechwarrior reference, Jade Phoenix and Nova Cat are clans from Mechwarrior)
    DM:Isn’t it Jade Falcon?
    Hachikomaru:ah
    Calim Gorn:Oh maybe it is, lol
    DM:I thought that was the mechwarrior one.
    Calim Gorn:Been a while since I played
    Alyssa Toress:did you see my insight check
    Asteric Halataro:“Yes of course, I even handled the matter myself. With such a serious claim coming froma distinguished officer…”
    DM:yeah heh… I was getting the insight bit. Basically he has to talk a little for you to get a feel for what he’s saying and such. insight isn’t really instant.
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    but does talking to geralt count?
    DM:Also just so you know I do make the insight checks and such in secret most of the time so you’re nto aware of how well you did heh.
    Geralt:“We’ll check with Justinia and what more do you know about the smuggling, any leads as to who is the leader there?”
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    DM:Yeah you can look at him while talking to somene else. Just takes time.
    Alyssa Toress:well you probably dont have my updated sheet
    Hachikomaru:“I think he means in the general sense.”
    DM:well I go by your insight on your token so make sure to update that
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    DM:with the F6. stat thing there’s a popup (says it’s +8 right now)
  • Calim Gorn just listens for now, looking maybe a little annoyed
    Asteric Halataro:“Not really. I mean there’s always been smugglers, but with the war going on, there’s a lot more potential for magitech to go missing if you know what I mean.”
    Alyssa Toress:yeah its supposed to 14
    sorry i updated my stats
    “captain i feel like there is something you arent being forthcoming about”
    Geralt:“Well if anything unusual happens while we are hear, especially any more earth demon reports I would appreciate you letting us know.”
    Asteric Halataro:“We do the best we can… though this sort of war is a new thing for us… the bards are already calling it the Great War.”
    Alyssa Toress:“we are people that can solve problems for the good of the empire”
    “but we need to know the facts”
    Asteric Halataro:“Well I can guarantee you I’ll give you any information we get about Earth demons to you… but like I said, it’s likely a hoax. Everyone knows there’s no Earth demons in Ronen.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and to other matters?”
    Asteric Halataro:“Well I don’t want to trouble you with a bunch of useless reports. After all not every alleyway mugger requires the attention of the Imbued… Speaking of which, for what reason have you honored us with your visit?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i would love to hear about everything captain”
    “i’m very curious”
    Calim Gorn:“Not everything requires the attention of the captain of the guard either.”
    Alyssa Toress:“as to our mission we are simply conducting a routine audit of empire assets in the area”
    gonna hp that
    29?
    Calim Gorn:lol add 10
    Yeah
    Honestly you guys are spending way too much time talking to this dude, we have a mission to do =P
    Geralt:“We are hear to see your grand city. But while we are hear we would like to be useful, it can get boring when doing simple sight seeing.”
    Asteric Halataro:“Ah of course, I suspect the empire would want to take an audit of things for the war.”
    “Well any records of military and magitech supplies I’m sure the guild of swords and the artificers willb e mroe than happy to provide.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes well perhaps we should get to our inn”
    “if we need further help i am sure you will be available?”
    Geralt:“Thank you Captain.”
    DM:You finally arrive at the jade Phoenix inn (basically he was driving you tehre during the conversation in a whirlwind wagon, which is a maigtech car).
  • Geralt heads to the inn as directed
    Asteric Halataro:"Yes, you can come to see me at the Freeland Security office. "
    Alyssa Toress:calim and i will share a room
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, gotta keep up appearances
    DM:Also anyone that has knowledges in Business, Ronen or Politics can make a knowledge roll
    Calim Gorn:Shitty
    Alyssa Toress:shitty
    DM:You can see outside the inn there’s one of Ronen’s bards, a flash man with a thin moustache, long hair and a broad hat with a feather in it. He’s outside the inn along the street selling the latest news stories…
    From what you know Freeland securities (basically the Ronen guard force) is a partner company of the Guild of Swords and is basically a privatized guard force/prison system that serves many cities in Ronen, including this one.
    Asteric Halataro:“I’ll be more than happy to answer whatever questions youv’e got.”
  • Calim Gorn catches sight of the bard and then leans in and gives Alyssa a kiss on the cheek while speaking loud enough to be overheard, “Come on dear, let’s get settled in our room.”
    DM:Bards btw in Ronne aren’t musicians but basically the name for their journalists (though like actual minstrels they do often have flashy dress, at least when selling their stories and not being deliberately undercover)
  • Bard appraoches you, probably noticing Alyssa instantly….
    DM:Indeed some of the people on the street, whcih is fairly crowded do stop and look as she gets out of the whirlwind wagon… attracting thier attetnion…
    Bard:“Greetings noble and illustrious imbued protectors of our Empire.”
    Geralt:“so much for low profile.”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles, “Well what did you expect travelling with a princess?”
    Bard:“Can I interest you in the latest news about Saerlon, only 1 gold coin…”
    Alyssa Toress:“a fair price sir bard”
  • Alyssa Toress tosses a coin
    DM:He shows you a bit of his small pamphlet of stories, the top story being “Sefiros senticed to Mind death, Sefiros fanclub divided!”
    Geralt:“Well I don;t normally have to deal with it.”
    Hachikomaru:does this place have a chinatown? lol
  • Calim Gorn frowns a little as he sees the pamphlet
    Hachikomaru:need to stock up on ramen
    DM:He hands you the news. which is written on an elaborate parchment to give it an older look than most modern documents, though tis still clearly copied using modern magitech.
    Bard:“So what brings you to Saerlon if you don’t mind me asking? I am cursed with an inquiring mind as you mgiht imagine…”
    Alyssa Toress:“would you believe vacation?”
    Bard:"Probably not… "
    “I would like to do a special story on your group, everyone is interested in the new face of the empire.”
    *faces
    Alyssa Toress:“inspection of empire assets due to war”
    “i would be happy to give an interview but i cannot speak for my associates”
    Bard:“Excellent! I’m sure everyone here would love to hear the stories all of you can tell.”
    Calim Gorn:“Are you sure about this, dear? We have a busy schedule don’t we?”
    Geralt:“hhrrrmm, Princess. We must get you to your quarters. We have not secured the area yet.”
  • Calim Gorn goes out of his way to address Alyssa affectionately, like how someone married to her should
    Alyssa Toress:“leave a note at the desk of the inn and i am sure something can be arranged”
    Bard:“A special on Rahseld’s newest power couple in the royal family! Stories of the horrors of the Earth Demons from one of Yt’s natives… and the special perspective of a native of Makoro who has many rumors about him.”
  • Hachikomaru looks on suspiciously but tight lipped as usual.
    Alyssa Toress:“if you excuse me”
    Bard:“Of course. I’ll let you get on your way.”
  • Bard gives an exaggerated dramatic bow that goes with his somewhat outlandish bard outfit.
  • Geralt takes note to see what this guy has to say about earth demons
    DM:Okay Geralt is gonna stay and listen to him a while or you gonna sk him directly? Or what?
    Geralt:not figuring he will give all the news, or is that what they do
    figuring it jusrt a headliner
    DM:Well generally they sell the equivalent of newspapers like what Aylssa bought.
    And basically yell out enticing headlines to try to get people to buy them.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah you can probably just check the thing she bought for any news
    Geralt:i’ll inquire later, after getting settled in
    DM:Yeah, you just bought his news, unless he’s holding stuff back.
    You make your way up to your rooms, I’ll assume you want to get top quality stuff fit for imbued.
    Calim Gorn:Of course
    Geralt:nop notch, since Alyssa is paying ;)
    Calim Gorn:Alyssa and I are sharing a room also
    Since we’re a married couple and all
    DM:Heh okay.
    Calim Gorn:Make sure to ask for one with a single bed
    Since that’s all we need
    DM:Hachi and Geralt staying in separate rooms?
    heh okay.
    Alyssa Toress:man when did i become our banker
    Geralt:i don;t want him shedding on my stuff
    Calim Gorn:lol
    You’re a princess, you can afford it
    Geralt:since you wanted to be royalty
    Alyssa Toress:fine i’ll just give you less an allowance
    Calim Gorn:Ouch
    Geralt:sugar momma
    Calim Gorn:I added being married to Alyssa as a Complication on my latest sheet btw T
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    Geralt:that should be a double complication\
    DM:It’s about 6-7 PM right now, so you could just get some sleep, since night has fallen though Ronen unlike Makoro is well lit in the city, so thre’s more of a nightlife.
    lol.
    Alyssa Toress:hell yeah lets party
    calim dear want to hit up the clubs
    Calim Gorn:(to Geralt) “While I admire your willingness to help, we’re on a mission and need to focus on that first off. The less time we spend poking around and asking about things the sooner we can accomplish what we came here for.”
    DM:Btw did you want to read the news you got? Or you not gonna bother and just go out and enjoy some of the nightlife. heh.
    Alyssa Toress:i’ll read it
    Calim Gorn:“That’s not to say I advocate ignoring anyone in distress if we happen to come across them, of course.”
    DM:The Lastrium farm (where the earth demon incident happened) is a few hours out from Saerlon city itself.. so it’ll take some time to get tehre, you could start taking a whirlwind wagon down tehre if youd like… and get there around 9-10.
    Or just wait until morning to do that
    Calim Gorn:Yeah might as well wait until morning
    Alyssa Toress:probably wait for morning
    Calim Gorn:Let the bards report that we totally slept together in our hotel room with one bed
    “Also, I’m sure Alyssa doesn’t need this reminder, but to you two; everyone in the empire will hear about whatever a bard hears or sees, so make sure they only hear and see what you want them to.”
    Geralt:“So don;t tell him about you and Hachi’s grooming fetish?”
  • Geralt jokes
  • Calim Gorn makes a sort of disgusted face
    DM:Alright some of the new stories of note :One covering Sefiros chopping down Taesian and specifically focusing on the fallout of the popular Sefiros fan club.A story about the Earth Demona ctivity, including rumors of a cover-up or a Daelan plot to cause panic (it’s a lot of speculation with few facts).A story about the Senator of the district possibly having a new lover…
    Also there’s another peice about the newest Archmage Helenia Chrystri and some of her personal life details.
    Hachikomaru:brb gonna go nuke a hot pocket or something
    Calim Gorn:Those things are toxic enough already
    Hachikomaru:yeah i hear ya, but i aint got time for 2 hour crock pot specials
    DM:There’s also some lesser stories about some kind of secret alliance between Persident Lastar of the Guild of Swords and Senator Adron Kortarian (also an owner of a prominent company in the Articer’s Guild)
    Alyssa Toress:“hmmm a bunch of things i want to look into”
    Hachikomaru:luckily theyre the ham ones, and nothing else quite tastes like pork :-p
    Alyssa Toress:“lastar and the senators lover”
    Hachikomaru:i do remember reading the mystery meat recall tho haha
    Calim Gorn:“Why do you care about some senator’s lover?”
    DM:Also in the back section… there’s a report of food poisoning at a local restaraunt, as well as an interview with what looks like a crazy conspiracy theorist talking about some kind of secret project being built in the desert to the west.
    Alyssa Toress:“blackmail”
    Hachikomaru:but hell thats true for all processed food, if you eat that shit and think diff, then you’re just naive as fuck
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “I see…”
    Hachikomaru:anyways brb
    Calim Gorn:“Well I suppose that is something rather unique to collect.”
    Alyssa Toress:“knowledge is power my dear”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    DM:Alright so we’ll fast forward to the next day?
    Calim Gorn:I’m good with fast forwarding
    Geralt:yep
    DM:Okay morning comes the next day with Calim and Alyssa sleeping in the same bed (though no sex happening)…
    Calim Gorn:I don’t sleep remember
    DM:oh right.
    Alyssa Toress:dont keep me up all night
    lie there quietly
    DM:Corection: wtih Alyssa sleeping in bed and Calim watching her as she sleeps.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah he’d just lie there quietly, or maybe leave the room and wander around at some point
    DM:Okay… morning comes withoutincident…. and you’re all given a complimentary breakfast in your room.
    Then you can plan where you want to go next…
    Calim Gorn:“I say we start with paying a visit to the Lastrium farm. Justinia is our primary witness after all.”
    DM:Talking to Justy at the Lastrium farm and getting her report might be the most obvious thing to do… of course, the obvious isn’t always the best…
    Geralt:“I agree.”
    Calim Gorn:“Or I suppose we could look at the list we were given and see whom else we have to talk to.”
    Geralt:“Though we maynot find much.”
    Alyssa Toress:“we may want to split up to attract less attention”
    Geralt:“We can start with her and then move on.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well i kind of attract attention”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, perhaps you want to do something about that.”
    “Though you might keep all the bards occupied while we do the work.”
    Alyssa Toress:“did i mention i can magically disguise myself”
    Calim Gorn:“Oh…?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i’m going to pretend to be some ugly woman in plain clothing”
    Geralt:“Yes, Alyssa could bring unwanted attention. Her precense in another area could be a good diversion from others though.”
    Alyssa Toress:“a servant”
    “or i could go somewhere else”
    “like geralt says”
    “i am interested in the matter of the senator”
    “and lastar”
    Geralt:“She could go check on that while we head to the farm.”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs, “Up to you, captain.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i will go meet with adron kortarian”
    Geralt:“You think you can handle it alone, or do you need Calim with you?”
    Alyssa Toress:“while you go to the farm”
    “i am perfectly capable”
    DM:Well Adron actually isn’t in Saerlon. He’s based in a different city. Though you coudl ptoetnialyl take a windrider (magitech train) there or an airship
    Calim Gorn:Or teleport
    DM:he’s fairly clsoe btu not actually in Saerlon, that was more a general Ronen news article, since he and lastar are improtant people.
    Alyssa Toress:i dont have teleport
    oh
    hmm
    DM:Yeah I got rid of long-range teleports for this campaign anyway.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:okay i am going to go into disguise and investigate the docks
    Calim Gorn:Guess we’ll head to the farm while she’s doing that
    DM:Okay you want to see what you can find out about the smuggling?
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    i am going to be disguised as just a common lady
    in poor clothes
    etc..
    DM:How you want to do that? You going to actively ask around or what? I mean… you’re not really sure if theyl’l open up to you about illegal smuggling.
    And it mgiht be odd for a random commoner to be asking questions.
    Alyssa Toress:hmm
    okay do their thing with the farm while i think of this
    DM:lol okay.
    Geralt, Calim and Hachi head to the farm. Travelling in a whirlwind wagon to get out into the countryside, as the urban area of Saerlon gives way to suburbs and then a rural area.
  • Calim Gorn has flashbacks of a previous life (j/k)
    DM:You’ve been here when you visited with Suzu so you know where it is witout problems. Well except Hachi.
    Alyssa Toress:i’ll be disguised in nice clothing but not like princess clothing and try to find someone to talk to about getting looted yt artifacts into ronen
    DM:THough Hachi has trouble concentrating as you pass by the farm where Old Yeller was shot.
    Alyssa Toress:and change my face and hair and stuff
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:lol
    luckily im immune to rabies!
    DM:Okay… I’ll do the bit at the farm first… I’ll give Alyssa an investigation check though to see if you turn up anything…. since she’s basically asking around trying to dig up something.. also does Alyssa have the contacts advantage or something similar to help wtih knowing people?
    Alyssa Toress:no i didnt know it existed
    Calim Gorn:Yeah there’s two advantages, Connected and Contacts
    DM:Yuo arrive at the Lastrium farm… where one of Justy’s brothers, Angelo Lastrium welcomes you in.
    Also I’ll give you an isnight check too, basically to try to discover the best people to talk to, and avoid asking some undercover guard or someone that’s gonna turn you in.
    The farm also has some added security around it from the guild of sworeds too, though they seem willing to let you guys in.
    Calim Gorn:“Greetings, Angelo. Nice to see you again. Is Justinia in?”
    DM:He shows you to her and Justy comes out to meet you in the common dining table of the modest farmhouse
    Geralt:“Hello Justinia. Thank you for seeing us this morning.”
    DM:I’ll get to Alyssa’s bit after this scene.
    Geralt:“We were in town and heard about you seeing some earth demons.”
  • Justy S. Lastrium nods.
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Yeah. Sayuri detected some Nuumian with one of her sensors and went out looking for them… then when Yuri went missing I went looking for her.”
    Geralt:“Please tell us what happened.”
    “What did the captain do when you told him?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“I never told him, I just went looking myself… and I managed to find Yuri in this cave about a few miles southwards.”
    “She was still alive when i got there, though she was attacked by an earth demon or at least something that really looked like one.”
    Calim Gorn:“Can you describe it for us?”
    Geralt:“Have you seen an earth demon before?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“They’d kidnapped some local girl from what I found out later.”
    “Yeah.. though not that kind of Earth Demon…”
    Geralt:“Earth demons kidnapped someone?”
    ((Luckly i have Shaggy and Scooby here with me, so we can catch the costumes villian.))
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Justy S. Lastrium:(lol)
    Calim Gorn:I don’t know about this Scoob!
    DM:hold on, one sec.
    Geralt:((I ahve some scooby snacks for ya.)
    Calim Gorn:Zoinks!
    Justy S. Lastrium:(ok back)
    Geralt:“So when did the captain get involved?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Yeah,t ehy kidnapped a local girl from around here… or at least I think they did…”
    “Sayuri went to rescue her.. but…. the earth demon got her… she was hurt pretty badly… though she didn’t have any Nuumian poisoning when they checked her out later… and the Earth demon didn’t seem to come to attack me, it let me pick up Yuri… well at least until that other guy came.”
    Calim Gorn:“Other guy?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Yeah…he came from behind… he had cloth covering his face, and a bunch of magitech gear… The way he moved, he must have been imbued… or enhanced by some really powerful magic.”
    Geralt:“Go on.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“He came in the tunnel wanting to fight the Earth demon.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm… Any ideas who he might be?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“No idea… but he wasn’t alone.. when I left the hole wtih Sayuri… there were a bunch of vehicles and soldiers… looked like some kind of black ops.”
    “They weren’t any guild unit I know of.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm…”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“There was 12 of the soldiers plus the original Imbued I mentioned.”
    Calim Gorn:(Can I make a Military check to know about Imbued with super speed and heavy use of Magitech?)
    (Actually that sounds like me, lol)
    DM:well I mean plenty of Imbued are faster than normal humans heh.
    So taht ain’t really all that big a cluie to narrow shit down. it wasn’t like he has super blinding speed or something, just more that level fo unnatural speed that a lort of Imbued posses.
    Calim Gorn:(Yeah but how many Imbued rely on Magitech devices instead of some special powers)
    DM:So I mean that probably eliminates a lot of the Yt imbued or the Makoro ones since it’s magitech.
    Well you don’t know the magitech was giving him his speed, he just had magitech devices.
    So probably a Ronen or Rahseldian, or perhaps a Yt or Makoro native with a more magitech open mind. heh.
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
    Hachikomaru:“Bizarre, to say the least.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“My first priority was saving Yuri at that point so I ran to a nearby farmhouse, the soldiers didn’t seem interested in me…”
    “So I dropped off Yuri there, she was beat up but she was gonig to be okay with some rest, and then I headed back to get the other girl that was kidanpped…”
    “Weird thing too, I saw a fancy looking bed just past the earth demon in that corridor before… and apparently there was word some furniture was stolen earlier that day too… I’ve never seen earth demons behave like that.”
    “But tehy seemed to want to take good care of her.”
    Calim Gorn:“Strange…”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Anyway… when I got back there the original Imbued in black was coming out of the hole and his soldiers all had detonators they were gonna collapse the cave.”
    “Ther3 was no sign of the hostage, they were just gonna bury her in there.”
    “So I had to do something, i ran and grabbed some of their explosive charges and tossed em away… that’s when the soldiers didn’t liek that so there was a little incident.”
    Calim Gorn:“Sounds like this girl witnessed something that they didn’t want her witnessing.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:"I kicked away their explosives and ran down there.. and I found a couple dead earth demons or it looked that way anyway.. the place was surprisingly well furnished too, even had a carpet… "
    “It was a copy of a Ronen farmhouse or at least some kind of earth demon approxmiation… "
    Geralt:“Doesn’t sound like earth demon behavior to me.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Then I found the girl… she was laying bleeding with a stab wound in the gut… I’m guessing from the spear that original Imbued was carrying…”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Fortunately the soldiers weren’t bold enough to shoot at an Imbued and let me run out of there… and they were already trying to set up more demolition charges.”
    “Their leader did try to kill the girl.. saying a blightsteel blade got her… and that he was going to put her out of her misery.”
    “I amnaged to pull her out of safety before his spear struck… running as fast as I could.. .it’s a good thing Captain Halataro showed up at that point, and the soldiers didn’t seem to want to get into a drawn out fight.. so they blew the cave and took off…”
    Geralt:“Where is the girl now?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“I moved her to a guild controlled facility in the city, amde sure she was really well protected in case they came back to try to take her down. ONly let in people I could trust. She’s still been mosttly unconsciuos and we didn’t get a chance to fully question her yet.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm… At least she’s well protected. You’re sure you can trust the people at that facility though?”
    Geralt:“So the captain never spoke with her?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Captain’s been wanting to see her, but I figured it’d be best to keep her visitors small… they been over the destroyed area looking for Nuumian traces but tehy can’t find any…. so they think it was some kind of hoax.. but Sayuri definiteyl found some Nuumian on her sensor.”
    Geralt:“Did you tell him about her?”
    nm that last
    “Possible it could have just been traces from weapons or gear.”
    Hachikomaru:“Maybe the source of the Nuumian, they took with them.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“The captain hasn’t talked to her yet… though I said I’d let him as soon as we were sure she’d recovered… he seemed okay with letting me handle it.”
    Calim Gorn:“What about Sayuri? Is she doing okay?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Yeah Sayuri is here, she was pretty badly beat up, but no earth rot.”
    Calim Gorn:“What has she said about what she saw?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“You can talk to her if you want, though I don’t know if she’ll have too much to say.. she saw about what I saw…”
    “She did say the earth demon could have finished her off easy before I got there, but it didn’t.”
    Hachikomaru:“Perhaps, the nuumian was the bait, and your sister the fish they were looking to catch.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“It just knocked her back and didn’t let her into the area it was guarding or get to the hostage…”
    “Broke some of her ribs… but it didn’t sem interested in killing her or me…. though it wasnt letting us get to the hostage.”
    Calim Gorn:“It sounds like there’s something special about this girl… I wonder what the interest in her is exactly.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“As far as we could tell she’s jsut a teenage girl froma local farm…. ntohing special about her at all.”
    Calim Gorn:“She’s been checked for Nuumian?”
    Geralt:“It doesn’t seem like she was much of a hostage based on the description you gave. More like a quest.”
    guest
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, that’s what I don’t get. It sounds like the Earth Demons were treating her kindly and trying to make her comfortable.”
    “Were they acting under orders from some higher intelligence? Or is there something special about this girl that attracted them to her?”
    DM:As for Geralt’s monster lore stuff. he does think this si very odd for earth demons… generally their behaviro is myuch more destructive, killing those that anger them… and kidnapping isn’t really thier thing. He has heard stories of earth demon priests making sacrifices to them though….
    Hachikomaru:“What about communication?”
    DM:Of course there are no real priests in this area…
    Justy S. Lastrium:“The Earth Demon tried to talk to me…. I jsut couldn’t really understand it.”
    Hachikomaru:“Maybe the girl could.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“I guess it was saying some kind of warning if I had to guess, but I don’t speak earth demon.”
    Calim Gorn:“What did it look like?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“About 7 feet tall, big stone humanoid with eyes like coal… sure looked liek an earth demon. though I didn’t see any bightsteel on it.”
    Calim Gorn:“Ring any bells, Geralt?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“As for the girl, she did have some traces of Nuumian… though not the kind you’d have from getting stabbed from a blightsteel weapon.”
    Hachikomaru:“It could have been a golem for all we know.”
  • Hachikomaru shrugs.
    Justy S. Lastrium:“My guess is it might have been proximity to the two dead earth demons that those soldiers killed.”
    Calim Gorn:“No, there’s something more than that going on if the girl had traces of Nuumian on her.”
    “Has she been tested for Nuumian since you secured her in the facility?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Of course, everyone is eager to cover this thing up and attribute it to Daelan creating fear beause there’s not supposed to be Earth demons on this continent.”
    Hachikomaru:“That could be the creatures interest in her, alternatively.”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Yeah we found some Nuumian, though not enough to hurt her hopefully.”
    Hachikomaru:“If the nuumian came from another source than themselves.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“That guy was full of shit saying she was hit by blightsteel, I know that mcuh”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps her body has a natural affinity for it, or her body’s levels of Nuumian are abnormally high for some reason.”
    “And that attracted the attention of the Earth Demons.”
    Hachikomaru:“Whatever the case, this scenario smells of deception and illusion.”
    Calim Gorn:“Do you know the girl’s name? Or anything about her history?”
    Hachikomaru:“It’s just by which actor.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“I don’t know.. I thougtt she was just an ordinary girl.. but who knows.. with all the weird stuff that’s been going on lately….”
    “Her name was Callinica Niceavarius.”
    Calim Gorn:“Do we have anything in our notes about that name?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“She’s just a girl from a local farm like I said… I don’t think there’s anything special about her. I’ve known her since I was a little girl.”
    DM:Yeah it’s listed in Justy’s report that you got.
    Calim Gorn:“You don’t recall anything unusual about her? Or any odd incidents happening around her?”
    “Maybe something that seemed out of place but not really unordinary at the time?”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Other than her getting kidnapped in a region where Earth Demons aren’t suppsoed to exist? No.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm…”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“She was pretty quiet… though not weird quiet.. just regular quiet.
    Calim Gorn:”Does she have family in the area still?"
    Hachikomaru:“Do you have anything that may have her smell on it?”
    “A piece of clothing or some such.”
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Yeah she’s got family you can talk to.. her farms about a couple miles from here.”
  • Calim Gorn nods, “Mind if we chat with Sayuri a little?”
    Calim Gorn:(Figure can just FF if Yuri doesn’t really have anything new to add)
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Nah go right ahead…. she knows you guys.”
    DM:Sayuri is laying in bed, bandaged where her ribs got broken…. what questions you have for her?
    Calim Gorn:Just wanting to know what happened from her perspective, what she saw, etc
    DM:Not sure if you had anything specific.
    Calim Gorn:Also does she still have the detector she used
    Sayuri Lastrium:“I heard that Calli went missing… so I went looking for her, cause I wanted to be a hero just like Justy…”
    “I asked around and someone was saying Earth demons did it… or at least they saw something really stony looking. So I built up a quick Nuumian detector, then I just followed it…”
    “I found this weird cave… and found that Earth Demon blocking the way… I could hear Calli asking for help back there when I called out to her… so I decided to fight.”
    “It didn’t go as well I as I hoped….”
  • Calim Gorn pats her on the head, “I’m sure you’ve already gotten an earful from Justy, so I won’t scold you too much.”
    Calim Gorn:“The detector you built, do you still have it?”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“Yeah.. but it got busted up some in the fight…”
    Calim Gorn:“Mind if I take a look?”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“I guess if you want…”
    “It’s over there on the table… the thing in peices.”
  • Calim Gorn takes a look at it
    Calim Gorn:lol of course
  • Hachikomaru sniffs around the place, just getting familiar with the smells.
    DM:It is indeed a damaged Numian detector, custom made from the looks of it. Well you guess it’s a custom Nuumian detector.. cause your technology skill ain’t really familair with it.
    It’s definiteyl not a standard model.
    Calim Gorn:Does it look fixable?
    DM:By you? probably not.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Geralt:((how about by me?? ;) ))
    Calim Gorn:“Wow, nice job… It’s too bad it got busted up though. I wish I could fix it for you but it seems like I’ve still got a long way to go to match you, haha…”
    DM:Unfortunately Geralt is lacking the components of the miracle magitech repair potion that was mentioned to him by a particularly drunk witcher.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Geralt:hehe
    Calim Gorn:Yeah and Sayuri is probably too hurt to fix it herself
    Sayuri Lastrium:“It’s okay, I migth fix it up when I’m feeling better. If Suzu is with you, maybe she coudl take a look at it?”
    Calim Gorn:“Hey, that’s a good idea. How about I have her come pay you a visit?”
    DM:Yeah Sayuri is a magitech genius basically she did recently develop a new revultioniary miniturzed communications system that can fit in a helmet.
    Geralt:“Don;t forget I have my amulet if all you want is to detect nuumian.”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“That’d be great. I had a lot of fun with her. I was hoping she’d come back.”
  • Calim Gorn nods, “I’ll let her know you wanna see her then.”
    Calim Gorn:“Say, about Calli, the girl you tried to rescue? Do you know her really well? Justy said she was a friend.”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“Yeah… we all know her, I mean she wasn’t the most sociable… kinda shy, she kept to herself, I thought she was pretty cute.”
    Calim Gorn:“Has anything strange like this ever happened around her before?”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“Nope.. it’s her first time getting kidnapped… I heard she was in really bad shape… is she gonna be okay?”
    Calim Gorn:“Yeah, Justy was able to rescue her, so I’m sure she’ll be fine.”
    Geralt:“We still need to go see her, but will tell her you asked about her.”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“I know she was a lot worse off than me…. I wish I could have helped her.”
    “But I’m not as good at being a hero as Justy is.”
    Calim Gorn:“You did your best. But try not to be so reckless from now on, you aren’t an Imbued like she is after all.”
    “That doesn’t mean you can’t still be a hero in your own way though.”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“That’s what she said.”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles
    Calim Gorn:All right guess we’ll let Sayuri rest and head out
    “Well, where to now, Captain Geralt?”
    (Can maybe switch to Alyssa for a bit)
    DM:Okay I’m gonna go to Alyssa right now while you decide to your next move
    Yeah… heh.
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    Geralt:“We should go speak with this Calli. She will have more information.”
  • Geralt will travel to see her while Alyssa investigates the docks
    Hachikomaru:I’ll go sniff around the farm as a whole to familiarize myself with the various scents, especially incase i should encounter them elsewhere, so wanted to make note of that
    including the sealed cave
    DM:Alright… Alyssa manages to walk around the docks area asking around. and using her charm and insight manages to find her way to someone that agrees to meet with her in the back room of a rather seedy bar called the Mermaids Tail…
    okay… you’d have to go to the sealed cave that’s a few miles from here.
    But you coudl go there beforehand….
    Anyway… as for Alyssa….
    Calim Gorn:Yeah might as well check out the scene of the crime
    DM:Herlock you here?
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    i already said i am here
    DM:okay.
    oh heh… I missed it up there… sorry.
    Alyssa Toress:scrol up :P
    DM:Alright… Alyssa (currently in disguise) is led off to a small backroom to do business with a thin Ronen man in a grey hat with a short brim.
    Man:“So I hear you’re looking to offload some artifacts from Yt…”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes and looking to avoid undue attention by…those who frown on such things”
    Man:“Yeah I understand.. though I am a bit curious who I’m doing business with…” "
    “Well I shouldn’t say doing business with, I mean this isn’t my thing… I just might know a friend of a friend.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i understand you need to be discreet to stay in business”
    “as well do i”
  • Man nods.
    Man:“Well don’t worry, discretion is my middle name.”
    Alyssa Toress:“an odd middle name”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:“we can get to assurances later for now lets settle the details”
    Man:“Whatever keeps the authorities looking the other way… not that too many peopel care really.. I mean, it’s not like the clans really need that stuff.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i have 16 crates about 2 meets long by 1 meter high and wide i need move through the port”
    meters* not meets
    Man:“Well I think that could be accomodated. You’ve arleady got a ship coming in?”
    Alyssa Toress:“if its possible to do this without arrousing inspections then i will wish to do business under terms we can both find agreeable”
    “no i did not think it wise to send a ship before caring for its unloading”
  • Man nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“what is the rate for such an endouver?”
    Man:“Well hypothetically if I was the kind of man who handled that sort of thing, or knew someone that did, the rate would be 100 gold pieces per crate.”
    “That’s what I’ve heard anyway.”
    Alyssa Toress:is that a lot of money T?
    can i afford that?
    DM:It’s a decent amount of money, but not really outlandish, it’s a pretty standard smuggling price heh.
    What’s your resources right now?
    Alyssa Toress:resources how
    or what
    DM:oh did you take the benefit (wealthy) advantage?
    Alyssa Toress:no
    was i supposed to
    DM:oh okay… I mean you’d have to get some money from your house to afford that.
    Well you don’t have to.
    Alyssa Toress:can i take it
    Calim Gorn:Call mom and ask for an advance on your allowance
    DM:it’s just without it it’s basicalyl ike your house pays for most stuff, which makes it tougher to stealthily make deals and such.. but you can get money from your mom basically
    Yeah I’d let you take it if you had some points (at least to a limit), like you can be up to a millionaire basically (think that’s like rank 3)
    Alyssa Toress:okay i will take 3 points
    DM:Do you have points to spend?
    Alyssa Toress:yes
    “i think i can agree to that”
    DM:Alright if you got 3 ranks you could manage that kind of payment.
    Alyssa Toress:“do i need to see your friend to arrange the final details?”
    Man:“Of course we do require payment in advance… If you get the money together we can work out a meeting between you and the man pulling the strings.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i will return here tomorrow with the money”
    i assume this city has banks
    Man:“Of course be careful… I’ve heard that Emerald Band is in town… Doubt they’ll be a problem, but who knows what they’re snooping around for. Don’t want to attract too mcuh suspicion.”
    DM:Yeah it’s got banks.
    Alyssa Toress:“i’ll be discreet”
    do these people still use precious metal coinage
    Man:“One of them is from Yt too…. heard he’s a real freak too… some people were saying he can turn into a giant white dog.”
    Alyssa Toress:am i really supposed to carry around 1600 gold coins
    havent they heard of paper money
    fiat currency my friend
    DM:heh… well you can just get a leter of credit.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    Geralt:what is the deal with people confusing me and hachi
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Geralt:or blending us
    DM:Well you both have whitish hair, and Yt has a lot of werewolves.
    So there’s a lot of confusion there heh.
    Since they probably hear something like “the white haired one can turn into a giant dog”
    Calim Gorn:Maybe you could give a joint interview with one of the local bards and make sure they all note the differences
    DM:And so they kinda assume it’s Geralt they’re talking about, since werewolves are pretty common among the lcans.
    Geralt:uum, no thanks
    DM:Makoro has a bit more refined an appearance with the samurai and such so they don’t assume it’s Sef that does that.
    Anmyway… Alyssa heads off to get her letter of credit.. as she’s walking out of the bar… she notices a few individuals playing a colorful card game called “Fuck the princess” which is apparently played using cards with nude drawings of the various princesses of Rahseld on them, of which the latest edition features Arielle and Alyssa extensively.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    DM:It’s quite popular in Ronen, at least among the less refined people…
    Alyssa Toress:sigh
    i’m gonna keep walking
    Calim Gorn:Is there a set with Laventa on them? I guess she’s not technically a princess though…
    Hachikomaru:lol
    DM:They do have her on some cards… I mean every card generally has a different person.
    Calim Gorn:I gotta make sure I pick up a set then
    DM:Though the more popualr figures are on multiple cards.
    Hachikomaru:Fuck the king by Sandor Clegane, lemme know when that card game comes out
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Each set kinda has its own artists rendition of it of course…. some more crude sets even featuring the princesses in orgies or even engaging in beastiality or other truly disgraceful practices.
    It’s truly a coarse game which one migth expect seedy sailors and thugs to be playing.
    Calim Gorn:See, this is what happens when you allow the peasants to have freedom of speech
    DM:The cards are illegal in Rahseld and anyone having them is sentenced to the dungeons.
    Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna keep walking
    DM:Anyway… Il’l go back to the first group (we’ll alternate each scene… since I assume Alyssa is just gonig to get the money right and will meet back the next day?)
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    next day
    we dont need to rp me getting money do we
    fucking like the quest in witcher 3 where you go to a bank and have to wait in line
    DM:Alright Geralt, Hachi and Calim want to visit the scnee of the crime first? or going right to visit Calli?
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:its in the 2nd exapsnion
    Calim Gorn:Might as well visit the crime scene since we’re close by
    DM:lol.. well since it’s not Geralt doing it, we probably won’t do that…
    Geralt:the cave and villiage
    DM:If G was doing it I guess I would have to make him wait in line
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    DM:But they’ll open a new line for a princess.
    Geralt:i guess i didn’t do that quest.. never had to wait in line at the bank
    DM:The cave isn’t there anymore, though there is an obvious place where the explosives blasted… collapsing part of a small hill. you can see where the cave migth have been.. there’s a bit of a depression in the ground there, but that’s about it… it was buried pretty thoroughly…
    Calim Gorn:Looks like the cave completely collapsed in? Or just the entrance?
    Geralt:my amulet pulsing?
    DM:You’re not really sure…. I mean originalyl according to Justy it was basicalyl liek a hole in the ground. Not realyl a cave entrance in the side.
    Nah the amulet isn’t pulsing with any detected monsters. I mean, I’m assuming in witcher fashion it’d only detecting living Earth Demons anyway.
    Calim Gorn:Heh well the way it’s statted it’s just yes/no for Nuumian
    Not “living Nuumian” or anything
    DM:Well he has a detect magic and a detect monster thing.
    I sorta assumed the monster variation would only detect lviing stuff. Since that’s the way it works in the game anyway, heh.
    Won’t trigger from corpses, which can be a good or bad thing depending.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah but its not the game
    Calim Gorn:lol well what matters is how he statted it
    Not how it works in the game
    Alyssa Toress:and the amulet doesnt actually detect monsters it just detects magic…. monsters are magic
    like in the games the amulet shouldnt detect like… a wolf since they arent magic
    DM:Yeah his won’t detect a wolf. I mean it’s M&M so you can kinda set the descriptors how you want. And I assumed at least that’d it be as accurate to the game as possible since that’s what G was going for heh. I mean it could be set to detect dead stuff of course that’d limit its utility in fights.
    Geralt:no, the it detects magic and monsters that are magical… in game it detects places of power and strong magic
    DM:since if you kill something itl’l still be vibrating constantly heh.
    Geralt:once killed though it is assumed the “magic” leaves with the spirit
    DM:Yeah. I mean I figured we’d have the amulet behave that way in game. Obviously can behave differently if you want. Either way works, it’s just I assumed before it was only alive stuff.
    Geralt:so what i’m looking for are traces of nuumian
    DM:Yeah. I mean, it doesn’t really detect minute traces very well. Like it’ll detect actual earth magic spells and such or high concentrations.. but there’s nothing really nearby that it’ll detect in lingering traces.
    Geralt:would have to be relatively strong though, like an item or a creature or a spell
    DM:Yeah.
    Calim Gorn:“Well, we don’t really have the equipment for excavation work… I suppose we could requisition some though.”
    Geralt:“I guess we can check out the viliage and see what people can tell us about the girl from their perspective.”
    DM:Calim can hear the voice of Darien Gorn in his head saying “And tehy called me mad for retrofitting a Shiadar to dig!!”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “Yes, her home is supposed to be near here. We could talk to her family.”
  • Calim Gorn glances around the area for anything that might catch his eye
    DM:Give me an investigation check.
    Calim Gorn:lol nope
    Somebody else try
    Alyssa Toress:i’m not with you
    DM:Calim finds something that he thinks mgith have cracked the case, then realizes it’s just a pile of dog shit.
    Calim Gorn:“Hachi, ew.”
    Geralt:Investigation: [1d20+5}
    DM:Hachi must now make a will save to avoid eating it.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:You don’t turn up anything pertinent, do you want to go question the girls family? Or you going right to question Calli herself back in the city?
    Calim Gorn:Need Investigate check from Hachi
    Geralt:ask around town about the girl, find out about her behavior/habits
    Calim Gorn:lol geez
    DM:Hachi chases his tail.
    Geralt:we all suck ass
    Hachikomaru:yeah batman we are not
    Calim Gorn:Can Hachi pick up anything with his scent?
    DM:Alright if you’re just gonna ask around various people that’ll take some time, but Il’l give you each a persuasion cehck to ask around and get info from her neighbors and such
    Hachikomaru:we could try to excavate the hole for any clues, but not sure what else we can do here
    DM:Well he can smell that Sayuri and Justy were around here… not sure what else you’d want him to sniff out.
    Geralt:that is prec based?
    prescence?
    DM:Yeah prescence based.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah Presence
    Geralt:[Persuasion: [1d20+8]
    DM:Okay, so you want to interview the neighbors and use up some time doing that? It’ll prob be evening by the time you’re done with that.
    Calim Gorn:“I think we should talk to the girl first if her family isn’t around. I’d rather not waste too much time getting to her.”
    DM:Well Geralt is going around asking a bunch of people. he already made the roll heh… so I assumed that’s what’s going on.
    I will include asking the girl’s family and such in that, but he’s basically getting a detailed interview from a bunch of people.
    Geralt:i just saw the request for a roll
    Calim Gorn:Heh… Oh well, if we get there too late and she’s dead it’s his fault =P
    DM:heh okay.. you do a thorough investigation… Hachi interviews local dogs to much less effect than you talking to people.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:You manage to question several of her neighbors and her parents, and I’ll summarize the info you get…
    Basically you learn that Calli was a quiet girl, she liked to read, more of a shy stay-at-home type… she did apparently have a fascination for the culture of Makoro, and even learned to read the Tai language so she could read some of their books.
    She had a boyfriend taht you talked to, though as far as you can tell he just confirmed what the otehrs said about her. You didn’t get anyone reporting she was involved in anything particularly strange.
    Though you did hear that various peices of furniture were stolen from some farms in the area, matching what Justy described (or at least some of it) in the cave.
    the carpet, bed, dining room table, etc….
    Calim Gorn:Was there any evidence left at any of the places where stuff was stolen?
    DM:Hmm give me some investigation checks if you want to spend time investigating the scenes of the crime…
    Calim Gorn:lol, well we know how that went last time
    Do we want to spend the extra time?
    DM:I dunno, do you? :P
    Calim Gorn:Geralt is the leader =P
    Geralt:how fast did wedot he asking in town?
    with the rolls?
    DM:It’s about early evening right now.
    Geralt:we can always check out the other criome scenes later…
    lets check in on the gorl
    DM:You generally spent the day out here interviewing peopel and such.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’d like to question the girl first
    DM:Oh you also did hear there were a bunch of people asking questions before you… though you kinda assume that they were probably mostly bards trying to get a story…
    The earth demon scare did draw a lot of attention despite them trying to cover up most of it.. though it died down after it was concluded by most that it was probably a hoax.
    Calim Gorn:Nobody knows about the girl having mysterious powers or strange shit happening around her or anything?
    DM:You didn’t hear anything about that.
    Calim Gorn:k
    DM:Justy’s family is really the only interesting family in the area anyone seemed to talk about as far as strange powers.
    There was no accusations of witchcraft or anything.
    And her family had no real inclination for magic (that anyone knew about anyway)
    Calim Gorn:Okay let’s go talk to the girl I guess
    DM:Though some witnesses do mention seeing the soldiers Justy described as well.
    Calim Gorn:Anybody know anything about the soldiers?
    DM:Though they can’t reallly provide any more information about them… beyond that they apparently drove off towards the south, away from Saerlon when the captain and his guard force arrived.
    They had no markings, two vehicles and obviously worked hard to conceal thir identities.
    Calim Gorn:What’s to the south? Anything of note?
    DM:The river goes that way, into the mountains… along with some more farmland…
    I mean they could have a secret base down there, or it was possible tehy were just trying to dodge the authorities coming from the north.
    Apparently from what you gather btw they did originally come from the north.
    So they probably came from Saerlon.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, okay
    DM:You could head south if you like continuing to interview people trying to track their movements
    Geralt:nope
    DM:See if you can pick up the trail and learn something about where they went, if they circled around back or what not.
    Calim Gorn:Might do that later
    Geralt:the girl.. stop trying to siderail us
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:hey I’m not trying to do anything you asked :P
    Alright you guys start heading back to Saerlon.. meanwhile.. with Alyssa…
    She gets back to the inn, (it’s not the next day yet…) but it seems the bard left a message to interview her and is waiting… assuming she wants to do the interview or she can try to dodge him…
    Alyssa Toress:nah i’l do the interview
    DM:The bard opens it up with a few easy questons which I’ll fast forward past, just about your life in the palace.. but does ask a few tougher ones which I wll RP out…
    Bard:“Most people in Ronen consider you and Calim to be the perfect couple. Can you share anything about your relationship?”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:“well he doesnt sleep much as part of being imbued and sometimes he wakes me up at night while he is reading book or eating a sandwhich or something and thats the one thing i would really say is keeping us from being perfect”
    DM:Well Alyssa and Calim are both super attractive so of course they’re a popular couple heh.
    Alyssa Toress:“its hard to be perfect and we all have our faults”
    Calim Gorn:Calim doesn’t have to eat so he wouldn’t wake you up with the sandwhich =P
    Alyssa Toress:you might eat for fun
    Calim Gorn:Yeah true I guess
    Alyssa Toress:yiou dont have to
    DM:heh yeah he can eat. He jsut doesn’t have to.
    Alyssa Toress:but you can eat right
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    Alyssa Toress:see
    Calim Gorn:Mostly when he eats it’s out of curiosity
    Alyssa Toress:maybe you are like oh shit this sandy taste amazing
    sandwich
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:so he’s never shit before either
    Guyz whats happening! after eating
    Alyssa Toress:sef please
    Hachikomaru:will he need a caesarian?
    maybe he has the eat food merit like in vampire
    just trying to help the press!
    inquiring minds want to know!
    Bard:"So that’s his only fault? "
    Alyssa Toress:“well i dont know if i care for his fashion sense”
    “men dont have the same understanding of fashion that a lady does”
    Bard:“That is very true… and the Gorn fashion sense is a bit utilitarian compared to the beauty of the Toress style.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes you understand perfectly”
    Calim Gorn:(It covers what needs to be covered, what else do you need)
    Alyssa Toress:(look i am trying to give some fluff answers okay)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Bard:“So is Calim the only man you need, or are there others, the Toress do have a reputation for having other male lovers..”
    Alyssa Toress:“toress do have a reptuation i understand but i’m my own woman”
  • Bard nods.
    DM:I’ll give you a persuasion check here as well.
    You manage to charm him with your general presence to the point he seems to be willing to take your vague answers without really pressing for more detaisl, and instead asking mroe softball quesitons.
    Alyssa Toress:great
    DM:Fortunately the people seem clueless about Calim and Laventa’s involvement… and you manage to get through the interview without any furtther issues (unless there’s something speicfic you wnated to mention/bring up)
    Calim Gorn:She’s clueless about it too lol
    Alyssa Toress:nope
    DM:Okay… we’ll go back to the other group as they get to the secure structure Justy has Calli secured in… It’s a guild of Swords facilit with strong guard that only lets you because tehy apparently recieved word from Justy.
    You get into a small room where the girl, a seemingly normal brown-haired girl… ios laying on a bed. she’s definiteyl worse off than Sayuri, and rather weak. They’e apparently given her a few books to read.as well… one of them Hachi notices is written in the Tai language… it’s an anient Makoro tale about the Great dragons.
    Calli seems a bit worried as you walk in, not sure who you are…
    Hachikomaru:im gonna go heat up some more grub, afk
    Calim Gorn:“Hi Calli, we’d like to ask you a few questions if you don’t mind. We’ve been asked to find out about what happened to you.”
  • Callinica Niceavarius slowly nods.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Who are you?”
    Calim Gorn:“My name is Calim Gorn, and this is Geralt and Hachikomaru. We’re Imbued from Aylanae. You’ve heard of it?”
  • Calim Gorn does his best to be friendly and disarming, so as not to indimidate the girl
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Aylanae? Yeah…”
  • Callinica Niceavarius looks surprised at the question a bit… everyone in the empire knows about Imbued….
    Calim Gorn:“Do you mind telling us about what happened to you?”
    “There are a lot of rumors going around. We want to hear about it in your words.”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I can’t remember all that clearly.. but… I was kidnapped.”
    “I was just heading home from school and then soemthing grabbed me…. I couldn’t scream… it held my mouth shut.. and it took me down into this cave…”
    “Then it wouldn’t let me leave…”
    Calim Gorn:“Did you see what grabbed you?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“It was kind of like a person, but made of rock… with these dead black eyes… like the night sky.”
    Calim Gorn:“Did it say anything to you while it had you in the cave?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Yeah it said a lot of things, but I couldn’t understand.”
    Calim Gorn:“Was there just one? Or did any others show up?”
  • Hachikomaru paces around the room, taking in the smells, while Calim interviews the girl.
    Callinica Niceavarius:"There were two of them there msot of the time, but a third one…. that looked a little different…. came up from the ground one time and talked to the others…. "
    “It just pased through the ground like it wasn’t there.”
    Calim Gorn:“Have you ever seen creatures like that before?”
    Geralt:“Hmm, now that is something interesting.”
  • Hachikomaru seems intrigued.
  • Callinica Niceavarius shakes her head.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“They’re earth demons right?”
    Calim Gorn:“We don’t know for certain… Did they injure you at any point? Or do anything hostile towards you?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“They wouldn’t let me leave…. but they didn’t really hurt me, they just grabbed me and pushed me back… then when Sayuri came to help me…. the one hurt her…”
    “The people here tell me she’sokay though…”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I heard her cry out in pain, I thought the demon was going to kill her.”
    Calim Gorn:“We saw her earlier. She’s still recovering from her injuries, but she’ll be fine with time.”
    “Can you think of any reason why the creatures would kidnap you?”
    Geralt:“In fact she asked about you, wanted to make sure you were ok.”
  • Callinica Niceavarius shakes her head in response to Calim.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I was hoping you’d know…”
    Calim Gorn:“Well, I had some ideas, but it doesn’t seem like any of them are panning out… You’re sure there’s nothing special about you that they might be attracted to?”
  • Callinica Niceavarius shakes her head.
    DM:As far as Geralt’s insight can tell him, she seems to be telling the truth… as she sees it anyway.
    Hachikomaru:“Have you had any strange dreams?”
  • Hachikomaru says turning to face the girl.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I had one dream where my house was filling up with water and I was trying to get out….”
    “there was some kind of monster in there with me…”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm…”
    Hachikomaru:“Was this before or after your encounter?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Before…”
    Calim Gorn:“I’ve heard you’ve read lots of books. Have you ever read anything about the different types of magic?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Yeah. I’ve read a lot about magic… though I don’t have any actual books that tell how to do it.”
    Hachikomaru:“What were you studying in school prior to your encounter with the creatures?”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, I see… So you’ve never tried any spells or anything?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Well I tried before, but I don’t think it was real magic…”
    Calim Gorn:“What did you try?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Studying in school? Some history and math.. the usual stuff I guess…”
    (to Calim) “It was one of the cheap magic books…. the mass produced ones…. 100 easy spells to improve everyday living. It was suppsoed to be a hair-drying spell.”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles
    Calim Gorn:“I see… Did it work?”
  • Callinica Niceavarius shakes her head.
    Calim Gorn:“When did you try that spell?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I don’t know.. maybe a year ago….”
    “You think that’s the reason?”
    Calim Gorn:“Well, I don’t know… It sounds pretty unlikely, doesn’t it? But this is a really strange case, so we have to look at every little detail.”
    “Do you still have that book?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Yeah probably… it’s in my room somewhere… I had a lot of books.”
    “My parents always said one day I’d build my own library.”
  • Calim Gorn smiles, “That sounds like an admirable goal.”
    Calim Gorn:“Do you remember anything about the men who came while you were in the cave?”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“There was one dressed in black…. he had this spear…. and…”
    DM:You can tell the memory is rather traumatic for her…
    Calim Gorn:“That’s okay, you don’t have to say anymore, I’m sorry for bringing it up.”
  • Calim Gorn pats her hand comfortingly
  • Calim Gorn glances up at Geralt and Hachi, “Either of you have any questions for her?”
    Geralt:“Sounds like you have covered it all.”
  • Hachikomaru shakes his head, as perplexed as the others
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“Thank you for speaking to us, Calli. We really appreciate it. We’ll let you get some rest now, hope you feel better soon.”
  • Callinica Niceavarius nods.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“You think it was really earth demons? Or was it just fake like everyone says?”
    Calim Gorn:“We can’t really say for sure, none of us have actually encountered Earth Demons before…”
    “But it definitely sounds like a strange case.”
  • Hachikomaru flips through the book on the great dragons, before he leaves.
    Hachikomaru:“I heard you were interested in Mokoro.”
    “Anything specific that you’re interested in?”
    DM:It’s one of the mass production of copies of an original Makoro book… the reproduction quality is good though, probably done by Di crystal…. and it’s written in the original Tai language still unlike most it wasn’t translated. It has many old stories about the Great Dragons, including the original pact with the first Saidai Shogun.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“All the magical creatures there…. we don’t have anything like that here.. do they really exist?”
    Hachikomaru:“Some of them.”
  • Calim Gorn smirks a little, “I hear most of them can take on human form… You could be talking to one and not even realize it.”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I like the stories about the kitsune.”
    Hachikomaru:“The Kitsune are real.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, we actually met one… Rather mischievous.”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Really?”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“She was trying to help some fairy people… Yousei? That’s the name right?”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Callinica Niceavarius:“Oooo I love the Yousei too! I want to meet one one day.”
    Calim Gorn:“They were being terrorized by a huge monster called an oni, so we helped them by getting rid of it.”
    Hachikomaru:“From what I understand Rahseld also held many magical creatures before.”
    “What happened to them all?”
  • Hachikomaru says looking to Calim.
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, I don’t know… I suppose they were slain or went into hiding.”
    Hachikomaru:“I see.”
    Calim Gorn:“Rather unfortunate.”
    Hachikomaru:“Well…..we should go. You should rest. Practice your tai, if you want to read this book.”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I can read it already.”
    Hachikomaru:“I see.”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I read a lot of books on Makoro… most of the good ones havent’ been translated, so I taught myself how to read Tai.”
    Calim Gorn:“That’s impressive. Do you know any other languages?”
    Hachikomaru:“Perhaps you can visit Oramu one day then. The Makenki gozoku’s patron is the kitsune.”
    “You may get lucky and stumble across one.”
    Callinica Niceavarius:“I know Awen and Honath too…. I tried to learn Echant, but taht’s really hard.”
    “I’d liek to visit Makoro one day.”
    Calim Gorn:(Does Insight ping any? Like maybe she knows Vorr too and isn’t saying?)
    DM:Your insight doesn’t think she’s lying… as far as you know anyway.
    Calim Gorn:“Once you get better perhaps Hachikomaru can show you around.”
    “I hear he has a nice castle there.”
  • Callinica Niceavarius nods.
    DM:okay you gonna ask her anything else or you gonna head back to the inn?
    Geralt:back to the inn
    Calim Gorn:Yeah back to the inn
    DM:You’re basck to your rooms for about a half hour or so…getting ready to go to sleep when something happens…
    There’s a knock on Alyssa and Calim’s door….
    Calim Gorn:Oh goody
  • Calim Gorn looks through the peephole
    DM:You see Captain Halataro standing outside.
    Alyssa Toress:great
  • Calim Gorn opens the door
    Calim Gorn:“Captain.”
    Asteric Halataro:“There’s been an incident you may want to know about…”
    Alyssa Toress:“oh?”
    Calim Gorn:“What sort of incident?”
    Alyssa Toress:he comes to us not geralt
    Calim Gorn:lol of course
    Geralt:not unexpected
    Asteric Halataro:“There’s been a guild report from Ealia to the west… apparently the seismic sensors have been showing something… could be more Earth Demon activity.”
    “Or another hoax in progress.”
    “My guess is on the latter…. but it’ll give you an opporunity to capture whoever is responsible.”
    Alyssa Toress:“how long ago was it detected?”
    Asteric Halataro:“Two hours ago…. Unforutnately it took a whiel before onee of my contacts let me know.. I’m not exactly top of the chain when it comes to learning things from other areas, but I did have people from Ealia inquiring about what happened here.”
    Alyssa Toress:“thank you captain”
    “no sleep tonight love”
    “well not any night for you”
    Calim Gorn:“That’s just a normal night for me.”
  • Calim Gorn smiles
    Alyssa Toress:“lets get the others”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:I’ll go get the others while Alyssa gets dressed
    DM:heh okay.
    Alright I assume th rest of the team assemblesa nd you’re gonna head off toward Ealia? Or you waiting until morning?
    Alyssa Toress:nah man
    TONIGHT
    Calim Gorn:Might as well head out now
    Alyssa Toress:strike while the iron is hot
    we can fire a taxi
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:hire
    DM:heh okay, you can get an airship potentialyl to hea dthere I mean it’s pretty far away.
    Geralt:yeah, go now
    DM:you could also take the windrider (the train)
    Alyssa Toress:great
    nah lets get an airship
    put it on calims bill
    Calim Gorn:Whatever is fastest
    lol
    DM:airship is faster.
    Calim Gorn:Hopefully it’s faster than Speed 3 otherwise I can get there faster just by running
    DM:lol an airship is speed 7.
    Calim Gorn:Hm, I don’t want to run across the desert anyway
    DM:It takes you roughly a couple hours to get there….
    Alyssa Toress:my teleport is speed 4
    or distance 4
    Calim Gorn:I thought you couldn’t teleport lol
    Alyssa Toress:no i could
    i forgot
    i teleported the night of our wedding remember
    to go meet with sythe
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah
    DM:Ealia is a midsized town along the windrider track between Saerlon and Norst.
    It’s still night when the airship touches down at their docks… The town seems to be more or less okay for now… it’s not on fire or anything yet. what did you want to do?
    Calim Gorn:Find the local guard captain or whoever and ask about the seismic readings
    DM:Okay you head over to the local Freeland Securities off and ask them…
    Their captain is a middle aged woman with long brown hair
    Alyssa Toress:“greetings captain we are here about reports of seismic readings”
    Guard Captain:“I had the sensors put in as a precaution… but they’re picking something up surprisingly enough…”
    Calim Gorn:“Can you tell the location of the signal?”
    Guard Captain:“It’s to the south of the city… maybe about 25 miles or so… whatever it is, it’s strong… they say it’s almost like a minor earthquake…”
    Alyssa Toress:“okay lets get a car(i forget what they are called lightning cars or something?) and head for it”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Guard Captain:“You with the others I assume?”
    Calim Gorn:“Others?”
    Geralt:we should all be there
    Calim Gorn:(Heh, think he’s referring to the MiBs)
    Guard Captain:“I’ve got reports of some group heading down tehre already….”
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    what tab said
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, I suspected that might be possible. Thank you.”
    “Come on, let’s go.”
    Geralt:“Probably that same crew from the pit.”
    DM:Okay you commandeer a whirlwind wagon and start driving down there… Following the directions you got.
    This area is far less populated… seemingly an empty forested area…. causing you to have to disacard your vehicle as you near the target zone….
    You maek your way through the forest…. coming to an area where some of the treets are tilted away from waht looks like a newly formed hole, 20 feet in diamter…. that was formed in the midst of the forest ground….
    You going to approach it?
    Calim Gorn:“Geralt, picking up anything?”
    DM:well he’s not close enough to pick stuff up this is at a good distance still
    like 200 feet or so
    Alyssa Toress:yeah lets approach
  • Calim Gorn glances around the area, looking for any signs of the black ops squad or anything else
    Geralt:“No, nothing yet. Probably too far away.”
    DM:You don’t see any apparent signs… though like you, the y’d probably have to discard their vehicles….
    Calim Gorn:“Keep an eye out.”
    DM:You could check for tracks, but remember it’s night… so you’d kinda have to do a circling sweep to se if there’s any footprints.
    Calim Gorn:“Remember what the Sunlord said… No heroics, observation only.”
    Heh well I got Darkvision
  • Hachikomaru keeps his nose peeled.
    Calim Gorn:So I should be able to see well enough
    Geralt:“We do need solid confirmation of earth demons though.”
    DM:Is Geralt’s medallion going to be in monster finding mode ro magic finding mode btw?
    Hachikomaru:hopefully we’re down wind of em as well
    Geralt:it is both
    DM:Isn’t it an alt effect though?
    Geralt:didn’t know had to swich it
    DM:I think it’s an alt effect so you’d have tos wtich it
    Calim Gorn:Heh not if he statted it up to be both at full cost
    DM:lemme check
    Geralt:Wolf’s Head Medallion (removable, mana-based, Feature: Monster’s can’t touch it) ø Sense Monsters – Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Mana-based monsters, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Earth Demons, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Aquum based creature, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection) * 3 pts. ø Sense Magic – Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Mana magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses:Nuumian magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Aquum magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection) * 3 pts."
    it is not an array if tat what you mean
    i paid full points
    DM:oh okay.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah looks like each thing is statted up separate so it should be able to do it all
    DM:Yeah can do it all then
    I thought originally iw as an array, that may have changed heh.
    Geralt:just the signs are array
    DM:Anyway…. the medallion starts to vibrate as you approach the hole… and I’ll give you a monster lore check and druidic magic check.
    As Geralt gets closer to the hole he can see it’s a long shaft going downwards…. the edges of it are rather smooth, and at least from his knowledge of earth demons, this looks like ti very well coudl be the product of thier magic…
    Geralt:“Look slike an earth demon hole from my studies.”
    “Should we enter or wait?”
    ((LOK LIKE WE COULD CLIMB OUT?))
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Calim Gorn:(Heh, I got Leaping 3 so I can hopefully at least jump out, lol)
    DM:It’d be a difficult climb, being mostly vertical, it’s possible if you were strong enough or had some kind of climbing spikes to stick in you could do it.. but flight would defintieyl be more reliable…
    Well it goes down about 60 feet it looks like….
    If you can leap up 60 then you coudl jump out heh.
    Calim Gorn:Leaping 3 is 60 ft
    Alyssa Toress:i can fly do you want me to go in
    DM:I thought leaping is like rank -1 or rank -2 as far as actual distance.
    Alyssa Toress:i can also teleport
    Calim Gorn:Yeah it’s Rank -2
    Rank 3 is 250 ft
    Rank 1 is 60 ft
    DM:oh okay.
    Calim Gorn:Those would be the Speed ranks
    Geralt:“I think this is where heroism draws the line.”
    Calim Gorn:So Leaping would be 60 ft at Rank 3
    DM:yeah you’re barely able to reach near the top prob be an athletics check to grab the edge and pull yousrelf up since it’s close.
    But yeah it’s doable for you
    Geralt:“It will be hard to confirm though.”
    DM:Also Hachi’s scent can pick up the scent of humans….
    He thinks someone else entered this place already…
    Hachikomaru:“Ningen….”
    Calim Gorn:“We should at least confirm the situation.”
    Hachikomaru:“I mean humans.”
    “I can smell them.”
    “I think someone has beaten us here.” he whispers
    Calim Gorn:“Likely that same group from Saerlon…”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Geralt:“Damn they’re fast.”
    Calim Gorn:“They may have divisions in each city.”
    Geralt:“Ok, you all ready?”
    Hachikomaru:“Commander? What’s the plan.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Calim Gorn:“Ready when you are… But you’re the leader.”
    DM:Well remember it took you a couple hours to get there by airship.
    Geralt:“Alyssa, can you teleport others or just yourself?”
    Alyssa Toress:“myself”
    Calim Gorn:“I hear magic doesn’t work so well underground though.”
    Geralt:“Anyone have rope?”
    Calim Gorn:“Not Aela magic, anyway.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i can fly”
    Calim Gorn:“I have Boots of Rising… Though those probably won’t get you all the way out of a hole this deep.”
    Geralt:“Ok, down we go then. Recon only, remember.”
    DM:Well Aela magic can work, it’s just tough to teleport through a lot of earth. Though Aela magic works so long as there’s an airsupply really.
    Of course it could be bad if they cave in the tunnel behind you…
    and cut off your access to fresh air.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I mean Calim isn’t a magic expert heh
    He’s just heard it doesn’t work well underground
    DM:heh
    Calim Gorn:Or that there are complications or whatever
    He’d know like the bare basics since Laventa is a magic user I figure, but like he hasn’t studied it since he has no talent for Aela magic
    Alyssa Toress:so as long as no one collapses the cave on us were fine
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    DM:okay you’re all going down there?
    Hachikomaru:roger
    Calim Gorn:Might as well
    Geralt:think so
    DM:You head dwon the 60 feet… and find there’s one tunnel (also shaped by magic).. leading out.. it slopes down at a roughly 30 degree angel downwards, making footing somewhat difficult…
    Alyssa Toress:yes?
    can i fly down the tunnel
    DM:Yeah you can fly down it.
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    DM:Did you want to fly down it ahead of the others?
    Alyssa Toress:no
    i am going to stay with them
    DM:okay.
    Alyssa Toress:but just so i dont have to keep my footing
  • Calim Gorn glides down into the hole with his Skystrike Cloak
    DM:About 30 feet down the tunnel are 4 soldiers, with their faces covered by helmets,d ressed in magitech gear with no insignias or anything identifying who they mgiht be… each carrying a penetator rifle… they look surprised to see you…
    What do you want to do?
    Hachikomaru:wait for orders :-p
    DM:The tunnle continues past them downward some distance…
    Hachikomaru:you mean, what does G want to tell us to do :-p
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “Nice night for a walk, eh gentlemen?”
    DM:I dunno you can act on your own. Depends on if you’re a good dog or not.
    or if you’re the kind that keeps chewing through his leash.
    :P
    The soldier speaks into his helmet communicator you guess….
    Soldier:“We’ve got company… four imbued….”
    DM:The soldiers are at ready but not attacking just yet… but clearly a bit shocked you arrived.
    Alyssa Toress:“hello is there an officer here we can speak to?”
    “parlay?”
    DM:Though with extended hearing I’ll give a chance to hear back what the response is in the communicator.
    Geralt:“Who is in command here?”
    Soldier:“You really shouldn’t be here…. there’s an expirement being conducted here…”
    Calim Gorn:“Experiment?”
    DM:Hachi and Geralt can hear thorugh the helmet communciator…
    Geralt:“We are here with the authrity of the Imperium? By what authority are you here?”
    Commander:“Damn….tell them anything so they get out of here…. we’re almost done planting the charges.”
    DM:Only Geralt and Hachi heard that.
  • Hachikomaru gives a glance to Geralt, but says nothing.
    Soldier:“There’s no time to explain…. you need to get out of here for your own safety.”
    Geralt:“I suggest you move or you will worry about more than charges.”
  • Calim Gorn raises an eyebrow
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, planning to collapse this one too eh?”
    DM:The soldiers look at each other…. as Geralt and Hachi both hear a yell come from the helmet comms….
    Commander:“It’s a TRAP! We need help!”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Geralt:like a painful yell? like earth demons tearing up whoever on the other end?
    DM:and all of a sudden a stony arm reaches and grabs one of the soldiers phasing through the wall… and slamming him into the dirt wall….
    Calim Gorn:Oh shi-
    Alyssa Toress:that sounds like earth demons
    DM:At this point we’re gonnna go into intiiative, but this is a good cliffhanger to stop at…
    Calim Gorn:Aw man
    Alyssa Toress:“everyone out of the tunnel”
    Geralt:oh come on
    Alyssa Toress:“NO HEROICS
    no
    fuck you
    we are gonna keep playing
    its only 1 am!
    Geralt:“Activity confirmed. Pull back!”
    Calim Gorn:“Yeahhhhh… I’m out.”
    DM:hehe well I didn’t really want to start a full battle at this point since it’s pretty late.
    so figure we can do that next time.
    Alyssa Toress:man
    Calim Gorn:lol we ain’t fighting this shit
    We’re running
    Narrate the running
    Alyssa Toress:yeah we arent fighting
    our orders werent to fight
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    Alyssa Toress:our orders were confirm the sightings
    Calim Gorn:And it sounds like these guys brought it on themselves
    So fuck ‘em
    Geralt:for sure
    DM:well running may not be quite as easy as in the brochure…
    Alyssa Toress:man
    Geralt:we just have to run faster than them ;)
    Alyssa Toress:we can play another 3-4 hours easy man :P
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    I can run pretty fast
    Geralt:the black ops sqaud that is
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:Come on man, we’re all good to go
    DM:heh well I’m kinda tired myself, and I figure this may go on for a bit… depending on waht happens.
    Calim Gorn:Bah
    DM:So prolly best to wait till next week.
    Alyssa Toress:okay i am gonna go play video games
    DM:Just as a clue the 60 ft shaft you descended originally might not be remaining entirely stable… :P
    Calim Gorn:Oh great
    DM:yeah.
    Alyssa Toress:look on the brightside if we all die we can play pathfinder again
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:well luckily my beast mode has burrowing
    but we may suffocate before then
    Calim Gorn:I knew I should have taken immunity to the need for breathing
    DM:Well it s a narrow tunnel so event urning to dog form could be difficult.
    It doesn’t have a giant ceiling wher you’re at now.. heh.
    Hachikomaru:fair enough
    DM:But we can worry about that next time.
    Like I said, it’s gonanb e a bit of a complicated encounter
    I will give each of you a hero point for what you did this session
    you’re gonna need it probably.
    Alyssa Toress gains a hero point. , Hachikomaru gains a hero point. , Geralt gains a hero point. , Calim Gorn gains a hero point.
    Anywa ygonan shut this down.
View
Session Log 14

Tabris:Sef says he’s gonna be late but he’ll be here
Messaged G and Herlock too, G responded, nothing from Herlock yet
Yo
Hey G
Hachikomaru:yo
Garrion:howdy all
Tabris:Now just need Herlock, dunno where he went off to
Probably asleep or something knowing him
Garrion:ok, deleting “young” token
Hachikomaru:prolly playing pc games or something
Tabris:Heh yeah
DM:Well whatever we can start at 8 regardles if he’s here or not
Tabris:Sounds good
G you didn’t miss much last time
DM:If you could update your tokens by copy pasting your char sheet into the notes section from the output section of the char sheet
Tabris:Basically they decided to graduate us a year early and send us off to fight the Earth Demons
DM:that maeks it easier to reference stuff in game.
Geralt:just did
Tabris:Done
DM:Well technically not so much figth the earth demons as pick up the slack for the other stuff while the more powerful imbued are fighting.
Tabris:Oh, heh
DM:So you’re more maintaining the homefront for the most part and doing the “safer” imbued duties.
Plus with Alyssa in your group, there’s a pretty strong pressure in keeping you guys in somehwat safe areas.
Geralt:stat manager updated
Tabris:Do we get Hero Points for graduating? lol
Geralt:oh yeah, since i switched tokens my HP didnt carry over
i think i had 1 or 2
DM:heh yeah since you deleted the old one not sure what the other one had.
I’ll give ya 1. not sure where it should be, think you had at least 1.
Geralt gains a hero point.
Geralt:yeah, unless we got some others
Hachikomaru:im using my PL6 shit till i make it back to mokoro, and get ye ole swords, then I’ll officially update him, tho to be honest, theres a few things that need to be tweaked pt wise, and i dont wanna turn it in to get bitched out when i send you another right after har, so yeah I’ll embrace teh gimp for a session, whatever
i thought it was well enough to turn it, but i noticed a few things that are pretty messed up, plus i gotta still update his alt form sheet as well, so i want to turn all that shit in and be done with it at one time
DM:Hachi can be assumed to have been afflicted by some kind of yokai fleas to explain his weakened state :P
Tabris:lol
Hachikomaru:well there is a yokai flea actually
Myoga
tho you said were gonna hold down the home front so i didnt expect id need PL8 earth demon reking powers at royal court
tho perhaps they seized the thronehold, that would be an interesting turn of events
Tabris:You never know…
Hachikomaru:rabble rabble i mean rubble rubble
DM:heh… well I mean you will be getting some assignments just not like front line combat in the midst of the war
Tabris:Yeah you probably wanna be PL8 to deal with rogue Daelan Imbued or some shit
DM:I meanyou did get activated to do active stuff, so it isn’t exactly like sitting on your ass.
Hachikomaru:pl 6 or pl 8
all i need are nat 20s!
DM:lol.
well I suppose that couldn’t hurt.
Hachikomaru:well actually its not the combat prowess
its i need to shave some pts, so he has some skills etc
which i figure would be more important atm, so i wanted to fix it, instead of running around like hodor tonight
DM:well you are a dog, nobody expects you to be the thinker of the group :P
You only need to learn simple commands and maybe some tricks.
Hachikomaru:how do i copy the shit out of the sheet?
DM:And not do that thing where you drag your ass on the carpet.
Hachikomaru:fine
Geralt:lol, main thing is to be house trained
Hachikomaru:your excell sheets how do i copy/paste the whole shit
Geralt:drag selection
Tabris:Go to the output tab and just highlight it all and ctrl+c
DM:Go to the output section and just select that. Just drag down and select the boxes, then just copy past.
Hachikomaru:just highlight all the cells?
DM:ctrl-c and then ctrl-v Into the MT note box.
Tabris:Yes
Hachikomaru:ok
Geralt:then ctrl-c to copy
DM:Yeah just gives an easily referencable text copy during play.
(assuming you did the style tabs on your sheet correctly)
Hachikomaru:yes you checked over it all before
youre the one who did it
so if its wrong, blame yourself :-p
ok
its updated
DM:Clearly if there’s any problems it’s cause the dog ate my homework!
Hachikomaru:yeah something like that
i had a NDE
not a near death experience, but a no deck experience
luckily i didnt croak in the process of it breaking
anyways proceed
DM:Alrighht since that stuff is over with, lets get started.
Tabris:Ready when you are
DM:After the announcement of Emerald Band’s early activation… there’s been an air of nervousness around the whole barracks. Such a thing has yet to happen in the history of the empire… so clearly this war is different from the numerous others the empire has been involved in.

  • Geralt sharpens his swords
  • Tabris has been taking on an increasingly worried air as of late, wondering just how bad the war is…
    DM:The announcement was met with anxiety by many of your band, even the normally light-hearted Anise seems to be without many words to say and filled with fear.
  • Calim Gorn has been taking on an increasingly worried air as of late, wondering just how bad the war is…
    DM:Viniira on the other hand seems almost eager to join the war and stand in defense of Yt and its people.
  • Hachikomaru sits on the floor in Mokoro fashion, perhaps dog napping, or meditating.
    DM:Masaru manages to keep his spirits up, though it’s pretty clear he’s never seen the full extent of what war can be, still bearing romantic notions of victories to be had.
    Calim Gorn:Do I know what Laventa has been doing during this time?
    DM:Your graduation ceremony was a short affair, mostly just with the swearing of the oath of fealty by all and a very brief bit of celebration.
    Laventa as far as what you’ve heard has been assigned on secondary support with Gorn forces protecting the Hydra Clan’s lands. Fortuanteyl away from the front lines for now… but still in potenial danger should that land get attacked.
    Calim Gorn:Hm
    Geralt:have there been any new attacks since the first 2?
    DM:There have been minor skirmishes here and there, but nothing too large. Though more and more stories pop up about Tinigath agents called “The Fallen” by the Empire, which are generally the equivalent of Earth-Imbued. Part mana, part Nuumian.
    Geralt:have we always just had 3 PCs? guess i never noticed due to all the NPCs
    DM:Reports have come in of Fallen trying to pick off lone Imbued in various areas in Yt… launching sabotage attacks on airships and similar events.
    nah we had 4 PCs, herlock just isn’t here.
    Though from what you hear, the empire is planning a major offensive, with the Guild of Swords leading the forefront, and the rest of the empire striking on different prongs of attack. Makoro striking in its own unified assault (as Oshiro prefered to strike with preciison only possible by the samurai)
    And Rahseld and Ronen joining together along wtih the clans on a major frontal assault. Also throughout are rumors of factions in the clans themselves who have turned to the Earth Demons, traitors from within.
    Hachikomaru:i wonder if the fallen have a ship like the Ygdrasil from xenogears tab
    or maybe they just have submerging castles
    of course they listen to rock and roll…..
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:If they had a ship, certainly it’d be named the Rock and Roll Express.
    Calim Gorn:What do we know about Lastar and such in general?
    Hachikomaru:the fallen? —> http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/prowrestling/images/5/5a/The_Rock_n_Roll_Express.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20101006140337
    Geralt:((just so i get the theme.. are the earth demons something on par with drow… you know an ancient normally unseen creature but universally distrusted?))
    DM:All of emerald band has been scheduled to meet with Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope, second in comamnd of the Order of Mithral, the militarnt branch of the templar and tasked with maintaining defense of the empire.
    Calim Gorn:Sorta, but they’re like made of stone or dirt or whatnot
    Kinda like Earth Elementals I guess
    Geralt:yeah, i meant more in concept, not physically
    Hachikomaru:no one knows really
    its a big mystery
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    Hachikomaru:theyre boogie men
    Calim Gorn:They’re kinda like those things from Gears of War, they live way underground and for some reason they’ve suddenly started emerging in Yt
    Geralt:just wondering about the “lore” and history behind them.. not sure if it is on the site
    DM:Yeah, the best way to describe the earth demons in D&D terms would be earth elemetnal creatures. As far as their basic temperment, they’re historical enemies of the Empire, at leasst according to the templar.
    Hachikomaru:i just hope they havent plundered my bone stash
    DM:I will grant you a check in expertise (Yt), expertise (Druidic) or expertise (History) to know more.
    Hachikomaru:keep em underground for security
    DM:Or some other expertise you may think might apply.
    Hachikomaru:you’ll have to have T explain it to you, since i dont think we really know jack cept theyre mythical boogie men
    or us pleebs dont know anyways
    Calim Gorn:http://defenders-of-aylanae.obsidianportal.com/wikis/earth-demons
    DM:You do know that in druidic history they worshipped the Earth Demons as “earth spirits” originally part of the druidic faith. In fact the clans of Tinigath still do worship the Earth Demons, though the alliance with the empire has led most of the Yt druidic faith to declare the Earth Demons, at least the ones attacking the empire, as the equivalent of rabid dogs, spirits gone mad that must be taken down.
    Geralt:ok, so they diferentiate good vs bad earth demons
    got it
    DM:Yeah the druids do, the templar and most of the rest of the empire considers them all evil.
    Basically in historical records the elves had wars with them back before the city of Aylanae was buried. So the Earth Demons were generally looked at as the “enemy of air (Aela)”
    In fact with the dealings that the clans have had with them in Yt, their message seems to be essentially “turn against the empire or we will destroy you” which implies that at least on face value their hostility is with the empirre of Aylanae (and it’s Aela charged imbued) rather than with all humans.
    Earth Demons are known to wield weapons of Blightsteel, which is suppsoedly harder and heavier than any known metal, and has been said on occasion to glow with a bluish light. Though the earth demons thesmevles can wield them with little difficulty.
    A notable disease of sorts that is said to be associated with Earth Demons is the Earth Rot, an affliction that can occur being near dead Earth Demons, or even clsoe proximity to their possessions (especialyl Blight steel).
    Geralt:ok, known to have a special effect on Aela?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah Nuumian and Blightsteel are nasty shit
    Getting hit with that stuff is like getting a giant dose of radiation
    DM:Yeah Earth Rot can afflict Aela based beings as well as Mana-based beings, notably inhibiting their ability to heal. Basically any Nuumian based attack can potetniall cause some degree of Earth Rot, assuming it inflicts injury, though some specialized equipment and magic were created to protect against minor exposures.
    Geralt:ok, assuming i can concoct potions and oils later to deal with this
    DM:Oddly the ones with the most proficiency in dealing with Earth Rot are the Mahou Tsukai of Makoro, who practicethe Draconic Mysticism form of mana-magic. It’s able to cure Nuumian poisoning if administered swiftly after initial exposure.
    Calim Gorn:Arielle got shot through the torso with a bunch of Blightsteel bolts and she basically ended up looking like a cancer patient, lost all her hair and went super pale and lost all her strength etc
    DM:Though beyond that Imbued can hope for exposure to the healing water, which has some success in most cases, but in major afflictions (like what happened to Princess Arielle)…
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh, the only way Arielle got healed was to burn an Imbuing off the Charaia, and an archmage had to do that
    DM:Even the water is insufficient.. though the newly made Archmagi Helenia CHrystri of Dragonband was able to heal the princess by using an extreme bust of Aela (that happened last session)
    Yeah the amountof energy used effectively had to use up the energy that would be used on a future imbued.
    Hachikomaru:did they have to stick her in the charia?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah they did
    Actually put her in the big green column of light
    Hachikomaru:thats what im talking about, the charia
    Calim Gorn:Was almost like she was re-imbued all over again
    DM:Yeah they stuck her in there, and Helenia did something with it using forbidden Archmage knowledge.. nobody knows what exactly.
    Hachikomaru:archmagi wont release their source code
    Calim Gorn:lol nope
    DM:As for protection potions, the Witchers have devised various concoctions to grant protection from minor exposures, so one wouldn’t get afflicted from most basic attacks. Though of course even that won’t fully prevent it from more serious woudns (liek a 3 to 4 degree failure on a toughness chceck)
    Though you won’t have to worry about geting afflicted simply being near Earth Demons and their possessions… it’s also known that it’s a bad idea to leave dead Earth Demons around a settlement, especially around the water supply as the earth rot can taint that.
    Oddly Tinigath though has little problems with that sort of thing despite working with the earth demons, so it’s possible the Earth demons have some ability to suppress giving off toxic Nuumian, or perhaps they’re just careful.
    Though througohut the empire there are scares of the Earth Demons trying to taint the water supplies of cities with Earth rot.
    Thus far the Earth Demons have only been reported in the continent of Yindae (the contininent of Yt and Tinigath) with no presence on the other conteintns… (though their fallen agents can use ships or even airships)
    Calim Gorn:There was that one incident near Saerlon…
    DM:The druidic faith explains that only the ones in Tinigath are corrupted, and the ones in other lands peacefully slumber beneath the ground, though they do warn that excessive mining could trigger them.
    Of course, most of the emprie doesn’t care wht the druids warn about and go on mining with their machines.
    Perhaps more disturbing is the belief that more powerful earth demons than have already been encutnered lie slumbering deep in the ground.
    It’s been difficult geting much recon on the Earth Demons as they hate Imbued, and those druids that have tried to deal with them and learn of them are often branded as traitors by the empire and executed.
    Hachikomaru:yeah better move my bones to higher ground…
    DM:In some cases there have been real dissidents among the clans… though in other cases fingers are pointed accusing tribes of being traitors so that some noble or guild can claim that tribe’s land and resources.
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah, House Zanyz recently seized a bunch of clan land that way IIRC
    DM:The official belief of the empire, unlike the druids is that earth demons simply don’t exist anywhere else beyond beneath Yindae, and the other continents are safe.
    And yes… House Zanyz did recently see to the execution of the Moonspeaker tribe, laying claim to their mine
    Basicallty the claim was backed up by Aldarion of the Sun (a member of the sun clan)
    Pertty much such accusations of treason need backing from a unbiased clan source in Yt for the empire to recognize them, that policy was enstated after a serious of prior “misunderstandings”
    Anyway.. any other questions?
    Geralt:nope, just wanted the jist on the ED lore
    DM:k
    Hachikomaru:damn they wiped out a whole tribe?
    was that one of the branches of the hydra or a seperate individual tribe?
    DM:Yeah, they were one of Clan Mooneagles.
    Hachikomaru:ah ok
    DM:Moon eagle themselves had rumors the whole clan had been converted… though it’s tough to know the whole story… but from what you’ve heard their chieftain was coerced into working with them and now Aidan Mooneagle is back with the emprie after being rescued by Imbued
    Anyway.. you’re called in to see Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope, she’s a middlea ged woman with long dark hair tied behind her head tied in a knot.
    Calim Gorn:The whole band?
    Or like just us three
    DM:Just you three. It seems she’s talking to everyone giving out assignments, but you three have been given this assignment, well I’ll say Herlock is with you too.. even though he’s technically not here.
    So you get a group assignment, so Alyssa nd you three will be tehre.
    Calim Gorn:k
    DM:Varaldia wears a golden circlet with the insignia of Sheyl on her head and seems to bear a rather no-nonsense look to her. Not all that uncommon among the high ranking templar.
  • Geralt greets the lady
    Calim Gorn:“Reporting as ordered, ma’am.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Geralt of Clan Hydra, Calim of House Gorn, Hachimaru of the Inuyama Gozoku and Alyssa of House Toress.”
    DM:She asks taking roll call it seems, even omitting the “oprincess Alyssa” you’re so used to hearing.
  • Hachikomaru bows lightly, though doesn’t appear too enthusiastic/
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“As you know, you’ve been activated early as knights of the empire. Though make no mistake, I’m aware your training isn’t finished.”
    “I don’t want any heroes among your group, your’e there to do your jobs, nothing more. I don’t want any glory-hunters out there.”
  • Hachikomaru takes it as a insult perhaps by a slight sneer that appears briefly over his usual stoic face, though he wipes it away as quick as it appears.
  • Calim Gorn just takes the usual lecture in silence, well used to them by now
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I’m sure you were told that you were going to get lives of luxury sipping expesnive wines in some case somewhere… that all disappeared the moment war was declared.”
    “Now I’m not going to be sending youto the front lines, but that doesn’t mean that your work isn’t important.”
    “And let me emphasize, i don’t have time for your screw-ups.”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope gives you all a stern look.
    Calim Gorn:“We are the empire’s hope, its greatest treasure, the pinnacle of its pride! ….Except when we’re a bunch of idiotic wet behind the ears screw-ups.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“You’re not screw-ups yet. And I don’t intend for you to become the disgrace that most of Dragon Band turned into.”
    “Such a lack of discipline.”
    “Until I say otherwise you’ll be a squad, and I’m placing Sir Geralt in command.”
  • Calim Gorn snaps to attention and gives Geralt a mock salute
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“If anyone has a problem with it, speak your peice now.”
    Hachikomaru:’He might."
  • Geralt smirks.
    Geralt:“Why should I be in command? The princess has more authority than I.”
    Calim Gorn:“Alyssa and I are married, so putting one of us in command of the other is a recipe for trouble.”
    Hachikomaru:“So does this mean Viniira is in command Calim?”
  • Calim Gorn smirks
    Calim Gorn:“Dunno, you’ll have to ask Geralt.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I know you’ve spent your lives hearing about noble blood and titles… That stopped mattering the moment war was declared.”
    Geralt:“Enought you two. Let’s hear what Lady Shininghope has to say.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“What matters now is your rank within the empire. I know no one seems to respect the imperial ranks… thinking they’re just for Templar.”
    Geralt:“And what exactly is our rank?”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Well not anymore… you are all knights of the empire the moment you spoke that oath. You are all equal. Geralt is only in command because I say so, and my title is Sunlord.”
    “Maybe if you sruvive long enough, you’ll get promoted to Imperion.”
    “For now I want to evaluate how you handle this mission, and we’ll see where you go from here.”
    “You can consider this mission zero… if Geralt handles himself poorly, he’ll be replaced as your commander.”
    “Now, onto your mission….”
    “This is strictly a recon mission.”
    Calim Gorn:(lol… Yeah we know how those always end up)
    Geralt:“And should we face resistance, are we to engage or retreat?”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I recieved a report of possible Earth Demon activity in the vicinity of the city of Saerlon in Ronen.”
  • Calim Gorn raises an eyebrow
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“It’s likely a false report, but it’s wroth checking out… and from what these reports say, I’ve got a skilled monster hunter and the best nose in the empire on the case.”
    Calim Gorn:“That only helps if we know what they smell like.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I was talking about his nose (motions towards hachi)… you’re just here to keep watch. I understand you don’t need to sleep.”
    “YOu’re not to engage the enemy in the unlikely event you do find Earth Demons.”
    Calim Gorn:“Or eat. Or drink.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Just report back on thier position and activities you see.”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope hands Geralt a small pack of papers.
    Hachikomaru:“We’ll be sure to let you know if we spot the Goddess Sheyl.”
    Geralt:“What are these?”
  • Geralt thumbs through them
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Those are reprots of the incident…. thus far there appears to be no actual physical evidence of Earth Demons… but there were also reports of strange soliders in the area. It’s possible tehre’s a cover-up in progress.”
    “I want you to interview some of the witnesses, call in your contacts, do what you can to gather information about what’s going on. FOr all we know this could be a Daelan plot to incite panic.”
    Geralt:“Strange soldiers?”, Geralt says pensively as he looks throughthe reports.
    Calim Gorn:“What sort of soldiers?”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“Tehy weren’t fallen as fara s we can tell, but they didn’t have any traditional guild markings.”
    “So they coudl be black ops mercenaries, or they could be working for Daelan. They were organized though. So they look like some kind of professionals from what we’ve heard.”
    DM:It’s pretty customary for black ops mercs to not display any insignias, though it wouldn’t be unheard of for it to be a member of another unit that simply doesn’t want to be identified.
    Calim Gorn:“Who would want to cover something like this up though? If actual Earth Demons are in Ronen then that’s… a pretty big deal.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“It coudl be President Lastar not wanting to incite panic in Ronen, It could be the senators themselves wanting to keep the populace calm. Or it could be some kind of Daelan plot that went wrong.”
    “They were behaving in an odd way incosistent with the Earth Demons we know.”
    “They kidnapped a girl, attacked another… though with no traces of Nuumian poisoning.”
    Geralt:“We should use discretion then. We do not want to incite more panic or rouse suspicion in out quarry.”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“That’s correct. The last thing we need is a panci starting up in mainland Ronen that the Earth Demons have learned to tunnel under the sea.”
    “In all likelihood this is some kind of ruse… perhaps a golem in disguise from Daelan.”
    Geralt:“Do you have any suggestions for our team beyond ourselves?”
    Calim Gorn:“We might be able to ask Gregorio for information, he’s from Ronen after all.”
  • Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope shakes her head.
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“I want you to keep it secret from the Ronen natives for now.”
    “It’s why I chose your team for this. I can be sure to trust the information I’m getting.”
    Hachikomaru:“Smells like trouble, either way.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“If this is a cover-up it’s possible the Farmer’s Guidl might be part of it. The last thing I want is to give them warning you’re coming.”
    Calim Gorn:“Understood.”
    Geralt:“As yu command.”
    Hachikomaru:the real sefiros woke up after his clone was mind deathed, and now theres a building with bloody drag marks we have to investigate
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiWV2KseKeo
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“You can question witnesses on your list when you get there, but maintain discretion as best you can. The one Imbued from Ronen that you can trust is Justinia Lastrium. She was involved in the original incident. Her sister was injured by one of the Earth Demons.”
    Geralt:“How long till we depart via Airship?”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“The official line is that the Earth Demons were a hoax. I don’t want undue panic.”
    “Your airship to Saerlon will be ready in three hours.”
    Geralt:“We should prepare then if you have nothing more for us.”
    Sunlord Varaldia Shininghope:“That is all.”
    “Dismissed.”
    Geralt:“We can review and discuss the documents enroute.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Geralt:“Thank you sunlord, for this opportunity to prove our band’s worth.”
    DM:Okay you want to make any last minute preparations with the 3 hours you;‘ve got, talk to anyone, etc?
    Geralt:just get our gear and get settled on the ship
    Calim Gorn:Anything we can requisition that detects Nummia?
    Nuumia*
    Hachikomaru:G can i think
    his amulet
    if i remember correctly
    Geralt:hm, not sure it is tuned for that
    let me check
    Hachikomaru:oh thought it detected nuumian along with something else
    Geralt:Sense Magic – Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Mana magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses:Nuumian magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Aquum magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection)
    yep
    Calim Gorn:Ah nice
    Should hopefully be good to go then… Unless we can request some healing potions or something
    Hachikomaru:99 elixirs saved from training montage?
    DM:lol
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    If we run around Aylanae and break enough pots and crates we’ll eventually have our inventory full
    DM:well I mean Geralt could try to brew some healing stuff not sure if he’ll have time in just 3 hours.
    They don’t realyl have formal healing potions that are mass produced. Though you coudl make ones using advantages or of course if you have something healing based in a device.
    The healing water of Aylanae can’t really be taken far from the fountain without losing its power.
    Calim Gorn:Eh, guess we’ll wing it then
    Geralt:up to you about brewing, could do on the trip?
    DM:well depends on how strong it’d be basically. I mean like anything depends on the strength of the healing effect you’d want. healing potions are certainly possible but the DC (time to build and such) are all based on the points required for the effect,.
    Geralt:what did you have in mind Calim?
    Calim Gorn:Was thinking of the standard Cure Light potion or something, though I know it doesn’t quite work that way in M&M
    If T allows the Limited for affects self only thing to apply you could make it with 1 point per rank
    And then maybe reduce it further with a limited to one use flaw
    Geralt:well i don;t know the mechanics to calculate, so leaving that to you
    Calim Gorn:It’s basically DC 10 plus the rank of the effect I think
    DM:Well I woudln’t really say you could put a limited self on that, since I mean, it’s a healing potion, it’d basically work for anyone heh.
    So flavor wise there’s really no reason it’d have a self-limit to it.
    Hachikomaru:“I wonder if Suzu knows of any of the secrets of the Mahou Tsuki’s ability to heal earth rot.”
    “She was trained by one when she was a girl she told me.
    DM:Generally for one shot stuff (and power stunts) I’m a bit more strict on putting limiters on things. Since it usually turns out to nto be a limitation heh.
    And it also has to fit the flavor as well.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, well I figured the limited to one use thing would fit at least
    Though that might be part of the standard crafting
    Since it’s supposed to only be good for one scene or whatever
    DM:Well he coudl take a limited on that, since it’s good for one scene normally
    so I’d alow 1 level of lmtied to reflect a true one shot effect.
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay, so that’d make it 1 point per rank
    Hachikomaru:”My mother said, father told her of such resistance to its effects before as well."
    DM:Alternately it couldb e explained as a belt of potions without that limit.
    Calim Gorn:Hmm, yeah, that might work better actually
    Since I guess he can only craft one thing at a time
    Hachikomaru:“Though I believe she meant something my father or herself possesed, something I may inherit as I grow older. I don’t know for certain, but most poisons and acids I’ve been able to resist, and it keeps getting stronger as I get older.”
    “But I don’t know if I’m old enough to resist such effects as of yet. Perhaps someday.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm…”
    DM:Granted if he actually wanted to pass them to multiple people. I’d probably say it’d have to have the affects others modifier since he’s letting multiple people heal themselves. Effectively it’s confering a healing power to everyone pretty mcuh. If he just kept em though he coudl do that.
  • Calim Gorn doesn’t seem to be paying attention, as if his thoughts are focused somewhere else
    DM:Earth Rot btw affects even those immune to disease.
    Hachikomaru:“She would just smirk and mess up my hair, and tell me, dogs dig in the dirt afterall when I tried to get her to explain.”
    DM:you’d know taht as well.
  • Hachikomaru shrugs, not having any more to offer.
    DM:Pretty much nobody is immune to Earth Rot that’s an imbued, the only immunes are Earth Demons themselves and probably the fallen. At least with total immunity.
    Calim Gorn:Okay well it takes an hour per point of the effect to design and then like 4 hours per point to construct, so we don’t have time anyway
    DM:O course some are more resistant than others.
    Calim Gorn:Unless you got a high enough bonus to rush it
    But I kinda doubt that
    Hachikomaru:yeah i know T, it was earth rot resistance specifically, i was gonna take later
    thats what im referencing IC
    DM:ah okay.
    Hachikomaru:since dogs dig holes, play in the dirty etc
    it was just a little nod to that
    i just didnt have pts to put everything at char gen
    DM:having the “Life support” advantage does basically block out earth rot from incidental sources, so you can’t breathe it in, or just get it from passive conntact with blightsteel.
    A blightsteel spear sticking in your chest will still afflict you though.
    Hachikomaru:its just like the final capstone on the poison/toxins/diseases immunity thing i got going on
    so i dont have that one yet
    since it seemed to be the most powerful “poison” metaphorically
    Calim Gorn:All right well we don’t have the time to craft anything right now anyway so I guess fast forward heh
    Hachikomaru:yeah just making conversation
    DM:heh okay…
    Calim Gorn:Unless Geralt can make a DC 16 check with like -20 on the roll
    DM:he coudl try.
    or spend a hero point to jury rig an invention
    that speeds it up too
    Not sure if you think that’s worth it ofc.
    I dunno if I’d want to risk drinknig a healing potion at -20 to the check :P
    Geralt:nope
    let’s just board
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
  • Calim Gorn seems a little distracted as the group goes about gathering their things, like his mind isn’t focused
    Geralt:“something on your mind Calim?”
    Calim Gorn:“Huh? Oh, no, it’s nothing…”
    “Just nervous I suppose.”
    Hachikomaru:“Not about yourself I take it?”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs
    DM:You board an airship, it has shipwright’s guild markings and its name is the Eagle’s Express. Looks prety standard for a Ronen passgenger/cargo ship, it’s not a fancy warship or anything.
    Calim Gorn:“I feel like I’m capable enough. But then I don’t know what we’re going to be facing exactly.”
    Hachikomaru:“What about our dress?”
  • Hachikomaru says looking to himself and Geralt.
    DM:You’re shown to your quarters as you board… your gear getting loaded on as well, dont’ think any of you have any magitecha rmor or otehr heavy gear anyway though.
    Calim Gorn:Heh nope
    Hachikomaru:“You could probably fit in, but well I’m obviously a foreigner, same with him.”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs
    Calim Gorn:“We don’t really have time to pay Taylor a visit.”
    Hachikomaru:“Silken kimono and animal pelts do not seem to be the typical dress of where we’re going.”
  • Hachikomaru shrugs. “Ok.”
    Hachikomaru:“It’s just the sunlord told us to be discreet.”
    “We probably wont be discreet just walking down the street.”
    Geralt:“What about it? Surely Ronen has visitors?”
    Calim Gorn:“Well, we could wear academy uniforms, though that’s not exactly discreet either.”
  • Hachikomaru shrugs. “I’m no expert, I only assumed we would stick out.”
    Calim Gorn:“Either way, you’re going to stick out unless you can do something about that.”
  • Calim Gorn points at fluffy
    DM:Well it’s okay to just say you’ve been sent to aid in Ronen’s defenses, I mean everyone knows about the war, and how Emerald Band got activated.
  • Hachikomaru smrisk. “Fair enough Lord Gorn.”
    DM:They just don’t want you to go about saying stuff like “We’re investigating possible Earth Demons in Ronen”
    But emerald band acting as police to bandits or looking for Daelan spies or what not would be perfectly accetpable.
    Calim Gorn:“Heh… I’m not really a lord. Probably never will be. Not enough land to divvy up.”
    “I guess Father could grant me the title in name only if he felt like it, but…”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs
    Hachikomaru:“I was just joking about your improved position considering your new wife.”
    “I would have thought you would recieve some kind of lordship in some way, even if theyre new lands granted by the Queen.”
    “Lord of a Cadet Branch perhaps.”
    Calim Gorn:“Maybe… I haven’t really asked. I don’t have much interest in such things.”
    “I guess being married to a princess technically makes me a prince… But the last thing I want is for people to start calling me Prince Calim, ugh.”
    Hachikomaru:“Or prince consort? The titles in Rahseld are quite convoluted to my home.”
    Geralt:“how about Mr. Alyssa Toress?”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles
    DM:lol
    Hachikomaru:“Yes, thats what I meant.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yeah, the marriage is matrilineal, so I’m not sure if I’m even technically a Gorn any longer.”
    “Maybe I should be called Calim Toress now?”
    Hachikomaru:“Tch….”
    “You’d throw away all of your ancestor’s for that?”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs
    Calim Gorn:“My ancestors aren’t all that great.”
    DM:Alyssa is really hot… :P
    Hachikomaru:“I heard it was a Gorn that may have slain Syradir, the dragon.”
    DM:Though he’s not actually Calim Toress, just his chidlren will get the Toress name
    Hachikomaru:“Though there were about 200 others claiming it as well.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, that’s what they say. They also say it was an Orun, or a Zanyz, or any number of others.”
  • Hachikomaru says joking lightly.
    Calim Gorn:“Though House Gorn was founded by Clesh Gorn, who really did slay a dragon.”
    DM:Some say it was just a really fat wyvern…
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM::P
    Hachikomaru:“Well, look at it this way. Your house has been looked down on, which means you have an easy path to making it great again.”
    Calim Gorn:“Brother Tyrallin slew a wyvern himself. This is the sword he used to do it.”
  • Calim Gorn pats the sword on his belt
    Hachikomaru:“Trying to outdo my father, is a bit harder.”
    Calim Gorn:“Heh… I don’t really care about living up to great legends of the past or anything like that.”
    “I just want to be myself. I don’t want to be Clesh Gorn or whomever else.”
  • Hachikomaru ponders.
    Hachikomaru:“Chichiue….”
    Calim Gorn:“I suppose it’s inevitable that we’ll always be compared to others from our pasts… But that doesn’t mean we have to play into the comparisons.”
    Geralt:“What we need to worry about now is surviving what stands before us.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    DM:Hachi give me a perception check… Or anyone else with extended hearing (think that’s just hachi)
    Geralt:me too
    Hachikomaru:“I wonder if I went inside the Somanaru, if I’d see him.”
    DM:Oh you took extended now? Okay cool roll one too
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps so. They say it makes you see things from your dreams.”
    Geralt:Imbued Senses (Aela-Based): Enhanced Senses 4 (Low-light Vision, Accurate Hearing, Extended Hearing)
    Hachikomaru:skill rolls manual?
    or there a roller?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    DM:Ah okay. Yeah so you’d both get the perc check.
    Calim Gorn:Manual rolls
    DM:Yeah skill rolsl still manual for now
    Eventually I’ll get to updating em heh. Just not a huge prioriity.
    Geralt:jeesh a 1
    Hachikomaru:yeah thats another thing this messed up sheet is missing
    my skills being updated
    DM:Well Hachi can make it out… he can hear an argument probably coming from one of the below deck cabins… a couple of male voices arguing…
    Hachikomaru:aint horrible, but aint what i wanted, but i’ll go with it for tonight till i can fix the shit
    DM:This i sabout 3 hours into your journey… .so you’re approaching Ronen.
    Hachikomaru:“It sounds like there’s a heated argument going on down below decks.”
    DM:one sec …
    Hachikomaru:“A few men arguing about something.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm?”
  • Hachikomaru points.
    DM:well its’ farther way than just behind one wall
    Voice 1:“We have to tell them! That’s imperial law.”
  • Hachikomaru repears what he hears to his bandmates.
    Hachikomaru:repeats*
    Voice 2:“They’re just trainees! They don’t have to know anything.”
    Voice 1:“But what if they find out?!”
    Voice 2:“Nobody is going to find out.. you didn’t hear that communication… It was barely recievable anyway.”
    Voice 1:“But captain…. we have to follow procedure!”
    Hachikomaru:“Perhaps, you should investigate Calim.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps we all should.”
    Hachikomaru:“You’re better than either of us with these matters.”
    DM:Btw if you’re doing a bunch of talking atthis point instead of listening you won’t hear the rest heh.
    Geralt:“For sure.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    DM:But you can just head off with what you heard.
    Hachikomaru:“I just meant if its a matter of tact and diplomacy.”
    Geralt:nm, thought you were done
    Hachikomaru:“My way usually involves threats of disembowellment to get information,”
    Calim Gorn:Heh, too bad Alyssa isn’t here to diplomance her way through things
    Can we use her rolls anyway? =P
    DM:Yeah Alyssa is assumed to being lazy. Kinda how she did in the msisions before when you had important stuff to do.
    Maybe she met some kind of lesbian on the ship or something, who knows.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:“I’ve finally learned to accept, no matter how hard I try, I am not the sage or diplomat my father was.”
    Calim Gorn:“Well point me to where this conversation is taking place at least.”
  • Hachikomaru leads him to where he believes it’s coming from.
    DM:But anyway, she’s busy doing stuff and “you guys can handle the rest” and she todl you that you could handle it with a +18 persuasion roll so you were persuased.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:*persuaded.
    Calim Gorn:(So where am I being led? Captain’s quarters?)
    Geralt:i would not have interrupted if still relating data.. we have any more discussion?
    DM:You head over to the communications room below deck where you see the cpatain just leaving…
    Well only Hachi could hear the conversation and he was talking heh.. so he was too busy talking and not listening.
    Geralt:ok
    DM:So that’s all he heard heh.
    Calim Gorn:“Captain, a moment please.”
    Geralt:sounds like Hachi.. always barking up the wrong tree ;)\
    DM:The captain is an older man with a rather outrageous looking thick moustache.
    Hachikomaru:i thought their argument was over sorry
    Captain:“Yes of course, what can I do for the defenders of Aylanae?”
    Hachikomaru:was just recountign it as i heard it
    DM:Hachi recognizes this guy as the voice 2 he heard.
    Geralt:“Is this one of them Hachi?”
    Calim Gorn:“I believe there’s something you may wish to tell us… Or perhaps not wish to tell us, as the case may be.”
    Hachikomaru:“What communication is it, Captain, we shouldn’t be aware of?”
    “We’re only trainees afterall.”
  • Calim Gorn puts his hands on his hips and fixes the captain with a stern glare
    DM:Hachi’s tail was wagging.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:those rolls sucked for sure
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah
    Captain:“Nothing you need to be concerned about I assure you… just my communications offier trying to waste your very valuable time.”
    “Don’t worry, we’re mkaing good time to Saerlon, we’ll be touching down within the hour.”
    Calim Gorn:“I think we should be the judges of that.”
    “Especially where matters of imperial law are concerned.”
    Hachikomaru:theres your nat 20 at least
    Captain:“Hmm… well how much did you hear?”
  • Captain looks a bit worried.
    Geralt:Listen here. I don;t care if you are captain or not. You will tell us what you heard and let us decide if it is important or not."
    Hachikomaru:“The bit where you were lying?”
  • Hachikomaru says channeling Hana.
    Geralt:“Otherwise you may not be captain for much longer.”
    Captain:"Alright… alright… "
    “We recieved a distress call from another airship, apparently they’d been boarded by pirates, they’re probably already dead by now or far out of range based on the weakness of the transmission…”
    “Like I said I didn’t want to trouble you.. NO sense worrying about matters beyond your control.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Hachikomaru:“A difficult decision.”
    Geralt:“And what of captives or survivors, were just going to give up on them?’
    Calim Gorn:(Heh, what’s the imperial law on this?)
    Geralt:”Where did the distress come from?’
    DM:Well as defenders of the empire you’re supposed to respond and help out those in distress and as Imbued, you do have the right to redirect the airship to render assistance.
    Calim Gorn:We’re also on a mission though, heh
    Just wondering if this should take precedence over that
    DM:Geralt and Hachi can sense that the captain is making the situation out to be worse than it is in an effort to convince you not to divert his ship.
    Geralt:“We do have a mission. I’ll ask you all if you think it is worth diverting for?.”
  • Geralt looks to his companions.
    DM:Well it’s a judgment call, there’s no formal proceudre for deciding to help those in need…
    Geralt:answer on the location of the distress?
    DM:Based on their insight, Geralt and hachi suspect the endangered ship is clsoer than he’s making it out to be.
    Geralt:will it take us way off route?
    Calim Gorn:“Hm… Well, you’re the leader… Personally, I don’t like the idea of leaving people in distress when it might still be possible to aid them.”
    Geralt:“Neither do I. Captain make course for the distress signal.!”
    Captain:“ARe you sure about this? It’s probably not worth the trouble and my ship is no warship.. if things go bad…. we have no weaponry…”
    Geralt:“We will inspect the situation from a distance. Then choose how to act.”
  • Hachikomaru ponders.
    Hachikomaru:“Well the Sunlord told us not to be hero’s or glory seekers….”
    “But, my father taught me other wise.”
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, that much is true…”
  • Hachikomaru seems a bit conflicted.
    Calim Gorn:“Geralt’s the leader though.”
    Hachikomaru:“I suppose, it is up to you Commander.”
    Geralt:“We are not seeking glory. only our duty to help.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Geralt:“It may be nothing. We will assess once on scene.”
  • Hachikomaru nods, he seems to respect Geralt a bit more by his face.
  • Captain sighs.
    Captain:“Fine… I’ll redirect us…”
    Geralt:“Captain, you have the helm. Take us there but use caution on approach. Let’s not get caught with our pants down.”
    DM:The captain goes to move the ship… turning you to a northerly trajectory instea dof northwest.
    Geralt:“What kind of speed is this vessel capable of?”
    Calim Gorn:“Should we not send a communication that we’re investigating suspected pirate activity?”
    Captain:“I suppose you want me to push the engines…”
    Geralt:“Do we have secure channels? Don;t want to to transmit over open comms.”
    Captain:“Well we don’t have a Di crystal to encrypt the transmission…. unlesss one of you brought one.”
    Geralt:“No, I want to know in case we need to get out of the area.”
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, nope…”
    Geralt:Who do you have in the observation post?"
    (()assuming no radar))
    Captain:“We can make about 250 an hour on normal operating.. can probably squeeze out about 400 for a short burst if the engineers push it, but that eats up the charge crystal real fast and stresses us.”
    DM:Only the really advanced ships have a radar, which is basically an Aela disrubance sensor for long range.
    Geralt:“Proceed at standard speed, but have Scotty on stand by to give her all she has.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Though that’s only warship stuff..
    Calim Gorn:Yeah let’s just do standard speed, I still want to land in Ronen
  • Captain nods.
    Geralt:((just want to know our capability to ascape should we come under attack
    escape
    Captain:“At standard speed, we should be able to intercept them if they’re heading towards Daelen… I’ll work out an intercept course… if they’er heading towards Yt and away from us though, we’ll probably lose them.”
    “I’
    “I’m sure they’re heading to Daelan though.”
    “Well reasonably sure…”
    Calim Gorn:“We’ll leave it to your discretion. We’re still just trainees after all.”
  • Calim Gorn smirks a little
    Geralt:“Proceed captain. Let us know when the ship is spotted.”
    Captain:“Aye.”
    DM:It’s about a half hour before you hear the lookout cry that there’s a ship on the horizon.
    Calim Gorn:(Is there a pissed off redhead in a suit of armor attacking it? lol)
  • Geralt responds
    DM:Anyone have extended vision?
    Geralt:no
    Calim Gorn:Nay
    DM:The captain peers out witha magitech spyglass…
    Captain:“Well… looks like it’s definiteyl been comandeered by pirates.”
    “I see some masked men on deck.”
    Geralt:“And the marauding ship, armamant, capabilities?”
    Captain:“WEll it’s another transport like ours… but they look like they’ve got some kind of cannon set up on deck…”
    Calim Gorn:“How many are there?”
    Captain:“Something portable for sure, they must have brought it on with them…. I see 8 of them on deck… no telling who is below deck… and they’ve spotted us…”
    Geralt:in this setting embued are godlike compared to normal men right?
    Captain:“We’re probably still out of range of their cannon… but no way we’ll be able to approach them wtihout risking some shots.”
    Geralt:i mean the threat ratio is pretty low?
    Calim Gorn:(Heh yeah but don’t let that fool you, we can still be killed by a bunch of mooks)
    DM:Yeah, Imbued are generally a cut above normal humans. I eman imbued in training can still be rivaled by highly trained humasn of course.
    Geralt:“What is the ship being attacked?”
    Calim Gorn:Well my pistol has a max range of 3,200 ft if I’m calculating this right
    In sniper mode
    Captain:“Looks like the Super Cyclone… it’s a cargo ship, probably with some passengers.. my guess just bringing some supplies, maybe some small arms… FIgure the pirates intend on selling it in Daelan.”
    Geralt:“Calim on deck with your gal?”
    Calim Gorn:“Get me within half a mile and I can start picking them off.”
    Geralt:What you guys think?"
    “Let hem be or try to intervene?”
    Calim Gorn:“Well, this ship we’re on doesn’t have much in the way of defenses. I’d rather not get blown out of the sky by that cannon of theirs.”
    Captain:“We sure you want to get involved in this… I mean, that cannon could take us down, who knows what it coudl do really…. and I’m sure those peopple will be fine when they land in Daelan, they usualyl let the captives go…”
    DM:You can tell with insight the captain is making a lot of excuses to try to keep his ship out of combat.
    You’re nots ure of the accuracy of the stuff he’s saying but he’s bsaicalyl looking for any excuse he can to try to talk you out of engaging.
    Calim Gorn:“Are you sure this ship doesn’t have any way of defending itself at all?”
    Geralt:i don;rt know jack about cannons and magitech really, not my strong suit
    so leaving up to Calim
    DM:This ship is pretty much just a trnasport airship, the crew is armed, but ther’es no innate weaponry… It’s basically the equivalent of a modern day passenger jet. Of course the other ship is too… you could get the captains spyglass and check out their cannon and see how powerful it is.
    It’s tough to say given the distance without a sight aid.
    Calim Gorn:“Hand me that spyglass.”
  • Captain hands it over.
  • Calim Gorn takes a look and tries to evaluate the pirates’ cannon
    Calim Gorn:Separate check?
    DM:Nah I’m gona use the same one.
    Calim Gorn:k
    DM:The cannon looks pretty makeshift, basically a charge crystal and a barrel designed to launch some kind of projectiles… it’s probably not too damaging and it’d be unlikely to take this ship down easily unless it got a really lucky shot.
    Calim Gorn:“Tch… That cannon is a piece of shit. We shouldn’t be in any real danger unless they get lucky.”
    DM:At least not in one shot, you should be able to close in and take it down with a shot from your sniper rifle.
    Calim Gorn:“Take us in.”
    DM:It would of course damage your ship, but not enoguh to ruin its fubnction, just to prsent a repair bill…
    Calim Gorn:I’ll tell them to bill Sunlord Brighthope lol
    DM:You can also give me an expetise military too analyze the opposition
    Calim Gorn:Bleh, not as good
    Base is like DC 10 for basic info though I think
    DM:The men ion masks and such don’t seem to look military as far as you can tell… they lack typical military organization… and seem to be more like a disorganzied band of thugs.
    Calim Gorn:“They don’t seem like an organized military unit. We can take ’em.”
    Geralt:time to finally utilize Takedown
    Hachikomaru:might be better to wait for herlock for this battle, i dunno, he has alot of options
    Calim Gorn:Nah let’s do this shit
    Hachikomaru:flying etc
    ok
    Calim Gorn:Like I said I have a range of like 3,200 ft with my sniper mode
    And I have Takedown 2
    I can clear the deck before we even get there lol
    Hachikomaru:my shit was prolly better at PL6 :-p than this thrown together PL8 one that aint really done properly
    DM:The cannon gets off one free shot since it’s built for semi-long range.. so it outranges your rifle. then it’ll go to init… The captain calls for more speed from his engineer… as you star tto close.
    Hachikomaru:so hopefully i dont get slaughtered
    Geralt:how can that be, just buld on what you already have
  • Calim Gorn climbs up on deck and takes up position as he takes aim…
    Geralt:not like a new character
    DM:Gonna move you to thye ship map… won’t be to scale yet…
    one sec…
    Hachikomaru:dont even have atk/dmg maxed out i think
    capped that is
    no power atk, etc
    Calim Gorn:Heh well you can still do the basic 2 point version without the Advantage
    Hachikomaru:so not sure if i wanna just wade in lik erest of you two
    well i was planning on adding that stuff, just went overbudhet on power section
    so needed to shave some off powers to add back advantages
    which wasnt done on this version yet hehe
    but proceed
    Calim Gorn:You probably don’t wanna be power attacking anyway if your attack bonus ain’t maxed out
    Hachikomaru:think defenses at least are up to date
    well tough/dodge/parry
    fort will i think arent done
    Calim Gorn:Yeah defenses are where I’m below cap still, heh
    Geralt:“Captain take us in. Calim will make sure that cannon doesn’t bother us too much.”
    Hachikomaru:I’ll just try and handle the mooks iguess
    and let yall tangle with the big boys
    DM:Okay moving your tokens one sec…
    Calim Gorn:lol like I said I may clear the deck before we even get there =P
    Hachikomaru:Praise Kek, grant me nat 20s, i need em now more than ever frog lord of chaos
    Calim Gorn:Though I gotta take out this cannon first
    Captain:I just copied em… didn’t delete old ones.
    still need to isntall the teleport pad macros on this
    Geralt:or at least the gunner
    DM:gonna put you on init… in the beginning it’ll mostly just be Tab cause he has the long range weapon
    Not gonna both drawing your ship
    Geralt:wee, we floating
    DM:just gonna put Tab and the cannon on init
    Cannon gets to fire twice.
    Yeah your airship is invisible, it’s stuck in load screen.
    Engine polygon limit!
    Hachikomaru:weapon vs the mako cannon
    DM:okay cannon free shot… first.
    Makeshift Cannon:Makeshift Cannon Attacks! (Ranged, +2, rank 6 Damage)Roll Result: 10 (8) Effect Rank: 6
    Geralt:is there a crewman on the cannon as gunner?
    DM:Yeah. There’s a gunner.
    Calim Gorn:What range are we at?
    DM:Well have #10 be the gunner for now I mea there is a set so another could replace him if you just elect to shoot gunners.
    You just come into maximum rang eof your weapon… so like around 3000 feet.
    Calim Gorn:Okay
    Think that’s a -5 to hit
    DM:gonna have long range penalties yet
    *yeah
    you could aim for the gun itself to try to destroy it or fire at the gunner.
    Hachikomaru:you should have alyssa get into a slap contest on the barrell with the gunner
    like tifa
    Calim Gorn:I’m gonna try to destroy the gun, attack has Penetrating 4
    Geralt:and their ship is docked with the other right?
    Calim Gorn:Is the gun considered a defenseless target?
    DM:Nah there’s no actual pirate ship, it seems like it was an inside job.
    Just one helpless thing.
    Nah it’s not defenselss it uses the airships defense.
    Since the airship is moving.
    Calim Gorn:Okay so it’s not a routine check to shoot it?
    And no auto crits if I roll
    DM:right defintieyl not routnie
    Calim Gorn:Okay
    DM:you’re firing at a moving target.
  • Calim Gorn hits a button on the side of his pistol, causing it to morph as a stock extends from one end and the barrel elongates itself, transforming it into a rifle of some sort
    Calim Gorn:This is rank 4 damage with Penetrating 4
    Gonna do All Out Attack for +2 so will be firing at 3 total
    DM:okay.
    Tabris:lol nat 20
    DM:lol wow.
    Tabris:So that’s 9 damage total
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) , Modifier -4 Roll Result: 19 ( natural:15 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:24 ) Makeshift Cannon -
    —— Failure by 1 degrees
    Tabris:Heh damn, only 1 degree
    DM:You damage some of the machinery at the base of the cannon narrowly missing a shot to disable it.
    *****Start of Makeshift Cannon’s Turn*****
    DM:The cannon crew rush around, as another guy takes this turn loading in another cannon ball (it seems to only get a shot every other round)
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
  • Tabris fires again
    Tabris:Whoops
    DM:You’re now 300 feet closer… so at 2700 feet.
  • Calim Gorn fires again
    Calim Gorn:Hmm let me see if that’s medium range yet, I don’t think it is
    DM:lol I doubt it. heh.
    Calim Gorn:Nope
    Still long range
    Captain:“This was your plan? Trying to take on a cannon with a rifle?”
  • Captain looks in disbelief.
    DM:Oh that’s with the 5, taht’sgonna hit then.
    Calim Gorn:Whoo
    “Not just any rifle.”
    Captain:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) , Modifier -4 Roll Result: 9 ( natural:6 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:19 ) Makeshift Cannon -
    —— Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, it’s holding up better than I thought it would.”
    DM:The shot strikes the cannon… this time strikign some of its rear mechanism and causing part of its mechansm to rupture, causing a burst of gas and casuing ti to lose pressure…
    Calim Gorn:“Though that looks promising.”
    DM:The black hats start to panic as no return fire shot comes…
    Calim can geta free shot off at some of the people on deck. Though granted will be a pretty difficult shot.
    Calim Gorn:Does it seem disabled? Or just temporarily out of whack?
    DM:Since they’re basically all behind cover and such…
    It’s temporarily disabled but they might be able to jury rig it back into operation
    Calim Gorn:I’m gonna pound it again then to try to knock it out permanently
    DM:It’s not totalyl destroyed yet.
    Calim Gorn:Advance to round 3?
    DM:Yeah
    It should be round 3 I just didn’t bother advancing
    But you’re another 300 feet closer
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
  • Calim Gorn fires at the cannon again
    Calim Gorn:Well that should hit
    DM:Yeah heh.. they don’t seem great at airship evasive action.
    Captain:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) , Modifier 4 Roll Result: 19 ( natural:18 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:19 ) Makeshift Cannon -—— Success
    Calim Gorn:Bah
    DM:Though the cannon holds together…
    *****Start of Makeshift Cannon’s Turn*****
    DM:One of the pirates runs over to the cannon trying to fix some of the damage with a repair kit…
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    DM:Calim is up again.
  • Calim Gorn continues the onslaught
    DM:300 feet closer, so now at 2100.
    Captain:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) , Modifier 4 Roll Result: 17 ( natural:16 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:19 ) Makeshift Cannon -—— Failure by 1 degrees
    DM:The cannon takes anoter wound… as cracks form in it.. and the tech continues trying to fix it.
    *****Start of Makeshift Cannon’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    DM:Another 300 feet closer… at 1800 now
    Calim Gorn:“Come on, damn it. Blow up already.”
    Captain:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) , Modifier 4 Roll Result: 18 ( natural:18 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:19 ) Makeshift Cannon -—— Failure by 1 degrees
    DM:The cannon still miraculuously holds together…
    Hachikomaru:smith and wesson, made in america
    Calim Gorn:lol
    *****Start of Makeshift Cannon’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn seems to be getting annoyed
    Hachikomaru:or more like AK-47
    cant break it
    DM:Finally they manage to get the thing Jury rigged and the guy takes a shot…
    Makeshift Cannon:Makeshift Cannon Attacks! (Ranged, +2, rank 6 Damage) AOA 2Roll Result: 15 (15) Effect Rank: 6
    DM:Striking your airship… .
    Hachikomaru:yeah where are the strategic oil barrels on deck
    tab can shoot
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:like most games
    i got a long ranged sword atk
    DM:Your airship takes a hit rattling as a cannon ball cuts into the hull….
    Hachikomaru:tho its just a reg blast effect
    not sure the range on that
    Calim Gorn:It’s rank x 100 ft for long range
    DM:There’s a jarring shake as all those on deck have to make an acrobatics check to rtain balance.. Calim I’m gonna say is at -2 to this casue he’s all outt attacking
    So he’s not braced down at all heh.
    Hachikomaru:ø AE: Corrosion Blast – Ranged Damage 8 (Unreliable (5 uses), Secondary, Incurable) * 17 pts.
    is the stats
    Calim Gorn:Yeah so would be 800 ft for long range
    Hachikomaru:is that max possible range i could land with it?
    Calim Gorn:Yes
    Hachikomaru:whats penalty for that distance?
    Calim Gorn:-5
    DM:-5.
    Hachikomaru:how far away is the target now?
    Calim Gorn:Like 1800 ft
    Hachikomaru:i see
    DM:Yeah. 1800
    Hachikomaru:just curious
    Calim Gorn:Though actually 1500 now I think
    Hachikomaru:no expert on range mechanics
    DM:Also give me an acro check Sef.
    The crew of your ship and the captain seem to brace on okay… and the captain avoids the ship losing control after the hit maintaining your course…
    Noen of you get thrown off
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    DM:And Calim lines up another shot
    Calim Gorn:1500 now?
    DM:yeah 1500 now
    Calim Gorn:Medium range, whoo
    Hitting the cannon again
    DM:Also FYI you could spend a hero point to create a convenient oil barrel :P
    Hachikomaru:blightsteel cannons are tough!
    Calim Gorn:I don’t have Hero Points
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) , Modifier -4 Roll Result: 9 ( natural:10 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:19 ) Makeshift Cannon -
    —— Failure by 2 degrees
    Hachikomaru:yeah you been stingy lately
    no one has any i dont think
    Calim Gorn:Geralt has like 1, lol
    DM:The cannon takes anoth errupture… forcing their tech to try to fix it again
    *****Start of Makeshift Cannon’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:I asked if we got any for graduating, but you never answered
    DM:nah you didn’t.
    Hachikomaru:give their engineer a medal
    DM:The cannon is sill out of commission
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:he def is scotty
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Hachikomaru:patching that thing up haha
  • Calim Gorn fires again
    Calim Gorn:Gonna PA this time, fuck it
    AoA too
    Hachikomaru:he’s got aela duct tape out
    Calim Gorn:lol of course
    DM:Tehy at least do load another cannon ball.
    Hachikomaru:blew your toe off
    DM:And Calims shot goes off course.
    *****Start of Makeshift Cannon’s Turn*****
    DM:As the engineer gets the thing functioning again yelling to the gunner as he fires off the cannonball!
    Hachikomaru:we can repair it faster, stronger, better…..
    Makeshift Cannon:Makeshift Cannon Attacks! (Ranged, +2, rank 6 Damage) PA 2 AOA 2Roll Result: 7 (5) Effect Rank: 8
    Hachikomaru:re-christen it the Steve Austin Attitude Adjuster
    DM:Though the cannons shot misses wide as your airship dodges to the left.
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Should be down to 900 ft now?
    DM:yeah 900 feet now
    Calim Gorn:Just out of short range
    There we go
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) , Modifier 4 Roll Result: -1 ( natural:2 , Modifier -4 , Save DC:21 ) Makeshift Cannon -—— Failure by 5 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Boom!
    Hachikomaru:hit the charge crystal
    all hands lost
    DM:The cannon explodes in a burst of air as you disable it for good…. knocking the engineer on his ass and knocking him out too.
    Hachikomaru:including hostages
    “Persistent at least.”
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 19 ( natural:17 , Save DC:23 ) Shipjacker 10 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
  • Hachikomaru says commending Calim.
    DM:The other shipjacker gets Koed by it too…
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, it was more resilient than I thought it would be.”
    Hachikomaru:“Well it is a huge cannon.”
    “Not pottery.”
    Calim Gorn:“True enough.”
    Next round puts me into short range, and I can start doing Takedown 2
    Hachikomaru:“Quite a feat destroying it with a rifle alone.”
    DM:Calim can see the toehrs running for below deck at this point… since their weapon is taken out… I’ll give Calim a free shot at one more of them beforte they all get below deck.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, still at 900 ft?
    DM:Well potentially more hits if you start taking dem down.
    You’ll close another 300.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    DM:They are taking full dense so it might be a bit tricker than expected.
    Calim Gorn:Heh
    DM:Defense 19
    That’s gonna hit him
    Calim Gorn:4 damage
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) Roll Result: 8 ( natural:6 , Save DC:19 ) Shipjacker 1 -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    And that KOs him
    Calim Gorn:Whoo takedown time
    DM:Defense 21
    Yeah gets him too.
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:12 , Save DC:19 ) Shipjacker 8 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    kbnocks out another
    Defense 19
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:12 , Save DC:19 ) Shipjacker 6 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Heh that might miss
    DM:Defense 25
    Calim Gorn:Yup that one missed
    So that ends my chain
    DM:Calim clears off a bunch of them before they run to the cover of below deck…
    Calim Gorn:“Tch, couldn’t quite get them all.”
  • Calim Gorn switches his pistol back to its standard configuration as they prepared to board
  • Geralt puts up quen
    Captain:“Well I hope you’re ready to jump I can get you close but this boarding is never a science….”
    Geralt:“Just do your best.”
    DM:He brings the two ships close.. anyone that has a flight speed of some kind can land automatically, though if you don’t I’ll require an acro check to see if youmaintain your balance during the jump
    Calim Gorn:I have Leaping 3, I can make a 60 ft jump
    Still need to roll?
    I also have a Skystrike Cloak
    So I can glide in
    In a controlled manner
    Captain:yeah the cloak makes it so you don’t need it anyway
    leaping would work too
    DM:Geralt rolls in nicely.. .Sef can you fly?
    Geralt:i think he can
    DM:yeah I know his dog form can… not sure about his regular
    Geralt:maybe not yet though
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    i can fly
    Geralt:oh yeah, was thinking doggie form
    Hachikomaru:tho he’ll just acro
    damn wasting my nat 20s on acro checks, thats twice
    2 nat 20s in a row
    on damn acro checks
  • Calim Gorn draws his sword as he lands on deck, holding it in one hand and his pistol in the other
    Hachikomaru:yeah he can fly in both forms
    Geralt:you sold your soul to the frog demon for nat 20’s remember
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:kek, he’s egyptian primordial deity of chaos
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    Hachikomaru:figure his porfolio must include random number generators!
    Geralt:“We can end this now, without further bloodshed. It is up to you!”
    DM:You all land on deck as your ship nears the other one and you leap off…. As you do.. the defenders rush out from theri hiding spots…. intent on confronting you with a last stand on deck…. some have shock pistols others have spiker rifles…
    Gonna redo init one sec…
    Geralt:me and T were loking at Savaged CoC camps, was a big mega adventure dealing with atlantis
    he thought you would like that
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:yeah i like ancient civilizations, mythology, etc
    Calim Gorn:Need to move Sef’s mini to the ship
    Hachikomaru:im into ancient history and esoteric stuff
    DM:Another dramatic figure in a cowboy hat steps out as well… wielding a pair of pistols.
    Calim Gorn:Oh lord
    Hachikomaru:someone you know?
    Calim Gorn:I hope not, lol
    Geralt:“Hey there hoss. You the one calling the SHOTS here?”
    Hachikomaru:you said oh lord
    so i thought you meant it was npc you knew
    Calim Gorn:Yeah because I can tell that one isn’t a mook
    DM:Btw as far as scale…
    Hachikomaru:haha
    looks like you got you a showdown at the ok coral
    DM:It’s about 150 feet from one side of theship to the other.
    Lemme label whcih got rifles vs pistols as well one sec.
    Geralt:so map not to scale then?
    Calim Gorn:“I’ll take the bow, you take the stern.”
    DM:yeah not to scale.
    I don’t really scale most of the M&M maps
    Figure with a speed of 30 per move you’d go about 1/4 of the ship probably for simplicity. Won’t really nitpick too much.
    The gunslinger eyes Calim.
    Calim Gorn:Of course he does
    Gunslinger:“How about we settle this like men…”
  • Calim Gorn smirks
    DM:actually I screwed up his init shoudl move him up one sec.
    Calim Gorn:“How about you just surrender now and save us the trouble?”
    DM:Still not better than geralt.
    Geralt:ok, so I’m up?
    DM:Yep Geralt’s turn
    Geralt:i guess no response to my heed?
    DM:Yeah they seem like they’re gonna fight… they aren’t quite ready to back down yet.
    Geralt:they still approaching agressive?
    DM:They’ve still got an advantage of numbers.
    Geralt:ok, move to the front
    Hachikomaru:“Why don’t you two just settle this with a duel? Winner take all.”
  • Hachikomaru says looking to the sharpshooters.
    Geralt:“Let’s dance….”
  • Hachikomaru says with a smirk.
    Calim Gorn:“Looks like Captain Geralt isn’t interested.”
    Geralt:well we don’t have time to discuss as a commitee
    Calim Gorn:I am not a committee!
    Geralt:lol
    DM:lol
    Geralt charges in, staring the battle!
    Geralt:13
    #13
    DM:ok
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 18 ( natural:16 , Save DC:21 ) Shipjacker Pistoleer 13 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Geralt chops him down with a swing of his sword
    Calim Gorn:Aw yeah, roll them takedowns
    Garrion:takedown
    #7
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 20 ( natural:18 , Save DC:21 ) Shipjacker Pistoleer 7 -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Another of the pistol wielders drops.
    Calim Gorn:Whoo
    Keep going man
    Garrion:and still continue right?
    DM:yeah if you have takedown 2
    Calim Gorn:If you got two ranks of Takedown yes
    DM:if you have TD 1 then it stops there
    Garrion:i just have 1
    Calim Gorn:Ah damn
    DM:ah okay so just one bonus attack max
    *****Start of Gunslinger’s Turn*****
    Garrion:wait?
    he extra attack is with the same attack and bonus as the first. You can continue using this advantage until you miss or there are no more minions within range of your attack or your last target.
    unless you changed it
    DM:Thats for 2 ranks in takedown.
    For 1 rank you get one use.
    Garrion:A second rank in this advantage allows you to attack non-adjacent minion targets, moving between attacks if necessary to do so. You cannot move more than your total speed in the round, regardless of the number of attacks you make. You stop attacking once you miss, run out of movement, or there are no more minions within range of your attack.
    Calim Gorn:Oh heh, okay
    Yeah rank 2 lets you do it on non-adjacent
    Rank 1 still lets you hit them if they’re next to each other
    Hachikomaru:yeah 2nd rank lets you improved spring atk deal
    DM:oh wait… nm..
    yeah you’re right actually
    so yeah you could take down the adjacent guys
    weird heh been a whiel since anyone didn’t take TD 2
    I was thinking cleave/ great cleave in D&D
    Yeah okay so you do get the last attack alreight the 20 will hit..
    Garrion:#12 then
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh, it’s a little tricky
    Hachikomaru:i had it before, tho like i said, my sheet wasnt done :-p
    Calim Gorn:Rolled a 20 against #12
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 5 ( natural:3 , Save DC:21 ) Shipjacker Rifleman 12 -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    Wiow you just beheaded that guy
    Calim Gorn:lol and he’s sliced in half
    Garrion:and 14 out of range
    DM:yeah unless you had a reach on your weapon
    Garrion:nope, just swords
    Calim Gorn:Hopefully I have some cover from where I am
    DM:Heh well you did just jump on deck so you havne’t had time to realyl take much cover yet.
    Calim Gorn:lol but he’s on the upper deck shooting down and isn’t at the edge
    DM:The gunslinger moves over… firing his two pistols in your direction in a barrage of rapid fire.
  • Garrion charges in after his request is ignored, dodging and weaving and bringning down 3 of the opposition like reeds in a tornado.
    Gunslinger:Gunslinger Attacks! (Ranged, +6, rank 4 Damage)Roll Result: 24 (18) Effect Rank: 4
    Calim Gorn:Well that definitely hits
    DM:Balasting Calim with a hal of shock pistol shots…
    Calim Gorn:Standard shock pistol?
    Gunslinger:“Would have preferred the duel, but this works too.”
    DM:Well they seem to be shock pistols… you’re not sure if they’re standard or not.
    They are firing in rapid fire barrages with a dual wield too heh.
    Calim Gorn:Okay well what do I roll for Toughness? lol
    Oh I guess I just make the check heh
    Of fucking fourse
    course
    DM:lol.
    Geralt:lol
    Calim Gorn:God damn it why don’t I have any Hero Points
    Geralt:you better plead to kek too
    Hachikomaru:lol
    DM:3 degrees
    He stuns Calim with rapid fire shock rounds. Staggered and 3 wounds
  • Calim Gorn grunts in pain as he reels back
    Gunslinger:“You boys get the other one…” (looks to his men)
    *****Start of Shipjacker Pistoleer 2’s Turn*****
    DM:One of the pistoleers walks up and shoots at Hachi
    Shipjacker Pistoleer 2:Shipjacker Pistoleer 2 Attacks! (Ranged, +4, rank 4 Damage)Roll Result: 24 (20) Effect Rank: 4
    DM:And gets him, fortunately minions can’t crit.
    Geralt:they rolling good
    DM:But Hachi does have to roll a toughbness check.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah this is usually how it goes
    Minions swarm us with nat 20’s and then we roll 1’s on Toughness checks
    Sefiros:tou check?
    or it fort
    Calim Gorn:Yup
    Toughness
    DM:toughness
    Gunslinger:“I reckon you boys will be worth qutie a ransom.”
    DM:ahahaha.
    lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol Jesus
    Geralt:jeesh
    Sefiros:no HP either hehe
    DM:a 2nd degree failure. heh.
    dazed and 2 damage
    *****Start of Shipjacker Rifleman 3’s Turn*****
    DM:The rifleman takes aim at Geralt seeing Hachi reeling in pain and all the guys dropped at Geralt’s feet
    Sefiros:whats daze do again
    Shipjacker Rifleman 3:Shipjacker Rifleman 3 Attacks! (Ranged, +3, rank 5 Damage)Roll Result: 17 (14) Effect Rank: 5
    Sefiros:no move?
    only standard
    Calim Gorn:Standard or move
    Not both
    DM:Yeah no move.
    Sefiros:ah ok
    DM:And 2 to melee attacks
    That’ll strike Geralt I think with Quen up.. lemme see if it penetrates it though..
    Sefiros:how do cones work on level srufaces?
    for example, if i used a cone effect here
    Calim Gorn:Pretty much like a D&D cone far as I know
    Sefiros:does it eat through the deck
    DM:Yeah it will hit the deck
    So it will damage the airship.
    The spike from the rifle strikes into the Quen shield and bounces off.
    Shipjacker Rifleman 3:“Boss… we got a problem…”
    *****Start of Shipjacker Pistoleer 4’s Turn*****
    Sefiros:Cone: The effect fills a cone with a length, width, and height of 60 feet (distance rank 1), spreading out from the effect’s starting point. Cones on a level surface halve their final height.
    so that means it’d eat 30’ below deck, and be 30’ high in the air
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    Shipjacker Rifleman 3:The pistoleers moves towards the back of the ship firign a shot at Geralt
    Shipjacker Pistoleer 4:Shipjacker Pistoleer 4 Attacks! (Ranged, +4, rank 4 Damage)Roll Result: 8 (4) Effect Rank: 4
    DM:But misses wildly.
    *****Start of Shipjacker Rifleman 14’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:You could maybe aim it up so that it only goes like 30 ft forward and doesn’t hit the ship
    Sefiros:hmm seems no way to have like a blast wave/arc type effect then
    DM:The rifleman chooses to try to take a shot at Geralt…
    Shipjacker Rifleman 14:Shipjacker Rifleman 14 Attacks! (Ranged, +3, rank 5 Damage)Roll Result: 20 (17) Effect Rank: 5
    Geralt:of course he does
    DM:And strikes him cleanrly though the quen shield absorbs the shot with no damage.
    Geralt:run you little bastard
    Calim Gorn:Heh, bounces off Quen shield though?
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Shipjacker Rifleman 3:Yeah.. I guess you coudl take a quirk on a cone
    to make it noly a limited arc
    Sefiros:how far is our ship from the one we boarded?
    DM:-1 point quirk or something
    It’s trying tos tay alongside it… though it’s not consistently close to it, but it’s probably within say 10-60 feet
    Picturing it bobbing in and out of range trying to stay with irt.
    Sefiros:im getting sleepy, so did this matter require us to not destroy the ship? lol
    DM:There’s not actually boarding planks or anything.
    Calim Gorn:Heh well the ship is being hijacked lol
    DM:Well there’s probably hostages on board.
    Sefiros:hmm or wait, actually
    Calim Gorn:Would be kinda shitty of us to destroy it
    Sefiros:i could just float 30’ up
    so i woundlt nuke the deck
    DM:And yeah there’s cargo and stuff, ti’s not a pirate ship
    Sefiros:im trying to hit the guys with a cone, but not nuke the ship
    and kill any hostages potentially below etc
    DM:Well I mean, iot’s hard to not hit the ground with a cone… I mean if you flew up the ship would pretty much outrun you at that point.
    Since the ship is moving.
    Unless you can fly really fast.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, let him have the -1 quirk on his thing
    DM:Well I guess I’ll let you have a quirk on it if you want to make that permanently how it works where it’s a stationary wave and not a cone.
    Sefiros:alrighg guess I’ll just have to pick em one one at a time
    Calim Gorn:Nah he’s letting you do it as a wave
    Geralt:physics 101… he is moving at the same velocity as the ship unless an outside force changes that, hehe
    DM:Just have to stick with that in the future.
    Calim Gorn:You can do it as a wave and not hurt the ship
    Sefiros:I’ll go after that one there
    DM:heh well he’s gonna get slowed down by the air resistance after he loses the acceleration :P
    Calim Gorn:He’s letting you do the wave man, you don’t gotta go one at a time
    Also you can’t move and attack
    You’re stunned
    Sefiros:ah yeah true nm then
    DM:well he could charge with the -2
    he could move it’s just the -2 bit to his attack.
    Assuming he can get there with one move
    Sefiros:ok I’ll do that, I’ll reroll it then only seems fair
    unless u want me to keep it
    DM:well I’ll just use that roll with a -2.
    If you’re just doing that and charging
    Sefiros:ok whatever you wanna do
    *****Start of Shipjacker Pistoleer’s Turn*****
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) Roll Result: 9 ( natural:7 , Save DC:19 ) Shipjacker Pistoleer 2 -
    —— Failure by 2 degrees
    You claw down that guy.. that the acid attack too?
    Sefiros:yeah just regular acid claw atk tech
    DM:He gives out a loudscream as his flesh dissovles…
    Leaving behind a half eaten away torso..
    Calim Gorn:lol, free intimidate check?
    DM:heh well potnentialyl at the end of the round depending on how things go, tehy know tehy can at least hurt Sef.
    Assuming you even want to go for a surrender heh.
    Geralt:if my failure 4 degree darth maul body slice didn;t phase them….
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    DM:oh wait I skipped the pistoller one sec.
    heh well yeah you’ll get one potetnialyl at the end of the round
    Just figure it takes em time to register what’s going on.
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 8 ( natural:5 , Save DC:16 ) Shipjacker Pistoleer -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Shipjacker Pistoleer:“Hell with this!!”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:The bandit runs for the edge of the ship, diving of and deploying a skystrike cloak
    *****Start of Calim Gorn’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Recover action
    DM:okay.
    Calim Gorn:That’s my whole round
    Oh, I can roll for regen
    *****Start of Shipjacker Rifleman 9’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:So close
    Sefiros:eh got what 1 regen?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    Gunslinger:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 9 ( natural:6 , Save DC:16 ) Shipjacker Rifleman 9 -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    DM:The rifleman decides to run too..
    He leaps off as well.
    *****Start of Geralt’s Turn*****
    Geralt:“I’ll be back for the two of you, pray you don;t piss me off any more.”
    how far on move?
    Calim Gorn:What’s your speed rank?
    Geralt:to get to top deck?
    standard
    DM:You couldn’t get to the gunslinger this turn you’d get to the top of the stair swith a double move basically
    Geralt:there?
    DM:actualyl you could rush that guy with a charge, take a 2 to hit him
    Calim Gorn:Could he charge that guy? Does it have to be straight line in M&M?
    DM:Nah doesn’t require a strainght line basically it’s just a move + an attack at -2
    Calim Gorn:Nice, go for it
    Geralt:ok, will chage
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6)
    hmm that didn’t work right.
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 21 ( natural:19 , Save DC:21 ) Shipjacker Rifleman 3 -
    —— Success
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:wow he succeeded.
    Geralt:boo
    DM:The rifleman raises his rifle to parry Geralts sword… ducking back with swear dripping down his face.
    *****Start of Gunslinger’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Shipjacker Rifleman 3’s Turn*****
    Gunslinger:“Dont’ suppose we could work something out? 50/50 split on the loot?”
    Calim Gorn:(Can we tell if Gunslinger is an Imbued btw? Or does he seem mundane?)
    DM:Anyone have sense Aela?
    Geralt:i do
    DM:Your not getting any Aela off him.
    Calim Gorn:Mundane then, heh
    DM:Yeah so probably just a mundane human
    Geralt:actually i guess it just mana, aqqum and numian
    no aela
    Calim Gorn:Should probably try to capture him alive though, Ronen gets pissy if you just put people to the sword and don’t let them face justice in the courts
    Geralt:cause i would be setting it off all the time ;)
    DM:lol yeah.
    I think it only senses monsters too if that’s your talisman. at least for the mana stuff.
    Geralt:yeah
    DM:And yeah Ronen prefers you bring people into the courts. Of course they generalyl accept that accidents can happen in battle, so long as you don’t like srtaight up execute prisoners and such
    Geralt:Sense Magic – Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Mana magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses:Nuumian magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection), Extra Sense 3 (Senses: Aquum magic, Magical Sense, Ranged, Radial, Limited 2: Only yes/no detection)
    only mimited to yes/no, not monster only
  • Gunslinger holsters his weapons and raises his hands.
    Geralt:cause in game it also senses places of power and illusions and such
    Gunslinger:Yeah I thik youg to a sense magic thing too that’d do something similar
    *****Start of Shipjacker Rifleman 3’s Turn*****
    DM:The remaining thugs back away trying to surrender…
  • Geralt advances, securing the prisoners
    DM:Rifleman 3 does hodl his gun still mostly as a defensive weapon against Geralt’s sword, and takes full defnese
    So you gonna take these guys alive or is someone gonna go no mercy on them? :P
    Calim Gorn:Heh, take ‘em alive
    Geralt:will take alive
    “Make sure they stay put. I’m going to go check below."
    DM:You secure the prisoners, there’s some rope on deck you can use.
  • Geralt will look for hostages etc
  • Calim Gorn motions with his pistol for everyone to get together so they can be tied up
    Sefiros:ok guys since this combat is done, im gonna have to bail, i am mega mega tired, like i can barely keep my eyes open or think, so if need be, roll skill checks for hachi or whatever
    Calim Gorn:“Drop your weapons. Nice and slow.”
    DM:The ship is secured.. it seems there’s no more down there…. save for a couple watching the hostages, they’ve got about 20 people down tehre as hostages, it looks like the old crew and some passengers.
    Geralt:ok, they going to surrender to me?
    Gunslinger:“That’s a nice gun you’ve got there. You mind if I take a look?”
    Calim Gorn:“Yeah I do.”
    Sefiros:he’s stoic enough, to be in the background for the rest of this rp
    DM:Yeah the remainder surrender. They probably heard the death scream of the one Hachi melted.
    Sefiros:im gonna hit the sack, night folkds
    Calim Gorn:Later dude
    Geralt:gnight
  • Calim Gorn makes sure Gunslinger is tied up securely along with the others
  • Geralt frees the hostages, takes the other 2 up top to secure with the rest
    DM:There’s a couple Ronen women as well some passangers who are relieved to be rescued.
  • Geralt will interrogate the hostages as to what happened… seperately from the others
    DM:You amnage to slow down this ship so that your original ship can dock as well and get a stable bridge across.
  • Calim Gorn holds up his pistol once Gunslinger is secure, letting him look but not touch
    Calim Gorn:“Custom design, built just for me.”
  • Calim Gorn grins
    DM:Pretty much from what you gather, these robbers went on posing as passengers and tried to hijack the ship and take it to Daelan.
  • Calim Gorn shows him the conversion to sniper mode and back as well
    Gunslinger:“You’re a lucky man.”
  • Geralt returns to the prisoners…
    Geralt:“So what is your story?”
    Calim Gorn:“Indeed I am. You hit me pretty hard. Glad it wasn’t lethal.”
    Geralt:“For what purpose were you taking this ship?”
    Gunslinger:“Just a sliglhty less-than-honest gentleman trying to make a peice of silver or two.”
  • Geralt evaluates from the crew what the cargo was also, before questioning
    Gunslinger:“Hope you can’t fault me for that.”
    DM:it wasn’t anything particularly special.. thre were some tools, as well as some whirlwind wagons (basically magitech cars) but nothing of particular military value.
    Geralt:“If you want coin, find an honest job.”
    “You plan this job all yourself?”
    Gunslinger:“Yeah, it was all me. SOme of the boys may have chipped in from time to time… I told em that cannon wasn’t big enough.”
    Calim Gorn:“Was definitely sturdier than I gave it credit for at least.”
    Geralt:“Wel I hope it was worth it. The authorities will decide what happens to you after we land.”
    Gunslinger:“Doubt it’ll be pleasant.”
    Geralt:“Better than had you seriously harmed one of my companions.”
    Gunslinger:“Any chance you migth consider letting us go?”
    Calim Gorn:“Nope. Sorry.”
    Geralt:“not this time. Someone has to answer for the crime.”
    Gunslinger:“Can’t blame me for tryin’.”
    Geralt:“You play, you pay.”
    Calim Gorn:Once we get everybody rounded up and secured I’ll head back over to our ship and go check out the damage from the cannon and lend a hand in repairing it
    DM:it hasn’t inflicted serious enough damage to impair the function of the ship but the hull was cracked in places, and it needs some repair back at dock.
    You can patch up some of the boards on that thing.
    Gunslinger:“Speakin on of which? Anyone care for a game of cards on our way back? Suppose I got an hour of freedom or so left right?”
    Geralt:once back on the Eagle… "See captain, not so bad after all right? Don;t you feel better knowing you helped all those people now?’
  • Captain looks down at his damaged ship.
    Captain:“I probably won’t when we land my boss sees this…”
    Calim Gorn:“House Toress will cover the repair bill.”
    Captain:“Really?”
    DM:It’s generally not required to cover the bill for this sort of thing, it’s just kinda imperial duty if Imbued gotta commandeer a ship for this sorta emergency.
  • Calim Gorn smiles as he pats Alyssa on the back, “You don’t recognize Princess Alyssa Toress?”
    Captain:“Well of course I ddi, btu I didn’t- well thanks!”
    DM:Guess we can stop here since Sef is out already.
    And we’re at about stop time anyway.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Geralt:souinds good
    DM:oh lemme give out a hero point
    actually will just give it to your chars in the common area
    Calim Gorn:At least I get to spend the queen’s money now that I’m married, haha
    DM:Calim Gorn gains a hero point. , Geralt gains a hero point. , Hachikomaru gains a hero point.
    Since you guys were complaining about hero points :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Geralt:lol
    among other things
    DM:was waiting for Sef to destroy the airship lol.
    Geralt:no game of T’s goes by without a good platter of cheese and wine
    DM:And all the hostages dead.
View
Session Log Lucky 13

Herlock:hi guys
Tabris:Yo
Alyssa Toress:this new monitor is so fucking amazing
i had 2 fed ex trucks come today about 2 minutes apart
Tabris:lol nice
Hey Sef
Sefiros:hey
Tabris:Since we’re up to PL8 now guess I can delete the “Young” token
DM:hey yeah
Gimme 10 mins or so gonna finish making some food and such.
Was a bit late in getting shit ready, had a bunch of crap come up
Tabris:No problem
I just got in myself
Sefiros:same here
someone IM me when ready
DM:alright should be pretty good to start right now.
Tabris:Whoo
Sefiros:sec
DM:alright we’ll start when Sef is back
Sefiros:ok back
Think I’m just gonna stick with my current sheet till we actually graduate IC for the record.
DM:okay.. so last we left off…. Tinigath had launched an assault on Thudnerheart (capital of the wolfheart clan) and as far as you know destroyed the magitech fortress of Vigilance.
Sefiros:some stuff i wanna go over before i turn it in anyways as well
was the news that Terl was dead as well?
Calim Gorn:Fuckin’ Tinigath
Yeah
Sefiros:poor guy
Calim Gorn:And Arielle is severely wounded
Sefiros:demoted then pwnt
yeah i remember that much from last camp anyways
Sef tried to go with her, but she wouldnt let him
Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
Sefiros:she was all vegetable’ed
Calim Gorn:Then you killed Taesian and got Mind Death’d lol
Sefiros:so T didnt just do that for you herlock heh
it happened last time
it at least made for an interesting council meeting
DM:Yeah heh news passed on that Terl was slain as far as anyone knows.
Sefiros:The Daimyo would think at least
Calim Gorn:lol yeah
Sefiros:perry mason meets city of the ancients
wasnt there like a big airship assault on some mountains/volcano as well?
last time anyway
Alyssa Toress:man my room is a mess
fucking boxes
sef you need any monitors?
i now have 2 monitors i no longer need
DM:Valia Dreamborn, your new head instructor has continued classes as usual, but there’s a dark mood to everything… and classes do stop as news of the first airship coming back from Yt is heard… apparently the one carrying Princess Arielle Toress…
Sefiros:yeah i got an old TV thats about shot
Alyssa Toress:do i have to go see her
DM:Well you don’t have to lol.
Calim Gorn:lol
Alyssa Toress:okay i will go see her
Sefiros:could prolly use both of em to be honest lol

  • Calim Gorn goes to see her as well
    Sefiros:what size are they?
    Alyssa Toress:24?
    Sefiros:yeah so long as they aint tiny, im use to bigger screens, eyes aint good as they use to be
    Alyssa Toress:yeah they are bigger
    “i hope she is okay”
    Sefiros:can that rig accomidate dual monitors?
    i assume so
    Alyssa Toress:“she sounded badly hurt”
    yes
    DM:The queen is first to her with a delegation to prevent the others, beyond family, from seeing her… likley not to show the princess in a vulnerable state to the rest of the imbued…
    Sefiros:itd be useful for gaming, have char sheet on one, etc
    anyways
    Alyssa Toress:is calim allowed in
    DM:For now, tehty’re limiting it to just direct family.
    So your father and mother are there, that’sa bout it.
    Alyssa Toress:“you’ll have to wait outside”
  • Calim Gorn nods, “I understand. Please give her my regards.”
    DM:It seems the queen wants as few rumors about Arielles condition to get out.
  • Alyssa Toress goes in to see her
    Alyssa Toress:“mother father? how is she”
    how many limbs is she missing
    Calim Gorn:(She was basically a cancer patient from what I remember last time)
    DM:She lays in bed, apparently not missing any limbs you can see… but it seems some of her hair has fallen out, and her skin is very pale.
    Alyssa Toress:oh she got dosed huh
    DM:She’s not conscious currently.
    The queen has tears running from her eyes, not something you commonly see….
    Calim Gorn:(Yeah Earth Rot is like radiation poisoning heh)
  • Alyssa Toress hugs her mom
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“She was afflicted by Earth rot… it’s bad..”
    Alyssa Toress:“is there anything we can do?”
    Hachikomaru:Unleash the kraken!
    King Brathor Orun:“WE are administering the healing water, and the Templar are doing what they can… but they say all we can do is wait right now.”
    Alyssa Toress:“then all we can do is pray then”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“We are finding the best from the Guilds and Makoro, we need to pull in ever resource we can.”
    Alyssa Toress:“if there is any way to help i know we will find it”
    is garrion coming btw
    Calim Gorn:Nah he said he was out this week
    Alyssa Toress:ah
  • Hachikomaru accompies Calim in the “waiting” room to be polite and support Alyssa, but is quiet.
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“The archmagi have given us the run-around… I demanded to speak to Naechen himself…. If anyone knows a secret, it would be him.”
    Alyssa Toress:“they overstep their bounds”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“I won’t tolerate dealing with junior representatives of the archmagi on this… laws of Aylanae be damned… I’ll tear their tower down if I have to.”
    Hachikomaru:going all cersei aint she
    King Brathor Orun:“We can’t do anything rash… I’m sure they’re doing all they can too.. even if they are staying in isolation.”
    Calim Gorn:(The Archmages would probably rather study her lol)
    (Our first subject with advanced Earth Rot in generations! Prepare the vivisection room!)
    DM:lol.
    Everyone stays by Arielle for some time… .it’s a tense moment, the queen doing little but stand by her, even when there are reports from the rest of Aylanae, she seems uninterested and even angry at those telling them to devote all their resources to helping Arielle.
    It’s onyl the king that tries to be the voice of reason.
    Hachikomaru:time to go dust off the Tenseiga…
    DM:Alyssa has never seen her mother act this way… she’s normally so composed and calm, but now she seems to be increasingly unstable.
    That being said, there’s little to do but wait and hope Arielle wakes up.. .but she doesn’t… and even worse news comes in… news that the Grand Templar hinmself was slain in the attack on Vigilance.
    Calim Gorn:Baelis for Grand Templar!
    DM:There was hope he’d survive, but it seems his corpse was found, and he was indeed dead…
    Alyssa Toress:anise for grand templar
    DM:Baelis’ first act would be changing communion wine to communion bourbon. :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:“mother we need to think about more than arielle the entire empire is in peril”
    “if you dont wish to leave her side at least appoint a temporary reagent to handle matters”
    DM:It’s been nearly 18 hours since Arielle fell sick, and Queen Cheisa has hardly left her side, leaving only for a few key meetings in the throne room with those who claimed to be able to help.
    I’ll give Alyssa a persuasion check here as well.
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    sorry
    nat 20
    DM:heh wow.
    Calim Gorn:lol nice
    Guess we’re gonna have to put up with Linea for a while
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“The empire needs a queen, now more than ever…”
    “…I’d like you to be by my side through all this.”
    Alyssa Toress:“of course mother”
    DM:Two days after Arielle returned to Aylanae… the meeting of the grand council is called… a meeting which the QUeen invites Alyssa to attend.
    Alyssa Toress:this is all tabs fault
    Calim Gorn:(Does Alyssa tell us anything about Arielle’s condition?)
    lol how is this my fault
    Alyssa Toress:i will tell calim
    but not the others
  • Calim Gorn frowns as he hears the news…
    Calim Gorn:“I’m sorry. I hope she is able to recover soon.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i dont know if thats possible”
    Calim Gorn:“Her band mate Helenia was very talented with magic from what I recall. Perhaps she knows of something that could help? I could ask my sister as well.”
    Alyssa Toress:“its worth trying”
    DM:The council meeting apparenly concenrs an accusation from Taesin Stormblood of the WOlfheart against President Honorius Lastar of the guild of swords
  • Calim Gorn nods, “I’ll see what I can find out.”
    Calim Gorn:Good old Lastar, that bastard
    DM:Alyssa is given a seat next to the queen, clearly she wants to show you the ways of government, though she hasnt’ mentioned it as such as directly talking about it is probably quite painful for her.
    Your cousin, Ellenya Toress, is present in the viewing area of the council meeting as well, apparently glaring at President Lastar. You know the two have had issues as well
    Calim Gorn:Yeah she hates the shit out of him
    DM:The other seats of the coucnil have their respective members except for the Templar’s seat which is still empty, as they have yet to decide on a new Grand Templar (baelis is not in the consideration)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Actually wait Baelis died at vigilance too nm. heh.
    He’s already died in battle.
    Calim Gorn:lol oh yeah, I forgot about that
    We should all raise a bottle for him
    Hachikomaru:alcohol poisoning?
    DM:heh yeah, we can assume you guys all had a drink in his honor upon hearing the news.
    Possibly, though the ymay have said the earth demons got him to save face.
    Calim Gorn:They told him alcohol could neutralize the Earth Rot
    Hachikomaru:it cant?!
    DM:Nobody told him that, he just assumed it.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:President Lastar is already waiting as well though not in a council chair.. the man has dark black hair as is common of Ronen natives as well as a short black bard.
    *beard
    He wears an expensive suit, though from what you heard he was originally a general of the guild of swords that got the promotion, he’s rather young for a guild president too, apaprently bringing with him a new wave of changes to the guild. Making a bunch of promises of ushering the guild into a new level.
    Some others you know are there too, including Sefiros. the mysterious silver haired warrior, known to be somewhat unstable.
    The queen starst the meeting…
    Actualyl lemme find out who the Yt representative is.. one sec.
    Calim Gorn:Thought it was Meerin then
    DM:The woflheart clan actually has thronehold now… with Oren Wolfheart, sitting in the chair for them.
    Calim Gorn:Ahh, heh
    DM:Nah, actually it shouldb e Oren at this point.
    Calim Gorn:Just so long as it’s not Saveron
    DM:Guess who gets it next year…
    :)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Oshiro sits there looking annoyed and bored mostly.
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“President Lastar you have some rather serious allegations made agaisnt you. Taesian Step forward and present your evidence.”
    DM:Taesian steps in, gesturing for the templar to bring in some kind of mystery guest (probably a witness with him)
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Let us get this over with quickly…”
    DM:Taesian steps to the middle of the room…
    Taesian:“After the attacks in Yt I went into tinigath to bring back those that were taken hostage”
    “I arrived before their armies had and at a vulnerable time a village informed me that the attacks had in fact been a retaliation”
    DM:He goes on to describe devastation that happened at some villages in Tinigath…
    Taesian:“at once site I found one village, completely destroyed by a large magitech suit, based on the marks left around it appears to be a suit of armour, based on Ellenyas designs and stolen by the guild of swords for their secret project”
    “at the other sites I found they had been attacked by ground soldiers”
    DM:Ellenya Toress glares sharply at Lastar as she hears the testimony…
    Taesian:“everyone had been killed, including children”
    DM:Taesian goes forth to show various evidence he recovered… a peice of a magitech cannon, a body from a soldier in uniform from the Star-crossed company ( a member of the guild of swords)
    As well as some assorted other magitech weaponry that looks common to guild of swords soldiers..
    Lastar sits calmly back in his seat, an unlit cigar in his mouth.
    Taesian then motions to one of the templar to bring forth the man with him
    Calim Gorn:(Pretty sloppy for black ops work)
    Taesian:“this is a member of the star crossed company who undertoook the attack”
    DM:He removes the hood from the witness, to reveal what looks like a native of Ronen.
    Taesian:“Tell the council who ordered the attack”
    Soldier:“It was my captain and commander…”
    DM:The soldier points towards another man who is in the council chamber… one who looks in surprise at Taesian… you’re not sure what happened between them but it seems he sees it as some kind of betrayal…
    Taesian:“May I present the man who commandered the attack… please tell the council who ordered the attack.”
    DM:THe man who the soldier pointed to looks rather nervous and looks to Lastar, apparebntly unsure of what to say.
    President Honorius Lastar:“Go ahead son, tell them the truth.”
    Commander:“It was President Lastar”
    Taesian:“This attack on innocents lead to the earth demons in force attack us, we have lost who knows how many templar, and our cherished princess has been wounded…gravely”
    “These actions cannot be ignored, Lastar may have sent us into a war we can no longer prevent and it will lead to thousands of deaths”
    “All so he can test his prototype weapon.”
    DM:The queen turns to Lastar with a glare…
    Calim Gorn:(That he stole from Ellenya)
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Is this true President Lastar?”
    DM:Sefiros stands up at this point as Lastar starts to speak.
    President Honorius Lastar:“Clearly Taesian must have switched his allegiance to the minotaur clan to manage to stack up a pile of bullshit this large.”
    Sefiros:“Taesian leaves out one important piece of information. It was I, who attacked an earth demon temple, and destroyed it and its occupants. I delivered the first blow, in whatever is to come.”
  • Taesian shakes his head and looks at Sefiros.
  • Taesian clenches his teeth shaking his head at Sefiros.
    DM:Even Ellenya glares at Sefiros…. apparently wanting him to shut up
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:And Sefiros returns her look with a dead serious intimidating look, clearly not backing down
    Alyssa Toress:so sef started the war
    you cant have my computer okay
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    Hachikomaru:well technically taesian tried to do it, but got pwnt
    some gargoyles kicked his ass irc
    President Honorius Lastar:“Well as much as Sefiros would like to take credit for it… the truth is that it wasn’t his doing either… because the Earth Demons were digging those giant tunnels to Ronen long before my strike.”
    “In fact it was Taesian who let us know about those… before I even went into Yt and offered my help to the clans.”
    Hachikomaru:sef went there to rescue some chick wasnt it?
    mooneagles daughter or something i forget
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I forget what all went down how exactly
    Hachikomaru:one of those nuumian imbued had the mooneagle on their side because they had his daughter hostage i think
    Calim Gorn:But yeah Mooneagle turned traitor and the whole clan was like getting absorbed into the walls of that cavern or whatever
    Hachikomaru:and then they switched sides after i secured her i think
    Taesian:“while you are correct Lastar, as is Sefiros, the attack at the temple was in defense of land controlled by the empire and under templar law. and the tunnels, there is no law broken by creating roads Lastar. We were seeking to prevent a war. You started it.”
    “I warned the high Senator so we could prepare for an attack that MAY NOT COME.”
    Sefiros:“Yes, that much is accurate.”
  • President Honorius Lastar laughs.
    President Honorius Lastar:“Yeah lets just wait for them to burrow under us and attack. Or maybe we can hope that they’re planning on opening up a new trade route with Ronen.”
    Alyssa Toress:i think lastar makes a good point really
    Calim Gorn:(Where’s the event flag to change the past?)
    Sefiros:“I felt if no one would stand up for the empire after we had been assaulted, I would strike first, and take the consequences.”
    Taesian:“I would also like to point out… the two machines causing the Aela disruption we found at Thunderheart and Vigilance, were placed there by the guild of swords. and made by Sefiros’ Boss Senator Adron Kortarian.”
    “They were intentially set to weaken our powers and strengthen nuumian.”
    " “the status and loyalty of Adron and his employees is in question, I will get to that in time.”
    DM:Sefiros draws his sword…
    Sefiros:“Enough Taesian. I will slay you in front of the council itself.”
    Taesian:“Go for it.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:The two angrily look at each other.
    Taesian:“You have spit in my face enough.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Order! There will be order!”
    Hachikomaru:gonna go zap some food brb
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Let him Chiesa… it would provide us some entertainment at least.”
    Sefiros:“I told you I should have been with the Princess, oh she’ll be safe you told me!”
    “Now look at her!”
    Taesian:“I didnt tell you to leave the princess Sefiros… she did, you’re crazy!”
    DM:With that, Sefiros moves in a flash towards Taseian swinging his no dachi at him with a single strike to the neck….
    You watch as the blade passes through and Taesians head rolls to the ground… separated from his body.
    Endrys Vernus the Archmagi representative stands up as the rest of the coucnil is in shock, even Ellenya gasps as it happens
    Sefiros though not wanting to take on the archmagi throws down his sword and surrenders… as tensions seems to stop building to a cricial level.
    Hachikomaru:FATALITY!
    Sefiros:“He dishonored everything I cared for, when I bled for him every moment, with his strings. There are no strings on me!!”
    Archmage Endrys Vernus:“Take him into custody for this outrage!”
    High Senator Gale Propolious:“This cannot stand.. a murder in front of the council!”
    DM:Oren WOlfheart is staring in shock.. seeing his adopted son Taeiian struck downd ead…
    High Senator Gale Propolious:“I move that he be sentenced to Mind death immediately…”
    Oren Wolfheart:“Yes, Mind Death!”
  • Oren Wolfheart slams his staff into the ground dramatically as he yells.
    DM:Oshiros reaction is somewaht less conventional as he bursts out laughing.
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“it saves me the trouble of having to listen to the rest of this waste of my time. Any Imbued who would drop to one blow clearly isn’t of value anyway.”
    Calim Gorn:lol, good old Oshiro
  • Oren Wolfheart lokos at Oshiro with hatred in his eyes.
    DM:The queen is silent and conflicted…. Alyssa had heard that Sefiros had at one point promised to try to help Arielle with some long-shot cure…
    Sefiros:Forgive me, your grace, Queen Cheisa. But I will accept my punishment."
  • Sefiros points towards the archmage with some anger still left in him.
    Sefiros:“He tried to kill my family. I should have killed him as well. Face me, coward.”
    Ellenya Toress:“By the gods, Sefiros, when are you going to learn…”
    Sefiros:“Strike me down.”
    High Senator Gale Propolious:“He’s insane!”
    DM:Archmage calmly gazes at Sefiros not showing any emotion.
    Archmage Endrys Vernus:“You seem to want to invite the council to sentence you to mindDeath, is that your wish Sefiros?”
    Sefiros:“I am clearly a madman, as you all can see.”
    DM:The templar work to finally secure Sefiros and carry him off…. binding him and sending him to prison to await his sentence… Lastar stands up and shrugs.
    President Honorius Lastar:“So I guess I’m ifnished here?”
    DM:Oren wolfheart makes some objections to him leaving but it seems the council is no longer interested in Taesian’s evidence…
    High Senator Gale Propolious:“We shall dealwiht your matter at a later date President Lastar… we have larger matters now.”
    DM:Finally it comes down to a vote on minddeathing Sefiros…. a vote of 5-0, the templar vote being the only one not to vote for it since he’s not there.. the queen’s vote is a relucatnt one, but she must obey the rule of law and Sefiros struck down another imbued.
    Oren Wolfheart:“I want the sentence carried out immediately!”
    Archmage Endrys Vernus:“That will not be possible, as the Somanaru is already in use.”
    “It is being used to enhance the magical power of a new archmage candidate. I will let you know when it is available. Until then keep him imprisoned.”
    DM:The queen angrily pounds the council table a crackle of lightning running down her hand.
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Then this meeting is finished then.”
    DM:Oshrio stands up as does most of the council… only the queen remaining.. .looking to Alyssa with tears in her eyes…
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Arielle’s last hope might die wtih Sefiros.”
    DM:The council breaks, finally leaving Arielle and the rest of EMerald Band to gather together… to discuss what happened, news of Sefiros slaying Taesian and getting sentenced to minddeath is rapidly spreading even among the trainees… carrying on the horrible legacy of Dragon Band and its failrues…
    (one sec brb, but you can RP amongs yourselves)
    Calim Gorn:“I can’t believe Sefiros would do such a thing…”
    “Directly in front of the Council no less. What could he have been thinking?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i dont know”
    “he was angry over arielle”
    “he wanted to protect her and blame taesian i think”
    Calim Gorn:“It just doesn’t make any sense…”
    DM:Alyssa isn’t sure what the whole story is between Arielle and Sefiros, supposedly it happened fairly suddenyl when Sef became attached to Arielle without much real warning, trying to protect her and makle himself his guardian and such.
    Naturally eing the strong woman she is Arielle said she needed no such guardian and could take care of herself.
    Nobody imagined Sef was this crazy… (well except OOC casue you know how nuts he can get :P)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “This is the last thing we need right now… The Empire is about to go into a full scale war. We can’t have our Imbued killing each other.”
    Hachikomaru:everyone can empathize with hating Taesian :-p
    Calim Gorn:That much is true
    DM:Alright so skipping to next scene…
    If you had anything spcific you wanted to do… we could do that as well during this short period of time.
    Hachikomaru:just wondering why we’re redoing this mostly
    filler since G aint here i presume?
    DM:Well I wanted you guys to know some of the recent events.
    Alyssa Toress:i mean i am fine with calling it and waiting for G
    DM:So I’m mostly just catching up with the shit that happened last time. Sop everyone is kinda afmiliar since you’d be able to see some of them IC.
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    Calim Gorn:Calim would have contacted Laventa to ask for her help on figuring out a way to cure Arielle, and tried to get hold of Helenia but I’m guessing she’s getting Archmage’d right now
    Alyssa Toress:is helenia becoming an arch mage?
    DM:heh yeah you heard rumors that she’s been selected to be the next archmage and is currently in the Somanaru getting trained.
    And has otherwise been unreachable.
    There’s also word that the full imperial council is being gathered for a formal declaration of war agaisnt TInigath, that means all the daimyos, all the cheiftains, senators, etc.
    So it generalyl takes time to gather everyone in Aylaane, the full council rarely convenes as a whole like this.
    and I wasn’t doing this stuff for filler reasons exactly, heh I had intended to do some of this stuff since it’s fairly major in describing the ongoing stuff like the possible conspiracy with Lastar and the clans suspecting he was partly to blame in the war, death of Taesian etc.
    As well as potentialyl shady doings by Adron Kortarian who Sefiros was working for. He’s a senator in Ronen who rpoduces magitech.
    Supposedly two devices manufactured by his company Adron Futuristics were found in Thudnerheart and Vigilance, supposedly designed to inhibt Nuumian, but were instead set to inhibit Aela.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah didn’t Ellenya analyze his shit and figure out it had been purposely mis-calibrated to actually strength Nuumian and weaken Aela instead of the other way around?
    DM:It’s uncertain if it was sabotage after the fact or not.
    Yeah. it was mis-calibrated, but youre not sure if it was actually Adron’s douing or not.
    Naturally he says there were other traitors amongs the defenders.
    Since there’s known defectors among the clans who worship the earth demons
    Hachikomaru:so is taesian perma-dead this time since you nerfed immortality or something?
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah but nobody in the clans would have the expertise to do that kind of shit
    Hachikomaru:i forget how many times he’d used it before sef killed him
    DM:Well it’s possible tehy paid someone from Daelan to help or what not.
    I mean the Daelan alliance is also a possibility.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah Lastar is totally working with Daelan
    Just gotta find the proof…
    DM:So I wanted to do that scene to bring all that stuff up[ again, since no doubt a lot of you forgot (or in Herlock’s case didn’t know at all heh)
    Alyssa Toress:i mean it helps more when you explain it in plain text
    rather than roleplaiyng it
    i had no idea what was going on during the council meeting
    DM:heh… yeah I probably could have explained that better, I just tried to get through it pretty quick, since I din’t want to waste a huge amount of time on it.
    Hachikomaru:never answered my question about the immortality deal
    DM:Plus it’s the death of Sefiros, so that’s a major event. :P
    You’ll have to find that out in game Sef :P
    Hachikomaru:i dont really want to find out lol
    DM:That’s metagame knowledge and your character doesn’t know.
    Anyway…
    It’s about a week befor the council formally issues the declaration of war against Tinigath…
    And another week or so after that when the Somanaru finally opens again, to reveal Helenia graduated to an archmage… we can RP that scene out or I can just explain it in text (mostly that’s for herlock, since the rest of you kinda know how this plays out)
    Calim Gorn:I’m okay with the text explanation on that one
    Alyssa Toress:we can just text it
    to be honest its hard to concentrate too much on the game right now :P
    Hachikomaru:the queen elaborate on what her plan was to try and save Arielle anyways?
    i dont mean to me, just was asking in regards to herlocks char
    DM:Well there was a paln involving Sef and some mission to Saidai Taiyou, but with Sef’s minddeath, that’s kinda off the table.
    Anyway… Helenia meerges as the 8th archmage and as her first act, cures Arielle’s Nuumian poisoning, but at the cost of using up one of the potential imbuings, costing one of the Yoshinori’s vassals an imbued child that was promised to them…
    And likely leading to a lot of resentment there…
    Calim Gorn:lol, was that Suzu’s parents?
    DM:nah not them, another vassal family.
    Calim Gorn:Ah too bad
    That would have been funny
    DM:one you haven’t heard of heh, but another pretty major one.. basically leading em to be upset… Remember the Yoshinori’s already are super unpopular because of them ending taking women as sex slaves and such
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Anyway.. the doctrine of all-out war also brings with it some extra provisions that are a surprise…
    Alyssa Toress:i dont think all out war is an actual doctrice
    DM:It’s announced that due to the need for manpower, Emerald band will be graduated ahead of schedule.
    Alyssa Toress:doctrine
    DM:And there’s a swift and plain ceremony of graduation for all of you (we can skip that as well if you just want to fast forward heh)
    Calim Gorn:Oh goody
    DM:Basically you have to swear the oath of fealty to the empire… and you’re activated as full fledged knights of the empire.
    Alyssa Toress:great
    DM:From here on out, it’ll be your story, and the tales of Dragon Band and it’s numerous fuck ups are behind you.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Time for some all new fuck ups!
    DM:lol yup
    I’ts itme for Emerald Bands fuckups!
    Alyssa Toress:i dont think we should go any further without garrion
View
Session Log 12

Tabris:Yo
Sefiros:yo
your mom break any bones?
Herlock:damn i missed the bonus xp
Calim Gorn:Nah she’s okay
Tore her leg up real bad though, it was infected for a while
Sefiros:still in the swamp? or you back home now?
Calim Gorn:She was in the hospital like a week
I’m still in Louisiana right now
Probably gonna be down here a few more days
Sefiros:what did she do, cut it up or something when she fell?
Herlock:what happened
Calim Gorn:Yeah, scraped it up bad
She also hit her face when she fell and cut it open right below her eye, had to get stitches
So she’s been having trouble getting around and such, I’ve been helping her out doing chores and shit and I bought some mobility aids for her
DM:oh damn.
That sucsk.
Calim Gorn:Yeah
Alyssa Toress:sorry to hear that tab
Sefiros:G coming tonight?
Calim Gorn:Dunno, I assume so
He’s always late
Sefiros:well i always assume he’s late, tho im asking did he tell T if he was gonna miss the game or not
Calim Gorn:Haven’t heard
DM:Yeah as far as I knw he’s coming
But we can finish the bit with Sora Yoshinori and what not if you wanted to do that.
Since that’s the last thing you were doing
Though I thikn you were done there anyway
Not sure if you had more to do in Makoro or if you were ready for year 5.
Sefiros:i think we already finished that bit didnt we?
Alyssa Toress:wait did i miss summer facation already
Calim Gorn:Yeah thought we were mostly done with that
Sefiros:only thing i recall, was him mentioning he’d talk to his daughter and that she was good with this sort of thing
Alyssa Toress:i didnt even go to ronen yet!
i gotta hang out with the mafia :(
Calim Gorn:Yeah he was gonna talk to his daughter about it, and then I was gonna go and ask Alyssa to get a favor from the Queen
Alyssa Toress:yeah
we cant skip to year 5 yet
i got stuff to do
and calim has to ask me to marry him
Calim Gorn:lol
DM:heh okay, yeah we can do some personal stuff still.
Alyssa Toress:i mean garrion isnt even here yet
so lets do it now
DM:yeah.
we can do that now, guess we’ll start with Calim going to Alyssa for a favor.
SInce presumably that stuff starts at the begnning of the summer
Sefiros:i guess the main question is, can we achieve this without a marriage or if we need a marriage
Alyssa Toress:thats seperate
thats not for the favor
Sefiros:im talking in general about the situation
Alyssa Toress:ok
Calim Gorn:If we can get the favor from the queen I think we can
Sefiros:if we just want approval, we just marry her off to somebody
pretty simple
the hard part is getting her what she wants, without a husband i think
Alyssa Toress:suzu you mean
Sefiros:yes
Alyssa Toress:what about suburu
okay well start whenever i guess
i got a new icon too!
now that i am a bit older
DM:So calim takes a trip to visit Alyssa in Alara.
Unless you jsut wanted to handle it via Aela Communicator
Calim Gorn:Nah I’ll go see her in person
Alyssa Toress:“hey calim whats new”
Calim Gorn:“Greetings, Alyssa… I was wondering if you could help me with something.”
Alyssa Toress:“i mean as long as its nothing too bad”
Calim Gorn:“Hachikomaru and I just paid a visit to Daimyo Yoshinari. We were hoping to put in a good word for Suzu and get her to join his court since he seems to be a more progressive sort who has embraced the use of Magitech and even has some Shiadar units. It would be a natural fit for her.”
“The problem is that apparently the daimyo cannot just arbitrarily order Suzu to join his court. He needs her parents to agree to it.”
Alyssa Toress:“and where do i come in”
Calim Gorn:He suggested that if we could secure a favor from someone of high stature, that it might persuade her parents."
Alyssa Toress:“a favor for her parents?”

  • Calim Gorn nods
    Alyssa Toress:“an offer they cant refuse?”
    “and you want my mom”
    “to give them one "
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I thought a favor from the queen would be hard to pass up.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i dunno they never did me much good”
    “i guess i can talk to her”
    “okay come along lets go find her”
    Calim Gorn:“Oh… You want me to come along…?”
    Alyssa Toress:“sure”
    “you have met her before right”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes…”
    Alyssa Toress:“i think she is trying to setup our two families anyway”
    “ties between the houses”
  • Calim Gorn nods… “Yes, I was just about to ask about that.”
    Calim Gorn:“Have you heard any talk of who might be with who?”
    Alyssa Toress:“well i guess arielle would be the better tie politically”
    “she is heir”
    “but i havent heard anything as far as actual plans”
    “if it’s arielle it would have to be a lesser son who isnt in line to inherit”
    “or maybe she will marry me off”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm…”
    Alyssa Toress:“i dont really want a husband”
    “i just want to do my own thing”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I feel the same.”
    Sefiros:hey g
    Alyssa Toress:“if i get married i hope its just like… let me do whatever and you do whtever”
  • Calim Gorn smirks a little…
    Garrion:howdy
    DM:yo. They’re just finsihing up some solo stuff during the summer vacation.
    Calim Gorn:“That wouldn’t be a bad arrangement.”
    Garrion:sounds like good timing
    Alyssa Toress:“i got big plans and none of them have to do with being a wife”
    Young Geralt:i’ll be chilling here till done
    Calim Gorn:“And I have someone else in mind as far as… Well, let’s just say that if I’m forced to marry then I’d rather it be to someone who isn’t interested in me and is willing to turn a blind eye to whatever I might be up to.”
    Alyssa Toress:“maybe we can work something out”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps so… Very well, I’ll go with you to see the Queen.”
    Alyssa Toress:“okay”
    so we go see her right T
    scene change
    DM:okay.
    Alyssa Toress:“hello mother look who came to visit”
    DM:You head up to Ayalane to see Queen Cheisa… she spends most of her time on Aylanae, while letting her husband handle the daily affairs most of the time. Many says she fancies herself more an empress than a queen….
  • Calim Gorn bows respectfully
    Calim Gorn:“Your highness.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Alyssa, Calim. What brings the two of you to see me?”
    DM:I assume you’re metting in oen of the back meeting rooms at the Toress Barracks as oppsoed to asking her in open court.
    Alyssa Toress:“well i need a favor”
    DM:Or do you want to do this out in the open?
    Alyssa Toress:“and the favor isnt for me per se”
    nah we can meet in private
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’d rather it be private
    Alyssa Toress:“one of my classmates, a mokoro girl named suzu is interested in magitech but her parents frown upon it”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Ah yes. I know Suzu.”
    Alyssa Toress:“we were hoping she could move to the court of daiymo yoshinari, and we thought if you granted them a favor they could persuaded to allow it”
    “the daiymo is more progressive and would allow her to continue her studies with it”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“I would like to help little Suzu, though a favor is a steep price, especally to promise to a lesser Gozoku like the Ueno.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well i also know how you want to get stronger ties with the gorn”
    “and i was thinking about marrying calim”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Also it may not be met with the reaction one may expect…. the people of Makoro do not like foreigners intervening in their affa-” (suddenyl pauses as you mention marrying Calim)
    “Really? I did not know the two of you were together. I had heard you and Sythe…”
    Alyssa Toress:“me and sythe broke up”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress seems to be visibly surprised by the request.
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“And you and Calim wish to marry?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i think so, do you calim?”
    Calim Gorn:(Trying to think of a good way to answer this, lol)
    DM:(She’s cool with me boning my sister is probably not a good response) :P
    Calim Gorn:(lol yeah)
    “Her beauty and intelligence are beyond compare. Any man who passed up such an opportunity would be a fool.”
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    DM:(lol okay give me a deception check from both of you)
    Alyssa Toress:what i didnt lie
    i was being honest
    Calim Gorn:I’m not lying either =P
    DM:(Well it’s mostly to notice the two of you aren’t that in love or anytihing heh)
    Alyssa Toress:its not about love
    its about politics
    no one marries for love lol
    what a dumb idea
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah, it ain’t like we’re completely oblivious to what’s going on
    Alyssa Toress:its a political marriage :P
    Calim Gorn:lol 1
    I’m gonna Hero Point that
    DM:(Oh okay, so you don’t want to pretend you’re in love and just saying it’s political from the start?)
    (I was assuming you were pretending on being together or something)
    Alyssa Toress:sure
    no its like
    its politics
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah I mean we both know what’s going on between our families
    So yeah actually I ain’t gonna Hero Point that, lol
    She can see through it if she wants
    DM:(Plus I mean… I figure a deception is kinda warranted with Calim at least, since it’s like she may tell he’s not attracted to Alyssa at all, which is kinda strange cause she’s super hot.)
    Alyssa Toress:“you wanted to bind our houses anyway”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Alyssa Toress:i mean joffrey was gonna marry ned starks daughter
    Calim Gorn:Heh so is that a separate deception check to show that I’m not interested in her at all?
    Alyssa Toress:even though they had nothing in common
    Calim Gorn:If not then I’ll Hero Point the one I rolled =P
    DM:Yeah its just the one check.
    And yes you’re free to hero point it heh.
    Alyssa Toress:wow calim doesnt even want to bone alyssa huh
    Calim Gorn:I mean it ain’t like he doesn’t find her hot or anything
    Alyssa Toress:only his sister
    Calim Gorn:But he ain’t in love with her
    Alyssa Toress:i still say you didnt lie
    DM:I mean even if it’s not a political marraige… you’d expect some degree of excitement from most people from marrying someone that’s super hot. heh.
    Alyssa Toress:hes super excited
    DM:She could very well be the hottest chick on the planet or close to it heh.
    Alyssa Toress:to bone his sister
    DM:with all the points Alyssa has in presence and 2 in attractive.
    Calim Gorn:Heh well like I said, it’s not that I’m not attracted to her
    I’d totally bone her if I wasn’t in love with my sister
    DM:(So it’s mostly her spotting the lack of the “I’m totally gonna bang the shit out of that” motivation) :P
    Alyssa Toress:i dont want to get murdered
    by his crazy sister
    although i could probably take her
  • Queen Chiesa Toress smiles.
    Alyssa Toress:just tell your sister its a sham marriage okay
    so she doesnt try to kill me
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah I will
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well this is a pleasant surprise indeed… We can plan the ceremony as soon as Grand Duke Tharian officially agrees to it.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and the matter with suzu?”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Calim you understand the marraige will be matrilineal of course.”
    Calim Gorn:“Of course. I likely wouldn’t have inherited much from my Father at any rate. I’m the youngest child and fourth in the line of succession.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Excellent.”
    Alyssa Toress:does your father have gavelkind
    or premigenitor
    Calim Gorn:Don’t know what those are
    Queen Chiesa Toress:"As for Suzu… "
    Alyssa Toress:its just a little crusader kings 2 joke
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gavelkind
    DM:heh, yeah gavelkind is when you split up the territory evenly, or at least somewhat evenly.
    As opposed to one person inheriting it all.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I figured Tharian kept it all except for whatever he doles out to other people
    And the different provinces of Gorn are still under his authority and whatnot
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“I’m not sure if my own interjection in the matter would produce a positive result overall. It would be seen extremeyl poorly by the people of Makoro for me to get involved in thier internal poltiics in that way.”
    DM:Well gavelkind is what happens when he dies. Like instead of just oldest inheriting , everyone gets a peice.
    Obviously it doesn’t really promote a lot of stabiliy in the long term
    Alyssa Toress:“do you have any advice how we could resolve the situation then?”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Hmm…”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress ponders for a moment.
    Calim Gorn:“Call it a wedding present perhaps, to her two classmates who want to see her happy. That way we are to blame instead of you.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well I can think of a few possibilities…”
    Alyssa Toress:(does calim have to pay me a dowry?)
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“One of the cheiftains of the clans of Yt could provide a suitable favor… while it’s less than a favor from me, it wouldn’t be seen as an intrusion of magitech culture on thier lands, so long as there was ample reason for such. Perhaps one of your bandmates from Yt could say they owe Suzu something.”
    Calim Gorn:(Heh not sure, I figure Tharian would contribute to the ceremonies and shit at least)
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah that might work”
    “we could ask geralt or viriia”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps…”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Another option lies with the Oshiro… their infleunce of course could be used to ensure such a thing happened. Though I cannot see Takashi Oshiro supporting her on her study of magitech.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I don’t think that would be a viable option…”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes i dont think he would do that”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Also… the Ueno have ancestral lands which are currently in the possession of another Gozoku.. the Kuno Gozoku I believe…”
    “They’re both vassals of the Yoshinori…. though the two have exceedingly bad blood.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, Daimyo Yoshinari mentioned there being some sort of conflict between his vassals.”
    Alyssa Toress:“the yt chieften might be the most viable option”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“both are tradition warrior societies”
    traditional
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“that seems the most viable to me. As the last option I mentioned would inovle bloodshed.”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“well guess we need to go see geralt”
    Calim Gorn:“Geralt’s Hydra Clan has embraced Magitech much like Daimyo Yoshinari. Hopefully he can see the merit of our request.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“WHile the people of Makoro do see the clans as more primitive, they don’t fear their culture taking over theirs.. so the influence of a chieftain wouldn’t be seen as weak to the other Daimyos.”
    “Well you will likely have to give him something in return… Of course, I am sure given the current state of things after the Awakening of Tinigath, some magitech armor from House Gorn could certainnly go a long way to earning a favor.”
    “He needs more than anything to protect his people.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Hachikomaru:brb, bathroom
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“And of course, get Geralt on board with it. As a rule, the clans of Yt do not tend to trust offers brought in by foreigners.”
    “Always try to get one of their respected members on board when proposing something to the cheiftain.”
    Alyssa Toress:“of course”
    Young Geralt:damn sneaky thieves.. they conspiring to steal my precious
    Queen Chiesa Toress:(Just be glad Herlock dropped his plan to slaughter a bunch of Yt tribes and steal their mines) :P
    DM:Alright so any furtehr questions or you gonna go visit Geralt?
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:visit geralt
    Calim Gorn:Guess we’ll go see Geralt
    DM:heh okay, you head over to Aontas to dock your airship and go over to visit Geralt…
    You have to wait a bit to find him before he returns back from his training
    You catch up to him as he’s coming back to town at night after a day full of hard training. For Geralt, there isn’t much ofa vacation… given that the clan has more need of his talents than ever.
    And thus his training has intensified given the earth demon threat.
  • Young Geralt comes dragging in to his lodging.
    Calim Gorn:“Greetings Geralt. I hope you’re doing well.”
    Alyssa Toress:“hey geralt!”
    Young Geralt:“Just tired, that is all. What brings the two of you here, together none-the-less? Surprised to see you away from the palace Alyssa.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well we are trying to help suzu”
    “which brings us here "
    Young Geralt:“What kind of help does she need. I thought her issues with Masaru were over?”
    Alyssa Toress:“no not that”
    “we are trying to get her transferred to the court of the daiymo yoshinori(is that the spelling?)”
    Laventa Gorn:Yeah.
    Calim Gorn:“We want to make sure that she is able to continue her pursuit of Magitech after she graduates.”
    DM:Yeah that’s correct.
    Alyssa Toress:“so she can pursue her magitech career”
    “but her parents arent real big on magitech”
    “so we thought maybe you could help us get a favor from your chieften to transfer to her parents so t hey will agree”
    Calim Gorn:“Daimyo Yoshinori is one of the more progressive of the Daimyos of Makoro. He has embraced Magitech and even has his own complement of Shiadars on hand. We believe she will do well in his court. But her parents must agree to such an arrangement.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and in return calim can get some magitech armor for your clan to help protect them from the earth demons”
    Young Geralt:“What do she and Hachi say about that?”
    Calim Gorn:“Hachikomaru and I spoke to Daimyo Yoshinori personally. He is open to the idea but he cannot simply command her parents to surrender their daughter to him.”
    DM:Well what Hachi says doens’t really matter in this case. heh. Since he’s a vassal of another daimyo. So he’s not really too involved in any of this, beyond liking Suzu.
    Alyssa Toress:(RETRACT THEIR VASSALAGE)
    Calim Gorn:“He suggested that we obtain a favor for her parents from someone of high station, such as a council member.”
    Young Geralt:((well that is my point, i don;t know the power system other than what hachi has told me, but i know he watches out for her with genuin care
    Alyssa Toress:“hachi really has no say, her parents serve another lord”
    DM:ah okay
    Alyssa Toress:“but he would approve of it”
    Young Geralt:“So what does my clan have to do with this?”
    Alyssa Toress:“your chieftens favor would be valuable, and not seen as encroaching on their rights”
    Calim Gorn:“Your chieftain is the current representative of Yt on the council.”
    Alyssa Toress:“like say my mothers favor would”
    “precisely”
    “and it would mean more defenses for the clan”
    Calim Gorn:“And the clans are not seen with the same disdain as Rahseld by Makoro. So a favor from Hydra Clan would be looked upon with less disdain or suspicion.”
    Alyssa Toress:“right”
    Calim Gorn:“In return for this favor, I can ask House Gorn to send more resources to the defense of House Gorn. Shiadars and other Magitech devices.”
    Alyssa Toress:“if we tried to get a favor from the queen it would be like rahseld sticking their nose in their affairs”
    Calim Gorn:To the defense of Clan Hydra I mean
    Young Geralt:“Ok, so we would get magitech, Suzu would go live with the Yoshinori, and we would owe a favor to Suzu’s family?”
    Alyssa Toress:“right”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Young Geralt:“I can’t really say. I don;t know her family or the sorts of favors they would expect, but this should be brought up to the cheiftain.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, we would like you to present it to him on our behalf.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes of course but we wanted to talk to you aobut it first”
    “yes that”
    DM:The most common favor would be avote to imbue one of thier children. Basically the chieftains of Yt rotate as to who has a seat on the Grand Council the one that determines who gets imbued.
    So esentially they can get a vote to help get an imbued child when one of the chieftain’s holds the council seat for Yt.
    Granted it’s not as good as having a favor fromt he Queen or the Oshrio who don’t rotate their seats with anyone.
    But it’s still a sueful favor to have potentially.
    Young Geralt:“Hmm, well if it helps Suzu, I can mention it to him, but not sure what he will think about owing some Makoro lord.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well all we can do is try i guess”
    Young Geralt:((it’s pretty late right))
    if i just now draggin home
    DM:Yeah.
    It’s about like 9 at night or so.
    So prob best to ask him int he morning since it’s not urgent.
    Young Geralt:“I can ask him tomorrow. It is late and I’m tired now. Best to do it when I’m fresh.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, that’s fine.”
    Young Geralt:“You staying?”
    Calim Gorn:“We have an airship at the docks. We can stay there and come see you in the morning.”
    DM:WEll the clan would give you lodgings if you eneded it
    Young Geralt:“See you at about 6, not too early, right?”
    DM:they’re accepting of important guests. heh.
    Calim Gorn:“Fine with me. Not like I need sleep anyway.”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles as he glances at Alyssa
    DM:They got some places for imbued to stay, granted they’re not the best accomodations by Rahseldian standards.
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah, Calim ain’t picky, but Alyssa stayed on the airship last time we were in Yt
    Alyssa Toress:thats because i was with sythe
    i can stay in the clan housing
    DM:hehe
    Alright your stay there is pretty uneventful (or is it?… )
    Alyssa Toress:i think so?
    Calim Gorn:Completely uneventful
    Alyssa Toress:calim better not try anything
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:heh..okay. You are getting married…. I mean… who knows what you may try.. :P
    Young Geralt:“So you never said why BOTH of you are here. You could have just sent a message or asked when we resumed classes.”
    Alyssa Toress:“were getting married”
    Young Geralt:“WHAT?!?!”
    Calim Gorn:“Is it that surprising?”
    Alyssa Toress:“its a political thing you know how that is”
    “our families wanted to have closer ties”
    DM:Have a tic tac and grab her by the pussy. That’s Donald Trump’s advice. :P
    Young Geralt:((I thought you had higher standards that that… open ended as to guess who that directed at))
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    DM:During the night, Calim does have some time to do an inspection of the magitech facility since Darien Gorn was replaced, and finds the palce a lot more normal, and otherwise a pretty uneventful inspection
    Alyssa Toress:“are you going to marry viniira?”
    DM:B7ut since you ain’t got much else to do while awake, you kinda end up doing that inspection heh.
    Young Geralt:“Your political stuff. What your man say about this?”
    Alyssa Toress:“what man”
  • Calim Gorn notes the improved state of the facility and will recommend the new supervisor for a commendation
    Calim Gorn:“I think he means Sythe.”
    Alyssa Toress:“oh i dumped him”
    “old news”
    Young Geralt:“Well I never kept up with who you were bedding anyway. Well I hope you bothare happy.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah i sure it will be great”
    i’m
    Young Geralt:“Well I’m off to bed. Don;t make too much noise tonight.”
    DM:Random side note: If Geralt was listening to you have sex, his accurate hearing could use your moaning and other noises to give him an accurate idea of exactly what position you were in.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:lol
    yeah
    Alyssa Toress:please i wouldnt do that before marriage
    thats obscene
    Young Geralt:that why i said not to make too much noise
    DM:lol.
    Anyway… we can skip ahead to next morning and the meeting with Meerin of the Hydra.
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    DM:Any particular way you want to lay out the plan to him?
    Young Geralt:no, pretty much as they proposed it
    DM:okay going to have Geralt explain it? Or is one of the others doing it?
    Hachikomaru:just hand him the press release
    Calim Gorn:We’ll let Geralt do the initial pitch
    Since that way it’s coming from another clan person instead of us
    Young Geralt:it is their plan, i’ll let them explain so i don;t get it messed up
    i’ll just introduce them
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:and tell him that they come with an offer for the clan
    and that Suzu is a band mate and friend
    DM:heh.. okay you go in there, expecting Geralt to explain it… and he’s like “Hey Alyssa and Calim are here to see you” :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:not quite like that
    here i’ll RP it
    DM:hehe…
    Young Geralt:modrin right?
    Calim Gorn:Meerin is the chieftain I think
    DM:Nah Meerin is the CHeiftain. Mordin is the druid who taught you
    Young Geralt:oh right
    DM:Yeah you can RP it out if you’d like heh.
  • Young Geralt enters with the customaty greeting…..
    DM:Yeah by and large I assume that people do greetings btw. I just kinda skip em for the most part. If someone shows you some disrespect though, I’ll mention it.
    I kinda figure that from PCs as well, so if you want to be particularly disrspectful, make sure to mention it as well
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:well sometimes you may not feel someone is worthy of your respect.
    Except for Sef’s characters, I usualyl assume they’re disrespectful fuckers :P
    Young Geralt:“Meerin, Princess Alyssa has come to me seeking help with one of our bandmates. This other is Calim Gorn, her newly betrothed. They came to me seeking our clan’s assistance in the matter of Suzu’s continued training. She has shown an aptitude for magitech and they wish to present an offer to you that would allow her to further those studies.”
  • Young Geralt steps aside so that Alyssa may step forward
    DM:You can also mix in if you want to be slightly more dominant/submissive in your etiquette as well. I mean a lot of the subtleties aren’t necessariyl insulting but like you may onyl slightly bow or something to show a position of strength or something.
    Alyssa Toress:“i am honored cheif meerin”
    DM:Or make an extra gesture to try to earn favor, etc.
    Alyssa Toress:“we come before you humble to ask for your assistance”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“The two fo you are betrothed, congratulations. That comes as qutie a surprise.”
    Calim Gorn:“Thank you for your kind words, Chieftain.”
    Alyssa Toress:“thank you”
    Young Geralt:“For me as well.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“May your union produce many strong sons and daughters.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:“the assistance we seek is this, suzu ueno is our bandmate and has proved quite adapt at magitech but her parents do not approve, we wish her to move to the court of daiymo yoshinori where she can pursue her passion freely, in order to do this daiymo yoshinori suggest we procure a favor from someone from the council, the chieften from yt seemed a natural fit since the people of mokoro won’t see this as interfering, in return house gorn can give to you magitech armor to help defend you from the earth demons”
  • Meerin of the Hydra nods.
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I am prepared to request an increase in resources assigned to the clan. And I can also request newer and more advanced technology from the Artificer’s Guild through my mother.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Well taht seems liek a reasonable offer of course details of how much armor woyuld have to be worked out. But I don’t see any reason why such an agreement couldn’t work. I will have to speak with our warmaster on the matter, but I don’t see any reason he would disagree assuming it’s a fair deal.”
    (now you just need to convince Tharian to do it… )
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    you also have to convince him to let you get married
    DM:If you want I’ll give you guys a politics roll (assuming youg ot the skll) on how you migth be able to convince him.
    Calim knows that Tharian has wanted an alliance with the Toress for a while.. so he’ll certainly be overjoyed with the wedding, since that’s a big deal. It mgith be possible to convince him to go along with giving the Hydra clan more if you said it’s a stipulation from Alyssa to get married.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah that should be easy enough
    DM:Yweah you’re pretty sure hel’l go for it.
    Alright… so we can fast forward a bit if there’s no other questions.
    actually…
    one other thing…
    Meerin does want to speak with Geralt privately.
    Assuming you guys don’t have anything else to mention to him.
    Calim Gorn:“Thank you for your generosity, Chieftain Meerin.”
  • Calim Gorn bows and excuses himself once the conversation is finished
    DM:Alright after Aylssa dn Calim leave the Chieftain talks to Geralt alone….
  • Young Geralt stays behind
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Geralt… you know Alyssa and Calim better than I. WHile this deal seems to be good for us, I have heard many such deals between Rahseldians and the Clans that have not gone well.”
    Young Geralt:“Yes? Did you wish more of me?”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Are these two trustworthy?”
    Alyssa Toress:geralt gonna shit talk me
    Young Geralt:“I honestly can’t say. Calim has always seemed like a respectful and kind person, helping those in need. I can’t say much for Alyssa. She is the queen’s daughter and you know the Torreses… Things are said, rumors abound, but I try to just focus on my work and not get embroiled in the politics.”
    “She has never been unkind, but yet, she has not been one of my close companions either.”
    “I would trust Calim, Hachi, and of course you know Vinira at my side any time. They have been there in the past.”
    “I can’t help but feel that they came to us for a reason, and I doubt it was friendship. However, Suzu is one that I have helped to look after in school and I would do what I could to help her myself. I just can not ask the clan to sacrifice for me.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Well we do need the magitech armor… who knows if the Earth Demons will attack again.”
    Young Geralt:“The offer of the resources does sound promising though, and it could benefit us if the Earth Demons come.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“If Calim and his house keep up their end of the bargain and give us the magitech we need, it could save many lives of our kin.”
    Young Geralt:“I agree. Has it ever been tested against them?”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“Not extensively, but they do possess weapons capable of blasting through stone, so it will be more useful than spears and axes.”
    Young Geralt:a little history, did the earth demons ever attack before the magitech came to Yt?
    DM:Nope they’ve never attacked on this level before.
    At least not in recorded history.
    Alyssa Toress:artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulger brawl
    Young Geralt:i’m going to try something here
    DM:In fact, the earth demons (at least the emissaries that have come) pretty mcuh seem to be angry you’ve joined with the empire.
    Young Geralt:what would i think is the likelihood of a connection between magitech and earth demon agression?
    DM:Pretty much the ancient druidic religion worshipped the earth demons as gods. It was just when the empire came that they were basically enemies.
    Young Geralt:ok, so Modrin would have taught this?
    DM:I mean you’re not certain if it’s magitech itself… but you know they basically hate the empire.
    Yeah.
    There are various theories on why they’er angry… some believe digging in the earth with the mining machines pisses em off.
    Young Geralt:“Modrin has taught me the ways of the monsters and our history with them.”
    DM:Others simply say it’s a long term fued between earth and air.
    There’s even talk among some of the clans of turning on tthe empire to save thesmelves as well, of course such talk is treasonous….
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, that sort of talk is what gets a clan wiped out and their mines taken
    DM:The people of Tinigath have no trouble with the Earth demons at all really, but they still follow the old ways and worship them.
    Young Geralt:“As I’m sure he has councelled you, there may be a connection between the agression and the magitech.”
  • Meerin of the Hydra nods.
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I know we may be more of a target than the toher clans, but honestly as long as we’re in the empire, we’re a target, magitech or not.”
    Young Geralt:“So the question remains to you as our eldest and wisest. Will the magitech protect us or provoke the earth demons?”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“The least we can do as I see it is take some of those wrteched things down with us if they come.”
    “They attacked plenty of settlements without magitech, their emissaries have made it clear the only way we can be safe is to surrender to them and break from the empire.”
    “And I’m not about to do that.”
    Young Geralt:“You know what is best for the clan. I am but a lowly apprentice Witcher. I just protect my people when called upon.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“And don’t think I don’t have faith in your skills, but we’re going to need numbers as well as power.”
    “The Earth Demons have an army, and we need one too.”
    Young Geralt:“I agree with you. The empire is why I am even here in the first place. We also must not abandone our heritage either. There is a happy middle ground I’m sure.”
  • Meerin of the Hydra nods.
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I’m not going to forsake the druidic ways either. But as I see it, there’s a lot of druidic spirits out there. and not all of them are our friends.”
    “maybe the Sun Clan is rigth about this one and the Earth Demons are bad.”
    Young Geralt:“Very true. That is why you have us.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“We have seen many animals become savage.. whether by disease or just internal bloodlust… perhaps the Earth demonsa re simply that… spirits of the earth that are afflicted with a madness… like rabid wolves. ANd they need to be put down”
    DM:Meerin btw you know has quite a hatred of the Earth Demons since they slaughtered a lot of his people from the Shadow Clan (one of the component clans of the Hydra Clan)
    Young Geralt:“YEs, disease and madness can affect anything.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“If you think we can trust Calim, then we shall go wtih this deal. We’re going to need their weapons if we’re going to win the war that is to come.”
    DM:Alright we can fast forward a bit unless youv’e gto more to say.
    Alyssa Toress:i assume calims dad says yes
    DM:Assuming you’re gonna stick by your recommendation of Calim.. heh.
    Who knows he might backstab ya… original Calim from the first campaign ceratinly would… :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    That was old Calim
    This is new Calim
    Young Geralt:“Calim has been trustworthy in the past. He is not the only one pulling the strings now though. We men do crazy things for women.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I just hope his new wife is okay with his interest in Suzu.”
    Alyssa Toress:(it wasnt even my idea!)
    (this is calims idead)
    Meerin of the Hydra:“If there is one lesson to be learned, it is not to cross the Toress women..”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:((lol, well Geralt doesn’t know the betrothal details))
    DM:yeah heh. lol.
    Geralt doesn’t really know what to make of that probably.
    Young Geralt:for sure
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh, like we never really showed much interest in each other
    And then sudden we’re engaged
    suddenly*
    DM:lol.
    Yeah he’d probably actually think it was your parents getting invovled most likely.
    Sinc ethat’s usually the case with a sudden marraige like that.
    Young Geralt:“Only you can make the final judgement with your wisdom. If it were soley up to me, I would help my companions.”
    Meerin of the Hydra:“I just need to know you’ll vouch for Calim’s honor. He is your bandmate and you’ve spent much time with him.. youv’e seen into his character.”
    Young Geralt:“He is honorable from what I have witnessed so far.”
    ((You better not betray my vouching for you dude….)
    ;)
    Calim Gorn:(Hey man, you know me)
    DM:Alright.. so fast forwarding a bit…
    With Meerin’s agreement and Calim and Alyssa worknig the political angles with Tharian you’re able to work out the deal over the next couple weeks into something that will hopefully be benefiticla for both Suzu, the Ueno and the Hydra Clan.
    And also aiding the Yoshinori’s feminist policies in Makoro.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I figured the queen would be happy about that
    DM:yeah heh.
    Hachikomaru:meanwhile Suzu is “Notice Me Senpai…..” in her Calim shrine
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Mostly the Queen doesn’t want to risk a backfire if she helps directly, cause the last thing the Daimyos want to hear is that the queen is sticking her hands into Makoro’s poltiical situation trying to promote her feministic ideals.
    Calim Gorn:I already warned her that I’d probably end up married to either Arielle or Alyssa
    DM:hehe… yeah Suzu has a total crush on Calim. :)
    The wedding plans also spread like wildfire as well, spreading throughout the empire much to the surprise of everyone (Sythe most of all….)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    The great strategist taken by surprise
    DM:Yeah lol. well even he couldn’t have predicted that…
    Young Geralt:((he never suspected a sneak attack through the rear door.. .back entry, uh, yeah whatever))
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    DM:Also I assume Alyssa still wants to spend some time with Gregorio’s family and trying to get some connections with the Farmer’s guild and such?
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    i want to make some connections
    and maybe i will take gregorio to bed to make him happy
    DM:hehe… yeah you can do that too.
    If you want to get him to be more enthusiastic with helping you :P
    Alyssa Toress:sure
    Hachikomaru:he’s prolly depressed
    Young Geralt:jeesh, nice happy open relationship….
    Hachikomaru:since shes getting married
    Calim Gorn:Yeah and I’ll try to visit with Laventa at some point to make sure she isn’t about to go insane, lol
    DM:lol okay, since you’re just making basic connections, I’m just gonna give you a basic persuade check and a politics check. I’m gonna give you an extra +5 bonus since you decided to sleep with him. So he’sgonna be assisting you.
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    do i get +5 again for attractive 2
    so +10
    DM:Well not for this bit necesssarily since this is mostly business, unless you’re trying to sleep with a bunch of mob bosses lol.
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    okay
    Young Geralt:she just may
    DM:You don’t have to make a orll to sleep with Gregorio, he’s totally down for it :P
    Young Geralt:what are 5 more after 15?
    lol, i like harrassing you
    DM:Alyssa starts to lay some foundation for her association witht he Farmer’s guild… At this time I assume you’re just trying to make favorable impressions and not really starting with any offers yet.
    Just lmeeting people and finding contacts and such
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    just meeting people
    getting contacts
    etc..
    DM:Okay, yeah I eman you won’t really get any tangible benefit yet, but iut’ll be good for later background later on… since you’re workingon building yourself up for when you graduate.
    Alyssa Toress:right
    Young Geralt:((maybe Geralt gets seduced by Alyssa in the future and that turns him to the way of bedding as many women as possible))
    DM:So you meet a bunch of the “legitimate” heads of the Farmer’s guild and some of thier operations, which are really just mob bossess in the disguise of being a guild, using various fronts to cover up their criminal behavior.
    Alyssa Toress:right
    DM:You also make a few contacts in the People’s Bank, one of the partner companies of the Farmer’s guild, basically a legitimate loan-sharking operation.
    Alyssa Toress:great
    DM:Also back at Gorinheim… Calim does get a visit from his brother Falsion….
    Calim Gorn:Oh goody
    Falsion Gorn:“Calim, can I speak to you a moment privately?”
    Hachikomaru:he takes a ready action to shove calims new wife off the balcony
    Calim Gorn:“Very well… What is it, brother?”
    lol nah that was Jaxim
    DM:He leads you off into a side room to talk.
    Falsion Gorn:“I have some rather… disturbing news that I think you shouldknow about.”
    Alyssa Toress:oh no
    Calim Gorn:“Oh?”
    Falsion Gorn:“I’ve recieved word that your wife to be might be having an affair with another one of your bandmates…”
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    come on
    Calim Gorn:“Is that so?”
    Alyssa Toress:we also arent married yet are we
    Falsion Gorn:“I recieved word she spent most of the summer wtih him in0 Ronen.”
  • Calim Gorn doesn’t really seem too surprised
    Falsion Gorn:“Gregorio Prodynorties. I believe you’re familiar.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Hachikomaru:lol
    Calim Gorn:“This concerns you, brother?”
    Falsion Gorn:“She is a Toress so indiscretions like this are expected I suppose, however for the family’s honor you should try to keep what she does behind closed doors. The last thing House Gorn needs is a scandal with every bard in Ronen spreading word that your wife is cheating on you.”
  • Calim Gorn smirks…
    Calim Gorn:“You forget one thing, brother.”
    DM:FYI for those not familair a “bard” in Ronen is more equivalent to an investigative journalist than a singer.
    Calim Gorn:“Our marriage is to be matrilineal. That means we will both be Toress.”
    DM:Though they do retain the flashy way of dressing most often, so they’ve got the bards hats and such usually, making them a bit more celebrity like.
    Calim Gorn:“Besides, it isn’t like our house has had any real honor since the advent of Straim.”
    Falsion Gorn:“Straim was a long time ago… this is a new era for our House. And we’ll look weak if the princess continually flaunts her affairs in our face.”
    Calim Gorn:“I’ll advise her to be a little more discrete with her affairs.”
    Falsion Gorn:“You need to make it clear she needs to respect you. You’re to be her husband, not her concubine.”
    Calim Gorn:“Since when has a Toress respected any man?”
    Falsion Gorn:“I don’t her to actually respect you… But I don’t want to let her do the equivalent of strip you naked and whip you in the town square.”
    Calim Gorn:“This marriage is all about satisfying Father’s wishes for our houses to be tied closer together. My welfare is secondary.”
    Falsion Gorn:“I agree wtih him that an alliance would be a good thing, but ifthey will not respect us, then the alliance is worthless.”
    Calim Gorn:“I’ll let my future bride know of your concerns, brother.”
    Falsion Gorn:“I just want you to take a look at some of these stories the bards are putting out.”
  • Falsion Gorn hands you a small pamphlet with a few pages to it that he’s apparently gathered.
  • Calim Gorn looks it over
    DM:The top one apparently contains a story about the prnicess entitled “Princess Alyssa: relations with the farmer’s guild. Quite good with the hoe”
    The story goes on about how she’s been fraternizing with Gregorios family and his associates…
    And how they’ve seen her and Gregorio to be acting rather close…
    Calim Gorn:“I don’t see anything in here about sex. How do you know she isn’t simply gathering contacts and connections for later use?”
    “The Farmer’s Guild is rather influential in Ronen after all.”
    DM:There’s no definitive proof it seems…. though one story does cite a variety of anonymous sources that have said things like “They were fucking like rabbits” and a lot of other colorful descriptions.
    Calim Gorn:“The Bards will always make up a story where there is none.”
    Young Geralt:lover’s denial
    Falsion Gorn:“It doesn’t matter if it’s real or not.. all that’s important is people might think it’s real.”
    “The empire cares little for truth… apperance is what matters.”
    “And if seems she’s staining our honor, then our honor is stained.”
    DM:With that Falsion heads off, leaving you to deal with the problem as you best see fit…
    Alright… gonna skip to next year of training unless anyone else had anything they wanted to do (you can confront Alyssa back on Aylanae)
    The wedding is scheduled to happen at the end of the year…. after classes end for the summer.
    Hachikomaru:got nothing particularly interesting that needs to be done or requires spending time on, so proceed
    Calim Gorn:Only thing I’d really have would be to catch Laventa alone and make sure she isn’t about to go all yandere =P
    DM:well Laventa doesn’t really care if Alyssa is sleeping around
    SHe’scool with that :P
    So long as Alyssa isn’t sleeping with you
    She doesn’t really care that much about the Gorn family honor.
    If anything the stories about Alyssa sleepign around are reassuring for her, and reduce the Yandere meter…
    Calim Gorn:lol okay
    Alyssa Toress:great
    man everyone slanders me for no reason
    i am just making contacts
    its pure business
    DM:Well they do agree you were making a lot of contact…
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Alright so year 5 begins and with it the arrival of Vengeance Band (and dragon band is no graduated so you’ll be the sempai)
    Calim Gorn:Yay
    Hachikomaru:notice me….
    DM:Not to say Dragon band can’t ever come back to visit, they’ve got free acess to Aylanae since they’re all imbued.
    So you may see them from time to time….
    Hachikomaru:theyre too busy chasing taesian around
    Calim Gorn:I’m certainly hoping so
    Do we get to meet Vengeance Band? Heh
    DM:Yeah heh… first they have to undergo their initiation of course, so you don’t see them much in the first couple days.. unless you want to go inquiring bout them.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, not really, Calim would just be idly curious about who’s in the new band
    DM:He’s heard a few names…though I don’t want to get too indepth with Vengeance band (though a few members may apepar from time to time..) mainly cause I’m leaving their members vague in case we need replacement PCs..
    In case of horible horrible death.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Yeah I got my backup ready
    Hachikomaru:theres a mina and feyanna clone in vengeance band, thats about all i know
    yeah i messed with my backup a little, but not much, i did finally find pathfinder/D&D vampire writeups on atomicthinktank M&M forums, but i havent really statted her out
    anyways
    DM:The training for you guys isn’t so intense early on as they’re focused mostly on breakin in the new recruits… It starts out with mostly book studying, on imperial history, ethical philosophy and even some readings of the book of Blessed Stars.
    Hachikomaru:zzzz.zzz…z..z………zzz……zzz
    the last bit that is
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah, Calim is bored as hell with the religious shit
    DM:But for the most part you’re granted more or less free reign of the city inbetween your studying, your schedules must less strict as they were before.
    Calim Gorn:I guess Calim will go have a quick private conversation with Alyssa to let her know about Falsion being a whiny bitch
    And ask her to be more discreet or whatever
    Though he doesn’t really care himself
    DM:heh okay if you want you can RP that bit out… or if ou don’t have much conflict you don’t have to heh.
    Assuming Calim doesn’t really want to make the matter too pressing :P
    Calim Gorn:Yeah not really, lol
    Hachikomaru:Hachi gets repremanded for leaving dog slobber in the healing fountain water
    Calim Gorn:I might have fun with Gregorio though, pretend to be all pissed off at him and see if he shits himself or not
    DM:On day 3 as well.. there’s an encounter of sorts…
    Alyssa Toress:“okay i will try to not have sex with other men in public okay calim”
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Calim Gorn chuckles
    DM:love how she phrased that :P
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    “Just giving you a heads up… Maybe you should practice your disguise magic a little more.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i’ll buy a cottage out in the country next time”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs “As you wish.”
    Alyssa Toress:"i’ll be more careful in the future "
    DM:The thing to remember about Alyssa is she’s super hot, so she attracts ALOT of attention whereever she goes.
    Alyssa Toress:i also took a complication that my life is a tabloid
    DM:lol.
    Alyssa Toress:its on my sheet
    lol
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Hachikomaru:you’d have it either way
    so might as well get a hero point for it
    DM:yeah heh I should prolly actually give you a hero point for your slutting around getting discovered. Since that’d be the complication coming into play
    Alyssa Toress gains a hero point.
    Alyssa Toress:yay
    wonder what happens on day 3
    DM:Anyway, on day 3. Alyssa is waling around with one of her books for studying and a glass of wine, calmly trying to walk back to her usual study location (whcih migth be somewhere outside)… when suddenly tehre’s a blur of speed…. and something runs into her taking her buy surprise and spilliong the wine all over her…
    Alyssa Toress:i dont ctake any damage do i
    DM:She notice she’s been hit by a small girl with dark hair and glasses.
    Alyssa Toress:“owww”
    “are you okay?”
    DM:Geralt sees this as well as he was passing nearby… though he’s not that close he could run over.
    Girl:“I’m so sorry!”
    Alyssa Toress:“are you in vengeance band?”
    DM:She starst to try to clean up the stain on your clothing… though she just ends up making it worse as she tries…
    Alyssa Toress:“its okay dont bother”
    “i can just change”
    “i’m alyssa from emerald band”
    “whats your name?”
    Girl:“I’m Juliana Osthemios… but you can call me Jewel.”
    Alyssa Toress:“hi jewel”
    “try to be careful running around so fast okay”
    Girl:“I’m glad you’re not mad.. I was thinking everyone was going to be angry… after that one guy seemed real-”
    Alyssa Toress:“Which guy?”
  • Girl seems to pause fo ra moment as something dawns on her.
    Girl:“Wait… Alyssa… as in princess Alyssa?”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes i am she”
  • Girl’s face gets all red and she looks around really worried.
    Jewel:“I’m so so sorry… I did’t mean to.. I mean don’t toss me off the city okay! I didn’t know you were the princess!”
  • Alyssa Toress laughs
    Alyssa Toress:“why would i do something like that”
    “its just some wine stain”
    “dont worry about it jewel”
    Jewel:“Well I just heard some stories from my bandmates.”
    Alyssa Toress:“just try to be careful i’m pretty tough but not everyone is someone could get hurt if you run into them”
    “i’m sure the stories arent true”
    Young Geralt:sorry putting kids to bed….
    reading about Alyssa getting the smack down
    Jewel:“Yeah I was just. really late and I can’t find my way around this place… it’s really confusing with all the buildings and…”
    Alyssa Toress:“where are you trying to get to?”
    “i’ll show you the way”
    Young Geralt:nah, won;t weorry abot it since no altercation
    Jewel:“It’s the training fields…” (btw she’s way off, she’s on the other side of the city)
    Alyssa Toress:“well you are just a bit far off”
    Jewel:“And I was suppsoed to be tehre… about 5 minutes ago… The imperion is going to be so mad.”
    Alyssa Toress:“so lets get going”
    Calim Gorn:(Fly her there lol)
    (Or teleport her)
    Alyssa Toress:i cant teleport
    Calim Gorn:(Show off for your kouhai)
    Alyssa Toress:so i show her the way?
    DM:Yeah heh.
    You show her the way to the training fields.
    Alyssa Toress:this is just a setup to make me meet the band
    T always picks on me :(
    DM:heh… well I just watned to introduce her heh, you don’t meet the entire band… I jsut wanted to do some intro of some of thier members.
    Jewel:“Thanks a lot Alyssa, You’re so nice!”
    Alyssa Toress:“no problem”
    Jewel:“I’m really sorry about the dress, I’ll make it up to you sometime… maybe we can… actually I don’t know how to make stuff up to a princess.”
    Alyssa Toress:“its okay i have other dresses its fine”
    DM:As you arrive to the training fields your conversation is cut short as Imperion terl yells at Jewel for gbeing so late.
    Alyssa Toress:“sorry imperion its my fault i tripped and fell on her and made her be late”
    DM:And her band kinda laughs at her at least some do.. probably that Feyana Zanyz… cause she’s a snooty rich chick.. probably :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Nah Feyana is pretty quiet
    She just observes mostly
    DM:ah okay.
    Alyssa Toress:deception
    DM:heh… the imperion does seem to back down a bit on yelling at her when you defend her, and you can see you’ve earned her admiration… and some of the rest of the band is looking at you, many have never seen a princess before.
    But it seems you’ve made a friend. heh.
    Calim Gorn:Yaaayy
    Alyssa Toress:now to corrupt her
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:Indeed
    DM:Are you gonna make an effort to corrupt her?
    Alyssa Toress:no
    DM::P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:On week 2 Sythe also pays a visit to Alyssa….
    Alyssa Toress:oh god
    my ex
    DM:Also is Alyssa gonna continue screwing Gregorio at training, or you gonna break up wtih him?
    Alyssa Toress:you make it sound so rude
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:i mean we arent gonna go steady or anything
    DM:So you’re gonna make him friends with benefits?
    Alyssa Toress:sure
    DM:lol okay. so I’ll assume you screw now and then :P
    Just wanted to get an idea of what you were doing
    Hachikomaru:yeah all your allies are gonna turn into enemies as scorned lovers
    Calim Gorn:Falsion is gonna be pissed
  • Sythe Zanyz IV nods to Alyssa.
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Congratulations on your engagement to Calim. Pressure from your mother I assume.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah you know how it is with family politics”
    “she wanted a tie to house gorn”
    “they are a military power”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“I can understand her logic… but it will be a rather boring life for you. Calim from what I hear is not all that interested in girls.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well i am not that interested in calim”
    Calim Gorn:Hey fuck you Sythe
    Alyssa Toress:“you are welcome to my side any time sythe”
  • Sythe Zanyz IV smirks.
    Alyssa Toress:“you still have the key to my room i take it?”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“I love it when you know what I’m thinking.”
    (heh technically there’s not really a eky, the heart of Aylanae just opens it)
    Alyssa Toress:well whatever
    Sythe Zanyz IV:(And you basically tell the Heart who is allowed in)
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“It’ll make it more exciting knowing Calim could be listening.”
  • Sythe Zanyz IV smiles.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:hehe.. okay so skipping ahead some more..with more ongoing incidents to stain House Gorn’s honor… though forutnately there’s not as many potetnial people that can see what’s going on.
    Suzu does continue to pursue Calim. And the year goes by mostly uneventfully beyond that…
    There is one day when Imperion terl is apparnetly very angry after recieving news about something inovlving Dragon Band and a botched mission down in Ronen that involved someone’s manor getting burned down.
    Calim Gorn:lol… So me being betrothed to Alyssa doesn’t dissuade her?
    DM:Apparently they were angry at Terl for not havng the band respect the local laws.
    Calim Gorn:lol, oh yeah that mission
    DM:Well Suzu can’t realyl help it.. I eman she doesn’t actively try much but you can tell she’s still in love with you.
    Hachikomaru:guess prince charming wasnt absent from this version of justy’s report
    was*
    DM:lol yeah.
    Alyssa Toress:is that something from the last game?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    Hachikomaru:sef blew up this guys mansion
    Calim Gorn:Calim, Sefiros, and Justinia were trying to bust this guy doing something illegal, I forget what exactly
    And yeah we ended up blowing up his whole mansion
    Hachikomaru:soul magic, golem experiments etc
    Calim Gorn:Oh yeah that’s right
    DM:Nori continues to train hard…though is apparently still outclassed by everyone and has become increasingly bittera nd angry.
    Also in Dragon Band news there was a brief bit about mercenaries from Ronen attacking Thunderheart in Yt, fortuantely the attack didn’t do mcuh damage as some dragon band members were there to thwart it.
    Hachikomaru:riker is never gonna get his own ship
    #2
    Alyssa Toress:he does though
    Hachikomaru:im only counting the series…
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    Hachikomaru:not the horrible movies
    DM:Suzu though seems to be improving quite a bit.. all the magitech influnce has got her to focus more on her training, as she’s starting to be quite a proficient magitech armor pilot.
    Calim Gorn:Excellent
    DM:What you’ve done for her is defintiely paying off. heh. And at the end of the year… the wedding happens… btw who ddi you want to invite?
    Alyssa Toress:everyone
    Calim Gorn:Yeah not gonna snub anybody
    DM:Alyssa and Calim can invite others if they’d like… basically the noble families are automatically invited, but those filthy barbarians from Yt and such aren’t necessarily invited unless you make it a point to do so :P
    Alyssa Toress:i am gonna invite all 3 bands
    DM:heh okay.
    Calim Gorn:I figure Meerin is automatically invited since he’s the current seat on the council
    Young Geralt:hey, who you calling filthy
    Calim Gorn:I’d want to invite Daimyo Yoshinori too
    DM:Actually lemme see who the current council seat is.
    It rotates each year.
    Yeah it would be hydra who has it now actually.
    Calim Gorn:Heh nice
    DM:heh okay so inviting dragon band, emerald band and vengeance band and Yoshinori.
    Calim Gorn:I’d want to make sure that Meerin and whomever Geralt wants to invite is invited too
    Not gonna leave my bandmate’s clan out
    Alyssa Toress:hachis sisters
    etc..
    DM:hehe..
    Calim Gorn:Yeah like let everybody have their +1 or +2 or however many, heh
    The Queen can afford it
    Alyssa Toress:man its very sexist making the bride pay for the wedding
    DM:Yeah heh, she’s not worried about money.
    Alyssa Toress:cant believe i am marrying such a poor family
    DM:Also Sef you should probably update your profiel on the site so it’s linked to your sister heh.
    It still hasd you listed as having no siblings.
    Hachikomaru:yeah I’ll try to fix it sometime
    sister(s)
    he has 2
    DM:heh, yeah if your not linked to your sisters it’s gonan be hard for me to find em :P
    Since they’er unattached pages and I don’t know their names lol
    Hachikomaru:i havent linked to em since i havent gotten around to filling out their shit much
    theyre just place holders mostly atm
    they aint imbued so
    Calim Gorn:lol well most of T’s character pages are just a name and not much else
    DM:heh.
    Hachikomaru:theyre Spring and Autumn, i forgot the japanese names
    DM:The weddign occurs a beautiful ceremony with most of the bands gathered…
    Hachikomaru:Haru and Aki i think
  • Young Geralt wil wear my best attire
    Hachikomaru:clean rags, instead of filthy rags?
    DM:All the band members show up, as it’d be rude not to show, and Daimyo Yoshinori shows up as well.
    Young Geralt:lol, hahaha
    DM:It’s held at Alara at the Queen’s castle there, amidst the beautiful gardens, though Tharian Gorn has also arranged for warriors in formal polished platemail to be part of the creermony.
    Alyssa Toress:is this gonna be a red wedding
    Calim Gorn:lol hopefully not
    DM:Mixing the beaty of the Toress with the Gorn military tradition.. along with enetertainment detailing the origins of House Gorn.
    Young Geralt:((i did find this pic for Vin though…. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404831453988775521/ )
    Hachikomaru:more like a purple wedding prolly
    Alyssa Toress:purple?
    Young Geralt:https://www.pinterest.com/pin/404831453988775521/
    Alyssa Toress:wowzors
    DM:hehe.
    yeah that’s some cool artwork.
    Hachikomaru:joffrey’s wedding
    aka poisoned, he turnt purple
    Alyssa Toress:i never saw that one
    DM:Well you can count on your good buddy Sef to spoil it :P
    Hachikomaru:which picture, its just a gallery
    Alyssa Toress:no its not
    its the one with the girl with the axe and the horn and the bbear
    Calim Gorn:Heh, yeah it just opened a gallery for me too
    Young Geralt:hmm, odd
    Hachikomaru:thats the first one in the gallery
    or i assume thats the one you mean
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/cb/78/92/cb7892785877f50742ce4ced8f04acf7.jpg
    this?
    Young Geralt:oh, did i post my whole gallery?
    DM:yeah heh
    it was a gallery.
    Alyssa Toress:no you didnt geralt
    Young Geralt:Med Fasnt Female?
    Alyssa Toress:it worked fine
    Hachikomaru:yeah i dont have a pinterest account
    i need to make one
    DM:Just gonna do a few random IC conversations with people you meet…
    yeah I don’t either heh.
    Hachikomaru:theres alot of art on there everytime i find something i wanna use, i cant view the shit
    DM:lol. yeah.
    I should get around tomaking one at some point
    Young Geralt:i collect all sorts of RP pics on there.. star wars, fantasy, etc
    Alyssa Toress:its good for finding rpg art
    DM:yeah.
    Hachikomaru:https://www.pinterest.com/garrion_sw/medieval-fantasy-characters-female/
    thats your gallery, the one you linked to wasnt tho
    Alyssa Toress:did we already have the ceremony
    Hachikomaru:but one of your pieces was 1st one in it
    Alyssa Toress:is this the reception now?
    DM:Are any of you hanging out together, or just mingingly in individaul conversations?
    Hachikomaru:i saw your name on the bottom so i clicked on that
    anyways
    Alyssa Toress:i am gonna hang out with everyone and be nice
    dance with my dad
    etc..
    dance with calim
    drink
    eat
    DM:It’ still preceremony… It’s a royal wedding so lots of entertainment pre-ceremony and such
    Feats and scuh.
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    i have to be in hiding!
    Calim Gorn:Are they following the tradition that I’m not supposed to see the bride in her dress / before the ceremony?
    Alyssa Toress:no one can see me first
    Young Geralt:this my Star Wars one… https://www.pinterest.com/garrion_sw/star-wars-art/
    DM:hehe…
    Yeah, she isn’t out there yet, well her family is allowed to see her and such.
    Just gonna put people on different groups on the map to reflect who you’re talking to…
    one sec…
    Hachikomaru:I’ll find Hana, i prolly dont see her much since she graduated
    Calim Gorn:Naturally I’ll be talking to Laventa at some point, lol
    Alyssa Toress:i’ll be talking with ariell of course
    DM:Hana is trying to get a peek atthe bride….
    Alyssa Toress:hana not today
    please
    Young Geralt:I’ll get to know some of the new band in genral, nothing specific
    DM:heh okay.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’d be interested in meeting them too
    DM:Geralt gets approached by Alyssa’s new friend Jewel.
    Calim Gorn:Want me to make a mini for Feyana? Heh
    Hachikomaru:yeah guess that aint a bad idea, meet the new recruits, I’ll just tag along with G
    Young Geralt:“Hello Jewel.”
    DM:one sec lemme just fishi setting up all the conversations heh.
    Young Geralt:np, take your time
    DM:Just like to set up tokens so you can visualize who is taliing to who (helps me too)
    You gonna stick with Geralt Sef?
    Hachikomaru:yeah i aint see G much lately, he’s been in Yt
    DM:heh okjay.. so you can move there.. .
    Hachikomaru:so i’ll hang out with him for a bit
    Calim Gorn:I can drop a mini for Feyana if you want it
    DM:heh okay.
    I mean I probably won’t have her do much yet since she’s not a played character yet
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
    DM:Alright.. so… Calim is approached by Daimyo Makenki… Alyssa is talking to Arielle and Jewel is currently talking to Geralt as Sef walks over…
    Jewel:“So you’re the guy that can turn into the big white bear right?”
    Alyssa Toress:“how did i end up married before you?”
    Jewel:(pretty mcuh says that before actually introducing herself)
  • Hachikomaru raises a skeptical brow.
    Jewel:(that was to Geralt heh)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Jewel:(Hachi is just within hearing range which for him is a lto)
    Young Geralt:“No, that is my friend Hachi here.”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“I have no idea…. hwo did that happen, mother didn’t say anything about it, so I assumed it had to be your idea.”
    Alyssa Toress:“it was actually”
    Daimyo Ryuu Makenki:“Congratulations Calim.”
    Alyssa Toress:“it makes mother happy and i am happy”
    Daimyo Ryuu Makenki:“She’s quite a woman.”
    Calim Gorn:“Greetings, Daimyo Makenki. Thank you.”
    Alyssa Toress:“you know how i am arielle”
    “i happen to like men a lot right”
    “and calim said he would be okay with that soooooooo”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“Yeah.. about that… I mean, Dragon band was saying that Calim wasn’t really into girls.. that was the rumor.”
    Alyssa Toress:“it makes mother happy and i get to enjoy myself”
    Jewel:“Wait… so oh…”
  • Jewel looks over towards Hachi.
    Calim Gorn:“Any advice for a man on the verge of his nuptials?”
    Jewel:“Soyu can transform into the dog then…. and he’s the bear?”
    Young Geralt:“Nice….”
    Alyssa Toress:“even if he doesnt like girls i am sure he can lie with me enough for a few children”
    Jewel:“That’s so cool, Iv’e always wanted to learn how to do animal transformations.. I mean assuming I had any magical knowledge.. but I don’t….”
    Daimyo Ryuu Makenki:“Everyone was surprised you two got together. It was a bit sudden.”
  • Daimyo Ryuu Makenki smirks.
    Young Geralt:“No, I don;t cahange into anything. He’s just a big furry something.. yes a dog.”
    Daimyo Ryuu Makenki:“SO waht’s the story?”
  • Calim Gorn smirks… “Why do you assume there’s a story?”
  • Princess Arielle Toress nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“have you lost it yet?”
    Calim Gorn:“It’s standard fare for the families of Rahseld to marry into each other for political benefit. I’m sure you’ve seen it before.”
  • Princess Arielle Toress smirks.
    Princess Arielle Toress:“A lady never tells.”
  • Alyssa Toress laughs
    Young Geralt:“I assumed you meant him, bear, dog, many get it all confused.”
    Hachikomaru:“Yokai…..”
    Daimyo Ryuu Makenki:“True.. but I have a feeling there’s more to this one.”
    Alyssa Toress:“you are lucky everyone is too busy talking about me instead”
    Hachikomaru:“Where are you from?” he says curiously.
    Alyssa Toress:“i went to ronen over the summer and the bards were talking about me non stop”
  • Calim Gorn shrugs, “Sorry to disappoint then, Daimyo.”
    Alyssa Toress:“it was just business really”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“Such is the life of a princess.. I keep telling you to learn some of that illusion magic.”
  • Hachikomaru gives her a sniff.
    Princess Arielle Toress:“A few fey enchantments and they won’t even know it’s you.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah but why hide my beautiful looks”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“Also good to catcha cheating husband too.”
  • Princess Arielle Toress smiles.
    Alyssa Toress:“i plan to cheat so he can all he wants”
    “a toress tradition”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:“i am sure mother has her own lovers other than father”
    Jewel:“So he transforms into a bear and a dog…”
    “I was told the white haired one transformed into something…”
  • Princess Arielle Toress puts her finger to her mouth to do a shhh gesture
    Princess Arielle Toress:“We don’t talk abut that…”
    “And it’s not proper to let your husband get away with that, you are a Toress after all.”
    Alyssa Toress:“maybe you can find a nice guy today”
  • Daimyo Ryuu Makenki smiles at Calim.
    Young Geralt:((hachi has white hair right?)_)
    Daimyo Ryuu Makenki:“It’s always more fun when they dn’t speak.”
    “Because now I know there’s a secret.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i think there is just one girl he is interested in”
    “but i dont know who”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles… “Believe what you wish, Daimyo.”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“Are you sure it’s a girl?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i guess not i dont think he ever said”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“Sythe said he gave him a weird look once…”
    Hachikomaru:yeah he has silvery white hair, thats prolly why shes confused
    Alyssa Toress:“that might be because i am still sleeping with sythe?”
    Hachikomaru:since we both got similar hair
    Alyssa Toress:“maybe he is jealous”
    Princess Arielle Toress:"Well Sythe said it was more like… "
  • Princess Arielle Toress starts to giggle.
    Princess Arielle Toress:“You know what, it’s probably just silly to think that way.
    Alyssa Toress:”well we will find out tonight"
    Young Geralt:“Well Hachi has white hair too, you heard about him.”
    Jewel:“oh I thought he was Sefiros… you must be Sefiros then.”
    “I have a bunch of friends in your fan club.”
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    Jewel:“Tehy’re going to be so jealous when I tell them I met you!”
  • Young Geralt laughs
    Hachikomaru:“Hana’s protege?”
  • Hachikomaru says looking to Geralt as she never shuts up.
    Young Geralt:“No, I’m Geralt. Sef if from Dragon band.”
    DM:The daimyo moves off… though Calim is greeted by another person.
    Calim Gorn:Oh lord
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    Sylara Toress II:“You must be Calim. I’m Sylara, nice to meet you.”
    Hachikomaru:“So where are you from fast talker.”
  • Calim Gorn smiles, “Nice to meet you, Sylara.”
    Hachikomaru:“Ronen, it smells like.”
    Jewel:“You’re Geralt? The great monster hunter? Wow!”
    “I heard you took down an Oni… and yeah I’m from Ronen.”
  • Young Geralt laughs again….
    Jewel:“What was it like? I always wanted to try to take down an Oni! Well I wanted to take down anything big and monstrous.”
    “I’m gonna be a great monster hunter one of these days.”
    Young Geralt:“I was beginning to wonder if you even heard of me.”
  • Sylara Toress II gives Calim a hug.
    Sylara Toress II:“I’m so glad you married Alyssa. That’s great for you too!”
    *two
  • Calim Gorn blinks and seems a bit surprised…
    Calim Gorn:“Err… Thank you…?”
    “You… know Alyssa, I assume…?”
    Princess Arielle Toress:“Yeah, I’d give you older sister advice on what to do.. but I don’t think you need that.”
    Hachikomaru:“My sensitive ears need a break from this onslaught.”
    “Enjoy your new friend Geralt.”
    Sylara Toress II:“Yeah Alyssa is the best. You’re getting a really good wife.”
  • Hachikomaru scurries away.
    Young Geralt:“I didn’t do it alone. Remember that no matter what you hear in the stories. To take down the big ones you have to work with your bandmates, not against them.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i mean i am okay with men i think”
    Jewel:“Where’s he going? I don’t smell bad do I?”
    “He said I smelled like Ronen, that’s not an insult is it?”
  • Jewel sniffs herself.
    Calim Gorn:(Have I heard of Sylara before? Like would I know she’s a Toress?)
    DM:Yeah you’d know that.
    Calim Gorn:Ah okay, heh
    DM:I mean she has a pretty distinctive Toress look about her anyway. dspite not being imbued.
    She’s hot herself heh.
    Young Geralt:“He can be sensitive sometimes. Just go ask to scratch him behind the ears, he likes that.”, Geralt smiles.
    Jewel:“Are you saying I smell bad?”
    Young Geralt:“No, no.”
    DM:Arielle leaves the room and the Queen comes in to see Alyssa.
  • Young Geralt gets in close to sniff around her neck….
    Alyssa Toress:“hello mother”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well it’s the big day, are you excited?”
    Calim Gorn:“Well, I’m glad you’re excited for us. Thank you for your kind words.”
    Alyssa Toress:“of course”
    Young Geralt:“You smell like a lady should.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i become an honest woman today”
  • Jewel breathes a sigh of relief.
    Young Geralt:“Maybe your perfume hurt his sensitive nose.”
    “So that was quite a show the other day. That was how I knew your name… when you ran into the Princess.”
  • Hachikomaru goes to pay Suzu a visit, curious of his situation.
    Alyssa Toress:“no more sin for me”
    Hachikomaru:her*
    DM:Suzu is sitting pretty quietly at a table.
    Suzu Ueno:"Oh hey Hachi. "
  • Hachikomaru bows politely.
    Young Geralt:“Is speed your specialty?”
    Hachikomaru:“May I sit?”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well you can’t go to your wedding thing it the end of your excitement…”
    Hachikomaru:good luck when its nerfed :-p
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Though you just need to add a certain level fo maturity to things.”
    Hachikomaru:Speed cap, that is
    Alyssa Toress:what did she say in the first line?
    Hachikomaru:Instead of the Flash, we’ll call her the Flush
    Alyssa Toress:it doesnt make sense
    Jewel:“Yeah, I’m really fast! I’m strong too.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well you can’t go to your wedding thinking it is the end of your excitement…”
    Calim Gorn:(Justy 2.0?)
    Hachikomaru:justy wasnt fast tho
    we always left her in the dust
    Alyssa Toress:“you know it wont be”
    Hachikomaru:that was the problem
    Calim Gorn:Yeah true
    Alyssa Toress:“i just need to be a bit more discreet i suppose”
    “calims brother was upset about me being seen with a band mate in ronen”
    Young Geralt:“Really, how strong?”, Geralt says seriously but with a grin.
    Hachikomaru:or well i guess she prolly was fas compared to a human
    we just were speed whores in comparison
    i think
    Alyssa Toress:“i only slept with him to further my political goals”
    Jewel:“Well stronger than I look, it’s the imbued gifts. The speed too. Though I guess I probably don’t look that fast. Hey you want to show me your weapon? I bet it’s really awesome.”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“i will keep these things in private”
    “but i am hounded by rumor no matter what i do”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Sometimes I’m sad you’re not inheriting the throne, you’d make an excellent queen too.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i am not overly upset by it”
    Sylara Toress II:(looks over towards Hachi)
    Young Geralt:((i wouldn’t have myswords at the wedding))
    Sylara Toress II:“Hey, is that the guy that can turn into a giant dog?”
    Alyssa Toress:“it is what it is”
  • Calim Gorn glances over… “Ah yes, that’s him. Hachikomaru.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and arielle will be a fine queen”
    Sylara Toress II:“Does he use kung fu? As the dog…”
    Alyssa Toress:“and by not being queen i will be more free to manuevr for our benefit”
    Hachikomaru:dog fu?
    Calim Gorn:“No, he just bites. And drools acid.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i can be her hand that is free to do what she cant openly”
    Suzu Ueno:“Yeah of course sit down.”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“but you are still young yet”
    Hachikomaru:“Well, it seems you haven’t gotten your heart’s desire.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“I know you’ll be great for our family and Arielle will always stiick by you, it’s important you two always be close.”
    Hachikomaru:“At least some of it.” he says glancing to Calim
  • Suzu Ueno looks over to Calim with some longing.
    Hachikomaru:“I hear you’re quite a skilled pilot now.”
    Suzu Ueno:“Yeah.. I guess I was kinda stupid thinking that right.. I mean I’m not anywhere near as pretty as the princess…”
    Young Geralt:“They are not really anything super special, it is all in how you use them. Though as I grow in skill, I will embue my blades with enhancements.”
    Sylara Toress II:“He drools acid?!”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Hachikomaru:“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my uncle says.”
    Alyssa Toress:“do you think arielle will get married soon?”
    Calim Gorn:(Heh, well I told Suzu that I couldn’t be with her because our families were probably going to hook us up, it isn’t like I turned her down because I preferred to be with Alyssa necessarily)
    Jewel:“I have a really great weapon… it’s a projected flail that also transforms into a high powered rifle and it folds up for easy transport!”
  • Hachikomaru taps his nails on the table, displaying his boredom.
  • Calim Gorn hopes Sylara gets bored of him soon…
    Queen Chiesa Toress:"I hope so… I’ve been trying to convince her but sometimes i feel she’s hopeless… "
    “She’s more interested in trying to involve herself in polciy than in producing eventual heirs.”
    Young Geralt:“That does sound interesting. My familiarity is not with the tech of your country.”
    Hachikomaru:“Has Nori given you any trouble since our encounter last time?”
  • Suzu Ueno shakes her head.
    Alyssa Toress:“well if she doesnt produce an heir then i do become queen”
    Suzu Ueno:“Not like before… but he’s usually in a bad mood.”
    Hachikomaru:“Are you enjoying your service to Lord Yoshinori thus far?”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
    Young Geralt:“You should show it to Suzu. She has a great interest in that sort of stuff.”
    Alyssa Toress:“but it would be a long time in the future”
    “she would probably change her mind by then and let a man put a baby in her”
    Young Geralt:“She is the one over there by Hachi.”
    Suzu Ueno:“Yeah it’s great, I can’t believe Calim did all that for me.. it’s just like the stories about handsome knights coming off to rescue the girl…”
    Hachikomaru:“And your family, how have they taken it?”
    Jewel:“Really? She’s a monster hunter?”
    Alyssa Toress:“she wouldnt tell me if shes even laid with a man yet”
    Hachikomaru:“Well you’re lucky in that regard.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well she wouldn’t go bragging about such things, though I did hear she was interested in that Taesian from the Wolfheart for some time…”
    Hachikomaru:“The only other option was to find you a pliable husband.”
    Alyssa Toress:“its not bragging we are sisters”
    “sisters can we safe to gossip to each other”
    Young Geralt:“No, she’s just a friend.”
    Hachikomaru:“It’s good to have friends in high places.” he says raising his brows with a smirk
    Jewel:“I didn’t think they knew how to use magitech in Makoro.”
    Sylara Toress II:“I’m going to go see the big dog.”
  • Sylara Toress II walks over to Hachi.
    Hachikomaru:“If you woul…….”
  • Queen Chiesa Toress nods.
  • Hachikomaru is interupted as he’s about to leave.
    Calim Gorn:“He likes it when you scratch behind his ear.”
  • Calim Gorn calls after Sylara
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well you never know who is listening.. always expect someone to be trying to lsiten in.”
    “It’s an unfortunate problem with beinga Toress.”
    Hachikomaru:“Another Toress? How many of you are there?”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes that is true”
    “everyone always wants to know my private life”
  • Sylara Toress II reaches out to scratch Hachi behind the ear.
  • Calim Gorn breathes a sigh of relief as Sylara finally leaves him alone…
    Sylara Toress II:“Calim said you’d like this.”
  • Hachikomaru gives Calim a “eat shit” look, and turns a bit red, perhas in embarassment.
    Alyssa Toress:“how do you keep things… discreet?”
  • Calim Gorn snickers, grinning at Hachi
    Hachikomaru:“Remind me to disembowel him later.” he jokes
  • Hachikomaru says that glancing over to Suzu.
    Hachikomaru:“I must admit, that was more than the usual bow, or handshake I am accustomed to.”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“Well… I have picked up some fey magic tricks, even Arielle knows some of it too, though we don’t talk about it too mcuh. Never want peopel to know what we can do. She evenknows how to inflience emotions with her magic.”
    Hachikomaru:“Do you make it a habit to scratch the ears of strangers? Or is this your first time?”
    Queen Chiesa Toress:“But you never want to let that out… because it amkes everyone suspcious if they can’t trust their own feelings.”
    Alyssa Toress:“so i should maybe..hide a bit?”
    Sylara Toress II:“Well I do it with strange dogs.”
    Young Geralt:“They don’t, but we found her talent and have been cultivating it.”
    Sylara Toress II:“Does that count?”
    Hachikomaru:“You should be careful. You’re likely to get bit that way.”
  • Jewel nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“disguises and trips to secret houses in the city and change carriages so i am not followed?”
    Hachikomaru:“I would introduce myself, but it seems you already know who I am. I’m afraid I am at a disadvantage my lady.” he says forcing himself to be polite
    Jewel:“Well I’ll guess I’ll mingle a ltitle bit…. but maybe you can show me your swords sometime well next year probably since our training is over.”
    Sylara Toress II:“I’ve never been bitten so far.”
    Hachikomaru:“A toress of some kind, at least you smell like the rest of them.”
    Alyssa Toress:T are we getting 3 points at the end of this session btw?
    i am gonna stat up some spells if we are
    DM:yeah you’ll be getting some points.
    I still owe you guys some heh.
    Have to see how many but I’ll give some prolly. lemme see my log
    yah prolly give you 3 points.
    Sylara Toress II:“Yeah… I’m Sylara Toress. Alyssa’s cousin.”
    Hachikomaru:“I see.”
    “This is Suzu Ueno, my bandmate.”
  • Sylara Toress II starts to reach out and touch Hachi’s tail fur..
    Young Geralt:“Sure, have a good break.”
    Sylara Toress II:“It’s so soft….”
    “NIce to meet you Suzu.”
  • Suzu Ueno bows and introduces herself as well.
    Hachikomaru:“Yes, well at least you haven’t tried to hack a piece off so far.”
    “The girls in Yt are a bit forward.”
    DM:Alright gonna fast forward a bit… unelss you had anything pressing to say, just wanted a few isolated RP scenes and introduce a few new characters.
    Hachikomaru:“I’m rather attached to it, I’m afraid.”
    nothing particular
    Calim Gorn:I’ll be sure to catch up with Laventa at some point, but I’m assuming she doesn’t really have a lot to say at the moment, heh
    DM:yeah heh.
    Also you do run into Baelis who apparently showed up to hit the open bar.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:prolly has an AoE to drink all booze in a single turn
    Young Geralt:where has Vin been during all this btw?
    Calim Gorn:Good thing I’m not paying for the booze
    DM:ANd Hana gets escorted back to the ceremony after apparently getting caught trying to sneak in.
    Oh Vin has been around talking with variuos people mostly hanging with Geralt when eh’s not occupied, just wanted to have you guys meet some new people with your RP scenes. heh.
    Young Geralt:ok
    DM:So fast forwarding to the ceremony itself.. as the princess emerges, made more beautiful than ever with a really expensive wedding dress and her hair done up perfectly and such.
  • Alyssa Toress smiles a lot
    Calim Gorn:“Wow…”
    Jewel:“She’s so pretty!”
  • Jewel darts around as a blur of speed almost moving about to get a better look from variuos angles and commenting on her.
    Hana Makenki:“So… pretty…”
  • Hana Makenki looks wide eyed at the princess, totally enraptured.
  • Young Geralt leans over to Vin…
    Hachikomaru:“I hear she’s slept with every BUT you at this point.” he teases Hana with a whisper in her ear
    DM:Hana seems totalyl zoned out looking at Alyssa.
    Young Geralt:“As nice as she looks on this day, she will never compare to you.”
    Viniira the Horned:“Yeah I could take her in a fight easy.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:didnt she lose in the tournament
    Viniira the Horned:“She’s lucky she never had to fight us.”
    DM:Alyssa’s father walks with Alyssa while the Queen performs the ceremony herself.
    It’s a bit unusual having the queen perform the ceremony as opposed ot one of the templar, which is a much more common occurance.. though… it is the queen’s priviledge…
  • Daimyo Ryuu Makenki snaps his fingers to no avail around hana to try to snap her out of her trance as she watches Alyssa walk down the aisle.
    DM:I’m gonna skip over the actual ceremony for the most part… since you can imagine thet ypical vows… wuith the added undertone of the queen threatening Calim to treat her daughter well or he’s going to have his balls fried off.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Of course said in a much more subtle polite way… but that’s the general message.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’ll swear the vows and so on
    DM:Anise and Helenia cry seeing the beautiful ceremony…
    Hachikomaru:have to get a dolly to cart Hana off
    DM:Hamidar and Sefiros seem to be the only two who aren’t really impressed at all, looking with their usual apathy and practiced stoicism.
    Sythe seems unexpected happy so much so that it maeks Calim a bit nervous.
    And he can’t help but wonder if some stone is rigged with some kind of trap to take him out.
  • Calim Gorn glances around a little, wondering what canary Sythe ate
    DM:Fortuanteyl everything goes without incident…
    Young Geralt:cause he knows he can boink Alyssa without having to listen to her daily shit
    DM:The reception afterwards has plenty of dancing and such… there isn’t too much going on beyodnw aht you’d expect so unless you want to RP stuff out we can just skip ahead…
    Though Sylara does follow around hachi, petting him and appaerntly somewhat obsessed with his fluffy tail.
    Calim Gorn:I’m okay with skipping
    lol
    Alyssa Toress:nah we can skip
    DM:There are a few of the servants who try to flirt with Geralt though are quickly discouraged by a hostile glance by Viniira.
    Young Geralt:servants.. that is ALL i rate
    DM:Well you are from Yt among a castle in Rahseld, the noblewomen can’t publicly be seen with you….
    Of course in private, who knows….
    But it wouldn’t be proper to be flirting with a savage like yourself amidst a formal wedding.
    Young Geralt:they want to see how savage i really am… deep inside
    lol
    DM:hehe yeah some of them do.
    Soi perhaps afterwards you could try to seek some comfort assuming you coudl get away from Vin. heh.
    Young Geralt:nah, i’m not a cheater
    Vin keeps me happy
    DM:As for the wedding night.. Alyssa sneaks off whiel Calim is basically gonna beleft in the room alone? heh.
    Young Geralt:not gonna risk pissing her off ;)
    DM:lol
    she does have a flaming axe.
    Alyssa Toress:“so calim are you going to take your marriage dues?”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm? What do you mean?”
    Alyssa Toress:“me”
    “if not i am going leave”
    “i have someone waiting in the city”
    DM:Hana also eventualyl ends up passed out… and Helenia has to examine her, concluding jokingly that she’s been hit by a form of MindDeath and having to use a spell to shock her back into cognition.
    Alyssa Toress:“i hope you made your plans with whoever it is you are really in love with”
    “or are you going to be in the room alone tonight?”
    Calim Gorn:“I suppose I can make plans if you’d rather go out.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i mean i thought you didnt actually want me”
    Calim Gorn:“I thought the same of you…”
    Alyssa Toress:“well i dont care either way”
    “like i said i made alternate plans”
    Calim Gorn:“Mind you it isn’t that I don’t find you attractive. You were stunning during the ceremony.”
    Young Geralt:wow, what a bitch, not even gonna give you some on the wedding night
    Alyssa Toress:“who is it anyway”
    “people say you like men”
    lol
    alyssa would sleep with him but he wont geralt
    DM:Calim is clearly part of the Sefiros fan club.
    Alyssa Toress:hes too obsessed with laventa
    “if you want to bed me then by all means”
    Calim Gorn:“Certainly I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t want to really… But I’m afraid my lover is a bit jealous.”
    Alyssa Toress:“oh well”
    “i’m gonna ask again you know”
    “someday you will tell me who she or he is”
    Calim Gorn:“Are you sure you really want to know?”
    Young Geralt:ok, i just thought she snuck off, leaving him behind
    Alyssa Toress:tabs sister would try to kill me if he slept with alyssa
    “yes”
    DM:Laventa mgiht be slightly unhinged….
    Alyssa Toress:lol yeah
    Calim Gorn:“I’m afraid she’s a bit shy about coming forward. Sorry.”
    Alyssa Toress:she is a psycho
    “oh well”
  • Alyssa Toress casts a spell to disguise her self
    Alyssa Toress:“have fun”
  • Alyssa Toress teleports away
    Calim Gorn:Thought you couldn’t teleport lol
    DM:heh, well she’s probably power stunting it. heh.
    Alyssa Toress:i took the 3 points we are getting at the end of this session that we should have gotten last session :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:I mean any aela casting can teleport.
    Alyssa makes off to her secret rendevous and Calim stays in the room with his trusty hand?
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:lol sneak laventa in there
    Calim Gorn:Unless Laventa feels like having a little fling while Alyssa is gone
    DM:heh well that’s kinda risky trying to teleport in there… I mean teher are wards and such to prevent unathorized access around the castle.
    Aka, the Hana protocol.
    And it’ll be weird if Calim leaves the room and is wandering around
    UNless he doesn’t care if people think he’s gay lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol, he doesn’t really
    DM:lol.
    Hachikomaru:if they think you’re gay less chance to think you’re banging your sister right?
    Calim Gorn:Indeed
    DM:Well I eman that’s kinda the first thing they’ll suspect as opposed to incest.
    They’ll just figure he’s not into girls.
    The incest thing is more obscure. heh.
    There’s a lot more people envisoning some kind of gay bestiality going on with him and Hachi.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM::P
    Hachikomaru:yeah they’ll accuse him of banging falsion instead
    DM:Yeah, I mean Alyssa is super hot, so it’s kinda like.. if you don’t like her, they’re kinda figuring he doesn’t like girls period. lol.
    So in that sense it’s a good cover wedding.
    Young Geralt:lol
    DM:Hell even if he was gay…. they’d figure Alyssa could turn him
    So it’s basically between gay, impotence and eunuch now…
    Those are the prevaling rumors.
    Some people are theorizing some kinda fighting accident. perhaps involving Hachis acid perhaps.
    Migth have got splashed and no longer works and the waters of Aylanae couldn’t heal it.
    Others are blaming Hamidar too :P
    The place is wild with rumors about Calim, especially after he sneaks out and is noticed by various servants and such
    Alright so going to fast forward to next yera anyway, not sure if you had any special plans for summer vacation.
    Calim Gorn:Banging my sister, lol
    DM:Like I said things gonna speed up since th3re’s not as many events anymore and I dind’t wnat to get too indepth with Vengeance band. heh.
    lol…. yeah… figured :P
    The next year begins as normal… year 6 with surprisingly low amounts of drama… though the big thing of note in this year seems to be Nori… who has improved significantly…
    His levels of Mana (or Ki to the Makoro natives) has elevated at an unnatural rate.. giving him exceptional healing, and increased strength and speed…
    You’re all shocked in training as what seemed to be the weakest of the group has gained a tremendous amount of strength over the summer…. at a more or less impossible rate…
    Calim Gorn:Clearly he’s been doping with Nuumia
    Or the sphere o’ doom
    DM:Unelss any of you are gonna address that in some way we can fast foprward through that year…
    Calim Gorn:Heh, kinda curious what his explanation is for it at least
    DM:His expalnation if asked seems to be some “intense training regimen and proper diet and exercise” rationale which almost all of you are pretty sure is bullshit unless you have an sinight bonus of +0 or something.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    “What do the rest of you think of the change that Nori has undergone? It seems rather… pronounced.”
    DM:Who you asking here?
    Calim Gorn:Hachi, Geralt, Alyssa
    DM:heh okay.
    Alyssa Toress:hes on the juice
    DM:Just wanted to know if there’s any NPCs there.
    Young Geralt:“Seems kind of odd. Though if it not hurting anything…”
    Alyssa Toress:“i dont know husband i am not sure what it could be”
    Calim Gorn:Might ask Masaru too, he did some training or whatever that enhanced his ki and such
    DM:Yeah Masaru’s improvement was kinda gradaul, I eman he was always a pretty good fighter, he just got some new tricks. heh.
    With Nori it was basically like night and day.
    Beforfe he was the weakest of the group and now he’s possibly the strongest.
    Hachikomaru:hamidar had him juiced
    ie T didnt have his sheet statted up before, and now he does! :-p
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:“Some of us are late bloomers apparently.”
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I mean I’m curious about it but if there’s no evidence of anything threatening or illegal then not really much we can do I guess, unless we stalk him or something
    Hachikomaru:he’s been replaced by aliens perhaps
    DM:heh okay you can just continue on with your regular routine until something else happens.
    Hachikomaru:yeah we dont wanna ask, and him go on a roid rage and hulk out on us
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:lol.
    Hachikomaru:STONE COLD! STONE COLD!
    DM:There’s also rumors going around that Taesian Stormblood of Dragonband killed a mayor in Ronen, aloing with his young son as some kind of vengeance for the attack of mercenaries on Thunderheart earlier this year…
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Good old lone wolf Taesian
    DM:And he’s finally sentenced by the council to a steep fine and some sanctions.
    There was also aapparently an Earth Demons care of orts at the wolfheart settlement a ew months later.
    Though it turned out to be nothing.
    Sythe Zanyz also joined the guild of swords, becoming one of their military commanders, rapidly rising thorug hthe ranks.
    Beyond that the year passed without incident going into year 7 of your training…
    Assuming you don’t do much during the summer beyond more of the same.
    If you had some desire to do some more solo stuff we can do that, otherwise i"Ll just FF through the major events.
    Calim Gorn:I think we’re kinda fishing for plot hooks at this point, heh
    Nori might be worth investigating more, I’m just not sure how to go about that without being blatant about it
    Young Geralt:just major stuff is fine with me
    DM:As the next year begins, there’s rumors in a few months of lots of other stuff going on in the empire… specifically stories of an expedition o the icy continent of Ssthiyen and rumors of some kind ofboject unearthed… the expedition also led to the disappearances of Hamidar’s father Duwar Garaz.
    Hachikomaru:oh yeah is that the guy Sef fought?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    DM:Also rumors were going around that Erasmus Zanyz along with the Sun Clan had dsicovered traitors among the Moonspeaker clan in Yt and wiped them out with the Zanyz laying claim to the mine.
    Hachikomaru:there was a woman too wasnt there?
    i remember dueling a few imbued i think
    DM:Yeah Sefiros killed another Garaz, Selehana Garaz.
    Hachikomaru:damn 2?
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    I remember her now
    DM:Well they don’t know what happened to Duwar.
    Hachikomaru:garaz exterminator
    DM:He’s just missing.
    Hachikomaru:ah ok so the chick came to see what happened to duwar?
    DM:Selehana Sef ended up killing thiough he manages to escape the trial without any punishment as they find it justifiable homicide.
    Hachikomaru:i forget what exactly happened
  • Calim Gorn expresses his condolences to Hamidar and hopes that they find him soon
    Calim Gorn:find his father soon, rather
  • Hachikomaru does so as well, having some empathy having lost his father.
    DM:Tehre’s just a ton of rumors surrounding it and nobody is exactly giving you the full story, they may not even have it.
    Hamidar seems increasingly depressed, but also determined to find his father’s killer… he currently suspects Sefiros, though he’s thinking of leaving training to go track him downl.
    It’s hard to separate the fact from the fiction… though there is apparently some kind of feud between Ellenya Toress (Alyssa’s Cousin) and the new president of the Guild of Swords, a man named Honorius Lastar.
    Apparently they stole her magitech armor prototype and there was a sizeable fine sent against lastar for this unlawful seizure.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah those bastards
    They “lost” it too
    DM:The end of year 7 before vacation brigns with it the biggest surprise of all though…
    And this part we can RP out since it’s pretty major…
    Alyssa Toress:is it war
    its war isnt it
    DM:There is word of the Earth demons returning and a great battle at both Vigilance and Thunderheart…
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah
    This was where the Earth Demons emerged again
    Alyssa Toress:oh man we are gonna get called to war huh
    DM:Oh yeah, another event I actually forgot to metnion.. appaerntly Imperion Terl earlier that year was releived of his duties… since Dragon Band turned out to have a ton of fucks ups.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:And they decided someone was better off training the bands from now on.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah they sent him out to Vigilance didn’t they?
    DM:Yeah heh.
    Calim Gorn:Poor bastard
    DM:He’s replaced by Imperion Valia Dreamborn. an older woman who previously helped teach the imperial ethics class.
    (Dragon Band had a lot of issues with Ethics)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:She gathers your band together for an announcement… bringing both Emerald and Vengeance band into the hall…
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“I know you’ve all heard many things about what’s going on… so I wanted to tell you the truth as we know it…”
  • Calim Gorn crosses his arms as he listens
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“Tinigath and the Earth Demons are on the move… A few hours ago there was an attack… on both Thudnerheart and Vigilance.”
  • Young Geralt listens intently, wondering why we just talking…..
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“Early reports are still coming in… but it appears that THunderheart managed to hold against the onslaught… Vigilance was not so lucky..”
    “We have learned that Princess Arielle was badly injured in the attack… and is on an airship returning to Aylanae to now.”
    Alyssa Toress:oh god i am gonna be the heir arent i
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“Your old instructor Imperion Terl is reported to be among the dead.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns…
    DM:There are gasps around the room.
    Calim Gorn:“Damn…”
    “He didn’t deserve that.”
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“Your training will resume as normal until we hear otherwise… your work here is more important than ever.”
    Calim Gorn:“We are not needed on the frontlines?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i hope arielle is going to be okay”
    Young Geralt:“Neither did the rest in Vigilance.”
  • Calim Gorn nods to Alyssa, squeezing her hand in a show of empathy
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“You are still trainees… I don’t want to send you out until I’m certain you’re ready.”
    Suzu Ueno:“I can’t believe it…. poor Arielle…”
    Anise Dreamborn:“We need to be out there fighting, the empire needs us….”
  • Viniira the Horned clutches her axe.
    Viniira the Horned:“Our people need us…”
    Calim Gorn:(Has Laventa been involved in any of the fighting?)
    DM:Nah she’s mostly stayed out of it.. for now.
    You didn’t hear of her going to fight yet.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, okay
    DM:Though many other members of Dragonband were involved.
    Imperion Valia Dreamborn:“For now return to your rooms, we’ll keep you updated with what we learn…”
    “Dismissed.”
    Viniira the Horned:(to Geralt) “We should get to the nearest airship out of here… we need to get into the fight, even if we have to stowaway…”
    Young Geralt:“I feel the same as you Vin, but if we rush off now, alone, we will not be able to do as much as with the rest of the band.”
    “We will likely die and think of all the lives lost because we were not there in force.”
    DM:I’ll give Geralt a persuasion check to try to convince Viniira to hold her emotions.. heh.
    Young Geralt:not trained, one sec
    DM:yeah you can roll x2 presence if untrained
    can add your attractive bnus too. heh.
    Young Geralt:which is?
    Calim Gorn:5 if you got 2 ranks
    Alyssa Toress:“this was going to happen someday i suppose”
    “there was stirrings of war for a while”
    Young Geralt:only 1 rank
    Calim Gorn:
    2 then I think
    “Unfortunate that it had to be this day… Though I don’t suppose any day would be fortunate.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i need to go see arielle when she gets here”
    DM:Viniira seems to hold her ethusiasm to get to the battle… Geralt managing to keep her calm and not doing anything stupid and rash at the current time.
    Though clearly she’s still very upset about it…
  • Calim Gorn nods to Alyssa
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, hopefully having you there will help her recover.”
    Young Geralt:so is he, will console her
    Masaru Oshiro:“The Oshiro won’t stand for this… it’s time we took down Tinigath once and for all…”
    DM:Yeah most of the band goes up to Alyssa to console her as well… sending thier best wishes for Arielle.
    Calim Gorn:“I agree that’s a good start… But unless we vanquish the Earth Demons themselves, this will only happen again.”
  • Masaru Oshiro nods.
    Masaru Oshiro:“I included killing them too.”
  • Calim Gorn smiles a little, nodding his approval
    Suzu Ueno:“Do you think they’re going to call us to fight?”
  • Hachikomaru tries to stay reserved.
    Hachikomaru:“Possibly, but I doubt we will be considered important, until we finish our training.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps, if the situation gets desperate enough… It seems that Thunderheart was able to hold them back somehow, so there may be hope even if Vigilance did not fare so well.”
    Young Geralt:“I certainly hope so. What are we going to learn in a year that will help?”
    Calim Gorn:“I wonder though what could have led Vigilance to fall… It was supposed to have state of the art defenses…”
    Vilar Elfglow:“If they cracked Vigilance, then Yt is practically defenseless…”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Eastern Ronen too…”
    Hachikomaru:“Defenseless?”
    “Neither has warriors to fight?”
    Vilar Elfglow:“Well I meant Vigilance had the seismic sensors that could detect Earth Demon burrowing…”
    “It was the early warning system.”
    “They could pop up anywhere…”
    Calim Gorn:“And yet those sensors didn’t seem to help it… Something isn’t right about this.”
    Young Geralt:“Unless the tech is not so great after all.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“Knowing death is coming for you doesn’t mean you can stop it.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“we will just wait to graduate and do the best we can”
    Hachikomaru:“No, it only helps if you plan to escape.”
    Calim Gorn:“Perhaps so… But they should have been well prepared at the least.”
    Alyssa Toress:“we shouldnt go off without finishing our training”
    Anise Dreamborn:“There was a theory that the awakening was just a small part of the Earth Demon forces… that greater armies rest below the ground”
    Nori Yuudai:“I am sure the Yuudai will stand with the empire in this war.”
    Vilar Elfglow:“War hasn’t formally been declared yet. It mgiht be liek last time…”
    Hamidar Garaz:“The princess is badly injured. War is happening.”
    Hachikomaru:“You certainly seem more prepared now than you did in years before.”
  • Hachikomaru says glancing to Nori.
    Nori Yuudai:“I am ready to reclaim the lost honor of the Yuudai.”
    Hachikomaru:“Good.”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Well Iv’e gota question.. how do we even fight Earth Demons? If they’re below the ground…”
    Hachikomaru:“It seems I may require a sword afterall.. Hmm.”
    Calim Gorn:“Go down there after them… Or wait for them to surface.”
    Young Geralt:assuming we going to finis up training… i’m getting tired and need to hit the sack
    also reminder I’ll be gone next weekend
    DM:Yeah we can stop here….
    ah okay.
    Well we can prolly still do some stuff next week… going to be some events and such…
    Young Geralt:so you said 3 points?
    DM:Definiteyl should finish the training segment.. actualyl I’m gonna bump it up since I passed another year. going to make it 6 points.
    Young Geralt:ok
    117 total, will get upgrades don and let you know changes
    DM:actually…
    you guys ar pretty clsoe to PL 8 anyway. I’m just gonnamake you 120 so you can start using your PL 8 versioopns
    Get you fully updated anyway. heh.
    Young Geralt:ok, yay
    Hachikomaru:i should prolly sink a point in ultra-hearing
    quake detection
    it actually dont really do much, but in this setting might actually be useful
View
Session 10

Herlock:wow sef is last huh
Tabris:Heh yeah
Herlock:hey i cant see the prep room for my token
Tabris:I think he’s got you in the arena and it’s vision blocked
DM:oh you were still in the arena
weird not sure why the main thing is revealed but the arena blocks out
That must be a feature of newer MT versions
where they remove all your vison or something
Tabris:Yeah heh
DM:Since that revealed area was from a p rior version it probably stays revealed
prob a memory saving device
Tabris:Yeah maybe
Herlock:let us see the arena then
Tabris:Yeah heh, I can’t see it at all from the prep room
Alyssa Toress:i found it!
its to the upper left
zoom out
Tabris:Yeah like I know it’s there but I can’t see it lol
Though I see some weird area to the north with an altar
DM:oh that’s casue Calim got removed from the arena when he lost heh.
Tabris:Not sure I want to know what that is
Alyssa Toress:lol
DM:oh heh that was a battlemap from last campaign :P
Alyssa Toress:am i allowed to have 0 toughness?
Tabris:lol
DM:if you want yeah. Assuming you’ve got 0 stamina.
Keep in mind that if overcapped, toughness is favored.
Alyssa Toress:what do you mean overcapped
Tabris:Like if you have Toughness 10 and Parry 10 your Parry will be reduced but Toughness won’t
Alyssa Toress:what if i have toughness 0 and parry 14
DM:You could do that legally.
Tabris:Heh that’s fine, that’s within cap
DM:Just watch out for perception and area attacks :P
Tabris:Though yoru Stamina score adds to Toughness
Also yeah, if you get hit with a Perception attack you’re fucked lol
DM:yeah that’s why I said he’d have to have 0 stamina.
Tabris:And even if you make the save for half on an AoE, you’ll still have to defend against half the damage which with no Toughness score is gonna be hard
Since the DC is 15+Damage
Alyssa Toress:hmm
what if i go 0 dodge / parry and 14 toughness
Tabris:Heh, well you could do that too, you could still conceivably be damaged but you’d be more durable overall
DM:yeah then the threat becomes stuff that doens’t target toughness.
Alyssa Toress:mmmm
DM:bsaically someone with a fort/will based attack can power att you for 5 every time
power attack
Tabris:Heh, well Fort and Will don’t balance with Toughness do they?
DM:nah they balance with each other.
Tabris:Yeah so you could still keep those up separately
DM:Yeah, though what I was saying is the guy could power attack 5 and basically be getting +5 effect on his will/fort DCs.
Tabris:Ah yeah, since he only has to hit a DC 10
To actually hit you
DM:Yeah, so in effect you’d be at -5 fort/will in a way.
Alyssa Toress:okay guys we got it figured out
0 dodge/ 0 parry parry
toughness 14, fort 14, will 14
DM:cant
Tabris:lol Fort and Will can’t both be 14
Alyssa Toress:yeah i can
DM:fort + will are capped.
Tabris:They balance with each other
Alyssa Toress::(
hmm
DM:best you coudl have is toughness 14, will 7, fort 7. heh.
Tabris:Yeah heh
Alyssa Toress:hmm
yeah lets go with that
Garrion:hello all
Tabris:The good news is Kaldar probably won’t be attacking Fort or Will
As for Sythe, who knows
Alyssa Toress:welp
no meta gaming T!
Tabris:lol
DM:There isn’t really metagaming in knowing your opponent doesn’t dodge.
you can plainly see that :PO
Young Geralt:so we getting set for round 2 of the tourney right?
Tabris:Yeah, if Sef ever shows up
DM:Yeah wonder where Sef is at.
Tabris:Though guess you could do Geralt and Viniira vs whoever
DM:yeah.
we can do their match first.. actually that’ll probbaly happen first anyway.
Alyssa Toress:how about a rank 10 fireball
area
is that good
30 power points
DM:well you can’t take a rank 10 area attack
that’s capped by Pl
Young Geralt:we get our opponents yet?
Alyssa Toress:it is?
Tabris:I think AoE damage is capped by PL
Alyssa Toress:damn
DM:Yeah attacks without attack rolls (area, perception) are capped by PL
otherwise it’s attack + effect rank = PL
2 as the cap
Alyssa Toress:how about a rank 12 lightning bolt single target
DM:Yeah gimme a sec to finish eaitng then we’ll start. heh
Alyssa Toress:okay
man the weather has been great today
Tabris:Heh, if you don’t have to make a roll to hit then it’s capped to Rank 7
Alyssa Toress:its nice and cool
Young Geralt:ok, i need to grab a bite to i guess
DM:regular ranged damage can be rank 12. if it’s a perception attack it’s capped by PL
Alyssa Toress:ok
i am gonna do it
i am gonnna kill the kaldar
Tabris:lol
DM:keep in mind it’ll bring down your accuracy.
Alyssa Toress:well not kill
knock out
if i kill him i get mind deathed
Tabris:Yeah the higher the attack damage the lower the accuracy, and he has somewhat decent Dodge
You could go with my trick and hit him with something that makes him Defenseless though
Then you can just go to town on all the high damage stuff
That totally would have worked if he hadn’t been rolling 20’s for Toughness checks
Alyssa Toress:hmm
how about 12 fort… impervious 10
err
toughness i mean
not fort
Tabris:Yeah that’s pretty decent, then you can’t be damaged by anything that’s rank 5 or less
Though I think Kaldar has some attacks that do Rank 6 or Rank 7
Sefiros:yo
Tabris:Yo
Also if he has Penetrating then that ignores Impervious
Alyssa Toress:hmm
Tabris:lol yeah he’s got some high damage attacks
So your impervious won’t do much
DM:okay back.
So last we left off… the first week of the tournament left 2 members remainng for Dragon band: Sythe Zanyz and Kaldar Orun.
With Emerald Band having 4 teams left. Geralt/Viniira, Masaru/Gregorio, Suzu/Hamidar and Hachi/Alyssa
Alyssa Toress:T can power stunt go over the pl cap?
DM:The following morning there’s a new posting as to who you’ll be facing.
Yes, it’s cappped as though your PL was 2 higher.
So you could stunt as a PL 9 if your’e PL7.
Keep in mind that’s only for an instantaneous one shot power.
So you can’t stunt a better armor for the wohle battle or something
But a one shot supernova is possible. heh.
Alyssa Toress:ok
DM:Anyway…
The challengers for next week are drawn, and it ends up being Suzu/Hamidar versus Kaldar… and Geralt/Viniira versus Sythe.
There’s a week to prepare for the next fight as well.
Young Geralt:ok, so Sythe is the tech guy
DM:Yeah if you want you can give an int check or knowledge check of some kind on what you know about him.
Tabris:He’s the master strategist, heh
DM:Last tme you saw him fight, he brought in a shiadar assault magitech armor, as well as some kind of magitech device to neutralize Vilar’s enchanted blade.

  • Sefiros skips his training montage.
    Tabris:Yeah I need to see what that nullify device was, I might order one for myself
    Young Geralt:ok, main thing i want to know is if my Quen will be useful afgainst him or his atks to powerfukl
    Calim Gorn:lol well if he’s using the magitech armor, yeah that thing will stomp you into the ground
    It’s a giant robot
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    he probably has some other bullshit to use
    that we havent seen yet
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    Alyssa Toress:since hes a master strategist
    Calim Gorn:You’ll be preparing to fight him in the robot and he’ll bring out some other shit instead
    DM:He’s also got a sword too that you haven’t really seen him use and a pistol
    Alyssa Toress:its like football
    you prep all week against the pass … and then they rush it 100 times
    Young Geralt:and tactically does having it up benefit me any if i’m distracted and he can bypass it… even with imp toughness added
    so imperv tough4 and protection will protect vs up to power rank 5?
    DM:Well I mean it makes you more toughness focused, which could be a good thing or a bad thing.
    Calim Gorn:Impervious protects against half its rank
    Young Geralt:protection6
    Calim Gorn:So if you have Impervious 6, you are immune to a rank 3 or lower attack
    DM:I mean even if it breaches the impervious you’ve stil got I think 10 toughness instead of your usual 7.
    Young Geralt:ok, so that can’t be overcome
    DM:well it’s impervious 10 snce it adds impervious to his other ranks
    So it’ll block 5 or less I believe.
    Calim Gorn:Okay yeah, Impervious 10 will ignore anything that does 5 or less
    Alyssa Toress:if i have the improved crit advantage and my attack also has improved crit do i do double damage on the crit or is the range just bigger?
    Young Geralt:but if he bypasses that then i still get the atra toughness
    Calim Gorn:But like if he’s using the Shiadar then he’s got attacks that do over 5 easily
    DM:just bigger range
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    Alyssa Toress:WHAT
    DM:can have max range of 16-20
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    damn
    Calim Gorn:You’d still have higher Toughness even if he can do enough to beat the impervious
    DM:So 4 ranks of improved critical total. but they do stack with each other
    Alyssa Toress:i was hoping i would crit on a 12
    DM:Assuming youh ave them in different plcecs
    heh no.
    Young Geralt:hmm, so either lower my defense or lower my toughness
    ok
    well did he seem to have imperv on him too or did he ever even get hit?
    DM:not on himself, but his shiadar does.
    Calim Gorn:Heh he never got hit I don’t think, he just let the robot do all the work
    Young Geralt:perfect form…. low ass rolls
    DM:He took some minor wounds from the fight, but remember he ejected from his Shiadar at thes tart and let it go on autopilot.
    But inside the cockpit the vehicle has impervious heh.
    Though he does not.
    Young Geralt:ok, will coat myblade with Penetrating oil
    and start with Quen up i guess
    Calim Gorn:The Shiadar Assault has Toughness 12 btw
    And Impervious
    Alyssa Toress:man i got more toughness than that
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:man my new tactic is either gonna go great
    or totally fail
    DM:The day of the match finally comes… and everyone is one again gathered at the side of the arena…
  • Calim Gorn sits with the rest of the Gorn family, next to his sister
    DM:Geralt, Viniira and Sythe are called first… with Geralt and Vinira stepping out firs tand there being a bit of a delay for Syhte.. probably to get his Shiadar armor.
    Alyssa Toress:what if he brings out an airship instead
  • Young Geralt does the Yt fist bump with Viniira.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:and blows up the entire arena
    Calim Gorn:He does own an airship
    Alyssa Toress:i know
    DM:well airships generally require crews to operate heh…
    Alyssa Toress:its di crystals all the way down
    DM:So that’d be violating the rule of only one combatant.
    heh I mean I guess he could have one that’s all golem piloted :P
    Alyssa Toress:just the entire thing is manned by di crystals
    Young Geralt:“This will be a tought one. We’l have to be at our top performace.”
    DM:But that’d take a lot more resources than House Zanyz is probably willing to commit.
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    “hey calim”
    Viniira the Horned:“Yeah, I think we can still take down that warmachine though.
    Alyssa Toress:”do you think they are gonna win?"
    Calim Gorn:“Hard to say. I know Geralt has a strategy, but I don’t know if that will be enough by itself.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i mean geralt has his special swords”
    “how hard could a magitech armor be?”
    Calim Gorn:“Pretty hard.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah i know”
    “i just dont want to have to fight him”
    “so i am hoping they win”
  • Calim Gorn smirks, “You don’t want to cheer on your boyfriend?”
    Alyssa Toress:“hey we gotta win as a band”
    “if they beat him, then i dont have to fight him”
    DM:one sec lemme just find a token for this thing… heh.
    Alyssa Toress:this thing
    lol
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:probably a god damn gundam
    not just a escaflowne type thing
    like pyscho gundam
    Calim Gorn:http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/escaflowne/images/6/6a/Rightside031escaflowne.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140525232911
    Alyssa Toress:hey no one said he cant use a microwave cannon
    Calim Gorn:Psyco Gundam would probably take up half the arena
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:hmm can’t find a good picture for it… so I’ll just use a generic.. one sec..
    Alyssa Toress:man sythe was leaving the dorm this morning i kept hearing him talk about something called operation british?
    whats a british?
    Calim Gorn:Hahaha
    Alyssa Toress:destroying the city would probably get him disqualified
    DM:There’s a pause as youh ear heavy metallic footsteps. heavier than the last Shiadar you saw Sythe use…
    Calim Gorn:lol, he brought in an Ogre variant?
    Hachikomaru:im hearing the ed 209 walking sfx
    Alyssa Toress:is this readable?
    how about this?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s fine
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    DM:You can see the thing moving forward… a bit slower than the last armor, but this thing appears much more heavily armored… forgoing the Shiadar’s normal guns for two massive hammer fists.
    Hachikomaru:“YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO YIELD!:
    Alyssa Toress:i didnt want to share a color with tab
    Young Geralt:really, this guy is friggin overkill
    Calim Gorn:lol yup, Ogre variant
    Vilar Elfglow:”He brought an ogre shiadar!? Where is he getting all these!?"
    Alyssa Toress:dont fire anti fortress weapons inside the city
    Calim Gorn:The Ogre just has giant fists
    It will punch the shit out of you
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Guess that’s the benefit from coming from the richest House In Rahseld.”
    Alyssa Toress:hey giant fists can knock down a fortress
    Young Geralt:ok, so is this think slow but powerful?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    It’s got Impervious 14 on its Toughness
    Alyssa Toress:its probably like rank 16 damage
    Young Geralt:i mean would defense be better thasn protection against soimething like this
    DM:well it’s slower, but magitech armor can still move a decent speed on their own.
    It’s bsaically a walking melee tank.
    Alyssa Toress:your probably gonna want to dodge
  • Daimyo Takashi Oshiro gives another disapproving look.
    Alyssa Toress:the thing probably does massive amounts of damage
  • Young Geralt will dropQuen, know if the protection will matter little if he gets hit
    Calim Gorn:lol I mean it’s hard to say, yeah you definitely don’t want to get hit by it, but if you do get hit by it then you definitely want a shit ton of Toughness
    Alyssa Toress:maybe tab can back me up
    heh
    yeah thats a tough one
    DM:this time Sythe doesn’t seem to exit the Shiadar intending to fight from inside it.
    Geralt makes his preparations applying his oil to his blade and (you want to put up Quen?)
    Young Geralt:i think the chocie was to drop it
    DM:heh okay.
    Young Geralt:i’m not up on M&M tactics
    DM:heh it’s okay. part of the training bit is a learning experience
    Young Geralt:but i think it better to have full dodge than get hit by this thing
    DM:I mean you won’t die either way. So at worst you lose the match.
    Young Geralt:but i dont want ta loose, whine whine
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Good luck. Geralt and Viniira.”
    DM:Sythe actives a shutter on the main viewing port of the Shiadar, totally blocking his eyes.. you’re not sure how he intends to pilot it… perhaps just auto pilot or maybe he has some kind of special lenses set up.
    Young Geralt:“Uh yeah, i have a feeling you aren’t counting on luck.”
    DM:Ina ny case it, seems he’s got a cockpit that prevents you from seeing him.
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“I prefer things under my control.”
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, Sythe certainly is a devious one.”
    Vilar Elfglow:“Yeah just in case one of them had some magic that could affect him by sight…”
    Hachikomaru:im gonna go eat something while yall play this match out, afk a few
    Vilar Elfglow:“Now they’ll have to contend with the shiadar.”
    Calim Gorn:“Is there a time limit on these matches? Maybe they could get a draw if they run the clock out.”
    DM:The daimyo calls theb attle to a start…
    And Geralt is first to act. …
    Young Geralt:“He’s just too much of a pansy to come out and face us without his toys like he did last time Viniira.”
    Alyssa Toress:they have fusion reactors
    Young Geralt:me will delay, waiting with a ready for him to come within melee
    Viniira the Horned:“I’d expect no less.”
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:geralt is having a hard time targeting it because of the heavy mivovsky particle output
    DM:Geralt readies his balde.
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Calim Gorn glances around, wondering how Sythe is seeing with the shutters closed on his Shiadar
    DM:Viniira concentrates using a druidc spell… and firng a bolt of lightnign at the shiadar.
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Ranged, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2Roll Result: 12 (8) Effect Rank: 8
    DM:The lignhting bolt hits square into the shiadar, though the lignhting seems to drain out of it without doing any damge.
    *****Start of Sythe Zanyz IV’s Turn*****
    DM:Also give me a perception check for Geralt.
    Geralt can see as the Shiadar starts its charge that little sparks of electricity crackle over it.. almost like it, itself is electrically charged…
    Calim Gorn:Well that’s not good
    DM:The thing comes at Geralt, faster than he expected… Geralt can make his readied attack..
    I’ll let yous tand in frojnt of Viniira and intercept it if you like.
    If you want to shield it from getting to her.
    Or you can just keep the line formation you had there
    Young Geralt:Sure, I’ll do that.
    does it seem to have any weak spots on it that i can target attack
    DM:Geralt rushes out to meet the metal monstrosity… meeting its thunderous approach
    The ground shaking a bit under each of its steps.
    There’s nothing obvious, if you’re trained in technology you could attempt a roll to try to find a weak spot (though admittedly you’d need a pretty high orll)
    Otherwise you’ll just have to resort to basic manuevers.
    Young Geralt:ok
  • Young Geralt will strike at its joints trying to find a weakness….
    Young Geralt:not with rolls like that.. why do these dice hate me?
    Calim Gorn:I ask myself that all the time
    DM:The ogre parries your blow, knockijng aside your blade with one its hammer fists.. as the machine takes a strike of its own.
    Ogre Shiadar:Ogre Shiadar Attacks! (Close, +8, rank 0 Damage) AOA 2 Acc 2Roll Result: 20 (8) Effect Rank: -2
    wait that got screwed up
    one sec…
    it rolled an 8 so I’ll keep that… but the effect rank and such was screwed up
    lemme see if that hits you…
    That’ll be a 16 modifed so barely misses
    Young Geralt:whew
    DM:Geralt baries dodges the massive hammer fist as it swings over his head.
    *****Start of Ogre Shiadar’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Can I spot anything that looks like it’s what Sythe is using to see with?
    DM:You’re not sure.. he could just be using the Di crystal to pilot it…
    Alyssa Toress:radar
    DM:You can’t see it from this range anyway, not without extended vsion of somekind probably..
    Or a shitload of perception
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:hes got a tiny periscope on it like a submarine
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“You could just yield. Though i don’t think you will.”
    DM:yeah that is one method is using a lens of some kind.
    Periscope style.
    They don’t really have true video monitors or anything so you’d have to use some kind of viewing lens, or tinted glass also can work as well.
    Alyssa Toress:its using laser targeting
    Young Geralt:sorry wife was talking to me
    Anise Dreamborn:“Take it down Geralt!”
    Young Geralt:ok, i’ll just attack again
  • Anise Dreamborn cheers from the audience.
    Young Geralt:figuring fire will do little to it
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    That’s a crit
    DM:wow.
    Alyssa Toress:wow
    Calim Gorn:And that’s got Penetrating 6 on it so it should hopefully get through
    DM:You give your pentrating oil a true test,.. hoping the formula was a good one…
    And sure enough, the blade penetrates the thick armor…
    Calim Gorn:Whooo
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 11) Roll Result: 18 ( natural:4 , Save DC:26 ) Ogre Shiadar -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Calim Gorn:lol awesome
    DM:The blow puts a hole in the shiadar.. giving minimal exposure now to the inside.
    Though the thing isn’t yet disbaled.
    Calim Gorn:Have Viniira shoot her lightning in the hole lol
    DM:Well it’d stillb e a hell of a shot if you don’th ave a perception attack. I mean it’s a lot fo cover. heh.
    Young Geralt:so assuming i have to not only take down this thing but then him too
    DM:It’s just a stab hole, not a gaping hole.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah unless he yields after his Shiadar goes down
    DM:yeah heh, technically ou just have to beat him
    Young Geralt:or when the machine goes down does it hinder the driver, like bioelectric feedabck imparement
    Calim Gorn:Heh nah
    DM:However as you strike the thing.. you notice it delivers an electrical jolt to you via the sword blade…
    Calim Gorn:It’s like driving a tank
    DM:The thing’s electrical charge seems to be some kindo f defense mechanism…. you have to make a toughness check yourself.
    You manage to soak the lightning… taking the shock and you keep going.
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:i’m getting the chivalry boost
    karma blessed my dice
    Calim Gorn:Fight ain’t over yet lol
    DM:Viniira inspired by your attack, ruhses out herself to try to take it down
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Close, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2 AOA 2Roll Result: 20 (14) Effect Rank: 8
    DM:She strikes the thing.. but finds its armor still too powerful repelling her flaming axe too.
    The shock also travelling at her as well
    Viniira the Horned:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 3) Roll Result: 17 ( natural:11 , Save DC:18 ) Viniira the Horned -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    DM:Shocking her a bit.
    *****Start of Sythe Zanyz IV’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:ouch
    DM:You see Sythe moving about in there… opening up a panel in the Shidar, and tossing out a grenade, then shutting it. The grenade explodes in a fiery burst not strong enoguh to damage the Shiadar, but you’ll both have tomake dodge checks.
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:DOdge check for half damgae then toughness on the actual damage.
    Viniira the Horned:(well fortunately that’s just ddoge so that means you don’t halve the damage)
    Young Geralt:that blows
    Viniira the Horned:(you still get a toughness save)
    Young Geralt:i have uncanny
    does that help?
    DM:That just prevents you from losing it while vulnerable.
    That’s aginst surprise attacks, no AoEs.
    You’d wnat evasion to give a dodge boost to area attacks
    Young Geralt:ok
    Alyssa Toress:wow
    Young Geralt:you gotta be kidding me
    Calim Gorn:Ouch
    Young Geralt:i rolled a damn 2 do HPed it
    DM:Geralt dives for cover.. taking 1 wound from it.. he escapes most of it.. but it’s still quite painful.
    Young Geralt:and still got a 1
    DM:Viniira isn’t so lucky.. as the grenades flames burn her.
    Calim Gorn:Well with a Hero Point a 1 is like an 11
    You add 10 if you roll 10 or less
    Young Geralt:its still a damned sham
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    DM:Unforutnately the Shiadar’s hammer fists still attack, it’s defintely on autopilot…
    Young Geralt:lol
    *****Start of Ogre Shiadar’s Turn*****
    Ogre Shiadar:Ogre Shiadar Attacks! (Close, +8, rank 0 Damage) AOA 2 Acc 2Roll Result: 23 (11) Effect Rank: -2
    Sythe Zanyz IV:damn.. the roller was screwed up agin. not sure why… well it rolled 11 so that’ll hit anyway.
    Ogre Shiadar:Ogre Shiadar Attacks! (Close, +4, rank 12 Damage)Roll Result: 7 (3) Effect Rank: 12
    Sythe Zanyz IV:that was a test roll to fix it.
    but the first hits… so you gotta make a toughness check.
    Since a natural 11 would hit with those mods
    Young Geralt:me or Vin?
    DM:On you.
    You damaged it heh.. so it seems to be targetting you down
    Sythe Zanyz IV:ouch…
    DM:gonna be a failure by 3, 3 woubnds and you’r3e staggered.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, 3 degree failure…
    DM:The massive blow hits Geralt cleanly as the crowd gasps.. especially little Suzu can be heard…
    The hammer fist knocks him back with its brutal force… even Masaru gives a flinching look as he watches the powerful blow.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Honestly you should feel proud for even breaching the armor on this thing, I hadn’t planned on that.”
  • Young Geralt refocuses while circling around opposite Viniira, hping it will expose its back to her…. removinh Staggered
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    Suzu Ueno:(to Calim) “Can’t they stop the fight?”
    Alyssa Toress:“no”
    Calim Gorn:“Geralt and Viniira would have to yield…”
    Alyssa Toress:“dont worry they wont be permanently hurt”
    Calim Gorn:“On a real battlefield though they wouldn’t have that luxury.”
    DM:Viniira takes a gamble… though dazed, she manages to get out ashapeshifting spell, transforming herself into a mouse… as a she tries to scurry into the blade hole Geralt made from behind… being so small and with the Shiadar’s back to her ,it’s unlikely such a trick might be seen…
    Though she does have to brave the electrically charged exterior to get in there… not an easy feat…
    Calim Gorn:“This is the power of our Magitech. Just imagine what entire squads of Shiadars like that one can do.”
    Suzu Ueno:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 20 ( natural:17 , Save DC:21 ) Viniira the Horned -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Hachikomaru:you dirty rat….you killed my shiadar
    Calim Gorn:lol nice trick
    DM:Geralt sees Viniira in mouse form manage to crawl into the hole.
    *****Start of Sythe Zanyz IV’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:my secret is out.. i love Viniira’s gerbil form, lol
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    DM:Sythe seems unaware of the trick, dropping another one of his grenades.
    ahahaha
    yeah you’ll probably never hear the end of the jokes now :P
    Calim Gorn:Just hope she doesn’t lose concentration on the spell while in a compromising position
    DM:Gerlt give me another dodge check then toughness f rom the fire burst grenade.
    Young Geralt:well that was a joke, obviously not the case
    DM:You do get +2 dodge from your recovery since that gives +2 to defense.
    lol yeah I know I just meant that you figure the rest of the class is gonna come up with a bunch of Geralt gerbil jokes.
    Young Geralt:oops
    DM:heh… did you have Vinira selected?
    Young Geralt:i had wrong token selected
    DM:lol. okay.
    Yeah roll on your own. since it’ll use her stats I believe
    Calim Gorn:Can he keep the 17? lol
    DM:I still gotta present a token ownership thing on those macors.
    Calim Gorn:Heh well that’s not bad either
    DM:heh, well that time you rolled toughness, but need a dodge from you first.
    I’ll let you use that toughness, though should just be 17 since the +2 only appliest o dodge.
    Okya dodge succeeds so half damage rank…
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    Soaked it
    DM:Geralt mangaes to evade all damage dodging waway.. though the Shiadar’s fist is still closely behind…
    *****Start of Ogre Shiadar’s Turn*****
    Ogre Shiadar:Ogre Shiadar Attacks! (Close, +4, rank 12 Damage) AOA 2 Acc 2Roll Result: 28 (20) Effect Rank: 10
    Calim Gorn:Ow
    DM:wow… that’s a cirt.
    Young Geralt:is there such thing as athletic dodge?
    DM:Well there’s full defense.
    Though ther’es nothing that really uses your skill ranks for defnese if that’s what you’re wondering.
    Young Geralt:this gonna hurt
  • Calim Gorn winces as he sees the Ogre smack Geralt especially hard
    DM:Yeah heh.. gotta make atoughness save.
    Calim Gorn:Well you won’t die at least
    lol just short of 4 degrees
    DM:Yeah that’s barely another 3 degree failure.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Still up since you recovered Staggered though
    But can’t recover it again
    Alyssa Toress:stop stop hes already dead!
    Calim Gorn:“Wow, I can’t believe he’s still standing…”
    Suzu Ueno:“Why does’nt he just yield?”
    Alyssa Toress:“he wants to impress his girl”
  • Young Geralt goes full defens, giving Viniira time to do her thing.
    Calim Gorn:“Heh, he wants to win… To put Sythe in his place.”
    Anise Dreamborn:“Tough girl to impress. I would have been impressed afte rthe first blow.”
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:“i guess i am gonna end up fighting sythe probably”
    DM:Viniiira transforms again while inside.. takling the form of some kind of large animal in the cockpit… And you can hear Sythe give a cry of surprise…
    Calim Gorn:Bear in the cockpit! Bear in the cockpit!
    Hachikomaru:snakes in a shiadar>
    Young Geralt:maul him maul him
    DM:As the crowded cockpit now contains both Sythe and a wild animal
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Close, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2 AOA 2Roll Result: 25 (19) Effect Rank: 8
    Calim Gorn:lol nice
    Young Geralt:should have turned into a Ferret and crawed up his pant leg and bit his junk
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 13) Roll Result: 12 ( natural:2 , Save DC:28 ) Sythe Zanyz IV -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Haha
    LOL
    Alyssa Toress:wow
    DM:wow… got him.
    Alyssa Toress:hes done
    Calim Gorn:Fuck yeah
    That’s fucking awesome
    Alyssa Toress:so dragon band only has kaldar left? or something else too
    Calim Gorn:Just Kaldar
    DM:Imperion Terl calls the fight over as Sythe scremas out then stops speaking…
  • Young Geralt staggers weakly on the field, waiting to see what happens… assuming i can’t see any of this because of the blinders
    Alyssa Toress:she basically threw a grenade inside the tank
    DM:The shiadar also stops as its DI crystal speaks.
    Ogre Shiadar:“My pilot has been critically wounded.”
    DM:The Di crystyal causes the cockpit to open where Viniira, in the form of a tiger, is crunching on Sythe’s neck. Some templar rush in rapidly and have to pull her off Sythe as they get him to the nearby healing water.
  • Young Geralt leans on his blade and flashes a gin to Viniira as she emerges from the machine… “That’s my girl.”
    DM:Viniira transofrms back to human form, still having blood all over her mouth, a smile on her face.
    Calim Gorn:“Wow… Guess you aren’t the only one who can pull that trick Hachi.”
    Viniira the Horned:“I guess he wasn’t expecting that.”
  • Calim Gorn stands up and applauds
  • Daimyo Takashi Oshiro seems rather pleased by the result.
    Young Geralt:“Great thinking and teamwork.”
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Well fought. It appears that the machines of the empire are not all-powerful.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well now i dont have to fight him”
    Anise Dreamborn:“Yeah you have to be happy about that.”
  • Young Geralt grabs Viniira’s hand and grasps her in an enbrace, not sexual, just glad.
    Young Geralt:no butt grabs… yet
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Viniira helps you voer to the healing water.
  • Young Geralt natural healing also kicking into effect
    DM:heh yeah, I think we forge tto roll for that. Remind me when you’re wounded youg et a d10 roll each round. if you roll less than or equal to your regen rank youh eal 1 wound.
    sythe is brought back to his barracks and his Shiadar, under di crystal control marches back to the storage area.
  • Young Geralt greets his band as they make their way back to the stands.
  • Suzu Ueno walks up to Geralt.
    Suzu Ueno:“I’m glad you’re okay.”
    Calim Gorn:“Great work, I definitely wasn’t expecting something like that. And I take it Sythe wasn’t either.”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Wow that was amazing!”
    Young Geralt:“Thank you Suzu. It was not as bad as some things I’ve had, but damn that thing hits hard.”
    “The victory belongs to Viniira. If not for her that thing would have pulverized me.”
    Anise Dreamborn:“I wouldn’t have thought of that mouse tactic…”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes but if you hadn’t struck the blow that allowed her to infiltrate then her shapeshifting would have been for naught.”
    Young Geralt:“Of course i guess the hole did help…..”
  • Viniira the Horned nods.
    Viniira the Horned:“I couldn’t have made that hole without you.”
    Young Geralt:“We make a good team.”
    Hachikomaru:“An interesting maneuver.”
    Viniira the Horned:“Yeah, wonder if we’ll get to take out the other guy. At this rate, I think we should try calling out the rest of Dragon Band that didn’t participate in the tournament.”
    “We can beat all of them.”
  • Calim Gorn frowns a little
  • Young Geralt fed Viniira some of the healign waters as she helped me….
    Young Geralt:so her wounds shoud be healed too
    DM:Yeah she’s healed too.
    Next up is the match betweene Hamidar Garaz, Suzu and Kaldar.
    Just gonna fast forward through this fight unless you guys want to see it played out heh.
  • Calim Gorn catches Suzu before the fight starts
    Calim Gorn:“Here, I’ll let you borrow this if you want.”
  • Calim Gorn offers her his pistol
    Suzu Ueno:“Really?”
    Calim Gorn:“It served me pretty well. Maybe between you and Hamidar it’ll make the difference.”
    Young Geralt:“Find your strength Suzu. You have it in you, you just have to find it.”
    Calim Gorn:“It’s pretty simple to use. Just adjust the energy output with this toggle here. And then point and pull the trigger.”
    Suzu Ueno:“Oh I see…”
    Calim Gorn:“And don’t worry about breaking it or anything, it’s a prototype so it needs to be put through its paces. Mother will be happy to have the data.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“I wouldn’t be worried about her breaking it. Him on the other hand…” looks to Kaldar across the field
    Calim Gorn:“Well that’s where you come in, right?”
  • Calim Gorn smirks a little
    Calim Gorn:“Good luck to both of you.”
    Suzu Ueno:“Thanks.”
  • Suzu Ueno moves out nervously…
    DM:Hamidar gets in front of her, drawing his blade… though even he seems a bit uneasy… as he’s seen what Kaldar Orun is capable of already.
    Kaldar walks out with his arsenal of weaponry securied to him, as well as his battle armor. \
    What’s the base stats on your pistol Tab?
    Calim Gorn:Ranged damage 4, Variable 2, Multiattack, Extended Range 1
    DM:Ah okay.
    Calim Gorn:It also has the Lethal descriptor
    DM:Okay, Im gonna narratye the results of the battle.
    Calim Gorn:And it has an alt sniper mode that’s Ranged Damage 4, Penetrating 4, Extended Range 3
    And Lethal
    DM:Hamidar attempts his choking attack like he did to Verion, though Kaldar is a much stronger opponent it seems as he comes at him full force nonethless… and obviously the better swordsman…
    Suzu does join the battle too, emboldened by what she saw… getting a few hits in even with the sniper mode and dealing some minor damage to Kaldar…
    Though you watch as Kaldar drops Hamidar with a few well placed blows… as he turns to Suzu… you can see there’s terror in Suzu’s eyes, though the girl seems to have taken some cue’s from all of you perhaps, as she doesnt’ yield right away….
    Calim Gorn:“You can do it, Suzu! Don’t give up!”
    Young Geralt:“Take him Suzu. Fight with all you have!”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:(to Calim and Geralt) “Suzu has no chance out there…”
    Calim Gorn:“Oh she has a chance… A very tiny, miniscule chance… But it’s not zero.”
    Young Geralt:“The same would have been said about Vin and myself.”
    Calim Gorn:“Either way, she deserves our encouragement as her bandmates.”
    DM:Kaldar charges her, though forutnately Suzu manages to knock his blow off course with a shot as he’s coming in, staggering him with a minor wound.
    Even it seems some of dragon band has joined in cheering a bit for Suzu. Including Princess Arielle, Hana and Helenia.
    Calim Gorn:“She needs to learn to have the courage to stand up for herself. Even if she ends up failing in the end, she needs to see that it’s not an impossible fight from the start.”
    Anise Dreamborn:“Yeah nobody wins their first fight.”
    Calim Gorn:“Go, Suzu! Hit him again!”
    DM:Kaldar continues to chop at her and Suzu dodges.. and while it’s clear that Suzu is outmatched in terms of martial skill, through perhaps sheer luck, or maybe the infleunce of the crowd, Suzu manages to evade several fo his blows. getting in another shot or two on her own…
  • Calim Gorn continues cheering her on
    Young Geralt:“That’s good Suzu. Stay mobile and throw him off.”
    Masaru Oshiro:“No matter how well she performs… her family will never accpet her as a warrior. That is the way of Makoro.”
    Young Geralt:Maybe not but WE will."
    DM:Suzu’s fighting skills have improved from your training and aid to her… though finally Kaldar manages to catch up with her… getitng in a lucky blow…
    Young Geralt:“We are what matter at this moment.”
    “Booo, cheap shot.”
    DM:Suzu collapses down as Kaldar’s short blade cuts across her kimono, bloodying it… and causing the Queen to call the match.
    As Suzu lies on the grond and is brought to the fountains by the templar.
    Hachikomaru:brb
    Calim Gorn:“We’re as much her family now as her parents.”
  • Calim Gorn heads down to check on Suzu after the fight
    DM:They’re rather careful with Hamidar to give him healing water in special flasks… to avoid the potential he might corrupt the fountains.
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Daimyo Takashi Oshiro looks down on Kaldar
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:"You are victor. But you took far too long dispatching that girl. "
    “Your mercy will cause you to fail in an actual battle.”
    Kaldar Orun II:“She is a skilled warrior. I was trying my best, but it was a diffiuclt fight.”
  • Calim Gorn smirks
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Excuses will not cover up your weakness. Though your skin is as hard as iron, your heart is soft.”
    Young Geralt:Apparently he doesn’t have problem with all women, just those from Moroko. Since he didn’t seem to mind Viniira."
    Masaru Oshiro:“I have a feeling, he ust really hated Sythe.”
    Calim Gorn:“Well he probably thinks Sythe is a weakling since he used a Shiadar to fight.”
    Alyssa Toress:“well guess hachi and me are gonna fight huh”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Well not this week, but it’s either going to be your group or mine that goes against Kaldar.”
    Masaru Oshiro:“I’m ready for Kaldar.”
    Young Geralt:“What about us?”
    “Vin will be hungry again by next week.”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Well if we end up failing… he’ll face you in the championship. I think that’s how it works.”
  • Young Geralt smirks
    Masaru Oshiro:“If he gets that far. I don’t intend to let him.”
    Young Geralt:“I wish you well Masaru.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, good luck.”
  • Masaru Oshiro nods.
  • Young Geralt will spend the week making some more Penetration Oil.
    Calim Gorn:(to Suzu) “You did well. Kaldar said you were a skilled warrior and that he was fighting his hardest against you.”
    DM:So you all basically return to your barracks for next weeks announcement of who will fight Kaldar.
    Alyssa Toress:“yes you did us proud suzu”
    DM:Hamidar takes a while to heal, though Suzu fortunately like most imbued is back up on her feet. SOmething about Hamidar’s nature makes the healing water work less effective on him.
    Suzu Ueno:“But.. I lost…”
    Young Geralt:“Did you learn from the battle?”
    Suzu Ueno:“I don’t know…”
    Calim Gorn:“Don’t let the loss discourage you. We get stronger through our losses.”
    Alyssa Toress:“anything that doesnt kill you makes you stronger”
    Young Geralt:“All was not lost then. If you live and apply what was learned, then you have won something. i know one thing you won by watching you…. your courage.”
  • Calim Gorn nods, “You were able to hold your own and you made Kaldar work hard for his victory. You weren’t the weak pushover that most people thought you would be.”
    Calim Gorn:“You should be proud of that.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah suzu you did the band and yourself proud”
    Anise Dreamborn:“Yeah Kaldar is a difficult foe.”
    Viniira the Horned:“You did better than Nori.”
    Calim Gorn:lol ouch
    Alyssa Toress:is masaru and greg still in the tournament
    Calim Gorn:Yeah they are
    Alyssa Toress:okay so emerald band.. 3 teams left?
    Calim Gorn:“Did you like using my gun? I can see about getting one like it made for you if you wish.”
    DM:Yeh it’s either gonna be Alyssa or Masaru to fight Kadlar next.
    Yeah… if Alyssa wanted to she could try to influence the next pick heh, since it’s gonna either be her or Masaru.
    And her mother could arrange which one of those it will be probably.
    Alyssa Toress:is sef around
    Young Geralt:((Calim needs pep training, you never state a negative.. now all she heard was “Everyone thingks i’m a weak pushover…. instead say everyone was suprised by the strength and courage you displayed., hehe
    Alyssa Toress:hes my partner
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:i would be happy to fight kalidar
    kaldar
    whatever
    but is sef around?
    Calim Gorn:He was earlier
    DM:yeah I dunno… send him an IM see if he’s there.
    Alyssa Toress:i havent seen him speak in a while i thought
    Calim Gorn:I messaged him before and he said he was watching
    Hachikomaru:im here
    Suzu Ueno:”Yeah… it was able to actually hurt him.. though I don’t think my family would want to let me have a weapon like that.. They say women aren’t meant to carry weapons."
    Alyssa Toress:he said he was around
    DM:Alright so is Alyssa gonna arrange it so hs’es got Kaldar instead of Masaru?
    Alyssa Toress:“hachi and i will put an end to his ways”
    yeah!
    DM:heh okay.
    Alyssa Toress:“hachi you should break out the giant dog”
    Calim Gorn:“You’re a knight of the empire, you should use whatever weapon suits you. I understand wanting to gain the approval of your family, but your duty to Aylanae comes before them.”
    Young Geralt:“You are your own person, your family does not dictate who you are or what you become.”
    Hachikomaru:“I do not think that would be a good idea.”
    Alyssa Toress:“isn’t it really strong?”
    Hachikomaru:‘I don’t want to accidently eat someone."
    “I skipped breakfast.”
    Suzu Ueno:“It does?”
  • Hachikomaru jokes.
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“And as Geralt said, you are your own person. You should follow your own whims.”
    Suzu Ueno:“I don’t think my father would approve of that…”
    Alyssa Toress:“calim is right you are a knight, the empire comes before family”
    DM:The next day btw ,it’s announced that Alyssa and Hachi will be going against Kaldar….
    Alyssa Toress:“we can do this hachi”
    Hachikomaru:“We shall see anyway.”
    Young Geralt:“You wish to honor your family? i know family honor is strong in your culture. What if you became a mighty warrior in your own way and saved the Kingdom. Do you believe they would not be honored by your efforts.”
    DM:Also I amg onna give Kaldar 1 hero point he can use… since he’s won several victories now :)
    Alyssa Toress:damn
    Suzu Ueno:“Maybe if I lived somewhere else. but not in Makoro.”
    Calim Gorn:“Even if they may disapprove of your methods, the fact that you serve the empire is a higher calling and a greater honor than what would be bestowed upon you by winning their approval.”
    Suzu Ueno:Kaldar Orun II gains a hero point.
    Alyssa Toress:can i crit on an affliction?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah you can
    If it has an attack roll
    Alyssa Toress:wowzors
    DM:Yeah anything with an attack roll you can crit on.
    Alyssa Toress:ah so its dnd style
    DM:If you made mods to your char sheet lemme see the new one
    so I can check everything over.
    Alyssa Toress:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WLS_jmiwtTk0cZO7Q2neHqiMZrNVVzDYAdeJiaEvBxE/edit?usp=sharing
    Young Geralt:“I heard a tale of a woman in a culture much like your own. She had to fake being a man to join the army in an attempt to save her crippled father. She could not be revealed of shame and death would come upon her. Yet she had skill and excelled in training, in ways beyond pure stregth. When the moment of truth came she saved her Emperor from an invading army and attempt at assassination. She changed everything.”
    Alyssa Toress:check out that 0 dodge and parry
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:what are you, like magneto with a force field and standing still?
    Alyssa Toress:i guess!
    Young Geralt:“Look at Vin. Do you doubt her just because she is a woman?”
    DM:yuor sheet looks kinda screwed up
    can you do it on actual excel.
    Hachikomaru:yeah thats like one of tabs AC 30, and 10 hp builds :-p
    Alyssa Toress:like what
    Hachikomaru:cept inverted
    DM:that one aint’ doing the maht right.
    Alyssa Toress:right now?
    no i cant
    the math is fine
    Calim Gorn:“You should come with us this summer, see how the rest of the empire lives. I can make the arrangements for you.”
    “There’s a lot to explore. A lot of ways to go about things other than the way Makoro does.”
    Alyssa Toress:okay i am making an excel sheet
    Calim Gorn:Heh it’s probably Google Docs not wanting to cooperate with the macros
    DM:Yeah heh.
    That thing has a bunch of errors like it doesn’t add his toughness right lol.
    Calim Gorn:Well he doesn’t have any Toughness in that build lol
    DM:I can tell the formulas are off.
    nah h’es 100% toughnes.
    Calim Gorn:Oh wait yeah that’s right
    Herp
    DM:says he has 2 toughness lol, when he’s got 4 stamina. lol.
    So I know the formulas got fucked.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Think that thing takes off the protection on the sheet so you can screw with the formulas.
    So fi you type in the wrong box it nukes the sheet basically
    that’s why I want people to use actual excel heh
    since it obeys the sheet protection
    There’s another week between matches between Kaldar and team Alyssa.
    Alyssa Toress:okay i did the excell sheet
    how do i upload it
    Calim Gorn:Probably just email it to him
    DM:Just email it or use this site that Sef found. https://www.justbeamit.com/
    Alyssa Toress:http://www.filedropper.com/alyssatoresspl7
    DM:That’ll let upload something then sned me a link. and I can DL it that way.
    Or that.
    that works too okay lemme check i tout
    Alyssa Toress:https://www.justbeamit.com/nwrhf
    DM:Got it from your other link.
    Alyssa Toress:its not totally done but i finished lal the combat stat stuff
    i left off like my senses and language stuff
    to get it done faster
    DM:okay
    yeah looks good on a cursor glance
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    DM:make sure to adjust your token stats
    Alyssa Toress:oh i forgot my sword
    DM:with F6.
    Alyssa Toress:but i wasnt gonna use the sword
    okay
    i am ready
    DM:ok
    moving you to theb attlefield.
    wel your token still says your parry is 10
    heh./. you probaby want to change that.
    otehrwise the macros are gonna not work
    Alyssa Toress:i did change it
    to zero
    10 is my total
    not my bonus
    Kaldar Orun II:oh okay.
    yeah okay it’s working
    DM:The battle is called as the participants step onto the field… Kaldar on one side, and Alyssa and Hachi on the other… everoyne cheers for Alyssa and offers her words of encouragement.
    Kaldar Orun II:“Know that I shall not hold back in this contest as many would.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yeah yeah whatever”
    Kaldar Orun II:“Good luck.”
    Alyssa Toress:“and you as well”
    DM:Sef going to start in giant dog form?
    Or you gonna be in human form?
    Calim Gorn:Unleash the beast
    Young Geralt:“I wonder if Kaldar has been instructed to throw this match like the last opponent. Got to love those politics.”
    Calim Gorn:“Anything is possible.”
    DM:Oshiro seems to forgo his usual demotivators and simply starts the fight with little but the formalites…
    Hamidar Garaz:“Some have said that House Orun is too foolish to yield.”
    Alyssa Toress:yeah!
    yeah boy!
    DM:And with that.. the fight begins…. Kaldar holding his lance in hand.
    Alyssa Toress:do i have to wait for you to say my turn
    okay i am gonna fly like halfway towards him
    like there
    gonna cast gods judgement at him
    and power stunt
    to make it rank 14
    gonna get fatigued or whatever
    DM:okay.
    Roll your attack roll.
    Alyssa Toress:thats a crit
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:heh wow…
    Alyssa Toress:also i am not sure that rolled my bonus right
    DM:yeah it didn’t but it’s a crit anyway
    Alyssa Toress:i am supposed to have +2 to ranged attack
    okay
    Calim Gorn:I hope that’s a will save lol
    Alyssa Toress:yeah its will based
    Calim Gorn:Yeah he’s fucked
    Hachikomaru:eye melter spell
    Calim Gorn:DC 29 will
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 19) Roll Result: 11 ( natural:5 , Save DC:29 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    he’s gonna use his hero point heh.
    For whatever reason the prompt didn’t come up.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II spends a Hero Point for : Reroll
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) Roll Result: 24 ( natural:18 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Success
    Alyssa Toress:fuck
    Calim Gorn:Heh that should still be a fail by 1
    The DC was 29 with the crit
    DM:wait yeah
    Oh yeah… wait I may have forgot to apply the crit.
    So yeah that’s a fail by 1.
    Alyssa Toress:so hes impaired
    DM:yeah he’s impaired. so 2 to all his stuff.
    Alyssa Toress:done
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:He staggers a bit taking the spell… focusing his will to try to resist it.
    Hachikomaru:can i close the distance for melee range with a 60’ move?
    DM:yeah
    Hachikomaru:not sure if distances were accurate
    DM:you can get into melee
    Yeah they are
    Hachikomaru:alright, I’ll spend a hero point and power stunt the good ole G maneuver
    aka ye ole clawed heart punch
    gonna see if i can bring him down Sef style
    Calim Gorn:Five point exploding palm?
    Hachikomaru:what did you decide on power stunt rule wise?
    does it give pts, or just the flat +2 pl?
    Calim Gorn:It’s still the same, it adds 5 points
    DM:w’re still doing the +5
    Alyssa Toress:gonna make a test roll
    Young Geralt:flat +2
    DM:I was just toying with changinbg it
    Young Geralt:i thought
    Hachikomaru:alright sec
    Alyssa Toress:hmm
    am i supposed to add my attack modifier manually?
    DM:Nah, basically what happens is its autocapping you at PL7
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    DM:For power stunts you kinda gotta do em manually
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    DM:try it at 12 and it’ll work
    It’s just it cuts off youra ttack bonus if it e xceeds the rank
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    DM:you could manually put in a +2 I think. not sure if that’d work or n ot
    but yeah it’s because of the cap
    I probably should have an overcap checkbox but I never added that yet.
    Sef you know what you’re gonna do?
    Hachikomaru:just calcing
    Alyssa Toress:hes gonna rip his heart out like he did to G
    then eat it
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:heh think I’m gonna go to +2 to flat power rank instea dof the +5 points
    Calim Gorn:Bah
    DM:So less time with math
    Calim Gorn:Come on
    Hachikomaru:lol
    ok well now lemme uncalc :-p
    Calim Gorn:Let the people who can add keep the +5 =P
    Hachikomaru:make up yer mind
    DM:heh, well I changed it now that you’re taking so long.
    Alyssa Toress:i did mine on time :(
    DM:I was giving it a chance to see if it’d slow down play
    Alyssa Toress:but i just did +2 to rank…
    DM:and since it did…
    gonna change it
    Calim Gorn:I don’t care if it slows down play
    Keep it +5
    DM:well I do care :P
    +2 to rank is easier to remember anyway
    Calim Gorn:That’s so damn lame
    The +5 points is way more versatile
    DM:yeah I know… but if people aren’t quick with it, it just lags play.
    Fundament rule of tabletop RPG design: if the rule is slow, toss it./
    Calim Gorn:Well hey having combats is way slower than just declaring that we win =P
    DM:And y ou used your hero point to counter fatigue?
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    DM:okay burn that
    Hachikomaru:actually, i forgot you dont have to spend a HP to do a power stunt
    i always forget that and think you have to spend a HP to use one period
    so nah I’ll eat the fatigue
    i prefer to save em for rerolls
    DM:okay, well you gonna reroll the 15 or take it?
    Young Geralt:but that is too random, i mean who would ahev thought we would beat Sythe
    Hachikomaru:one question
    you keep the second roll or take best?
    i forgot
    Calim Gorn:Keep second roll
    Alyssa Toress:but if its 10 or below
    Hachikomaru:im half asleep, didnt get to bed till 5pm, and got up at 7:30pm
    Alyssa Toress:you get +10 to it
    so if you roll a 10? its a 20
    DM:yeh though not a natural 20.
    Hachikomaru:alright I’ll spend it on a reroll
    DM:So it won’t give you a crit for instance
    Alyssa Toress:well it could crit
    just not automatic
    Calim Gorn:lol, add 10 to that
    So 17
    Hachikomaru:2 pts better at least i guess
    Calim Gorn:And his defnese are at -2 from Alyssa’s spell
    defenses*
    Or maybe that’s only active checks, hmm
    Alyssa Toress:i think its rolls only
    DM:Yeah it’s just rolls I believe.
    Alyssa Toress:so passive defenses no
    but a tougness check he rolls? yeah
    DM:okay that’s gonna hit spend your heor point with F8.
    Alyssa Toress:hopefully he gets at least 1 failure
    DM:He does get a +1 bonus from his limited protection. though also -2 from being impaired so net -1
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) , Modifier -1 Roll Result: 14 ( natural:6 , Modifier -1 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 2 degrees
    Alyssa Toress:nice
    DM:Thea ttack dazes him.. but Kaldar is still on the attack.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:come on team attractive 2!
    we can do it
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Team Splendor
    Alyssa Toress:i need a magical girl transformation
    Hachikomaru:I’ll just wear his sword arm out with my face
    like rocky
    Young Geralt:“Take him down.”
    DM:Kaldar feigns a thrust at Hachi to keep him at bay with his lance… then rapidly leaps back and proceeds to summon up his strength and hurls his lance at Alyssa with all hi smight.
    Alyssa Toress:that will hit
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Ranged, +0, rank 11 Damage) PA 5 AOA 3Roll Result: 9 (11) Effect Rank: 16
    Alyssa Toress:misses!
    Calim Gorn:LOL
    Holy shit I can’t believe he missed
    Alyssa Toress:he couldnt hit someone with 0 dodge
    DM:wait that’s screwed up…
    Alyssa Toress:no it didnt
    DM:he rolled an 11…
    Alyssa Toress:it clearly missed
    DM:it’s subtracting 2 for some reason…
    Alyssa Toress:he gets 2 to rollls
    Calim Gorn:Well he’s Impaired
    Alyssa Toress:from my impaired on him
    Calim Gorn:He has -2 to all checks
    DM:oh right.
    Well wait lemme do the maht… it didn’ty havce his attack bonus right.
    Alyssa Toress:oh come on
    Calim Gorn:lol
    You need to fix your roller T
    DM:Should have +5 base
    Calim Gorn:Well the AoA was only 3
    So he’s at net -2
    DM:Then -5 from AP 5, and AOA 3.
    So 11 + 3, -2. Gives him a 10
    Calim Gorn:And -2 from Impaired
    DM:Actally that should barely hit.
    Alyssa Toress:bah
    Calim Gorn:Tank it up
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    DM:Yeah give me a toughness check
    Alyssa Toress:how do i do that
    DM:F3
    Calim Gorn:Hit the Resistance button
    DM:Shift-F3 rather
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    Bounces off
    DM:Yeah it does bounce off.
    Calim Gorn:lol damn that was a rank 16 attack?
    DM:The lance nearly penetrates your shield stopping inches from your chest… but stops…
    Calim Gorn:Oh yeah guess it was
    His lance is 11 base
    Alyssa Toress:i guess he lost his lance
    DM:Yeah his lance lands on the ground somewhere in the distnace.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:gonna icy hunt stuntarz a gods judgement rank 14 at him
    DM:oh wait and he gets a save aginst your effect.
    to try to end the impair
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    dont forget the -2!
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) Roll Result: 7 ( natural:1 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 4 degrees
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:oh yeah forgot that but it doens’t matter
    Calim Gorn:Too bad that can’t knock him out
    DM:he faield.
    Yeah you’d need progressive or whatever that is on the affliction
    where it continues to fuck him if he fails
    Alright he doesn’t shake off the impair.
    Alyssa Toress:i dunno if that was the right thing to choose
    or not
    DM:that’s fine
    Alyssa Toress:or was it ignore fatigue?
    DM:doesn’t really matter
    tehcnically it should be ingore fatigue, but whatever. Not like the macro does anything special regardless.
    Alyssa Toress:fuck
    i roll a 5 twice?!
    DM:actually with his all out attack that’ll hit him.
    Alyssa Toress:nice
    15 not a crit sadly
    Calim Gorn:So that’s another will save at 2
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier -2 Roll Result: 24 ( natural:20 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Success
    Calim Gorn:Holy shit
    DM:wow.. natural 20 lol.
    Alyssa Toress:done
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“The puny warriors of Rahseld are no match for a warrior fo Makoro.”
    DM:Sef?
    Alyssa Toress:hey man fuck you i soaked a fucking rank 16 lance
    Hachikomaru:sorry
    im here
    DM:Oshiro just blamed that on his throw being weak :P
    Alyssa Toress:lol fuck that
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:I’ll go for a grab with my tail
    DM:okay give me an attack roll
    That’s gonna hit.
    Hachikomaru:have improved grab, so i have a free hand still or whatnot
    DM:lemme see how grab works again…
    okay he makes aresistance of strengthy or dodge aginst your str
    He’lll use his str.
    Hachikomaru:my STR is 3 currently
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:And he triumphs. The mighty Kaldar pulling free of your attakc.
    Kaldar leaps at Alyssa… making an impressively powerful leap up into the air, drawing his sword mdiair and cutting iwth it.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah the warriors of Makoro are so fearsome that he’s completely ignoring the threat of one
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    Calim Gorn:Does he have Move by Attack or whatever the talent is?
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 4 Modifier -2Roll Result: 3 (5) Effect Rank: 12
    Calim Gorn:lol holy shit
    Alyssa Toress:gonna say that misses
    DM:He swings but misses…
    His attack is clumsy… perhaps from Hachi’s tail tripping him up some and his already present fatigue…
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:gonna try a normal god’s judgement
    not a stunted one
    lol
    a 2
    done
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“As you can see he choses to attack the girl and flees from Hachi.”
    “Fight a real opponent you coward!” (yells to Kaldar)
    Hachikomaru:lol he’s always got something to say
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:“He’s going after the opponent that poses a greater danger to him, heh.”
    Hachikomaru:“It seems, I have been underestimated.”
    DM:You gonna try to yell that to the daimyo Tab? lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol nah
  • Hachikomaru transforms, to try and get the heat off the princess.
    Hachikomaru:hopefulyl the size will at least draw his attention
    Alyssa Toress:lol i am fine
    he hasnt done any damage yet
    i went all tank
  • Hachikomaru thunders past the princess and swipes a huge paw at the warrior.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar rollsunder the paw attack.
    He tries another leap up at Alyssa… since you’re between them Sef I’ll give you an acro check to try to stop him (ro just untrained agilityx2)
    Course if you stop him, he’ll probably end up just attacking you.
    Calim Gorn:I love how he’s ignoring the kaiju to attack the little girl
    Alyssa Toress:(the little girl is a big threat)
    DM:lol well he knows that will save magic is a bitch. :P
    Alyssa Toress:yeah i am gonna guess his will save is much lower than his toughness
    Calim Gorn:Yeah it is, lol
    Hachikomaru:Sure
    Alyssa Toress:one of these attacks i am gonna connect big time
    Hachikomaru:actually pointless
    DM:okay.
    Hachikomaru:my acro is dog mode is prolly a negative
    yeah +0
    DM:Hachi decides not to try to intercept.
    Alyssa Toress:okay roll it up
    DM:Wow you actually stopped him.. he’s not all that acrobatic.. more str based.. so you manage to block his ump forcing him to engage you instaed.
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    DM:He comes at you with his sword.
    Kaldar Orun II:“You’re nothing more than a bigger target!”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) Defensive Attack 4 Modifier 2Roll Result: 9 (8) Effect Rank: 9
    DM:A bigger target that he somehow misses.
    he gets a save to remove the impair.
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier -2 Roll Result: 7 ( natural:3 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 4 degrees
    nope
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Yeah should have put progressive on it
    Alyssa Toress:another will attack
    sorry!
    i will next time
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:heh well progressive is expensive as hell
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, wouldn’t have been able to make it rank 14
    Alyssa Toress:that misses i guess
    Calim Gorn:Probably misses since he’s going defensive
    Alyssa Toress:since yeah hes defensive
    done
    DM:Kaldar rolls to the side and evds the blast of magical energy.
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
  • Hachikomaru goes for a bite this time, having toyed around enough.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah progressive is +2 per rank
    that would be super expensive
    progressive would cost 4 points per rank total
    DM:that’s gonna hit him…btw this an acid attack?
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    DM:Or is this just a regular bite.
    Hachikomaru:nah he’s going all out
    DM:Okay all your bites are acidic? okay good to know.
    Hachikomaru:in all his drooling glory
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Yeah i ust wanted to know if all your bites were automatically acidic. I guess they are heh.
    Hachikomaru:kaldar said he wasnt holding back, so doing the same
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) , Modifier 1 Roll Result: 24 ( natural:18 , Modifier -1 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Success
    Calim Gorn:lol geez
    DM:Kaldar soaks the attack.. taking no damage.
    Hachikomaru:that has improved grab on it, tho not sure how it works exactly
    Calim Gorn:Lets you make a grab check for free
    Hachikomaru:if i land a bite, do i get a free grab check or something?
    DM:Think fast grab is the one that gives you a free grab. or is that improved? I forget
    Hachikomaru:yeah im not sure how it works, i just know t added it on there when he revised my sheet way back
    ok yeah thats fast grab
    Calim Gorn:Oh yeah it just says you can use one arm and aren’t vulnerable
    Hachikomaru:thats the free grab on an unarmed atk
    DM:yeah improved just means it doesn’t take up an arm.
    Hachikomaru:roger
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:This round Kaldar seems to be using some fancy footwork… trying to go underneath Hachi dodging under himn effectively ot make it hard for Alyssa to land a shot.. while attacking.
    Gonna give Hachi an acro check vs Kaldar’s Acro basically to represent how well he can hide under your large form.
    heh well I guess you can’t bbeat that with +0
    but check degree of success anyway
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:heh wow..
    you manage to give him a slight advantage on his defense but not a great one…
    Alyssa Toress:http://www.filedropper.com/alyssatoresspl7_1 hey my sword attack was missing from the last sheet i sent ya
    http://www.filedropper.com/alyssatoresspl7_1
    DM:As he attacks Hachi from below or tries to.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 2 Defensive Attack 4Roll Result: 6 (5) Effect Rank: 11
    DM:But he misses again
    Attempt to will save and clear affliciton…
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier 2 Roll Result: 20 ( natural:16 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Failure by 1 degrees
    Alyssa Toress:wow
    barely
    DM:nope…
    yeah he basically needs a natural 20 to clear it.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Heh should be higher than that, she hit him with a crit so he should be saving against DC 29
    DM:Don’t think crit affects the ongoing affliction
    Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna fly up close to him and used unlimited bladeworks my sword on him
    DM:It’s only the intial hit
    Calim Gorn:Ahh
    DM:heh okay
    Alyssa Toress:sigh
    done
    DM:You come at him with your blade but miss… engaging him in melee.
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“I thought it was the cat and not the dog that played with its food.”
  • Hachikomaru transforms back into his human form, and lashes out with a green glowing mana infused acid claw attack,
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:whiff whiff whiff
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Kaldar parries the strike and turns to the princess who is now in melee.
    Hachikomaru:i think everyone in the whole battle must have goggles on
    welding goggles apparently
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 2 Defensive Attack 4Roll Result: 6 (5) Effect Rank: 11
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    DM:lol and misses
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:no one can land a hit haha
    Alyssa Toress:another sword
    thats a crit
    Calim Gorn:That’s better
    Alyssa Toress:and multi attack
    DM:wekll with his defensive attack it doens’t ggrant any multi bonus
    since it’s just a 23
    Alyssa Toress:awww
    DM:But the crit does work
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 16) , Modifier 2 Roll Result: 24 ( natural:19 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:31 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Failure by 2 degrees
    Alyssa Toress:yeah!
    then i am gonna fly up again
    DM:The blow dazes him as the sword cuts into him.
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:Same ole same ole
  • Hachikomaru channels Teh 20s.
    Vilar Elfglow:“Kaldar is a mighty warrior. I wish I could be that good.”
    DM:that’ll barely hit him
    Hachikomaru:thats a threat, or whatever its called, 18
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) , Modifier 1 Roll Result: 22 ( natural:18 , Modifier -1 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Failure by 1 degrees
    Hachikomaru:you add the +5 for crit?
    DM:oh no
    didn’t know that wsa a crit.
    Hachikomaru:yeah it was an 18
    DM:oh okay.
    Hachikomaru:has imprvoed crit 2
    DM:Yeah that’ll be another owund and daze him
    Hachikomaru:it was rank 9 due to PA
    DM:well he’s already dazed so nothng further there
    Hachikomaru:not 4 actually
    DM:yeah I got the rank 9.
    Hachikomaru:ok
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:wat it skipped him
    Alyssa Toress:okay just take his turn then
    Hachikomaru:yeah we prolly hit button same time or something
    DM:Since he’s dazed he can’t try to use Hachi for cover with his move action so he’ll just do a regular attack on Hachi
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) Defensive Attack 5Roll Result: 8 (6) Effect Rank: 9
    DM:And misses again.
    Alright now Alyssa is up
    Calim Gorn:Man I wish he rolled like this against me
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    gonna close up to him
    go for the kill shot
    Hachikomaru:we’re gonna pass out from exhaustion before we ko from wounds
    Alyssa Toress:UNLIMITED BLADEWORKS
    crit
    DM:oh he should have also got a will save to end your efect… one sec… lemme roll that first to see if he has the 2
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier -2 Roll Result: 20 ( natural:16 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 1 degrees
    nope… okay now toughness
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 16) , Modifier 2 Roll Result: 21 ( natural:20 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:31 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Failure by 2 degrees
    Alyssa Toress:ol
    DM:wo…
    wow.
    natural 20 on his toughness
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:of course
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:he has like 6 or 7 wounds at this point
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:slug fest
    Alyssa Toress:is he gonna go after me again?
    DM:He tries another attck on Alyssa trying to bring her down…
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) Defensive Attack 5Roll Result: 15 (13) Effect Rank: 9
    DM:That’s gonna hit..
    Calim Gorn:lol awesome
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:gonna sword him again
    DM:Oh and his save to end the impair
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier 2 Roll Result: 20 ( natural:16 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Failure by 1 degrees
    nope
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:He parries the sword blow.. e ven bleeding and woundedh e’s a tenacious foe.
    Alyssa Toress:he i am good too
    i soaked all his attacks so far
    i am gonna make masarus dad eat shit
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:okay roll your attack me :P
    DM:Kaldar continues engaging Alyssa, pretty content in his abilites to hold off Hachi.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 5 Defensive Attack 5Roll Result: 12 (15) Effect Rank: 14
    Hachikomaru:yeah i must have exhausted all my 20s last session
    Alyssa Toress:damn
    Calim Gorn:lolololol
    DM:And hits. technically that should be 10 with the 2.. but…
    that stillh its.
    Alyssa Toress:how many failures
    DM:3 degrees.
    Calim Gorn:lol damn
    Alyssa Toress:am i stunned or something
    Calim Gorn:Staggered, heh
    DM:The queen flinches a bit as she sees Alyssa’s shield shattered by the powerful blow.. and princess Arielle gasps as the first cut appears on her… as Kaldar’s longblade does its work…
    Calim Gorn:Means you can only do a move or an attack
    DM:Yeah staggered that means you only get a move or attack, not both. So you can’t disengage, unless it’ all you do.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:And Kaldar’s will save…
    Calim Gorn:Can only get rid of it with a Recover action
    Alyssa Toress:FULL ATTACK
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier -2 Roll Result: 10 ( natural:6 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 3 degrees
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:me and him are just gonna stand here slugging
  • Hachikomaru grows a bit frustrated as he winds up with another G maneuver, going for the kill.
    Alyssa Toress:a girl versus the mountain
    DM:Well you do have the hound helping you :P
    Kaldar’s defensive stance blocks your claw attack… deflecting the blow.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:He moves in at Alyssa… trying to finihs her off.
    Hachikomaru:“We’re going to have to take a break to eat and sleep if this keeps up.”
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 4 Defensive Attack 5 Modifier 2Roll Result: 5 (9) Effect Rank: 13
    Alyssa Toress:nope
    DM:He swings but mises..
    Alyssa Toress:make your save
    DM:Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier -2 Roll Result: 17 ( natural:13 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 2 degrees
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar parries Alyssa’s Aela-construct sword.
    Daimyo Oshiro’s displeasure has grown and grown as the match persisted…
    Alyssa Toress:irresistible force versus immovable object
  • Hachikomaru take another mighty swipe going for the exposed neck between helm and armor.
    Hachikomaru:lol i knew it
    the damn macro roller always rolls better for me
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    Hachikomaru:thats why i tried it lol
    i knew something was off :-p haha
    Calim Gorn:Wait where does the 8 modifier come in
    Hachikomaru:8 fighting, 4 dmg
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:yeah you added your 8 twice.
    Calim Gorn:It should already be counting that, heh
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:the macro already adds the
    8
    Alyssa Toress:so its 23 not 31
    but still a crit
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:So that should be a 23
    Hachikomaru:ah ok well whatever, it was a nat 20
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:Yeah that still crits him
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier 1 Roll Result: 17 ( natural:17 , Modifier -1 , Save DC:29 ) Kaldar Orun II -—— Failure by 3 degrees
    Alyssa Toress:he cant sustain another hit
    Calim Gorn:Almost there
    Alyssa Toress:hes at like 10 wounds
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar takes a slash to his neck.. starting to blee dhim out a bit.. but he’s still coming… and he tries to take down Alyssa.
    Hachikomaru:looks like john mclain
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Alyssa Toress:HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANZ
    HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANZ
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 4 Defensive Attack 5 Modifier 2Roll Result: 7 (11) Effect Rank: 13
    Alyssa Toress:why did you blow up the damn building hanz
    DM:But misses her.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:Blood poors from his neck as the acid mixes in… dissolving some of his armor in that location… and staining it red.. he looks totally awful at this point.. his body covered in cuts and acid burns…
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    longest combat ever
    Hachikomaru:20 followed by 1
    talk about swing in luck
    DM:Kaldar contineus his attack on Aylssa.
    Alyssa Toress:i rolled 3 20’s in a row then a 1
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 5 Defensive Attack 5Roll Result: -2 (1) Effect Rank: 14
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    DM:He swings but misses wildly…
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:yeah you must been siphoning off my 20s
    luck drain power
    Alyssa Toress:does that hit
    also its a crit
    DM:With his defnesive attack that’s a miss
    Calim Gorn:Nah misses with his defensive
    Alyssa Toress:damn
    whats his ac?
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Heh like a 21 with the Defensive attack
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    DM:He parries Hachi as well.
    Alyssa Toress:lol when is the match gonna be called because its night time?
    Hachikomaru:haha yeah gonna have to take an intermission like the opera or something
    Young Geralt:haha
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Everyone seems to marvel at Kaldar’s ability to hld off both of you at once… Even Oshiro seems to respect it…
    Young Geralt:if Geralt and Vin were out there it would be over already…. ;P
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:As he contineus his attack on Alyssa.
    Alyssa Toress:i dont know about that
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 4 Defensive Attack 5 Modifier -2Roll Result: 11 (15) Effect Rank: 13
    DM:And lands a blow.
    Calim Gorn:Heh well that’ll hit
    Young Geralt:just messing with ya
    Calim Gorn:lol nice
    Hachikomaru:die hard indeed
    DM:But you mange to soak the blow.
    Will save versus Affliction (Effect Rank: 14) , Modifier -2 Roll Result: 13 ( natural:9 , Modifier -2 , Save DC:24 ) Kaldar Orun II -
    —— Failure by 3 degrees
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:dont say whats hes doing T just roll the attack :P
    DM:The battle goes on… and assuming nothing happens at the end of this round with Kaldar’s attack… the Imperion is gonna call it a draw.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 5 Defensive Attack 5 Modifier -2Roll Result: 4 (9) Effect Rank: 14
    Calim Gorn:Laaaaame
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    DM:Yeah he missed..
    Calim Gorn:They can totally beat him, fuck that draw shit
    Imperion Terl:“I call this match a draw… both sides have fought bravely.”
    Alyssa Toress:its almost midnight this fight has lasted like 2 hours
    “you are a tough one kaldar”
    Imperion Terl:“let both sides know they have earned the respect of Aylanae, and proven themselves formidable warriors.”
  • Kaldar Orun II nods.
    Kaldar Orun II:“You as well princess…”
    Hachikomaru:“I should have ate breakfast.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i hope i proved i am not just my looks today”
    DM:Kaldar makes his way to the healing fountain the acid still buirning through his chest and neck, even though he tries not to show the pain.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah i’ll get healed up too
  • Hachikomaru bows, growing a bit bored and restless.
    Alyssa Toress:did hachi get any wounds?
    Hachikomaru:no
    Alyssa Toress:so it was just me and kaldar trading attacks while standing still for an hour
    Calim Gorn:lol pretty much
    Hachikomaru:he swiped at me when i was transformed but yeah pretty much
    Alyssa Toress:most anti climatic game of thrones episode either
    they just hack at each other until everyone gives up
    Young Geralt:what does Oshiro have to say about that?
    Calim Gorn:lol
    He’ll just claim Kaldar is weak probably
    Couldn’t defeat a girl, pitiful excuse for a warrior etc
    Alyssa Toress:fuck that my new toughness focused build worked great
    DM:Oshiro doesn’t seem to have any specifc comment on it.. finding it rather difficult to say too much after what happened.
    Young Geralt:“Great job Hachi and Alyssa. Too bad you couldn’t eliminate him though.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i could have gotten him if we kept going”
    Young Geralt:“Does this mean he remains in the tourney against another team since that was a draw.”
  • Hachikomaru doesn’t seem too concerned. “It was good practice.”
    Imperion Terl:“indeed… Kaldar Orun remains in the competition, though should he advance to the finals, then Alyssa and Hachi shall get a rematch against him.”
    Hachikomaru:“Best bring a snack next time.”
    Alyssa Toress:do we earn hero points?
    Masaru Oshiro:“Then it is our turn to take him on then?”
    DM:yeah lemme give you each 1 pt
    G too
    Young Geralt gains a hero point. , Alyssa Toress gains a hero point. , Hachikomaru gains a hero point.
    Young Geralt:we goig to jump ahead and do the next match?
    tonight
    Calim Gorn:Heh well the next one will be all description
    And hopefully they win so we don’t have to do another match and can move on =P
    Young Geralt:also did i make my blade oil over the past week… rolled 18
    DM:heh okay
    yeah you’re gonna need that against Kaldar :)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:You’re not quite sure if Masaru’s katana will be enough to breach Kaldar’s skin from what you’ve seen of it… so you could try offering it to him for his next match.
    Or just stocking it for your own battle…
    Young Geralt:depends on if i get more than 1
    DM:well you only have one at one point. I beleive you can make another given time
    Young Geralt:so tat was the week of prep for the match that just happened, do we have another week now?
    DM:But you can’t keep a huge reserve of em. heh. Basically to use more than one without the time to build em takes a hero point
    So you can’t just have a giant rack of inventions and such
    Yeah you’ll have another week, as Masaru/Gregorio vs Kaldar is the next match
    Young Geralt:oh, so i can’t have 2 on hand?
    1 for each week
    DM:Yeh with inventions you just have one basiclaly and it lasts a scene.
    Then to use it again you need to spend a hero point
    you coudl spend a hero point to have another dose.
    Though there’s no formal inventory where you ca just keep crafting them.
    Young Geralt:well i’ll need that HP for my suck ass rols
    DM:heh.
    Young Geralt:can you have a different item?
    or just 1 across the board?
    DM:You’re bsaically allowed to have one created invention on hand at once. There is an exception if youh ave multiple inventor advantages. so a ritualist, inventor and artificer could have one of each.
    Young Geralt:how wold i create an inventory of potions and oils under this system?
    DM:Presumably you could spend advantage points to have an extra on hand.
    Also you can also just purchase them as well with poinst to make them apermanent power.
    You could take the unreliable (5 uses) if you wanted to simulate it having limtied charges of stuff
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh, you’d spend points to make them permanently part of your character
    DM:So I’d probably make an array called “potions” and give them all limited uses.
    Young Geralt:ok, maybe down the road for that
    DM:yeah.
    I actually wnated to reread the invention bit in the gadget guide it’s been a while, so wanted to review the specifcs.
    Young Geralt:also how would you apply the “toxicity factor” meaning that Geralt can only imbibe so many at a lime, some sort of limited feature?
    of course i guess the array handles that
    DM:Yeah.
    Young Geralt:just 1 at a time
    DM:I mean ana rray you can only use 1 at a time anyway
    Young Geralt:or the maybe have selectable features representing different concoctions
    ok, so going to narrate Masaru’s fight?
    DM:Yeah. you’d also potentially be able to power stunt on your potion array too
    to represent a special thing you’d have.
    Yeah was going to get to that.
    Alright so Geralt keeps the oil he made… and Masaru and Gregorio move out to fight against Kaldar… all healed up with new armor… the acid didn’t scar him apparently as it did Geralt.
    Masaru takes the lead with Gregorio behind… Masaru rushing at his foe, showing little in the way of fear…though his confidence is quickly shattered as his katana seems unbale to penetrate Kaldar’s defenses.
    Gregorio’s lightning at least seems to have some effect, but Kaldar mangaes to take him down with a hailf of his throwing knives.
    Masaru calls upon all his ki.. using some kind of speical sword technique boosting his strength and allowing him to penentrate Kaldar’s skin, though greatly fatiguing him…
    He does manage to land a powerful blow, opening up Kaldar’s stomach, but as you’ve seen Kaldar is not so easily stopped…
    And he proceeds to smash Masarui’s katana with a powerful blow of his sword… Masaru contineus to fight what is probably a hopeless battle, exhausting himself nearly to the point of death trying to summon what ki he can, but is finally taken down by Kaldar’s shortblade in the gut.
    Calim Gorn:Well so much for that
    “I propose a ‘no Kaldar’ rule for the next tournament.”
    Anise Dreamborn:“He’s taking down our band practically singlehanded…”
    Alyssa Toress:“i mean me and hachi didn’t lose”
    Viniira the Horned:“Geralt and I are next.. we’ll take him down.”
    Nori Yuudai:“i wouldn’t be so sure.. you see what that guy can do?”
    Hamidar Garaz:“He’s like fightiung a shiadar…”
    Calim Gorn:“Well, Geralt and Viniira did win against one of those.”
    Young Geralt:looking back at Kaldar’s rolls there is no effec rank, any clue as to the power of his attacks?
    Alyssa Toress:“hes probably tougher than a siadar”
    DM:he uses a variety of weapons, but you’d guess is strnegth to be around rank 4-8 soewhee.
    Hachikomaru:“You certainly are, your highness.”
    Young Geralt:ok
    Nori Yuudai:“Yeah the earth demons don’t have a chance with that guy on our side.”
    DM:Okay… so we want to do the Geralt f ight tonight or wait till next week?
    Young Geralt:i’m good to get it over with
    Calim Gorn:Yeah let’s do it
    Young Geralt:ut if the others want to wait we can
    Alyssa Toress:lets do it
    me and sef gotta fight after that
    Calim Gorn:Nah I’m good to go now, I want to get this tournament over with lol
    DM:heh okay.
    Well if Geralt wins, you don’t have to.
    Young Geralt:you mean WHEN Geralt wins, lol… but not if i roll like i have been
    DM:Once again I’m givibng Kaldar a hero point to use, since he’s the lsat surviving member of Draogn Band.
    Young Geralt:can still be cocky though
    DM:Kaldar Orun II gains a hero point.
  • Young Geralt applied blade oil and pops up Quen
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Both of you have fought hard to get to this point… So let us see what you can do.”
    Alyssa Toress:i am glad i did good against kaldar
    Hachikomaru:you need the Firion-bane oil
    Alyssa Toress:had to prove myself after the queen gave me a easy fight
    Young Geralt:“We who are about to fight salute you.”
    DM:And with that Oshiro starts the fight.. with each respective band cheering for their member..
    Kaldar seems to have discarded his usual lance for this fight and just comes out with blade drawn.
    Kaldar Orun II:“Let this be a good fight. Both of you are quite impressive.”
    DM:Abnd with that.. the battle begins..
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    Wonder what the odds are on that
    Young Geralt:“You as well. However there can only be one team at the end.”
    DM:heh wow.. well Geralt and Kaldar both got the same init bonus… so need a random roll to see who goes first.
    just give me a basic d20 roll G.
    Young Geralt:i thougth PCs always win ties ;)
    DM:heh well he goes first.
    Kaldar leaps to engage… since you tied i’ll say ou can at least intercept him as he comes forward.
    Young Geralt:at least they always go for my instead of my sweetie
    DM:Kaldar makes a powerful sweep with his blade.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 2 Defensive Attack 2Roll Result: 10 (7) Effect Rank: 11
    DM:But misses on his blow… fighting somewhat defensive too. you notice his goal seems to be striking your sword, apparently trying to shatter the steel swod you applied t he oil to…
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
  • Young Geralt jumps over the weak swing and comes down with a strong overhead blow that he has been practicing, something from the Ursine style.
    DM:that’ll hit him.
    Young Geralt:1 shy of crit
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 27 ( natural:18 , Save DC:23 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Success
    Young Geralt:and penetrating oil
    damn
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that was the problem I kept having
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    DM:You stab into himn.. breaching his normalyl hardened skin… but he still manages to take only minimnal damge from the blow…
    Viniira joins the fight wtih her flaming axe.
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Close, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2Roll Result: 22 (18) Effect Rank: 8
    DM:She lands a blow on his defenses, though his hardened skin absorbs some of the attack though the fire burns him a little…
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) Roll Result: 10 ( natural:1 , Save DC:19 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Actually a lot surprisingly…
    Calim Gorn:Heh, nice
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar contineus tpressing his attack on Geralt.. trying to shatter his blade…
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 8 (7) Effect Rank: 12
    DM:But misses agin… his attacks somehat clumsy…
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:me easily sidesteps the swing and positions himself for an Aard blast to knock the turtle to its back
    DM:Actually wait I screwed somehing up.. actually viniiras fire wouldn’t damge himn at all..
    Calim Gorn:Oh come on
    DM:Gotta remove those wounds..
    Sorry heh.. I just messed up the maht before.
    His impervious should have stopped it
    Young Geralt:Rank 7 attempt to knock prone
    DM:okay.. ddoge check first…
    Young Geralt:you suck
    Calim Gorn:lol it says Fort save and then Dodge Save
    DM:Kaldar plants his feet holding fast against the blast.
    Yeah… it’s an area so he did dodge and fort.
    Aced em both :P
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    DM:Viniira backs up trying a lightning attack..
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Ranged, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2Roll Result: 16 (12) Effect Rank: 8
    DM:Though Kaldar evades the lignhting blast.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:This round Kaldar just decides to attack outright instead of going for a sword breka
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 2 (1) Effect Rank: 12
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:Thoufgh his blows are poorly aimed… perhaps the Aard knocked his balance off some…
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:that defensive attack is what kept him alive last match
  • Young Geralt ducks under the swing, activating quen again and comign up with a strike from underneath his defenses…..
    DM:The knight movces his sword in a flash, instantly regainign any composure from a poorly aimed swing before… and knocks your blade back with a loud clang.. his eyes darting constantly between you and Viniiira.
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    DM:Viniira fires another lighnting bolt.
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Ranged, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2 AOA 2Roll Result: 14 (8) Effect Rank: 8
    DM:Vinira focuses a long blast of lignhting leaving herself partially exposed… something Kaldar hadn’t missed, as he quickly takes a momentary step back from Geralt and takes the opening on Viniiira to alunch a barrage of throwing knives…
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Ranged, +10, rank 4 Damage) PA 2 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 25 (20) Effect Rank: 6
    DM:wow…
    Young Geralt:ouch
    DM:That’s a crit on Viniira
    Alyssa Toress:is she dead
    DM:And a 3 degree success on multiattack
    Calim Gorn:Ouch
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 16) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:8 , Save DC:31 ) Viniira the Horned -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    Hachikomaru:double ouch
    DM:He drops her with several well placed throwing knives… one catching her right in the chest… another in the arm and another in the stomach.
    Young Geralt:“No, Vin!”
    DM:Viniira gives one gasp as she collapses, and the Templar start to run out to get her to the fountain.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:me moves in with a savage assault upon the felling of Viniira….
    Hachikomaru:apparently so
    DM:heh wow.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    Young Geralt:take that biatch
    Calim Gorn:13 damage with crit
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 13) Roll Result: 29 ( natural:20 , Save DC:28 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Success
    Calim Gorn:lol fuck
    DM:wow.
    he got a natural 20 too on his soak.
    Young Geralt:wtf
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:This guy is the master of duels for some reason. Sef never beat him last campaign etiher lol
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I hate fighting Kaldar, he’s almost impossible to hurt and then he soaks everything you hit him with
    DM:Geralt sitll have Quen up?
    Young Geralt:yep
    DM:Kaldar pulls back his blade for another seto f powerful strikes
    Alyssa Toress:is that the same as fighting me?
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 2 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 7 (5) Effect Rank: 11
  • Young Geralt moves in to press the advantage against the tank
    DM:Though Geralt manages to parry his attacks, as he focuses more on power and defense than attck.. the blows cause Geralt to lose a bit of ground, but nothing significant…
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Aw too bad that’s not a crit since it’s a Hero Point
    Young Geralt:ot is a nat 20 roll
    DM:nah it says it’s a natural 20
    Calim Gorn:Oh sweet
    DM:that’s a cirt.
    Calim Gorn:lol 13 damage again
    DM:He may make Kaldar use his hero point maybe heh.. we’ll see…
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 13) Roll Result: 19 ( natural:10 , Save DC:28 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    Nah he’ll save it for now.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar goes on full defense this round… apparently due to being dazed… he tries to collect himself
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
  • Young Geralt continues his powerful rage-filled assault
    Young Geralt:i need a rage meter that powers uip my strikes with each chain, hehe
    but he falters
    DM:He parries your weapon with a forceful blow… gaining a free smash attempt (weapon break advantage)
    this is his free smash.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, 7, rank 9 Damage)Roll Result: 22 (15) Effect Rank: 9
    DM:and he strieks your blade.. okay, your sword has toughness 9 for being steel.. so give me a toughness 1d20
    9 for the sword.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    Young Geralt:witcher steel dude, lol
    DM:Kaldar bats at Geralt’s sword though the enchanted blade holds upo to even that kind of might.. not even showing a crack.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:But Kaldar comes back with an attack of his own (the break was a free bonus)
    This time going for Geralt himself as he kncoked his blade aside.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 4Roll Result: 6 (3) Effect Rank: 13
    DM:But Geralt is too quick for him… dodging around him with amazing speed.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
  • Young Geralt regains his stance and continues on after the slight break in his assault
    DM:lol wo
    Calim Gorn:Fuck yeah
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 13) Roll Result: 12 ( natural:5 , Save DC:28 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    he’s gonna use his one hero point on that.
    Calim Gorn:Too bad he has that hero point
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II spends a Hero Point for : Reroll
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 13) Roll Result: 20 ( natural:13 , Save DC:28 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    The blow still stagers him… as he gains a newfound respect for Geralt’s fighting style and tenacity…
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:This round he’s going to turtle up again t aking full defnese.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
  • Young Geralt tries to blow past his defenses
    DM:He parries the blow again… getting his free smash attack again.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage)Roll Result: 23 (16) Effect Rank: 9
    Calim Gorn:Heh, 1 degree
    DM:That’s a fail by 1. So it only does minor damage.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:does an objects toughness get wounded in the same way as a person?
    DM:Doesn’t impair the sword at all. just -1 to its future saves.
    Yeah.
    Alyssa Toress:okay yeah
    DM:Well objects are destroyed on fail by 3
    And fail by 2 puts a hole in em.
    Think fail by 2 may disable a wepon I’d have to cehck that again.
    Kaldar attack wiht his normal swing on Geralt
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 2 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 22 (20) Effect Rank: 11
    wo…
    connecting with a critical hit this time (that was a natural 20)
    wow.. only a fail by 1
    DM:Geralt manages to roll aside from some of the blow taking a cut from the might blow.. but only a minor one that he barely feels due to his current state of vengeful rage.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    DM:oh and remember to roll for your regeneration too. Think you jsut got regen 1, but if you get a 1 on 1d10 you can heal a wouind
    Hachikomaru:rocky vs mcclain
  • Young Geralt continues the strong attakcs from the Ursine style.
    Young Geralt:tat sucked
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:oh yeah
    DM:Kaldar blocks Geralt’s attack easily coming at him with one of his own
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 14 (13) Effect Rank: 12
    DM:That’ll hit with your quen up
    Young Geralt:this one gonna hurt
    DM:Fialure by 3… 3 wounds and staggered.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Suzu Ueno:“oh no.. he’s going to get Geralt…”
    Calim Gorn:“It’s not over yet…”
    Young Geralt:me falls back momentarilly to regroup and clear his head….
    Masaru Oshiro:“Geralt can take a lot.”
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:okay. you clear your stagger as Kaldar chases after you
    He seems intent on claiming victory.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 14 (13) Effect Rank: 12
    Young Geralt:shit
    DM:And hits again.
    Calim Gorn:Wait doesn’t he get +2 defense for doing Recover?
    Masaru Oshiro:oh right. wait.
    you get the =2 defense from recvoer
    Young Geralt:oh yeah
    Masaru Oshiro:that’d make it a miss
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:made me wast my 18
    lol
    DM:yeah heh.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    Nori Yuudai:“Two on one he had a chance.. but even Gerlt cannot overcome him one on one.”
  • Young Geralt attempts to take advantage of the forward rush od Keldar as he spins around his rush strikign with a strong blow to his flank…..
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar side leaps to the right of the blow with a powerful burst from his legs… coming at Geralt from the side.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 14 (13) Effect Rank: 12
    DM:That’ll hit since you don’t have the +2 anymore
    Young Geralt:stop that!
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Now you need that 18
    Well that should work hopefully
    DM:Yeah only a fail by1.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    DM:Geralt takes yet another powerful sword slash as the crowd gasps… thinking he must be done for after that one…
    The two combantats about in even in terms fo wounds… both proven warriors to get this far…
    Nori Yuudai:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 13) Roll Result: 16 ( natural:11 , Save DC:28 ) Kaldar Orun II -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    Calim Gorn:Fuck yeah
    Alyssa Toress:is he dead?
    Calim Gorn:Nah needs to do another one of those
    Alyssa Toress:ah
    Young Geralt:nope
    but no more recovers
    DM:Geralt comes in with a powerful slash his penetrating oil getting thorugh the iron skin on Kaldar’s leg… cutting into his leg deeply.
    well he’s still g ot his recover
    just not his hero point.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:Kaldar is gonna r ecover this turn.
    Removing his staggered but still eaving him with 7 wounds.
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    Young Geralt:oh does he, i thought he had used it but i guess not due to the reroll
    DM:nah, he just used his reroll
    hasn’t recovered yet, he did full D a few times
  • Young Geralt presses the adavance, letting the dark side flow though him… what a monster…..
    DM:Wasn’t really a recover, just him geting increased defense trying to clear his dazed state and do a weapons mashj
    smash
    Kaldar seems fueled not by any particular emotion beyond stubborness.. he seems to be the type that’s only still alive up to this point only because he denies death iteself…
    With his +2 from recover that’ll bbe a suceess on his part.
    he deflects your blow. going for the counter.
    *
    *Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*
    DM:btw you roling for your regeneration?
    Young Geralt:oh i have not been.. what about 3 rounds passed?
    DM:yeah think about that
    heh nope.
    Kaldar Orun II:Kaldar Orun II Attacks! (Close, +7, rank 9 Damage) PA 3 Defensive Attack 3Roll Result: 15 (14) Effect Rank: 12
    DM:Kaldar smashes into th quen shield again… inflicting yet another brutal blow.
    Young Geralt:well thats the game folks
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah
    DM:Geralt collapses… as Kaldar is announced the winner… and Geralt is rushed ot the healing waters…
    Calim Gorn:Would have won if not for that hero point
    Young Geralt:yep, would have could have should have
    oh well, wa s a good match
    DM:You can see the queen saying something to Imperion Terl.. and im talking back for a moment.. before nodding his head.
    Calim Gorn:lol this should be good
    Imperion Terl:“Both bands have fought well, and should be proud… instead of having a final match… we are going to declare this competition a draw between the two, as the champions have already fought to an announced draw.”
    Calim Gorn:“Tch…”
    Hachikomaru:“It seems politics is at play.”
    Calim Gorn:“As always.”
    Alyssa Toress:“man i could take him”
    Calim Gorn:“The queen just doesn’t want to see Alyssa lose.”
    Imperion Terl:“Hachimaru, Alyssa Toress and Kaldar Orun have all survived without falling.”
    Hachikomaru:“Go and declare it publically or something.”
    Imperion Terl:Young Geralt gains a hero point.
    Hachikomaru:“I doubt your mother would thwart you openly before everyone else.”
    “But of course, it is possible you could lose.”
  • Hachikomaru shrugs.
    Alyssa Toress:i just want to move on
    Anise Dreamborn:“Better to take the safe path anyway..”
    “You all earned respect, that’s what it’s about.”
    Alyssa Toress:instead of doing more tournament
  • Hachikomaru raises a skeptical brow.
    Hachikomaru:“Safe path?”
  • Hachikomaru scoffs a bit.
    Anise Dreamborn:“Well you might lose.”
  • Anise Dreamborn smirks.
    Alyssa Toress:“the tournament only existed because of masaru anyway”
    “i dont need to impress his dad”
  • Hachikomaru bows to Dragonbands champion, then to the nobility in tow.
    Calim Gorn:“I doubt the Daimyo would be impressed by anything you did anyway.”
    Nori Yuudai:“I only wish my showing in the tournament was better…”
  • Hachikomaru nods in agreement with Calim. “Well said.”
  • Kaldar Orun II returns the bow out of respect.
  • Hachikomaru goes over to the Daimyo.
    Hachikomaru:“Daimyo Oshiro.” he says bowing
    “Thank you, for allowing my participation in this melee.”
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“You fought well Hachikomaru and have brought honor to House Inuyama.”
    Hachikomaru:“You fought well, my lord.” he says to Masaru
    Young Geralt:“I was so close to bringing down Kaldar. He was a worthy oppnent, though. I think I may have let my anger get the most of me. Witchers are supposed to control their emotions. Many say we have none, but we just hide them well. It helps when you can push all the horror away.”
    “Are you ok Vin?”
    Masaru Oshiro:“Thank you. You fought well as well.”
    Hachikomaru:“You will have to tutor me some with iaijutsu.”
    Alyssa Toress:“kaldar couldnt beat me and i couldnt beat him”
    “not the worst outcome”
    Viniira the Horned:“Yeah… that guy just got me with a lucky shot… wasn’t expecintg him to break off you and toss those knives at me.”
    Young Geralt:“Be careful not to lower your defenses to an oppoent like him. He was almost waiting for it.”
  • Viniira the Horned nods.
    Viniira the Horned:“Yeah he was smarter than he looked.”
    Hachikomaru:“Your defeat of Sythe, was perhaps the most impressive feat in the whole tournament.”
    “Along with Masaru’s victory over the Silver Dragon.”
    Young Geralt:“I’m sure the princess was disappointed though.”
    Vilar Elfglow:“Yeah you really showed that guy and his Shiadar armor.”
    Hachikomaru:“Of course.”
    Alyssa Toress:“nah it was fine”
    Hachikomaru:“But politics, are politics.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i was hoping someone else would beat him so we didnt have to fight each other”
    Young Geralt:“Would he have llet you win?”
    Alyssa Toress:“no way”
    Hachikomaru:""I don
    “I don’t think so.”
    “Though they are cousins.” he smirks
    Young Geralt:“Or you him?”
    Alyssa Toress:“no way”
    Hachikomaru:“Maybe you’ll even have to marry him, your highness.”
  • Hachikomaru says perhaps teasing.
    Alyssa Toress:“all the noble families in rahseld are related hachi”
    Young Geralt:“Then I’m sure it would have been a good fight.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, it’s one big mess.”
    Hachikomaru:“Does that mean you want to marry him then?”
    Alyssa Toress:“we will see”
    Hachikomaru:“Masaru would be a better match.”
    Alyssa Toress:“his brother needs to produce an heir first”
  • Hachikomaru says, with a stoic face, unsure if he’s serious or teasing.
    Alyssa Toress:you are gonna need a bigger prep room
    DM:heh yeah Aylanae has a bunch of NPCs.
    Calim Gorn:I’m gonna approach Daimyo Oshiro after the others leave and cash in my favor, or at least start working towards it
    Young Geralt:any other game you just kil the NPCs so the list doesn’t get too big, hehe
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    DM:lol
    Young Geralt:oh shit, i forgot about those bracers… not sure if they would have helped any
    Alyssa Toress:so we moving into year 4 tonight?
    DM:hmm… not really. heh.
    Alyssa Toress:or at least summer?
    DM:Yeah we’re gonna move towards vacation time anyway..
    Young Geralt:grant evasio 2.. would ahev helped with the grenades
    DM:Nothing more for year 3 classes.. not sure if anyone had any vaction plans.. well Calim does I know
    Alyssa Toress:yeah i thought you said the tournament was the only event in year 3
    Calim Gorn:Yeah heh
    I got my plans that I’m gonna put into motion
    DM:yerah evasion would give +5 to dodge rolls versus AoE attacks
    Alyssa Toress:i’m just gonna hang out with sythe in the summer
    DM:Well for your school year, yeah this is the vacation period./
    Summer time people might have stuff, or we coudl just FF the summer bit.
    Alyssa Toress:we can do tabs thing if he wants
    Young Geralt:I’ll hang with my epopel and also Vin, unless summoned to other tasks
    DM:The daimyo could arrange what you’re asking, so it looks like Tab’s plan could work if he’s willing.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I definitely want to do it
    Hachikomaru:what plans?
    DM:This vacation you’ve got more or less free… unless you hang out with each other… you can execute various plans or what not.
    Calim Gorn:Basically I’m cashing in my favor from Oshiro to have him owe a favor to Suzu’s parents in return for them letting Suzu spend summer with us instead of going back to Makoro
    Young Geralt:I’ll spend the time training with the Druids in my Witcher skills (if we get points to spend)
    Alyssa Toress:yeah did we get points?
    Calim Gorn:And I’m gonna take her around Ronen and Rahseld and let her see some Magitech factories and so on, also introduce her to Justy’s sister at Laventa’s suggestion
    DM:yeha you’ve got points to spend.
    Calim Gorn:I’ll invite the others along too so they can hang out with Suzu and do stuff, maybe we can take turns showing her around our different home cities and whatnot
    Alyssa Toress:how many?
    yeah i’ll hang with suzu
    DM:Yeah determining the points now
    I’ll give out 3 points for this one.
    So that puts you lemme see…
    Calim Gorn:111 points total
    PL7
    DM:yeah okay.
    Alyssa Toress:does immunity aging keep me from dying from old age?
    Calim Gorn:Yup
    DM:yeah.
    Alyssa Toress:does it keep me young forever
    so i dont get ugly
    DM:Yeah it could. depending on your descriptors to it
    Calim Gorn:That’s kinda how I statted mine, lol
    DM:I mean that bit is mostly flavor as far as M&M is concerned.
    Calim Gorn:Basically I just stop aging once I reach adulthood
    DM:So you could be some undead lich or not aging.
    Calim Gorn:Nobody realizes I’m immortal right now, not even me
    But in 50 years when I still look like I’m 20, it’ll be kinda obvious
    DM:Yeah heh.
    Though immortal people in positions to inherit titles tend to be targets of assassination :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:yeah but i am not gonna inherit
    Calim Gorn:It’s Rahseld, everyone is a target of assassination
    DM:well you could if something happens to Arielle.
    Alyssa Toress:arielle is
    DM:Horrible stuff happens to good people all the tme in my campaigns.
    Anyway.. about Suzu…
    And yeah, the point gaining is kinda accelerated since we’re fast forwarding thorugh a lot ot get you up to PL 8 . Normally I don’t really hand out points quite as quickly heh.
    She’s shocked that Calims favor lets her leave Makoor for the summer break.
    As normally her family keeps her close, but at the chance at a favor from the Daimyo to be traded, even they couldn’t turn down the potential…
    And wre willing to let Suzu go with you.
    Calim Gorn:Huzzah
    I’ll contact Laventa and let her know about it so she can set up a meeting with Justy and her sister
    And I’ll ask my Mother for a tour of the guild factories and such while we’re in Ronen
    Will let the others in our clique know too in case they want to do anything with Suzu
    So like Alyssa, Hachi, Geralt, Viniira, Anise
    DM:You set up a visit… and Justy and Alexia are more than happy to have you at the Lastrium farmhouse in Ronen and can give you a tour of nearby magitech facilites f the city of Saerlon.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah i am coming with you
    DM:ANise unforutnately is being kept on a tight leash by the templar, especialyl around Alyssa, since they’re afraid of the repeat incident of her getting corrupted.
    Calim Gorn:Justy’s dad is from Makoro too IIRC, so Suzu can see that there’s another way for people from Makoro to live
    DM:Viniira does come as well.
    They also invite you a family dinner at their large farmhouse.. thouygh still fairly pretty small for a family so large and imbued…
    Calim Gorn:(to Alexia) “Thank you for your hospitality, Ms. Lastrium. I hope we aren’t too much of an inconvenience.”
    DM:Will do a short scene RPing with em, so you can get an idea how that goes…
    Alyssa Toress:“yes thank you for welcoming us”
    Suzu Ueno:“Yes. I am honored you allowed me to visit.”
  • Suzu Ueno bows.
    Alexia Lastrium:“It’s good to have you. Though I’m a little bit surprised that you’d want to come here of all places… usually all the imbued want to see the castles and all the other historic sites.”
  • Calim Gorn laughs a little
    Alyssa Toress:“i’ve seen enough castles for a lifetime”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I think I feel the same.”
    Alexia Lastrium:“You’ll just find lots of farmland here, and not any crops becasue it’s winter right now.”
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“We are however working on a secret laboratory!”
    Alyssa Toress:“i havent seen winter in a while”
  • Alexia Lastrium gives her husband a look that seems to say “No we aren’t”
    Alyssa Toress:“during rahseld winter i am aylayne”
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“Of course in the future there could be a secret laboratory…”
    Calim Gorn:“Mostly I wanted to show Suzu around and let her get to know Ronen and Rahseld better. She’s always spent summers back home and the rest of her time is on Aylanae.”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“I like the snow, it’s pretty.”
    DM:Sayuri btw is Justy’s younger sister for those who don’t know.
    And Hideoyoshi is her father.
    Calim Gorn:“And I heard that your younger daughter and she might get along well.”
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“Of course! I’m sure as any inquiring mind in the field of magitech she’d love it around here. Yuri why don’t you show her your inventions!”
    Alexia Lastrium:“Well maybe not all your inventions… lets not scare her too much.”
  • Sayuri Lastrium nods.
    Justy S. Lastrium:“I’m sure Yuri and Suzu will get along great, and there’s a big magitech facility she can check out up in Saerlon, only a short distance away.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“There is another matter I’m curious about on the subject of magitech. I heard that your 3rd cousin, no… that’s not right, maybe 3rd uncle? hmm… no I think cousin… yes Darien Gorn!”
    Hachikomaru:has another sister, Natsuki i think
  • Calim Gorn frowns a little at the mention of Darien
    Alyssa Toress:“suzu is a good girl but kinda shy and set in makoro ways”
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s right, we didn’t see much of her
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“I heard he was removed from work at the Hydra Clan…”
    Hachikomaru:and 2 brothers irc
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, that’s correct…”
    (Yeah, heh)
    Alyssa Toress:big family
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“I hate to pry into your family business… but… I’m so curious and it concerns magitech, and anything magitech is my business.”
    Calim Gorn:“Do you know Darien? Or is this just more of a casual interest?”
    Sayuri Lastrium:“I have not met him personally no, but I have heard… things about him. Some say he’s a genius.. others say he’s a madman.”
    “You can see how I would be interested I’m sure.”
    Young Geralt:ok, did my updates, mostly skills
    Calim Gorn:Heh that’s supposed to be Hideyoshi talking for all of that right
    Sayuri Lastrium:(oh yeah)
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:“I have not met him personally no, but I have heard… things about him. Some say he’s a genius.. others say he’s a madman.”
    “You can see how I would be interested I’m sure.”
    (yeah heh mixed up my impersonates)
    Alexia Lastrium:“I have to apologize for my husband, he’s always looking for new employees for his company.”
    “Budget employees…”
    Calim Gorn:“That’s quite all right, Mrs. Lastrium.”
    “As for Darien, well, I’d tend to go more towards the latter end of the scale you presented in my personal opinion, but I suppose that depends on your own view of his work. Either way, without getting into too many unnecessary details, he wasn’t doing the job he was placed there to do and he was misappropriating equipment assigned to the clan’s defense. So I recommended that he be replaced.”
    Hideyoshi Saitou-Lastrium:"I see… I wonder if he’s currently employed anywhere… I’m looking for a certain type of genius… the one willing to work for low pay… the underappreciated innovator! "
    Young Geralt:hitting the sack, catch you all next week
    Calim Gorn:Later G
    DM:Heh okay yeah we can stop for now and continue this next week I gues
    Since it’s getting late anyway.
    Calim Gorn:“You’ll have to take that up with him directly, I’m afraid I don’t know what he’s doing right now.”
    Young Geralt:token is updated
    Alyssa Toress:what
    we can keep going :D
    DM:heh well G is checking out so welll wait till next time.
    Alyssa Toress:he didnt even come on vacation with us
    we can at least finish the suzu thing
    Calim Gorn:lol he said he was going to come with us I think
    Young Geralt:yeah, no need to wait on me if not involving me and the others want to continue
    DM:heh well I’m kinda tired too, we can wait till next week.
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    okay
    Young Geralt:i’m coming if summoned on a task, but if just general sight seeing i have training to tend to
    Calim Gorn:Oh, I may not be around next week actually
    Alyssa Toress:fuck
    Calim Gorn:I’m going to another con
View
Session 9 Log

Sefiros:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OYw7FPB7CE
intro music
i’ll just imagine tabs is some kind of anime music video and j-pop
Tabris:lol
Sefiros:crickets
Tabris:Heh, yeah dunno where Herlock is, I messaged him
G should hopefully be along later
DM:heh.
yeah I’m working on some extra stuff for the website anyway.
So okay if they’re a bit late.
Sefiros:herlock said he’ll be right there
Herlock:hi i am here
Sefiros:welcome overlord
Tabris:Yo
Alyssa Toress:i was playing oblivion
the 4th elder scroll
Sefiros:yeah figuered it was morrowind, close enuff
i got that game on PC actually
one of the few ones i posess
oblivion that is
Tabris:I’ve been busy with the new Deus Ex game
Alyssa Toress:oh you picked that up huh
Tabris:Yup
Alyssa Toress:the first major dlc is about to come out sometime next week
Tabris:Ah cool
I’m working on the Permadeath run right now
Unlocked all the other trophies except that and the Breach mode stuff
Breach mode is fucking annoying though
DM:what’s breach mode?
Tabris:It’s this thing where you play some hacker dude using his virtual avatar to hack into a mega corp’s servers
Sefiros:shadowrun?
Tabris:It plays more or less like the main game but it’s really fucking stingy with weapons and shit
And some of the levels have been a giant pain in the ass
Alyssa Toress:yeah i got bored of the game before i finishe permadeath
i got a bunch of spreadsheets and stuff for my leveling in oblivion
since the enemies get stronger if you fuck up your leveling
DM:heh
if G isn’th ere by 8 we’ll start without him
Be a bit difficult but maybe do an Alyssa scene.
Tabris:I’m cool with that
Sefiros:what happened to G?
Random Encounter Waifu Level 99
Alyssa Toress:he died
Sefiros:apparently so
she must have hit him with an invis, before sketching him with relm
insta-death no save, gg
Alyssa Toress:so whats my scene
are we still in yt
or did we leave
Tabris:Still in Yt
Alyssa Toress:yt blows
Sefiros:go avatar on it, cut it down, you can become president shinra
Alyssa Toress:sure
Sefiros:it wont be there to bore anyone anymore
DM:lol.
okay yeah lets get this shit going
Alright so Alyssa basically decided not to take a trip to the magitech repair facitlity, since you weren’t here. So instead of going there she got sidetracked along the way…
Alyssa Toress:great
i am sure this will be grand
Tabris:You didn’t want to go there anyway
Alyssa Toress:i was really tired
Tabris:It was awful
I’m still traumatized
Garrion:howdy
Alyssa Toress:and football was starting the next day
red zone baby
Tabris:Hey G
Alyssa Toress:whos your team garrion
Sefiros:my team is on right now
Garrion:i don;t do televised sports
Alyssa Toress:wow
figured you were a football man
Sefiros:chocobo racing is more his style
Calim Gorn:Wow, I’m not the only one who doesn’t follow sports
Alyssa Toress:are you georgia tech sef?
Sefiros:nah
Calim Gorn:I love you man
Sefiros:uga
Alyssa Toress:oh
Garrion:i play them all for rec, hockey and wrestling are my personal ones in school
Alyssa Toress:THATS STONE COLDS MUSIC
Garrion:but watching on TV and professional sports.. bunch of hype
DM:Anyway Alyssa is approached by two men.. one is an older man probbably in his 60s or 70s who seems to be walking with a walking stick, and in probably poor health… the other in his late 30s perhaps…
Alyssa Toress:fuck me
Calim Gorn:lol
Alyssa Toress:this is going poorly already
DM:Youi can give me a politcal roll to see if your ecognize em.
Calim Gorn:That might be what they’re after actually
Sefiros:herlock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HzEh3dbwak
Alyssa Toress:one sec i gotta bring up my sheet
lol
a 2
DM:You recognize the younger one… he’s Quilthos Elwhyer, one of the imbued. The old man, you’re not so sure of but you do recall both at your orignally landing ceremony to greet you.
Alyssa Toress:okay
Quilthos Elwhyer:“Hello. You must be princess Aylssa.
Alyssa Toress:”yes i am you are quilthos right?"

  • Quilthos Elwhyer nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“i’m afraid i dont have a name for your companion”
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“Indeed… I am imbued like yourself, and I can see stories of your beauty do not do you justice.”
    DM:The older man catches up finally
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“I am Villaerin the many-headed. It is good to make your aquaintance.”
    Alyssa Toress:“many headed? why do they call you that?”
    DM:Now hearing his naem you know something about him.. he’s head of the Owl Clan, oneo f the three component clans that make up Clan Hydra. Clan Elwhyerb eing another (of which Quilthos is chieftain)
    Calim Gorn:Is that some kind of anagram? lol
    DM:Many headed btw is one of t he variant surnames for Clan Hydra. preferred by hose of the Owl Clan v ersus the Shadow Clan who use the more commonly “Of the Hydra”
    Alyssa Toress:lol what
    are they fucking welsh
    okay pretend i didnt say that then
    DM:Elwhyer is name of the clan.
    Alyssa Toress:if i actually knew that
    DM:I mistyped that heh.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:“i’m honored by your compliment, and it is a pleasure to meet you head of the owl clan”
    DM:The Elwhyer clan instead of using ‘of the hydra" or “the many-headed” keeps their own last surname.
    You know that Villaerin is basically an old man (a mundane) who is most known for givng indepdence to some tribes on the tip of the peninsula.
    Basically he’s a man of peace (some say a coward) who instead of riksing war, granted the tribes with grievances independence from the Hydra Clan (though not the empire)
    Many consider him an old fool.
    Alyssa Toress:great
    DM:At least the more miltaristic anywa.
    Alyssa Toress:I WILL NOT BE BLACKMAILED
    gotta stop those factions from rebelling
    Villaerin the Many-headed:(heh)
    “I am thankful you could make some time for us.”
    Sefiros:guess I’ll just play the princess guard dog, unless she tells me otherwise, aint got nothin else to do
    DM:heh well I’m assuming you stayed back at the barracks waitng for the tour from Geralt.
    Sefiros:i dont remember
    DM:But you coudl go with Alyssa instead if you wanted… since remembber Alyssa was suppsoed to orignally go to the magitech place, but instead I’m bbasically gonna say these two intercepted her.
    So Calim went off on his own
    Young Geralt:i think they all said they weren’t interested
    Alyssa Toress:“of course it is the duty of the empires guardians to ensure peace for all its citizens”
    Young Geralt:i must be a horrible guide
    DM:Probably like most witcher players you just end up going to the brothel and staying there for hours :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:i dont think most witcher players did that
    just you T
    DM:heh nah you told me someone did that in the first stream of wticher 3 lol
    Alyssa Toress:i dont remember
    DM:Anyway….
    Basckto the game
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“So I hope you are liking it here in our lands.”
    DM:Btw the name of the town you’re at (whcih is also the capital of the Hydra Clan) is Aontas. I added a few Hydra clan holdings onto the map recently
    Calim Gorn:(Your lands are backwards and primitive, I hate them and I hate you)
    Alyssa Toress:“its a land untouched by the machines of my homeland”
    “in rahseld things are getting taken over by the things”
    “ruining the natural beauty”
  • Quilthos Elwhyer nods.
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“I feel the same way about those machines… I cannot beleive that Meerin agreed to bring them here.”
    “We do not need them to fight our enemies… I fear he has lost much of his way in his own blind hatred of the Earth Demons.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i’m more inclined to natural magic personally”
  • Quilthos Elwhyer smiles.
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“Yes, I have always studied the druidic arts. I hear that the Toress have mastered some of the magic of the fey.”
    Alyssa Toress:“people do say that”
    druid magic uses mana right
    Villaerin the Many-headed:(Yeah)
    Alyssa Toress:“i use mana and aela both personally”
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“Yes… tis wise never to limit oneself to one option…”
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“unforutnately I did not have any talent for Aela magic, or at least so the archmagi said.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i am sure you have many other talents however”
    “it seems to be natural for an imbued”
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“Well I am a master of bow and spear with a strength and quickness blessed to me by the imbuing process.”
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“Strength and speed are not everything, it is said a sharp mind conquers might every time.”
    Alyssa Toress:“you have the better of me there then”
    “well said villaerin”
    (so this going anywhere btw?)
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“I have met your mother before, she is most wise, and I see you take after her.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes i have a lot to live up to”
    DM:heh, if you want we can FF a bit thorugh the gist of the conversation, mostly it’s to intoduce a bit of internal Hydra Clan politics. heh.
    Alyssa Toress:ah okay
    yeah thats fine
    i just dunno wanna bore everyone
    DM:Since hydra clan is composed of three major other clans, Shadow, Elwhyer and Owl.
    Meerin (the current chieftain) is a representative of the Shadow Clan, these are the other two cheiftains.
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“It was a most terrible tragedy that happened to the wolfheart and indeed our own people.”
    Alyssa Toress:“yes the empire needs to always be vigilant agianst the earth demons”
    “who knows where they could strike next and not just in yt but other lands as well”
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“I hear the fortress the empire constructed at Earthsorrow is quite a wonder. Though I cannot help wonder if there are any plans to construct a similar fortress on the northern border to help protect the Hydra Clan.”
    “There are quite a few nervous people here.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i’m afraid i have no news on that”
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“We don’t need a fortress…. we need a war. Surely the empire cannot let this slight go unpunished.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i think there is a fear of getting engaged and the the tensions daelan flaring up again”
  • Villaerin the Many-headed nods.
    Alyssa Toress:that was the war before right
    they broke free from ronen?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    DM:Yeah, there was actually series of wars. basically the Orotehan War, the Shogun’s invasion then the Daelan revolution
    Whch weakened the empire quite a bit. Daelan was the last one.
    Daelan broke away 11 years ago.
    They’ve been kinda reluctant to go all out to take em down, t hough there’s definteyl support for that.
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“Yes indeed most wise princess.”
    Alyssa Toress:“something will need to be done though”
    “it would be unwise to sit and wait”
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“War is a terrible thing, and only leads to more deaths, from what I undertand the attack we suffered was only a part of the Earth Demons power.”
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“Yes, we should counterattack, it’s the only show of strength they’ll recognize. do nothing and we’ll be seen sa weak.”
    Alyssa Toress:“attacking may not be the best answer”
    “although it could be as well”
    “it is wise to take in as much information as possible and weigh your options”
    “information is a vital to winning a battle i find”
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“Yes… and Daimyo Oshiro I believe had already launched some attacks of his own from the coast c ertainly that was show of strength enough..”
    Quilthos Elwhyer:“His men burned a few villages and took some slaves… things Makoro and Saidai-Taiyou have been doing for centuries..”
    Alyssa Toress:“any action should be taken together as an empire rather lone rulers going off rogue”
    “it is the problem facing an empire”
    Villaerin the Many-headed:“I am glad you feel that way princess. If you could bring up to the Queen and the templar about constructing us a fortress for defense, I am sure the clan would be in your debt.”
    DM:Okay, I’m gonna wrap u p the conversation for now… don’t really think there’s too much more to do.
    Alyssa Toress:“i can always pass on messages”
    sure
    DM:Since that’s basically all they were gonna say if you don’t have any else to tell em.
    Alyssa Toress:nah
    DM:Meanwhile… back at Geralt…
    Young Geralt:“This is where i killed my first rabbit… This is where i had my forst kiss…”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:lol
    that’d be awesome if he just made it about himself.
    Young Geralt:anyway… just wanted to play a bit
    DM:So as far as I knew Nori and Sef were going on the tour. heh.
    Unless Sef chnaged his mind.
    Sefiros:i dont remember what i was doing or did
    jim beam….
    Young Geralt:Viniira too
    DM:Yerah Viniira too.
    Sefiros:speaking of which i need a refill
    Young Geralt:bunch of alcoholics
    DM:okay one sec.. lemem just do one thing then we’ll start the tour bit.
    And Sef can decide what he wants to do while I’m gone heh.
    alomost ready.. sorry bout the wait.
    Sefiros:sorry
    Young Geralt:as soon as i see something i shoot… it is an encounter map so i must fight ;P
    Sefiros:heh i was afk anyways :-p
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:lol :P
    Sefiros:making some sphaghetti and meant balls, and mixed drinks
    DM:in all fairness I did allow for some neogtiation, it just seemed it wasnt going well
    So figured I’d grab the first shot.
    Young Geralt:lol, yeah, it was funny though
    Sefiros:yeah i can go with G i reckon, im done making drinks for now
    DM:Figures the one encounter you can talk your way out of and I shot the guy :P
    well girl technically
    like in Rappan Athuk every encounter that seemed to involve discussion was someone luring us into a trap
    Sefiros:now onto phase 2, imbiding them and slowly becoming beligerent…
    DM:Anyway.. on with the game…
    So Geralt leads the group of 3 to go see some of the druidc sites near the city… all of them relatively recently created save for one ancient tree that has long stood in the open plains prior to the clan planting other groves near it.
    This area for the most part is long, somewhat hilly plains save for the trees that were added.
    A contrast from the forested area of the Wolfheart.
  • Young Geralt points out the histry of the area….
    DM:As you’re just starting the tour you do run into a familair face, jogging up to the group. It’s a warrior woman who Geralt recognizes…
    Young Geralt:our age, older?
    DM:Her name is Ilana the Many-headed, a member of the Owl Clan subgroup of the Hydraclan. She’s older than you, graduating from Scorpion band only a coupel years ago right before your training started.
    She’s another imbued like yourselves.
    Young Geralt:“What is so exciting to have you running up like that Ilana?”
    DM:And currently 19 years old.
    Unlike most of the natives of Yt, she comes from some with some Dracan blood (the people of Rahseld) and has long blond hair.
    Young Geralt:“Everyone this is Ilana, an Imbued from Scorpion band.”
    DM:Looking more like a Rahseldian in a lot of way, except for her dress of course.
    Young Geralt:Ilana, these are some of my friends from our band."
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Sorry I missed the gathering… I lost track of time. I wanted to greet you coming off the airship.”
    DM:Also unlike msot of the imbued from Yt, she adopted the religon of Sheyl over the druidic faith…
    Young Geralt:“Ehh, it was boring anyway. You know the old show.”
    DM:Although ironically she doesn’t use much magitech, prefering the traditioanl garb.
    She does have a strong Aela magic though. preferring that to the traditonal druidic.
  • Ilana the Many-headed smirks.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Yeah I never liked those airships myself, I always liked to fly.”
    “I mean myself.”
    Young Geralt:“Well I’m nopt a sorceress like you so I have to take the ship.”
    Sefiros:“It’d take you a long time to fly back, Geralt.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well technically I’m a magi. Sorceresses are those that practice Vennetian High magic or Fey Sorcery… and maybe whatever the secret Illuvian version is.”
    “But I know you’re not big on technicalities.”
  • Ilana the Many-headed seems to shift her demenaor to one a bit more friendly
    Sefiros:“Using just magic that is.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“So how was training? I bet you’ve got plenty of stories?”
    (looks to Sef) “This must be… I’m terrible with Makoran names…”
    Young Geralt:“Oh a few. I have this..”, as he pulls his shirt open.
    Hachikomaru:“I am just a dog, my lady.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Ah, you must be Masaru. That’s right isn’t it?”
  • Hachikomaru cracks a smile.
  • Ilana the Many-headed turns back to Geralt as she sees’ his scars.
    Hachikomaru:“You sound like my uncle.”
  • Ilana the Many-headed reaches out to touch his chest…
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Wow how did you get these? The healing water couldn’t even repair them?”
    Hachikomaru:“I’m not Masaru no, thank the gods.”
  • Ilana the Many-headed seems rather intrigued and fascinated with the scars, touching them with a soft touch.
    Hachikomaru:“Well, I’ll see you later Geralt.”creeps back
  • Viniira the Horned steps up.
    Young Geralt:“Well it was a training excercise, but its all good… HAHA, no. He is not Masaru. If he were he would have told you to bow before his mightiness and fix him dinner.”
  • Viniira the Horned puts her arm around Geralt.
    Viniira the Horned:“I’m Viniira by the way. From Clan Minotaur.”
    Calim Gorn:(incoming catfight!)
    Young Geralt:“In all fairness though he may be coming around to respect a few of us.”
    Hachikomaru:“I gave him the scars, technicallt my lady, my apologies, it was an accident. I am his bandmate, Hachikomaru.”
    Young Geralt:“Yes this is Viniira. We have gotten along rather well. She is great with that axe of hers.”
    Viniira the Horned:"Yeah I wouldn’t count on that Geralt. There’s no fixing some people. Some battles you just can’t win. " glances at Ilana a little on her last line
    Calim Gorn:(lol, Viniira getting all possessive of her man)
    Hachikomaru:wingmang, going in for the grenade
    Ilana the Many-headed:(seems kinda oblivous to the Viniira thing going on) “Must have been a hell of a training exercise.”
    Young Geralt:i’m assuming with the age difference i have no history with Ilana?
    Hachikomaru:“She saw it.”
    DM:nah not yet anyway.
  • Hachikomaru points to Viniira.
    DM:I mean you were too young for her to conisder before heh, though you’re getting older now… so…
    Hachikomaru:“I do not tell lies.”
    “I’m bigger than I look.”
    DM:actually Vaniira didn’t s ee the initial attack that scarred him. heh that was you, Suzu and Hamidar.
  • Young Geralt places his arm around Viniira as she does.
    Hachikomaru:yeah well she saw a big hole in his chest, close enuff
    Viniira the Horned:“Yeah, it was a pretty nasty wound, but Geralt is tough enough to take it. We’re a tough band, the Imperion says we might be one of the best.”
  • Hachikomaru sniffs at her curiously.
    Viniira the Horned:“Well except for Masaru.”
  • Nori Yuudai has been mostly quiet and is glad Vinira didn’t mention him in the worst of the band.
    Young Geralt:(oh was Nori the life leecher?
    Ilana the Many-headed:“A big hole in his chest? I always remember training was pretty brutal, but, I don’t remember anything like that.”
    (Nah, Hamidar is the life leecher)
    (Nori was Masaru’s firend, who basicalyl got his asskicked all the time)
    (And doesn’t seem to really have any notable powers yet)
    Young Geralt:oh right
    “So enought about us. What have you been up to here?”
    We just came from Wolf clan and helps clean up after the attack."
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well I just got back from our northern areas on a patrol.. they’ve got me patrolling for earth demon activites, and assisting the druids s etting up wards, since the powers that be decided we don’t need our magitech fortress with the latest in burrowing detection.”
    Young Geralt:“Any sign up there?”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“So we have to do it the old-fashioned way.”
    “Nah, they’ve all but disappeared… I mean, other than that stranger that visited us while you were at training..”
    Viniira the Horned:“Stranger?”
    Young Geralt:“Stranger?”
    Hachikomaru:“Dogs can sense earthquakes.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Yeah, some doom and gloom type telling us how we should worship the Earth Demons and abandon the empire or the Earth Demons will come and swallow us all.”
    Hachikomaru:“It has been noted at many times that the dogs in Mokoro would run for the hills before the ground moves, and the sea swallows the land.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“I don’t know about you, but Sheyl is my only goddess…”
    Young Geralt:“So where did this guy come from?”
    Viniira the Horned:“Sheyl? I didn’t buy into all that… i stick with the old druidic ways.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Tinigath most likely… back then we didn’t have all our wards up so we can’t be sure… but I’l tell you, he wasn’t entirely human from what I hear.”
    “Corrupted by the Earth demons somehow.”
    Young Geralt:“The gods are fickle. You never know what they will do. You please one but you piss off another.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“that’s why I only believe in one. Makes it easier that way.”
    “Besides, do your eally wnt to hear Saveron lecture you on the Sun Spirt and it’s glory?”
    “The druidc ways are a bit outdated if you ask me.”
    Young Geralt:“Could you sense anything unusual yourself or just something you heard?”
    Viniira the Horned:“What do you mean outdated? That is our way.”
    Hachikomaru:""Well my uncle told me about my father telling him."
    “He could hear a sound, when no man could.”
    “Hours or minutes before the ground would move.”
    aka Ultra-Hearing
    Young Geralt:((that was to Ilana about the dude))
    Hachikomaru:“He said it was like the sound of waves crashing, or similar.”
    oh lol
    Ilana the Many-headed:" I could sense Nuumian in him. Lots of it… but there was mana too.. if he was a regular human, he’d be dead from Earth Rot."
    “Could have been something enhanced… maybe a shapechanger of some type or a fey.”
    “But that’d only buy him a little longer against that much Nuumian.”
    Young Geralt:“Or the earth demons can take our form with magic. That could make it very difficult to detect them.”
    Hachikomaru:“Or his kin are simply resistant to its effect.”
    Young Geralt:“So where did he go after seeing you?”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well.. he headed north… eithyer back to Tingath or to see the mooneagle.. he didn’t even bother going to see the Sun clan at any regard, evenh e knows that’s hopeless.”
    “The only one Saveron is going to worship is himself.”
    “Rumor has it that he even tried to propose to the princess.”
    “Can you beleive that guy?”
    Young Geralt:“That is true enough. Really??”
    “Well he better get in line. She has quite the following.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Yeah that’s what I heard… it happened during the Wolfheart gathering.”
    Young Geralt:“Hmm, she never said anything about it. but really she is a bit aloof and never joins us on our adventures.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well she’s a princess. She’s got all those fancy dresses to try on.”
    “And the crown.”
    Hachikomaru:“He has a good a chance as Masaru, none.”
    Viniira the Horned:“She’s not going to be inheriting the crown, that’s her sister.”
    Young Geralt:“We have to do all the work while she gets to bathe.”
    Hachikomaru:“Well we did see her naked. It was worth it, my cousin says.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well get used to it Geralt. It doens’t get any better.”
    Nori Yuudai:“You saw her naked?”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:lol
    Calim Gorn:Yeah just tell everybody man
  • Hachikomaru just chuckles, not replying.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Yeah, I don’t make it a habit to follow the latest princess gossip, but it’s hard to avoid people talking about her, at least the imbued.”
    Alyssa Toress:its all because of that stupid drawback
    Young Geralt:“Well, it was dark and we were covered in oni blood.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“It’s all about who the princess is dating, who she’s probably sleeping with, does she like girls… bunch of boring stuff.”
    Hachikomaru:“I see pretty well in the dark.”
    Young Geralt:((so do i, but making an excuse))
    Hachikomaru:yeah im clueless as usual
    thick as a castle wall
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Ooo you killed an oni? Impressive.”
    Hachikomaru:“It didn’t taste very good.”
  • Ilana the Many-headed laughs at Hachi.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well next time you need to use better spices.”
    “I’ve got a good recipe for roast oni somewhere.”
    Young Geralt:“Well i just sliced it open. This one here chewed on his head.”
  • Young Geralt motions to Hachi
    Hachikomaru:“Chewed is too strong of a word.”
    “A few nips.”
    “Like you do a flea.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well next time try an arm, that’ll have more meat.”
    Hachikomaru:“Well, i was more concerned with killing him than consuming him.”
    “A killer dog, goes for the throat.”
    “Oh, I see. She doesn’t know what I really am, does she?”
    “My apologies. I will refrain from speaking any more.”
    Viniira the Horned:“I don’t think she has any idea.”
    Young Geralt:“Hachi is sort of like the Wolfheart, but don;t make that comparisoon to his face.”, Geralt chuckles. “He is a big fluffy dog.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Ah so you’re a werewolf then. I heard those were rare in Makoro.”
    Young Geralt:“I have to keep my shoes hidden from him.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Thought they killed off all wolf-kin.”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:“I’m not a wolf!”
  • Hachikomaru turns a bit red.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Oh that’s right you keep calling yourself a dog.”
    Alyssa Toress:dogs are just shitty dogs
    shitty wolves
    Hachikomaru:“Can I just show her and get it over with, it is rather tedious trying to remember this.”
    “She’s an Imbued.”
    Young Geralt:“Do as you wish.”
    Hachikomaru:“Well, if you’d stand back please.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:"Uh oh… "
  • Hachikomaru steps away, getting clearance.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Wait.. you know you should probably have Viniira there cover her eyes…”
    Hachikomaru:“Is she scared of dogs?”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“In my epxierence whenever I hear ’I’m bigger than I look’ and the wants to show me something… it usually ends up with something children shouldn’t see.”
    Viniira the Horned:“I’m not a child!”
    Young Geralt:((what heppens to your clothes when you change… you have stretchy pants like the hulk that grow with you?))
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:yeah more like fantastic four clothes
    Calim Gorn:Hulk Brand Elastic Waist
    DM:lol actually that’s a good question.
    Does he shift back naked?
    Hachikomaru:nah he’s got clothes, i just figured it was part of his armors enchantment
    DM:heh okay.
    just curious :P
    Young Geralt:“YEah, she is quite fine, trust me.”
    Hachikomaru:“Alright.”
  • Hachikomaru goes beastmode, and then flops down on the ground casually.
  • Ilana the Many-headed looks on with amazement then turns her eyes to examine you in more detail.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well it is bigger than I expected… that’s unusual.”
  • Hachikomaru extends his head and sniffs her gently.
  • Ilana the Many-headed pats Hachi, apparently not scared of him.
  • Hachikomaru seems pleased.
  • Hachikomaru turns human again.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“To be honest I was expecting some kind of wolf sized poodle.”
    Hachikomaru:“A dog negs his ears scratched every once in a while, thank you.”
    needs*
    Ilana the Many-headed:“I heard all the bigger dogs had been exterminated by the shogun’s orders.”
  • Hachikomaru is even more impressed.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Though my knowledge of Makoro is a little sketchy…”
    Hachikomaru:“It seem there is only one lord of dogs left, with my father’s passing.”
    “If you read about the Orothean war sometime.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“I haven’t really read that much on it, mostly I just heard there was some deal between some of the daimyos to import wolves or dogs from Yt.”
    “To replace the on es they don’t have.’
    Hachikomaru:”I don’t wont to waste Geralt time jabbering on."
  • Ilana the Many-headed reaches over to touch your furry thing.
    Hachikomaru:“Nor yours, my lady.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“So this thing is made of your fur?”
    Hachikomaru:“If you ever need to find someone.”
    “I am your man.”
    “Or Dog, however you presume.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Hachikomaru:“Like how a kitsune, has a fox’s tail in human form.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“I’ll keep that in mind… we had an issue up north a couple years back, and no dog to track… apparently some boy fell down a well.”
    Hachikomaru:har!
    good one
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well if you don’t mind Geralt, I’d like to stick around for the tour… we can spend some more time together.”
    Viniira the Horned:“I’m sure you’re got more important things to do Ilana.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Probably, but there will be time to do those later.”
    DM:Geralt want to allow her to go with ya? and I’ll get to the next bit of the tour.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:not making the connection, Geralt replies…
    “Yeah if you want. May be a bit boring though.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well maybe we can have a sparring match at some point. .you can show me some of what you learned.”
    “I’ll see if the trainers are as good as when I went to class. I can even give you a 4 on 1 handicap.”
  • Ilana the Many-headed smirks.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Though I might have to count him as two…”
  • Ilana the Many-headed looks to Hachi.
    DM:Ilana makes some idle conversation as you contiue to visit the sacred tree… asking some weird questions like if they ever trained Hachi to fighht with a giant sword in his mouth while in giant dog form.
    She seems to think it mgiht be a good idea.
    You arrive at the tree, also known asthe Hydra tree, at the center of the grove… It’s a massive tree with many branches… the clan was in part named for it… as it has been around as long as anyone can remembber, and apparently there were even efforts by raiders from Saidai-Taiyou to break the spirt of the druids by destroying the tree, so they cut off branch after branch, but it’s said that for each they cut off, two grew in its place, like the mythical hydra.
    Hachikomaru:“No, but I’m pretty good with a wooden sword.”
    “The scabbards made from it’s limbs must have been magnificient.”
  • Hachikomaru says looking up at the tree.
    DM:The Hydra tree is a majestic sight.. wtih a trunk of over 4 feet in diameter. an oddity compared to the other trees in the area which are much smaller.
    (btw all this knowledge is mostly just Geralt who knows this)
    Young Geralt:and Ilana?
    DM:Since it’s his homeland, without knowledge Yt or druidic you wouldn’t know this stuff)
    Hachikomaru:“There is an old tree in my courtyard, though even he would probably be jealous of this one.”
    DM:Yeah Ilana would know this too
  • Young Geralt relates
    DM:The tree is an oddity growing on what was orignally plains, and nearly unkillable some beliee it contains a special druidici spirit.
    Hachikomaru:"He has the face of an old man carved into him, and speaks, I believe he is what you call a “treant” around here."
    DM:The tree doesn’t smell any different from a nromal tree, though it is certainly old…
    Hachikomaru:“He’s old, but probably not as old as this giant.”
    “Could I take one of the fallen limbs for myself Geralt?”
  • Hachikomaru looks around for any old dead limbs that have fallen.
    DM:The Hydra tree has an almost unconuntaible mass of branches seemingly going everywhere, in some areas there are even metal blades whicha re broken off into the tree…. that the tree seemingly grew around, souveniers from various attempts to kill it.
    Nori Yuudai:“Truly this thing is a wonder… I have never seen a tree this big.”
    “Those look like peices of katana blades sitcking from it.”
    Hachikomaru:“You have perhaps the one thing in the world, he would like. I’ll take you to meet him some day, and we can present it to him. He might give you some of his own wood, he makes excellent scabbards for magical weapons.”
    Nori Yuudai:“Itr is said that those who sleep at the base of thye tree sometimnes have prophetic dreams.”
    Young Geralt:are there any dead limbs? from the description this thing would not have any?
    DM:Well there hasn’t bene any attempt to chop any off for a while… there’s a few branches that felll here and there.. but only small ones.
    The druids don’t make a practice of attacking it though. heh.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“SOme important clan meetings are held by the tree.”
  • Ilana the Many-headed empties part of her waterskin onto the tree, a tradition among the Hydra Clan to show respect for both the tree spirit and the clan itself.
    Young Geralt:is there any religeous reason sacred or something that he could not have a dead limb?
    Hachikomaru:yeah I just want a small branch to give as a present to my tree yokai friend
    DM:Nah he could potetnialyl take one, I mean the druids sometimes make things out of the limbs. Though he could keep one being animbued, so long as he wasn’t greedy.
    They’d let you give him a present of it.
    Young Geralt:ok, i will pick one up for him\
    “Here, give this to your friend.”
    Hachikomaru:“Thank you, great tree spirit.”
  • Young Geralt follows the ritual
  • Hachikomaru bows to the tree, taking the branch,
    DM:Viniira and Nori follow the ritual as well out of respect. Nori you figure doing it more for a polite courtesy since everyone esle did.
    Viniira the Horned:“I can only imagine how much this tree has seen…”
    Hachikomaru:“Thousands, it looks like.”
    “Several hundred, at least.”
    “My friend, will probably be able to tell.”
    DM:The tree branch feels a bit heavy in Hachi’s hand, he can feel there’s some power in it… or perhapsi t’s just his imagination…
    Nori Yuudai:“i wonder if it goes as far back as the Miyamoto empire…”
    Young Geralt:“Shall we move on?”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Hachikomaru:“Don’t worry, I won’t pee on it.”
  • Hachikomaru says joking.
    Young Geralt:“Especially if you pee acid like you drool.”
    Viniira the Horned:“I’m sure if anyone was to animate the tree after all these years it’d probably be you Hachi.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“He pees acid?!”
    Hachikomaru:“No, thankfully.”
    “That sounds painful.”
    Young Geralt:"Maybe that is why “well your acid drool doesn’t burn you does it?”
    Hachikomaru:"It is no permanent thing.
    “It’s only dog slobber, unless I channel what you call mana, into an attack.”
    DM:You continue on your tour, there’s not too much that I wqnted to cover directly,. it’s mostly more druid groves, places of various beauty.. as well as one that contains a dryad spirt within it (we could do that one iof you wanted)
    Young Geralt:“Oh i was thinking that was why no girls have kissed you.”
    Hachikomaru:“We call it yoki. Magical energy.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“I think that’d be the bad breath…”
    Hachikomaru:“I chew mint leaves all the time.”
    “I dislike bad smells, trust me, my lady.”
    “That was my main problem in wolfheart.”
    “The girls there smell fierce.”
    Young Geralt:“Well Yt girls are fierce…..”
    Hachikomaru:“One tried to cut my fur off in my sleep.”
    Viniira the Horned:“Very fierce.”
    Hachikomaru:“The girl with the curly red hair.”
    Young Geralt:“Did she get some?”
    Hachikomaru:“Her name meant Briars or something, he says only half paying attention.
    Ilana the Many-headed:”Well you would make quite a pelt."
    Hachikomaru:“She said it was only winter bear fur.”
    “A greivous insult!”
    “Though she would not follow me into the woods, to show her as I did you.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Is there any other animal I could compare you to that wouldn’t be an insult?”
    Hachikomaru:“A dog is a dog.”
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well haven’t you ever wanted to be a different animal?”
    “What about a bird, so you could fly?”
    Hachikomaru:“I already know how to fly.”
  • Hachikomaru lifts off the ground.
    Ilana the Many-headed:"I see… "
    Young Geralt:((he just has to think happy thoughts))
    Alyssa Toress:what about a shark
    on land
    combined with a tornado
    Hachikomaru:knock knock, landshark
    Ilana the Many-headed:“Well how well can you swim?”
    Hachikomaru:telegram
    “I can dog paddle?”
  • Hachikomaru smiles.
  • Ilana the Many-headed smirks.
    Ilana the Many-headed:“In that case if we ever find ourselves crashed in the ocean, I’ll ask you that question again later.”
    Young Geralt:it is winter hear right?
    here
    Hachikomaru:should be
    both in northern hemi i thought
    DM:Yeah i t’s winter here, though this area is a bit warmer
    So it’s not a cold winter so much in this area.
    Young Geralt:ok, i was just going to mention going for a swim at the mention of it… but guess not
    DM:It’s like winter in florida or Georgia basically
    So no, snow really
    Young Geralt:polar bear club
    DM:Alright so I’ll just skip back to you guys returning anyway… just anwted to give ya a sense of some of the Yt NPCs heh… so Clan Hydra got a little more color to it.
    Alyssa Toress:yay
    Young Geralt:ok
    DM:Since the intial start we had at Geralt’s homeland Ih adn’t fleshed it out too well, so i wanted to add that bit so people got ot oknow it a ltitle better.
    And of course oyur conversations gave youa bi more info too.. anyway….
    I’ll fast forward to year 3 o f your training if you’d liek.
    Alyssa Toress:how about year 5
    Young Geralt:lol
    DM:heh.
    Well that’d skip by all Calim’s sisterfucking :P
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    okay
    fine year 3
    Calim Gorn:Yeah we can’t skip that
    Young Geralt:can’t miss the prioroties
    DM:Alright year 3 begins pretty typically… Masaru in particular seems better than his usual self, it seems your feud has mostly come to an end.
    Alyssa Toress:yay
    hows my magical training going
    DM:Did you ever spend any of your points on stuff?
    Alyssa Toress:no
    i am still at 90 points
    Young Geralt:didn’t know we had any to spend
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:because its too much work to update
    Hachikomaru:i was waiting till im a little older before i spend pts
    DM:Your trainers wonder why you haen’t learned anything yet (joking)
    Hachikomaru:since i age slower
    maybe year 4
    Alyssa Toress:i got my level 8 character and my level 6 character
    Calim Gorn:We’ve earned 15 points since the start of the game G, and we’re up to PL7 now
    Young Geralt:yeah, i ahve that
    thought he meant something more that i may have missed
    Hachikomaru:or i can spend em sometime during year 3, but either way i aint spent none yet
    Calim Gorn:Nah
    DM:You’re definteyl a talent, you and Helenia of Dragon Band being the best Aela magical talents…
    Alyssa Toress:just pretend i put a bunch of points into magic stuff
    and pretend i am doing mana too
    since my level 8 character has it
    great!
    DM:Taesian is also another skilled magic user.. Anises skill seems to almost totally specailize in Aela constructs as opposed to being a generalist.
    Young Geralt:btw, while we are back home i will give Meerin part of my “gift”
  • Calim Gorn seems to be focusing more on general combat skills and the use of specialized magitech devices since he doesn’t seem capable of using Aela
    Young Geralt:to help the people there
    DM:Helenia dreams of being an archmage and focuses exclusively on Aela magic. Her use of the magic seems incredibly gifted, both in terms of overall power and inherent creativity, often going beyond regular spells and inventing her own stuff.
    Even her teachers are amazed at her artistry wtih Aela magic.
  • Alyssa Toress also wants to be an archmage
    Hachikomaru:the aela povoratti
    DM:Also in other news Calim hears that Tharian had Darien Gorn quietly replaced…
    Preferably with someone more normal.
    Calim Gorn:Thank God
    DM:Is Alyssa gonna still be with Sythe?
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:Btw Anise did try to talk to you a bit back in the Hydra Clan alnds, I kinda skpped by that part cause youwe re eager to Fast forward, heh.. but she apparenly misses you too.
    Though the templar have been trying to keep you apart.
    Alyssa Toress:awww
    DM:You’ve alsoh eard word that Baelis Sunborn’s training has escalated to extreme.. as the Templars are punishing him for his screw ups… apparently lots of effort is made preventing him from sneaking any alcohol into Aylanae.
    But at one point he doest try to arrange a deal with Alyssa to try to sneak booze onto the city for him…
    Alyssa Toress:no way
    DM:You could do it and try to get a favor from him… heh
    He also tries to get Calim to help him out too.
    Hachikomaru:he needs to learn to craft a stihl
    DM:Oh he’s tried that, but the Imperoion is wise to his tricks.
    And has shut down a few of his attempts.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Yeah I’m not helping him with his booze habit
    Hachikomaru:make him some toilet wine
    Calim Gorn:Somebody like Hana is probably pranking him by telling him all kinds of absurd things to do to make his own booze
    DM:One event of note is Oshiro making another visit in preparations for his tournament..
    Alyssa Toress:baelis let me tell you about how to make a still
    okay
    DM:Daimyo Oshiro that is.
    Alyssa Toress:you might go blind
    Calim Gorn:Yeah you should always burn some before you drink it
    And if it burns green then don’t drink it
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:Your’e all gathered into the hall fo your barracks as Oshrio makes the anouncement.
    Imperion Terl with him.
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“I have talked with your imperion and I have decided that your mettle shall be tested in battle to see if you are truly worth your imbuing.”
  • Calim Gorn gives Terl a skeptical look
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“This tournament shall use real weaponry and magic… not the typical trianing weapons you’re used to. You shall fight not as boys, but as men.”
    Alyssa Toress:(are girls excluded?)
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:(well you could probably ask to be excluded, though your mother woudln’t like it, bbut Oshiro would probably honor it)
    Alyssa Toress:(fuck)
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:(though your mother wants the Toress to show strength)
    Calim Gorn:(Yeah Oshiro doesn’t think you should be fighting anyway, he thinks you should be on your backside popping out babies)
    Young Geralt:lol
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:(Suzu isn’t gonna be fighting, but Vinira and Anise robably will)
    DM:Masaru oddly speks up.
    Alyssa Toress:i am playing pathfinder right now and being in 2 combats at once is gonna be hard
    Young Geralt:you can’t be serious??
    Calim Gorn:lol well whose fault is that
    Alyssa Toress:hey a game was open and i needed xp
    Young Geralt:may as well flip off T…
    Alyssa Toress:dont worry i’ll be fine
    Masaru Oshiro:“Father… I do not wish to fight my bandmates. A true warrior should be an inspiring leader, not attack his allies in a deadly battle.”
    Alyssa Toress:T plays multiple poker tables at once its the same thing :P
    Calim Gorn:Who is this person and what did he do with Masaru
    Hachikomaru:7d chess
    multi-dimensional
  • Daimyo Takashi Oshiro looks with disdain at Masaru.
  • Calim Gorn raises an eyebrow in surprise
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“I see… you are afraid to face them bbecause you will lose…”
    “Very well… Imperion, perhaps we shall have them fight a member of Dragon band instead.”
    Hachikomaru:“I hear Sefiros can kill his foes in a single blow.” j/k :-p
    Imperion Terl:“Such a battle woudln’t be fair given the diffrence in skill, but perhaps a 2 on 1 fight would be suitable.”
    “Two mmebers of Emerald band against a single Dragon band member.”
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:"Ha… you hear that Masaru, you have someone to hide behind. "
    Young Geralt:“Yeah, you better send in two dragons to make it fair agoinst one of US.”
    Calim Gorn:“If it’s against Justinia we’re going to need at least half the band.”
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Very well Imperion, this is acceptable, so long as the weapons are real.”
    “But I propose that the teams can be chosen by the band itself. We shall see who wants to follow you to a loss Masaru. Perhaps Nori will go with you, as I hear he has no chance as it is..”
    Imperion Terl:“Are there any questions?”
  • Suzu Ueno reluctnatly raises her hand.
    Suzu Ueno:“Do I have to fight?”
    Imperion Terl:“I think the Daimyo would find that acceptable.”
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“The battlefield is no place for a woman.”
  • Suzu Ueno seems relieved.
  • Calim Gorn frowns
    Young Geralt:“Ohh, Viniira is not going to take that.”
    DM:Alyssa could also sit out at this time too…
    Viniira the Horned:“Oh I’m going to fight.. and I’m going to win.”
    Young Geralt:“Even if you have to face me, my dear?”
  • Young Geralt smiles
    Alyssa Toress:i’ll fight
    Anise Dreamborn:“I’m fighting too!”
    Alyssa Toress:“i’ll fight!”
    Hachikomaru:“This should prove interesting.”
    Calim Gorn:“Indeed…”
    DM:With that the daimyo heads out…
    Imperion Terl:“You heard the man… you’ll be arranging into teams of 2 and taking on a member of the senior band in a 2 on1. You’ll have 3 months to train for this… and that includes choosing your teammate.”
    “I leave you to that.”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“I choose him as my partner!” (points to hachi)
    Young Geralt:“What do you say Viniira? Its either you or my pal Hachi.”
    Viniira the Horned:“Lets show them what the clans can do!”
  • Calim Gorn ponders who to choose as his partner…
    Alyssa Toress:i’m a bad partner
    DM:Vilar and Anise the two templar also pair up
  • Hachikomaru raises a brow.
    DM:So among the unchosen are Calim, Alyssa, Gregorio, Masaru, NOri and Hamidar.
    And hachi
    Calim Gorn:Heh, well Gregorio is wanting Hachi as his partner
    DM:Well hachi doesn’t have to accept
    Hachikomaru:Well he did call me out, so I’ll fight him
    Young Geralt:with him
    Hachikomaru:yeah whatever
    Young Geralt:you could pick Masaru
    Hachikomaru:oh its teams
    DM:yeah it’s a 2v1 against a dragon band opponent.
    Hachikomaru:bourbon impaired reflexes
    1pt complication
    Young Geralt:have Moroko represented together
    Hachikomaru:nah im RPing Sef kicking one of your ass
    so i’ll abstain :-p
    LIFE 2 ASAP!
    DM:Well you gotta pick some teammate, you’re not a girl so… they’re gonna want you to fight unless you totally want to give Oshiro the finger :P
    Hachikomaru:hmmm
    alright, screw it i guess
    masamune incoming
    gg, kthx, bai
    DM:uh what?
    Hachikomaru:lol nothing just talking shit
    Young Geralt:i didn;t catch that either
    Hachikomaru:it mean im about to get my ass kicke by Sef prolly :-p
    Lightning 3!
    Young Geralt:take it easy on the booze man, lol
    DM:Thus far we’ve got Geralt/Vinira and Anise/Vilar.
    Hachikomaru:i assume we’re just getting random dragon band members to fight?
    DM:yeah i think Sef is drunker than Baelis.
    Hachikomaru:haha no
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:you going to be the drunken typemaster
    Hachikomaru:i aint that drunk
    DM:you don’t know yet who your opponent is.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah we’re gonna be fighting somebody from Dragon Band
    Don’t know who
    Hachikomaru:each team
    DM:but yeah it’ll be a member of dragon band to fight in a 2v1.
    Hachikomaru:or teams competing to fight someone vs dragon band
    is what i meant
    Young Geralt:randomly drawn from the wizard hat
    Calim Gorn:2 Emerald Band vs 1 Dragon Band
    DM:You don’t know if they’re random, I mean there may be some politcs of it.
    Hachikomaru:so like 4 matches or something?
    DM:You’re not sure what the structure is exactly yet, you’re just picking your teammate.
    and you know it’ll be 2v1 against a dragonband member
    Presuambly some kind of singel elimination brackets, but you’re not sure
    But your teammate will stay your teammate sa far as you know
    Calim Gorn:Wait are there an even number of people left? lol
    DM:heh no, cause Suzu is sitting out anywy.
    Alyssa Toress:i dont think so
    DM:The imeprion may try to fix that of course. :
    Alyssa Toress:i could team up with suzu
    Hachikomaru:I’ll declar efor the princess, if she’ll take me
    Alyssa Toress:oh man
    are you good at combat hachi
    yeah i guess you are
    i’ll team up with hachi
    Hachikomaru:nah, nat 20s
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:that a serious question?
    Alyssa Toress:i mean yeah he almost killed geralt
    Young Geralt:he just the ripped the head off an oni with one bite
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    Calim Gorn:It was already hurt though
    Alyssa Toress:yeah but he fucked up geralt real good
    Calim Gorn:Are Masaru and Nori teaming up?
    DM:okay so Alysa and Hachi? I’d ask Sef bbut I thik he’s too drunk to be capable of consent.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:So Hachi and Alyssa.
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    nah im here, just slurping down something to eat at same time
    DM:Nah Nori and Masaru don’t seem to be teaming up.. NOri remembber has the rep of being the worst fighter in the group
    So nobody wantst o be with him.
    And Hamidar is kinda the freak of the group.
    Young Geralt:((if he doesn’t explicitly state “Yes i want it” then it is not consent.))
    Calim Gorn:“It seems like someone is going to be left without a partner given these arrangements.”
    Hachikomaru:im queens guard!
    DM:If the princess wants something, she’s gonna get it, consent or not. It’s the Toress way.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:haha yeah pretty much
    my father helped em out, so thats why im doing it
  • Masaru Oshiro looks over the remainder.
    Hachikomaru:house toress that is
    Masaru Oshiro:“Gregorio? Maybe we could team up?”
  • Hachikomaru nods. “A good team.”
  • Gregorio Prodynorites looks over the rest uneasily… finally deciding he’d be a decent match.
    Hachikomaru:""Says counseling Lord Masaru."
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Well okay…”
    Hachikomaru:me says counseling Lord Masaru.
  • Hachikomaru says counseling Lord Masaru.
    Hachikomaru:damn…..
    Calim Gorn:No ossifer there’s no blood in my alcohol
    DM:Only Calim, Hamidar and Nori remain…
    Hachikomaru:haha
    Nori Yuudai:“Calim…?”
  • Nori Yuudai looks to Calim to see if he’d like to join up…
    Calim Gorn:“Hm… Very well.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“It appears I’m alone… as usual…”
    Imperion Terl:“Don’t think you’re going to get out of this battle… Suzu, Oshiro may thinki t’s okay for you to sit out, but this is not Makoro… Your band needs you.”
    “You shall be Hamidar’s partner.”
    Hachikomaru:“You may be the most dangerous yet my Lord Garaz.”
  • Hachikomaru says with a bow.
    Hachikomaru:“In a duel anyways.”
    Suzu Ueno:“m-me….?”
    “But the daimyo said-”
    Imperion Terl:“I don’t care what the Daimyo said.. the Daimyo isn’t good at counting.”
    Young Geralt:watch she will “activate” and open up her can o wup ass and annhiliate everyone
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s what I keep waiting for
    Hamidar Garaz:“Imperion.. I will fight alone.”
    Young Geralt:got my fighting song on.. “Blaze of Glory”
    Imperion Terl:“If that is your wish Hamidar You will still be fighting a 1 on 1 conflict against a member of Dragon band, they’re far better trained than you are.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“I’m aware.”
    Calim Gorn:“Suzu, you’re going to have to learn how to fight eventually. You’re a knight of the empire, regardless of what the daimyo or anyone else says.”
    DM:Suzu seems to hang her head in shame… she’s afraid to fight, knowing her skills aren’t quite up to par… but she still seems to be sad about not being able to represent her band.
    Suzu Ueno:“Princess, what do you think I should do?”
  • Suzu Ueno looks to Alyssa.
    Alyssa Toress:“fight! with all your might”
    Suzu Ueno:“But I don’t have much might…”
    DM:I’ll give you apersuasion check fi you’re trying to convince her to fight.
    Alyssa Toress:“make your band proud”
  • Herlock rolls: 1d20+16 => 15 + 16 = 31
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    Suzu Ueno:(looks to the Imperion) “I’ll fight Imperion. I-I want to fight.”
    Calim Gorn:“Train with us, we’ll develop whatever you do have.”
    Imperion Terl:“Good! Youh ave found your courage.”
  • Calim Gorn smiles
    Alyssa Toress:“well help you suzu”
    we’ll
    Anise Dreamborn:“Yeah. We’ll help!”
    DM:With the teams selected, there only remains the matter of your oppinent, to give you ample time to rpepare they decide to announce the first round of opponents in advance..a month before the actual battle…
    Calim Gorn:If a power has one alternate effect already and I want to power stunt off it I don’t count the point for alternate effect when figure out what it can do with power stunt right?
    DM:It’s 2 months later of hard training whenyoug ather in the barracks hall to learn who you’re paired against…
    Right, mutliple alts don’t count to add more points.
    Alyssa Toress:i bet i am fighting sef
    DM:It’s the total points of whatever your highest array element is
    Calim Gorn:Okay that’s what I thought
    DM:Effectively apower stunt is just creating a “free” alt off an array or ane xsting power
    Hachikomaru:have me roll to kick my own ass?
    Alyssa Toress:you arent sef
    you are hachi
    Hachikomaru:i am teh d20s
    DM:Gregorio is down there first… with Masaru behind him… reading the board where the names are posted…
    Calim Gorn:Does Nori seem like he has any decent skills at all?
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Seriously, you’ve got to be kidding me! Him!”
    Calim Gorn:Or is he just like totally mediocre?
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“No way!”
    Hachikomaru:“Who?”
    DM:Masaru looks over at the board and seems rather diappointed as he reads his opponent, clearly a difficutl fighter…
    Alyssa Toress:baelis
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“Sefiros… they’ pout us against Sefiros!”
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Masaru Oshiro:“My father’s choice no doubt…”
    Hachikomaru:“Haha, my cousin says you’re fucked then.”
    Calim Gorn:“I’ve heard he’s rather formidable.”
    Hachikomaru:“He trained with the Hebi-Kuran.”
  • Calim Gorn glances at the board and looks for his matchup
    DM:Hachi and Alyssa check out their opponent and see they’re matched against Hana Makenki.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    Hachikomaru:“Haha We have to win.”
    DM:Perhaps the queen might have had some hand in that…
    Hachikomaru:“This may be tougher than I expected your grace.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i know hanas weakness”
  • Hachikomaru looks at her chest.
    Hachikomaru:“That.”
    DM:Hamidar and Suzu are paired against Verion Toress..
    As for Calim..
    Hachikomaru:aka seifer
    Calim Gorn:Has Suzu been able to develop her skills any? Calim will have tried to get her more comfortable with Magitech during the training time
    Hachikomaru:verion that is
    DM:She’s still not really great… I mean she’s okay with some magitech hand wepaons, so they gave her a spiker rifle.
    But you expect she’s probably gonna get destroyed.
    She’s no match for a full blown fighter.
    Calim’s opponent is Kaldar Orun
    Calim Gorn:Ah hell
    DM:Team geralt….
    Calim Gorn:What about Nori? Is he still totally mediocre or does he have any decent skills? lol
    Young Geralt:woot, woot
    DM:They’ll be fighting against Justinia Lastrium.
    Calim Gorn:lol you’re screwed
    DM:And Anise and Vilar will be facing off against Sythe Zanyz.
    You have a month for preparations.. so if youh ave any skills like ritualist, inventor, artificer, you coudl potentially prepare something
    Young Geralt:no points
    DM:As for NOri he doesn’t seem to have any magical powers.. he’s basicailly a pure fighter decent with sword and spear, but not really up to par being imbued.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah Kaldar will probably destroy him
    DM:Well the artificer, ritualist and inventor advantages don’t require points to use (assuming you have them)
    Young Geralt:i have articifer
    wasthinking it just let me build things with points
    Calim Gorn:Nah you can use it to invent something with the invention rules
    Young Geralt:looking that over now
    Calim Gorn:It’s only good for one scene though unless you spend points for it
    To make it permanent
    DM:Yeah basically ou have to make a roll with a DC based on how many points its worth, and it gives youa temp power you can use for a scene.
    Young Geralt:i also have those bracers for a scene too
    DM:Yep you can use those.
    I’m also gonna ive you guys another 3 power points you can spend as well
    To reprpesent your trainng for this event.
    Calim Gorn:(to Nori) “They say Kaldar Orun is nearly impervious to physical attacks. If you don’t have any magic or energy weapons to use against him then maybe you can train a special technique to pierce his defenses.”
    Young Geralt:do i know anything about Justinia?
    Nori Yuudai:“I could try.. though it sounds difficult perhaps I could just assist you and set you up for a killing blow?”
    Young Geralt:all i see on profile on site is sword guild
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, perhaps. If you’re able to defend yourself against his attacks then maybe you can distract him and allow me to take him down.”
    DM:I’ll give you a check to see what you’d have heard, you could use either persuasion (to represent socializing) or an appropriate knowledge skill (ronen) or (Military) woudl work.
    Or just a naked 2x intelligence check if you don’th ave that
    You do know the basics that she’s very strong.
    Calim Gorn:Calim knows all about her lol
    DM:Yeah lol well you could share with Geralt if he asks.
    Young Geralt:well my rolls are starting out in grande form
    DM:Geralt doesn’t know anything on his own
    Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna try to persuade hana to let us win
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Herlock rolls: 1d20+16 => 20 + 16 = 36
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    DM:lol.
    Alyssa Toress:“hana you know you are my friend, i gotta look good”
  • Hana Makenki smirks.
    Alyssa Toress:“the queen would be really bitchy if i lost”
    Hana Makenki:“Oh you’re always looking good.”
    Alyssa Toress:“you know what i mean”
    Calim Gorn:(Tell her you’ll sleep with her if she throws the fight)
    (She’ll totally go for it)
    Alyssa Toress:(i already am though)
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:lol
    Alyssa Toress:does a 36 do it?
    DM:Yeah lol Alyssa knows bout Justy heh… not sure if Gerlat is gonna be asking the rest of you, but he could.
    Alyssa Toress:no i was trying to persaude hana to let me win
    not about justy
    DM:oh… sorry issed that
    Hachikomaru:she’s bout = to Spider Man roughly
    similar powers and PL
    Calim Gorn:She’s the bastard child of Wonder Woman and Superman
    Alyssa Toress:“i’ll make it worth your wild”
    Hachikomaru:well she’s more spider man with her swinging
    hes pretty damn strong
    in the comics
    Hana Makenki:“Mm… that does sound tempting… How about you b reak up with Sythe and I can have you all to myself, and you’ve got a deal?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i cant”
    Calim Gorn:Ouch
    Hachikomaru:“Ouch.”
    “Poor cousin.”
    “It seems I got to her first.”
    “Who nose.” he touches his nose
    Hana Makenki:“Well I’ll take it easy on you. But I can’t exactyl roll over and play dead. That’s what he’s for.”
  • Hana Makenki points to Hachi.
    Alyssa Toress:“okay”
    “just dont get angry if i hit you with a fireball or something”
    Hachikomaru:“You’re going down this time fox girl!”
    Alyssa Toress:“i didnt even want to fight”
    Hachikomaru:“Night night!”
  • Hachikomaru says as if it were a haiku.
    Hana Makenki:“Well I’m sure youc an talk to your mom and get out of it if you wanted. She does waht you want… I mean us Makenki have to protect our foxes honor when there’s a dog involved.”
    “it’d be a bad example if we just let him catch us.”
    Alyssa Toress:“she wants me to fight”
    “family honor”
    Hana Makenki:“Well I’ll go easy on you.”
    Alyssa Toress:“okay if i hurt you i’ll tend to your wounds after okay”
  • Hachikomaru puts up his fighter stance, Street Fighter style. HADOKEN!
    Hana Makenki:“You ain’t gonan hit me.”
  • Hana Makenki smirks.
    Alyssa Toress:“okay well lets see who wins”
    Hachikomaru:nat 20s hit anyone
    she forgot
    DM:Alright does anyone want to make any preprataions, talk some trash,e tc before the fight? Or you ready to jump into the combat phase?
    Hachikomaru:im gonna get pwnt for talking trash so much
    Calim Gorn:Heh, just the standard training pretty much
    Young Geralt:trying to build something
    Hachikomaru:H@x!
    Hana Makenki:(to Sef) “And none of that acid or it’ll be bad dog!”
    Calim Gorn:Though Calim will order a couple special rounds for his gun
    Hachikomaru:“Oh I’ll just fight you as a human.”
    Alyssa Toress:hand loaded rounds?
    Hachikomaru:“Don’t worry.”
  • Hachikomaru does an unarmed combo.
    Calim Gorn:Most of the time it fires energy shots like any other magitech weapon but he can load special cartridges for different effects (basically my way of doing alt effects and such)
    Alyssa Toress:you just stole that from outlaw star
    Calim Gorn:Yup
    DM:lol. well at least he admits it :P
    Hachikomaru:what?
    Calim Gorn:Calim’s pistol, it’s basically a Caster Gun
    DM:Okay geralt is busy c onstructing stuff… so I’ll let him do thta bit.. and w’ell do someone elses fight.. everoyne who is ready, roll a 1d20, highest roll will fight first.
    Hachikomaru:never seen it, tho i know theres the caster gun and a cat girl
    thats similar to moi
    Calim Gorn:Aisha Clan Clan of the Ctarl Ctarl Empire!
    Alyssa Toress:you can roll for us sef
    Hachikomaru:she can turn into a giant cat irc
    yeah her
    ha!
    pwnt
    Alyssa Toress:you wasted your 20!
    DM:Well since Sef got a natural 20…
    Hachikomaru:i am 20s….
    DM:I’m gonna give hima choice to play his fight with Alyssa or…
  • Hachikomaru turns bottle of booze up and makes bubbles in it.
    DM:I’ll let him fight as his old Dragonband Sef character against Gregorio and Masaru
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:oh man
    do that
    Hachikomaru:oh man, thats too good to resist, i’ll play Sef :-p
    Alyssa Toress:kick his ass
    Hachikomaru:send me his sheet
    i forgot where i got it saved
    tho i remember most of it
    Calim Gorn:Somewhere I’ve got a demotivator of Aisha, it’s like “Catgirls: Now in Weapons Grade” or something like that
    Hachikomaru:nibleheim flashback for masaru
    DM:Give me one moment to find his PL 8 equivalent.
    hmm I’m not sure I saved older versions of ihm…
    I’ll j ust scale him down a bit…
    one moment.
    Hachikomaru:nm i found it
    DM:you got the PL 8 version?
    Hachikomaru:v5
    DM:The one I had was PL9
    yeah.. that’s the PL9 one
    Hachikomaru:yeah
    DM:this shuld be the 8
    Hachikomaru:thats the ne
    ok lemme search
    Young Geralt:ok, so how exactly does penetrating work if she has imperv? i read the rules but kinda vague if useful for me
    Hachikomaru:hmm not sure i have pl8
    DM:Yeah I changed it a bit with house rules, basically each rank of epnetrating reduces their impervious or limited protect by 1.
    Only for purposes of penetraitng it
    so like if you had say damage 4 (penetrating 2) it’d cound as damage 6 for purposes of beating impervious only (the DC is still based on rank 4)
    So like if someone had impervious protection 11, normally a damage 5 or less bounces off.
    But with that it’d cut it to impervious 9, so you’dg et through.
    well actually wait yeah it doens’t boost the damage it reduces their impervious ranks
    so it’s not quite as good as boosting th damage
    but still useful
    Though it won’t actually impac tthier real toughness.
    Just let you damage them at all
    As for Sef I’ll just scale you down…
    Calim Gorn:Heh, trying to figure out how to read Kaldar’s protection stat block
    Since he’s got like two different things that are both impervious
    Hachikomaru:you want it on high accuracy/low dmg atks
    i got a searchfor it, but its slow
    DM:I just lowered your base stats a bit.. for youra ttacks just reduce em by 1 rank.
    Hachikomaru:I’ll let you know what i find
    ok
    good with me
    Young Geralt:ok, so i want to make an infusion that does penetrating and also thinking of multiatk (singe) to represent me speeding up atks it is 1 per rank but what do i tie it to? and penetrate is flat +1 per rank
    DM:Since this isn’t super important anyway. so I don’t want to waste time being super exact.
    Well what attack were you putting the multi attack on, just your sword attack?
    Young Geralt:yep
    Hachikomaru:-1 dmg and accuracy?
    DM:okay what’s your strength?
    Young Geralt:so base that on my sword rank?
    DM:Yeah I already lowered youra ttack mods and defenses on the token.
    Just have to adjust the damage
    Yeah + your strnegth
    Since your strnegth effectively adds virtual dmage ranks
    SO if your damge is 6, it’d be 6 points to put multi on it
    Young Geralt:it is effect 3 plus 3 str
    DM:Yeah, so it’d be +6 pts ofr multi
    penetrating is just +1 per rank of penetrating you want to put on it
    you can basically put asmany or as few ranks as you want
    Young Geralt:ok, and the DC to craft the thing is 15 plus points?
    DM:lemme check one sec… I’m also using the expanded invention/craft stuf fin the gadget guide.
    one memonmt while I look that up
    Calim Gorn:I think that’s right
    DM:okay, I actually roll the invention check secretyl so you’re not sur eif it’s a flawed concept or not.
    You can hero point it if you’d like on the invention check as well. it’s just I roll it hh and take the best of the two
    Young Geralt:ok, well if the DC is 15
    points then i only want 6 penetrating on it
    DM:you don’t know which I rolled.
    Young Geralt:my druid magic is 6
    DM:DC is 10 + the inventions cost in points.
    So if it’s a 6 point device it’d be 16.
    So 16 would get you just the multiattack
    or 6 ranks of penetrting
    if you wanted both, it’d be 22 DC for 12 point device
    Young Geralt:ok, i’ll go with that, thinking she will have some protection
    DM:okay… just the 16 DC with penetrating?
    Hachikomaru:trojans, penetrating +6
    Young Geralt:yep
    DM:And you got a +6
    Young Geralt:yep
    DM:There’s two rolls an actual design check (secret) and a build check, both against the same DC
    failing the build check just means it’ll take more time, so you’ve probably got ample time
    Young Geralt:will call it penetrating oil and apply t to my blade
    DM:so the first check is really the only imporatnt one.
    unless you fail the build check really bad by like 3 degrees I believe
    in which case shit goes totally south.
    The first design check I madke in s ecret you want to hero point it?
    Young Geralt:nah, will save those for the match itself
    DM:k
    okay, you can make the construction check, you’re not sure if the design is flawed or not.
    So give me a roll for construction DC is 16. with your druidc magic roll.
    bsaicaly so long sa you don’t critically fail you’ll probbably be okay
    Young Geralt:ok and the construction check is druid magic
    DM:yep
    okay thatl’l succeed. So you got it.
    Alright now Sef’s match…
    Young Geralt:now to see if my formula works… if it does will that be “fixed”
    Hachikomaru:there ya go T :-p
    add it to whatever
    DM:?
    Hachikomaru:j/k
    Calim Gorn:lol wow, they both rolled huge init
    Hachikomaru:just joking see how many 20s i could get :-p
    Young Geralt:i mean i wonn’t have to drawing board it each time if i have a good formula?
    DM:Everyone is gathered in one of teh squares of Aylanae, with buildings around and a healing fountain at the center.
    The first match being Masaru and gregorio.. with Oshiros eye watching it… Drinking from the fountain btw is immediate forfeit for that person.
    Yeah if your design check is okay, all you’ll have to dois make another ocnstruction check
    The first roll assuming it works, you can do it again l ater potentially.but does take more time to make it, and I believe a hero point to use it agin (I’ll have to reread that bit)
    But no cost initally
    Young Geralt:ok, will record i have "
    6 Penetrating Oil" and see if if is worth saving
    Calim Gorn:Max rank on an Affliction is PL right?
    DM:The Queen and Daimyo are here watching the fight, as are members of many other families, including Gorn and yuudai.
    Well depends on the type
    Young Geralt:also FYI i increased STAM +1 and Dodge +1 with points as work way toward my PL8 version
    DM:Area and perception is limited to PL.
    Calim Gorn:Oh so ranged isn’t?
    DM:k remember to keep within your cap
    nope, but it will cut down youra ttack bonus
    you coudl have a 14 pt afflition at PL 7 you’d just have a +0 to hit iwth it
    Young Geralt:all defenses are at 7
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
    DM:OShiro stands proudly
  • Calim Gorn glances up at the stands, searching out his father…
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“I shall begin this contest… whent he katana falls, you are free to engage…”
    DM:He draws his katana and holds it aloft
    Young Geralt:melee atk is 9 and effect is 3 so should be ok
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“We shgall see how you fare Masaru.”
    Young Geralt:unless STR counts toward that
    DM:Gregorio’s bbody starts to arc a bit with lightning as if psyching himself up.
    Masaru gives a slow bbow to Sef.
    Imperion Terl:“The rules… if you step out of the circle, you forfeit… if you drink from the founain you forfeit.”
    “If an opponent falls or yeilds then he forfeits.”
  • Sefiros PL 8 summons his sword, not bowing. “Show me what you’ve got.”
    Masaru Oshiro:“I’ve been practicing for you.”
    Young Geralt:if Either of us drops or both have to drop to lose?
    DM:Nah for the two man teams both have to lose.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, should be both, it’s 2v1
    DM:But you can’t heal one guy back into the fight if he drops.
    Like once he’s out he’s out but tehy do have to beat both of oyu
    Young Geralt:right, just makign sure since he said it one of you drops we lose
    DM:Arielle stands front and center to cheer on her younger brother and sister.
    yeah that person forfeits.
    But both have to fail for it to be al oss for that eam
    You’re each 50 feet away, the circle is 100 feet. gonna draw a quick draiwing of it.
    G has been dying to see his battlemap he can fight on :P
    Sefiros PL 8:i went first correct?
    DM:This one you do have to fight on.
    NBah Masaru won init
    Calim Gorn:Heh no, you’re last
  • Young Geralt cheers on his bandmates
    Sefiros PL 8:wow ok :-p
    saving my 20 for a one blow then…
    Young Geralt:lol, yeah
    Calim Gorn:Masaru must have rolled a 20 on init lol
    Sefiros PL 8:yeah i dont remmeber if sef had improved init or not
    dont think so
    has one rank actually
    so should be 24, not 20
  • Calim Gorn glances around, looking for any members of his family in attendance
    DM:moved you to the temporary battlemap
    Alyssa Toress:laventa is there i bet
    Sefiros PL 8:didnt know i took ranks in improved init with Sef
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I figured she would be lol
    Sefiros PL 8:has 1 tho apparently.
    Calim Gorn:Just wondering if Tharian actually showed up
    Alyssa Toress:yeah but you only care about her :P
    Calim Gorn:True
    DM:Tharian did show up, as did Sythe’s father. No family member seemed to really snub their family members… save for Hamidar’s father, who apparently did’t bother to show.
    And Suzu’s father didn’t show .
  • Calim Gorn frowns a little as he spots his father in the audience
    *****Start of Gregorio Prodynorites’s Turn*****
    DM:Masaru rushes at Sefiros on his opening move.. moving as fast as he can in a blur of speed…
    Coming at him with his katana.
    He does seem a bit more defensive than usual.
    Sefiros PL 8:roll it up
    Masaru Oshiro:Masaru Oshiro Attacks! (Close, +8, rank 6 Damage) Defensive Attack 2Roll Result: 23 (17) Effect Rank: 6
    DM:wow connects.
    Sefiros PL 8:thats a hit i think, pretty sure
    DM:thats a crit too
    with his imrpoved critica
    Young Geralt:fyi, my token didn’t move with the others.. i think cause i was editing it
    Sefiros PL 8:roll -1 to toughness?
    DM:k m oved you Geralt
    Young Geralt:thanks
    DM:nah I already lowered your tougness that should be good on thet oken
    with the macro so I’ll just use 15 though
    Sefiros PL 8:ok 15 dc then
    DM:youv’e got 5 toughness?
    Sefiros PL 8:you never said wht rank total his DC was
    10/6 at PL8
    and ultimate effort tough
    DM:ah okay.
    Well you gotta spend a hero point for the ultimate toughness, I mean I guess if youw ant I’l let you spend hachi’s hero points
    :P
    If you wnat to boost Sef. but Sef has none of his own
    Sefiros PL 8:nah i dont mind if he beats sef
    let him roll
    DC 14 is what i rolled on his tou
    DM:okay..
    Sefiros PL 8:be cool if he one blows me, my best student!
    DM:That’s a 3 degree fail wow.
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:Much to Oshiro’s surprise Masaru comes in under Sef s triking past his defenses.
    Sefiros PL 8:cool
    DM:As gregorio charges up some lightning.
    *****Start of Gregorio Prodynorites’s Turn*****
    Sefiros PL 8:this should help with his father def
    Calim Gorn:“When did Masaru get that fast? Damn…”
    Sefiros PL 8:so am i Ko’ed or not, i forgot if it was 3 degrees of 4
    DM:Gregorio lights his hand to the air seemingly firing upwards at a 45 degree angle.. though you can see the lighnting bolt fires upwards and then homes in Sefiros… from the air… seeming to unerringly strike it’s target.. directing for the tip of his blade…
    You got 3 wounds and staggered.
    Sefiros PL 8:ah ok
    DM:now you gotta make another toughness roll agianst his perception based damage attack
    Sefiros PL 8:at -3 correct?
    DM:yep
    Sefiros PL 8:ha
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:wow seriously? damn. lol.
    Sefiros PL 8:yeah i was tryingh to make him roll low
    Calim Gorn:Heh you didn’t add in anything for your Toughness score
    Sefiros PL 8:the power of psionics
    !
    DM:oh right
    you never added your toughness
    what’s your toughness? 6 you said?
    Sefiros PL 8:6 at Pl8
    but i assumed 5
    ie -1
    DM:So that’ll still be a 3rd degree fail.. and enoguh to take him down wo.
    Calim Gorn:Holy shit
    Sefiros PL 8:good, i dont wanna roll all night
    jim beam affliction
    DM:Masaru is shocked as the combined blows bring Sefiros down quickly.
    Sefiros PL 8:im saving my 20s for hana
    DM:Oshiro too tries not to show his surprise.
    The daiymo that is…
    Calim Gorn:“No way…”
    Sefiros PL 8:haha in yo face!
    the daimyo is gonna have to clean his pants
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“His opponent was weak. FIND ANOTHER!”
    Sefiros PL 8:haha damn
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Sefiros PL 8:hardcore!
    Imperion Terl:“That will have to wait until the next round…”
    Sefiros PL 8:well guess we know who zack is
    masaru
    Calim Gorn:Haha yeah
    Imperion Terl:“Masaru and Gregorio advance to round 2!”
    Sefiros PL 8:“Concentrate!”
    Imperion Terl:“A poor showing for Dragoband thus fart.”
    Sefiros PL 8:he rolled 3 on the octaslash DMV
    Imperion Terl:*far
    Sefiros PL 8:and kicked my ass
    DM:ookay next battle, everyone rolld20s to see who goes next.
    High roll will have it
    Young Geralt:i thought we already rolled?
    DM:heh well I forget what those were, that wasn’t an order i’m just diing high roll
    And that person is “next”
    since easier to remember heh.
    Young Geralt:oh, ok
    Sefiros PL 8:ha!
    DM:seriously?
    Sefiros PL 8:eat it
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Sefiros PL 8:praise be to kek
    Young Geralt:how you get 27 on a d20… cheater
    Sefiros PL 8:psiownage!
    DM:if you weren’t with another PC I’d say youh ave to wait for someone else.
    but I guess since you’re with herlock I’ll let you two go lol
    Young Geralt:take his dice
    Sefiros PL 8:haha
    Calim Gorn:Yeah you aren’t supposed to add the 7 lol
    Sefiros PL 8:G has experienced the prince that was promised of d20s
    Calim Gorn:But he rolled a nat 20 either way
    Sefiros PL 8:he has improved init
    +7
    Calim Gorn:You aren’t rolling init
    This is just a straight d20 roll
    Alyssa Toress:how big is this areana btw
    Calim Gorn:To see who goes first
    Sefiros PL 8:well i rolled a 20 anyways
    whatever
    Calim Gorn:Or goes next rather
    DM:Arielle cheers on her sister and Ryuu makenki also watches, even a bit of nervousness perhaps on his face.
    Sefiros PL 8:just use 20 then
    Calim Gorn:lol all the NPCs rolling bitchin’ inits
    Young Geralt:nah, you wasted your 20 for the match, lol
    Sefiros PL 8:i am teh 20s!
  • Sefiros PL 8 eyes turn black.
    Young Geralt:except on Sef’s resists, lol;
    Calim Gorn:No
    Bad dog
    Bad
    Bad
    rolled up newspaper
    Young Geralt:need to impersonate Hachi.. you not Sef any more
    DM:Hana leaps up , running on the rim o f the fountain moving in close to Hachi.
    Sefiros PL 8:he aint that tough
    Alyssa Toress:i just noticed that fountain is off center and its triggering my austim
    DM:You can see as she approaches though two copies of her seem to appear… almost like mirror images.
    Young Geralt:lol
    DM:Yeah heh… I didn’t bother perfectly cetnering it :P
    Sefiros PL 8:“That again….”
    Hachikomaru:“That again….”
    DM:Though Sef’ sscent can see through which is real.
    Hana does blow some pwoder at Hachi’s face though.
  • Hachikomaru wrinkles his nose.
    Hachikomaru:Toe jam!:
    “Toe jam!”
    “Dried toe jam powder!”
    Hana Makenki:Hana Makenki Attacks! (Ranged, +11, rank 5 Affliction) PA 2 Defensive Attack 2Roll Result: 17 (10) Effect Rank: 7
    Hachikomaru:hope she dont turn into the Great Muta
    DM:17 barely misses him…
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:and spray red mist in my face like sting
    Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna give her a heavens feel
    Calim Gorn:Oh shit
    DM:lmeme see what that is again heh.
    ah okay that’s aclose damage attack.
    Alyssa Toress:i am not sure thats right
    Hachikomaru:http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/20141230/5155071/the-great-muta-mist-festival-o.gif
    Alyssa Toress:it should be a rank 4 effect
    not 2
    i dunno how these macros work
    DM:lemmes ee…
    Alyssa Toress:its rank 4, str based, accurate 3, improved crit 4, letal / non lethal, penetrating 4
    DM:Your base close attack is what?
    Alyssa Toress:4
    DM:So should be +3 from accurate, and so +7 to hit. And you rolled a 16.
    So bonus should be 23
    Alyssa Toress:and a 16 is a crit
    DM:Yeah okay, so it’ll be rank 9 with the crit
    that’s gonna hit her.
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    Hachikomaru:go go go
    Alyssa Toress:i am not using the lethal mode
    okay
    Calim Gorn:lol, Hana just runs into a brick wall and gets blasted away
    DM:that’s a lightning attack I assume. Youd idn’t list the descriptor for it
    Alyssa Toress:its a sword
    DM:oh okay.
    Alyssa Toress:aela sword
    DM:ah okay.
    Alyssa Toress:its not a real sword
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 9) Roll Result: 14 ( natural:7 , Save DC:24 ) Hana Makenki -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    The attack dazes her and gives her some wounds stunningh er as you w hack her with the blade…
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:go hachi go!
  • Hachikomaru busts out his unarmed skillz, going for an non-lethal punch.
    *****Start of Hana Makenki’s Turn*****
    DM:Hachi misses with his punch.
    Hachikomaru:cant hurt my liege’s daughter
    Alyssa Toress:okay i figured out how the attack macro works
    it already knew my attack number
    DM:yeah.
    it should know that whatever you put in for your stat
    Alyssa Toress:the pl version of that sword is multi attack
    way better
    DM:Hana’s two ghost images disappear this turn… in fact she disappears entirely…
    Hachi can still smell her, but in fact he smells two versions of her…
    And once again she tries to get him with the powder.
    Hana Makenki:Hana Makenki Attacks! (Ranged, +11, rank 5 Affliction) PA 2Roll Result: 15 (6) Effect Rank: 7
    Calim Gorn:hax, she casts and attacks in the same round
    DM:But misses.
    Alyssa Toress:does she reappear ?
    DM:heh, well ti’s free actions to activate her shit. :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Nah she’s still invisble. She can attack while invis..you’ll need some way of detecting her, detect Aela or Mana might work.
    If you’ve got tjhose senses since she may only be visyually invisible, Sef’s scent is working.
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:i’ll cast a line attack where she used to be
    DM:OKay you direct a line up there but don’t hit anything.
    Alyssa Toress:not even any spectators?
    DM:lol.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hachikomaru:you dont roll on aoe, the enemy does
    DM:That’s a line AoE right?
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:That doens’t have an attack rol for that
    Calim Gorn:Yeah if it’s AoE you don’t roll
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    Calim Gorn:They just roll their defense
    Alyssa Toress:okay i miss anyway
    DM:Okjay.. yeah that doesn’t hit her.. how long is the range? just one applicationo f area?
    Hachikomaru:yup
    Alyssa Toress:extended range 2
    Calim Gorn:lol damn
    DM:well thatj ust lets you put it somewhere else, you have to actually enhnace the area (buying that multiple times to make it lnoger)
    That just means you can start the boltaway from you
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    okay
    DM:Since I thik that was a ranged area attack
    So you cans tart the bolt away from you
    Alyssa Toress:its a close area attack
    DM:oh.. heh.. then that shouldn’t be able to have improved range then lol
    Alyssa Toress:okay
    DM:It’d have to be ranged to have that mod heh.
    Alyssa Toress:nevermind
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:Hachi you got penetrate illusion on your thing
    Your scent?
    Hachikomaru:nah not yet
    conceal scent works vs him
    DM:Okay there’s two possibble Hanas you can attack, youg ot a couple choices you can just treat her like an invis oppnetn and attack a -5
    Or you could choose 1 (effectively a 50/50) and attack at no penalty.
    Hachikomaru:I’ll go for the roll
    DM:that assumes something with an attack roll, if no roll you just have to choose 1 unless you can encompass both
    Hachikomaru:thats with the -5, so i whiffed
    *****Start of Hana Makenki’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:yay i got my pl 7 character done
    BAH GAWD KING THATS ALYSSAS MUSIC
    DM:She tries once more with her powder on Sef… this time trying real hard to land it.. still circling him…
    Hana Makenki:Hana Makenki Attacks! (Ranged, +11, rank 5 Affliction) PA 1 AOA 1Roll Result: 12 (1) Effect Rank: 6
    Calim Gorn:You should probably just area nuke Hachi, you’ll catch Hana in it too
    DM:Wow and misses too.
    SHe inhales a little of the powder (cause she got a natural 1) and coughs a bit.. giving away part of her location t his round
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Alyssa Toress:can i tell where she is?
    DM:She’s still invisble but you could know enough to hit her with an AoE, or Hachi with his accurate sense knows w hich hana is real
    Alyssa Toress:like general dirction
    DM:You can’t see her, but you know her general d irection
    She’s above you
    Alyssa Toress:okay i am gonna launch a fireball
    air burst
    and fly back first
    DM:heh okay.
    That an Aoe or ranged damge?
    Alyssa Toress:aoe
    oh wait
    i dont roll
    DM:ah okay, she just rolls for that.
    Calim Gorn:You don’t roll for AoE lol
    Alyssa Toress:i get my hero point back
    DM:what rank is that?
    Alyssa Toress:6
    DM:yeah lol
    Alyssa Toress gains a hero point.
    Alyssa Toress:burst area
    scorched her
    DM:She’s staggered as the fireball catches her as she’s too busy coughing bits of smokle rise off her clothing, which even though she’s invisble the smoek is very visble giving her a good outline.
    *****Start of Hachikomaru’s Turn*****
    DM:And catching part of her kimono on fire.
    Hana Makenki:“I SAID NO FIRE!!”
    Calim Gorn:“Note to self: do not anger the princess.”
    DM:Hachi can attack her without penalty, since he knows where she’s at now both thanks to Alyssas smoke and Hana giving away which is her.
  • Hachikomaru goes for a kick this time.
    Alyssa Toress:i think i rmember how combat works again
    DM:Sef connects with Hana. hitting her.
    Hana Makenki:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 4) Roll Result: 16 ( natural:14 , Save DC:19 ) Hana Makenki -—- Failure by 1 degrees
    Hachikomaru:“Tag, you
    DM:Giving her another minor wound punching her while she’s partially on fire.
    *****Start of Hana Makenki’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:”Tag, you’re it!"
    well it was a kick actually
    DM:Ah okay.
    Hana Makenki:“Alright princess. I was saving this for later… but it’s time for my secret weapon”
    Hachikomaru:weak front kick or something
    Alyssa Toress:oh god i dont want to die
    Hachikomaru:“She’s gonna taker her shoes off.”
    “And make me pass out!”
    “Her feet reek.”
    DM:Hana pulls out acoil of rope fromh er back.. and says something in the Tai language to the rope… thge rope seems to anmate with a magic of its own.. trying to entangle Alyssa…
    Hachikomaru:“Hey! I didn’t use my tail against you! Ok you just wait cousin. I’m going to crush you in fluffiness!”
    Hana Makenki:Hana Makenki Attacks! (Close, +11, rank 5 Affliction)Roll Result: 21 (10) Effect Rank: 5
    DM:The rope starts to wrap around Alyssa.. she needs to make a dodge resistance c heck.
    Alyssa Toress:okay what do i roll
    if my dodge is 12
    my defense is 22?
    or what
    Hana Makenki:d20 +12
  • Herlock rolls: 1d20+12 => 19 + 12 = 31
    Calim Gorn:Heh, damn you have +12 Dodge?
    Alyssa Toress:i went all in on dodge and parry
    Hachikomaru:damn haha
    you’re a dodge beast
    beast mode!
    DM:wow… Alyssa dodges out of thew ay of the rope…
    Alyssa Toress:i only have 2 tougness
    Hachikomaru:pray T dont roll a 20
    you’re dead
    DM:Though the rope is still inh er hand.
    Calim Gorn:lol yeah
    *****Start of Alyssa Toress’s Turn*****
    DM:Shes visble now.
    Alyssa Toress:lightning bolt at hana
    Hachikomaru:id go for rolled atk
    make a roll
    got any reg ranged atks?
    Hana Makenki:that’s just a regular AoE right?
    Alyssa Toress:no
    thats a ranged attack
    Hachikomaru:good
    Alyssa Toress:not an aoe
    Hana Makenki:oh okay rank 4bast it look like on your sheet.
    Alyssa Toress:oh wait
    nah
    thats my old sheet
    i got a level 7 character sheet now
    DM:heh well you never sent me an updated one.
    so Im’ going by that one :P
    Alyssa Toress:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WLS_jmiwtTk0cZO7Q2neHqiMZrNVVzDYAdeJiaEvBxE/edit?usp=sharing
    DM:heh okay.
    poor Han.
    *Hana
    Alyssa Toress:is an 8 rank a lot
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 8) Roll Result: 6 ( natural:5 , Save DC:23 ) Hana Makenki -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    Hana gets blasted back knocking her out of the fight. a bit more smoke rising off her body, one of the templar runs in to give her some of the healing water and make sure she’s okay… as Ryuu does run over to ensure the same.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, might wanna drag her over to the fountain
    Hachikomaru:“Ha!”
    we win dont we
    DM:Yeah there’s someone on call to do that.
    Hachikomaru:oh 4 degrees damn lol
    yeah pwned
    “Nicely done, your grace.”
    Imperion Terl:“Well fought… the winner once again Emerald Band!”
  • Hachikomaru goes to check on Hana.
    Alyssa Toress:“i hope hana is okay”
    DM:They’re bsaiclly carrying her off aftr the fight to bringh er ot the barracks.
    So you don’t realyl see her… heh.
    Hachikomaru:pwnt
    DM:And you’re basically returned to the outer area.
    Hachikomaru:blown the fuck out…
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Well fought Alyssa.”
    Hachikomaru:finishing touch limit break
  • Sythe Zanyz IV congratulates the princess, and is perhaps happy to see his competiton get defeated. heh.
    Alyssa Toress:“thanks sythe”
    Hachikomaru:“I was first!”
    Alyssa Toress:“i felt bad about hurting another band mate”
    DM:Okay Geralt and Calim give me a roll to see whog oes next.
    Alyssa Toress:“but she’ll be okay”
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Sythe Zanyz IV shrugs.
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Well she’s not part of your band.”
    Hachikomaru:“Yeah screw her, she’ll be alright.”
    “She needs her butt whipped once for always pickin on me. She’ll be fine.”
    Alyssa Toress:oh
    oops
    Hachikomaru:“She’s got foxblood.”
    Alyssa Toress:sorry
    “oh right”
    “i just dont like hurting people”
    DM:Okay Geralt up next.
    Hachikomaru:“Next time she bothers me, I know who to come to.”
  • Hachikomaru jokes.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, T has a roller for init
    He just needs to clear the previous init
    DM:yeah I just use an autorolled
    *roller
    Young Geralt:well i got bamboozled
    Calim Gorn:Justy is gonna steamroll you guys btw
    Hachikomaru:haha
    fight the powah!
    DM:btw did you want to have your Quen up or not when the fiht starts.
    Hachikomaru:yeah she’s the toughest one in DB prolly
    DM:She’d be ale to see it since it’s noticeable.
    Young Geralt:will have penetrating oil applied prior to match, can i have Quen active too or not till the sword drops?
    Justy S. Lastrium:“Good luck guys.”
    Hachikomaru:shes mini wonder woman/spider-man
    DM:Yeah you’d have time to get quen up and apply your oil.
    Young Geralt:ok, will do
    Hachikomaru:she can choke you out pretty easy too irc
    sleeper move!
    DM:Okay so Quen up then?
    Young Geralt:yep
    so all resist roll sat -3 due to distracting
    DM:okay.
    She runs up to Geralt only armed with her fists… moving with rapid speed corsisng the fountain rim easily… runing on it for Style as she comes off with a jump kick.
  • Young Geralt attempts to dodge the blow…..
    DM:Her fist seems strong enhogugh to breach the Quen sign… punching right through event he hardened defense.. her blowss triking like those of a giant… maybe even stronger… even for such a small looking girl
    Young Geralt:holy hell, 7 atk and 11 effect. they PL9?
    DM:her foot actually since it’s a jumpkick heh.
    wait lemme see if I screwed that up
    Hmm.. I have her set to 8… lemmes ee how that’s screwed up…
    yeah.. weird it didn’t autocap it..
    oh I see…
    Hachikomaru:just do -1
    from both
    DM:hadn’t updated her from the new macros.
    Young Geralt:then that misses?
    DM:*for the new macros.
    That should be a 16. yeah.
    Young Geralt:dodge 17
    DM:With quen up it’s lower though.
    since distracting makes you like a 13 or something.
    So that’s gonna hit ya with the distracting on
  • Young Geralt sidesteps the blow and creates and opening for Viniira
    DM:Though you will get the extra toughnes boost.
    Young Geralt:oh, right reduces my defense by 3
    DM:So you are hit by a rank 10 attack.
    you get your extra toughness from the sign of course.
    Young Geralt:so my toughness also at 3 event hough my dodge was reduced too?
    DM:Nah you got your quen toughness what ever that is.
    So I think that’s 9 otughness?
    Actually maybe higher at PL 7
    think you got it at 10 now
    should add 3 to that for t he Quen boost since it looks like it should be imeprvopus 10 based on your char sheet
    Young Geralt:well that just rolled it at 7
    Hachikomaru:nice roll
    Calim Gorn:Heh, with the 3 you actually deflect her attack I think
    DM:Yeah. Geralt’s defenses hold up holding off Justy’s powerful punch
    Calim Gorn:Kick
    DM:yeah kick heh.
    :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Yeah that’ll totally deflect it
    however
    She does get a free grab attempt on you on any unarmed hit
    ….
    So that still applies.
    You can roll your strength or dodge agaisnt her grab attempt
    Remember your dodge is only 3 thanks to the distracting.
    actually won’t matter if you use str or dodge heh, they’re both +3
    This is to resist her grab
    Hachikomaru:that sucked
    Young Geralt:realy? shit use of HP
    DM:that’s adding your full dodge there… with Quen you’re down to 3 dodege, so that’s technicalyl a 17.
    Evne with the 17 she does get a partial hand on you. making you immobile and vulnerable. as she grabs you with one arm.
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    DM:Vinira enchants her axe with flaming energy and attacks Justy..
    Young Geralt:already vulnerable so no diff
    it is a distraction for vinira, lol
    DM:yeah heh.
    it’s just even if youd rop quen y ou’ll be vulnerable still heh.
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Close, +6, rank 6 Damage)Roll Result: 23 (17) Effect Rank: 6
    Hachikomaru:thats a hit
    DM:Vinira chops into her iwth the flaming axe.
    Hachikomaru:cat fight
    dragon band is getting pwnt tonight
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 25 ( natural:18 , Save DC:21 ) Justy S. Lastrium -
    —— Success
    Young Geralt:hell
    DM:The axe did catch her on fire though potentially doing continuing secondary damge
    Calim Gorn:lol
    I told you man, Justy is a beast
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
  • Young Geralt slices with a upward stroke against his opponents holdin him
    DM:heh okay.
    She’s seems an able ggrappler holding someone with one arm not impairing her own defenses.
    Calim Gorn:(to Nori) “At least we didn’t get matched against her.”
    Alyssa Toress:“man i heard sefiros was awesome but that justy girl is really good and sefiros was bad”
    DM:wow a cirt.
    so rank 11 damage on her.
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 11) Roll Result: 11 ( natural:4 , Save DC:26 ) Justy S. Lastrium -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    That staggers her.
    Though she still maintains her grab.
  • Young Geralt brings his blade up stabbing it into his target as her body is close and limited in movement.
    *****Start of Justy S. Lastrium’s Turn*****
    DM:First she’s gonna get her chance to regenerate…
    Doesn’t do it…
    She’ll use her action to recover. remoivn gthe stagger.
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    DM:Vinira attacks against with flaming axe.
    Tryitng to press the advantage.
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Close, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2 AOA 2Roll Result: 14 (8) Effect Rank: 8
    DM:But Justy fends her off.
    Though due to her secondary damge Justy does take some fire damage from being lit on fire before
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 10 ( natural:6 , Save DC:21 ) Justy S. Lastrium -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    wow…
    damn rolling horrible
    Young Geralt:“Get her off me Viniira.”
    DM:The burning staggers her.
    Young Geralt:“Great job!”
    *****Start of Young Geralt’s Turn*****
    DM:Though she still maintains her grip on Geralt.
  • Young Geralt follows through with another close quarters movement of his blade….
    Young Geralt:another cit
    DM:damn.
    Oh that has improved crit 2?
    poor Justy.
    Young Geralt:yep, one adv and one on blade
    DM:okay.
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 11) Roll Result: 18 ( natural:17 , Save DC:26 ) Justy S. Lastrium -—- Failure by 2 degrees
    She’s still standing after the slash badly injured but still fighting…
    *****Start of Justy S. Lastrium’s Turn*****
    DM:Justy heals 1 wound
    Since she’s dazed she only gets one action so she can’t do what she wanted to do.. so she’ll just attack Geralt.
    She goes for all she’s got… trying to take him down
    Justy S. Lastrium:Justy S. Lastrium Attacks! (Close, +8, rank 8 Damage) PA 5 AOA 2Roll Result: 8 (3) Effect Rank: 13
    DM:wow and misses. damn Ic an’t roll for shit
    Young Geralt:and Geralt sidesteps the blow in close quarters
    DM:And somehow Geralt manages to dodge the onslaught… her punches poorly aimed from the fires that still burn onh er clothes.
    And her many injuries.
    *****Start of Viniira the Horned’s Turn*****
    DM:Viniira ghoes in for another attack
    Young Geralt:“She’s weak. Take her down.”
    Viniira the Horned:Viniira the Horned Attacks! (Close, +6, rank 6 Damage) PA 2 AOA 2Roll Result: 10 (4) Effect Rank: 8
    Young Geralt:boo
    DM:But she misses
    Her secondary fire damgae does continue to burn though
    For another rnak 6 damge attack
    Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 6) Roll Result: 2 ( natural:2 , Save DC:21 ) Justy S. Lastrium -—- Failure by 4 degrees
    Hachikomaru:ha
    DM:The fire attack finally bringing her down before burning out.
    Calim Gorn:lol wow
    DM:Yeah heh.
    Calim Gorn:Can’t believe she didn’t take down at least one of you
    Hachikomaru:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7KK7bXJV2c
  • Young Geralt shakes her lose as her grip releases.
    DM:yeah sme terrible roling on Dragon band’s part.
    Calim Gorn:Kaldar will probably pwn us though
    DM:Her grip releases as some of the faster templar move out to get her ot the fountain
    yup last fight..
    Nori and Calim against Kaldar
  • Calim Gorn stands slightly behind Nori
  • Young Geralt grabs Viniira and raises her hand in victory, and bows toward the stage with the Oshiro and their leader
  • Calim Gorn loads a special cartridge into his pistol as he walks into the arena
    Viniira the Horned:“Ha Bunch of weaklings! Had no faith in us!”
  • Viniira the Horned holds up her flaming axe in victory.
    Young Geralt:“Cant stand up to us. We proved Yt’s strength.”
    DM:Kaldar comes out in his chainmail… but from what you hear, the armor is mostly just for show…
    Alyssa Toress:hey wait
    suzu didnt fight yet
  • Young Geralt walks off the stage still holding her hand in hand.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, her and Hamidar will go last I guess
    DM:heh yeah I haven’t done any of the NPCs
    Alyssa Toress:ok
    just determine a winner
    DM:was probably just onna do them as descriptive
    Alyssa Toress:and dont roll it
    DM:yeah I don’t want to have you guys wait it out
    unless you really care otherwise I’ll determine a winner heh
    Calim Gorn:Nah narrative is fine
    Young Geralt:“I think that deserves a victory treat for you my dear.”
    DM:Oshiro declares the match started and Calim acts first.
  • Calim Gorn takes aim with his pistol and fires his special round at Kaldar
    Calim Gorn:Gonna Power Stunt, Rank 10 ranged Affliction
    Vs will
    The effects will be Vulnerable / Defenseless / Incapacitated
    DM:vs. Will, what’s that gonna represent exactly?
    Calim Gorn:Basically an enchanted mind affecting round
    Hachikomaru:muddle
    Calim Gorn:Heh yeah, something like that
    Alyssa Toress:its a marijuana round
    DM:Hmm yeah I guess it could be some kind of pure Aela type stunning thing
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s basically what I’m going for
    Alyssa Toress:its coated in thc
    Young Geralt:lol
    Calim Gorn:Just like some massive overwhelming mind blast thing
    Not gonna spend Hero Point for the Power Stunt so that’ll fatigue me
    DM:Well they wouldn’t have a true mind blast in a jar, but it could be similar to a pure Aela that disrupts imbued and requires a will basically does what you’re trying to do anyway.
    Hachikomaru:https://i.redd.it/o02pkd72mxlx.gif
    tabs spell
    DM:okay.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Young Geralt:((BTW, could i tell if my formula was good or not?))
    Calim Gorn:Hopefully the roller doesn’t fuck this up
    DM:Hmm. I’ll give you a perc check.
    it’s kinda asublt effect so you may not have noticed, but i’l let you get a perc check to see if it was good or not
    Young Geralt:holy hell, a 2
    DM:you weren’t exactly sure heh.
    That’ll hit him
    Calim Gorn:Whoo
    Young Geralt:i hate this roller, it likes me better as a GM, hehe
    Calim Gorn:Will save vs Affliction
    Alyssa Toress:rank 10 is a big hit
    DM:damn…
    Calim Gorn:Heh, damn, so close
    DM:gonna be a 2 degree fail so that’ll make himd efenseless.
    Calim Gorn:That’s 2 degree fail
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn pulls the trigger as the barrel of his pistol glows and spins, imparting magical energy into the shell, which then explodes out of the end of the weapon and strikes Kaldar
    Alyssa Toress:hey guys how do you feel about playing for another 2 or 3 hours
    DM:he moves with surprisng speed… circling around.
    Young Geralt:i need sleep
    why do we need to coninue after this anyway?
    DM:As he launches a rapid fire torrent of thrown daggers at Calim
    Calim Gorn:Hm this might hurt
    Alyssa Toress:i dunno me and sef were just talking the o ther day bout playing late so i thought i would ask
    Young Geralt:well i guess you can do something without Geralt, bui’ll be out after the tourney
    Calim Gorn:Heh, hits
    DM:The daggers strike not Calim, but his gun.
    Calim Gorn:wtf
    Alyssa Toress:OH FUCK
    Young Geralt:lol
    Calim Gorn:Yeah this might be bad
    Young Geralt:not harder to hit a called shot on gear in this system?
    DM:it’s made of metal so going to say it has a base toughness of 8
    It is. But he has the feat
    improved smash, he ignores the -5 for hitting a hand held object
    Young Geralt:nice
    Calim Gorn:Heh, okay, want me to roll Toughness for it?
    DM:So just give me a d20+8 for the gun
    Calim Gorn:I will Hero Point this if it rolls shitty
    DM:heh.
    Calim Gorn:Hmm
    DM:gonna keep that?
    Calim Gorn:Yeah I’ll go ahead and Hero Point that
    DM:heh okay roll it up
    Calim Gorn:lol, well marginally better
    DM:The gun manages to soak the blow not taking any damage to it.
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    DM:Nori rushes out to try to engage him.
    Calim Gorn:“Tch…”
    DM:Nori does at elast have uncanny dodge btw.
    Calim Gorn:lol that’s good
    Nori Yuudai:Nori Yuudai Attacks! (Close, +8, rank 4 Damage) Defensive Attack 2Roll Result: 10 (4) Effect Rank: 4
    DM:Nori swings at him but misses
    Going at him wtih his spera.
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn switches his gun to its standard Aela burst and opens fire with a flurry of shots
    Calim Gorn:This attack is energy based heh
    DM:heh okay.
    Young Geralt:don;t let down Emerald band
    Calim Gorn:Also it has multi
    DM:okay I’m gonna give a-2 cover mod cause Nori is blocking you. unless you want to circle.
    Unless you got the cover ignoring advantage.
    Calim Gorn:Hmm, I’ll circle
    DM:ok.
    Calim Gorn:I don’t think there’s any way Nori can keep him from charging me anyway
    DM:well I’d give him an opposed roll i f he wants to try to stop him
    Assumingh e’s between the two fo you
    Calim Gorn:Oh
    Well in that case I’ll take the cover penalty
    So 21 to hit
    DM:I mean, there’s no AoOs but I do all opposed rolls to try to stop someone if you’re deliberately in a position to block em and not otherwise occupied
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay
    DM:Alright that’s gonna hit him by 2 degrees.
    Calim Gorn:Whoo, +2 damage
    So 8 altogether
    Fuck
    DM:Kaldar shakes off the attack
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    DM:He tries to push past Nori using his athletics basically triyng to hedge him out.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Oh, did you count that he was defenseless against my shot?
    Or did he make his save for my affliction rather
    DM:oh right. should have been 3 more damge.
    though wouldn’t have mattered aginst his 27
    Yeah lemme roll his save too
    Calim Gorn:Nope
    DM:didn’t lose the defeneless.
    He blows by Nori rushing at you with his lance… apparently going for a killnig blow.
    Calim Gorn:Oh heh, wait
    It says if he’s defenseless then attacks against him count as a routine check
    And if I roll then any hit is an auto crit
    So another 5 damage on top of that, lol
    DM:ah… hmm..
    Calim Gorn:I think that might have just barely been enough
    DM:wait.. that seems wrong.
    There.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, 1 degree lol
    DM:yeah.. it’d be a 1 deggree wound
    Anyway ,he’s going for all out lance attack… 5 pts, and 3 pt PA.
    Calim Gorn:Oh goody, this is gonna hurt
    Yeah that hits
    DM:have fun with that :)
    damn.
    Well taht’s a 1 degree anyway
  • Calim Gorn braces himself and holds the edge of his coat up, catching the lance tip and somehow managing to soak most of the damage
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    DM:Nori rushes the guy with his spear..
    actuyaly that’d be an auto crit but it’d just bounce off cause he can’t break his impervious
    His spear basically strikes against Kaldar and his skin is like iron, striking away the puny spear.
    Nori Yuudai:“I can’t hurt him!”
    Calim Gorn:lol, great
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:“Just do what you can, distract him!”
    Alyssa Toress:nori is fucking awful
    Calim Gorn:Well let’s see, since he’s Defenseless I can do full Defensive Attack
    And I’ll throw a PA in on that too because why not
    DM:heh yeah that’s probabbly a good idea.
    I mean you could stil miss if you roll since he’s got a 10
    Or you could just take the routine so long as you’d hit on a take 10 you cang et him.
    Calim Gorn:Kaldar is a tank, gotta go for the crits
  • Calim Gorn takes a step back and unloads on Kaldar point blank
    Calim Gorn:So that’ll be 2 degrees for multi plus a crit
    DM:Btw do youh ave the def attakc advantage?
    Calim Gorn:So 13 damage total
    Yes
    DM:ok
    Calim Gorn:God damn, stop rolling so good
    DM:1 degree again
    doesn’t do it
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:My Parry is 21 now
    DM:Kaldar presses the attack wtih his lance… though doesn’t PA just all outa ttack 5
    Actually…..
    Kaldar throws down his lance, drawing his blade and attack as he closes
    He’s got a big arsenal of weapons
    All out attack 5.
    Calim Gorn:Fuck
    DM:good sword switch.
    damn.
    Yeah barely no damage.
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn soaks the hit with his jacket, which is clearly made of unusually tough material
    DM:Nori tries a pure assist on your defense.
    trying to interere with him
    since he’s defenselss he can basicaly automatically do it to give you the +5.
    Calim Gorn:Nice
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn steps back and unloads on Kaldar again
    Calim Gorn:Defensive Attack 5 and PA 2
    Heh, well he went all out last round so that’s still 2 degrees success I think
    DM:yeah heh.
    Calim Gorn:So another 13 damage
    Jesus Christ
    DM:1 wound
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:And my Parry is 26 with the Defensive Attack and Nori’s assist
    DM:Still doesn’t end the defenseless.
    yeah he’s gotta gamble on taking you out. All out attack 5 with sword
    Calim Gorn:Holy fuck
    Kaldar Orun II:a crit too
    Calim Gorn:lol and I’m out of Hero Points, of course
    DM:Double failure.
    2 degree rather
    Calim Gorn:“Nngh!”
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    DM:Nori continues to interfere, he’s still defensesls so he can route a 2 degree success
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
    Alyssa Toress:man that 30 would even hit me
    with 12 dodge
    Calim Gorn:Can I still do the Defensive Attack and PA on a routine check?
    DM:yeah I beleive so.
    Since it’s just a take 10
    You can still do that stuff.
    It’ss till aprt of the roll.
    It just won’t be a crit.
    Obviously ou’ll stil have to hit him with taking a 10 of course.
    Though he’s all out attacking like a madman so…
    Shouldn’t be too tough.
    Calim Gorn:Heh okay, I’ll do that then, my take 10 result is a 12 and with him doing AoA 5 that’s still 2 degrees of success I think so will basically be rank 8 damage
    Kaldar Orun II:okay.
    [[15+8-14]
    That’ll be a 2 degre on him
    Calim Gorn:Man, so close to a 3 degree
    DM:Kaldar is dazed a bit from the attack….but stays up
    Kaldar Orun II:doesn’t clear it yet.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:“They had to give us the tough one.”
    Parry 26 still
    DM:Since e’s dazed he resorts to a ranged attack, grabbing some fo hi sthrowing knives and going for your gun again.
    Kaldar Orun II:All out attac
    Calim Gorn:Dodge 26 too lol
    DM:Damn barely misses.
    Calim Gorn:lol nice
    Hachikomaru:damn this is still going on
    DM:His knives knick the side of the gun putting a scratch there but no real damge.
    Calim Gorn:“Keep it up, Nori! We’ll wear him down yet!”
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    DM:Nori keeps it up
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn unloads again
    DM:Trying to distract and trip him up and such
    Calim Gorn:8 damage
    lol geez
    Death of a thousand cuts
    Kaldar Orun II:(1 wound)
    Calim Gorn:Fuck
    DM:And his defenselss clears.
    Calim Gorn:He cleared it
    Hachikomaru:lemme roll a d20 for tab :-p
    get this over with…
    Calim Gorn:His turn now
    Kaldar Orun II:he throw shis daggers agin but goes on the full dfenese, hoping for a natural high roll.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, Dodge 26 still
    Wtf
    Kaldar Orun II:and a crit too. with his 18.
    Calim Gorn:Jesus Christ
    Kaldar Orun II:He’s throwing for your gun, so it’s your gun that has to resist it
    Hachikomaru:haha
    Kaldar Orun II:It’s toughness 8.
    DM:Does 1 damage to the gun, enoguh to shake it a bit but not stop it from functioning.
    1 gun wound.
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:“Tch…”
    DM:Nori has to try to do an assist for real this time…
    Hachikomaru:this is the round that never ends, for it goes on and on my friends, someone started singing it, not knowing what it was, and it’ll continue on forever just because….this is the round that never ends….
  • Hachikomaru sings.
    DM:Well he did give him a -5 to hit you
    Calim Gorn:Yeah Alyssa should have fought this guy, she could just nuke him to death with no problem
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
    Nori Yuudai:He’s at full defense now.
    Alyssa Toress:can he not make ranged attacks against a flying person?
    Nori Yuudai:He’s got a bow nd throwing knives.
    Alyssa Toress:i got pretty good dodge
    Calim Gorn:Hmm, what to do
    Fuck it, I’ll stay on full defense and PA and hope for a 20
    Nope
    Other way dice, other way
    DM:heh okay…
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:So I got 21 Dodge/Parry and he’s got -5 to hit plus the -5 from his Defensive Attack
    Or I guess that was last round’s attack
    Hachikomaru:whos your team mate?
    Calim Gorn:Nori
    Hachikomaru:rofl
    Alyssa Toress:hes useless
    DM:Kaldar reaches for his shortsword this round dual wielding that with his longsword
    Hachikomaru:yeah, just take a knee :-p
    Calim Gorn:lol he’s giving me defense at least
    Hachikomaru:“I yield!”
    lol
    DM:3 pt defense attack.
    Calim Gorn:Christ
    Is that with his -5?
    Hachikomaru:damn jobber, keeps throwing the match to let you win, damn mcmahon, paying him off
    DM:well you get a +5 to your defense.
    I didn’t apply the -5 there
    Calim Gorn:Heh you said Nori gave him -5 last round
    DM:was figuring youw ere justa dding it to your D
    oh okay.
    yeah so that’d be a 20 then
    Calim Gorn:Misses then
    DM:heh damn
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn ducks just in time
    Calim Gorn:I love you Nori
    DM:wow succeed agaisnt for a -5 on him to hit you
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
  • Calim Gorn prays for 20’s again
    Calim Gorn:Close
    Hachikomaru:quit PAing
    i mean defensive atking
    just go PA all the way
    Calim Gorn:lol he’s going to murder me if I don’t
    Hachikomaru:try to kill him before he does you
    Calim Gorn:I can’t do more than a 2 point PA
    I don’t have the advantage
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:oh thought you did 5 pts earlier
    Calim Gorn:No I’ve been doing 5 point on Defensive Attack
    DM:This round Kaldar turns towards Nori with his longsword sick of his interference…
    Hachikomaru:yeah half asleep
    DM:he whirls and slashes him
    Calim Gorn:lol Nori is gonna splat
    DM:Toughness save versus Damage (Effect Rank: 14) Roll Result: 18 ( natural:14 , Save DC:29 ) Nori Yuudai -—- Failure by 3 degrees
    Nori is staggered.
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    DM:Nor will just recover his stagger this turn
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
    Hachikomaru:just PA, no defensive
    use the force luke
    Calim Gorn:Heh, yeah seems like he can hit me just fine even with all my AC whoring
    Might as well just go all out and pray to the dice gods
  • Hachikomaru plays the force theme music.
    Calim Gorn:lol geez
    DM:Kaldar parries the blow.
    Calim Gorn:He’s probably gonna splatter me now
    Hachikomaru:well either way its over :-p
    DM:Whipping aroind to deflect it.. and going for the kill seeing Nori is no longer protecting oyu
    Hachikomaru:mercy my lord, mercy!
    DM:barely hits.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, hits
    DM:He brings his longsword down on you… for…
    a 3 degree failure
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    *****Start of Nori Yuudai’s Turn*****
    DM:Nori now tries to interefere again…
    Wow did manage to get the +5 again.
    Hachikomaru:throw him out of the building like stone cold
    *****Start of Young Calim’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:I love you Nori, I don’t care what anyone says about you
    Hachikomaru:off ayalane
  • Calim Gorn tries for the all out attack again, throwing caution to the wind
    Calim Gorn:Christ
    Hachikomaru:go for the disqualification and low blow the refs!
    Calim Gorn:Can’t roll for shit when it matters the most
    DM:well with his all out attack that’ll hit.
    so..
    Calim Gorn:Oh, yay
    Alyssa Toress:i mean it doesnt really matter most right now
    its a practice
    its not like you are gonna die
    DM:wow…
    And soak sit
    *****Start of Kaldar Orun II’s Turn*****
    Calim Gorn:Sigh
    DM:He goes all out attack on Calim, no PA.
    has -5 from Nori
    He’s using his shortsword
    Calim Gorn:Parry 14 thanks to my All Out
    DM:actually wait.. you went all out so he’ll use longsword
    Calim Gorn:lol splat
    DM:crit. heh.
    yeah smoked.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah that’s a second 3 degree
    DM:He drops Calim and Nori yeilds.
    Calim Gorn:I think he only rolled like one Toughness check below 20
    DM:Kaldar has a history of winning duels.
    Young Geralt:Emerald’s first defeat
    DM:He always beat Sef.
    Calim Gorn:Yeah, you had to give me the freight train
    He’s probably even more badass than Justy
    DM:I did rol that randomly.
    Masaru and Alyssa had prearranged opponents. but the rest I did randomly
    Hachikomaru:yeah he whipped me like my first battle ever in M&M
    kaldar did that is
    Alyssa Toress:lol
    hana was a push over
    DM:yeah that was kinda the point
    :P
    Alyssa Toress:i know
    DM:The queen doesn’t want you to get your ass kicked.
    Calim Gorn:“Damn it… Of course I had to be the first one to lose.”
    Alyssa Toress:i mean i am decent!
    Young Geralt:yeah, whatever, your fight was STAGED, lol
  • Calim Gorn nurses his wounds on the sidelines, his pride seemingly more hurt than anything
    Hachikomaru:STONE COLD! STONE COLD! on back of Magitek armor instead of bear truck
    to fix these fixed matches
    Young Geralt:like WWE
    Hachikomaru:beer truck*
  • Masaru Oshiro gives you a look that seems to say “Welcome to my world” (since he was partnered with Nori in all those other losses he took)
    Hachikomaru:rofl
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Hey Nori did what he could, he helped me hang in there a lot longer than I would have otherwise
    Hachikomaru:team up with masaru next time tab!
    Nori Yuudai:“I’m sorry… i tried my best.”
  • Calim Gorn shakes his head, “You did admirably, given our opponent.”
    Hachikomaru:damn jobber
    Viniira the Horned:“Don’t worry, we can beat that guy, he’s not that tough.”
    Calim Gorn:“If it weren’t for you I wouldn’t have lasted as long as I did.”
    “We at least gave him a run for his money.”
    Hachikomaru:“You need a sharper sword.”
    Masaru Oshiro:“It was well fought. He was a formidable opponent.”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“I can take him… he’s just a big lightning rod in that armor.”
    Hachikomaru:“Hana says his skin is tough.”
    “Like iron.”
    Young Geralt:“That’s what this oil is for.”
    Hachikomaru:“Thats all I know about him.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, my sword might have been able to penetrate it, but I knew my gun would have better effect.”
    Anise Dreamborn:“Harder than iron from what I hear.”
    Hachikomaru:“And he’s the heir to a major rahseldian house.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i bet i could beat him”
    Hachikomaru:“Your father’s house, princess.”
    Alyssa Toress:“just rain lightning from the air”
    Hachikomaru:“That makes him ‘your’ cousin right?”
    Alyssa Toress:“i suppose so”
    Hachikomaru:“Is it 1st, or 2nd?”
  • Hachikomaru scratches his head.
    Alyssa Toress:i dont know
    what is he T?
  • Calim Gorn glances up at the stands for a moment, as if looking for someone
    DM:wait..
    actually heh I’d have to check..
    Hachikomaru:“He could just pluck you out of the sky with his bow, if you just try to fly and pummel him from the air.”
    DM:lol… that’s a good question lol
    I’ll have an aswer fo you next time since I don’t really feel like oging through the family tree, I thiknhe’s like Kaldar’s uncle that’s her father.
    Hachikomaru:“It’ll be a fight regardless.”
    DM:so whatever the hell that makes him
    I really hav eno clue P
    Since it’s not amain line Orun that she married since it’s matrilineal
    so they don’t marry from the main inheriting line
    Hachikomaru:“I heard he defeated Sefiros as well, when they were our age.”
    Alyssa Toress:i think uncle wo uld be first cousin
    Calim Gorn:Yeah pretty sure that’s first cousin
    DM:Next up is Anise and Vilar against Sythe.
    Calim Gorn:Heh, this should be an interesting match
    Hachikomaru:yeah it is
    1st cuz
    Calim Gorn:Sythe is probably gonna have some super devious plan to fuck with them
    DM:When the matchi s called Sythe seems to be nowhere to be found… though after calling his name a 3rd time… he finally appears…
    Piloting an assault Shiadar magitech armor.
    Calim Gorn:rofl
    Hachikomaru:har!
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“What is the meaning of this?!”
    “This is not a duel.”
  • Calim Gorn laughs
  • Hachikomaru chuckles.
    Calim Gorn:“Well played, Sythe. Well played.”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Armor is allowed. This is mine.”
    Hachikomaru:i hope they took the lit bolt materia
    Calim Gorn:Well Vilar has that badass sword
    DM:He marhces the magitech armor to the center of the arena… with Vilar and Anise giving looks to each other, like what the hell.
    Hachikomaru:“Pray!” he encourages him with a smirk"
    them

    Alyssa Toress:man good thing he didnt get matched against suzu
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“This is a disgrace to dueling! I demand you show respect to your oponent and leave that ridiculous machine.”
    Imperion Terl:“By the rules it is legal…”
    Hachikomaru:“It’s no worse than a woman, lord Oshiro….”
  • Hachikomaru says a bit joking.
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“I’ll indulge you Daimyo Oshiro.. out of respct of course.”
    Hachikomaru:“Aww come on!”
    DM:Sythe leaves the shiadar oepning the cockpit and then closing it up stepping out with his pistol in hand, and also holding a device in hand.
    Calim Gorn:lol remote control
    Hachikomaru:“You’d better win, templar!”
    DM:Sythe holds his disc shaped device, waitng near an activation crystal…
    Calim Gorn:(whisper to Suzu) “The Daimyo may not like it, but on an actual battlefield he would have no reason to leave that Shiadar behind. Magitech makes up for physical weakness and lack of combat skill in many ways. And Sythe clearly has no shame in using it to his fullest advantage.”
    DM:Oshiro gives the signal to start the fight… Anise conjuring a set of 4 enchanted blades that seems to fly of their own f ree will andVilar throwing his blade… though Sythe triggers his device as the flying blade gets within range… it seems to nullify the swor’ds Aela temporarily causing the blade ot fall to the ground at Sythe’s feet.
    Anise… directs her summon swords at him… one of them getting a cut on him… as Sythe dodges with impressive agilty.
    Vilar also pulls his pistol deprived of his main weapon… Sythe using the heavy shiadar as cover.
    Anise sends her flying blades at him again, as he dodges and parries, now drawing a parrying blade.
    Then he yells out “Now!” as his shiadar opens fire seemingly on its own..
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Taking Anise by surprise and knocking her down and out with its owerful guns.
    Alyssa Toress:the entire arena is destroyed
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“He’s got a Di Crystal piloting that thing.”
    “He has to!”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“Quite devious.”
    DM:With the armor and his pistol he also takes down Vilar as they’re rushed for the ofuntain… Oshiro looksv ery unpleased.
    Calim Gorn:“But as I said, there are no rules on an actual battlefield.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i think i chose well”
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“Theb attle was supposed to be 2 on 1! Once again you show dishonor by using your machine as an ally!”
    Calim Gorn:“We have to be prepared for an opponent like that.”
  • Sythe Zanyz IV smirks.
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Di Crystals aren’t people Daimyo, they’re possessions.”
    “And I am entitled to my possessions in this fight.”
  • Calim Gorn glances at Suzu and tries to gauge her reaction to the fight
    Alyssa Toress:you think a magitech armor could take down that guy that beat you tab?
    Calim Gorn:Maybe
    DM:She seems a bit scared when Anise and Vilar went down afraid they mgiht be hurt but she stays pretty quiet.
    Calim Gorn:Kaldar can probably hit hard enough to take one down though
    Alyssa Toress:wow
    Calim Gorn:Depends on how much Impervious it has
    Alyssa Toress:probably a bunch
    T builds the most broken shit
    Hachikomaru:“We still won the title, we had more wins.”
    DM:The daimyo seems extrmeely agitated, but doesn’t say anythging else.. apparently Sythe gets the last word… as he walks off a victor.
    Alyssa Toress:he complains about us
    but the shit he makes is way more broken
    Calim Gorn:Heh, Suzu and Hamidar still have their fight
    DM:Lol you realize you won most of your fights :P
    Hachikomaru:damn more?
    none shall sleep
    Alyssa Toress:you put me against a weakling on purpose :P
    DM:Suzu and Hamidar step up, the last fight…
    I didn’t but the queen did.
    :P
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:She knew Hana was an easy opponent.
    Alyssa Toress:hamtaro is the guy that kills all life around him right
    Imperion Terl:“The last fight of the day.”
    Calim Gorn:Yeah
    DM:Hamidar and Suzu step out, Hamidar telling Suzu to get behind him.
    Calim Gorn:Should have partnerned with him, maybe he could have vampired out Kadar’s toughness
    DM:As Verion steps forth on the other side of the arena.. another easy fight it would seem.. or at least it seems to be an even 1on1 at least.
    Alyssa Toress:i feel like hamidar is gonna be uber
    DM:The battle begins with Verion firing a blast of cold using Aela magic. which Hamidar manages to dodge.
    Calim Gorn:I still want Suzu to find herself and just uber nuke something
    DM:Hamidar responds by raisng his arm at Verion and concentrating.. and you can see Verion all ofa sudden seem as though he can’t breathe… his normal spell chanting interrupted.
    From his mouth you can see him trying to cough out a greenish gas.
    Calim Gorn:“Hm… So this is Hamidar’s power.”
    DM:Verion tries to rush with his blade but misses… as Hamidar continues to concentrate… Verion’s face getting all pale… and witha look of panic… He doesn’t exactyl yield, since he can’t talk but the Queen announces that Verion Toress yields the match, apparently afraid of what may happen if it continues.
    And Hamidar ceases whatever it is he was doing, which doesn’ts eem tob e any form of magic because he deosn’t chant or really need somatic gestures.
    Alyssa Toress:i told you bro
    that dude is nasty
    Daimyo Takashi Oshiro:“A battle of magicians…. as usual the girl needed a protector.”
    “Well fought Hamidar, the victory is yours.”
    Alyssa Toress:man i try hard
    to get suzu to do anything
    DM:She did fire a shot or two with a shock pistol.
    Young Geralt:she gonna get mad and go Godzilla on Oshiro
    DM:Though she seemed to not be able to hit anything really.
    She’s not really a great shot.
    Imperion Terl:“Well fought, the tournament for today is ver, next week the winners shall advance, and we shall fight until one Band is eliminated.”
    Young Geralt:“Well we are half way there.”
  • Calim Gorn heads up into the stands after the last fight is over, looking for his family
    Hachikomaru:“Who will we fight? Random opponents again 2 vs 1?”
    Gregorio Prodynorites:“I’m glad Hamidar is on our side.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i should be extra nice to hamidar”
    Young Geralt:in a typical bracket system those without a match should ge t abuy in round two
    Imperion Terl:“Your opponents will be selected as before, the teams shall remain the same.”
    DM:Well remembber this is kinda politcally done too, where the factions can influence it.
    Alyssa Toress:its double elimination
    DM:Like they’re probably gonna give Alyssa the bye. :P
    Young Geralt:oh, i thought it was single
    Calim Gorn:lol
    DM:Well no the guys that are eliminated are gone.
    It’s just now the survivors on each side are matched up
    Obviously if one side has more though, they may get a bye.
    Alyssa Toress:that was the group stage
    now we are moving to sudden death
    but first we have to draw lots
    to see where we are seeded
    its 64 teams
    DM:So only sythe and kaldar remain meaning two of you will get a bye on the next round.
    Alyssa Toress:does the winner get a trophy
    like the lombardi cup
    Hachikomaru:we want the belt
    DM:well I mean there’s no one winnter, its’ the whole band that wins
    Hachikomaru:hulk hogan we commin for ya!
    DM:Since you never fight each other.
    You just have to eliminate all of Dragon bands competitiors.
    Alyssa Toress:does the winning team get a lombardi cup
    DM:So you gotta beat Kaldor and Sythe
  • Young Geralt will continue to practice tactics.. and other stuff… with viniira
    Hachikomaru:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkfhS255dfo
  • Calim Gorn looks for the House Gorn box in the stands after the last fight is over
    DM:If you’d like I can determine your opponents now so you can plan for next time…
  • Alyssa Toress goes to see sythe
    Alyssa Toress:“wow you were great”
  • Sythe Zanyz IV smiles.
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“You too.”
    Young Geralt:Fraternizin wit the opposition
    Alyssa Toress:“i think the queen put me against hana so i would easily win”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“If we were teamed up we could probably beat both of the bands.”
    Alyssa Toress:“politics as always”
    Calim Gorn:So who all from my family is here?
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“I wouldn’t be surprised… though even trying to fix a match doesn’t always work.. look at what happened to Verion.”
    Alyssa Toress:“hamidar is a scary guy”
    “his power is crazy”
    Hachikomaru:“So is House Ilumian.”
    Alyssa Toress:“but i think hes just really shy”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“All the probabilites would say that a 1on1 fight between him and hamidar should have gone his way, at least as far as training.”
    Hachikomaru:“From what I hear.”
    or iluvian, however you spell it
    im tapping out drools
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“His power scares me as well, it’s the only one I don’t fully understand. Helenia tells me it’s like some kind of anti-Aela.. it’s not a real poison.. more like a sort of corrupted Aela.”
    Hachikomaru:“Hmm interesting, maybe he could teach me.”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“If he’s announced as my next opponent tomorrow, I’llh ave to come up with something to try to shield against that, which could be difficult.”
    Alyssa Toress:“i’m glad hes on my side”
  • Sythe Zanyz IV nods.
    Alyssa Toress:“it looked very painful”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“I hope Kaldar matches up aginst him, I feel he may a chance with his brute strength. Kaldar is the better fighter of the two.”
  • Hachikomaru goes over to hang out with the mysterious Hamidar. “Nice work.”
    Sythe Zanyz IV:“Blade to blade, I don’t elieve Hamidar can match him.”
    Alyssa Toress:“we will see”
    Hachikomaru:“How do you do that?”
  • Hachikomaru tilts his head a bit.
    Hamidar Garaz:“Do what?”
    Hachikomaru:“Whatever it is you do to aela.”
    “Is it a type of magical poison?”
    “How does ‘it’ work, your powers.”
    “Spill it.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“Apparently it’s Sheyl’s gift..”
    Young Geralt:i need to hit the sack….
  • Hamidar Garaz says that rather Sardonically.
    Hachikomaru:“Ha!”
    Young Geralt:anything i need to know before i head out?
    DM:nah I was gonna end after these conversations.
    We can roll up next weeks opponents next time anyway.
    So you’re good G.
    Hachikomaru:“Could you teach me to do something similar?”
    Hamidar Garaz:“I don’t thikn it’s something that can be taught.”
    Young Geralt:ok, i will make a new batch of penetrating ooil unless that last check makes multiple doses
    Calim Gorn:So is it just Tharian here or are any of my shithead brothers here too? lol
    Hamidar Garaz:“It’s just part of what makes me who I am.”
    Young Geralt:in case we face mr armor
    DM:Falsion Gorn showed up too… the other non-imbued ones weren’t allowed on there anyway.
    Hachikomaru:“A pity.”
    DM:heh nah, well you can spend a hero point to say ouh ave another dose.
    Also you all do get a HP for victory
    Hachikomaru:“A dog is a dog I suppose.”
    Calim Gorn:lol, no Hero Point for me
    DM:Young Geralt gains a hero point. , Alyssa Toress gains a hero point. , Hachikomaru gains a hero point. , Young Calim gains a hero point.
    Well nah defeat too
    Young Geralt:i don;t have a HP and not spending the one i just got, probaly going to need for the match
    DM:M&M gives you one regardless.
    Calim Gorn:Oh yay
    Young Geralt:i’ll just roll to make a nother
    Calim Gorn:“I apologize for the poor showing, Father, Brother. Hopefully the trip wasn’t a complete waste.”
    DM:Yeah I’l see how that works ,I think you can create it again if you use the tiemt o brew it which you should have.
    Hamidar Garaz:“I’m sorry no one is afraid of your acid anymore.”
  • Hamidar Garaz says with a rather dark humor.
    DM:heh actually that’s gonna fail.
    It’s a DC 16.
    Alyssa Toress:i’m gonna pass out
    night
    DM:Think you should get another try at it since it wasn’t a catstrophic failure
    Young Geralt:i thought i made it with a 13 last time?
    DM:Nah, it’s always DC16.
    since it’s 10 + the point value of the enchantment
    whcih 6 ranks of penetrating is 6
    So 16.
    Grand Duke Tharian Gorn:“You fought well… You were aginst a formidable foe, and one with more years of trainng.”
    Hachikomaru:“They aren’t? Hmmm.”
    Grand Duke Tharian Gorn:“You have nothing to be ashamed of.”
    “Kaldar beats most of the members of Dragonband from what I hear, and your partner was not all that he could be.”
  • Calim Gorn seems a bit surprised to hear Tharian say something like that, he seems not used to compliments
    DM:Even Kaldar himself does come to tell you i t was a battle well fought as well after you were healed.
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, Nori isn’t as powerful or as skilled as most others, though his assistance kept me in the fight longer than I would have gone by myself.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“I’m the outcast.”
    Hachikomaru:“You are still human at least.”
    “Though an odd one.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“You don’t understand… I don’t create the poison. I am the poison.”
    Hachikomaru:“Yes, which means you should under the workings of how your power works, to better exploit it.”
    DM:There is btw a really awful smell about him.. I don’t think I mentioned that to Hacih before.
    But it makes you uncomfortable to smell it. It’s something unnatural.
    Hachikomaru:“I figured you must know something, your house isn’t full of morons.”
    Young Geralt:alright, my follow-up attempt was a 25 so i’m going to record it and head out
    DM:Yep
    that’s a success by Geralt
    Cya G
    Calim Gorn:(to Laventa) “What do you think, Sister? Can anyone in our band beat Kaldar and Sythe? I’m honestly surprised Justinia and Sefiros were defeated so easily.”
    Young Geralt:night all
    Grand Duke Tharian Gorn:“I appreciate you covering for him, but it could be seen rather plainly he doens’t have the powers of any other imbued. I’m told he’s little better than a mundane samurai.”
    Hachikomaru:“I’d assume you have some kind of anti-aela aura, that is itself aela powered. Maybe you eat it all the time, and fast.”
  • Hachikomaru sniffs at him.
    Laventa Gorn:“I was too…”
    “Gregorio seems like he’d have a chance against Kaldar… or Alyssa.”
    “Anyone goes aginst him with a blade, they’ll lose.”
  • Calim Gorn nods…
    Laventa Gorn:“As for Sythe… he’s beatable in theory…. he’s not the best, but he’s always got a plan.”
    “But you do have Hamidar… I don’t even…”
  • Laventa Gorn pauses thinking about him.
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, he seems like a big mystery to everyone.”
    “I’ve never seen that sort of power before.”
    Hamidar Garaz:“Perhaps. I’m not the mage.”
    Hachikomaru:“Well, guess I’ll have to find out.”
    Laventa Gorn:“I dont’ think anyone has, except maybe the archmagi… the archmagi even seemed interested in it, so it could be new to them too.”
    Calim Gorn:(to Tharian) “Nori is still a better combatant at least than the girl Suzu. I just know she has to have some sort of hidden talent or aptitude that she hasn’t tapped into yet… But all our attempts to bring it out have failed so far. It’s frustrating to not see her live up to her potential.”
    Grand Duke Tharian Gorn:“Some imbued juist dont’ have much innate potential… I’m not sure what that girls talkents may be if any.”
    Laventa Gorn:"She seemed good with magitech from what I heard from Alyssa… but I odn’t think she tries because of her family. "
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Grand Duke Tharian Gorn:“Perhaps you just need to put her in the cockpit of a magitech armor.”
    “Doesn’t matter how small she is then.”
    Calim Gorn:“Hm, an interesting idea… She seemed rather frightened of Sythe’s armor, but if she were the one in control, then maybe…”
    Hamidar Garaz:“You may not like what you find.”
    Laventa Gorn:“Well the armor was tearing through her bandmates with its weapons.”
    “Justy’s sister is really good with magitech, maybe you should introduce Suzu to her.”
    “She should be about her age….”
    Calim Gorn:“Oh? That might be a good idea… I was thinking of inviting her to one of the guild workshops that Mother oversees too.”
    Laventa Gorn:“Yeah that could work too.. I think she just needs to see that it’s okay for a girl to do that sort of thing.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Laventa Gorn:“Undo some of the programming. Of course she’s probably afraid to disgrace her family too.”
    “Anise says they keep telling her she’s wrong for training, and she doens’t have to stand out, she’s to just get through training and go back home to be a proper girl.”
    “They just have her there as a political token.,.. if they didn’t send her, it’d been insult to their daimyo.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, and she goes back home every time we go on break… We need to invite her out somewhere instead and try to deprogram her a little.”
    Laventa Gorn:“Yeah, she needs to take a trip to Rahseld or Ronen, even just seeing our home might be good for her.”
    Calim Gorn:“Too bad it’s Oshiro that owes me a favor instead of her daimyo, otherwise I could work that angle…”
    Laventa Gorn:“It’s not the best tourist trip, but… it’ll at lesat show her other ways. But if you want I can talk to Justy about maybe having a gathering to get her and Justy’s sister Sayuri together.”
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, that sounds like a good start.”
    Laventa Gorn:“Well you could always transfer the favor I suppose.”
    “A favor from Oshiro is a valuable thing.”
    Calim Gorn:“Oh? Can one do that in Makoro?”
    Laventa Gorn:“Her parents will be eager to deal no doubt.”
    “I think… you’d have to ask Hachi or Masaru….”
    “I owuldn’t ask Hana.. she’s pretty bitter about what happened.”
  • Calim Gorn chuckles
    Calim Gorn:“Yes, I’ve learned not to take her advice on most things… Too bad Hachi hasn’t yet.”
  • Laventa Gorn nods.
    Grand Duke Tharian Gorn:“Hana is a terrible role model for anyone.. what a terrible daughter to have.”
    “I am glad none of my children turned out like her.”
  • Calim Gorn laughs
    Calim Gorn:“So am I.”
    (Guess that’s a good spot to wrap up for now)
    DM:yeah heh
View
Session 8 Log

Herlock:sup
its your boy cheese
DM:yo
Alyssa Toress:holy shit
did you see that hail mary play from central michigan today?
DM:nope
don’t realyl wtch college at all.
Alyssa Toress:i dont either
but it was a nutso play
DM:heh.
yo
Tabris:Yo
Alyssa Toress:hi
Tabris:Hey Sef
Alyssa Toress:did you survive the hurricane
Tabris:No that’s his ghost
Sefiros:nah i had to upload my consciousness into tabs laptop
Alyssa Toress:thats rough
Sefiros:im always hot tho for some reason
and all i can think about is anime
Alyssa Toress:maybe try redoing the thermal paste
Tabris:lol
DM:lol.
Tabris:Yeah see if you can make my processor any faster while you’re in there
Sefiros:im suddenly attracted to muscular dudes too for some reason….
Tabris:No idea on that one
Sefiros:should have used bleachbit like hillary tab
or a hammer
Alyssa Toress:should have run a dod dban wipe
Sefiros:anyways
DM:lol what? Tab have some porn on there regarding that?
Alyssa Toress:no
Sefiros:haha nah just teasing him
Alyssa Toress:sef is being an ass
Tabris:lol
Yeah there wasn’t any porn on that thing anyway, I took my hard drive out of it and swapped in a blank one
Or well as blank as it was from the person I bought it from
Maybe they had some of their porn on it
Sefiros:meh i dont care anyways, you were nice enough to give it to me
i wasnt trying to dox him or something
i aint that big of a dick
not sure, it all got copied over with my roms and shit anyways
didnt have enough space tho
lost bunch of my 2e D&D books
Alyssa Toress:yeah i am hard up for space
only got like… 8 TB of drive space
its rough
Sefiros:you’re a digital hoarder tho
Alyssa Toress:its a collection
not a hoard
these are museum grade
Tabris:lol
Sefiros:rare pepe collection
Alyssa Toress:when i build my new comp i think i am gonna go for something like.. 12 TB
64 gb of ram
Sefiros:any word from G?
Tabris:Not yet
He said he’d be here the other night though
Alyssa Toress:do you guys ever think man pathfinder is fun to play
Sefiros:yeah i talked to him earlier today he said he would be here
Alyssa Toress:you excited for football sef?
Sefiros:sure when i was critting stuff for triple digits in Gs game
so so i guess, i havent kept up with football as much last year or so as i normally do
interest will prolly be determined by how my teams start
tho i watch college, which i dont think yall yanks care for
its kind of the opposite in the south, college is big, and nfl not so much
tho i do like the nfl, its just my team is like perrenial shit
Alyssa Toress:did you see that crazy hail mary today
from cmu
Sefiros:nah like even when i do watch football, its pretty much just falcons/bulldogs
aint a general football type
Alyssa Toress:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a24Vg-0QSzU
Sefiros:like the vikings some, since im of norse heritage
Alyssa Toress:its a totally crazy play
Sefiros:bout it besides my teams
Alyssa Toress:i am sure the falcons will do fine
or maybe not
who knows
Sefiros:we got shanahan who i aint a fan of, but guess we’ll see
i do know we got the best mascot in college at least
Alyssa Toress:really
Sefiros:hey our mascott literally tried to maul the other teams player once
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foGHh14uvKk
looks likes he was goin for the nards too
DM:lol
Sefiros:that was during touchdown celebration too which is what made it so funny
he was all dancing, and the dawg was like nah bro, fuck that shit…..rawr
Tabris:lol
Sefiros:we had a great announcer too in larry munson rip
“We just stepped on their face with a hobnail boot and broke their nose!”
lol he’d say some crazy shit when he got excited like JR from wrestling or something, would crack me up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPRqaAbdzZ4
Tabris:Got message from G, he’s on his way
DM:k I’m just gonna grab somethingb to drink then.
will brb
Garrion:howdy all
Sefiros:hey
Tabris:Hey G
Young Geralt:so what’s on the menu for tonight?
Tabris:I have pizza
T said he was gonna get a drink and then I assume we’ll get started
Sefiros:liquor and whores
its all thats ever on the menu
Tabris:lol
DM:yep. I’m back
lol.
Sefiros:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jewtYBvP-_0
Ts theme song
DM:heh I don’t really drink all that often a ctually
I’m just drinking water now :P
Anyway… remember last you left off you were at Thunderheart, home of the Wolfheart clan, and part of a gathering of imbued there meant to show strength and solidary of the epire, after the devastating attacks on Thunderheart by the earth demons earlier this year…
Sefiros:did we get any formal discipline or just the chewing out from Terl?
DM:You had followed Masaru into the forest who was apparently trying to prove himself by killing an earth demon solo, though he was instead captured by mana-eating plants.
Alyssa Toress:water owns
and i stayed behind to try to steal the land from the yt natives
Young Geralt:yeah, what a bitch
;)
Alyssa Toress:its okay geralt
i decided to give that up
DM:Where you managed to rescue him thouhgh you were apparently discovered by the rest of the Imbued, Taesian Stormblood being the one who found you, and you make your way back to Thunderheart where Imperion Terl does want to talk with you.
Calim Gorn:lol, this should be good
Hachikomaru:if only i had a nodachi…

  • Young Geralt pads his backside with charmin
    Hachikomaru:I’ll use the Sephiroth DMW on Taesian for octoslash
    CONCENTRATE
    DM:Terl first turns towards Baelis Sunborn…
    Hachikomaru:damn slot machine mechanics
    sorry, I’ll get serious now
    Imperion Terl:“You were charged with watching after Masaru, and yet even this simple task was beyond you.. instead you chose to get drunk… What a disgrace to the templar.”
  • Imperion Terl shakes his head.
    Imperion Terl:“Maybe you think if you screw up enough we’ll just kick you out and you can go get some comfortable guild job at a brewery…”
    Calim Gorn:(Is Masaru with us for this?)
    Imperion Terl:“But nobody leaves the Templar Baelis, even a screw-up like you… instead we’re just going to work you harder. You’re going to be so tired from your next year of training…”
    DM:Yeah masaru is there too
    Imperion Terl:“You won’t have the strength left to lift a bottle of beer!”
  • Imperion Terl turns towards Masaru.
    Imperion Terl:“And as for you…”
    “Sneaking off to play hero… thinking you’re going to prove you’re such a great warrior when you go take down an earth demon yourself.”
    “You’re lucky Baelis at least went to your bandmates, or you’d be dead right now.”
    “You’d be feeding a plant… and how much honor is there in that?!”
    Masaru Oshiro:“I was attacked as I slept, it was a -”
    DM:Terl whacks Masaru on the side of the head with his gauntlet.
    Imperion Terl:“You were reckless and you were foolish!”
  • Imperion Terl shakes his head in disgust.
    Imperion Terl:“We trained you better than this.”
    DM:He then turns towards the rest of you.
    Hachikomaru:“Attitude reflects leadership, Imperion.”
  • Calim Gorn stands at attention calmly, waiting for his turn to get chewed out
  • Hachikomaru tries to stand up a smidge for the poor guy.
  • Imperion Terl looks towards Hachi.
    Imperion Terl:“You have something to say?”
    Hachikomaru:“No sir.” he bows
    “My apologies.”
  • Imperion Terl continues as he addresses your group.
    Imperion Terl:“While I am glad that you pulled your bandmate out of the jaws of death. I am curious why you didn’t inform one of the fully trained knights of the empire that he was missing.”
    Calim Gorn:Hmmmm
    Young Geralt:“I don;t think we really expected him to be that far out. Hachi was tracking his trail and we just lost track of the distance. By the time we realized, it was too far to turn back.”
  • Calim Gorn nods, “We also had no way of knowing he was in grave danger, only that he’d gone missing. We did not think the situation warranted a full blown emergency search party at the time.”
    Young Geralt:“I thought he had just wondered off to hide someplace.”
    Calim Gorn:“Masaru is a mighty warrior and has proven himself many times. We did not anticipate him to be in any great peril.”
    “I imagine if he hadn’t been ambushed in his sleep then there would have been no need for us to go out at all.”
  • Calim Gorn tries to bullshit Terl to help Masaru save face
    Imperion Terl:(heh I’ll give you a deceptoon check on that one)
    Alyssa Toress:i bet terl doesnt put up with that bullshit at all
  • Hachikomaru seems a tad surprised at Calim.
    Calim Gorn:lol nat 20
    Hachikomaru:nice
    DM:heh wow.. that mgiht actually get him.
    Imperion Terl:“No disciplinary action will be necessary for your group at this time.”
    “You’re all dismissed… as for you Masaru, you’re going to be sent back to Makoro on the first airship.”
    “And your father will be informed of this incident.”
    Hachikomaru:ouch
    Calim Gorn:Heh, well so much for helping him save face
    Imperion Terl:"you’re all dismissed. "
  • Calim Gorn bows to Terl and leaves
  • Hachikomaru ponders a moment.
    Hachikomaru:“You have quite the skilled tongue Lord Gorn.”
  • Calim Gorn smirks a little
    Calim Gorn:“One has to learn such things in the noble houses of Rahseld.”
    DM:Yeah even Masaru seemed to buy his lie.. and was kinda shocked he said that.. heh.. though Masaur at the moment is pretty humiliated and leaves pretty quickly, still weak from having his mana drained too.
  • Hachikomaru watches as he leaves.
    Hachikomaru:“His father will not be happy…”
    DM:As Terl leaves, Laventa Gorn also enters the tent as well quickly heading over to Calim and giving him a hug.
    Calim Gorn:“Yes… Ah, sister.”
    Laventa Gorn:“I’m so glad you’re okay.”
  • Calim Gorn hugs her back
    Calim Gorn:“Sorry to have worried you.”
  • Hachikomaru looks on, as if observing wild game.
    Laventa Gorn:“You should have come get me, it’s dangerous in these lands.”
    “Taesian could have found him a lot easier. This is his home.”
    Hachikomaru:“I hear there is a massive beast that roams these woods.”
    Calim Gorn:“Baelis did not wish us to make a big fuss, it would have compromised his position. Though I guess that ended up happening anyway.”
    Hachikomaru:“It would seem, he would owe us a favor now as well.”
    “If required at some time.”
    “Though I believe all he could likely provide is inebriation.”
    Calim Gorn:“I’m not sure he’d be much good for anything other than liquor.”
    Laventa Gorn:“Baelis isn’t reliable… he really doesn’t know what he’s doing.. you shouldn’t let him g et you into trouble.”
  • Hachikomaru nods with a slight smirk.
    Calim Gorn:“Don’t worry, sister. We’ll try not to let anything like this happen again.”
    Hachikomaru:“Is Hana Makenki here with you in Thunderheart Lady Laventa?”
    Laventa Gorn:“I’m just glad you weren’t hurt.. when I heard that message from you… I almost panicked…”
  • Calim Gorn smiles a little sheepishly… “My apologies… Though I appreciate your concern.”
    Calim Gorn:“I guess I panicked a little myself.”
    Laventa Gorn:“Yeah though I haven’t seen much of Hana… I don’t even want to think of what she might be up to…”
  • Young Geralt rolls his eyes with all the gushing and fretting
    Young Geralt:“Well it look s like we are done here so I’m going to bed.”
  • Hachikomaru nods.
    Laventa Gorn:“Yeah I guess you should all get some sleep, you were up all night.”
  • Hachikomaru bows to the lady, and exits the tent.
  • Laventa Gorn nods to Calim a bit.
    Laventa Gorn:“We’ll talk later after you’ve got some rest.”
  • Calim Gorn nods
    Calim Gorn:“Rest will be nice… I may not need sleep, but apparently my body still gets fatigued if I push myself.”
  • Calim Gorn bids Laventa farewell for now and leaves
    DM:You’re all quite tired and get some sleep back at your tent… I am gonna have Sef make a percpetion check… btw Sef do youhave danger sense?
    Calim Gorn:Oh dear
    Hachikomaru:yeah olfactory it says
    DM:Oh yeah it looks like you do.
    Okay you can roll on that as well…
    Hachikomaru:what do i roll for danger sense?
    Alyssa Toress:i am not there right
    DM:Nah you’re in separate quarters
    You got your own well guarded place to be Herlock heh.
    Alyssa Toress:i thought i was staying on an airship
    in a nearby city
    DM:Oh yeah, that’s right you were basically staying with Sythe and trying to do minimal actual work heh.
    Alyssa Toress:yeah
    DM:heh okay.
    Calim Gorn:Damn princesses
    Hachikomaru:what does danger sense actually do? i just took it for fluff, no clue how it works
    DM:Anyway… Hachi is in his own tent and quarters and is alerted to an awake state by an unknown scent…
    Calim Gorn:Heh, it’s supposed to be like a sixth sense warning you of impending danger
    Hachikomaru:i meant mechanically
    i know its spidey sense fluff wise, whats it do mechanically
    Calim Gorn:I think basically what’s happening right now
    Hachikomaru:well i just meant T said “I can roll on that as well”
    Young Geralt:give you a perception check before it is too late
    Hachikomaru:so what do i roll heh
    DM:He can see a red haired girl, about probably 14 or so, dressed in tribal clothes.. she carries a knife in her hand and was approaching Hachi, she’s about 5 feet or so.. and seems to be trying to move stealthily.
    What do you wnat to do?
    Hachikomaru:what is her scent like?
    pleasant, horrible homeless
    Young Geralt:don;t eat her, she is probably just bringing you a gift… like wolverine stabbing Rogue
    DM:heh… well she smelsl like one of the tribal people.
    Calim Gorn:(It’s this universe’s version of Katai)
    DM:You don’t have analytical scent anyway, so you probably wouldn’t be able to detect a werewolf necessarily.
    Since your smell detected her, you could probably try to get her by surprise by not opening your eyes and just attacking, isncce you’ve got accurate scent.
    Assuming you wanted to try to gain the advantage, since she probably seems to think you’re asleep right now.
    Hachikomaru:“Come to slay a monster?”
    “Is that knife made of silver?”
    DM:She jumps back a bit as you speak.
    Red-haired Girl:“Does it have to be?”
    DM:She does have some bbravery in her, not immediately turning and running as one might expect.
    Hachikomaru:""I hear the wolf kind of your lands are supceptible to it."
    “But I am no wolf.”
    “Distant kin perhaps…..”
    “Or more like a king among wild peasants….”
    Red-haired Girl:“They say you’re not human.”
    Hachikomaru:“And Geralt tells me there are many humans who are monsters.”
    “Are you one of them?”
    Red-haired Girl:“I’ve been told I’m fierce.”
    Hachikomaru:“Bold as well.”
    Red-haired Girl:“Some of the wolfheart were afraid of you.. I said I wasn’t.”
    Hachikomaru:“When was the last time you bathed?”
    Calim Gorn:lol
  • Red-haired Girl glares at you.
    Young Geralt:((I’m not sure Geralt quite has that perspective yet in his youth. Don;t recall if i said that IC or not.))
    Hachikomaru:“I mean no offense, it’s just I think I smell those clothes more than you.”
    its just a humorous nod
    g
    you and herlock joking
    Red-haired Girl:“I don’t think you’re a monster.. I think. they’re scared of nothing.”
    Hachikomaru:“I see.”
    “I wonder who’s right.”
  • Hachikomaru looks her over for any fresh wounds.
    Red-haired Girl:“Well since you woke up, I guess your secret is safe for now.”
  • Hachikomaru sits up on his knees in Mokoro fashion.
    DM:She doesn’t really seem to have any battle wounds, though there are a few bruises and sccrapes here and there, she’s defintely not the typical girly type of girl. she’s had her share of hard work, or adventure.
    Hachikomaru:“Please, sit. Forgive my rudeness.”
    “I won’t bite.”
  • Red-haired Girl sits down slowly.
    Red-haired Girl:“I bet I could bite harder anyway.”
    Hachikomaru:“I doubt that.”
    “Where did you get those bruises and scratches?”
    Red-haired Girl:“Depends on which one you’re asking about. I’ll tell about em, if you tell me where you got that pelt.”
    (She looks at your fluff when she says that)
    Hachikomaru:“From my parents.”
  • Hachikomaru swishes it and then curls it around his feet like a rug.
    Red-haired Girl:“I’m guessing it came from a winter bear. I’ve heard they can get really big.”
  • Hachikomaru points to a fresh looking scratch on her person.
    Hachikomaru:“And yours?”
    Red-haired Girl:“That one… got hit by a stick while sparring.”
    Hachikomaru:“It’s unclean. You should wash your wounds.”
  • Hachikomaru grabs her arm gently and licks the scratch, and then releases her like it’s no big deal.
  • Red-haired Girl is startled as you lick her, that taking her by surprise.
    Red-haired Girl:“I dohn’t know where you’re from, but around here the boys ask before licking a girl.”
    Hachikomaru:“My apologies.”
    “I meant no offense.”
    Young Geralt:((That is nasty dude… that mouth is nasty after all I’m sure you just licked your ass not too long ago.))
    Red-haired Girl:(lol)
    Hachikomaru:he’s a dog remember
    Calim Gorn:(Yeah or his balls)
    Hachikomaru:ie licking wounds
    i considered giving him an actual power haha
    Young Geralt:lol, yeah i get the reference, that why i’m joing with you about it
    Hachikomaru:hmm i forgot if i took treatment, i meant to if not anyways
    for first aid at least
    but doubt she actually needs first aid check so i wont bother
    “I am Hachikomaru.”
    “Forgive me, how rude to not introduce myself.”
    Red-haired Girl:“Yeah you don’t even tell me your name and you’re already trying to lick me.”
  • Hachikomaru seems a bit clueless as usual.
  • Red-haired Girl shakes her head.
    Hachikomaru:“It isn’t from a winter bear.”
    “It’s from a…..”
    Red-haired Girl:“If you didn’t look like you were from Makoro… I’d think you must be from the Minotaur clan.”
  • Hachikomaru thinks for a minute.
  • Hachikomaru gets distracted before he finishes his train of thought.
    Hachikomaru:“The Minotaur clan? Why so?”
    “Do they lick their wounds as well?”
    Red-haired Girl:“Their boys have a reputation for being aggressive enough to try something like that.”
    Hachikomaru:“Tending their wounds is considered aggressive? Strange.”
    Red-haired Girl:“Guess Makoro does have some weird customs.”
    “Don’t they teach you anything at training?”
    Hachikomaru:“Yes, many things, some more useful than others.”
    “Go on then….”
  • Hachikomaru unfurls his tail across her lap.
  • Red-haired Girl seems a bit surprised.
    Hachikomaru:“I’m afraid I’m attached to it quite a bit, so you can’t have it.” he says a bit sarcastically
    Red-haired Girl:“Wait you know why I’m here?”
    “You could hear me that far away?”
  • Hachikomaru raises his brow.
    Calim Gorn:lol
    Red-haired Girl:“Or can you hear people’s thoughts like Taesian?”
  • Hachikomaru retracts his tail.
  • Hachikomaru shakes his head.
    Hachikomaru:“No, but my hearing is as good as any dog’s.”
    “Well better perhaps.”
    “Your scent woke me.”
    “So whatever you were planning is safe from me.”
    “I presume you meant to claim a piece of my hide with that knife.”
    Red-haired Girl:“Nah, just going to get some fur from your pelt.”
    “Show everyone it’s just from the winter bear and they’re stupid for being afraid of you.”
    Hachikomaru:“I see.”
    ""How large are these winter bears?"
    Red-haired Girl:“Everyone else was too afraid to come in here, but I said I would, even some of the wereolves were afraid.”
    Hachikomaru:“Ah yes the werewolves, that was the word I was looking for.”
    Red-haired Girl:“I’ve never seen a winter bear they just live in Tinigath, where it’s raelly cold.”
    Hachikomaru:“I’ve heard of The Great Wolf spirit.”
    Red-haired Girl:“Th